Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Kukuru's working so hard to make everything right. She definitely deserves some praise just for her work ethnic alone.

Nice episode but I hope Kukuru isn't stressing herself out. With just two episodes left, she's ready to set to prove her worth in her role from the beginning to now.
Dec 2, 2021 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
Kukuru got a big chance to transfer to her dream job, the keeper. However, with my 2 cents, she will decide not to transfer in the end. I don't know what makes me think like this, but I think she will stay in the marketing department and try to promote the aquarium and the sea animals. She loves to take care of sea animal, but in other ways she also want more people to love those sea animals as well, and a marketing department is a good place for her to do it.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 2, 2021 9:04 AM

Apr 2012
I expected, or rather hoped, that they would simply give her the purchased Gama-Gama as a new branch. But this fanon did not come true.
Dec 2, 2021 9:23 AM

Apr 2010
Well she got off pretty easy for not coming to work without notice.
And she managed to get the wedding thing going which was nice, but one problem is solved and another appears.
Guess now it's trouble with kai.
Dec 2, 2021 9:28 AM

Feb 2020
It's great to see Kukuru working so hard for her future.
Dec 2, 2021 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
See ? What "toxic working environment" ya dumboos were even talking about, Kukuru literally left the job, went on a vacation, did not inform anyone, not friends, nor her boss ... but she cute so she just get a pat on the back when shes back ... and it's all good, never happend. Dude, the girl doesn't know how good she has it. A life opportunity handled on a silver plate, but no, im gonna be angry and grumpy cuz i want to clean poop after penguins instead of office work.

Few last episodes made me really angry about Kukuru, now she's finally past that but look at the episode count ... we on a 22 out of 24 episodes, why did it took so long. Also Kai, hmmm ... in the last two episodes, more and more im convinced there will be a time skip.
Dec 2, 2021 9:50 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
See ? What "toxic working environment" ya dumboos were even talking about, Kukuru literally left the job, went on a vacation, did not inform anyone, not friends, nor her boss ... but she cute so she just get a pat on the back when shes back ... and it's all good, never happend. Dude, the girl doesn't know how good she has it. A life opportunity handled on a silver plate, but no, im gonna be angry and grumpy cuz i want to clean poop after penguins instead of office work.

Few last episodes made me really angry about Kukuru, now she's finally past that but look at the episode count ... we on a 22 out of 24 episodes, why did it took so long. Also Kai, hmmm ... in the last two episodes, more and more im convinced there will be a time skip.

If there really be some kind of romantic resolution in this show, then I hope it won't be something of a disappointing "Kai, I've also loved you all this time" or we won't be told suddenly after the time skip that they are married.
Dec 2, 2021 9:58 AM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:
If there really be some kind of romantic resolution in this show, then I hope it won't be something of a disappointing "Kai, I've also loved you all this time" or we won't be told suddenly after the time skip that they are married.

I think they gonna do it, and it will be dumb. They spent too much time on Kukuru drama part, and there was no time left for anything else. First part of the series was very cheerful, second part dramatically shifted the setting which i personally really liked ... but then they went nowhere with it and now we here.
Dec 2, 2021 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
RobertBobert said:

I think they gonna do it, and it will be dumb. They spent too much time on Kukuru drama part, and there was no time left for anything else. First part of the series was very cheerful, second part dramatically shifted the setting which i personally really liked ... but then they went nowhere with it and now we here.

Well, we already predicted a similar option in one of the non-episode topics, but I did not think that the whole romantic line would be based on shadow boxing and fish gift in childhood.

Also, isn't it just me who thinks that since the end of the first cour they even forgot the arc about her friendship with Fuuka? It feels like Kukuru's age identity issues have just consumed all the other themes on this show.
Dec 2, 2021 10:07 AM

Dec 2020
Kukuru has make a nice project with the marriage thats nice to see.

I like that they show how much she work and fuka is always there for her.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Dec 2, 2021 10:07 AM
Jun 2020
Swagernator said:

I get your point, and yeah didn't expect Suwa to be that lax, but do you really have to shit on other people's profession just to get your point across?

I would love to see you "ClEaN poOp aFteR pEngUIns" instead of doing whatever you're doing now (whatever it is, as long as you're giving value to others, I respect it!). I certainly can't handle cleaning penguin poops and that's why I have mad respect for those who can.

