Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode looked like something out of a video game level. The green liquid, drama, adventurers trying to survive together...

Oh and can't forget about the gruesome monsters they encountered.
Sep 3, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2020
So they finally look like they're in an rpg, like a by the books rpg, with the colour scene even reflected such cliched tropes lol, but it was funny as it seemed like more of a parody than anything lol
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Sep 3, 2021 9:51 AM

Jun 2019
Well, the big main monster appeared with hoards of small monsters who are raiding the village, and the only ones who can save the villagers are the adventurers. Yotsuya managed to escape with Glenda from that prison.

The green slime stuff was quite scary. At least, the leader was sorry for his actions. And, they managed to escape from the village.
Sep 3, 2021 10:13 AM
Oct 2016
Just when things looked in the clear the heroes are out of the frying pan and into the fire. Something is definitely leading the monsters towards the village. Yotsuya is right they didn't just wander in out of nowhere, there's something bigger going on that caused this to happen. It might have to do with that settlement him and Glen found. But those goblins waiting in the trees to ambush the survivors doesn't look good. Torii punching the village chief did make me happy, losing experience be damned the guy deserved to be humbled. Losing his village and thus all his power should do the trick too. At least the heroes could save those kids so theres no game over yet. But obviously whatever threat is looming hasn't been resolved.
Sep 3, 2021 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
It's a good thing that Shindou and the others kinda knew their trouble in this small Zangroth village in a volcano's crater. But how everything was conceived of the situation, it was a mitigated disaster if not for the villagers' arrogance, and Torii wasn't buying all that BS and got demoted in the process. Where is thou justice though?

The supposed monster and its minions are here, but not before Yotsuya and Glenda managed to find their way out from the dungeon just like in an RPG. And also like an RPG, is the setting with the obvious video game like mechanics from the green liquid to NPCs losing their lives and monsters ravaging the small village to destruction to protecting the villagers to count it as mission success. But it's not over yet...

This was a weirdo kind of story for the plot that it's into.
Sep 3, 2021 10:56 AM
Sep 2015
This arc is more of physically challenging than morally challenging like previous arcs.
Sep 3, 2021 11:27 AM
Aug 2018
I'm trying not to be too negative here, but seriously... what the fuck happened to this series? S1 was like pretty decent, and we've had some OK episodes this season, but in general, it's been a disappointment. The story is not very engaging, the pacing of it is kind of off, and, most egregiously, the animation budget looks like it got slashed in half. I almost burst out laughing during the scene where Froc bit the finger of that other villager, that was so fucking bad. The fact that this show is at a 7 right now just cements the fact that weebs will watch whatever slop gets shit out as long as they can live vicariously through an anime and imagine starting over in an isekai. Not that we needed any more proof...

Come to think of it, the majority of the Summer '21 season has been surprisingly underwhelming. There was so much hype for so many shows, but the execution for most of them fell woefully short. I guess all we can do is hope Fall '21 is a little better.
Sep 3, 2021 11:37 AM

Sep 2018
Another week, another shitty episode. Again, cannot wait for this trash to be over and done with. It's almost comical that this show is STILL above a 7.
Sep 3, 2021 1:42 PM

Apr 2018
Typical RPG episode. The dragon who led the monsters into the village is something else. He'll be a difficult opponent. The heroes managed to save the kids but rest in peace for the village IG.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 3, 2021 1:53 PM
Aug 2018
I think it was the worst episode of this show.
I'm not one to notice usually when chara design are off but it seemed they were not even trying... especially in the beginning. I mean, right at the start, you know it's going to be bad. 4 hero just hanging on with no animation, no sound, no reaction... for several seconds...

Hero are also really stupid. The chief just betrayed them, they're not even gonna check on the little girl they left with two guards.

Then, the scene at the manor, with the folks trying to get to the chief and then attacking a child was just pathetic. I understand how rules can work in a small village (heck, we even got witch hunt in real life at one point), but it just feels that every single interaction was weird. Guards being beaten up by a little boy, then, the mother... and no reaction from Hero (except one after a very long time). Hero, right ? They don't have to hurt them, they can just immobilize them or something.
(well, this rule of not hurting human is really stupid anyway).

You know, if you actually wanted it to be good, Hero should have to try convince the villager to get rid of their superstition... but no, much better to destroy the village from an monster attack Hero have no chance of winning...

