Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 9, 2021 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Rio has a harem and it shows. Not even joking, he literally has his group of girls with him on adventures now.

Out of all the girls this episode, it seems Latifa got the most screen time. Rio himself got to flex and show off his skills again as usual. It seems all those years of training paid off, big time.
Aug 9, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
The Spirits People arc continues with the festival night..amd apparently during the year-long affair that both Rio and Latifa resided in, he's gained the harem sister magnet, no question. But Rio's time is shortlived between him and Latifa, and he has to depart soon without her.

Sure enough, Reiss doesn't thnk highly of Charles, and uses all the excuses he can to get rid of him easily (the reference with Episode 1's ingested artifact), starting with the wyvern egg...which coincidentally Latifa bawled in an outcry towards the egg's location, along with the spirits village sensing danger ahead with the flock. Sending everyone in a frenzy, but Rio clears it easily like it was nothing. Action tropes to the rescue once again!

The reveal that Latifa is also a reincarnated being should be known by now: the little sister character. And Rio departs on his own journey to the Yagumo Region...bearing everything he is to like Kirito in form and figure.
Aug 9, 2021 11:12 AM

Apr 2018
This anime has a lot of timeskips. Only a year this time.
And damn, he got a whole new harem.

And the villian appears again. Idk what his maingoal is. But this time, he had to steal some wyvern eggs. They're probably worth a lot.

Rio defeating the wvyern with just a few attacks was very overpowered.
Can't complain, it's your typical overpowered mc.

Latifa and Rio finally told each other where they're from. I expected a different reaction.

And finally, he's leaving. And Rio's getting a massive amount of items. Most of them are useful. The ''Kirito'' back in the end xD
SideCharacterKalAug 9, 2021 11:15 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 9, 2021 11:56 AM

Jun 2019
Wyverns are here for their egg and the egg-stealing guy got his chance to steal all of them in the meantime. Rio told Latifa about his leaving the village soon but she wants to tag along which led her into the danger zone but thanks to Rio, she's safe. Rio is OP AF as expected. He saved the village and he's winning from every side.

Yeah, no wonder you both Isekai'd into this place, you guys are Japanese in the first place. LOL. And, off he goes on his journey with that Kirito look. Dayumm... Ain't nothing stopping this guy anymore.
Aug 9, 2021 11:58 AM

Feb 2019
Don’t really feel bad for the dude who got tricked into taking the wyvern egg, common sense should’ve told you that wasn’t a good idea.

Was pretty hard to watch Latifa and Rio split up. Every time we meet a best girl in this series, they’re gone after a few eps. Hopefully we see her again soon :/

Japanese character designers not even trying to hide the Kirito rip offs anymore lmao like cmon, that jacket and sword??

Lastly, I’m thinking based on the OP that all of the reincarnations are somehow related. Looks like Latifa and Rio passed each other on a bus in Japan. Wonder how the others will factor in
Aug 9, 2021 12:17 PM
Feb 2021
Kirito-kun, is that you?
Aug 9, 2021 12:22 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Haha he just flies away at the end. He is just really good at everything. But i like it, he is really friendly and cares for other people.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 9, 2021 12:23 PM
Feb 2021
Did they really carry that egg for 1 year what a weird time skip.
Aug 9, 2021 12:30 PM

Jul 2017
The timeskips in this series feel so oddly placed and executed to say the least.
Aug 9, 2021 12:44 PM
Jul 2019
In the end they never capture the real bad guy who had those wyverns attack their village.
Aug 9, 2021 12:47 PM

Jan 2021
Another year? I'm not surprised, they were able to jump 4 years out of nowhere hshshasfd

Did they really carry that fcking egg for a year? 😂
I know you're nervous, but eat this 100% not suspicious stuff and you'll be fine 👍

Pleaseeeee nerf him, he's too broken... xd
In case you're not strong enough, we'll give you a Doraemon pocket
Aug 9, 2021 1:04 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Probably the least favorite of the episodes so far.
1. The harem.......the drunken pack was a bit disappointing but not as bad as some

2. Latifa ...... she is sort of the whining little sister that pops up in a lot of anime, at least she will be gone for a while

Other than that, it was a nice episode. MC gets to go all Alpha, gets some nice parting gifts just like The Price is Right contestants, and still shows to be a generally nice and mature MC. Not too shabby!
Aug 9, 2021 1:06 PM
Aug 2018
#True story : This anime is just a teaser for the movie Sword Art Online Progressive.