Two episodes to go, can't wait to see how it ends, and which path Kukuru eventually takes. Also props to Fuuka for being such a great friend.
Dec 2, 2021 10:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Even though it was going to happen eventually seeing the place that she cherished the most be demolished must be devastating to Kukuru. Wildlife conservation is a truly worthy goal and especially so in the face of humanity's desire to poison the planet. Though he can be a harsh taskmaster Kukuru's boss it seems does have a heart. Using the wedding plans as a means to develop Kukuru's character by having her speak to others about their wedding dreams sure was a nice move. Compared to her first attempt Kukuru's second attempt was far better and showed well how much her little trip changed her. It was also nice to see the wedding planner show such interest in the sealife as well. Can't wait how the wedding will turn out in the end which im guessing will be in the finale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2021 11:10 AM
Aug 2017
Dude, I'm so fucking proud of Kukuru. She grew so much in this ep and It shows. Hell, even Suwa was proud of her for how she was able to get back on her feet and ace the presentation.

In the end, she had what was needed: She broadened her horizons. The best part is that the show at least has her have self awareness, and has her realize where she messed up and whatnot. She even got a more proactive stand on this, and actually went out of her way to get her project checked by Suwa instead of going in blind like before.

F for Kai, but also glad he got to say something personal to Kukuru. I kinda wish Fuuka could have told her something as well when she listens to her rant, instead of being mute but I get it was one of those "no words needed" moments lol

Good for Karin for trying to chase her dream, I just hope Kukuru doesn't get conflicted over this. Or maybe she decides to move to newer and exciting things (It doesn't have to be marketing or anything huge, like she said. If she wants, she probably can go and study where Kame House is, and learn more junk).

Either way, I'm happy lol
Dec 2, 2021 11:10 AM

Jul 2011
This one was the most PSA heavy episode.

Wow! Barefoot wedding is so crazy. Like beach wedding isn't a thing in 2022(?).

Well Kukuru will be getting the job she wanted. So all good.
Dec 2, 2021 11:19 AM
Aug 2017
Swagernator said:

LOL I love you man, you made me chuckle with your comment, but yes I'm on the same boat as you on this one. I'm just gonna leave it at people getting too fixated on the minor details and not seeing the bigger picture or the subtle behaviors the characters had which I tried to explain like 20 fucking times but nobody wanted to listen.

Why did it take so long for Kukuru to have this character development? Easy: Because she grew up as an only child in a tragic household and clearly was pampered as a result. On top of that, the magic aquarium her gramps owned was a memento of her parents. She grew extremely attached to it and to sea life as a result, to the point she is a fish otaku and has tunnel vision. Her personality ends up being of someone who is selfish (lol) and only focuses on the aquarium (rightfully so, I mean is closing and this sends her into a panic), but she is not a bad or evil person, just a bit slow on understanding people.

Basically Gama Gama acted as some sort of emotional crutch for her and then she became sort of emotionally hostage to her own attachment to the place. Is 100% understandable why she acts the way she does, like there is a logic behind it, but that doesn't take away from anyone getting frustrated at her lol I do like that they made her like that, because some folks are kinda dense like Kukuru is. Or sometimes is just really hard to let go of something, even more If you grew up with it.
Dec 2, 2021 11:20 AM
Nov 2020
It took them 22 episodes to tackle environmentalism in an anime about aquariums, I wonder if it’ll have a role during the last episodes.
Dec 2, 2021 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Fuuka to the rescue! I just love the interactions between Kukuru and Fuuka.

How nice that Kukuru's proposal was approved, and her idea actually sounds interesting. It's hilarious to see how much the wedding planner liked the aquarium to the point of leaving with a plushie xD.

So now we have a sudden Kai plot? I just hope this doesn't lead to a Kai x Kukuru ending and is more about Kukuru becoming an attendant. It's not even that I want yuri, I just don't give a fuck about Kai and with so few interactions between them, it would feel... wrong an ending like that.

