Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2021 12:56 AM

Nov 2007
Special PV w. First Season OP 1 (Also using Inuyasha OP in Yashahime characters)
http://hanyo-yashahime.com/news/#19406
tsubasaloverDec 25, 2021 4:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 25, 2021 4:20 AM
Oct 2020
over all it was great episode rin is finally free and zero death but now it time for moroha to free her parents however kirinimaru gave her condition of brining him akuru pinwheel. next episode moroha fight kirinimaru and shesumaeu arrives with rin to join the fight
Dec 25, 2021 4:24 AM
Feb 2015
Zero's final is kinda weak yet strong at the same time.
That said, is Inuyasha and Kagome returning to the feudal Japan next episode?
Dec 25, 2021 4:35 AM

Feb 2019
That tease at the end.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Dec 25, 2021 6:58 AM
Oct 2016
I'm glad that things could work out for Towa and Setsuna for the most part. Setsuna finally getting all those memories back the dream butterfly took. We finally got some of the missing pieces as to why Zero became so obsessed with the girls. Her feelings towards the Great Dog Demon and how he died. Wanting to be connected to him again after Zero had the burden of not stopping his death. Its a good way to connect things back to that old story from the original Inuyasha series. Towa really did want to kill Zero, letting all that rage flow just like her grandpa could do. The fight was really cool seeing Towa go all berserk with the demon markings trying to eviscerate Zero. Setsuna having to step in leading to their embrace after she calms Setsuna down. A great moment between the sisters even if Zero was killed anyways. She knew her time was done after letting go of her regrets. Things ended pretty well with Rin saved and the sisters united. Moroha just when she finally can see her parents again has them taken away as ransom. Shes put in a tough spot now.
Dec 25, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, Towa in her demonic berserk state and Zero continuing to provoke her senses, Riku's gonna have a hard time to stop her because of the link between her and Rin through the silver-scale curse.

Jaken feels the same as his stupidity for trying to enter the Tree of Ages, and Moroha now also knows the exact same story, but given the lead to both Inuyasha and Kagome as well. Reunion coming soon?

The Dream Butterfly at the very least is able to reunite both sisters together and save the entire fiasco from getting chaotic, from the release of her memories of her past to severing her fate with Rin without any more issues. The true fact of Kirinmaru is revealed, and Riku put an end to her misery. A fitting end to Zero if you ask me for the 1st half of the Second Act.

A resounding decency for the 1st half of Season 2, and let's see where the 2nd half will lead us restarting in January.
Dec 25, 2021 9:53 AM

Mar 2014
Zero died and Rin safe, next up maybe Inuyasha will finally return to the feudal era
Dec 25, 2021 10:06 AM
Jun 2020
By far one of my favourite episodes of the series. The pacing has improved a lot since Season 1. I'm happy Rin was finally released from the curse and reunited with Sesshomaru. His subtle smile was everything. It was also nice to see Zero finally be able to come to terms with her grief. I can't help getting excited at the prospect of Moroha reuniting with her parents.

That said, is it just me or does anyone else wonder why Sesshomaru didn't just seal Moroha away with her parents or at the very least let her know they were alive. I understand the other factors at play but it's just so disheartening that Moroha was separated from her parents with no explanation and that none of the original gang (like Miroku or Sango) helped raise her. I'm hoping the writers explain this in the continuation of season 2.
Dec 25, 2021 10:23 AM

Dec 2013
That was a really nice final episode for Zero, she had to let go Toga and move on, at least Rin is safe now and lol at Sesshomaru's nod, gotta give it to him he is consistent to his character but at least we got Jaken to fill his lack of emotions, he makes a kinda cute uncle to Setuna and Towa.

I agree with Moroha not freeing them right away and feeling all awkward and tense, I can't imagine how they will make up for the time lost and sure they would hug her and all of that but Moroha never met them (this one always hurts me how she got collateral damaged because of Kirinmaru) so I kinda hope they use the time travel shenanigans to let Moroha have a second chance of growing up alongside Inuyasha and Kagome.
Dec 25, 2021 11:04 AM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
I really loved this episode! I’m so glad that Towa finally got to see what truly happened back at that burning forest. And Setsuna also got to see what she needed to see as well, and ask some other people have said, finally got her memories back that the dream butterfly took. And it was extremely heartfelt and wonderful when Setsuna finally called Towa, “sister”. Sure Towa can definitely be very annoying, and I really did like it when Setsuna literally slapped some sense into her, but I absolutely loved that whole scene! I mean completely, without a doubt.

