Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2022 5:53 AM

Nov 2016
Raws are out now and damn Luffy vs Kaido is looking hype. It's a heated exchange. Honestly unreal to see how Luffy is going up against him almost punch for punch. The fact that his haki is getting stronger in his angry drunk mode is so typical One Piece/shounen, lol. It's nice that his changing mood is brought up again. My favorite ia cry-baby Kaido.

Also, now with the full summary, spoilers were pretty misleading in retrospect. The official translation may give further clarification or changes things yet again. Gorosei want to take the chance to erase Kaido and Big Mom. They were already talking about a great cleansing before and that the 3 great powers can't be maintained forever.

Shichibukai have already been abolished, soo...

The certain fruit seems to be related to Zunisha. The story of Adam and Eve and how they were punished for eating the forbidden fruit immediately comes to mind. Zunisha also means "Gift of God". A bit of a boring theory, but let's see. Hope Oda is a bit more creative. Perhaps we will finally learn more about the origin of devil fruits. I would be surprised to get answers any time soon.
FMmatronJan 13, 2022 9:11 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2022 6:03 AM

Dec 2013
Drunk Kaidou is hype but end of the chapter is even more hype.
Jan 13, 2022 5:57 PM
May 2019
Damn this chapter is Legend ♥ 10/10
The fight between Kaido and Luffy is getting more and more serious and epic , the end is near !
The discussion between the goresai is a Big mystery !
Is zunisha a devil fruit or what ?
Jan 13, 2022 7:07 PM

Aug 2021
This chapter have great fighting plus a unbelievable setup. 10/10 chapter!!
I think the fruit that are talking about is either law's fruit or tama's fruit, or it verywell might be luffy's fruit and there is also a possibility that zunisha was a gaint/human 100 of years ago who eat the zoan fruit. Whatever the case is this chapter is amazing & next will be even more amazing but sadly break next week :(
Jan 13, 2022 10:50 PM
Jan 2021
the navy encountering zou was the best, but can somebody explain me what do they mean when they say that the fruit was kept a secret? what is the fruit??
Jan 13, 2022 10:55 PM

Apr 2014
Dude. Oda is really kicking it into high gear with this fight. He deserves a break man. What a legend. X3
Jan 13, 2022 11:00 PM

Dec 2011
What an interesting and funny battle. Damn that ending, the government is ready to make their move and Zunesha is coming to Wano?
Jan 13, 2022 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
Chapter was 10/10 from start to finish!!
Luffy vs Kaido was amazing and kaido is going through different phases of emotions is Hilarious. I'm already invested in the fight.
And the last too pages were Epic, mainly last page. Zunesha is near wano and no one knows why he's there, from this I can speculate that he's here because of momo or tama.

I have a but of a theory as well, here I goo.
Could the devil fruit that was awakened be the Kibi Kibi no mi fruit? So we know that Zunesha was sentenced to walk the earth for ever for some unspecified crime. Why would one of the biggest living animal in the one piece world follow that order? especially for such a long period of time and no supervision. Maybe an older user of the fruit awakened their fruit which allowed them to control animals even beyond death? So when Tama’s been pushing her fruit to the limit she’s been able to awaken her fruit and by ordering everyone to fight Kaidos forces Zunesha old command was broken.
And also keep in mind that Zunesha Height is 20 Km, and 20 chapter ago from this chapter, that is chapter 1017 titled Order. So, it may very well come true. But still I know oda will prove me wrong.
What else to say, chapter is amazing and the sad thing about this chapter is that... Break next week:(

From chapter 1031 to 1037, 7 great/good chapter back to back, oda is unstoppable right now:)

Well, Yuderon Predicted this!!
removed-userJan 14, 2022 12:43 AM
Jan 13, 2022 11:11 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Kaido and Luffy's showdown was amazing. Also, all of that got me confused at the end.
Jan 13, 2022 11:22 PM

Oct 2020
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WTF WERE THOSE LAST FEW PAGES?!?!!!?!?

मोई 🗿
Jan 13, 2022 11:31 PM

Aug 2021
lmfao kaido crying there XD
awesome fight chapter!! each panel is breathtaking!
Gorosei talking about it makes me wonder what would that fruit be o.o
And Zunesha in wano!? damn this is blowing my mind rn
Jan 13, 2022 11:31 PM

Nov 2018
OOOOF another break? That hurts pretty bad after a chapter like this! WOW!
Jan 13, 2022 11:50 PM
Aug 2016
Does oda get off on adding more questions to our heads instead of answers?? I'm starting to think so at this point 😭😭😭😭😭
Jan 13, 2022 11:54 PM
Jul 2021
the fight was good and all but the last few panels caught me off guard nice chapter overall
Jan 14, 2022 12:04 AM

Oct 2017
Interesting development at the end there, what could it be?
Jan 14, 2022 12:05 AM

Apr 2013
At first I thought the elders were talking about Luffy’s devil fruit awakening since it was transported by marine ships and most likely one of the strongest devil fruit in OP, but the way the panels are set up they’re 100% talking about Zunesha. Most likely a zoan user from the past?