They manage to do an invasion scene with no tension, no sense of urgency... The whole village get destroy and everyone die but considering the reaction, you may believe Hero's group just went out for a picnic.

Honestly, it's like nothing was "human" in this episode. Character have no emotion whatsoever.

That's too bad because you could have really interesting episode with the same concept :
--> Hero trying to break through their custom... sympathizing with villager... so that the little girl can come back,
--> When hero finally manage to convince the villager, and the villager are supposed to be "free" of their belief and are ready to escape the ruling of their chief, then monster come up... villager blaming the heros and asking for forgiveness to the chief... Hero feeling lost and having to hurt villager to escape... losing level and making them unfit to fight the monster.

Yeah, right, action --> consequence. Basic concept...
I'm not pretending something I came up in one second would be the best thing ever... but at least it would be something. Because, what we got was a boring village, boring demon, boring chief and boring escape plan.
Rukodaime91Sep 3, 2021 1:58 PM
Sep 3, 2021 4:31 PM
Jan 2009
The writing is still bad like last episode, stuff happening in front of the heroes but they don't react, like the nonMC heroes essentially afk for most of the scene in front of the mansion. I suppose we're supposed to care about the guy being triggered by his past but it wasn't very compelling. Then Yotsuya analyzed the whole invasion situation in like 2 seconds. They could have had a more compelling town invasion scene but that whole scene in front of the mansion dragged out too long. I suppose it's all an unfortunate consequence of the alternate quest story being rejected for adaptation.
Sep 3, 2021 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Yuusuke's adventures with the other heroes had big strong opponents in the episode
Sep 3, 2021 9:18 PM

Oct 2016
Lanan mad sus. This arc definitely feels like such a downgrade compared to Jiffon island arc, cause I actually really enjoyed Jiffon. That preview scene at the end though, who was that lmao.
Sep 3, 2021 9:21 PM
Apr 2020
sKyBlazer08 said:
Lanan mad sus. This arc definitely feels like such a downgrade compared to Jiffon island arc, cause I actually really enjoyed Jiffon. That preview scene at the end though, who was that lmao.

I agree. This episode even made me think of dropping it.
Sep 3, 2021 10:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, looks like the previous dumb abduction and backstabbing from the chief village were a fruitless act. Since all the heroes effortlessly made a comeback for it without much sweating. So, for what the heck that shit meaning? Oh right, to show how scum that chief village is. The fact that they need to save him, for the sake of mission, and that little brat cute, Iris, leave me a certain bad taste on my mouth with the plotting. At least he got what he deserve, a good punch from Torii, even though its sacrifice a lot of experience. But, yeah, don't underestimate the hero rage! Also, that Kusue sarcastic tone and glance though. Nice little touch....

Its good seeing Jezby, Lanan and Froc survived too. Rip for Froc's mom. But, the survival trip looks like wasn't over. Cause some unknown goblins lurk under the trees. I may have a feeling they will fail the quest there and forcing them to do another other quest choice previously. But, with that way of plot progress, i'm not sure anymore....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 3, 2021 11:40 PM
Aug 2020
vardavarr said:
I'm trying not to be too negative here, but seriously... what the fuck happened to this series? S1 was like pretty decent, and we've had some OK episodes this season, but in general, it's been a disappointment. The story is not very engaging, the pacing of it is kind of off, and, most egregiously, the animation budget looks like it got slashed in half. I almost burst out laughing during the scene where Froc bit the finger of that other villager, that was so fucking bad. The fact that this show is at a 7 right now just cements the fact that weebs will watch whatever slop gets shit out as long as they can live vicariously through an anime and imagine starting over in an isekai. Not that we needed any more proof...

Come to think of it, the majority of the Summer '21 season has been surprisingly underwhelming. There was so much hype for so many shows, but the execution for most of them fell woefully short. I guess all we can do is hope Fall '21 is a little better.

We are now in filler territory, to people like me who watched shows like Naruto and Bleach were stuff like this was common we have grown numb to it.
Sep 4, 2021 12:09 AM
Mar 2021
after a few episodes in this arc is there any SUS that will be revealed again?
Sep 4, 2021 7:35 AM

Feb 2015
This show just isn't very good. The first season wasn't that bad but with rime skips and more bland characters added season 2 has been really underwhelming. I'm just waiting for it to end.
Sep 4, 2021 7:55 AM

Jun 2016
Got to say, this was a hard episode to watch. Something about the execution is just wrong.