With only 2 episodes left, I'm not sure how they're going to wrap up the new attendant thing. For starters I had totally forgotten that Karin quit her previous job to become one haha. It will be interesting to see who gets the job given that Kukuru now seems focused on the wedding project. For a moment I even thought Fuuka and Kukuru could study something, or at least Fuuka with all that talk and interest she showed in this episode.
Dec 2, 2021 12:16 PM
Nov 2017
Swagernator said:

Bro chill it’s anime lmao
Dec 2, 2021 12:22 PM

Apr 2012
SkyLETV said:
Fuuka to the rescue! I just love the interactions between Kukuru and Fuuka.

How nice that Kukuru's proposal was approved, and her idea actually sounds interesting. It's hilarious to see how much the wedding planner liked the aquarium to the point of leaving with a plushie xD.

So now we have a sudden Kai plot? I just hope this doesn't lead to a Kai x Kukuru ending and is more about Kukuru becoming an attendant. It's not even that I want yuri, I just don't give a fuck about Kai and with so few interactions between them, it would feel... wrong an ending like that.

With only 2 episodes left, I'm not sure how they're going to wrap up the new attendant thing. For starters I had totally forgotten that Karin quit her previous job to become one haha. It will be interesting to see who gets the job given that Kukuru now seems focused on the wedding project. For a moment I even thought Fuuka and Kukuru could study something, or at least Fuuka with all that talk and interest she showed in this episode.

Don't care so much about the character that you really hope she won't be with him lol. Well, this subplot started back in the past cour when Kai was reminiscing about that fish.
Dec 2, 2021 1:59 PM
Feb 2008
Why is everyone criticizing Kai!!! I love him
Dec 2, 2021 2:00 PM

Sep 2018
BY FAR the best episode of this Tingarla arc. Kukuru finally acting like a goddamn adult and all her hard work paid off. Just LOL at the hostile and toxic work environment complaints or the "The manager's upcoming arc" talk, disillusions by people who have never worked an honest days work in their life. She even talked to her work colleagues about ideas, something I suggested in a previous episode thread.

The only disappointment was that Kukuru didn't get in trouble and the "piEce oF sHit" manager swept her pathetic actions under the rug. I hope she stays in management.
Dec 2, 2021 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
As expected, Kukuru was able to broaden her horizon during her time on the small island, with extra wisdom from Misaki about the welfare of the turtles, before she and Fuuka headed back to Tingarla, where Kukuru made a solid apology in front of Suwa and the rest of the marketing team. Call it a light punishment if you will, but it was the right scenario for Kukuru and everyone else. After all that has happened, Suwa did plan to have Kukuru transfer to the attendants team, but not before having her try again with the wedding proposal from before.

Thankfully, Kukuru was successful with her meeting with Miura. Showing her around the aquarium before heading to the new room in question was a wise move as it helped Miura get an understanding of the aquarium in question, whereas Kukukru's points during the meeting were spot on. Suwa even told her "well done" as well, which was nice to see.

As for Karin, it's nice to see her making up her mind to try and join the attendant team and make her dream come true, as her current position is, to be honest, barely different to her previous job, so I'm glad she's making this move.

However, it looks like Kai will be away on leave to help care for his father, which has left Kukuru rather conflicted on what do to next. Will she push on to becoming an attendant, or will she make a U-turn and stick to the marketing team? There's only two episodes left now, so I expect to see that question being answered next week.
Dec 2, 2021 2:54 PM

Feb 2016
Suwa may have communication difficulties, but at least he seems to realize that his leadership style doesn't match Kukukus youthful absentmindedness, and that her running off was a result of many factors. That his management style part to blame for the whole situation to get out of hand. I wonder if some self-insight was the reason for him to not punish her for her big mistake. Anyway, I have more respect for Suwa now. And also for Kukuru after she really apologized, and she now finally seems to have grown mentally. Good for her!

The matter about the wedding planning was solved as soon as the had a dialogue meeting on the spot, in the intended premises/rooms. Hate to say I told you so... But I did. ;)
Suwa was mute with no own ideas during the dialogue meeting at Tingarla, as always, but that was to be expected of a man who doesn't seem to know much of aquariums, fish nor weddings. I suspect (and hope) that it is a really good isekai LN he is writing on his own computer. Or a story about a school boy with communication difficulties: "Suwa-san wa, Comyushou desu."
Dec 2, 2021 3:13 PM

Mar 2010
Dat no shoe wedding in a reverse fish tank actually sounds cool asf, at first it sounded retarded but damn nb.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 2, 2021 3:24 PM

Mar 2016
Teisatsu said:

Suwa was mute with no own ideas during the dialogue meeting at Tingarla, as always, but that was to be expected of a man who doesn't seem to know much of aquariums, fish nor weddings.