It was definitely a bit sad to see Zero go, just after she herself saw all those memories and had that personal transformation. But hey, because of that, Towa and Setsuna know why Kirinimaru despises half demons, and know how to better tackle him going forward. And finally, Rin is free not just of the curse, but from the tree itself as we see in the closing credits. So finally, Rin and the twins will actually have a physical, in person meeting for the first time since who knows how long?

And to end it all off, Mohora has to go on a quest, just at the point where it looked like that she was going to free her parents from that black pearl of hers. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but it’s like, how low can Kirinimaru go? Well it was certainly a lot better than what Zero did to Towa, by like a mile I might add!

Well this was certainly a great way to end 2021, for this series I might add. I was looking forward to 2022 already, now I’m even more excited about 2022! Can’t wait to see all the old faces and reunions that are obviously going to take place!
Cosplay_JoeDec 25, 2021 7:47 PM
Dec 25, 2021 11:24 AM

Jun 2017
Eh the vision about Kirinmaru dying by a half-demon is extremely likely to be Inuyasha. lol
Dec 25, 2021 6:04 PM
Nov 2019
One of the show's best episodes. Towa and Setsuna's story seems to finally be resolved. Setsuna has her memories back, Towa's guilt is mostly resolved, Rin has been cured, and Zero dies after being "saved." What's left is Moroha's story about her meeting her parents, and Kirinmaru's ultimatum to her.
Dec 25, 2021 6:06 PM
Nov 2019
One of the show's best episodes. Towa and Setsuna's story seems to finally be resolved. Setsuna has her memories back, Towa's guilt is mostly resolved, Rin has been cured, and Zero dies after being "saved." What's left is Moroha's story about her meeting her parents, and Kirinmaru's ultimatum to her.
Dec 25, 2021 7:08 PM
Nov 2019
Dec 25, 2021 9:20 PM

Mar 2019
Yeah that made me cry.

Was actually expecting Zero to survive but I guess this fit the character better and Riku being the one doing it fits just as good. Still, her last words and the ending playing hit me so hard I cried.

First half of the episode was basically what I expected that would happen and, well, anime rule: If someone is doing something stupid, slap their face.

Was actually expecting Zero to be in love with Taishou and that would be somehow the reason she hates half youkais, but she mad at the fact she wasn't able to protect him when she knew he would die protecting Izayoi makes sense. What makes me curious is how a man as strong as him died. In the end, Zero's hate for half youkais come from Rion's death, which was pretty sad by the way.

So Rin was saved and fell in Sesshoumaru's arms. I was split between wanting to see a kiss and not. Actually expecting something like that to happen at the very end, the same way Kagome and Inuyasha only kissed at the end of the classic (not counting the movies). That would a better way to end the story.

Now Moroha has to save her parents, though, I don't think that will take too long. Kirinmaru is literally the last problem left and Sesshoumaru already seems to be ready to deal with it. Problem is, Bakusaiga is not overpowered enough to do that (maybe is?) so I guess we will need Inuyasha's help in the end (pure speculation).

Breaking the pearl will kill Inuyasha? Because otherwise if Kirinmaru's plan is to invade and kill him, he is plain stupid.

Was hyped for this episode and I'm already hyped for the next one. This show is getting better and I don't even bother the score anymore. I'm enjoying and that's what matters.
Dec 26, 2021 10:43 AM
Jun 2021
Doki doki my heart. I'm so glad with Sesshomaru's family. Such a beautiful episode.
Dec 26, 2021 7:32 PM

Oct 2016
So I guess the third movie is definitely canon now, if there's at least one thing this series did right, this is it.
Dec 26, 2021 10:15 PM
Mar 2015
Now that the griils solved Rin and Zero's problem we get back to Kiramaru and the half demon that will kill him
Dec 30, 2021 4:54 AM
Mar 2021
I am sorry, but I think this anime was boring and trite. The story of Inuyasha was a masterpiece (interesting, lovable positive characters, hateable negative characters, the story made me curious) ... but Yashahime :( was a big diasppointment. Yashahime is not worthy to Inuyasha at all. Hodgepodge.
Jan 5, 2022 9:20 AM

Jan 2008
This was kind of bad. Zero's plan makes zero sense (get it?). She wants Towa to kill her, but then she powers up? And then she get batter, so she kills herself? Why?

