Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 6, 2021 7:22 PM

Feb 2020
nice episode but MORE JEANNE
Aug 6, 2021 7:58 PM

Jun 2021
I guess it was an OK episode.

I assume this was an end of a story arc? If so, it kind of felt lackadaisical to be the end. Other than the bromance talk, not much happened.

Animation and the acting continues to be great (this show might have the best VA lineup of the season).
Aug 6, 2021 8:01 PM

Jul 2019
Noe realizing his misconception of Vanitas and how Vanitas has always been the same from the beginning is the most important part of his character. But, I can't say I didn't see that coming. Nothing is really surprising in its writing for maybe the exception of Dominique. I like her quite a bit ever sine the backstory of Noe.

Pretty nice progression thus far. Hopefully, we'll learn more about the evil curse.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 6, 2021 8:40 PM

Dec 2020
MORE HOT CHARACTERS HELL YEHA !!!!

noe's smiles while he was talking to vanitas at the bell tower thing . i am so very in love with him
Aug 6, 2021 9:19 PM

Apr 2020
The Ruthven guy seems very interesting. He seems like a pretty strong character that shouldn't be messed around with telling by that menacing look he gives and his character design especially the eyepatch. Noe accepted Vanitas as a partner and mentioned their real journey only just started... on Episode 6. Guess this wouldn't be a short 12-episodes 1 cour show.

EDIT: Yes, I realized there's a second cour coming soon.
Aug 7, 2021 12:29 AM

Mar 2016
The story feels weak. Like, it's just animated manga panels. A lot of the camera work is simply awful! They look pretty, but tell no story.

The black thing looks more like a deflated balloon than a mysterious entity! In the manga, it looked a lot more creepy.

I am annoyed by the number of times they flashback to Vanitas' speech. It's like they don't trust their audience to remember things at all!

I like the manga, and I am worried about how they are going to adapt what's coming next. So far, the director is not doing a good job.
Aug 7, 2021 3:02 AM
Mar 2021
FuMomo-kun said:
The story feels weak. Like, it's just animated manga panels. A lot of the camera work is simply awful! They look pretty, but tell no story.

The black thing looks more like a deflated balloon than a mysterious entity! In the manga, it looked a lot more creepy.

I am annoyed by the number of times they flashback to Vanitas' speech. It's like they don't trust their audience to remember things at all!

I like the manga, and I am worried about how they are going to adapt what's coming next. So far, the director is not doing a good job.

The flashback, even the manga is doing the same. The flasback of Vanitas's speech in anime is the same with the flashback in manga so I don't understand why you are complaining about that.

This flashback in manga is important for us to understand why in the past this characater say something like that or why this character behave like that. If not, then there will be speculation like what happen in previous episode when Vanitas ask Jeanne to suck his blood. In manga it's obvious because there is flashback but anime remove it so many people just think Vanitas do it without reason. It's not the matter of reader remember the scene or not, it's so reader can connect this scene to previous scene. It's also the same with the anime.
Alice0006Aug 7, 2021 7:37 AM
Aug 7, 2021 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Good episode I enjoy it. I'm interested to see what happens in the next episode.
Aug 7, 2021 5:51 AM

Mar 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
Ok, things are cooking up a bit now.

I like how the relationship between Vanitas and Noe has become “I will do what I want” even if they don’t neccessarily “like” each other. It makes things more interesting and less conventional. The Ruthven seems like he will make things interesting too given that he has a very odd agenda for a man with such power.