I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting his silence. The way I see it, he has a responsibility to preside over Kukuru's work as her manager but withheld any input of his own because he wanted Kukuru to be able to handle this project on her own.
Dec 2, 2021 3:55 PM

Sep 2017
Credit to the pos shit boss. He didn't get mad at Kukuru for leaving and is aware enough to realize she'd rather an attendant position, but he still continues to degrade her with that nickname... Well I'm sure Kukuru is going to stay at marketing anyway so Karin can get the happy ending, 'cause what she realized this episode is that she has a larger influence on making more ppl appreciate fish with this position.
Dec 2, 2021 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Kukuru giving his all to bring things back her actions are quite remarkable too Fuuka is being a great accompaniment to her at all times.

Two episodes to go, I really want to know how the outcome of this show is going!!.
Dec 2, 2021 4:10 PM

Feb 2016
Judgment526 said:
I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting his silence. The way I see it, he has a responsibility to preside over Kukuru's work as her manager but withheld any input of his own because he wanted Kukuru to be able to handle this project on her own.

You might be right. He is a man who is rather difficult to understand, and I wouldn't want to work under him. But what he lacks in communication, he makes up for most of it when he only is judging his underlings by results. Without putting any feelings or prejudices in his way of thinking.
In fact he reminds me of an old boss, an old military man who was almost as impersonal, uncommunicative and difficult to handle for many of my colleagues. For him only good ideas and results counted, and he didn't care much about the employees age, sex, sexual orientation or how long they've been in the business.

Like a tsundere who can't be honest with her feelings, maybe that compliment from Suwa in the end was a bit hard for him to say. So I guess it was worth a lot for Kukuru. In that moment Kukuru may finally have understand that he in fact trust her. Which we viewers already knew.
Dec 2, 2021 4:32 PM

Oct 2009
Considering the way Kukuru ran off like that I was expecting she would get a severe bollocking from the manager when she presented herself to work. Far from getting cut down she almost got rewarded with the transfer she always craved for. Not only that he would give her a recommendation. As nice as that moment was it seemed a little out of character given the way he has treated her throughout the show.

Looking beyond that point we do see that Kukuru is finally expanding her horizons by looking at the bigger picture and taking on board what people want and not getting absorbed in her world of fish. The way she thought about the wedding guests needs as well as the fish encapsulated that growth. Good to see she is sticking with it her promotional work and not getting distracted for a change.

What I found telling is the fact she forgot about the transfer which made me think that perhaps she does not want the move as much as she felt earlier. The fact her colleague is also gunning for the role casts doubt on whether the move will actually happen.

As for the boss himself. Got to say he is rather lacklustre as while you want your staff to develop on their own, a little guidance and tips can really speed up ones developments. One shouldn't always have to learn lessons the hard way. It is often quicker and far less painful to see what good likes and how experienced people can tackle problems. You merely need to create an environment where open dialogue is encouraged to foster creativity. He thinks creativity comes by having a sink or swim environment.
Dec 2, 2021 6:25 PM
Nov 2020
Shakesgrl20 said:

Same. He's a good friend and I want him to win but the show just does him dirty and I have a bad feeling that his family problem is just an excuse to remove him from the story.
Dec 2, 2021 7:20 PM

Aug 2020
yay, Kukuru's wedding proposal got approved! Kai's dad collapsed so Kukuru was concerned about him. Is there a thing going on between this two? (Surely hope not)What about Fuuka then T-T

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 2, 2021 7:34 PM

Jul 2008
It is nice to see the show bringing up environmental pollution which is affecting even the sea life.