Anyway, the fight between Luffy and Kaido was fun. I didn’t mind the comedy sprinkled in-between, but it’s so hard to tell how much damage either are taking. Not sure how Oda is planning to end their 1v1 without something coming out of left field (which is most likely what will happen).
Jan 14, 2022 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Served it, gatling meteor shower.
Jan 14, 2022 12:30 AM

Mar 2015
one of best chapter in long while!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 14, 2022 12:53 AM
Jul 2020
Luffy getting beat, bit confused at the end, oda needs to stop putting out these 10/10 chapters cuz uts getting boring
Jan 14, 2022 1:00 AM
Jul 2020
VolKur said:

Well, Yuderon Predicted this!!

He predicted which part?
Kuma said:
one of best chapter in long while!

I'll say 1031 and 1033 were also really good after the disaster of 1030 oda has been delivering nice chapters.
FMmatron said:

The certain fruit seems to be related to Zunisha. The story of Adam and Eve and how they were punished for eating the forbidden fruit immediately comes to mind. Zunisha also means "Gift of God". A bit of a boring theory, but let's see. Hope Oda is a bit more creative. Perhaps we will finally learn more about the origin of devil fruits. I would be surprised to get answers any time soon.

I interpreted this scene a bit differently I think gorosei scene is completley different and they are only talking among themselves about a DF.
While CP agents are talking about Zunishia independlty.
The DF predictibility in order according to me is:
Luffy
Yamato
Kaido
Law
Otama
but yeah they may be talking about Zunieshia in end but it seems unlikely .Your thoughts @FMmatron @Volkur
Ayu_01Jan 14, 2022 1:32 AM
Jan 14, 2022 1:09 AM
Jul 2020
The coloured scenes really elevate the choreography and enjoyability of fight .Credits to TCB scans and https://twitter.com/Greiish for providing it weekly for some panels.

Jan 14, 2022 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
@Ayu_01 he predicted that Zunesha will come to wano!!

I'm bit confused about that last two pages, I think oda genuinely does that, so we readers get but confused. I can't predict anything, next chapter could be about anything!!
Jan 14, 2022 2:27 AM

Dec 2020
Kairo acting like a normal employee done with his job. Drinking and showing away all of his emotions. I can't. It's way too good. 🤣🤣

Jan 14, 2022 2:38 AM

Apr 2017
enjoying the fight but luffy still being in base form still kinda annoys me so i hope he changes soon
Jan 14, 2022 2:39 AM
Jun 2016
Of course another mistery and no answer next chapters XD XD. Classic ODA.
That's why I love one piece.
Jan 14, 2022 3:32 AM
Sep 2019
guys... WHAT IN THE FUCKING WORLD HAPPENED AT THE END? ZUNESHIA HAS A DEVIL FRUIT?
If I had to guess, it would be a human turned elephant as punishment for betraying the world government during the war with the ancient kingdom, hence why it was on friendly terms with the minks and Strawhats, as the bringers of the will of that kingdom.

Bro, that's just too crazy.
Drunk Kaido is a beast tho, he's my 2nd fav Yonko now
Jan 14, 2022 3:47 AM

Jan 2008
Reading this, I can't help but think that Kaido is actually a drunken master type fighter.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 14, 2022 4:18 AM

Jan 2014
Zou heading to Wano, isn't he? damn that gave me chills.
and this goverment, they're talking about Luffy's devil fruit, isn't it? I thought it was Kaido's fruit at the beginning.
Jan 14, 2022 4:31 AM
Jan 2013
I would assume that the devil fruit specific name is Zunesha, but more over "world government giving the name to the devil fruit", I wonder, will that imply that the world government is the one that created the devil fruits in the past when it was formed, before Vega Punk, since it's a legend even for the elders now, since we can assume that they exist since the world government formed, or some time short after. Because Zunesha is thought to be "immortal" and there are undying creatures all over one piece world, it would explain how it is living for so long (devil fruit) and maybe a glimpse on how the devil fruits came to be ^_^ Because the name doesn't have to derive from the devil himself, just a synonym for something unhuman, that is, unnatural, makes sense :)
Jan 14, 2022 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
harshtruth said:
enjoying the fight but luffy still being in base form still kinda annoys me so i hope he changes soon

No, he will not because using gear 4th Bounch Man or Snake Man is disadvantageous for luffy right now, both the gears consume too much haki & stamina. This is the reason why luffy is not using gear 4th. And he's looking for a new gear 4th application or gear 5th or awakening!!
And this is also the reason why he's using gear 2 & gear 3 more in the fight, then usually he does!!
Jan 14, 2022 5:23 AM

Nov 2016
VolKur said:
@Ayu_01 he predicted that Zunesha will come to wano!!