I guess they are just not explaining what happened between Vanitas and Jeanne when she was sucking him dry (innuendo intended). All of a sudden he appears to save the day before the powered up vampire Jeanne despite having lost a bunch of blood. Maybe they’ll talk about it later, idk.
About that ...Jeanne wasnt sucking him dry... There are ways to suck blood in vampire series and i think interpretation of events too is a thing..IN anycase, after jeanne gets an ample amount in almost 3 mins they track luca down and thankfully noe is also there who was being corrupted for a ample amount of time.. and vanitas appears to save him i guess this breif explanation helps
Aug 7, 2021 5:55 AM

Mar 2020
amagirinomikoto said:
this show isnt doing anything for me. im only watching bc vampires but the characters and plot are so bleh
You are objectivel y wrong about the characters though so no comments on that about the plot thingie if u havent figured out what kind of story this till now then i guess u might need a rewatch in the end...
Aug 7, 2021 6:00 AM

Mar 2020
FuMomo-kun said:

I just dont get the manga readers now...If they adapt panel to panel, then complains align and when they rearrange the events in a different manner then again the complains align....I guess gratitude is a rare trait these days... IN any case the episode was adapted very well..In the manga all those f;ash backs were there and they serve a purpose in the story as well....They just didnt animate the manga panels if u compare it or if u focused on the direction. Also as a manga reader u should be aware that plot hasnt even begin prgression properly... and the 2nd cour is basically where it truely starts..They did aloot but what ever i guess i mean if u are complaining even now then no comment
Aug 7, 2021 6:05 AM

Feb 2017
234Mannan said:
amagirinomikoto said:
this show isnt doing anything for me. im only watching bc vampires but the characters and plot are so bleh
You are objectivel y wrong about the characters though so no comments on that about the plot thingie if u havent figured out what kind of story this till now then i guess u might need a rewatch in the end...

lol yeah no thanks

placeholder text
Aug 7, 2021 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
This episode blown me away. The direction was spot on as well as the music and the story of the adapted chapters. I really liked Noe's reflections both in the manga and here but now they even have the holiness that is Yuki Kajiura's music in the background which can only make things better.
The scene where Domi ripped her dress was hella badass.

Still this is just the beginning, there is still much more to see.

BlichoBoy said:
Is good to see that Rengoku found a job in another anime.

Lol I hate you
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Aug 7, 2021 7:34 AM

Mar 2016
Alice0006 said:
FuMomo-kun said:

The flashback, even the manga is doing the same. The flasback of Vanitas's speech in anime is the same with the flashback in manga so I don't understand why you are complaining about that.
This flashback in manga is important for us to understand why in the past this characater say something like that or why this character behave like that. If not, then there will be speculation like what happen in previous episode when Vanitas ask Jeanne to suck his blood. In manga it's obvious because there is flashback but anime remove it so many people just think Vanitas do it without reason. It's not the matter of reader remember the scene or not, it's so reader can connect this scene to previous scene. It's also the same with the anime.

It's not that hard to connect the scenes without the flashbacks since they happened very close to one another. I know the flashback was there in the manga as well, but it kind of worked as a manga. Maybe because it's not actually necessary to read the dialogues there or because the manga is a monthly release, so a reminder may be good occasionally. The anime could have been more creative with their presentation instead of copying things as they are. This is supposed to be an adaptation.
Aug 7, 2021 7:47 AM

Oct 2016
And with that, the bal masque arc has concluded. Great episode! Whoever the voice actor was for Veronica, she fucking nailed it, I can feel her arrogance all the way from here. Gotta love Domi and those thighs. Personally can't wait for the next episode, it's gonna be a lighthearted one after all the pain.
Aug 7, 2021 8:30 AM
Mar 2021
FuMomo-kun said:
Alice0006 said:

It's not that hard to connect the scenes without the flashbacks since they happened very close to one another. I know the flashback was there in the manga as well, but it kind of worked as a manga. Maybe because it's not actually necessary to read the dialogues there or because the manga is a monthly release, so a reminder may be good occasionally. The anime could have been more creative with their presentation instead of copying things as they are. This is supposed to be an adaptation.

Maybe for you it's not hard but maybe the other don't think so. If it makes the anime easier to understand then why not. I even see someone who is still confused with why Noe want to apologize to Vanitas even after all that conversation with sensei and flashback.

I think in manga the flasback is mostly for us to understand why this character behave like this or say this by connect it with previous scene through flashback, not for reminder. I actually learn a lot about the character from flashback so I think it's important to include it.

