Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Lycoris Recoil' Announced for 2022

New
Dec 31, 2021 8:07 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Aniplex opened an official website for a new original television anime titled Lycoris Recoil on Friday and revealed the main cast, staff, teaser visual, and an announcement video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2022.

Chika Anzai (Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo.) and Shion Wakayama (Takt Op. Destiny) are playing as Chisato Nishikigi and Takina Inoue, respectively.

Staff
Director: Shingo Adachi (Sword Art Online character design, chief animation director)
Script: Asaura (Ben-To manga)
Character Design: Imigimuru (Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! manga)
Studio: A-1 Pictures

Announcement

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: https://lycoris-recoil.com/
Official Twitter: @lycoris_recoil

Source: PR Times

Lycoris Recoil on MAL
DatRandomDudeJan 18, 2022 11:24 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 31, 2021 8:25 AM
Apr 2020
please be yuri :sob:
Dec 31, 2021 8:32 AM
Jan 2021
Excited for the anime because Anzai san is in a prominent role. She currently has one of the best voice in the industry IMO.
Dec 31, 2021 8:38 AM

Nov 2018
that announcement video doesn't tell us shit dude

nor does the website

what the hell is it supposed to be? mecha? isekai? romance? at least give us SOMETHING

Dec 31, 2021 8:38 AM

Jul 2021
Hoping A-1 is carrying more productions because we got Kaguya and this so far!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 31, 2021 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
CGDCT original anime by A-1? Count me in.
Dec 31, 2021 9:12 AM

Nov 2008
This is at least yuri bait, hopefully it's the real deal because yuri would benefit from anime originals.

Dec 31, 2021 9:12 AM

Apr 2012
Will the script be written by Ben-To author? The dude who is known for one of the funniest shonens parodies?

zaidmfw said:
please be yuri :sob:

If I were a lesbian, I would quickly die of shame because of the constantly horny lesbo fanboys.

Damnits said:
that announcement video doesn't tell us shit dude

nor does the website

what the hell is it supposed to be? mecha? isekai? romance? at least give us SOMETHING

You have literally described the very essence of short teasers. But I will bet that it will be something about the skill to increase growth.

Dragevard said:
My body is ready for another Yuri-bait

At the moment, it looks like a mix between a Ghibli movie and a collaboration of defunct Kirara's titles.
Dec 31, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
This is at least yuri bait, hopefully it's the real deal because yuri would benefit from anime originals.

I love how even far from the dumbest people on this site conclude that something will be yuri bait just because of the two female leads to the show. Remembering Ben-To, a possible yuri subplot is somehow possible, but everything we have at the moment is not at all like his typical yuri content and one of the girls calls the other aibo, that is, "fellow".

Anyway, I am interested in the career of the Shion-san (before that, she used to voice edgy or energetic female leads), it will be interesting to someone she will voice this time.

MegamiRem said:
CGDCT original anime by A-1? Count me in.

It has a good chance of being all-female or even yuri, but I doubt it will be CGDCT. The last time such original anime was created in the early 10's.
RobertBobertDec 31, 2021 9:34 AM
Dec 31, 2021 9:34 AM

Nov 2020
i hate that people think it's yuri just because there are 2 girls in the visual, they did the same shit with wonder egg.
Dec 31, 2021 9:43 AM

Apr 2012
NinoHaruhara said:
i hate that people think it's yuri just because there are 2 girls in the visual, they did the same shit with wonder egg.

Well, if you look at the last of these three or four times, then once people were right (Vlad), twice everything remained completely pure (Aquatope and C&T) and once the yuri speculations were completely drowned (Wonder Egg).
Dec 31, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2020
RobertBobert said:
NinoHaruhara said:

Well, if you look at the last of these three or four times, then once people were right (Vlad), twice everything remained completely pure (Aquatope and C&T) and once the yuri speculations were completely drowned (Wonder Egg).
i forgot that VL was yuri,didn't even get that impression either when i watched. this anime doesn't look like it'll be yuri, it'll just be a comedy SOL
Dec 31, 2021 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
i got a feeling this will be an action show with some drama and slice of life like maybe another Vivid Red Operation? i enjoyed that one

gonna wait for more PV with actual TV footage
Dec 31, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2012
NinoHaruhara said:
RobertBobert said:

i forgot that VL was yuri,didn't even get that impression either when i watched. this anime doesn't look like it'll be yuri, it'll just be a comedy SOL

