Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2021 3:35 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Love Live Superstar is back!!!!!
Kanon still hasn't gotten over her stage fright o.0 However, she can overcome it in the end?
Llama Moving Company!!?? Some µ's reference???
KuuKaa!!!!!, very nice performance from them. Since it was the first time for Kanon and Keke, no wonder both of them were nervous, especially for Keke who is the most cheerful and never this side of her before. However, their performance went well in the end. Sumire looked like to be an MVP. lol... At this point, the result is not important at all, at least for me, their first performance was exceeding the expectations in every way.

The next episode is the time for Heanna Sumire. GALAXYYY!!!!!
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 8, 2021 7:04 AM

Jan 2019
yay its back finally! go away olympics.
another great episode. we got kanon in cute dress, an awesome song with cute dresses too, and sumire shenanigans.
sunnypa wins 1st place, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes from there. but i think kanon and keke are just glad they got to perform and succeed after much performance anxiety from kanon and keke's lack of fitness so the thought of whatever happens to the club isnt immediate in their mind or not as important

GALAXY EPISODE NEXT WEEK
Aug 8, 2021 9:16 AM
Jun 2021
What a good episode. It was really funny when Sumire was trying so hard to turn the lighting back on. She was really impressed it seems like so she’ll probably go up to them on episode 4. Very good song as well. I honestly thought we would’ve gotten to see Sunnypa’s performance. Very funny moments and emotional moments. I can’t wait for episode 4!
Aug 8, 2021 11:07 AM

Feb 2020
Male characters in Love Live?! Dropped and 9 points off... (just kidding...)

I'm glad my sweethearts are back! I missed them so much. :3

Great episode. I loved Kanon and Keke's performance.

Kanon was so cute in her dress. <3

That song at the end was very calm and relaxing.

Lol at this scene:

SerafosDec 26, 2023 4:13 AM
Aug 8, 2021 1:56 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was so great, totally worth the wait. Kanon and Keke make a good and lovable duo. It's only been 3 episodes but I'm enjoying Superstar as much as the original, if not even more.
Aug 8, 2021 2:38 PM
Apr 2018
Ahhh, I'm loving SuperStar. Damn, the performance was good and Keke looked precious. Lmao, the pres looks like is about to give in
Aug 8, 2021 4:35 PM
Sep 2017
Best episode so far in the entire anime, and likely one of the best episodes in the Love Live! franchise. Just ugh, the KeKa dynamic was perfect: angst, hugs, hand holding, and comfort.
Aug 8, 2021 7:33 PM

Jul 2011
Was tough to wait after the 2 first episodes got my mind into story.

How good is SunnyPa? Wonderful like past rival groups that over shadowed the main group in my heart?

Natsuumi Manatsu working double shift as Hijirisawa Yuuna here.

With this episode having the first concert as a group starter, next 3 episode will be getting the other 3 to join. If follow the past formula.
Aug 8, 2021 7:42 PM
Mar 2012
What a satisfying episode. I watched all LL and I liked Superstar best. Not gonna say Superstar is the best, have best song, or any shit. I just enjoy it best, this love live give me pleasant surprise.

One thing, SunnyPassion's costume looks like a cheap peacock ripoff. It grate my eyes so much that I need new prescribed glasses.
Aug 8, 2021 8:09 PM

Jan 2011
finally something good is back on the Sunday menu ,their first song together was a little too good for their first time lol makes sense they didn't show the "pro' dueo because their suppose to be clearly outmatched

now realizing this show has two endings the main one and then a solo for each of the girls
Aug 8, 2021 8:50 PM

Sep 2018
Thank god it's finally back! Incredible episode, great performance and I can't wait for more!

Kanon may already be the best main girl (at least imo compared to honoka, chika, and ayumu) and she just keeps getting better and I love how real Chi felt when she clearly begrudgingly had to reject Keke's request for her to join!

I could [b]EASILY[/] see this love live being my favorite as long as Sumire and Hazuki are slightly above average characters.
Blanks.
Aug 8, 2021 9:53 PM

Jun 2014
WHAT ARE THOOOOSE?!

           but you can become stronger...

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

Aug 8, 2021 10:41 PM
Jan 2020
Those are.....tomboys!
Definitely not male, it's impossible for boys to exist in Love Live
Aug 8, 2021 10:53 PM

Aug 2011
This anime so great. Probably the best of season. God Anime
Aug 8, 2021 11:25 PM

Jul 2016
Kanon and Keke's first Idol performance was so awesome they achieved the impossible: make men materialize in the LL universe.