I swear, Moroha and Sesshomaru are carrying this series hard.
Jan 8, 2022 12:54 PM

Jul 2008
Well Zero recovers and commits suicide right after...these kind of endings are lame.
Jan 14, 2022 12:39 AM
Feb 2021
Good time with my hanyo friends.
Jan 15, 2022 8:31 AM

Mar 2012
Setsuna solving everyone's lingering regrets by cutting the thread is really stupid. Towa forgiving and thanking Zero all of a sudden is also stupid. Also Sesshomaru really needs to learn how to communicate with people, like he could have just told Inuyasha and Kagome about the connection between Zero and Rin instead of just sealing them in the black pearl.
Feb 23, 2022 11:58 PM

Jan 2009
Alright end for Zero, I'm glad Rin's resolved and safe...... boy though did I ever facepalm at the yoink at the end.
Mar 27, 2022 5:02 AM

Oct 2017
I'm glad Rin's finally safe.
Apr 10, 2022 3:25 AM

May 2020
This was a pretty good episode. Setsuna and Towa finally remembering all the important things about their past and working together to put Zero's regrets to the grave.

I'll admit, sealing Inuyasha and Kagome within the Black Pearl may have been a bit extreme, but its pretty clear that Kirinmaru would've come after Inuyasha sooner rather than later, even if the whole "Zero taking Rin hostage" situation hadn't happened. It's not ideal but it is the most Sesshoumaru way of keeping his little brother safe. There must be a deeper reason as to why Sesshoumaru doesn't want Kirinmaru to die yet and we still have a lot more to find out.

Also, damn you Kirinmaru.
May 24, 2022 10:06 AM

Nov 2010
I wonder why Zero was so attached to Toga. Does she have feelings for him for wanting to protect him so much? I'll just read about it later I guess.

Jul 2, 2022 9:50 PM

Mar 2014
After so long, finally, FINALLY we've reached the denouement for the first season. Zero's dead, and we learned why she was so obsessed with the twins: not only because of her brother's fate being tied to half-demons, but also because she loved their grandfather the Great Dog Demon and hated/couldn't forgive herself for trusting his strength and not going to help him.

And through her twisted torture of Towa, it brought her and Setsuna's deepest feelings to the surface so they could truly reunite after all those years. So satisfying since we've been really blueballed on that reunion since Setsuna couldn't even remember Towa and it kept her standoffish for 3 whole cours. Turns out, she felt just as guilty about not being fast enough and it was only because of Feudal Era magical nonsense that those memories were stolen from her because she "couldn't handle them"...

Sasuga Moroha. She finally finds the way to reach her parents, and dawdles just long enough for Kirinmaru to show up out of nowhere to steal it and blackmail her into getting him the tool he needs to destroy the universe... lol
Sep 14, 2022 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
What a packed episode. On one hand, lots of closure, but on the other, no more Maaya.
Nov 19, 2022 8:42 PM

Mar 2009
Thankfully, this season has been much better than the 1st. But I guess that's not a high bar.
Feb 26, 2023 2:28 AM

Jan 2018
This was the best episode of Yashahime so far. It even got me emotional.

Setsuna finally got her memories back and remembered Towa. Now the sisters are truly reunited.

Rin is finally lifted from her curse. Now there can be a proper reunion of Sesshomaru's family.

Zero redeemed herself and said goodbye. Good for her. But why's her name Zero anyway? I guess we'll never know. I didn't realize she was voiced by Maaya Sakamoto until now. No wonder I thought Zero was so sexy.

Moroha finally got the black pearl to say hello to her parents. But then Kirinmaru took it. But I guess we'll still get Inuyasha and Kagome in the next episode judging by the preview. What a tease.
Apr 8, 2023 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
Zero makes no sense. So she wants Towa to kill her, but then she defends herself with everything she has. And then she taunts Towa again, to make her more furious. How about you just don't defend yourself if you wanna die, you idiot?

And after Zero gets saved, she immediately dies anway, which makes those last two episodes completely pointless. And why did Sesshomaru suddenly give the black pearl to Moroha? Easy, because plot demands that she loses it immediately afterwards to Kirinmaru... horrible writing.
Mar 26, 9:29 PM
Jan 2012
Amazing Animation. Good past of Setsuna, Setsuna is epic.
Mar 27, 2:14 AM

Jun 2020
What? Zero is such a nonsense character. No way it was that easy to convince her that she's been blinded by her sorrows after everything she's done.

But at least Rin has been saved and is reunited with Sesshomaru. Hopefully the series continues moving along at this pace.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2022

32 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2022

19 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 10, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 5, 2022

24 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2022

20 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi - Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 12, 2022

21 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 6, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.