Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2021 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, you know this episode hits the feels when Dai sheds those man tears. No matter what you think of Baran, he was a hell of a warrior.

Obviously, the episode dealt with the drama and aftermath too. Rough episode :o
Nov 5, 2021 6:12 PM

Dec 2020
This is frame by frame the manga !!!
I know this episode with hurt a lot of people.
Nov 5, 2021 6:20 PM

Nov 2020
That "Tousan!!" 😢

Very emotive episode.
Nov 5, 2021 7:41 PM

Jun 2015
The last moments of Baran had huge panels

Nov 5, 2021 7:41 PM
Oct 2016
Very sad seeing Baran die, I had that feeling he would have to sacrifice himself for Dai to stop the black core. But man that is so sad seeing Dai lose his father right in front of him. Baran did everything he could to save Dai and his friends so they could stop Dark King Vearn. I have a sneaking suspicion that's not the last we see of Hadlar seems too easy for him just being obliterated in an explosion. Vearn of course had to come great the heroes whom had made it this far. Nothing short of a miracle just as he said. Offering them the chance to all take him on solo. A rare opportunity but something about it is not right. It wouldn't be this simple if he was offering it to them
Nov 5, 2021 7:44 PM

Apr 2014
This episode freaking hit hard. Very hard. If anything I am including this to be one of the emotional moments for me this year. Despite all the good and eveil Baran did. He was a powerful warrior and a caring father to the very end. He even tells Dai not to give up and stand up and go forward to defeat Dark King! Then the Dark King himself shows himself and gives them a chance to fight him as a reward. Like wow.
Nov 5, 2021 7:46 PM
Apr 2021
I got chills multiple times throughout this episode, it’s been quite a while since we lost a major character in this show, and it really sucks because all the characters in this show are fantastic. I legitimately have no idea how they are going to put up a fight against King Vearn, Dai better pop off and do something crazy because I don’t want anyone else to die. Fantastic episode, cannot wait to see what happens next.
Nov 5, 2021 7:54 PM

Jan 2009
RIP Baran but damn did he just transfer his Dragon Crest to Dai there with the Blue Aura surrounding them?

so this will happen

next episode looks like a Full Sakuga episode nice one lets see how King Vearn fights

Nov 5, 2021 11:20 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Baran death. Sentimental moment. Hadlar unknown. Vanished without a trace? Popp trying to be funny again. Everyone on tension. King Vearn welcomed them by himself and gave them a reward of handicap to fight alone without any interference of their loyal two, Mystvearn and Killvearn. What a confident. Really looking forward to see the next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 5, 2021 11:25 PM
Sep 2019
Super emotional this episode, Baran went out like a true beast, he will be missed.
Nov 6, 2021 12:45 AM

Feb 2019
Man as an anime only, this episode was so damn hard to watch. Baran and Dai had only just began to form a relationship and had only recently been able to say how they felt.. and for Baran to be gone.. tragic.

In a way it was pretty obvious it had to happen tho. Baran is so OP that him being alive just wouldn’t make sense in the story since he could go toe to toe with Vearn.

I hope we get to see more of him in some capacity later on tho
Nov 6, 2021 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 6, 2021 2:14 AM

Sep 2013
Even if it was predictable,strong emotions this episode

Now main antagonist joins the ball,are we really only at the half part of this show??
Deep dark fantasies
Nov 6, 2021 5:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was extremely emotional to see Dai losing his dad like that, RIP Baran but now he's in Dai's heart... though the part with Vearn is really weird, he'll fight them alone in the next episode? I'm very interesting to see how it will turn out
Nov 6, 2021 7:27 AM

Jul 2015
RIP Omni-man
You'll be missed.

Nov 6, 2021 7:36 AM

Sep 2018
I'm late XD
Very good episode with some great soundtracks but the scene Hyunckel's remembrance of his dead father was done way better in manga, wayyyy more emotional

Anyway, next week will be one of the best episodes!!!
Nov 6, 2021 8:14 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
A sad episode in which Baran gave up his life to protect Dai and his friends from the Black Core explosion just when Dai was getting around to calling Baran his father. However, the Dark King Vearn finally showed himself in person with a terrifying presence. Next week we get to see how OP Dark King Vearn really is as he takes on Dai and his friends at once.
Nov 6, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2020
The ED hits harder now. RIP Baran. I thought he would be turned on ashes when he fell in the ground, but at least father and son had a last conversation.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Nov 6, 2021 9:14 AM

May 2012
RIP Baran

Next episode will be amazing !!
Nov 6, 2021 2:15 PM

May 2018
Great episode! Vearn truly is formidable. rip Baran
Nov 6, 2021 3:26 PM

Dec 2020
great and sad episode

Baran was able to take Dai and escape from the site of the explosion, but he know that his son won't forgive him if he ran and leave all his friends to die, so he decided to stay and save everyone

imo
Baran's death was necessary to keep the story and events more balanced and logical, especially when it comes to battles and fights , he was overpowered and broken
his death was really sad but it had to happen

Nov 6, 2021 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
The fight started between the Vearn, High expectations for this.
Nov 6, 2021 5:59 PM
Sep 2015
It's just miraculously good episode. While it's also very sad, I'm happy to see Baran in shirtless situation for one last time. I've to say that I still have a little bit of hope in me since I don't see Mother Dragon retrieving Baran's soul yet. So when Dai said that his father lives in him, it doesn't just mean it's just what Dai feels, his father really actually continues to live in him, not just Baran's dragonic power or crest, but his very soul, is inside Dai's little body. I don't know how long this condition will last but I hope there's a good news awaiting for me.