I'm bit confused about that last two pages, I think oda genuinely does that, so we readers get but confused. I can't predict anything, next chapter could be about anything!!

Same. The leaker made it worse. First the spoiler said the Gorosei were talking about two different topics and that they were referring to the shadow as legend. Later he specified it would be two different topics altogether. Now it looks like they're connected, even tho I'm also not sure. Was the government agent reporting directly to the Gorosei or to someone stationed in Mary Geoise? We didn't see a den den mushi on their side. Did they receive the report off panel after talking about Kaido and Big and changed the topic or had the devil fruit something to do with them? It could also be unrelated to either of these. Not the first time we were caught completely off guard.

You weren't weekly readers, but this caused quite the misunderstanding a few years ago.

@Ayu_01 Official scans and patience lel

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2022 5:30 AM

Dec 2008
I wonder. If Luffy got drunk, too, maybe that would unlock his abilities to new heights. 🤔
Jan 14, 2022 5:56 AM
Jun 2019
Veríamos algo como Luffy x Enel ou seria um completo desastre? Nunca saberemos...
Jan 14, 2022 5:59 AM
Jun 2019
Iniciamos o ano com um ótimo capítulo, esse com certeza será um grande ano para o mangá de One Piece (assim como todos os outros).
Jan 14, 2022 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
My goodness, the last pages tho. 😍

And as usual a drunk Kaido makes everything a thousand times more entertaining. 😆
Jan 14, 2022 6:29 AM

Jul 2016
Really good action this chapter. But wow, those last two pages were incredible. Always great when there’s more to theorise on in one piece. Zunisha coming to wano is surprising and interesting, and I honestly never expected it. 10/10
Penguins are funny
Jan 14, 2022 9:19 AM

May 2016
@Fmmatron I was jaw dropped the whole chapter.
I almost feel bad for the animators who gonna
have to do these BEAUTIFUL panels.

10/10
Jan 14, 2022 9:21 AM
May 2017
So my predictions for Zuneshas role is probably just to get everyone off the island, I think the big bombs on onigashima is gonna destroy most of wano and some people will become refuges on Zou. And Luffys fight is obviously gonna end up on the live floor, oda has been leading everyone there for a reason and it’s probably to see the straw hats fight Kaido until luffy can fight back again.
Jan 14, 2022 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
Damn this fight between Luffy and Kaido is fire, but surprisingly, the last couple pages that were completely devoid of action were the highlight of the chapter. So much mystery that was set up in just a couple pages, what exactly were the Five Elders talking about regarding the uniquely named Devil Fruit and why is Zunisha approaching Wano? Man, it's gonna be a painful wait for the next chapter, and hopefully we'll actually get some answers in the next chapter lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 14, 2022 1:45 PM
Jan 2018
I love how Luffy vs Kaido is still being portrayed as a desperate fight against a monster. I'm very interested in what happens next in this fight.

I guessed it was Zou coming after the world government and I was correct! I really don't want the world government to get another win because they are killing it right now. Hopefully the Straw Hat alliance can hand the a much deserved L.
Jan 14, 2022 4:35 PM

Jun 2017
Didn't expect that drunk fight.....too bad Luffy is not a drinker. I bet Roger would have accepted. lol
Jan 14, 2022 5:04 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
It was a nice change of pace having Luffy fight a drunk Kaidou.

However, it was definitely out-classed by the reveal of those Navy sailors* discovering Zunesha. Even if it is a Phantom Island, it's still quite pathetic how people in charge of patrolling the Sea have only just managed to find a giant elephant walking on water.
LezetJan 15, 2022 6:16 AM
Jan 14, 2022 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
xkara said:

However, it was definitely out-classed by the reveal of the Navy discovering Zunesha. Even if it is a Phantom Island, it's still quite pathetic how the people in charge of the Sea have only just managed to find a giant elephant walking on water.

5 elders already know about Zunesha existence, and they are talking about the awaking of a devil fruit not the elephant.
But that devil fruit maybe related to Zunesha.
And if you forget, then let me remind you that Zunesha always walks on same path... he never changes its direction but right now Zunesha is in wano, it means someone have ordered him to come to wano. Most likely that person is Tama(tama gave order to all the smile users to fight kaido and his army, and overused her devil fruit in process of giving all of them kibi dango, so somehow her order might have directly connected to Zunesha and awakened her devil fruit) or momo(momo had a headache in chapter 1013 or 1014, so that may related to it).
Jan 14, 2022 7:35 PM

Mar 2016
Seems like we're back to how it was all those years ago back when Drunk Kaido fought against the overly-impulsive Luffy, only this time, Luffy himself is equally matched to Kaido. Their clashes were fun to watch and awesome to see, however, it only gets even better with the last few pages.