I’m going to take a guess and say Karin will be the one replacing Kai due to Kukuru’s last minute declination to be a caretaker. I think Kukuru has seen the larger scope of the overall work one has to do in an aquarium business and her love for the sea creatures as well as the customers will make her want to continue shouldering the responsibility.
Dec 2, 2021 8:49 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril really threw herself into her project
Dec 2, 2021 9:45 PM

Jan 2017
She really went with the wedding proposal in the end, thought there would be a change in events

Not to say I dislike her idea about the barefoot "natural-feeling" wedding, but this does imply that Kukuru will stay in the marketing team in the end :/
Dec 2, 2021 10:24 PM

May 2020
Yeah unsurprisingly she got away pretty easily, on a leave without informing any of your superiors and even then nothing, just submit your project and everything's good.

Now with almost every dot in place, I wonder what they have for us in those last 2 episodes.
Dec 3, 2021 12:20 AM

Jan 2019
Naisu episoddo.

Dec 3, 2021 2:50 AM

Apr 2012
Khunime said:
yay, Kukuru's wedding proposal got approved! Kai's dad collapsed so Kukuru was concerned about him. Is there a thing going on between this two? (Surely hope not)What about Fuuka then T-T

Lol, the "and now kiss" meme will always be relevant lol.

VenomEmperor said:
Shakesgrl20 said:

Same. He's a good friend and I want him to win but the show just does him dirty and I have a bad feeling that his family problem is just an excuse to remove him from the story.

Well, that would be weird. In Sakura Quest, all pairing was at least meant to be mutual, but what's the point of introducing a character with a one-sided crush and then just deleting him? It would make sense if she ignored him because she chose Fuuka, but that didn't happen all the more. Personally, for some reason, it seems to me that this will have some kind of development within the framework of the wedding.
Dec 3, 2021 4:10 AM

Feb 2016
VenomEmperor said:

There is really no logic whatsoever to remove him from the story, with so few episodes left. I mean, he hasn't even really been visible for many episodes. Very strange. Or is it a second season coming?
Dec 3, 2021 4:15 AM

Apr 2012
Teisatsu said:
VenomEmperor said:

There is really no logic whatsoever to remove him from the story, with so few episodes left. I mean, he hasn't even really been visible for many episodes. Very strange. Or is it a second season coming?

It is unlikely that it will get a second season, OVA or film at best if it is popular. It is possible that they removed it due to the yuri fanboys whining, but usually the plot and animation are ready in advance.
Dec 3, 2021 5:26 AM

Oct 2008
looks like the wedding planner had a change of heart to Kukuru's proposals...
alright Kukuru might be shifting jobs as her preferred job type! as an attendant! and nice Karin is also pursuing that as well!
guheheh Kukuru suddenly became concerned for Kai huh... good thing his dad collapsed ...omg what am i saying! argh! sorry me.
5/5.

Dec 3, 2021 5:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least Kukuru managed to convince that wedding organizer woman, and maybe she'll be able to switch to the keeper state replacing Kai because he's doing a pause since his father is sick sadly :/
Dec 3, 2021 5:54 AM

Jul 2017
Kukuru needs our support, the blueberry girl has it HARD. Keeping herself together isn't gonna cut it, and Fuuka's support has always been the constant to keep her afloat (which now that I think about it, isn't so much about the Yuri aspect).

Gama Gama is most certainly gone, and the night's stay at Kamehausu has cleared up Kukuru's mind. Sea turtles are often victims of sea environmental pollution, and Umi-yan's wife Misaki also has it hard to maintain the new hatchlings.

It just feels too easy for Kukuru to be let off the hook, and her final assignment of the wedding planning with the client's requirements has to go unhinged. As much as I hate Assistant Director Suwa, he showed a change of heart to put a recommendation for her as part of her preferred dream job to be an attendant. Smile a bit, Suwa.

Yeah yeah, Kukuru already showing her Yuri-ness towards Fuuka if she was a bride, anything and everything about a dream wedding in an aquarium setting. For now, work hard on delivering the wedding planning project proposal first and getting advice from everyone...except Kuuya. The proposal (more verbal than written), as bizarre as Kukuru made it sound to Miura, at least she is able to compromise to make it work.

Definitely wasn't surprising if this show ever couple some IRL issues such as environmental issues, but Plankton ever finally did a good one this time. Now even Karin's switching her role to be an attendant...but that change is because of Kai's dad who collapsed and is on surgery. Either Karin or Kukuru will take over Kai's role for now, but done with a heavy heart.