(but really, I don't understand why they do so much timeskip).

I really though Latifa would end up coming with him... the fight with the dragon making him realize she could be in danger even in the village.
Aug 9, 2021 1:12 PM
Jul 2021
Love it so much that I couldn't find any word for it
Aug 9, 2021 1:20 PM
May 2021
Kirito 2.0 confirmed 🤣
Aug 9, 2021 1:24 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, I feel so bad for the wyvern...
Imagine someone breaks into your house, kidnaps your little baby, you decide to pursue them to save it and after you witness it's death and are grief-stricken you're murdered by some random weirdo for absolutely no reason at all...
And then is your body desecrated and used as clothes for the guy who killed you.

Aug 9, 2021 1:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ok seriously this is a 100% Kirito look hahaha
Too bad he's leaving, I wanted to see more of Latifa :/ but well his adventure continues
Aug 9, 2021 1:37 PM

Apr 2021
Idk why I thought Rio was a good mc he's so dull.
Aug 9, 2021 1:38 PM
Jul 2021
Guess it's time for me to drop this. It's annoying enough MC just has a harem of cute animal-eared girls with no personality traits for no reason, but the MC himself continues to have no personality despite having two or fused souls, which is inexcusable. This is almost as bad as Kenja no Mago now; very disappointing it had to turn out this way after a decent if clunky first episode.
Aug 9, 2021 1:47 PM

Sep 2019
Noooooooooo don’t leave your imouto :(:(:(:(:(
I liked the black wyvern fight
Aug 9, 2021 1:48 PM
Jul 2021
Lol, Rio has a harem and it shows. Not even joking, he literally has his group of girls with him on adventures now.

Out of all the girls this episode, it seems Latifa got the most screen time. Rio himself got to flex and show off his skills again as usual. It seems all those years of training paid off, big time. [/quote]

What do mean he has a group of girls? He just left them all behind? Seriously it's kind of annoying because this is listed as a Harem but for the first 4 episodes he didn't have a Harem then he got a little sister, and now he has no girls at all? I was sure they would go with him but of course not, it's so stupid(at least to me). Honestly yeah for the Harem it needs to be 3 girls bit I would have been fine if he brought Latifa with him because I actually like the character and she's strong too. I wanted him to train her up and be his companion to add some personality to the show. Even though I do love Isekai and I like the show, he has a ridiculously bland and boring personality so having the girls around him would help offset that. But with him now on his own I am less excited for what's coming than I have been. Like I really liked Him and Celia's relationship, but then they took that away from us, then he gets Latifa and they take that away from us and it's back to boring Rio. Kinda reminds me of Detective is Already Dead, they tease this great relationship and then it's gone in the first episode replaced by much less appealing and boring characters.
Aug 9, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2015
The demi-humans are suddenly only speaking human language now (Japanese), what happend to their previous reversed Japanese isekai language?

Anyway, everything felt underwhelming for me, to the point that I procrastinated a lot this episode.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 9, 2021 2:13 PM

Mar 2013
While I do think Rio has a similar voice with another character from SAO, Rio is Rio. Don't make my Rio disappear or replaced by some other characters like that! >.<

I really dislike the time leap but I can't really hate the author for it. First of all, it was the MC's training of the Spirit Arts and the life of living with Latifa. While I do want or need the "slice of life in another world", it would become a different story, I think... and so they focused more into other things, like the MC.

When Latifa cried and ran, it was good enough that it was cute and bratty of her in a cute way but when I compared it from the Manga at that scene, it was actually tear jerking so the animation for this episode wasn't bad. Some of the (they called it execution, right?) execution wasn't natural, the emphasis on every action wasn't emphasized greatly like I hoped it would be.

