Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2022 1:58 AM

Nov 2007
The End
tsubasaloverMar 26, 2022 2:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 26, 2022 4:11 AM

Apr 2020
Better than S1 but not by much imo.
I would give it a 6.5 if I could so 6/10 it is since I don't think it was good enough.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 26, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Good ending to a Good second season. An extreme improvement over season 1.

Yeah Setsuna and my reactions to Riku being alive were exactly the same lol.

I think overall Moroha was the best character in Yashahime but they all had their charms.

7/10 for this season.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2022 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
ugh finally...2nd season was terrible.
Mar 26, 2022 7:44 AM

Feb 2012
Solid 7/10 from me. XD
Story is nice.

That Song OP and ED is good so that bonus point
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 26, 2022 8:19 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with a bit of a "where are they now" sort of cool-down episode. You know, I wrote an awful lot about the first season of Yashahime, to the point where an ignorant user on here asked me to just write a review instead which I won't do. So in the interest of brevity I'll try and make my thoughts on this second season short:

Basically, this season was definitely an improvement over the disappointing first for me. And I think it was largely do to the tying up of plot threads. It wasn't perfect by any means, but for the most part I enjoyed watching things come together and wrap up. I enjoyed the inherent catharsis of cute moments like Moroha meeting her parents for the first time or Towa and Setsuna meeting their mom. Stuff like that. It felt like there was less filler in this season, less one-off episodes that felt boring and pointless. It still felt fan-fictiony of course, but it was far less off-putting in that regard. There was a good stretch of several episodes in a row that I really liked, which didn't happen in the first season. I don't know that we'll ever get anything more in the Inuyasha universe, but I'd watch it if we did. 7/10
Mar 26, 2022 9:53 AM
Oct 2016
I can always appreciate when a story gives us a full epilogue, such as this, instead of just stopping after the final battle or something. Here we get a full episode after everything is settled against Kirinmaru. Which is a delight to see and something kind of rare in anime storytelling. Seeing everyone interact without the threat of another battle is nice. After the things they've all gone through they deserve some peace. Towa, Setsuna and Moroha have lead us on a winding journey the past two seasons and year and a half. To have it end with them all happy and setting off on this new adventure is fitting. Seeing Moroha with Inuyasha and Kagome is nice enough on top of everything else the finale gives us. Towa and Moroha receiving those gifts from their father. Whom while he did test them a lot by making the twins go through some hellish experiences Sesshomaru does care for his daughters in his own stoic way. Overall a heartwarming ending to while at times bumpy show a still enjoyable one.

75/100
Mar 26, 2022 10:07 AM
Mar 2021
I think this season is less than satisfactory, but I'm just enjoying Moroha's development! because yes he is a character that I like in the next generation of Inuyasha series😅
Mar 26, 2022 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
Some of the nice moments I've been hoping for this ep but bleh even thought it was obvious I wish Riku stayed dead, that relationship is garbage.

Having binged season 1 while this season was just hitting its prime in the half-way mark, I didn't expect to say this but this season is even worse. The prime period was definitely the best content throughout the show but not enough to make up for how the story completely dropped the ball in the end from Kirin's kinda interesting introduction to his utterly nonsensical turn to the end.

Season 1 left me feeling okay this really wasn't good but I'm interested see where it goes. The inheritance of the Tenseiga, and the preview of Moroha & Towa's full demon powers were genuinely exciting and at that point I was still interested in Kirinmaru because he gave the presence of a tough villain who didn't really care to fight our young protagonists at the time. This season though he's just a lunatic who gets upstaged by his own ridiculous hand and I'm just glad to be done with it now.

The middle of the season did give some promise but ultimately they showed once again this show really doesn't know what it wants to do with its obviously most likeable character Moroha as it instead puts everything on the unlikable main protagonist they chose in Towa.

Gave the first season a 5, gonna have to go with a 4 here.
GuessMyUserNameMar 26, 2022 11:12 AM
Mar 26, 2022 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
It’s so hard for me to rate this season because I feel like it dragged on for so long and the Kirin sensei plot twist was awful writing Imo, but the nostalgic and wholesome moments like Moroha reuniting with Kagome and Inuyasha, the twins meeting Sesshomaru and their mother, that wave from Rin at the end…hit hard.

Story definitely fell off at the end, but I had fun with it nonetheless. A solid 7. Inuyasha was my childhood and it’s hard to dislike anything with this world. I definitely would like to see more slice of life stuff with the girls or even a timeskip ova or something. Maybe we’ll get a manga later on too.
Mar 26, 2022 11:45 AM

Jul 2017
Yashahime is finally over, and I can breathe a sigh of relief.

