Forum Settings
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 13, 2021 1:50 AM

Jul 2020
We've seen always teach us about the power of friendship and teamwork but this one tells you that whatever happens you should have that pride inside the field that you're the best player there that will devour your enemies and devour your teammates. That's what Blue Lock is. This is basically Soccer Battle Royale.
So this Anime isn't for hardcore football fans. If you're passionate about Football you may get offended by how Football is portrayed in the Anime so be cautious before watching it.
This is my favorite series so I'll enjoy it regardless.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 13, 2021 3:37 AM

Nov 2020
From a hardcore football fan’s perspective I still really enjoy it. I think rather than just hardcore fans on the whole, it would be just the stubborn ones who don’t acknowledge other ppl’s theories (Muneyuki in this case) about football. Ofcourse lots of football fans are gna have a problem with how many scenes are overrexaggerated but that’s just part of creating a good sports manga and as long as the reader doesn’t take it too seriously it’s fine. Plus that part of it adds to the manga as a whole, without the OTT scenes certain hype moments would be erased and it would lose a bit of its uniqueness. (Just realised half of what I’m saying doesn’t even address what ur talking about 😂 just stating my opinions cos I think this is a good discussion)
Aug 14, 2021 3:50 AM

Jul 2017
you know as ex football player power of friendship is nothing, the real thing is teamwork and hard working how you can play great football i experience that.

people can't agree because they think this is will be like the previous series with highschool boy slice of life and want to win the national tournament. they enjoyed and wants more series like that, can't agree with new setting sports series because it's not they favorite series with normal setting.

if many football hardcore can't agree the can watch the ao ashi or giant killing thats good sport series too with good setting not like average sport anime. they always have choice what the series want they follow if they don't like Blue Lock don't follow it, if they still follow that means she/he is have interest with Blue Lock.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Aug 14, 2021 5:00 AM
Dec 2017
That can also be said for anything in general really not everything is for everyone.

Aug 14, 2021 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
For sure some may hate it and love. It depends.
Aug 15, 2021 12:01 AM

Jan 2018
Yeah yeah what a deep post
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Aug 15, 2021 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
It's almost as if that applies to every single anime ever made.
Aug 27, 2021 1:32 AM

Oct 2020
As a football fan my problem with Blue Lock is the way they portrait the sport and not the ''power of friendship'' bullshit, I played football for 8 years and now i play futsal, I know what is important on the field.

What really turns me off is the ''striker is the most important'' mentality, thats just not true at all.

I still read and enjoy, but only because i decided to focus on the story and not on the sport itself. Just to end this i think its a bit stupid that they are on a striker program but some of them dont even get the chance to play up front, im on chapter 115 and i already know who are the 3 or 4 candidates to win the program, its actually the mc but lets pretend we dont know that yet
Sep 1, 2021 11:33 AM
Dec 2020
I am a hardcore football fan and I like the story + I think it is very realistic. True football fans know that majority of forwards are egoists, especially the center forwards.
Oct 23, 2021 9:06 PM

Aug 2016
have you actually played football soccer or any team sport to say Blue lock isnt for everyone? how do you know if every sport fan thinks the same?
:v
Dec 15, 2021 8:50 PM
May 2021
For me, there are some improvements that helped me playing football a lot when reading Blue Lock.
1.) Inspiration
Isagi Yoichi: Determination to win in football, develop my vision, reflexes and positioning in the game.
Bachira Meguru: Since I'm a street footballer, it helps me to love practicing street football skills and playing street football. Rabona, Flickups, Elastico (also known as flip flap or Akka in Street Football terms), 360 Roulette, and Rainbow are my favorite tricks to use.
2.) Philosophies
Sometimes I read the Art of War by Sun Tzu and I have it in my room. The only thing I learn is most of tactics go in different ways but the only primary goal is to win yourself in any situation. Knowing yourself and your enemy which surely makes you victorious in countless battles is much better. In Blue Lock, understanding your strengths and weaknesses could make yourself be adaptable to the enemy and win over the enemy. They have the same nature. Perseverance is not enough. Victory must be inside of it.
3.) Terms
The only term that makes me interested is the term "Second Ball", which the ball bounces on any parts of the goalposts or the goalkeeper or any player in the field. Which help me understand much more about approaching the ball.
4.) Flow and Ego (Confidence)
Well when I play, I feel more focus and excitement when I'm in front of people watching over me and I'm performing street football tricks while dribbling, which my flow focuses on showing my street football skills for entertaining people. But also, I love to have fun scoring goals in stylish way, so that it would not be boring. I feel happiness when I'm doing it especially if my opponent was a High Schooler or the same level in me as a College student. To me, football is not just only a game, but is also an art.
To sum it all up,
My playing style was there. That is: "To win in any game situations with such an entertaining football play and more lots of goals.
Jan 20, 2022 10:41 AM

