Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2022 1:26 PM

Sep 2020
I rarely get chills watching stuff but seeing the beginning of the rumbling animated definitely gave me them. It's just going to get better and better from here. The music had me so hyped along with the visuals.

I don't know what else to say apart from the fact that I loved every second of this episode, and the parallel of the title in this episode to the title from the very first episode is so fucking good. It's gonna be hard waiting for next Sunday.
Feb 6, 2022 1:28 PM

May 2012
What a great episode. Eren really will do whatever it takes to attain true freedom. With this episode along with the most recent episode of Demon Slayer, this has to be one of the greatest days in anime history!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Feb 6, 2022 1:29 PM
Nov 2019
Ymir's past got finally shown and the rumbling started, all I wonder now is how are they going to top this episode next week.
Feb 6, 2022 1:29 PM

Jan 2020
Y'all there are so many threads, I had a hard time getting here, but here I am.

Animation-wise, it was a pretty good episode. The Colossal titans look 10X better than the CG Wit has used. I can see the difference really well. Kaji Yuki as always gave his all in voicing Eren. I'm going to give it to MAPPA because towards the end, there was so much going on. The scenes were packed with titans and chaos, but they still managed to draw all characters really well drawn and the quality didn't drop because of how demanding the rumbling animation is.

The rumbling happened sooner than I was expecting, a lot sooner. It was kind of expected with his ideology that that's what Eren was going for. It's impressive how he got connected to all the Subjects of Ymir, that was a sight. To think that Ymir would give her powers to someone other than the royals is a bit shocking at first, but then you understand that after 2000 years of bowing to them, she decided to be free.

Eren.. Eren is out of his damn mind. He says he's going to end it, end what dude? Humanity?

From the preview

I'm scared of where the story will go after this.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Feb 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Mar 2018
What an episode, we finally see Ymir's eyes and The Rumbling has been done.

Can't wait.
Feb 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Nov 2017
Unusual_Kmc said:
Still don't see why they need to use so much CGI for the blood. Their 2D blood looks good.
Not gonna lie, the whole Rumbling animation felt very cheap.

And Jesus, that running animation for Eren was... something else.

I loved the music when Ymir was being chased though.

Wasn't it "Eyewater" OST? The same song as for "Call of Silence" OST. Love that music..
Feb 6, 2022 1:33 PM

Feb 2016
I liked the episode a lot, but there are three things that could be improved IMO.

1. Ymir‘s Founding Titan.
2. The sound of the Colossal Titans‘ footsteps.
3. Last frame of Eren talking could’ve been animated. I know I’m asking for a lot here, but it would’ve been perfect… :)
EA
Feb 6, 2022 1:36 PM
Jan 2021
Holy moly. I was watching the episode with my mouth open. And my hearts started hurting when I saw what the king did to his children
Feb 6, 2022 1:37 PM

Jun 2017
OrdinaryFinn said:
Ymir's past got finally shown and the rumbling started, all I wonder now is how are they going to top this episode next week.

Unfortunately it's only downhill from here but at least Mappa did justice to this moment.
Feb 6, 2022 1:39 PM

Jul 2019
This episode was a mixed bag:

Eren's run at the beginning was pretty bad and a terrible downgrade from the manga panels.

Ymir backstory was pretty well done, especially the music choice, however Eren interrupting everything was jarring, the whole speech to Ymir was rushed and didn't have any impact whatsoever, not to mention Zeke did not look or sound as desparate as in the manga, that whole scene was way too fast.

The activation of the rumbling was not bad at all but Eren's final speech was really underwhelming and sleep-inducing, it should have sounded more powerful.

I'm also not a fan of the last frame.

Overall a decent episode.
Feb 6, 2022 1:42 PM

Oct 2017
Fantastic episode! Probably the best one so far. They did great animating the rumbling and ymirs backstory!
Feb 6, 2022 1:45 PM
Jan 2021
Great episode; made even better by the blight rush sound effect from DBD
Feb 6, 2022 1:45 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
From Ymir's past to the beginning of the Rumbling that was absolutely incredible, such a great episode and now I can't wait for the next one
Feb 6, 2022 2:01 PM

May 2016
As manga reader couldn't enjoy reading Ymir backstory nor here or back then.
Armin was a fool for thinking Eren gonna help them out.
Feb 6, 2022 2:04 PM

Feb 2013
Dude. That was incredible.
Feb 6, 2022 2:05 PM

Mar 2021
Holy. Fucking. SHIT.

For me, this has gotta be the best episode of AoT, so far.

Ymir's backstory is so tragic. Poor girl :(

The hell is with that tree?
WTH is a damn WORM doing in the story of AoT? lol can't wait to see wth is that

OH MY GOD. The walls are named after HER 3 CHILDREN. BRILLIANT.