Despite that, the animation of Rio and Latifa discussing things thoroughly is great. The scene where they talked about being from Japan was okay but I remembered there were more things that they talked about in the manga or confessed to each other about but maybe I'm wrong about this and it was for the next episodes. If it wasn't animated, it will probably be animated for the next episodes to not spoil the story that much even if its obvious to some people, the knowledge of the characters is still not updated that Rio is Haruto. It still isn't the time for that, I think...

Overall, Latifa was cute enough to satisfy me and at the end, Celia was animated and I really miss her character... >.<

Stink_Bug said:
Guess it's time for me to drop this. It's annoying enough MC just has a harem of cute animal-eared girls with no personality traits for no reason, but the MC himself continues to have no personality despite having two or fused souls, which is inexcusable. This is almost as bad as Kenja no Mago now; very disappointing it had to turn out this way after a decent if clunky first episode.

Uhh what? How can you say Rio or the MC has a harem? Did they kiss him and do dirty things? They didn't. And Rio didn't have any pervy thoughts like some harem anime out there and was still respectful to other characters.
No personality? Are you really watching this? Try reading the Manga or LN! (Is like I would like to say, but I won't. :D) or you simply didn't understand Rio's personality at the moment.

DKDiabloLicht said:

Like I would believe this when I watched the episode very clearly. He left without anyone accompanying him. :v
CrazyButNot4UAug 9, 2021 2:19 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 9, 2021 2:30 PM
Jul 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:

Like I would believe this when I watched the episode very clearly. He left without anyone accompanying him. :v[/quote]

Yeah I was quoting someone else on that line, I don't understand why people are calling it Harem when he had one off screen for a year and on screen for one episode maybe? I don't understand why he left all of them behind. At least take Latifa with you to offset your boring personality. I am seriously ALL about an OP MC, like Misfit of Demon King Academy, it's soo refreshing to know that the MC isn't some simp who's going to get bullied or buckle for stupid reasons. But now it's just him, why do they keep putting girls with him(one that I really liked in Celia, and I liked the companion in Latifa) just to have him be alone and boring again.
Aug 9, 2021 2:50 PM

May 2018
nice fights this episode. Sayonara all of the top tier loli waifus and welcome the East regions
Aug 9, 2021 2:58 PM

Apr 2015
I know Western stories do it too, but Japanese storytellers are really the Champions: Never elaborate. Tell as little as you can to placate the person you're talking to, no matter how much you love and trust them. To Hell if they might die from lack of info.

Honestly, I'm just venting. I really like this anime. I think it's doing a good job and it's a lot of fun! It's just that I love when there's a REAL REASON to keep something on the DL, rather than "culture" or "plot".
Aug 9, 2021 3:17 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah, telling Latifa that you're going to leave the village some day was never going to go down well. At least she did accept it in the end though.

The wyvern battle was actually pretty good. I enjoyed that. I wonder what that shady dude is going to use that many eggs for. Most definitely not an omelet.

Only a little bit of Celia this episode, but even if it's just a little, I welcome every second of it!!
Aug 9, 2021 4:42 PM

Jul 2016
lol the story continues to not make any sense, Somehow "stay for a while" turned into a whole year, wut? And literally nothing changed (except latifas char design) literally, the story continues exactly where it left off, were those goons literally flying through a forest kiting a flock of wyverns for a year??
And at the very end the show unashamedly drops the facade revealing that the mc was as we already knew ki-rio-to after all, as he walk into the distance leaving behind a trail of woman with their panties around their ankles, as though he were an isekai knight rider

How is this still above a 7....
almightydingusAug 9, 2021 4:48 PM
Aug 9, 2021 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
Rio going on a new journey I have great expectations for all of this, Latifa she told Rio,about being from another world it was even cool.
Aug 9, 2021 5:19 PM

Jun 2021
Probably the last episode for me.

Literally nothing happened this episode. Jobber gets killed and Kirito is super strong.

I'm guessing the scene where Latifa confesses to Kirito that she was isekai-ed from Japan is suppose to the climax of this arc, but that was confirmed 2 episodes ago, so it felt super unnecessary at this point.