The OG and the new-gen together as their own families, it's been a long time coming. Being able to enjoy life without the presence of demons, and somehow Riku managed to survive.

This is pretty much the "happily ever after" ending, and I hope that this will be the last.
Mar 26, 2022 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
Ok so I wasn't much a fan of he "New generation" of Inuyasha, but it grew on me over time.
Gotta say seeing the old crew back is what made it for me this season as well, especially Moroha being with Inuyasha and Kagome as a family, sweet moments!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 26, 2022 2:34 PM

Jan 2018
Another awful unneeded sequel show finally over
Mar 26, 2022 3:11 PM

Jan 2008
Good to see Moroha hunting with her parents spending quality time together, and finall being debt-free.

I love seeing Setsuna and Towa wearing the new outfits they got from their mother, the same ones from the ending theme. Too bad this is the only episode we got to see them wear it. We never got to see Moroha's Miko outfit matching Kagome like in the ending theme, but wear another design...not as good looking in my opinion, but I guess it does match her character, I suppose.

Surprised to see that they actually talked about Sesshoumaru's actions, and lack thereof, with his parenting. I appreciate it being addressed and discussed in this episode. Also happy to see the thre girls bonding, after how much they've grown closer and as characters in this series.

A part of me is disappointed that Riku stay dead because they made his death last episode feel like a cheap cop-out. At the same time, I'm glad Riku is alive...that way they can give him a more proper death later that might actually make me care more about him. Hopefully sooner than later, in a continuation of any potential future seasons, perhaps.

Setsuna frustratingly complaining about how Riku is still alive, basically embodies me entire sentiment to this development. But my hope from last episode about seeing Riku acting more of "pirate" by actually being on a boat, is at least fulfilled. When he was previously making reports to Kirinmaru on his boat, it just didn't feel right, whereas now that Kirinmaru is gone, the boat is his to use now.

I guess they're making them leave on a long term adventure to make it open-ended for another season, if they decide to renew it for another. That would also solve the issue of keeping this series focused on the girls and not have their OP parents around to bail them out, without having to outfight remove them entirely. The little tidbit where Hisui almost confessed his love to Setsuna was very cute as well. OTP confirmed. One last loose thread is that the way back to the present is still closed off to them though. Maybe the Kikyo avatar/Tree of Ages spirit will do something about it.

I's say this is a solid 7/10, 8 if I'm being generous, but only because of Setsuna. Now that I think about it, I've rated shows much worse than this before at 7/10 which I never enjoyed as much as this, so I guess I'll give it an 8/10, because 7.5 doesn't exist; which feels more appropriate.
Estoy_GordoMar 26, 2022 3:14 PM
Mar 26, 2022 4:59 PM

Dec 2013
Cute finale, a bit underwhelming since it felt like it was more setting for sequels but still good enough, S2 was much more enjoyable and engaging than S1, I liked a lot Moroha and Rion, Setsuna grew on me on S2 I wasn't a fan of her before and Towa was meh, it is pretty funny how Shippo finally showed up and ended up being the secret weapon.

That bit with the 3 hugging was really nice and Moroha asking for a hug from her parents was lovely.
Mar 26, 2022 6:39 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
You know, I watched the original TV series of Inuyasha when it was out, so this last episode has special meaning to me. Because as one user said, we don’t know if we’ll ever get another part to the story, and I would say probably not, since we already got so much, including this series.

But yeah, as a lot of you have said already, this season was a vast improvement upon the first one. A lot of plot points were tied up, and it separated families came back together over the course of the season. And this wasn’t just a “happily ever after” type episode, but in addition to that, it’s a “where did they go from here?” type episode too, with those last couple of scenes anyway.

Because of all the heartfelt moments that were in this series, for a series that I enjoyed when I was a teenager, in addition to being pretty exciting and interesting as well, I’m actually gonna give this season a pretty generous score. 9/10

And since I gave the first season a 7/10, I guess that would make the whole series an 8/10.
Cosplay_JoeMar 26, 2022 6:47 PM
Mar 26, 2022 11:06 PM

Jul 2012
So where did the whole thing about both Kirinmaru and Sesshomaru having to die go?
Bah, nevermind, the show was terrible. Thank god is over.
Mar 27, 2022 1:21 AM

Sep 2011
Do you think there will be a third season?
Mar 27, 2022 5:27 AM

Sep 2018
What an absolute shitshow. I hope they never make another season.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Mar 27, 2022 9:42 AM

Oct 2017
This was such a sweet finale, I really love it when animes get proper epilogue. It was really nice seeing everyone again and how their life continued. Moroha finally getting the love she deserves, it's really heartwarming. Setsuna and Towa family moments with Rin and Sesshoumaru were nice too. Also lol Riku's alive, so much for his dramatic death as he himself mentioned.