Pretty nice episode overall. The Idol performance ended up being pretty good (maybe a bit too good for supposed "newbies" tho) and despite my initial doubts towards her, I gotta say I'm loving Keke's character more and more with each passing episode. So far, she's like the spirit of this current LL installment if I'm honest.
Aug 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Jan 2015
Man I got kinda emotional when Chi-chan lighted up the crowd, and I never got emotional for a LL episode. This just goes to show how good this series is.

Super good episode
Aug 9, 2021 1:52 AM

Sep 2020
Atlast, my cuties are back. I miss them so much.

Chisato-chan looking like a proud mom out there and Sumire-chan's the best girl here, she bought time for KaKe unexpectedly, LOL.

Great performance, i love their song, affff.
Also, that song ft. Chisato-chan at the end of the song, so heartwarming. Memories. Hoping there are full versions of the songs from this episode.

Haahhh~ Glad to see them back.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Aug 9, 2021 2:53 AM

Oct 2017
Finally their first performance and it was beautiful. I'm glad it went well and they got the best newcomer award. Kanon chan was really adorable in this episode.
Aug 9, 2021 7:16 AM
Feb 2016
As an old fan of the franchise I gotta say this episode was definitely worth to wait 3 weeks for. And the live at the end was probably one of the best in the series so far. This Love Live! season seems promising!!
Aug 9, 2021 9:38 AM

Jan 2021
This episode was so wholesome. I love the direction this season is going

Aug 9, 2021 9:39 AM
Feb 2021
THIS EPISODE WAS SO CUTE!!!
keke is so supporting and shes so sweet, i love her. this episode made me cry lmfao, love live always hits me hard for some reason.
i cant wait to see where this goes, it looks very very promising so far
Aug 9, 2021 11:24 AM

Aug 2018
keke best girl so far

mogu mogu

🍙🍙
Aug 9, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Another excellent episode of my favourite Love Live iteration so far, so pleased to have it back after the three week break.
Aug 9, 2021 12:53 PM

Jun 2021
i thought one more week was needed to watch this episode, time flies. Kanon is becoming better and better, i felt so sorry for her when she was crying to Keke because of stage fright and fear of ruining their plans (plus, she looked good in those new clothes). Sumire still looks like a mysterious girl, but it probably won't stay as such for too long. And is Ren already sorry herself for having been too harsh to the KeKa duo? Chisato is still favorite girl for now, so supportive.
Aug 9, 2021 2:43 PM
Aug 2019
Sumire ruined her serious image in seconds lmao can't wait to know more of her in the next episode!

Besides that, the waiting was definitely worth it. This episode was amazing, and I'm loving all the songs of the anime so far! The second ending(?) with Chisato was pretty relaxing, too
Aug 9, 2021 5:53 PM

Mar 2021
Keke was originally my best girl for Liella, but after seeing Sumire being silly im feeling conflicted >___< over all this episode has been my favorite
Aug 9, 2021 8:11 PM

Dec 2014
Absolutely fantastic episode, full of great vibes. Loving this.

Keke is so adorable. I love her over the top excited reactions and also how caring she is. Chisato was great too, from the Takoyaki to the moment she got everyone to use the glowsticks to give them the motivation. You know when you see her face after the performance that she wanted to join them. xD

Kanon is definitely my biggest surprise in terms of character, she has so much more character than Chika or Honoka ever got in 3 episodes. Really nice, this might end up being the best iteration of Love Live in terms of anime if they keep it up.

The scene where Keke is on stage just saying "Daijobu, Daijobu" was so heart wrenching. I'm glad they pulled through big time.

The performance was great, loved the song and I must say I did not expect to like Keke's voice so much. Somehow she gives off the impression of having a voice like Kotori but she sounds really strong instead. I really like it.

Have I mentioned how cute the ED is?
Aug 10, 2021 1:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was absolutely beautiful, it has potential to become my favorite LL anime to be honest, the outfits and representation were great for a first try and they won the newcomers award so I'm sure they'll find a way to continue being idols, Kanon and Keke are just so cute together, best duo, no I'm waiting for the other girls to join the band, the clumsy blonde one we saw seems pretty fun to be honest xD I can't wait for the next episode
Aug 10, 2021 2:37 AM

Oct 2007
the chibi Chii-chan at the ending is so kawaii. Just that alone made my day.

Aug 10, 2021 2:38 AM

Feb 2014
Olympics is over now and Love Live! Superstar is back!