About the presentation of anime, that's completely your opinion. They actually rearrange some things like in this episode, Noe's conversation with sensei in first episode l, they move it to this episode. And it's more save to just follow the manga instead make something different and end up with something like Promised Neverland season 2 or Peach Boy Riverside. What kind of creativity do you expect them to be I can't imagine.
Alice0006Aug 7, 2021 8:35 AM
Aug 7, 2021 8:34 AM

Oct 2008
so many yaoi vibes on the hugeass bell scene!
4/5.

Aug 7, 2021 8:58 AM

Jun 2019
234Mannan said:
Blue_Maroon said:
Ok, things are cooking up a bit now.

I like how the relationship between Vanitas and Noe has become “I will do what I want” even if they don’t neccessarily “like” each other. It makes things more interesting and less conventional. The Ruthven seems like he will make things interesting too given that he has a very odd agenda for a man with such power.

I guess they are just not explaining what happened between Vanitas and Jeanne when she was sucking him dry (innuendo intended). All of a sudden he appears to save the day before the powered up vampire Jeanne despite having lost a bunch of blood. Maybe they’ll talk about it later, idk.
About that ...Jeanne wasnt sucking him dry... There are ways to suck blood in vampire series and i think interpretation of events too is a thing..IN anycase, after jeanne gets an ample amount in almost 3 mins they track luca down and thankfully noe is also there who was being corrupted for a ample amount of time.. and vanitas appears to save him i guess this breif explanation helps

Ah yes, my weekly discussion with 234 Mannan about the Vanitas episode. Even if there are explainations that come from other material, that means nothing to me because this anime doesn’t show me that itself. I am effectively rating this anime based off what is in the actual product and nothing more. That would be a different story if this required my knowledge of previous material to understand, but that hasn’t been the case.
Aug 7, 2021 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
meyve said:
Oh no fujoshis are coming again

The fujos never left lmao.I see one of them complaining every few minutes how Jeanne is so irrevelant to the plot and her relationship with vanitas is so forced.Like get this the only reason this anime got any traction at all is because of that jeanne biting vanitas scene(also the kiss)which gained more than 2 million views on tiktok and attracted a whole lot of YouTube reviews.Other than that dead quiet.This anime has done nothing for manga sales.So time to put respect to Jeanne's name.
Aug 7, 2021 10:21 AM

Dec 2020
Barely any scenes of Jeanne? Trash show. Delete it. Unfollowed. Banned.

For real though, maybe it's because I'm a little out of it due to fatigue, but I didn't feel much this episode. Albeit seeing Noé so gloomy and how much he's gone through makes me a little sad.

Really enjoying this anime and I'm pondering wether to read the manga after or before the 2nd cour.
Aug 7, 2021 10:38 AM

Jun 2020
Oh my god everyone is unbelievably sexy. Damn Ruthven & Veronica.....but I mean Ruthven( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) they are SO HOT.

Noé is just love at first sight. My love for him grows with every episode. He is so hot & so cute & I love how self-aware he is of his actions upon others. I know everyone is all about Vanitas & rightfully so, he’s such a complex character. But I love Noé( ˘ ³˘)♥︎( ˘ ³˘)♥︎( ˘ ³˘)♥︎( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

And the art especially during the bell tower scene was so beautiful!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 7, 2021 11:58 AM

Mar 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
234Mannan said:

Ah yes, my weekly discussion with 234 Mannan about the Vanitas episode. Even if there are explainations that come from other material, that means nothing to me because this anime doesn’t show me that itself. I am effectively rating this anime based off what is in the actual product and nothing more. That would be a different story if this required my knowledge of previous material to understand, but that hasn’t been the case.
Wow u remember me. (Well my behaviour changes drastically in a bad/violent way when it comes to vanitas and ph LOL i have lost count of my apologizes at this point i guess) In anycase i understand what u meant, I was just tring to elaborate how it came to be so i hope my brief explanation from before helped which was that jeanne took a minor amount of blood and its up to the vampire as well not to mention vanitas is a special human who doesnt like that in other words voluntary a vampire can drink someones blood without killing it. Considering a normal vampire doesnt produce poisen and stuff like that and vanitas bascally only knew noe who was with luca in other words he followed his companion rather then doing everything solo.
Aug 7, 2021 12:09 PM