Sep 4, 2021 10:14 AM

Oct 2010
I think director lost both hands and now his 4 y.o. son is doing names while being read the story.
Sep 4, 2021 10:36 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Okay-ish episode i guess, not too hyped for this arc tbh

smoochie smoochie

Sep 4, 2021 1:42 PM
Aug 2018
KingGarland said:
[
We are now in filler territory, to people like me who watched shows like Naruto and Bleach were stuff like this was common we have grown numb to it.

Honestly, what's the point of doing a S2 if almost half is filler ? It doesn't make sense. If the "real" arc was too long, then, animate some and end up with a cliffhanger for S3 or finish with OVA.

Filler are meant for real big serie which catch up with the manga or maybe one episode because you need to have 12 episode.

And if the goal of the anime is to promote the manga, then, doing filler is not a good idea. It's going to confuse most people and if the anime is "bad", they will not pick up the manga.
Sep 4, 2021 4:01 PM

Dec 2016
Rukodaime91 said:
KingGarland said:
[

Honestly, what's the point of doing a S2 if almost half is filler ? It doesn't make sense. If the "real" arc was too long, then, animate some and end up with a cliffhanger for S3 or finish with OVA.

Filler are meant for real big serie which catch up with the manga or maybe one episode because you need to have 12 episode.

And if the goal of the anime is to promote the manga, then, doing filler is not a good idea. It's going to confuse most people and if the anime is "bad", they will not pick up the manga.

Maybe there are no plans for season 3, so they didn't wanted to make eternal cliffhanger?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 4, 2021 9:04 PM

Nov 2012
Looks like Lanan is controlling the monsters. The village destroyed his family so he destroyed the village. That, or he's also being controlled.
Sep 4, 2021 10:09 PM
May 2020
Who is our mc-kun(Yotsuya) will end up with??
Is it Lu Shindo or not??
Sep 4, 2021 10:26 PM

Oct 2008
oh no! Ambush is imminent! let's hope the heroes protect them or else quest is incomplete therefore game over!
4/5.

Sep 5, 2021 12:04 PM
Aug 2018
KingGarland said:
vardavarr said:

I mean, I didn't read the LN/manga/whatever the source material is, but I don't really think that explains it--I watched the first hundred or so episodes of Bleach and I watched EVERY filler arc in Naruto except the last one, and those at least looked good (for the most part lmao) and were executed well.

This entire season 2 has been bad, not just the most recent episodes.
Sep 6, 2021 2:13 AM

Nov 2012
too messed up, like the poor build for all the characters were gone, its sad

My Candies:

Sep 12, 2021 7:08 AM

Mar 2010
Lol wtf that was a entire army... they really had no chance, good to see them have to run, tis a good turn of events.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 16, 2021 7:25 PM

Jan 2019
Many monsters, more catastrophes and the Village is destroyed. In fact, I expected this...
I don't know if that's a good thing, but the anime is slow to finish the season. Can the show handle it?
Sep 23, 2021 3:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course they managed to escape so easily from the jail, the mayor is stupid... the situation of the village is really bad with all these monsters, not really interesting for this arc so far
Oct 2, 2021 1:12 PM

Jul 2015
Torii may be brainless but respect to him for giving that old fart some beatings at the cost of his exp. Too bad the majority of the village has been wiped out with the exception of the innocent kids and sadly also that old fart village chief and his annoying granddaughter.

Jan 31, 2022 12:42 AM

Mar 2013
I think Jezby's CV is somehow familiar. Her voice is really good. I like it.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 18, 2023 6:59 AM

Dec 2012
Wasn't quite as fond of this episode. The interactions of the villagers felt stiff and there wasn't really a sense of urgency during the monster invasion. Regardless, this turn of events definitely flipped the script. It does a decent job at portraying the irony of a village chief who abused his power to make ends meet, only to see it all fall apart anyway.

Now I'm more certain that a key piece of this scenario lies with the boy being able to speak again.
Feb 20, 1:26 AM
Dec 2015
it feels like the monsters are here to kill the village head

More topics from this board

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

65 by bpleshek »»
Jan 1, 7:19 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

41 by DebiPS »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2021

75 by dhell26 »»
Oct 5, 2023 7:17 PM

» This is konosuba if it took itself seriously.

xsilicon9 - Aug 23, 2023

9 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:08 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2021

48 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 20, 2023 10:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.