Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 5 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 4, 2021 6:44 AM
Sep 2018
Ares: Definitive proof that INT and WIS are not the same stat...
Nov 4, 2021 11:15 AM

Oct 2017
I want a more quiet wholesome life in the countryside, please don't add in Ruti for some regular isekai battle, that's not what the plot should be about.
Nov 4, 2021 2:12 PM

May 2018
Pretty good. Elf is bae
Nov 4, 2021 2:15 PM
Nov 2016
Bunille said:
I want a more quiet wholesome life in the countryside, please don't add in Ruti for some regular isekai battle, that's not what the plot should be about.

Same. I was in this for the wholesome SoL stuff. Not regular isekai battles and flashbacks.
Nov 4, 2021 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
Ruti is the bestest, cutest imoutOH MY GOD SHE PUNCHED THAT MAN'S SIDE OFF.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Nov 4, 2021 3:32 PM

Feb 2012
Flashback of when Rit first joined Gideon's party. Rit first saw his elf friend as a potential love rival, but she actually encouraged Rit.

But then there was the obstacle of Ruti's affection for her brother (after mercilessly slaughtering enemies in battle, bearing what a hero has to do)

YO WTF....not just appearances Ruti is actually cray cray. There is a hole where Gideon left her and she punched a hole into Ares because of that lol.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 4, 2021 4:14 PM
Nov 2021
I really like the pacing on this one. We got wholesome moments, we got flashback and we got hero's party struggles. It seems the show is walking towards Red facing a conflict between choosing a life with Rit, or being alongside Ruti. Overall great episode!
Nov 4, 2021 4:21 PM

Jun 2019
BetaMaleUltra said:
While opening up a pharmacy is definitely something we probably haven't seen before

This aired last season, summer of 2021:

So far I like Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside significantly better by comparison though, and barring something radical happening, I don't see that changing.
Nov 4, 2021 7:14 PM

May 2015
Jesus Ruti going crazy at the end there. She full on destroyed him lol. That was a big surprise. I really like Ruti and I hope she eventually joins the family at Red's place after her journey.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 4, 2021 11:20 PM

May 2020
Would love to see more of Yarandrala, she along with Rit would make this show more enjoyable.

I think it's about time they show us Ruti's side of story too.
Nov 5, 2021 6:15 AM
Mar 2012
weird they see Rit as a risky timebomb. Still a chance Loggervia goes retrieve their princess. Yarandrala great sensei teaching the tsun to be a deredere.
oof Ares that's a big freaky splat.
Nov 5, 2021 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
honestly, these two should just skip the steps in between and go straight to f*cking. Them be thirsting one another...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Nov 5, 2021 11:08 AM

Jan 2021
I feel like from a romance point of view they are way too far for them not to do anything already, they both clearly like each other with Rit basically drooling all over him, it's getting a bit weird.
Nov 5, 2021 1:26 PM
Mar 2021
dabdabgoose said:
I feel like from a romance point of view they are way too far for them not to do anything already, they both clearly like each other with Rit basically drooling all over him, it's getting a bit weird.

Gideon/Red being a virgin/having very little actual romantic experience is the only way to explain any of this. He's probably been too focused looking out for his sister his whole life, because she was blessed/cursed with the Hero powers. so he didn't have time/bandwidth to even really consider romance. That's the best explanation I can muster for his actions, or rather inaction thus far.
Nov 5, 2021 2:05 PM

Sep 2021
BlueSnow93 said:
Oh wow, 60% of the episode was a worthless flashback again. Screw this show. Dropped
but unlike most other anime this shows flashbacks actually manages to give clarity on the story and the characters relationships instead of just serving as filler to cram 10 more minutes into the episode
os172Nov 6, 2021 8:29 AM
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Nov 5, 2021 8:34 PM

Nov 2017
Just imagine that Ares acctualy said " I kicked your brother ass from our party! "
Now Loading.....
Nov 6, 2021 1:50 AM