Mar 2020
meyve said:
Exotic_sprinkle said:

The fujos never left lmao.I see one of them complaining every few minutes how Jeanne is so irrevelant to the plot and her relationship with vanitas is so forced.Like get this the only reason this anime got any traction at all is because of that jeanne biting vanitas scene(also the kiss)which gained more than 2 million views on tiktok and attracted a whole lot of YouTube reviews.Other than that dead quiet.This anime has done nothing for manga sales.So time to put respect to Jeanne's name.

Jeanne is wholesome. She is carrying the show alone. I don't have something toward fujoshis but they are pushing too hard that shiping Vanitas and Noe and attacking Jeanne and other fans out of nowhere. I'm starting to hate them. Like go watch your fucking bl because this is not one of them. Go make your fantasies and fetishes somewhere else and dont attack to people and characters because your ship will never be canon. Accept it already and go read some fanfic or something.
I dont remember a fujoshi attacking other fans though(ANd i mean it tbh)...Other then that jeanne x vanitas is cute a bunch but i too would say that it was a little rushed..Not that its a bad thing it worked wonders in the end. And yeah the writer implied that noe and vanitas are something in between friends and a couple so their relationship is quite unique(i think its kinda like jack and lacie in the end if we go from a writing point of view i mean jacks relationship was something in between love and hate and there relationship is between companion, friend etc And i hope everyone understands that and in the end) Domi x NOe though is the best ship imo! They are soo cute and wholesome TBH!
Aug 7, 2021 12:25 PM
Nov 2020
Eyelash man is here. Seriously, the guy’s mascara is crazy good, especially in the manga. I know he has a name, but whenever he pops up I always internally refer to him as Eyelash man
Aug 7, 2021 3:40 PM

Apr 2020
Loved the episode, fantastic animation. Vanitas is really a mysterious man... I still do not know his intentions...
Aug 7, 2021 4:58 PM

Apr 2008
I feel like this plot should be interesting, but it's just so cheesy. Even for anime it's trying too hard both in the serious and silly scenes. You can make this aesthetic work, but it puts a higher burden on how cool or established the rest has to be that it's not managing. And it's been that way right from Vanitas first opening his mouth to foxy lady evil laughing for what felt like a minute.
Aug 7, 2021 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
Veronica-oneesama is such a flamboyant lady. Don't know if I like her or not yet.

Solid episode overall. Not as enjoyable as previous ones for some reason but there were a couple of scenes I really liked such as the one with Noé realizing he was unfairly placing his own expectations onto Vanitas and the one at the end with both MCs discussing-reconciling with the sunrise as background.

And as for other aspects: Domi continues to be incredibly hot; Ruthven's character design is great and the OST selection for this episode was particularly fantastic.
Aug 7, 2021 11:14 PM

Mar 2020
meyve said:
234Mannan said:
I dont remember a fujoshi attacking other fans though(ANd i mean it tbh)...Other then that jeanne x vanitas is cute a bunch but i too would say that it was a little rushed..Not that its a bad thing it worked wonders in the end. And yeah the writer implied that noe and vanitas are something in between friends and a couple so their relationship is quite unique(i think its kinda like jack and lacie in the end if we go from a writing point of view i mean jacks relationship was something in between love and hate and there relationship is between companion, friend etc And i hope everyone understands that and in the end) Domi x NOe though is the best ship imo! They are soo cute and wholesome TBH!