The Gorosei is obviously keen on eliminating Kiado and Big Mom along with Robin, but well they didn't expect this did they? Zunisha himself is approaching the world government's ships awaiting outside of Wano, but what's interesting here is the fact that they were discussing a devil fruit when it comes to Zunisha, hinting that perhaps Zunisha ate one such fruit or perhaps, the existence of a gigantic island-sized elephant is literally the cause of the legendary fruit itself!

However the story might unfold, I can't wait to see the Strawhats' Jelly Rojer flag flying proudly atop of Zunisha, letting the world see who's the one that rules!
Jan 14, 2022 11:55 PM

Jan 2020
Wow... what a way to start off 2022 lmao.

That last panel was absolutely hype and I do hope we learn more of it next chapter or at least not ages in the future. 5/5

Jan 15, 2022 6:11 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
VolKur said:
xkara said:

However, it was definitely out-classed by the reveal of the Navy discovering Zunesha. Even if it is a Phantom Island, it's still quite pathetic how the people in charge of the Sea have only just managed to find a giant elephant walking on water.

5 elders already know about Zunesha existence, and they are talking about the awaking of a devil fruit not the elephant.
And if you forget, then let me remind you that Zunesha always walks on same path... he never changes its direction but right now Zunesha is in wano, it means someone have ordered him to come to wano. Most likely that person is Tama(tama gave order to all the smile users to fight kaido and his army, and overused her devil fruit in process of giving all of them kibi dango, so somehow her order might have directly connected to Zunesha and awakened her devil fruit) or momo(momo had a headache in chapter 1013 or 1014, so that may related to it).

My bad, I meant to say the sailors - not the actual World Government.

Thanks for your input though, you have some strong theories going on :)
Jan 15, 2022 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
xkara said:
VolKur said:

My bad, I meant to say the sailors - not the actual World Government.

Thanks for your input though, you have some strong theories going on :)

And about sailors, I dont know if marines or WG teach there soldiers about Zunesha or not, but very few peoples in the world know about the existence of Zunesha. If I have to guess, then only ppl with Power(political) or knowledge knows the existence of Zunesha. Explained in Zou arc!!
Jan 15, 2022 10:38 AM
Mar 2018
ShadowkillZ_ said:
Seems like we're back to how it was all those years ago back when Drunk Kaido fought against the overly-impulsive Luffy, only this time, Luffy himself is equally matched to Kaido. Their clashes were fun to watch and awesome to see, however, it only gets even better with the last few pages.

The Gorosei is obviously keen on eliminating Kiado and Big Mom along with Robin, but well they didn't expect this did they? Zunisha himself is approaching the world government's ships awaiting outside of Wano, but what's interesting here is the fact that they were discussing a devil fruit when it comes to Zunisha, hinting that perhaps Zunisha ate one such fruit or perhaps, the existence of a gigantic island-sized elephant is literally the cause of the legendary fruit itself!

However the story might unfold, I can't wait to see the Strawhats' Jelly Rojer flag flying proudly atop of Zunisha, letting the world see who's the one that rules!

Such a great chapter! If Zunisha ate a devil fruit though, how would it be able to walk through the sea? Either way I hope we get a big reveal story-wise on whatever it is that the WG was referring to. There has been so much talk on devil fruits, and awakenings, and mentions of the gum-gum fruit that we have also been teased, so I hope there is some sort of revelation about that soon too
Jan 16, 2022 8:58 AM

Dec 2016
Ayu_01 said:

The DF predictibility in order according to me is:
Luffy
Yamato
Kaido
Law
Otama
but yeah they may be talking about Zunieshia in end but it seems unlikely .Your thoughts @FMmatron @Volkur

But the issue is that after eating DF's you are learning its name, so it's hard to change name of something that you can learn by just eating it. So only DF that wasn't eaten or user was hidden for centuries could be affected by changing name.

@garpgorp147
DF users can "survive" in water if they aren't submerged too deep. Of course Water can make them weaker if they are too deep.
eg. Sanjuan Wolf resting in the ocean near the island's bay.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 16, 2022 9:21 AM

Jan 2019
OMFG I'M HYPED
I wonder if the elder 5 were talking about Zunesh or Luffy ? Or maybe even someone else like Law ? Anyway I need to read follow-up asap
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Today, 4:20 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.