Personally I don't want to see Baran died but from the ethical point of view. Baran did something bad, very very bad while he's in Dark Army. While Hyunckel and Crocodine also did something bad in the past, I assume they haven't kill anyone, while Baran was really kill someone, a human, on screen too (in the beginning of episode 24), not just when he explode the whole Kingdom when his wife died, but a lot after that. While I'm glad that this manga is a kind of type that no villain would go unpunished, I want it to settle down to something other than death, maybe lifetime in prison.

Talking about Vearn, I just realized that since Mystvearn is Vearn, could this mean Killvearn is also Vearn, since he also has Vearn in his name. While Mystvearn is a younger version, it makes me curious about Killvearn, another younger version, older version, looking forward to the twist.
phantomfandomNov 6, 2021 6:41 PM
Nov 7, 2021 2:22 PM

Apr 2021
In a way it was pretty obvious it had to happen. Baran is so OP that him being alive just wouldn’t make sense in the story since he could go toe to toe with Vearn.
Nov 7, 2021 6:00 PM

Oct 2008
Whelp, I guess Hadlar and his chest pieces are really gone now... What a shame! I really love to see the fight between each of them and Dai's team... shame...

Anyway, very good ep. We say goodbye to Baran, an awesome character btw, and he didn't go lightly, only a mega-ton nuclear explosion could kill him and that's pretty much how it happens.
A very emotional ep, and now we have the preview of the final fight... because, of course, Dai's team will not make a scratch on Vearn... not in this life!

I really want to know how they will become stronger after being kicked badly by Vearn... it will have something to do with their new orichalcum weapons (shown in the opening), or will it will be a completely different thing/technique?

BUT 1st they need their cocky little assess kicked by Vearn! Let's just focus on the next ep, shall we? xD
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Nov 7, 2021 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
only one versus all? seems like Vearn-sama is doin' child's play huh...
RIP Baran. saving his son by sacrificing himself is what a true Father would do.
5/5.

Nov 9, 2021 2:35 AM

Jun 2019
Another great episode, we're finally at the big boss and can't wait for the fight to come. I've been following this show since the start and am really invested in Dai, Popp, Crocodine and the others.

I wonder what the secret behind Mystevearn is, I'm guessing he's Dark King Vearn's true self, or maybe his son.
Nov 13, 2021 6:23 AM
Dec 2013
Dai kills Baran in the final episode of the 1991 version, where Baran was still the bad guy, which was a filler ending and what I saw first, so this episode felt weird to me where I'm seeing Baran die a different way and as a good guy and Dai mourning his death.
wildhoodNov 13, 2021 7:31 AM
Nov 13, 2021 8:15 AM

May 2012
wildhood said:
Dai kills Baran in the final episode of the 1991 version, where Baran was still the bad guy, which was a filler ending and what I saw first, so this episode felt weird to me where I'm seeing Baran die a different way and as a good guy and Dai mourning his death.

He did not die in original anime, he did retreat after dai hit him with Avan Strash

Check final episode again. Maybe you forgot

thepathNov 13, 2021 8:22 AM
Nov 13, 2021 8:47 AM
Dec 2013
thepath said:
wildhood said:

He did not die in original anime, he did retreat after dai hit him with Avan Strash

Check final episode again. Maybe you forgot

Yeah, I guess I remembered it wrong. My bad.
Nov 24, 2021 5:50 AM
Oct 2019
RIP Baran, finally you being a Great Father!!!

OTOUSAN!!!
that scream..
Dai Seiyuu did really well
First Half was emotional.
Second Half was terrifying.

It's about to begin, Full Sakuga next episode?
I'm ready...
Jan 22, 2022 4:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the final fight or just a new defeat?=?=
Aug 6, 2022 11:50 AM

Mar 2010
Damn I had the feels seeing baran die on us.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 29, 2023 8:46 PM
Mar 2014
Reply to DragonKnight92
I'm late XD
Very good episode with some great soundtracks but the scene Hyunckel's remembrance of his dead father was done way better in manga, wayyyy more emotional

Anyway, next week will be one of the best episodes!!!
@DragonKnight92 kinda glad it was done the way it was in the anime, it was Dai’s moment, not Hyunckel’s, and they did show that part a bit later.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.