I've seen some fujoshi attacking people because when they attacked Jeanne and hated her for ruining their ship, people defended her and said their ship will probably never be canon. They are the worst tbh. I don't care about ships,(I personally ship NoexDomi/Louis and VanitasxJeanne) but god at least respect the characters and the canon story.
Oh i didnt expected that. I guess Fujoshies are pretty toxic..
Aug 7, 2021 11:55 PM

May 2018
Well, then, after all of what they have gone through , both Noe and Vanitas have to work for that Vampire Lord.

It looks that that book has some limitations, it cannot cure any curse ones whom were in their advance stages.
Aug 8, 2021 5:01 AM
Aug 2020
This not bl just shut up enjoy the story
Aug 8, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
234Mannan said:
meyve said:

Jeanne is wholesome. She is carrying the show alone. I don't have something toward fujoshis but they are pushing too hard that shiping Vanitas and Noe and attacking Jeanne and other fans out of nowhere. I'm starting to hate them. Like go watch your fucking bl because this is not one of them. Go make your fantasies and fetishes somewhere else and dont attack to people and characters because your ship will never be canon. Accept it already and go read some fanfic or something.

I have seen fujoshis trying to attack Jeanne even on Tiktok.One girl literally said"when will she leave?Doesn't she know she isn’t wanted?Why is she forcing herself between two gay men?"And I won’t even quote twitter.It's like Jeanne stole Vanitas from Noe or something.Anyone is free to ship Vanitas and Noe but hating Jeanne?That's illegal.(Domi gets a little less hate because her relationship with noe hasn’t progressed to the level of Vanijeanne)
Aug 8, 2021 11:56 AM

Mar 2020
Exotic_sprinkle said:
234Mannan said:

I have seen fujoshis trying to attack Jeanne even on Tiktok.One girl literally said"when will she leave?Doesn't she know she isn’t wanted?Why is she forcing herself between two gay men?"And I won’t even quote twitter.It's like Jeanne stole Vanitas from Noe or something.Anyone is free to ship Vanitas and Noe but hating Jeanne?That's illegal.(Domi gets a little less hate because her relationship with noe hasn’t progressed to the level of Vanijeanne)
Seriously i wasnt expecting that...Yup hating jeanne is illegal not to mention domi(Best girl)
Aug 8, 2021 1:12 PM

Oct 2020
Exotic_sprinkle said:
234Mannan said:

"Why is she forcing herself between two gay men?" I wonder if this girl you mean reads manga or at least tell her to see the tags because she is so delusional when she says both are gay xD
Aug 8, 2021 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Exotic_sprinkle said:

"Why is she forcing herself between two gay men?" I wonder if this girl you mean reads manga or at least tell her to see the tags because she is so delusional when she says both are gay xD

You want to hear more?"Why would Jeanne blush when Vanitas assaulted(actually kissedher?Is she into rape/sexual assault?"I swear I lost brain cells.It's like they think Jeanne is
Aug 8, 2021 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
[quote=Exotic_sprinkle message=64071267]
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Exotic_sprinkle said:

You want to hear more?"Why would Jeanne blush when Vanitas assaulted(actually kissed)her?Is she into rape/sexual assault?"I swear I lost brain cells.It's like they think Jeanne is trying to force herself on Vanitas when really it's that rat Vanitas who can't keep it in his pants.
Aug 8, 2021 8:21 PM

Oct 2020
Exotic_sprinkle said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

You want to hear more?"Why would Jeanne blush when Vanitas assaulted(actually kissed)her?Is she into rape/sexual assault?"I swear I lost brain cells.It's like they think Jeanne is trying to force herself on Vanitas when really it's that rat Vanitas who can't keep it in his pants.
LOL I do know that there are some Fujoshi who are really Toxic like that girl they will attack anyone who is considered to ruin their ship, especially VaniJeanne is already on a different level because both are attracted to each other, so it's not surprising how some Toxic Fujoshi attacked Jeanne with nonsense words smh.
Aug 8, 2021 8:49 PM
May 2020
Man even if I don't want to I just can't shake the feeling when listening to the OP its so enticing I feel like I could listen it forever!
Aug 8, 2021 10:44 PM

Jan 2021
Sorry for my weak brain.. but there are some things I don't understand, why is Vanitas mad at Noe? When Ruthven asked Vanitas about the girl that Vanitas turned into ashes, Vanitas didn't deny it and gave no reason at all, it looked like Vanitas wanted to be hurt/killed by a Vampire, if that's true, why? Also.. in Noe and Vanitas' conversation at the tower, Noe said that Vanitas had a look like as if Vanitas had given up on something, did that mean Vanitas gave up on his life?