I have only one question left: will the red-haired being that ate the fish head offering very early on in the series ever get its own importance?
Dec 3, 2021 7:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, Fuuka and the sea turtle hatchling brought back Kukuru to the sense and spirit again to helped animal, even on the unusual spot like that marketing office. Then, yeah, Shiroi Shuna no Aquatope finally been accepted by that wedding planner. Its surely hard. But i really thought she might be more tougher after having the second call by them. Still, as soon as she got to see the aquarium directly on to her face. Looks like there's a real magic inside of it. However, its not even applied much to that pity assistant director. At least he's became more or less considerate and lenient toward Plankton. If not, then, lets rebel, all of you!

New plot has arrived to fill the last two episodes. Lets make a hot takes. I predict Karin fill Kai's position for a while with a pleasure, even if its just for temporary. Then, when Kukuru work the marketing daily as usual, her relationship with Kai become even more closer, which make them consider to having an under ocean marriage as the final scene. Can't wait to see Fuuka change her affection to Kaoru and her little dream...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 3, 2021 8:11 AM
Aug 2017
I wish people would understand that Suwa was always nice towards Kukuru.

Kukuru didn't read the pile of papers he left her from one day to another??? Oh, no biggie, just read and focus on your new and first assignment, which has a deadline. You can read the rest later. A real shitty japanese boss would screech at her and drag her ass so hard on the entire office floor, she would catch on fire. He would get all on her face and start saying shit like why didn't she read it, does she even care about the job? why is she there if she doesn't care etc etc etc. By the time he were done, Kukuru would be looking like those things you use to salvage your spaghetti from the water (metaphorically speaking).

A real shitty japanese boss would humiliate Kukuru by having her serve him tea, instead of letting her do her job. He would constantly address her in a demeaning way, and probably even make sexist comments about how she is a chick so she doesn't care because she is gonna marry eventually and quit working.

What does Suwa actually do? He minds his own bis. We don't see what he works on, but as an audience we only need to know he is working and the show makes a point in letting us know he is basically close to a workaholic (his line on his first appearance about how he wants Tingarla to be the best aquarium out there highlights this as well, and how he is as passionate as everyone else in there). Just because he is not making hot cocoa for Kukuru with a smile and telling her how good a job she is doing, doesn't mean he is a shitty boss. People need to stop judging japanese characters with western lens.

Now, let's see. For the tour. Kukuru makes an understandable mistake and fails to confirm with all the departments instead of just two. Does Suwa yell at her? Does he accuse her of ineptitude, making claims of how dare she not have such "basic knowledge"?? No. He understands that Kukuru is new and is still learning (which he knows and let us know from day 1), Yes, he is annoyed he has to delay the shit, but guess what? He never once takes it out on Kukuru, even though he 100% could. All he does is basically be "Is okay sweetie, I will just delay it. Just don't forget you gotta include these fuckers too. Do it better next, aight?".

All I see from most of the viewers complaining about Suwa, is basically that 1) He is not a western boss (which makes zero sense to me. He is a japanese square man, he is going to act like one) and 2) "hE gAvEr a MeAn NaMe!!11". Yes, he did. And guess what? She 100& deserved it. You DON'T talk to your superiors the way Kukuru talked to him on her first day (yes, even in Okinawa). That is such an obvious shit to not do to the average japanese person, is played for laughs in here because Kukuru just ups and fucks it up like that. The only other instances where Suwa is actually chewing Kukuru or slapping her in the wrist, is basically because of this same issue. ALSO, Kukuru literally didn't give a shit about the name, even in this episode, she doesn't care. She NEVER did. If she at least cared about it, I would consider it but she doesn't because she is fish otaku.

Kukuru gives him attitude? He basically tells her to keep it to herself (that "a Yes is enough"). Kukuru fights him over the slugs? Same deal, but this time he tells her to leave the slugs to the attendants whose job is that (he is right, but Kukuru wanted to defend her proposal which is good because it shows she gives a shit). Is not a mark of a shitty boss to want your coworkers to respect you, he just doesn't want and won't take shit from anyone. Not even Garandou who was being a slimy fuck.