It was a fun ride with this anime, gonna miss it. Hopefully this is the end thou, don't want this to be dragged.
Mar 27, 2022 10:16 AM
Nov 2019
A good finale to a very messy season, and show.
Mar 27, 2022 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
Good finale but somehow I feel like maybe there could be more
Mar 28, 2022 9:36 PM
Mar 2015
The girls and Riku move along to demon slaying
Mar 29, 2022 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
at last Moroha's debt has now been fully paid...of course with the help of her dad Inuyasha!
BWAHAHAH Jaken got stomped again by Sesshoumaru!
5/5.

Mar 31, 2022 4:53 PM

Jan 2008
I swear to God, Moroha was completely wasted on this. I would SO watch a show only about her though. Adventuring and hunting monsters. Have a subplot where Inuyasha is secretly following her to make sure she's safe, and ends up fighting monsters were out of her league.
Mar 31, 2022 5:20 PM

Feb 2010
Inuyasha became an extra and weaker than his daughter.
Apr 2, 2022 9:34 AM
Oct 2016
Moroha was hands down the best girl design and personality wise of the whole series.
Apr 2, 2022 9:47 AM

Jan 2008
hany0u said:

Like hell he did. Kongousouha and Meidou Zangetsuha are way stronger then anything Moroha can dish out. Hell, he could keep Kirinmaru at bay.
Apr 2, 2022 2:00 PM

Apr 2021
Only part that was good was moroha reuniting with inuyasha and kagome

It didn’t seem good quality and i would’ve liked a stronger more consistant plot
Apr 2, 2022 2:31 PM

Feb 2010
DmonHiro said:
hany0u said:

Like hell he did. Kongousouha and Meidou Zangetsuha are way stronger then anything Moroha can dish out. Hell, he could keep Kirinmaru at bay.

He practically did nothing all season.

Apr 4, 2022 7:19 PM

Jul 2016
This season had some good moments here and there, it followed more a storyline compared to season 1, but it’s hard to care much about it when a lot of things are just thrown in our faces.
Whatever, it was worth it because of the family moments, but I probably won’t be watching if there is a sequel.
Apr 4, 2022 9:07 PM

Jan 2008
hany0u said:
He practically did nothing all season.

Well, yeah. I mean... they HAD to somehow get Inuyasha and Sesshomaru out of the fight. Let's be honest, Inuyasha could have taken Kirinmaru down himself. How the hell do you beat an attack that sends your ass to the shadow realm. And if you DO throw a giant fireball at him, he'll just send it back, stronger.
Apr 9, 2022 1:12 PM

Jul 2008
This was definitely better than season 1, but the ending felt real weak and all too happy of an ending.

I'll give it a 6/10, not the trainwreck of season 1.
Apr 10, 2022 9:49 AM

May 2020
And so we finally get a happy ending, with Towa, Setsuna & Moroha wandering around Feudal Japan beating the shit of any demon or human who decides to piss them off.

Overall, this season was such a massive improvement over S1, its not even close. It seems like they tightened their belts and decided to listen to a lot of the criticism. While this show isn't that good, its connection to Inuyasha and the way they handled the reunion with the OG cast and the new cast. I liked the new cast for the most part, with even Towa becoming much more likable this season.

I hope there are no more continuations but if there is one, I wouldn't be too disappointed.
Apr 24, 2022 5:57 PM

Jul 2007
I loved seeing the families together, that's the best thing about this series, and that's why it was hard for me to finish this series.
Also, the fact that this series had no romance whatsoever, which was something very important and very present in the original anime. But I'm very happy that Riku came back to life!! After that confession we really deserve them to be happy together!!

I need kisses, hugs!! What is wrong, people? 😢😢
May 7, 2022 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
An easy anime to enjoy. It was lovely in general.

I can´t help but to give 8/10.

I will miss those 3 adventures.

I just wish I could see Towa visiting her adoptive family once again before ending.
May 24, 2022 7:32 PM

Nov 2010
That was a nice happy end for everyone!

It's a decent show overall. My main issue is that the plot is too simple for a 48 eps. show. There were plenty of boring scenes and the final battle wasn't epic. 7/10
Jul 18, 2022 9:48 PM

Mar 2014
Kagome's reaction to Moroha being in debt was perfect

Let's hope the happily ever after sticks this time
Sep 3, 2022 11:20 PM

Nov 2017
I'm so let down, I'm such a sucker.