Aug 9, 2021 6:42 PM

Jan 2021
I'm going to assume that we got the time skip last episode, but it wasn't brought to our attention until this episode.

Aug 9, 2021 8:15 PM
May 2021
The boss when you fight her and the boss when you unlock her as playable character
Aug 9, 2021 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
And so Kirito...i mean Rio, began his journey xD
I do feel bad for Latifa and the whole fact that he only told her now.

I do hope we will have a happy ending to this triangle.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 10, 2021 3:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, yes, the black dragon finally attacked the village. That black hoody man really used his brain pretty well done, using that stupid guy as a bait to lead all of the wyvern into those demi-humans village. Easy peasy egg scavenge hunt for him at the end. I wonder why he collect all of that? Ofc for his collection, duh....

Ah, yes, Rio in black suit and sword (sadly no dual) finally left the village. He need one exact year before ready to continue his journey to the land of promise. Weird that no one was after him. But, its actually good, even though half of it kinda sad. Because once again cute girls left him alone just like that. But, well, after defeating the dragon, having all of those great supplies, even a space-time storage on his hands, i wonder who can stop him. Lets see what next girls he get when visiting his motherland....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 10, 2021 4:11 AM

Oct 2016
Rio has finally evolved into Kirioto, I wonder when he'll reach white haired Kirioto. Good episode, Rio clapped some wyvern cheeks easily. Sad to see Rio leave the village and Latifa behind, but he keeps moving forward. I am glad they communicated that they both used to be Japanese. Also good to see Celia again even if it's just a few seconds.
Aug 10, 2021 4:22 AM
Apr 2021
skipping the character development for over a year pisses me off, but I pretty much expected it with how this show goes about telling this story

Also Rio's MFing air rasengan
not even a complaint, just a kinda funny observation

however it leads into the problem that this magic system (both of them) has not been well defined. We don't know how the power scaling works, and the strengths of enemies are never properly defined before battle.
Usually in these kinds of cases, this lack is compensated for by using the battle to portray an emotional/philosophical struggle, and whoever has the upper hand in the struggle has the upper hand in the fight. That way even though you haven't quantified the power system it's still tied to something the audience can keep track of.
but since the characters are even less developed than your average Ex-Arm background character there was never a chance of an interesting character-based fight occurring.

overall this show remains nothing more than a series of lights and colours with some stock music playing, based off a script that feels like it was written by an AI that had watched/read a massive library of isekai

like seriously, what studio looked at this LN and thought "this is totally worth adapting". The only reason I can think of this getting made is if the studio got the rights to it along with a bundle of other anime adaptations, and so pumped it out for some quick cash
Aug 10, 2021 5:24 AM
Sep 2019
I'm disappointed on how they skipping lot of details like World Building, Spells (Spirit Art), Beltrum Nobles & Royalty Power Balance, Side Characters, Etc that in the LN.

They should only adapt Vol 1-3 because it perfectly fits the 12 Episode since it the prologue of the story, instead rushing all the way to Vol 5, with a lot of details left out.

The only thing that keeps me watching this Anime is because I really like the LN, and Matsuoka Yoshitsugu voicing Rio(Haruto) is a huge plus too.
GrymKryzelAug 10, 2021 6:03 AM
Aug 10, 2021 6:25 AM

Nov 2015
SideCharacterKal said:
This anime has a lot of timeskips. Only a year this time.
And damn, he got a whole new harem.

And the villian appears again. Idk what his maingoal is. But this time, he had to steal some wyvern eggs. They're probably worth a lot.

Rio defeating the wvyern with just a few attacks was very overpowered.
Can't complain, it's your typical overpowered mc.

Latifa and Rio finally told each other where they're from. I expected a different reaction.

And finally, he's leaving. And Rio's getting a massive amount of items. Most of them are useful. The ''Kirito'' back in the end xD

I thought exactly same thing at the time LOL
Aug 10, 2021 10:06 AM

Nov 2013
A year timeskip and the villains still carrying the egg. Wtf?!
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 10, 2021 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
Nice 1 year timeskip... This is beyond preposterous at this point. XD

They just messed up and showed the enemy and weryn before the 1 year timeskip.