And yes, now finally people realize he wasn't that much of a dick. He just has a perpetual "I will stab a bitch" attitude, but he was never actually unreasonable or unfair. Again, he is just a square. A japanese square (lol). That also includes how he let's Kukuru do her own thing. He is not gonna hold her hand and tell her how to think and do her projects, he is not that kind of dude, he is more of a "I'm gonna push you into the pool and you better swim bitch". Is that a bad thing??? If you grew up in the west and you only know western culture and standards then maybe It is to you. If not, then you will probably understand he is acting in a very normal way.

At the end of the day, all he ever wanted from Kukuru was that she did her job. Just that.

And now I want an anime about marketing lol
Dec 3, 2021 9:04 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! It's also great that they're showing awareness for taking care of the environment. Fuuka is still an absolute angel. Kukuru got her rest and was charged up again for work.

At least Suwa didn't reprimand her for taking a leave without notice, probably because he did realize he pushed her too much. Glad Kukuru succeeded this time. I liked how Miura changed moods once the serious business stuff is over lmao, even bought a jellyfish plush, that was cute.

Honestly, I think Kukuru's gonna be staying in the marketing team and Karin's gonna get the attendant job. Though Kai wanting Kukuru to be the one to take over will make things a little complicated, but end result will still be Kukuru marketing team and Karin attendant. 2 more episodes to go, looking forward to those.
Dec 3, 2021 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
I knew that PA Works wouldn't screw up thier 'coming age' series.
And all these people saying 'she don't know how good she has it'.
Did you really think that he will be punished? No. She got her job there because Tingarla's director is her grandpa's friend (and she had enough knowledge to do the job, just not marketing job, she was supposed to do attendant job since the very beginning).
JidatPait said:

I would love to see you "ClEaN poOp aFteR pEngUIns" instead of doing whatever you're doing now (whatever it is, as long as you're giving value to others, I respect it!). I certainly can't handle cleaning penguin poops and that's why I have mad respect for those who can.

Exactly. That's the point. It's not like she wanted to do nothing or just sit and watch animals.
Especially that people were shitting on her long before she did what she did in previous episode (which I'll never understand). It's not like she got her dream job and she was screwing around doing nothing.
rsc-plDec 3, 2021 2:14 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 3, 2021 2:40 PM

Apr 2012
badabass said:
Ah, Fuuka and the sea turtle hatchling brought back Kukuru to the sense and spirit again to helped animal, even on the unusual spot like that marketing office. Then, yeah, Shiroi Shuna no Aquatope finally been accepted by that wedding planner. Its surely hard. But i really thought she might be more tougher after having the second call by them. Still, as soon as she got to see the aquarium directly on to her face. Looks like there's a real magic inside of it. However, its not even applied much to that pity assistant director. At least he's became more or less considerate and lenient toward Plankton. If not, then, lets rebel, all of you!

New plot has arrived to fill the last two episodes. Lets make a hot takes. I predict Karin fill Kai's position for a while with a pleasure, even if its just for temporary. Then, when Kukuru work the marketing daily as usual, her relationship with Kai become even more closer, which make them consider to having an under ocean marriage as the final scene. Can't wait to see Fuuka change her affection to Kaoru and her little dream...

Fuuka and Kaoru? What?
Dec 3, 2021 4:26 PM

Jul 2017
ngl the cynical bastard in me would've liked to see Kai mention that he does have to quit, just to spice up the drama :P . But I guess it's nice that it's only a temp leave and now it puts Kukuru in yet another bind

hey at least the proposal went through which was nice to see. Shame the proposal lady didn't go through the LSD revelation as others did, missed opportunity. Then again that mystical dude(girl?) hasn't appeared for awhile
Dec 3, 2021 8:29 PM

Sep 2015
Just two episodes left and i'm finally done with this series.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 3, 2021 8:31 PM

Jun 2021
Not too crazy about this episode.

Feels like this show is directionless right now. The whole Kukuru burnout saga ended anticlimactically and without a satisfying explanation. She saw some turtles hatch and now she's all motivated? Feels pretty weak to me.

Now with new Kai drama brewing, I really don't know where they are going with this show, especially with only 2 more episodes left. Not to mention the whole "lost dolphin" story needs a resolution as well.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

138 by basskiller »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

85 by basskiller »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

105 by basskiller »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2021

41 by basskiller »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.