Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 5 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 3, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, that elf girl isn't afraid to get close to Red given that she is his former comrade. Yarandrala gives an elegant vibe with her look and personality tbh. The episode not only focused on her relationship with Red but also gave time with her and Rit.

And heh, we got some fan service in the waters. They're not afraid to give the girls their fun time.
Nov 3, 2021 6:58 AM

Feb 2018
It looks like Rit has a rival, Yarandrala. I thought she was a rival but instead got tka a bath together. Ruti has fight with a lot of orcs or goblins I don't care if it's clear that Rutin is too worried about them but Red and Yandarala are grateful for saving them.Red just doesn't want Ruti to do that again, demo her kindness, Still a boring seasonal spectacle, better watch Sekai Ansatsusha but yeah Ruti it's not a doll, really like that punch, lol.
Nov 3, 2021 7:12 AM

Apr 2014
That life-long contract is called marriage registration, Rit. LOL
The fan-service scenes from Rit and Yarandrala were very good.
何それ?意味分かんない
Nov 3, 2021 7:17 AM

Mar 2013
Everytime I watch this, Red and Rit's relationship is getting better and better and I can't get enough of the two of them!!! So cute and cuddly and adorable!!! 😍😍😍
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 3, 2021 7:44 AM

Oct 2015
Bruh, Ruti ain't playing Ares. Lmao
Nov 3, 2021 7:47 AM

Apr 2016
Oh right, i forgot that Rit is like a princess or something.

And i would like to say to just get a room you two ... but they already have a room, heck they have a same house ...
Nov 3, 2021 7:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
These guys harassing Rit like that were really annoying, once again backstory parts and that elf girl is pretty good, she won't fall in love Red because she's an elf but it's perfect for Rit in this case... but eh, Ruti is a total yandere I guess? that was hardcore xD
Nov 3, 2021 8:17 AM

May 2020
Nice fanservice. Rit will never abandon Red and they just make such a wholesome couple.
Nov 3, 2021 8:56 AM
Apr 2013
Ares: "You're oniichan is gone but you have me."

Ruti: "WAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH!"

Ahem.

Nice episode. Now we know why Rit is so open about her feelings.

Also, great to get inside Ruti's head for a change.

Humanizes her a little bit. She's still terrifying of course.

Nov 3, 2021 8:58 AM
May 2011
Oh my God, I wasn't expecting what Ruti did at the end. Very satisfying though lmao
Nov 3, 2021 9:11 AM
Jan 2021
astralkill00 said:
Everytime I watch this, Red and Rit's relationship is getting better and better and I can't get enough of the two of them!!! So cute and cuddly and adorable!!! 😍😍😍
Same, here! I catch myself smiling and a bit giddy when watching Rit & Red's scenes. Their wholesome love is a nice respite from the stress & chaos IRL. :)
Nov 3, 2021 9:13 AM
Jul 2021
Seriously, if they created a super computer that was the BEST technology available but it's only job was to create a perfect Waifu, it would spit out Rit 10/10. She looks perfect, her personality is perfect, she's funny and sweet, and just a perfect character for Red and this anime. How happy would you guys be if you had a girl exactly like Rit as a girlfriend/wife? And not only that but she's a BADASS so she could protect your 🏠 and any children you end up having lmao. Seriously this show is WAY better than I thought it'd be, I thought it was just going to be a rom/com with A shop backdrop when I first saw it since "quiet life" was in the title. Stupid people trying to take them away from the shop, let them be! Lol
Nov 3, 2021 10:13 AM
Oct 2010
Man, seeing the hero blessing animated out is just depressing, it was bad enough reading it. The system of blessings and how they can really force the recipient to act is just messed up. Looking forward to future developments though.