Quite a bummer that the studio does this. The reason the original novel is good is because of the characters, developments, relationships or world building.

Just looking at the MC one punch the weryn left and right is simply hilarious. The anime just show few scenes of mc learning spirit arts with 0 explanation of the worlds magic systems and power levels.

The original novel is already really slow paced even compared to other isekais. What are they trying to achieve but just speeding through the story. At this point anime watchers could probably make no sense in what direction this anime is going. Lmao.

I'm only watching to get a glimpse of Claire every episode. She's just adorable.
Aug 10, 2021 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
Annnnd he's officially received his Kirito coat. (seriously...I'm dying to see if the creators openly admit or deny it's based on Kirito...how can that NOT be influenced by Kirito?)

But uh anyway.......why does Rio always talk so monotone and without any feelings? Is it intentional or not? I almost have the urge to mute when he's talking because surely any voice I can imagine for him will surely keep me more awake than the voice actually used in the ep. Not trying to diss the VA but I mean.....for real?

...at this point I think I'm still watching just to see when he learns to tap into OP "white-haired" but this episode easily could serve as a season finale *rolls eyes*
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 10, 2021 12:47 PM
Jan 2021
so rio has finally began his journey, it took long enough.
Aug 10, 2021 12:57 PM

Sep 2013
I'm going to overlook some of the nonsensical ordering and continue watching the most bland isekai ever, this is like the quintessential 5/10.
There's no need for all this tension.
Aug 11, 2021 7:22 AM

Oct 2008
Now Rio looks exactly like Kirito! BWAHAHAHA hilarious!

Aug 11, 2021 9:44 AM

Jun 2016
What Rio did in this episode is child's play. I've killed quite a few Wyverns in my time. Easy xp farm. Everyone knows the mouth is its weak point. Rio was just pointing out the obvious.

I'm meant to be heartbroken by Rio and Latifa's departure from each other, but it comes off kinda flat since, you know, they've known each other for 2 eps and a one-year time skip occurred that could have established more of a bond between them. At this point I'm going 'oh boo hoo' than 'aww that's sad'.

Aug 11, 2021 1:27 PM
Aug 2018
Skipping one year is Meh nd I wanted some mopre romantic scene between Latifa and Rio.

She has not only a onni-chan fealing for him, and why has not Latifa got stronger power.

A good ep but not the best in the series 3/5

I want more romatic in this series not only from one sight also the grils to rio, rio to the grils to.

How old is Latifa when she died? I mean was she the gril Rio when he lived in Japan was in love with?
Aug 12, 2021 2:47 AM
Apr 2020
Guys, does it get better or should I drop it?
Aug 12, 2021 6:00 AM
Sep 2016
theGodde said:
skipping the character development for over a year pisses me off, but I pretty much expected it with how this show goes about telling this story

however it leads into the problem that this magic system (both of them) has not been well defined. We don't know how the power scaling works, and the strengths of enemies are never properly defined before battle.
Usually in these kinds of cases, this lack is compensated for by using the battle to portray an emotional/philosophical struggle, and whoever has the upper hand in the struggle has the upper hand in the fight. That way even though you haven't quantified the power system it's still tied to something the audience can keep track of.
but since the characters are even less developed than your average Ex-Arm background character there was never a chance of an interesting character-based fight occurring.

overall this show remains nothing more than a series of lights and colours with some stock music playing, based off a script that feels like it was written by an AI that had watched/read a massive library of isekai

like seriously, what studio looked at this LN and thought "this is totally worth adapting". The only reason I can think of this getting made is if the studio got the rights to it along with a bundle of other anime adaptations, and so pumped it out for some quick cash

The magic systems were already explained i think (or im confusing LN with anime, which is posible). Both Spirit Arts and Magic do basically the same thing, which is your classic magic. The difference is that Spirit Arts require the user to do all the work of visualizing and manifesting the effect of the magic,which takes years of practice to be able to use them in combat. Magic on the other hand has the user recording a magic formula on his body to be abke to cast said magic without much training, the downside is that is weaker than SA. As for the powerscaling is basically like this:

Magic user < Spirit Arts user < Spirit Host + Spirit Arts user.