Oct 2020
I agree, this isnt for football fans, the way they represent the sports is very bad. Other than the sports aspect its actually a good manga
Jan 20, 2022 10:55 AM

Oct 2020
mangahua said:
For me, there are some improvements that helped me playing football a lot when reading Blue Lock.
1.) Inspiration
Isagi Yoichi: Determination to win in football, develop my vision, reflexes and positioning in the game.
Bachira Meguru: Since I'm a street footballer, it helps me to love practicing street football skills and playing street football. Rabona, Flickups, Elastico (also known as flip flap or Akka in Street Football terms), 360 Roulette, and Rainbow are my favorite tricks to use.
2.) Philosophies
Sometimes I read the Art of War by Sun Tzu and I have it in my room. The only thing I learn is most of tactics go in different ways but the only primary goal is to win yourself in any situation. Knowing yourself and your enemy which surely makes you victorious in countless battles is much better. In Blue Lock, understanding your strengths and weaknesses could make yourself be adaptable to the enemy and win over the enemy. They have the same nature. Perseverance is not enough. Victory must be inside of it.
3.) Terms
The only term that makes me interested is the term "Second Ball", which the ball bounces on any parts of the goalposts or the goalkeeper or any player in the field. Which help me understand much more about approaching the ball.
4.) Flow and Ego (Confidence)
Well when I play, I feel more focus and excitement when I'm in front of people watching over me and I'm performing street football tricks while dribbling, which my flow focuses on showing my street football skills for entertaining people. But also, I love to have fun scoring goals in stylish way, so that it would not be boring. I feel happiness when I'm doing it especially if my opponent was a High Schooler or the same level in me as a College student. To me, football is not just only a game, but is also an art.
To sum it all up,
My playing style was there. That is: "To win in any game situations with such an entertaining football play and more lots of goals.
Bro i dont want to insult you or anything but this was one of the cringiest things ive read in a long time, imagine needing a manga to understand what a rebound/"second ball" is and its importance.
Jan 20, 2022 2:30 PM

Jul 2017
Craaaazy said:
I know that's not the thread for this, but since we're talking about football and manga.... What would be the best football manga with realistic setup? I heard about Killing Giants. Is it good?
Yeah Giant Killing ,Ao Ashi and Be Blues the other option for football fans maybe you can enjoy days too but if you ask me I will tell you try Giant Killing and Ao Ashi. But if you want some interesting shounen Sport manga give Blue Lock try, I don't know maybe you will disappointed or like it but for me as fan of football it self I still Love it.

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 20, 2022 3:14 PM

Jul 2017
DinoPapiro said:
I agree, this isnt for football fans, the way they represent the sports is very bad. Other than the sports aspect its actually a good manga
I agree with you, Blue Lock really bad at represent football it self but let's look closer. Blue Lock is a Manga/Anime with genre sport, Manga and Anime is just for entertaiment. for mangaka who wrote Manga they have some idea that they wanna convey to other people who read their manga, maybe their idea is something impossible to do in real life so mangaka convey their idea to manga/anime as a media and here in Blue Lock The writer want tell to their reader a striker must egoist have a big desire to create a goal because a striker who take a responsibility. maybe i exaggerating to this, but for me Blue Lock is Sport manga with Ideology/Philosophies that everyone can agree or disagree. But if you talk to me "but this series really bad they even not talk how the basic technique of football sport it is" , (this answer just come to my mind so you can disagree) the setting for Blue Lock is too high they want to win a World Cup even at Chapter 1 they say in Monologue " 300 talented striker " so with that words we can assume they all know how the basic it is. (that all just my opinion feel free to agree or disagree not to force to agree in here).