AND THEY CHOPPED UP YMIR AFTER SHE DIED AND FED HER TO HER KIDS. :((((((

Poor girl's suffering didn't end there. She had to be a slave for eternity, making titans for future Founding holders. BUT MY MAN EREN FINALLY FREED HER OF HER BURDEN. We finally see her eyes, and she's crying. Finally, she can stop.

and OMFG that worm is now attached to Eren?? WE ARE BACK TO SHIGANSHINA?!?!?!?!?

WE ARE ALREADY WITNESSING THE RUMBLING?!?!?! Holy FUCK IT'S TERRIFYING!!!! HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHH I'M SO HYPEDDDDDDDDDDDD 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

NEW OST UNLOCKED: "Footsteps of Doom"! What a name. It's so fucking good.

Tiny detail that I love is that Mikasa and Armin can't hear eachother from all the chaos around them.

I love Armins realization: "YAY Eren is gonna do as WE planned :D-WAIT. Why tf is the whole wall coming apart? ISN'T EREN JUST GONNA DEMONSTRATE THIS POWER?? HELLO???"

The Wall Titans look really good to me.

Did not expect the Founding Titan to be THIS FUCKING MASSIVE. Imo, it looks great and Mappa really made it horrifying.

Then EVERY Eldian from the whole world was transported to Paths, to hear such a MENACING SPEECH BY FOUNDING EREN.

I love how Eldians from around the world now know what's coming their way. How will the world react? RUMBLING, RUMBLING, IT'S COMINGGGGGGGGG, RUMBLING, RUMBLINGG!!!!!!

"The world wants to exterminate my people. They will not stop until every last Subject of Ymir is dead. I REFUSE TO LET THEM. The Wall Titans will trample every inch of the world beyond this island - UNTIL EVERY LAST LIFE BEYOND OUR SHORES IS WIPED OUT." - Holy fuck Eren. Great goddamn speech.

What. An. Episode. 2000/10. Absolutely impeccable.

AbsoluteCinemaFeb 6, 2022 2:22 PM

Feb 6, 2022 2:06 PM

Sep 2019
omg this was goated
Feb 6, 2022 2:08 PM

Jun 2012
Mappa confirmed better than Wit
Feb 6, 2022 2:08 PM
Aug 2020
this was so fucking insane! idk what to say more
Feb 6, 2022 2:14 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
As a anime-only,

This week episode kinda lacks impact because opening song already reveals this spoiler.

As for Ymir's backstory, did they really need to show us she got smashed by some stranger. Then when it's the Lolicon King's turn which resulted in 3 kids, did we really need to see the scene where her belly pop up like Historia?

I think the previous episodes were better.
Feb 6, 2022 2:21 PM

Jul 2021
Many things happened, I was very surprised.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.
asdasdsadad
Feb 6, 2022 2:22 PM

Jan 2019
dompsterfire said:
I WAS FUCKING HERE

EVEN WITH HIGH EXPECTATIONS THAT ACTUALLY BLEW MY MIND. Genuinely think this is best episode of the series. I'm still shaking that was insane. The ost, the animation, the voice acting man everything was great.

I think they got WIT to do some of the backgrounds and modified their collosal cg cuz it looked amazing. FUCKING WELL DONE.

Same brotha, mad hype here even though I was holding myself and trying not to. I love the hand drawn titan frames and scenario.

The only flaw in this episode is the 3 min recap when there is still a lot of stuff ahead.
Feb 6, 2022 2:24 PM

Jul 2020
holy shit alot of happen in this episode and its fucking epic. Eren is the one to end the suffering by eliminating all the enemies.."steal their freedom before they steal yours"

i have no more words for mappa, kudos it was epic

ps: this might be the best episode of the series.. 5/5
Feb 6, 2022 2:34 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode for sure, I've never been fully sold on the direction the story has taken in this last quarter but it's definitely entertaining and interesting in it's own right.

Ymir's past was crazy, though on some level I question why she allowed herself to be used by Fritz the way she was. With her power she definitely had no reason to obey everything he said, did she do it just because to her it felt like she was being useful to someone or was it just her life as a slave made her believe in servitude?

Another thing I'm kinda curious about, did Ymir 'know' Eren would come? Eren says he knows she's been waiting for 2000 years and that's he's finally here to set her free, is he saying that because he knew she was waiting for him or was she just waiting for anyone to 'free' her? I'm trying to understand if in the context of the show, Eren freeing her was pre-determined as in something that was foreseen or an outcome of his actions. The titles of the first episode and this one seem to suggest the former.

Rumbling was crazy. OST was on point this episode.
Feb 6, 2022 2:35 PM
Oct 2015
samashi20 said:
Y'all there are so many threads, I had a hard time getting here, but here I am.