Lol, I ask too many "why"... but somehow I feel that this is an important episode, that's why I want to really understand.

By the way, the scene when Domi ripped her dress and showed her legs looks very sexy, I like it.

Aug 9, 2021 2:58 AM
Jun 2021
honyax said:
lmao i did not like the weird ass bollywood background music. ehhhhhhhhehhhhh. not that i have anything against it, i just dont think it fits with this anime n its aesthetic
also, can we talk ab how hot the teacher is? goddamn

Bollywood bgm? whennn :0
Aug 9, 2021 3:27 AM
Mar 2021
hanakocheeks said:
Sorry for my weak brain.. but there are some things I don't understand, why is Vanitas mad at Noe? When Ruthven asked Vanitas about the girl that Vanitas turned into ashes, Vanitas didn't deny it and gave no reason at all, it looked like Vanitas wanted to be hurt/killed by a Vampire, if that's true, why? Also.. in Noe and Vanitas' conversation at the tower, Noe said that Vanitas had a look like as if Vanitas had given up on something, did that mean Vanitas gave up on his life?

Lol, I ask too many "why"... but somehow I feel that this is an important episode, that's why I want to really understand.

By the way, the scene when Domi ripped her dress and showed her legs looks very sexy, I like it.

Actually your questions are good and it means you really understand this episode and pay attention well.

Why Vanitas looked angry at Noe will be answered next arc.

About why Vanitas looked like he want to be hurt or doesn't care for his own well being, I think you will understand why after you learn more about him. We will learn more about him next arc. But I think this is also related with the fact that he is bothered with what Domi said that he worship Vanitas of The Blue Moon. In manga it's really clear that he is really really bothered by it to the point he is being so reckless to announce he has the book and he asked Jeanne to suck his blood. But honestly he is always reckless, but usually he always calculate everything (If he can win or not, if he think he can't win and it doesn't give benefit then he will retreat like what happen with Jeanne in episode 2). I don't think in Bal Masquerade he already calculate it.

About what Vanitas given up on, I don't think the manga already answer this but I kinda have idea what it's. Maybe you will have more insight about this in season 2. In manga, when Noe said Vanitas looked like someone who had given up on something, the author show Vanitas face after he listened to Noe in episode 2, when Noe said that what Vanitas did with the book of Vanitas is absolutely right. What Noe said seems like clue to what Vanitas had given up because at that time his face looked like someone who had given up on something, according to Noe.
Alice0006Aug 9, 2021 3:55 AM
Aug 9, 2021 4:45 AM

Mar 2020
hanakocheeks said:

To put it simply, Vanitas has a really really messed up past and even though his whole story is not even revealed(LIke 40 to 30 percent till now in the manga and the anime will cover 15 percent i think) ABout ruthven, he is a wise vampire who judges the situation according to his eyes..That vampire was going to get killed by a buearrue and all her family would have been dead and vanitas kept the damage to the minimum and also Cured several cursed bearers so ruthven judged the situation correctly and made him his guest for his efforts in other words he was able to look beyounf vanitas as well.. Vanitas is someone who hates himself the most and he hates it when people put their life in danger for him for which he acts like that as well( thats all what i can tell u till now) I hope your questions are cleared to some extent
Aug 9, 2021 5:28 AM

Mar 2020
I kind of don't even want to discuss this anime anymore because some very defensive manga readers reply to every negative comment and try to force their opinions on them and change how they feel. Could you just stop? If you don't find anything factually wrong about a comment then don't try to tell them somehow their opinion is wrong. ​