They couldn't bring any of the underlying storylines together in a satisfying way. Boo.

First season was legit and as well as parts of this season. However, it turns out that without Countess Zero, this show truly falls apart. She was the only true antagonist. A part Towa's history teacher could not fulfill.

They also gave Rion too much of a character switch midstream. It was very disappointing to find they didn't have a second act for second season. Right arm and Kurinmaru were lame.

Zero was the only thing holding this show together. So that sucks.

S1 was good though and these three girls are better characters than the original squad in a lot of ways. They needed a way stronger antagonist and situation than the grim comet and a butterfly. Nothing but let downs since ep 10.

They really packed it in 2nd season. Too bad. The experiment worked with Zero as a counterweight.

Ah well. Zero will forever be in my heart, crusty shrew (and a total milf to boot).
DarkInsomnia57Sep 3, 2022 11:28 PM
Oct 10, 2022 1:22 AM

Jun 2016
Oct 28, 2022 11:40 AM
Dec 2014
S2 little better, than 1, but still not really good.
Yashahime was a mistake. Plot based on Sesshoumaru having are communication disorder: just because he can't talk to Inuyasha "don't kill Zero, she cursed my waifu, I need her alive" and after sealed her with Kagome's help, all that shit happened. Pretty stupid.
Villains here not really interesting. Towa and Setsuna not are bad characters, but they lack interaction with everyone: each over, demon hunters, their parents, Jaken (somehow, he is mvp here),villains... Moroha is our only light, but she don't have enough screentime. Plot often just a mess, like sudden battle in cosmos or Kirin became villain out of nowhere.
Well, I'm grateful for nostalgia, and a scenes, like Moroha meeting her parents first time, but I'll probably pretend that Yashahime never happened.
Mar 5, 2023 2:43 AM

Jan 2018
This was a very "feel-good" ending. Everything has returned to normal and everyone got their "happily ever afters". Still, I loved every moment. Especially Moroha bounty hunting with her father and Towa and Setsuna talking to Rin about Sesshomaru.

I didn't like Riku's revival. Even the show doesn't seem to have an explanation for how he's back. Also, Hisui's feelings for Setsuna came so very last minute. And I guess Moroha's too young to have a love interest. The romance in Yashahime is so awful. They should've just stuck with the sisterhood theme. These were the only parts of this episode I didn't like.

I still think Season 2 had some of the same flaws as Season 1, like Towa, Setsuna, and Moroha not being a proper group and Towa being an annoying main character but overall Yashahime Season 2 was definitely a lot better than Season 1. But they don't compare to the first 48 episodes of Inuyasha. The sisterhood theme wasn't bad but I much prefer romance over this.

The first season was bad and I guess it made many people give up on the series before watching season 2 which is a shame. But if you want to watch the good parts of Yashahime, you could just watch some clips on YouTube which is what I did before watching it. The best parts of Yashahime were the middle of Season 2 around episodes 12-17.

The best characters were definitely the older cast like Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, and Kagome rather than the new ones. I'm sure most people watched this only for them.

These first 2 seasons weirdly feel like an origin story for more seasons but it seems very unlikely that a 3rd season will be made, unfortunately. It's wasted potential. However, there is a manga that's ongoing I think. It's an adaptation of the TV anime and I wonder if it changes anything or has any new stories in it.

It took me almost 2 months to finish Yashahime (each season took about a month) mostly because the 1st season was a drag but overall I didn't regret watching it like I was expecting after hearing everyone hate it. It was a decent non-canon sequel to Inuyasha.

I don't get why so many people hate it but I guess I wouldn't know cause I'm not a long-time Inuyasha fan like those people are.

Now I can move on to Rumiko Takahashi's most underrated anime, RINNE.
Apr 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Apr 2013
That last episode was actually quite nice, seeing Inuyasha and Moroha working together

Guess I give this the same score as season 1. It made even less sense than season 1, but at least we got Inuyasha and Kagome back. 4/10
Oct 19, 2023 12:47 AM

Oct 2012
so is there another season or is this the end?
Nov 16, 2023 12:52 PM

Oct 2022
No your not going to gaslight me into thinking Sesshoumaru was a good father show.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Mar 31, 4:39 AM

Jun 2020
Nice epilogue episode.

When Riku showed up disguised I already knew what was going on. I definitely didn't expect him to be alive after the last episode, but I also knew that if Kohaku survived, then anything is possible. Glad they decided to keep him around.

I wish we could've seen even the slightest smile from Sesshomaru in the ending here, but that's just who he is.

So now I've finished all of Inuyasha and Yashahime. What an adventure it's been.

Inuyasha 8.5/10

Yashahime 7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.