Aug 2021
Rutis anger issues were scary asf
Nov 6, 2021 1:52 AM

Aug 2021
dabdabgoose said:
I think that them not getting straight to it is kinda part of the charm. Neither of them had ever been in a relationship before and they're somewhat soulmates from the way things are shown, so them taking it slow just is right
Nov 6, 2021 2:05 AM

Jan 2021
eyeofflame said:
dabdabgoose said:
I think that them not getting straight to it is kinda part of the charm. Neither of them had ever been in a relationship before and they're somewhat soulmates from the way things are shown, so them taking it slow just is right
I guess, but usually when I've seen this in anime it's a bit more casually hinted where is this is beyond obvious, usually one is dense and doesn't it make it clear their view but in this case it's obvious both like each other with Rit making it incredibly obvious I feel if they wanted to drag it out they needed to tone it down a bit but now it comes off like a Blue ball Romance.
Nov 6, 2021 4:04 AM

Mar 2019
Wow that last scene sure was savage, I was fully expecting it to be the cliche 'I murdered the hell out of the guy but it was actually my imagination' but props to the show for not following it.
Nov 6, 2021 7:47 AM

Jun 2013
KitKatLong said:
Wow that last scene sure was savage, I was fully expecting it to be the cliche 'I murdered the hell out of the guy but it was actually my imagination' but props to the show for not following it.

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
Nov 6, 2021 3:29 PM
Oct 2020
These fools need to just get married already oml
Nov 7, 2021 1:10 AM

Nov 2012
Welp now we know why Ruti scares everyone. That last scene surprised the hell out of me. What I wanna know is what is going to happen when Ruti learns the truth.
Nov 7, 2021 5:00 AM
Jul 2021
Sometimes I forget that Ruti is more than a loli tsundere,She truly cares about Red from inside. Hero's Party is struggling without Red. I also really liked Yarandrala, such a elegant elf. Can't wait for more episodes. Till then,I wall start watching the second season of Jobless reincarnation
Nov 7, 2021 1:23 PM

Oct 2008
WatchTillTandava said:
BetaMaleUltra said:
While opening up a pharmacy is definitely something we probably haven't seen before

This aired last season, summer of 2021:

So far I like Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside significantly better by comparison though, and barring something radical happening, I don't see that changing.

I was asking myself if I was the only one that saw that isekai drugstore show...

Anyway, this banished (long title) isekai show is being wholesome af... And I love it exactly because of this!! I didn't have this much joy since I saw Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko last year. What a wholesome show as well and I'm glad to watch something similar again and in the same annual time period as well.
Cannot be enjoying it more than this! (maybe if those two love birds actually come over with each other... xD)
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Nov 8, 2021 3:13 AM

Dec 2014
seeing Ruti punch a hole in Ares was oddly satisfying
Nov 8, 2021 10:08 AM
Aug 2015
Pretty nice episode.

I'm assuming that the Elf girl likes Red, but realizes that she would stay young while he ages. Which could cause heartbreak for both of them.

Rit and Red make a nice couple - backstory is good. Without the backstory, Rit just seems like a random admirer.

Ruti almost killed Ares. I'm assuming that she hates or highly dislikes him / only spared him due to needing his skills in the party.

Ruti has also shown some downsides to her "Hero" status.

Red has mentioned before that the God-Given skills can effect personalities and mannerisms. A carpenter skill makes someone want to build, brawler makes them want to fight.

What side effects would "Hero" have? Probably killing the demon lord and demons. Also a forced sense of justice or something similar.

The skill probably made her spare Ares - could have made her attack him in the first place as well.

It seems like when Ruti is fighting, nobody is allowed to fight alongside her. I'm assuming that she goes into a bloodlust or auto-kill sort of state.

A never-ending mindset of killing the demon lord and their army is probably unhealthy, mentally. Red probably acts as a constant support.