Anyway I'll just say that I think the episode's animation and even art at times was lacking and I also simply found it cheesy and boring, like most of the previous eps. I don't know when it will kick in and start becoming amazing but I am waiting for that, sceptically but patiently.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Aug 9, 2021 7:21 AM

Mar 2020
Xerx62 said:
I kind of don't even want to discuss this anime anymore because some very defensive manga readers reply to every negative comment and try to force their opinions on them and change how they feel. Could you just stop? If you don't find anything factually wrong about a comment then don't try to tell them somehow their opinion is wrong. ​

Anyway I'll just say that I think the episode's animation and even art at times was lacking and I also simply found it cheesy and boring, like most of the previous eps. I don't know when it will kick in and start becoming amazing but I am waiting for that, sceptically but patiently.
We just point out the obvious misunderstandings of the viewers to correct them...also considering it has the same writing style as pandora hearts not to mention alot of similar themes which too took long to catch the pace for some people so we are just tring to convince them to stay on board with vanitas until then?(But some people are waay to biased towards it?And dont want to view it from a different prespective) PLease dont misunderstand its simply a matter of clearing the misunderstandings and confusion of the viewers mostly...I mean can u name another fandom that helps anime watchers to understand the story this much?There might be but anyway i guess its not worth investing the time here i suppose rest assured i for one would nt bother now
234MannanAug 9, 2021 7:25 AM
Aug 9, 2021 7:45 AM

Aug 2017
234Mannan said:
Xerx62 said:

We just point out the obvious misunderstandings of the viewers to correct them...also considering it has the same writing style as pandora hearts not to mention alot of similar themes which too took long to catch the pace for some people so we are just tring to convince them to stay on board with vanitas until then?(But some people are waay to biased towards it?And dont want to view it from a different prespective) PLease dont misunderstand its simply a matter of clearing the misunderstandings and confusion of the viewers mostly...I mean can u name another fandom that helps anime watchers to understand the story this much?There might be but anyway i guess its not worth investing the time here i suppose rest assured i for one would nt bother now

Well, if you don't see the problem... People just state their opinions. When it's something negative, you always say it's a problem of "understanding", or that it's an "invalid" opinion.
And why? Why your opinion should be more valid than another one? Because you read the manga? But I noticed you do the same even for people who read it.
Instead of saying that, you should explain that it may get better after, not saying that they are wrong about their feelings.

You say that the writing style is similar to Pandora Hearts. You know, there are people who know Pandora Hearts and like it, but still aren't hooked for Vanitas no Carte.You should learn to accept that not everyone will have the same opinion on a series.
Aug 9, 2021 7:53 AM

Mar 2020
Myskae said:
234Mannan said:

Well, if you don't see the problem... People just state their opinions. When it's something negative, you always say it's a problem of "understanding", or that it's an "invalid" opinion.
And why? Why your opinion should be more valid than another one? Because you read the manga? But I noticed you do the same even for people who read it.
Instead of saying that, you should explain that it may get better after, not saying that they are wrong about their feelings.

You say that the writing style is similar to Pandora Hearts. You know, there are people who know Pandora Hearts and like it, but still aren't hooked for Vanitas no Carte.You should learn to accept that not everyone will have the same opinion on a series.
Yes u are right. Have a great day. (also if something such as the characters is bad then explain. No one can just state something is bad for the sake of it and thats what makes an opinion invalid.in other words something without a reason..And comparing a complete story to the one which isnt even half way through is absurd on its own so thats anothoer factor) Ph fans disappointed by vanitas are in a minority infact they are waaay too low and most of them are anime watchers only..l...If u claim all those things then consider these factors as well.... As for opinions, Lets say someone states that how did this happen and then some one provides an explanation for it then thats completely different of what u are implying as well and thats what mostly happens here.. I must add that there are the factors of personnal bias of the first time viewers as well(COugh cough episode 3) .. As for the the manga? I mean considering manga readers know how the story unfolds so its natural how they will counter the claims that are not present in the story made by first time viewers just like that but if u dislike the story in genreal then say so but attacking with something thats not even present and not even providing valid explanations is something else...its not just the case in vanitas, almost every anime adaptation has this case.. And i dont know if u read a manga(Not talking about vanitas manga just some other kind of story) with an adaptation yet..so that u can even relate to the situation to give an opinion on such a matter.. In any case have a good day and i hope my explanation was enough for u.
234MannanAug 9, 2021 8:13 AM
Aug 9, 2021 1:11 PM