Well, to be honest, I didn't watch the show itself, but judging by the reviews it was a pretty typical school romcom with unambiguous jokes about romantic interest between girls.
Dec 31, 2021 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
deg said:
i got a feeling this will be an action show with some drama and slice of life like maybe another Vivid Red Operation? i enjoyed that one

gonna wait for more PV with actual TV footage

Well, if you pay attention, the girls' school uniforms look like some kind of fictional uniform and the city against their background is quite futuristic, so in the worst case it may just be a one-off school fiction.
Dec 31, 2021 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
NinoHaruhara said:

I don't think it's yuri, but I would hope it is solely because yuri fans are starving right now.
Dec 31, 2021 1:22 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I hope this is yuri.
Dec 31, 2021 1:40 PM

Oct 2018
Yuri doesn‘t sell, so it’s more likely that there will be some fanservice-y yuribait scenes and that‘s it. Think about it, even on a show like Fate/Kaleid, where the girls are literally french kissing each other, the relationship is left ambiguous.

Nevertheless this show is worth checking out for Shingo Adachi‘s directional debut. With his involvement you can expect some good animation for sure. I hope it’s more than that and not another dud like Wonder Egg, but with how disappointing original anime tend to be, I am not so optimistic.
Dec 31, 2021 1:41 PM

Nov 2020
Hrybami said:
NinoHaruhara said:

I don't think it's yuri, but I would hope it is solely because yuri fans are starving right now.
lmao go read a light novel or something. there's plenty of yuri anime out there. we need more SOL anime
Dec 31, 2021 2:02 PM

Jan 2020
NinoHaruhara said:
Hrybami said:

lmao go read a light novel or something. there's plenty of yuri anime out there. we need more SOL anime
Bruh there’s always like 20 SOL anime every season, we definitely dont need more… Yuri anime is really rare however.
Dec 31, 2021 2:48 PM

Nov 2020
AunixHOT said:
NinoHaruhara said:
Bruh there’s always like 20 SOL anime every season, we definitely dont need more… Yuri anime is really rare however.
it's not rare you just don't want to look for them. who cares if we get 20 or even 50 SOL anime a season we need more
Dec 31, 2021 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
Judging by what we know so far, this will be visual spectacle.

NinoHaruhara said:

Welcome to the current year, where "those people" normalised the notion that two characters of the same gender having any sort of interaction instantly make them gay and you are homophobic, if you think otherwise. On Twitter you would be literally doxxed for that.

Dec 31, 2021 3:07 PM

Sep 2014
NinoHaruhara said:
AunixHOT said:
it's not rare you just don't want to look for them. who cares if we get 20 or even 50 SOL anime a season we need more

lol you said that you hated how people think something might be yuri, then you ask people to look for yuri anime.
Dec 31, 2021 3:11 PM

Dec 2018
Awwwww they are so cute holding hands, I think they are in love

On the cover, there are some birds. Hopefully a symbol for lovebirds, little lesbian lovebirds that like to kiss,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

The PV looks so romantic. Pink background petals and girlfriends holding hands,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

This is now on my radar. Japan give me some sweet Yuri!

Yuri-CrusaderJan 1, 2022 11:32 AM
Dec 31, 2021 3:46 PM

Sep 2014
NinoHaruhara said:
Hrybami said:

lol you said that you hated how people think something might be yuri, then you ask people to look for yuri anime.
didn't ask anybody anything, reread what i said.

and yes i do hate those people, read the post above this one so you can see what i mean

It's not that I don't know what you mean, but rather that you don't want to see the problem in this situation. You hate people because they want yuri anime and you ask them to look for yuri anime as a solution which was exactly what they are doing. However, the problem is that there is barely any yuri anime to look for so this ain't going to get solved by itself just because you asked them to look for them.
Dec 31, 2021 4:34 PM

Sep 2014
NinoHaruhara said:
Hrybami said:

It's not that I don't know what you mean, but rather that you don't want to see the problem in this situation. You hate people because they want yuri anime and you ask them to look for yuri anime as a solution which was exactly what they are doing. However, the problem is that there is barely any yuri anime to look for so this ain't going to get solved by itself just because you asked them to look for them.
so what's the problem? that's a really limited point of view you have.

i take back what i said earlier, i don't hate anybody and i never said i hate people that want yuri anime, i hate the fact that people automatically assume an anime is yuri because of the visual.

and like i said before, i didn't ask anybody anything.

lol okay then if you say so.