It has also been shown that not all "demons" are necessarily evil. One of them sells furniture and drinks with Red. It could be that the Gods just like seeing humans fight the demons and create wars.

Decent anime, not the greatest thing ever - but I like it.
Nov 8, 2021 10:12 AM
Aug 2015
Bunille said:

The listed genre for this anime "Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life".

I always come on here and check for genres before watching an anime.

The Adventure tag usually means that there is at least some focus on "Adventures".
Nov 8, 2021 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
this has been mostly a snoozefest but i was on my phone then i looked up and saw her scattering the dudes guts on the wall and i just had a what the fuck is going on came out of no where i'm like fuck that guy but sheesh didn't need to do him that dirty on a whim well at least she healed him lol.. thought she was just heartless but shes also a crazy bro-con
Nov 9, 2021 4:15 PM

Jul 2019
Pretty good episode. Just shows backstory like usual, that's the one thing that annoys me with this anime, I just want to see the two in a relationship and that is all smh

But yeah, the whole Rit needs Red and Red needs Rit idea is an amazing thing to touch on since many seem to forget that is how love works, union of two souls lol.

Also that ending lmfao, Ruti just killed a mf then he just respawn 💀💀
Nov 11, 2021 12:59 PM
Jun 2014
Ruti punching that guy was amazing. Idk why he would even try lying to her.
Nov 11, 2021 2:11 PM

Feb 2018
Yeaaaaah! That one punch was so wholesome!!! She should've revived him and punched him a bit more. She could killed Ares at least 10 times hahaha.
Nov 12, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
Go figure that Ares was a total trashbag. Got a nice hole smashed through it too. Strong till all their insides start leaking out.

lol for how low budget laid back this is that was a surprising and wonderfully brutal punch.

Also gonna guess that Ruti's Hero skill is something like no rest till the demon lord is dead. As in literal no rest. That's gotta be a fun blur of a nightmare. Some insomnia insanity without being tired all mixed in.
Nov 13, 2021 7:30 AM
Jan 2021
L-Mo-Reppin said:
TheHubrisofMan said:
Same, here! I catch myself smiling and a bit giddy when watching Rit & Red's scenes. Their wholesome love is a nice respite from the stress & chaos IRL. :)

I think Rit has the cutest chibi mode ever hands down and she loves to eat Reds cooking

Aaaah, agreed! Rit's chibi mode always forces a chuckle from me and the thought, "So cute!!!"
Nov 19, 2021 5:55 AM
Dec 2019
Elf girl was cool but I'm surprised that she doesn't like Red in the way Rit does. It was nice to see Red say no to the coin offer showing that Rit means a lot to him and the same with Rit who denied all of the guild's offers. Ruti is scary and I wouldn't want to be in her party.
Nov 19, 2021 11:12 PM

Apr 2020
Ashhk said:
These guys harassing Rit like that were really annoying, once again backstory parts and that elf girl is pretty good, she won't fall in love Red because she's an elf but it's perfect for Rit in this case... but eh, Ruti is a total yandere I guess? that was hardcore xD

no
kudere+ yandere
Nov 26, 2021 1:16 PM

Sep 2011
LMAO surely that punch was totally hilarious.

Nov 26, 2021 11:03 PM

Dec 2012
Oh shit. That was brutal

Dec 2, 2021 1:41 AM

Apr 2011
Ruti punching Ares is damn satisfying. Too bad she can't kill him.
Dec 16, 2021 7:34 PM
Oct 2019
Holy crap. She punched a hole right through him. Obliterated him. ... Damn

That was satisfying af. It's also good to see she has good intuition/intelligence. She misses her brother
Jan 17, 2022 12:32 PM

Nov 2014
Whole guild asking Rit to return being adventurer... and nope... Rit already has a lifelong contract with Red XD... saying that abruptly haha well done Rit. Nice follow up by Red by giving her a bracelet as a token and deposit of their lifelong contract :D.