Rit and Red are progressing nicely, as it should be, the idiots trying to interfere should just explode.
Nov 3, 2021 10:13 AM
Nov 2019
Ruti should've not healed him after that punch other than that main girl and elf girl are both top tier waifus
Nov 3, 2021 10:32 AM
Jul 2021
I wasn’t too sure about Ruti’s character at first, but i think she’ll be pretty interesting. what a punch lmao, then she just heals him and leaves him traumatized. I underestimated how much I would be enjoying this show, it’s great. quite poggies
Nov 3, 2021 10:34 AM
Jul 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Seriously, if they created a super computer that was the BEST technology available but it's only job was to create a perfect Waifu, it would spit out Rit 10/10. She looks perfect, her personality is perfect, she's funny and sweet, and just a perfect character for Red and this anime. How happy would you guys be if you had a girl exactly like Rit as a girlfriend/wife? And not only that but she's a BADASS so she could protect your 🏠 and any children you end up having lmao. Seriously this show is WAY better than I thought it'd be, I thought it was just going to be a rom/com with A shop backdrop when I first saw it since "quiet life" was in the title. Stupid people trying to take them away from the shop, let them be! Lol
hell yea brother i had no idea what i was getting into when i started this, but i was not at all disappointed. god and Rit is literally the words wife and best girl as a character
Nov 3, 2021 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
Ritt is so damn cute. Idk, I kinda like the high elf even more tho. Something sexy about her.

The ending scene shook me a little ngl. Was not expecting Rutti to literally bunch a whole thru this dude. Probably the darkest scene of the show so far.
Nov 3, 2021 10:46 AM

Jun 2021
Rit and Red are pretty basic characters. Their relationship isn't particularly deep, and a lot of the footing comes from events in the past we only barely got to see. But BUT, it's such a good relationship. It's a breath of fresh air compared to other anime relationships, where one character just simps for another, or they blush and stammer and nothing happens, or one is a tsundere who acts like an asshole because that's just their role. But Rit and Red genuinely feel like an actual couple, and you can see how it grows over time.

Anyway, just wanted to say that. For a show that heavily features a romance, actually making it believable, unique and enjoyable is a surprisingly uncommon feat.
Nov 3, 2021 11:25 AM
May 2017
Probably my favorite episode of this to date. So the adventurers and thieves guild want Rit back and they went to average lengths to get it done. However, the primary focus of this was definitely the backstory; we definitely needed more of that.

Ruti is a damn savage killing Ares in cold blood lmao. It's funny now but this behavior will be concerning for her inevitable reunion with Gideon/Red. She's all but confirmed to be overly attached to him, and I assume she won't respect his life decisions that don't include her.

5/5

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShadowMonkeyNov 9, 2021 8:41 AM
Nov 3, 2021 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
that Ruti punch really came outta nowhere.. i honestly thought that she would be a lifeless character but that yandere twist.. DAMN..

Nov 3, 2021 11:38 AM
May 2014
ares is definitely up to something
damn, ruti went one punch man on ares
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2021 11:44 AM
Feb 2016
Damn Ruti just One Punched Ares
Nov 3, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2018
A lot of things have happend in this episode but the most suprising one was the end for sure. Rit got some kind of rival, Yarandrala, who's a pretty high elve but sadly, she doesn't fall in love with humans so it's a big W for Rit. On the other hand, Ruti is some kind of brocon yandere girl. Gotta watch out for her.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 3, 2021 12:17 PM
Sep 2015
The head of thieves guild, I believe he's an Orc, is hot!
Nov 3, 2021 12:54 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm considering Rit's rank within the guild a bigshot arriving to inquire about her sudden retirement was an eventuality. The fact that Rit has that much of an impact on the affairs of other groups shows well her strength at arms and the rep she worked hard to gain. Yarandrala was a pretty interesting character to bring into the narrative. The talk at the river though sure showed well why Red was so respected within the party. The insight into their shared past at the woods though did well to expand upon Ruti as well. Only when her brother is present will she show her softer side huh. Rits declaration sure was a bold one but i guess the simplicity of her current life is better than the stressful life of trying to live a life without messing up. Overall a nice mix of backstory and present situation that served to provide some nice expansion on Rit and Ruti's characters while laying the groundwork for future plots.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2021 1:22 PM

Nov 2016
Many animators can't draw nice asses for shit or they simply don't care.

And yeah, that imouto... Cute little thing hehe.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 3, 2021 1:23 PM

Jun 2021
Boy, this show sure loves to do flashbacks

Anyways, it was an OK episode. Some clarity on the relationship between Red and Ruti was nice.
Nov 3, 2021 1:25 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Rit has entered a life contract with Red at his shop xD. Just get married already. I thought Yarandrala would be Rit’s rival but when they were bathing together she reveals she doesn’t love him and that Rit would be great for Red.