The traditional episode 3 of the Love Live! franchise where something big or special happens and there's a spectacular performance. 3 weeks was worth the wait! Kanon was cute in that dress. The performance was so good, not bad for a first time performing together. I'm liking kanon every episode, she's not like Honoka or Chika although I'll choose my "best girl" once the other three joins the group.
Aug 10, 2021 2:45 AM

Apr 2014
Keke-chan praying to a huge poster of Sunnypa was funny, I'm amazed that they didn't add some extra scenes with Keke-chan going to see and pray to Sunnypa live, since they were there. Kuukaa's song was really nice and Kanon was able to get rid of her stage fright too.
Aug 10, 2021 9:05 AM

Feb 2019
Yea I can’t deal with the Funimation two day delay on the new eps. I’ll have to watch the raws. This was such a great episode, really doubled down on how much I love Kanon. I think she’s the best main girl we’ve had in a LL series. The performance was awesome.
Aug 10, 2021 10:13 AM

Jan 2019
LittleWhiteHerz said:
Sumire ruined her serious image in seconds lmao can't wait to know more of her in the next episode!

Besides that, the waiting was definitely worth it. This episode was amazing, and I'm loving all the songs of the anime so far! The second ending(?) with Chisato was pretty relaxing, too
Sumire ruined her serious image in episode 2, when she starts to act Niico-like. It is clear, who is the comic relief char.
I fear a little bit, that the combination Keke + Sumire could be a little bit too much.
Aug 10, 2021 3:54 PM

Jun 2021
Very good episode.

Love the attention to the small details like mentioning the blades earlier in the episode and have that be the key item to help them realize their support. Felt like a well written Hanada script. Also having the 3 other girls watch them during the performance was a nice touch too.

I'm continued to be impressed by the VAs. They've sounded great up to this point. Hopefully this continues to be great.
Aug 10, 2021 7:42 PM

Jul 2015
Nice to have it back, that was a whole lot of fun there, and their song was really nice as well. Shame they didn't win, but it was expected.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 10, 2021 7:44 PM

Oct 2018
Keke might end up topping Rin as my favorite Love Live character.
Aug 11, 2021 7:33 AM

May 2018
Power of together makes mc overcome her stage fright! Nice performance overall. Also was the audio a little weird where some of the voices were cut off a bit in the performance?
Aug 11, 2021 9:24 AM
Nov 2020
Great episode as always! Olympics has been ended and the latest episode is always deliver a good story telling, visuals, cuteness and emotions

To make it in a nutshell:
- Kanon didn't overcome her stage fright
- Ren warned Kanon and Keke to stop because it still ruins their school reputation
- Keke being cute as always
- Chii-chan and Takoyaki montage with Keke's octopus head
- Kanon is such a blessing with her cute dress
- Kanon and Chii-chan go to Keke's room and Keke being a idol geek worshipping Sunny Passion
- Sunny Passion name reveal (Hirijisawa Yuuna and Hiiragi Mao)
- Chii-chan wants to join but she is has being considerate that dancing is her passion
- Kanon-chan emotional moment and man I love Kanon being a realistic character
- A little glimpse of Keke's backstory that her family is strict and she was do was study all over but SunnyPa is the reason why Keke came to Japan to become a school idol
- Keke have a onee-chan
- Both Kanon and Keke having a pressure and stage fright
- Sumire being a gremlim yet she is the MVP
- Chii-chan blades montage and makes me emotional
- Tiny Stars play and goddamn it was beautiful CG and camera angles Sunrise you GOAT
- KeKa did not win but they award as a Newcomer Award
- Sumire episode next week

I love how Yoshiaki Fujisawa making his composition in Love Live!'s OST this is really his magnum opus imo. Tiny Stars performed by Kanon and Keke and this is the first time that only two sing a insert song, basically the SIP and Sunshine have 3 member rule but in Superstar it was only two and this is the first time that they compete a event even if I call it a mini event

Great episode: 10/10
Aug 11, 2021 2:46 PM

Nov 2020
I'm glad this is finally back airing! I really enjoyed the first 2 eps, so I was really disappointed that it was being delayed for 3 weeks. It seems I was a bit off in my initial assumptions, thinking the show was going to go for a much more somber melodramatic approach (that was my impression from the first episode), but I'm glad that it's still not afraid to go a bit serious in some scenes either way. Actually a lot of the feel reminds me of Sunshine so far, although I think may already prefer this. I'm really loving the cast too!