Some backstory of them, and the introduction of another Hero's former party member Yarandrala a high elf which seemingly to be Rit love-rival at first turn out giving her a big push to being honest with herself about her feelings toward Red. Yeap good fanservice of them when they were doing they girl talks in the riverside bath.

As usual lotsa great RedxRit moments again, that already the great points for me XD, they were already like married couple by now haha...

Another glimpse about hero's party at the end, what a chad move by Ruti as Ares trying to ridicule her brother, killing him in one hit then directly reviving him haha..

Really excited for the next eps..
Feb 13, 2022 11:06 AM

Nov 2017
Ares getting punched/torn and hitting the wall was nice to watch!~ At first, I thought it was only imagined, but nope! It actually happened lol. Ruti is really strong (duh)!
Apr 8, 2022 6:48 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao I really like what kuudere imouto Ruti did there at the end by unexpectedly smashing a hole in that useless bastard Ares there.

Jul 16, 2022 3:12 AM

Dec 2020
Ep 5 and red and rit is married already!

But ok is Ruti all powerful? A single punch to basically chunk ares and then a healing spell that insta heals it. Jaysus
Sep 1, 2022 5:03 AM
Jun 2015
Rit it´s so beautifull
Jan 12, 2023 9:47 PM
Mar 2022
I love Red's and Rit's relationship, its just extremely cute and kinda relatable. Giving some more story for Ruti was an excellent touch, oh and Ares can go get beat up by some kids. He annoys me
Apr 22, 2023 12:40 PM
Feb 2018
Great Episode, ending was shocking...
Dec 29, 2023 6:05 PM
Jun 2012
Ruti the final boss.
Jan 8, 1:12 AM
Oct 2011
So her interest towards Red started to be born from that mission in the forest, Rit was a full-fledged tsundere hahaha.

I don't know what was that look of Ruti's towards Rit and the Elf, but, it looks like it was jealousy, it's clear that Ruti is very attached to her brother.

I like to see these flashbacks in which they show us Red with the hero's party, you can tell that he was the person who kept the party together and planned the strategies, he fulfilled a very fundamental role in my opinion.

On the other hand, I'm still suspicious of that jerk Ares, why is he always talking to suspicious mercenaries?

Yūsha wa kowai desu!

I don't know how to describe Ruti, she seems like a girl with no feelings, that's not even counting the feelings of attachment she has towards her brother.
After Red left the party she focused on her hero task, but she was left with a void and maybe she's trying to fill it in the worst way, she doesn't have that thing that characterizes a hero, could it be that this way of being is due to having received the hero's blessing? It doesn't make any sense, but seriously Ruti is terrifying.

At least I'm glad he took that hit on Ares, he totally deserved it, 10/10 that hit.
Jan 24, 3:32 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to Quanda1eDing1e
Probably my favorite episode of this to date. So the adventurers and thieves guild want Rit back and they went to average lengths to get it done. However, the primary focus of this was definitely the backstory; we definitely needed more of that.

Ruti is a damn savage killing Ares in cold blood lmao. It's funny now but this behavior will be concerning for her inevitable reunion with Gideon/Red. She's all but confirmed to be overly attached to him, and I assume she won't respect his life decisions that don't include her.

5/5

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
@Quanda1eDing1e I disagree, I don't think Ruti will actually cause a problem for Gideon as long as he's safe and happy. As terrifying as she can be the fact she didn't throw the quest out to find out what happened to her brother tells me it's less overly attached/obsessed and more anger that Ares did something bad to him. TBH if I thought someone had hurt my brother and I had her power that person was not getting healed after.

I'm guessing her real problem is her gift mixed with no one but Gideon treating her like a real person and more like either a tool or untouchable holy being.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2021

149 by Zzz168 »»
Apr 15, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

75 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 8, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

81 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 7, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

88 by S-Lumiere »»
Apr 6, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

69 by AeriiKMilky »»
Jan 27, 12:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.