If you guys haven’t already, please check out the game released for this series called Slow living with princess on steam btw. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Nov 3, 2021 1:54 PM
Sep 2021
So far I'm enjoying it. Definitely one of those slow anime with very little action but so far I'm enjoying it and the two MC's. I just feel like each episode is so short though. I need more of them.
Nov 3, 2021 2:45 PM
Mar 2021
Such a fulfilling episode. So much happened at a decent pace.
I was so happy that Yarandrala was a sexy wizened sage character rather than romantic rivals character - it worked out really well to find out Rit's true feelings.
Ruti knows. She f*cking knows. That backflash scene was so intense. I feel bad for her :( Duty first, hero :(
5/5 episode
SayonaraSuckasNov 3, 2021 3:00 PM
Nov 3, 2021 2:47 PM
Nov 2016
Oh wow, 60% of the episode was a worthless flashback again. Screw this show. Dropped
Nov 3, 2021 2:58 PM

Jul 2017
bruh at this rate Red and Rit are gonna end up having sex together and still act like they aren't dating lmao

also ngl if they're gonna play the "MC was kicked out of the hero's party because he wasn't good enough" card they could at least show him not being up to standard instead of having him be like the 2nd best behind the hero lol
Nov 3, 2021 3:12 PM
Nov 2017
TheHubrisofMan said:
astralkill00 said:
Same, here! I catch myself smiling and a bit giddy when watching Rit & Red's scenes. Their wholesome love is a nice respite from the stress & chaos IRL. :)

I think Rit has the cutest chibi mode ever hands down and she loves to eat Reds cooking
Nov 3, 2021 4:11 PM
Mar 2021
If rit and red aren't nominated for best couple in 2021 i'ma be mad, because they're so pure of sweetness i think i have diabetes.
Nov 3, 2021 4:46 PM

Nov 2011
I feel like im in Groundhog day with this anime. It's the same thing over and over again.

The animation is ass.

The characters and design are ass.

Idk how I made it this far.

This anime is trash.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 3, 2021 4:46 PM

Sep 2013
Ruti being OP, they skipped gideon being outside and ruti noticing him which is why she revived the guy.
Hero skill = demi god, not even a need to eat or sleep.
Nov 3, 2021 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
Quiet episode but this rhythm of episode is also very dull.
Nov 3, 2021 5:50 PM

Sep 2020
I was more surprised by Ruti's godly healing than by her torso shattering punches.
But really, everything Ares does is laughably idiotic.
Nov 3, 2021 5:52 PM

Nov 2017
Thats what all anime need after a short while,a nice slow slice of life episode to break things up a b- ,hang on,thats what this anime damn well is,a SOL!!!

and its still better than a lot of others out there :)
Nov 3, 2021 6:12 PM

May 2013
Even though the progression is slow... The interactions and emotions are really well animated. That punch at the end though... Crazy 👌

Nov 3, 2021 6:15 PM

Apr 2015
Is it just me or did they make Gideon more handsome for the anime? In the manga his face has more roudnness to it.
Nov 3, 2021 7:04 PM

Jun 2019
I didn't like this episode as much as the last one (which was probably my favorite of the five which have aired so far), because it was more plot-centric and focusing just on the overarching story told through flashbacks and the romance aspects.

I don't mind the flashbacks as used in this show, I think the main/central story is a good backdrop, and the romance adds some flavor, so no real major complaint, but I just don't like when it is the only and exclusive focus.

I think this show excels the best when it's more Slice of Life-oriented like its last episode rather than focusing too much on the Hero's Party and Red and Rit's past. Since they are decent, but not exceptionally well-developed compared to many similar series (since generic fantasy is a huge thing inside and outside of anime), so I'm really more into it for the more pure SoL episodes, atmosphere, and moments when it uses all of those elements as flavoring but doesn't try to put them front and center and stick too close to a narrative.

Still basically good/passable, but I wouldn't mind if the entire season and series was more like the previous episode. I don't mind if they alternate and strike a workable balance though.

Although I'm a sucker for even the brief Gideon/Red x Ruti moments in this episode.