Animation-wise, it was a pretty good episode. The Colossal titans look 10X better than the CG Wit has used. I can see the difference really well. Kaji Yuki as always gave his all in voicing Eren. I'm going to give it to MAPPA because towards the end, there was so much going on. The scenes were packed with titans and chaos, but they still managed to draw all characters really well drawn and the quality didn't drop because of how demanding the rumbling animation is.

The rumbling happened sooner than I was expecting, a lot sooner. It was kind of expected with his ideology that that's what Eren was going for. It's impressive how he got connected to all the Subjects of Ymir, that was a sight. To think that Ymir would give her powers to someone other than the royals is a bit shocking at first, but then you understand that after 2000 years of bowing to them, she decided to be free.

Eren.. Eren is out of his damn mind. He says he's going to end it, end what dude? Humanity?

From the preview

I'm scared of where the story will go after this.

Oh yeah.... fear is a good description....fear and dread.
Feb 6, 2022 2:39 PM
Jun 2021
Holy fucking shit man that all I can say
Feb 6, 2022 2:41 PM

Jun 2020
I don't like this series post-timeskip but this episode is one of the best of the entire show. I only have a few nitpicks like the footsteps not being loud enough and eren's mouth not moving, but this was amazing

MANGA SPOILERS
DumbFeb 6, 2022 2:44 PM
Feb 6, 2022 2:44 PM

Oct 2017
more like Attack on peak🐐
Feb 6, 2022 2:47 PM

Aug 2015
RUMBLING RUMBLING, IT HAPPENED!

I love this show so much man!!

Shout-out to Yuki Kaji, he killed it.

The voice acting, OST, animation, are so amazing in this Anime!!!

GOAT ANIME!!!!!
🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Feb 6, 2022 2:49 PM
May 2021
Looks like it's AOT's turn to take over Winter 2022
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Feb 6, 2022 2:50 PM
May 2021
just wow again

I can't describe the hype every sunday
Feb 6, 2022 2:56 PM

Dec 2019
Man this episode was freaking nuts last like 4 mins were amazing compared to the rest

but ymirs backstory was still super good really messed up too :(

Cant wait for next ep

Feb 6, 2022 2:56 PM

Aug 2018
...AHHHHH!!!!!
It's already started...VERY GOOD CHAPTER!!
Feb 6, 2022 3:02 PM

Mar 2015
Oh my GOD yet another incredible episode! The Founding Titan begins its journey!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 6, 2022 3:02 PM

Jan 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Just wanted to tell everyone to not listen to posts here and there talking about how it's all downhill from here. It's not, just watch the show and form your own opinions. Do not let yourself be recruited into the cult that is manga-ending haters.

u have my respect for this post

btw episode is just awesome, no words can describe it
Feb 6, 2022 3:08 PM
Jul 2020
This episode got me shaking and almost screaming 🔥🔥 Kaji Yki san did great the ost was amazing as well. I HATE YMIR THO
Feb 6, 2022 3:08 PM
Jul 2020
This episode got me shaking and almost screaming 🔥🔥 Kaji Yki san did great the ost was amazing as well. I HATE YMIR THO
Feb 6, 2022 3:09 PM

Feb 2017
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT WAS CRAZY BRO

how do i type louder than caps lock bc this was just !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the mf walls came down!!!!!!!!! its happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy jesus man when the hell was it that we saw that teaser with a small piece of the wall breaking off and a titan's eye being revealed??? was it the end of s1???? I HAVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS OH MY GOD

ymir backstory too!!!! that thing looks like some kind of parasite, maybe something thats been around since the world came into existence? took me a minute to realize that the kids' names are the names of the walls too. wow!!!

placeholder text
Feb 6, 2022 3:12 PM

Aug 2021
Does anyone still object that Attack on Titan is the best anime?
Doesn't it deserve the title of best anime?
All I can say is Haters gonna hate.

Thank You Hajime Isayama.

Feb 6, 2022 3:13 PM

Feb 2021
bruh i thought they were gonna show the founding titan finally. anyway it's all downhill from here
Feb 6, 2022 3:13 PM

Feb 2020
WHAT THE FUUUUUCK HE ACTUALLY WENT AND DID IT EREN YOU MADMAN GOD THIS SHOW

god i love eren in these later seasons. the paths scenes were so great

poor ymir :( even though we knew most of her backstory so not much of it felt new, except for the part about her being a slave. i was reminded of kenny's words in s3 about how everyone is a slave to something, and i guess that even applies to the most powerful person in the show. and that yucky king saying his 'reward' is to impregnate her ugh what a creep

and the rumbling!!!!!!!!!!!!! the music the tension eren's speech with everyone at the coordinate and his massive caterpillar titan ahhh it was all incredible and armin's reaction when he was like “yes! wait no!”

BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ENDED THE EP THERE,, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A WEEK
Feb 6, 2022 3:14 PM

Sep 2015
Fucking incredible episode! i'm sad at the removal of some parts but aside from that, this is one of the best!
Feb 6, 2022 3:21 PM

Sep 2016
hell yeaaaa lets get it eren
Facta Non Verba
Feb 6, 2022 3:24 PM

Dec 2008
Now I understand why the full opening was available today lol
Masterpiece!!!!
Feb 6, 2022 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
PEAK FUCKING FICTION!
Feb 6, 2022 3:27 PM
May 2019
THIS IS CINEMA INDEED, THIS IS PEAK FICTION INDEED, THIS IS THE ALLURE OF THE HUMAN MIND AND THE DESIRE TO BRING AN IDEA TO THE LIGHT, SUPPORTED BY THE EFFORT OF MANY OTHER BRILLIANT MINDS.

the animation in this episode proved that mappa is putting more and more into attack on titan with every episode, no cgi in the first fight between grisha and frieda, the scene where everyone points at ymir gave me shivers, the first transformation, the path scenes, ymir's expressions, and alas, THE RUMBLING, the unhardening of the walls and in the emergence of the countless colossal titans who were hand drawn over cgi, and the last scene of eren's glitching titan face as he struck us by his powerful words, an animation and direction masterpiece.

the voice acting was mind blowing, yuki kaji indeed almost lost his voice doing eren's screaming scene, zeke, armin and mikasa, eren's speech gave me chills down my spine.

and of course, the OST selection for this episode baffled me, the use of T-KT at the beginning made my eyes tear up as frieda wiped historiya's nose, and of course, kohta yamamoto was back with another shocker, the footsteps of doom, a cherry on top for such a divine production.

I am once again thanking god that I was born on this exact period of history, to witness such a masterpiece being made, hats off to hajime isayama, the directors, the voice actors, kohta yamamoto and hiroyuki sawano, and MAPPA with every member of their staff.

Feb 6, 2022 3:32 PM

May 2015
Feel so bad for Ymir. I'm so glad Eren is gonna be the one to set her free.

But here it is, the rumbling! I didn't actually expect it to happen this episode. (I guess its still under way though) Can't wait for next episode.

I'm still on Eren's side. I don't know anyone beyond the walls so don't care about them. But clearly this is gonna be what turns Mikasa and the rest against Eren as shown with Armin's comment about using all the titans rather than just the first wall. Which is a shame because Eren's doing it for them but I can see both sides.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 6, 2022 3:34 PM

Sep 2011
This episode and the previous weeks were easily the best this series has ever gotten, the recontextualization of the story before has been utterly incredible and its hysterical how quaint the series in its first season feels in comparison to the absolute ride its been since. Holding out hope things don't get as bad as people say but we will see.

Raizel said:
As manga reader couldn't enjoy reading Ymir backstory nor here or back then.
Armin was a fool for thinking Eren gonna help them out.
I mean what choice did Armin really have here? It was either get murdered by marley right then and there or put his faith in his friend that has always had their best interests in mind but also they ar euncertain of his true goals.

Its the definition of damned if you do damned if you don't. Pretty much every character's actions in the past 2 seasons of things have been the absolute wrong decision to make from the viewer's perspective, but completely understandable from the character's perspectives. At this point I'd not even say theres any good guys in the series, theres just products of their environment imploding with the world around them trying to survive.

I_Am_Freeballing said:
Just wanted to tell everyone to not listen to posts here and there talking about how it's all downhill from here. It's not, just watch the show and form your own opinions. Do not let yourself be recruited into the cult that is manga-ending haters.
I mean I do think its probably a good idea to temper expectations, I'm not going expecting the biggest trainwreck of all time but given I'm currently at some of the best content I've ever seen in an anime, I'm fine getting that nudge nudge that its maybe best not to put as much hope in the next episodes here on out

I'm sure everyone is gonna be judging it based on what they see, if anything everyone expecting the worst thing ever is more likely to come out thinking its better than they were expecting. I'm personally also holding out hope the anime adaption itself improved upon the source more cause I dont know the context behind what makes things so hated, but what ive seen of the ending I honestly thought sounded pretty much how I was expecting it to go and assuming its a execution problem or something cause it sounded fine.

If Mappa and the staff can actually iron things out, it'll be really fucking funny in retrospect seeing all the negative hype.
JizzyHitlerFeb 6, 2022 3:45 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 6, 2022 3:37 PM
Apr 2021
My question is... why was Eren able to activate the founder's power despite not having royal blood?
Thanks !
Feb 6, 2022 3:39 PM
Dec 2021
Saturn_Ho-Oh said:
My question is... why was Eren able to activate the founder's power despite not having royal blood?
Thanks !
That's what zekes for lol.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

539 by RemusR1 »»
Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 6, 2022

301 by Apreggi »»
Mar 25, 9:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.