Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2022 12:58 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverJan 15, 2022 1:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 15, 2022 4:21 AM

Nov 2020
This Ep is worth watching this series!!! Seriously best ep ever!!! I am so happy!!!! (T_T)
Love Moroha reuniting with her parents and Moroha sleeping in her father's lap awwww <3 Look at how soft Inuyasha looks. I am so looking forward to him being a protective dad and uncle to the girls!
Also Missed Kagome so much! Seriously having her again in the story is like homecoming. everything feels right now. Already loving her interactions with her nieces! Look at her defending her nieces and I love that moment with Towa and Kagome!
Also Shippo!!!
And Sesshomaru please don't die.... you gotta have that moment with your daughters too.
Jan 15, 2022 4:23 AM

Nov 2020
I wonder if anyone can hate this ep. If anyone does I will be very surprised!
Jan 15, 2022 4:27 AM
Jun 2021
I cried watching this ep. I just understand how Moroha feels. I really love this reunion and I'm looking forward to seeing Sesshomaru family reunion as well. I recommend you to watch this again. It' wholesome!
Jan 15, 2022 5:17 AM
Oct 2016
I couldn't be happier to see Moroha reunited with Inuyasha and Kagome. It warms my heart beyond recognition. The scenes at the start of this episode were perfect, Kagome instantly getting along with Towa and Setsuna while Inuyasha stubbornly butted heads with Moroha. They're absolutely father and daughter no way around that, so similar to each other. Moroha breaking down in tears was so sweet, shes longed to see her parents especially after she got that glimpse of them a few episodes back. Many wholesome moments with this group of characters inside the black pearl. Kagome getting along with Towa and finding out she's a Higurashi, Inuyasha surprised at how different the twins are from Sesshomaru, Kagome being surprised at Towa phone, the two of them seeing baby Moroha in that lake over the years. Lots of great moments I've been waiting to see. While on the outside Rin tries her best to keep the wounded Sesshomaru safe after that crazy Kirinmaru draining fireball. Shippo returning was awesome. Him just swooping in and Takechiyo hoping on for swirling escape away from Kirinmaru. Sesshomaru trying his best to use the last of that strength. Now the heroes just need to get out of this pearl.
Jan 15, 2022 5:57 AM

Jul 2017
AHHH the Inuyasha family reunion, this episode just had it all. The feels, emotions and tears.

I'd not think for a moment that Inuyasha and Kagome actually recognize Towa and Setsuna before (except from their birth), but while Kagome did, both father and daughter butted heads to pure awkwardness, which was funny. The 14-year reunion was a long time coming for fans, and I love this moment between Inuyasha, Kagome and the daughters.

The fabled "sit, boy!" Osuwari! command from Kagome to Inuyasha is a staple for fans, and a great thing that they included it here for nostalgia.

Dang, Shippo has aged THIS much??? He doesn't look all that recognizable, but of course his shapeshifting is there, along with Kyubi, and is still the kid raccoon that surprises.

Except for Sesshomaru which he absorbed Kirinmaru's power, Rin and Jaken find themselves in peril if they couldn't save him in time. For the rest, being trapped in the Black Pearl is of significance to get out of there, and in the nick of time, Takechiyo escaped with him.

The final story of the Grim Comet in still Kirinmaru's supremacy, and if Riku isn't Kirinmaru's right-hand man in the Warring States era, Kirin Osamu is another one in the present day. Hoping that this plot will follow through to the end.
Jan 15, 2022 7:34 AM

Nov 2012
Aghhh, it's getting so much better!
Loved this episode and i can't wait to see Shippo with the gang. I hope Inuyasha and Kagome manage to escape with the girls and help Sesshomaru.
Jan 15, 2022 8:36 AM

Mar 2020
Moroha reunited with her parents, i'm loving her interactions with them. Kagome has already befriended the twins. It's so refreshing to know that she still uses the osuwari spell on Inuyasha. Shippou's handsome dude form was fake, he's still a cute little kitsune. Sesshoumaru is in danger, the girls will have to get out of the pearl asap. This show is getting better as it progresses.
Jan 15, 2022 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
That was such a sweet episode, I'm not even a fan of the original Inuyasha but I like Moroha a lot, everyone hugging and crying almost made me cry.
Jan 15, 2022 10:00 AM