Although one thing I've been wondering... is the purple in Keke's hair supposed to be highlights, or meant to be a quirky hair reflection/shadow? I've assumed the latter, but now I really can't tell lmao
Aug 11, 2021 8:13 PM
Nov 2018
ah yes the good ol' school idol feels this episode gave us. the voice acting is seriously so impressive, major kudos to kanon and keke's seiyuu for killing it! the kuuka song was really nice, definitely the "start dash" of superstar with the rest of the girls looking on.
Aug 12, 2021 6:41 AM

Dec 2015
It was worth the wait. We got an wholesome episode with a great song. This LL isn't letting me down.
Aug 13, 2021 11:35 AM
Aug 2018
Flopneko said:
Those are.....tomboys!
Definitely not male, it's impossible for boys to exist in Love Live

They are may boys/man I think this is a new era for Love Live.
Aug 24, 2021 10:48 AM

Dec 2018
I love this. the Yuri vibes get stronger for every episode

My lesbian angels Keke and Kanon were saying gay things to each other "You stole my heart" You are my dream" Hugging all the time and holding hands. Awwww the little idols lesbians are in love,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

So glad Kanon got over her stage fright. With her little girlfriend at her side, I think it was easier for Kanon to perform

This is what I want from LL . And I hope for even more delicious Yuri in upcoming episodes

Yuri-CrusaderAug 24, 2021 10:54 AM
Sep 4, 2021 9:38 PM

Apr 2016
I wouldn't expect superstar gonna be this good. I got a few good laugh in this episode loving it so far.
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Sep 9, 2021 8:16 AM

Mar 2013
I love this episode, full of Pure Friendship and Willingness to do their very best despite Ren turning down their efforts.

That joke earlier of connecting selling food and singing outside is funny!

Then Kanon's voice is again adorable when she said:
"The clothes are just too cute...
...there's no way they'd look good on me!"
as I heard her scream that, I fell in love with her character again!
Then Keke and Chisato attacked her! hahaha!; "Delete it!"... :D

Uissu! Uissu! Uissu!

Chisato here is still wondering in doubt to join... >.<

As Kanon gets frightened on stage, she also heard Keke having the same issues. Sumire accidentally tripping the electricity was so hilarious that gave Keka more time to think things through when Chisato lighted up a light stick with the rest of the audience was dazzling, giving them more hope and courage on stage.

Kanon holds Keke's hands to give her friend and partner encouragement that she is there with her all the way to success and failure is heart warming, because she is NOT ALONE. The moment the song started after Sumire hilariously lights up the whole stage is stunning and a great comeback for the both of them on stage. It gave a wonderful lighting effect that suits to their song's message.

Chisato looking frantically and probably wanting to be on the same stage, I hope, was cute and adorable. I will be looking forward to the day Chisato joins their School Idol group. Ren on the other hand was watching them on stage, I wonder why...?!
CrazyButNot4USep 9, 2021 8:33 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 26, 2021 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Absolutely fantastic episode, full of great vibes. Loving this.

Keke is so adorable. I love her over the top excited reactions and also how caring she is. Chisato was great too, from the Takoyaki to the moment she got everyone to use the glowsticks to give them the motivation. You know when you see her face after the performance that she wanted to join them. xD

Kanon is definitely my biggest surprise in terms of character, she has so much more character than Chika or Honoka ever got in 3 episodes. Really nice, this might end up being the best iteration of Love Live in terms of anime if they keep it up.

The scene where Keke is on stage just saying "Daijobu, Daijobu" was so heart wrenching. I'm glad they pulled through big time.

The performance was great, loved the song and I must say I did not expect to like Keke's voice so much. Somehow she gives off the impression of having a voice like Kotori but she sounds really strong instead. I really like it.

Have I mentioned how cute the ED is?

So much this. Loving the characters, especially how hyper Keke is. And everything about this episode was just a delight to watch. Amazing stuff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2021 1:39 AM

Aug 2017
This show is awesome. Way better than Love Live Sunshine.

Sunny Pas is going down by the end of this...!
Oct 11, 2022 6:57 AM
Apr 2022
Both liella's song and Vien's song is trash, Lanzhu's song is much better, liella is just a cjb.
Mar 23, 2023 1:35 PM
Mar 2023
Keep including guys through the series- even if they are just background characters lol. (Girls and guys alike enjoy the Love Live franchise, leaving make characters completely out of the picture is strange and sketchy, and no I won’t hear out your ‘women in yuri’s only’ excuses or whatnot, everyone should feel comfortable watching such an enjoyable show. Also as for weird dudes, including men throughout the show keeps back at the obsessive fantasy a guy may have with a fictional character thinking that they would be the only dude in that universe. Don’t be weird Love Live.) Anyways Tiny Stars is one of the greatest Love Live songs that I can listen to on repeat throughout an entire day and not get tired of!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.