Jan 21, 2022 4:18 AM

Jul 2021
honestly it would be really cool if the football system irl is actually the same with blue lock
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 21, 2022 5:13 AM

Aug 2017
Can I enjoy Blue Lock if I don't like soccer so much?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 21, 2022 6:15 AM

Jul 2017
Nurguburu said:
Can I enjoy Blue Lock if I don't like soccer so much?
can't guarantee you will like it, if you okay with edgy things just give a try.

Jun 25, 2022 7:44 PM
Jun 2019
DinoPapiro said:

What really turns me off is the ''striker is the most important'' mentality, thats just not true at all.

Yes! I never cared about players being egotistic and the friendship and teamwork stuff, that's just how people work, but the sport itself. I could be exaggerating but I had a stroke reading the very first two pages on chapter 1, shows no ball understanding and it's just straight up bs.
I understand what you say about focusing on the story and not the sport, but imo those two aspects are tied to each other, if it's portrayed with a idea that's that poor, it doesn't work for me, and the fact that the story is not even that great doesn't help either.
Jun 26, 2022 6:38 PM

Sep 2020
DinoPapiro said:
im on chapter 115 and i already know who are the 3 or 4 candidates to win the program, its actually the mc but lets pretend we dont know that yet
No shit. You really thought you did something there. Of course, the mc is going to be one of the main contenders because of the simple fact that he's the mc. I mean we've had hundreds of chapters to develop this player, it'd be weird if he wasn't one of the contenders. It's not about what happens, it's about how it happens. It's about the trials and the difficulties that Isagi will go through to get there. It's about how he's clawed his way from being one of the lowest-rated players right at the start of the program to being able to keep up with the best. You could make this "MC always wins" criticism in literally 90% of anime and manga so it becomes less of a criticism and more of something that you just have to look past because it's prevalent anywhere.
samsince04Jun 26, 2022 6:44 PM

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 27, 2022 12:49 AM

Oct 2020
samsince04 said:
DinoPapiro said:
im on chapter 115 and i already know who are the 3 or 4 candidates to win the program, its actually the mc but lets pretend we dont know that yet
No shit. You really thought you did something there. Of course, the mc is going to be one of the main contenders because of the simple fact that he's the mc. I mean we've had hundreds of chapters to develop this player, it'd be weird if he wasn't one of the contenders. It's not about what happens, it's about how it happens. It's about the trials and the difficulties that Isagi will go through to get there. It's about how he's clawed his way from being one of the lowest-rated players right at the start of the program to being able to keep up with the best. You could make this "MC always wins" criticism in literally 90% of anime and manga so it becomes less of a criticism and more of something that you just have to look past because it's prevalent anywhere.
If you tried hard enough you would understand the point of my sentence. What I meant was that for something "refreshing and never seen before" in a sports manga this is extremely predictable and very bland most of the time, and of course the main issue which is the way they present the sport. I saw a YouTube video of an American reviewing the manga and comparing it to real life and my guy knew 0 aboutt the sport, all his knowledge came from Blue Lock...

In haikyuu many things are predictable but the way the are present and the story that comes along with it makes it great, Blue Lock is just not it
Jun 27, 2022 12:51 AM

Oct 2020
samsince04 said:
DinoPapiro said:
i forgot to add this, tell me one of isagi true struggles that lasted more than 3 chapters, keep in mind I'm on 115 tho
Jul 5, 2022 3:53 AM

Apr 2018
its just an avg edgy manga, its not that deep
Jul 5, 2022 4:09 AM

Aug 2018
I disagree, if you are looking for a show that goes into the intricacies of football then obviously this isn't it but saying this isn't for hardcore football fans is just wrong
_______I like rocks__
Jul 10, 2022 6:47 AM

Feb 2021
I like sports series so I hope I like Blue Lock too.
Jul 24, 2022 3:43 AM

Dec 2016
DinoPapiro said:
samsince04 said:
i forgot to add this, tell me one of isagi true struggles that lasted more than 3 chapters, keep in mind I'm on 115 tho