Jun 2017
Daamn this episode was fire, it felt like a minute.
Jan 15, 2022 10:20 AM

Jan 2008
This episode's reunion and catching up with old family and friends was a long time coming. Was cute to see how Moroha and Inuyasha were so awkward, before Inuyasha went into dad-mode picking her up. I'll be honest, I shed a few tears at this reunion, just like Towa and Setsuna watching from the side. Very nostalgic to see Kagome say "Sit" to Inuyasha again after so long. Jaken was surprisingly a hidden support pillar for this series, sort of being like a godfather to the three kids as they're growing up. Nice to know that Inuyasha and Kagome were able to see their daughter growing up, thanks to Jaken. I'm happy to know that Rin wasn't the only one able to see their kids while they themselves were in limbo, with Rin seeing her two daughters from Setsuna's dreams, and Inuasha+Kagome seeing Moroha in the lake of fire.
Estoy_GordoJan 15, 2022 10:24 AM
Jan 15, 2022 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
It's so great to see Inuyasha, Kagome and Shippo back, what a blast
Jan 15, 2022 10:29 AM

Feb 2019
Ngl this episode gave me some serious anxiety, please God, don’t kill off seshomaru. I’m worried about him exerting all of his life force in this last fight.

Seeing Inuyasha and moroha interact was so damn cute. Need some slice of life OVAs of everyone just being happy after this is over
Jan 15, 2022 1:20 PM

May 2018
I love the moment when Moroha and Inuyasha were like "Grrr"...adorably territorial.
Jan 15, 2022 2:56 PM
Nov 2019
Inuyasha and Moroha's reunion was just as great as Kagome and Moroha's was last week. And I liked Kagome and Towa bonding over them both living in the modern world.
Jan 15, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2008
Nostalgia boner finally fulfilled. Best episode out of each season. How I awaited this reunion. Sweet bliss
Jan 15, 2022 6:02 PM

Apr 2021
This episode was actually good. The reunion with inuyasha and moroha was cute
Jan 15, 2022 8:59 PM

Oct 2008
reunion was touching!
and this episode was complete with original VAs! rin,kagome,sessh and of course Inuyash!
5/5.

Jan 16, 2022 5:49 AM

Jun 2019
They are such dog youkai through and through.

And I still can't believe I'm getting to hear one of the godliest seiyuus of all time, Satsuki Yukino, back onscreen for an ongoing series for sequels to two of my favorite series in existence within one year. Such a presence. It's really the inclusion of the main characters from the original series and linking their stories with the next generation on which this anime will rise or fall by comparison to its first half. So far the second season is superior and more enjoyable in every way. I think it's just because we're a lot further along into the story, but in retrospect if it all ends up being worth it then I won't have minded and will look back on the longer length and slower pacing breaking with a lot of modern-day series and slightly closer to the format of Inuyasha as clearly the preferable choice and really vindicated by where they choose to take the story and how much it adds to Inuyasha (the original series, not the character) as a sequel after it's over from a more removed, bird's eye view.

So far bringing in and utilizing absolutely everyone of the original characters to work and play off the new is the only real viable way to go and can elevate this series tenfold compared to seemingly episodic season one misadventures with characters with whom we were not connected to yet and who were disjointed from their past by design.

Jan 16, 2022 1:24 PM

Nov 2017
Inuyasha and Moroha omg I wanted to cry.

I like how Sesshomaru managed to find the strength to get up and protect his family. I love him.

"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jan 16, 2022 4:00 PM

May 2019
The series spent so long without mentioning Shippo, I completely forgot he existed. My mind totally accepted he was just gone.

Also-

Kirinmaru: Sesshoumaru, your Haku's almost gone. >B3
Sesshoumaru: Do I look like I give a shit?
Jan 16, 2022 5:44 PM

Jun 2019
The more I think about it, the more I'm exceedingly curious as to what Kirinmaru would have thought of Naraku and his objective - besides the usual youkai and daiyoukai tendency to look down on hanyou as inherently upstarts, filth, and lesser beings.

If I'm keeping all the various timelines straight, wouldn't he still have been frozen in a deep slumber during the transpiring of that whole conflict and the events of the original series?
Jan 17, 2022 5:44 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
joy_swifty said:
I cried watching this ep. I just understand how Moroha feels. I really love this reunion and I'm looking forward to seeing Sesshomaru family reunion as well. I recommend you to watch this again. It' wholesome!