Aug 2017
234Mannan said:
Myskae said:

Yes u are right. Have a great day. (also if something such as the characters is bad then explain. No one can just state something is bad for the sake of it and thats what makes an opinion invalid.in other words something without a reason..And comparing a complete story to the one which isnt even half way through is absurd on its own so thats anothoer factor) Ph fans disappointed by vanitas are in a minority infact they are waaay too low and most of them are anime watchers only..l...If u claim all those things then consider these factors as well.... As for opinions, Lets say someone states that how did this happen and then some one provides an explanation for it then thats completely different of what u are implying as well and thats what mostly happens here.. I must add that there are the factors of personnal bias of the first time viewers as well(COugh cough episode 3) .. As for the the manga? I mean considering manga readers know how the story unfolds so its natural how they will counter the claims that are not present in the story made by first time viewers just like that but if u dislike the story in genreal then say so but attacking with something thats not even present and not even providing valid explanations is something else...its not just the case in vanitas, almost every anime adaptation has this case.. And i dont know if u read a manga(Not talking about vanitas manga just some other kind of story) with an adaptation yet..so that u can even relate to the situation to give an opinion on such a matter.. In any case have a good day and i hope my explanation was enough for u.

One of the main complaints is about the characters being bland. On this point, it really depends on the people. Even when people say this, you say that the opinion is invalid. But it's about personal feelings.
After, you talk about comparing a complete story with one not even half way. I only cited Pandora Hearts because it's you who mentioned it. Anyways, even without comparing the 2 series, characters may have no appeal for some people.
About your statement on Pandora Hearts fans disappointed being a minority, even if it's true, I want to say: and then? They exist, right? They can give their opinions.
Also "attacking with something thats not even present and not even providing valid explanations", when people just state their feelings after watching an episode... If you want more explanation you can ask. If something is factually wrong, correct them. No need to directly say that they're wrong to feel like this.
Aug 9, 2021 2:06 PM

Jul 2020
Just finished the episode, gotta say that this episode made me really like Noe and Vanitas even more, especially after seeing their conversation at the end. Ngl, I'm also really interested in Noe's teacher as well, definitely wonder if we'll get to know more about him later on in the series

Anyways, definitely excited to see what happens next!
Zackack99Aug 9, 2021 6:14 PM
Aug 9, 2021 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
The foreshadowing there got me curious. I wonder how and what will actually happen to Vanitas in the end.
Aug 10, 2021 1:19 AM

May 2021
rayririna111 said:
honyax said:
lmao i did not like the weird ass bollywood background music. ehhhhhhhhehhhhh. not that i have anything against it, i just dont think it fits with this anime n its aesthetic
also, can we talk ab how hot the teacher is? goddamn

Bollywood bgm? whennn :0
minute 7 n 40 seconds is a scene with it lol (my bad for the late reply
Aug 10, 2021 10:06 AM

Nov 2014
zedtronic said:
Morikawa voicing the character with the best character design I've seen thus far in the show? Sign me the fuck up!

I was skeptical about this show ever since starting it, but things seem to be about ready to kick into high gear from now on and I'm totally stoked for it. Also, reading through this thread has further convinced me to get started on the manga.
You ain't the only one cheering for Morikawa as Ruthven ~ I was thrilled and happy to hear his voice, because when I read the manga, Morikawa's voice was the one I imagined for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.