Happy new year
Dec 31, 2021 9:21 PM

Jul 2017
YURI BAITTTTTT

But still though, a niche announcement for the new year.
Dec 31, 2021 9:54 PM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:

NinoHaruhara said:

Welcome to the current year, where "those people" normalised the notion that two characters of the same gender having any sort of interaction instantly make them gay and you are homophobic, if you think otherwise. On Twitter you would be literally doxxed for that.

My favorite is when they say they are starving and yuri anime came out quite rarely, after which they start calling heroines of any all-female show without obvious romance as lesbians. I saw a dude on ANN literally put this together in one comment, lol.

Hrybami said:
NinoHaruhara said:
didn't ask anybody anything, reread what i said.

and yes i do hate those people, read the post above this one so you can see what i mean

It’s quite ironic for me to hear something about hate from people who whine about every all-female show with male characters and often literally hate male love interests on shows that they would like to see as yuri. I don't remember anything like this during the announcement of the yuri show.
Dec 31, 2021 9:57 PM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:

NinoHaruhara said:

Also, you forgot about the constant attacks on straight relationships and ships due to the persistent salinity. For example, constant complaints that Ochako interacts with Deku less than his male friends (as if romance is measured in screen time) or that a relationship with a male character allegedly ruins her development as a strong female.
Dec 31, 2021 9:57 PM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Piromysl said:

My favorite is when they say they are starving and yuri anime came out quite rarely, after which they start calling heroines of any all-female show without obvious romance as lesbians. I saw a dude on ANN literally put this together in one comment, lol.

Hrybami said:

It’s quite ironic for me to hear something about hate from people who whine about every all-female show with male characters and often literally hate male love interests on shows that they would like to see as yuri. I don't remember anything like this during the announcement of the yuri show.

Not sure what you're talking about exactly. The guy literally started his post with "I hate" and he is obviously not hating on male characters.
Dec 31, 2021 10:00 PM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:

Not sure what you're talking about exactly. The guy literally started his post with "I hate" and he is obviously not hating on male characters.

What I'm talking about is that at least a third of this annoyance is due to the intrusiveness and toxicity of a portion of the yuri community. I can still remember a couple of months ago some yuri fanboys literally complained about the adaptation of shoujo straight romance.
Dec 31, 2021 10:08 PM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Hrybami said:

What I'm talking about is that at least a third of this annoyance is due to the intrusiveness and toxicity of a portion of the yuri community. I can still remember a couple of months ago some yuri fanboys literally complained about the adaptation of shoujo straight romance.

A third?
A portion?
Couple of months ago?

This seems way too anecdotal to take seriously. Why did you quote me for that?
Dec 31, 2021 10:10 PM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:

A third?
A portion?
Couple of months ago?

Because I always like to see how people react to information that is inconvenient for them. All those "ahahaha, this can't be true" or "you're just ... phobic! 11". I love it.
Dec 31, 2021 10:16 PM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Hrybami said:

A third?
A portion?
Couple of months ago?

Because I always like to see how people react to information that is inconvenient for them. All those "ahahaha, this can't be true" or "you're just ... phobic! 11". I love it.

Hmmm what?

I fail to see how this correlate to anything we've discussed thus far.
Dec 31, 2021 10:21 PM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:

Hmmm what?

I appreciate how you always keep playing the fool, even if it's painfully obvious. Well well, good for you, Happy New Year, lol.
Dec 31, 2021 10:26 PM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Hrybami said:

Hmmm what?

I appreciate how you always keep playing the fool, even if it's painfully obvious. Well well, good for you, Happy New Year, lol.

Well I'm surely a fool to keep asking you to explain yourself even though you never do. But hey if you just want to quote people to shitpost unrelated things then be my guest.
Dec 31, 2021 10:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I wish they told us more about what this is gonna be about but I'll keep an eye on this still
Jan 1, 2022 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Nothing says MAL like the comments of an anime announcement being flooded with arguments about whether it's yuri or not. You're all too damn defensive on both sides of the argument.
Jan 1, 2022 12:26 AM

Apr 2012
Chiribei said:
Nothing says MAL like the comments of an anime announcement being flooded with arguments about whether it's yuri or not. You're all too damn defensive on both sides of the argument.

Say thank you to the people who brought it up so often that "is this yuri? / Is this BL?" has become a local meme among manga translators. Now it has moved into the anime community and nowadays you can't even put two female characters next to each other on a poster without asking about their sexuality.