Rio and the Spirit Folk girls fall in the last category. The MC is so strong for two reasons, his naturally huge amount of mana and the fact that he is contracted to a high ranking spirit. Another detail that the anime didnt explain is that Spirit Host can learn to use Spirit Arts way easier than the normal people, specially if its a high ranking Spirit. There are other elements that will be introduced like Enchanted Swords and ****** (this last one is a spoiler).

The bad thing of this LN is the lack of hard fights for the MC, the LN took 18 volumes to actually give him a hard time.
Aug 12, 2021 6:20 AM
Apr 2021
Siegfried10 said:
theGodde said:

The magic systems were already explained i think (or im confusing LN with anime, which is posible). Both Spirit Arts and Magic do basically the same thing, which is your classic magic. The difference is that Spirit Arts require the user to do all the work of visualizing and manifesting the effect of the magic,which takes years of practice to be able to use them in combat. Magic on the other hand has the user recording a magic formula on his body to be able to cast said magic without much training, the downside is that is weaker than SA. As for the powerscaling is basically like this:

Rio and the Spirit Folk girls fall in the last category. The MC is so strong for two reasons, his naturally huge amount of mana and the fact that he is contracted to a high ranking spirit. Another detail that the anime didnt explain is that Spirit Host can learn to use Spirit Arts way easier than the normal people, specially if its a high ranking Spirit. There are other elements that will be introduced like Enchanted Swords and ****** (this last one is a spoiler).

The bad thing of this LN is the lack of hard fights for the MC, the LN took 18 volumes to actually give him a hard time.
maybe I fell asleep during the explanation?
But in my memory of the show so far this has not been fully explained (it has been touched on to some extent), so I would certainly lean closer to that being LN exclusive exposition. Would be glad to be corrected by someone who has a better memory of this show than me, but until such a thing happens I'll assume the former.

In terms of power scaling (while that scale is useful) I was more referring to the anime's relative power scaling system (or the fact that it doesn't have one). We haven't yet established a skill ceiling, or really many characters other than Rio who are more powerful and present us with an understanding of where Rio can go with his abilities in future. Of course it's been rather short so far, so perhaps in the near future we may get a few scenes where we can better understanding the power levels of the upper echelons of the power scale. As a LN reader you could probably shed some light on this
Aug 12, 2021 8:43 PM
Sep 2016
theGodde said:
Siegfried10 said:

The magic systems were already explained i think (or im confusing LN with anime, which is posible). Both Spirit Arts and Magic do basically the same thing, which is your classic magic. The difference is that Spirit Arts require the user to do all the work of visualizing and manifesting the effect of the magic,which takes years of practice to be able to use them in combat. Magic on the other hand has the user recording a magic formula on his body to be able to cast said magic without much training, the downside is that is weaker than SA. As for the powerscaling is basically like this:

maybe I fell asleep during the explanation?
But in my memory of the show so far this has not been fully explained (it has been touched on to some extent), so I would certainly lean closer to that being LN exclusive exposition. Would be glad to be corrected by someone who has a better memory of this show than me, but until such a thing happens I'll assume the former.

In terms of power scaling (while that scale is useful) I was more referring to the anime's relative power scaling system (or the fact that it doesn't have one). We haven't yet established a skill ceiling, or really many characters other than Rio who are more powerful and present us with an understanding of where Rio can go with his abilities in future. Of course it's been rather short so far, so perhaps in the near future we may get a few scenes where we can better understanding the power levels of the upper echelons of the power scale. As a LN reader you could probably shed some light on this

The firat three LN volumes are the prologue of the story and there isnt any real threat to Rio, the actual story starts in Volume 4 (which is after the Yagumo arc). The anime will only cover 5 volumes so we wont get to see much, but in the season finale we will see two skilled fighters besides Rio.Then again, Rio is tok Overpowered until Volume 18 (a hypotetical season 4 with this same rushed pacing for all seasons) which is a huge negative point of the series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2021

158 by Playcool »»
Mar 11, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2021

70 by Kraum »»
Feb 2, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2021

62 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 21, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

86 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2021

66 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.