Yeah, I cried a little myself, because as Mohora herself was crying, I was thinking of The thoughts and the emotions but she was feeling right then and there, and I got teary-eyed myself. Because imagine that, separate from them as a baby, having a go through everything that she went through for those 14 years, and then at that moment, you finally achieved your goal, to be reunite with your parents. And not just with a fly by, as happened a little earlier in the series. Seriously, that. Was. Priceless.

I also loved it when she and Inuyasha were at odds like that, and Kagome so aptly said, they’re definitely related. And I fully understand why Towa joined Kagome in pushing them together like that, because of her own “reunion” with Setsuna A couple episodes back. And when Towa was showing Kagome pictures of her family like that, was a nice reminder to all of us, that she was in there for like 14 years, and obviously a lot has changed.

Looking very forward to the next episode, because I also think that this was probably the best episode so far in the series.
Jan 20, 2022 9:45 PM
Mar 2015
The real plot has finally been revealed
Jan 22, 2022 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
Okay I actually teared up....that was good.

Now the question is will Sesshomaru actually survive this or not.
Mar 27, 2022 5:35 AM

Oct 2017
Can't get enough of Moroha and Inuyasha, I knew their interactions would be amusing. Their reunion was really emotional.

The revelations were okay.
May 8, 2022 8:15 AM

Aug 2009
wow that was a good cry..seeing inuyasha and kagame together again with morhora..like wow..waiting for this moment for years!
May 24, 2022 11:21 AM

Nov 2010
Awesome episode! It's in the top 3 of 48 for me. At this point, all of the old gang have been introduced back to the show.

What Kirinmaru is doing does make sense. It's like hitting two birds with one stone. He gets to travel beyond space and time while saving future humanity the pain and horror of being devoured by demonic entities. There's nobody powerful enough to stop the comet in the modern era after all.
Sep 15, 2022 12:09 PM

Apr 2012
Wouldn't have been as great without the father and cub interaction.
Dec 10, 2022 5:22 PM

Mar 2009
I feel like these recent episodes are exactly what the hardcore Inuyasha fanbase wanted from the beginning. I'm glad season 2 finally delivered.
Feb 27, 2023 6:51 AM

Jan 2018
Oh, man. It's been so long since I last heard Kagome's legendary "Osuwari!". That was great even tho it felt a bit forced lol.

Moroha and Inuyasha having a staring contest followed by them hugging so darn cute. Enough to make a grown man cry...

Kagome catching up to the modern day with Towa was great. Thing is, the Inuyasha manga started in the 90's. So Kagome shouldn't even be familiar with mobile phones at all. I know the anime gave Kagome a flip phone but Idk if the manga ever incorporated phones later on.
Wait, how does Towa's smartphone still have battery left?!

Finally, we get Shippo. He was a kid the last time we saw him and now... he's a slightly older kid. It'll probably take a couple more sequels before we see him becoming a fully-grown adult.

Man, these last few episodes have been amazing. And there are still 9 episodes left?! I really hope this Kirinmaru fight won't be dragged till the end.

Kirinmaru's goals aren't half-bad. It seems the polar opposite of whatever the hell Naraku had. Even if his intentions are questionable. So why are the Yashahime fighting Kirinmaru again? Speaking of Naraku, it would've been cool if he had a cameo like Kikyo. I might be the only one who's bothered by him not being acknowledged enough.

It seems like we'll see Sango and Miroku again in the next episode. Hopefully, the extended family will reunite!
0451Feb 28, 2023 5:52 AM
Apr 9, 2023 3:17 AM

Apr 2013
So Shippo just conveniently appears when they need a ride? Sure.
Mar 27, 4:14 AM

Jun 2020
Inuyasha being pretty much the typical father upon finally seeing his daughter again. Awkward at first, then more expressive and emotional. Such a sweet moment.

It's so nice to see the whole family interact as if it were a gathering. I've been waiting for these kinds of moments.

So that's Kirinmaru's motivation? He wants to save everyone in the modern age from the comet but for...questionable reasons? Not quite what I expected. I thought he wanted to manipulate time or reality to his liking, and I knew for sure it would be something morally grey to an extent and that it would have something to do with the present age.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all this will unfold and be executed.
Mar 28, 8:12 PM
Jan 2012
good moment Kagome and Inuyasha,see moroha again

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.