That's something that bothers me too, but to me the main thing is that Isagi would be way better as an MF rather than Striker. I genuinely think that it could be improved if he gave up on that. But something that I have to disagree on you is that it's not really realistic. I've played Futsal for 5 years and I agree that some ideas there are overexaggerated, but you gotta know that the context of the manga is kind of how the creator feels about Japan's soccer. They've never really aced in it, whilst the female football team has won one World Cup, Japan's male team haven't, and the creator, apparently, thinks it's due to them not having an amazing attack. Surely they've had Honda or few some others, but nothing that really was amazing like Pelé (I agree that it's somewhat ironic that the best strikers nowadays are cr7 and messi and they don't have a WC, but we have to turn a blind eye on some stuff lollol). Also, I think it has improved on the mentality "focus on striker" because on the games in recent chapters you can see how much each player and each position is valued, what Ego truly meant is just that the striker should be focused on scoring because he should trust on other players to set up for them. Yes, I do agree that some stuff are dumb (like stealing the ball from ur teammates), but I don't think Blue Lock is still on the phase of "bad representation of football". I think it has gotten better throughout the development of the manga. Also, just to tackle what you said bc I went a bit on a sideway haha, I think that Blue Lock is very formulaic and most of the time finishes with a really cool goal to impact the viewer on every chapter and that's somewhat negative, nonetheless I still find it very enjoyable. Whilst my biggest problem is Isagi, I won't stop thinking he is a cool character, I just think the writer should get a better path for him instead of trying to make him the best striker bc we end in situations like those.
Aug 13, 2022 5:24 PM

Jul 2019
DinoPapiro said:
As a football fan my problem with Blue Lock is the way they portrait the sport and not the ''power of friendship'' bullshit, I played football for 8 years and now i play futsal, I know what is important on the field.

I still read and enjoy, but only because i decided to focus on the story and not on the sport itself. Just to end this i think its a bit stupid that they are on a striker program but some of them dont even get the chance to play up front, im on chapter 115 and i already know who are the 3 or 4 candidates to win the program, its actually the mc but lets pretend we dont know that yet

Couldn't agree more. This manga's priority about pride and crap just gets old.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 17, 2022 4:19 PM
Sep 2021
Football fans here, and I view this series as action, not a football manga. Nothing realistic from this series, maybe few. Power of friendship really important in football. Look at Manchester United, they have strong squad but their locker room, their nakama power, are suck. Now back to Blue Lock, so far im still enjoying it, though this current arc feels lame to me.

Well, the only thing I hate from this manga is the habit of all striker to drop and act like World Greatest Defender in their defensive line. Fck, thats not how striker defend.
Oct 9, 2022 2:32 PM

Nov 2014
I actually do think blue lock is for everyone. People who hate how soccer is portrayed in this (the egotism) haven't read enough or paid enough attention to understand the deeper meaning behind it. It's not saying "there's zero need for teamwork. Everyone just needs to focus on scoring goals themselves" as some may have thought. The manga showed us countless times of characters working together, devising a plan out of their individual weapons/abilities, playing different roles aka defense and gk, and actually passing the ball (rather than hogging it to score the goal yourself) in order to take down a difficult opponent. You need ego to shoot, but just ego isn't enough to win a game. Figuring out HOW to use your ego and everyone else's to your advantage is the key and what this manga wants to show.
Nov 8, 2022 6:56 AM
Mar 2021
DinoPapiro said:

TBF from my experience in football there always felt like there was that stigma, as much as the striker wasnt most important they were certainly treated like they were. As someone who played defence i felt this heavily and thought it was kind of funny seeing the love for strikers carry over to here
Nov 22, 2022 4:13 AM
Nov 2022
Now I didn't stick around much to see how much improvement there is in this anime, right after my first episode I really had to Google if the artist have any idea what football is.

Now I do agree power of friendship is bullshit at least for most of the time (there are quite a few exceptions) but teamwork and "all we need is a striker to win world cup" is sham

Literally two of the greatest striker this beautiful game has ever had haven't win the world Cup like that literally defeats the whole purpose of the animations but whatever.

Being egotistical (in the amines sense) is a plus sometimes but seriously it's a minus 7/10 shooting when your teammate has a clear chance at goal isn't egotistical it's stupidity (except if that teammates is really useless but well) if I'm a coach and I have someone like that on my team I'll bench his stupid ass.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Chapter 259 Discussion

deg - Apr 22

21 by deg »»
Yesterday, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Chapter 97 Discussion

Phloup - Aug 26, 2020

9 by FPhanm »»
Apr 24, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Chapter 258 Discussion

deg - Apr 15

14 by BumbleBeez »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Chapter 257 Discussion

deg - Apr 8

17 by BumbleBeez »»
Apr 22, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Chapter 256 Discussion

deg - Mar 25

13 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 8, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.