Hell, I literally just read that a character might be gay because they care about their best friend who is in trouble.
Jan 1, 2022 2:00 AM

Apr 2020
the database team has been really slow nowadays...

Jan 1, 2022 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
Chiribei said:

Say thank you to the people who brought it up so often that "is this yuri? / Is this BL?" has become a local meme among manga translators. Now it has moved into the anime community and nowadays you can't even put two female characters next to each other on a poster without asking about their sexuality.

Hell, I literally just read that a character might be gay because they care about their best friend who is in trouble.

I get that, but you could easily leave them to their own disappointment and just ignore them. You may think they're annoying, but is arguing over it in the comments of an announcement any less annoying?
Jan 1, 2022 2:42 AM

Apr 2012
Chiribei said:
RobertBobert said:

I get that, but you could easily leave them to their own disappointment and just ignore them. You may think they're annoying, but is arguing over it in the comments of an announcement any less annoying?

This annoys me as well. But I'm too tired of the intrusive "oh, these two female characters in one shot, they are lesbians! 11" that I just can't react to it calmly.
Jan 1, 2022 2:43 AM

Apr 2011
Ah. Two cute girls.

I wonder what the story is about? Yuri? SoL?

Or maybe both?
Jan 1, 2022 4:47 AM

Sep 2018
I am excited to see what this is about!
Jan 1, 2022 4:29 PM

May 2008
AunixHOT said:
NinoHaruhara said:

Still way better then all those shitty Isekai harem ecchi. If we really don't need something is then those.
i can watch SOL anytime especially when it CGDCT.

@RobertBobert Not every Yuri fan is like that. Not every Yuri fan is disgusting like this Yuri-Crusader guy.
Jan 1, 2022 4:32 PM

May 2008
"Lycoris Recoil"

LYcoris REcoil

LY RE

RI RI

Lily

Lily = Yuri

Jan 1, 2022 10:40 PM

Apr 2012
Haou-Judai said:
AunixHOT said:

Still way better then all those shitty Isekai harem ecchi. If we really don't need something is then those.

@RobertBobert Not every Yuri fan is like that. Not every Yuri fan is disgusting like this Yuri-Crusader guy.

Trying to attack other genres in response to the claim that there are a lot of all-female in these years, you yourself pander to negative stereotypes about yuri fans.
Jan 2, 2022 5:34 AM

May 2008
RobertBobert said:
Haou-Judai said:

Trying to attack other genres in response to the claim that there are a lot of all-female in these years, you yourself pander to negative stereotypes about yuri fans.

Not really. i like SOL even if it not Yuri at all. But isekai is right now the most overused genres and rarely have any actually good one (Like Honzuki). Most of the Isekai is shitty harem ecchi with generic overpowered MC. All it's the same shit.

I wellcome any type of Mecha, Shoujo ,Mahou shoujo,Drama, seinen, comedy or sport regardless it's yuri or not. if it's yuri than it's just + fun.

But i hate all the poitless fanservice only ecchi harem series.
Haou-JudaiJan 2, 2022 9:57 PM
Jan 2, 2022 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
Haou-Judai said:
RobertBobert said:

Not really. i like SOL even if it not Yuri at all. But isekai is right now the most overused genres and rare have any actually good one (Like Honzuki). Most of the Isekai is shitty harem ecchi with generic overpowered MC. All it's the same shit.

I wellcome any type of Mecha, Shoujo ,Mahou shoujo,Drama, seinen, comedy or sport regardless it's yuri or not. if it's yuri than it's just + fun.

But i hate all the poitless fanservice only ecchi harem series.

Of course, SoL and CGDCT are not overused genres. And there's always a lot of plot in them, yeah. And of course, CGDCT with their characteristic four-five girls of the same archetypes with a shoujo stock MC at the head is not at all the same shit as the "isekai harem series". And it's not about personal tastes, because that's not why you called the "rare normal" isekai the one that most closely resembles SoL.

That's the problem, dude. Only yuri fans have this characteristic hypocritical habit of attacking other popular genres for "overuse" and "lack of plot" without ever realizing that their adored genres and series are the same.
Jan 2, 2022 6:20 AM

Jul 2020
Chika_tetsu said:
the database team has been really slow nowadays...

For real lmao. Saihate no Paladin's season 2 was announced quite a while ago but they just recently added it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.