WatchTillTandavaNov 3, 2021 7:28 PM
Nov 3, 2021 7:42 PM

Feb 2017
Other than the below average animation and the sometimes lackluster direction, is not a bad adaption of the manga (idk about the LN) VA's other that Ares's are pretty good, character designs: some are better in the manga while others look better or as good as in the manga.
But boi... the animation is so stiff to a point where reading it is better since the art is more detailed.
Nov 3, 2021 7:43 PM

Aug 2017
When the tsundere is self aware

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 3, 2021 8:14 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The first episode was certainly enjoyable. It presented a protagonist who was just chilling in a remote village and gathered herbs and medicinal plants from nearby forests and mountains, with the dream of one day opening a pharmacy in the fantasy world he was living in.

A few episodes later, it's more or less the same, but the typical generic anime side definitely has begun to show and be more prominent than the things they are trying which are new, which as far as I can tell, is merely a laid-back mc. While opening up a pharmacy is definitely something we probably haven't seen before, everything else, we have. The mc LOOKS generic and his character isn't anything interesting either, other than, again, he's a chill guy who sells medicine in a medieval fantasy world. And then we have the big chested waifus who seem to only be there for the sake of having big chests.

I initially thought I was in for a good time if nothing else. I am gullible when it comes to simply glancing at the top reviews. If I see reviews only giving 7 and above, I'm quick to judge that despite the low-ish overall score of 7.15, that it really is indeed a good time.

I'll be leaving this anime at this episode, but I hope the rest of you who are enjoying it, continue to enjoy it. See you around

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Jul 2014
That ending. I don't know where does Ares' confidence of "You're weak Gideon" comes from when Ruti can just punch a hole into him. Everyone is weak as hell when compared to Ruti, and if it's just combat it looks like she'd be just as good on her own.
Nov 3, 2021 10:37 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, Rit has the backing of the guilds, because she's too powerful of an adventurer to be let go of with her life spent with Red. And most certainty they will not let go of each other in any circumstances, so persistent. Still though, this "lifetime employment" is like a marriage proposal between both Red and Rit but with an amber bracelet instead of a ring lols. Everybody from the Adventurers to the Thieves' Guilds wants her back, while Rit herelf is ecstatic about living life with Red.

The backstory of the Hero's Party though, is something else. Gideon (back then) was the Hero Party's strategy guy, and Rit was getting all jealous over the Dryad High Elf Yarandrala fawning all over Gideon while Ruti is her usual Heroic deredere younger sister self. Still though, other than some nice fanservice of Rit and Yarandrala, the latter though has seen much worse and can't support his burden much.

Rit can be threatened enough (as such with the likes of Dir), but seeing Red, she is done with the whole adventuring process. Ares certainly took a "One Punch" blow from Ruti trying to understand why Gideon just left the party, and what a scary imouto Hero at that.

Kinda of a lackluster episode trying to weigh a lot of things at once.
Nov 4, 2021 1:48 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck Ruti, she's really rut(i)hless, Ares deserved that though and much more, but Ruti really do be scary. Ares should have been the one to get banished, damn useless schemer. I noticed Dir that bald dude in the episode that tried to blackmail Ruti was also in that mercenary group Ares hired.

Goddamnit, where's my scissors right now. Rit dodged a bullet with competition there, lucky for her Yarandrala is an elf, I really like her though. She's the reason Rit lost the tsun and just became a dere, Godbless her. I hope to see more of Yarandrala later on, I wanna see her reaction to Red and Rit living together. God, just get married already and give me even more diabetes. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 4, 2021 2:12 AM
Mar 2021
yeah, uh, Ruti is broke-brained. which is a pretty interesting take on The Hero. Ares really done fucked up, and worse, she can kill him and put him back together as much as she wants, probably. It seems like Ruti isn't sure whether Gideon is even alive.

it's interesting and very plausible that Rit's retirement from adventuring throws everyone for a loop.

anyway, this show isn't great or anything, but it alternates between being cute and having mildly interesting backstory enough to keep me watching. also, OP so soothing. there's something to be said for watching extremely mid shows weekly.
Nov 4, 2021 4:09 AM

Oct 2008
Looks like Rit is more dead set to be with Red no matter what consequences happens and not even her princess privileges would sway her away from Red...
4/5.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2021

149 by Zzz168 »»
Apr 15, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

75 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 8, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

81 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 7, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

88 by S-Lumiere »»
Apr 6, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

69 by AeriiKMilky »»
Jan 27, 12:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.