Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2021 10:53 AM
Jun 2020
After the ending it was 9/10 but after I watched all the audio dramas and went back and looked at all the open scenes it became way more fun to me thus it’s my favorite show of the season, thank God Mother’s Basement put me on
Jun 29, 2021 11:08 AM

Jul 2020
Feeling very fulfilled after finishing Odd Taxi.

That was a really cool ending to this series. I guess the speculation around Odokawa seeing everything as animals while actually being human was true, and it was really nice to see that theory actually be real. The writing in this anime was amazing, and it's the best writing I've seen in quite a while.
Jun 29, 2021 11:54 AM

Oct 2019
I never saw that huge disclosure coming, though (in retrospect) I should have seen it. Looking back, as far as I can recall, I think it was only Odokawa who spoke about "people" as being various species of humanoid animals, noone else. Since this is also an original story there was noone who could spoil it either - thank the gods of anime for that!

However I always found it odd that not only couples but even families consisted of mixed animals. "How on Earth does this work?", I was thinking, "does this world have an unusually high percentage of adoptions? Can the different species even mate with each other?" etc I never would have thought though that during the first 12 episodes we were seeing everything through Odokaga's eyes; that was quite a surprise.

As for the killer of that girl, I fully predicted that she was the one who who took her place a few episodes ago, by simply ruling out everyone else without both motive and opportunity. Rui Nikaido had a motive but not the opportunity, since when she arrived to kill her she was already dead. Her colleague Shiho had neither a motive nor the opportunity. The manager had the opportunity (since he was there) but no obvious motive. So the only suspects left were her potential replacement and Yakuza rivals of Yano and co's boss, who was friends with the father of the dead girl. It was, er, much simpler and personal for the murderer to be the replacement.

What was left open in the end was whether Odokawa informed the cops about her or not. If he didn't speak to the cops it was because he forgot about her right after remembering driving her to agency, perhaps due to shock from his injury. But I think he did remember, he did speak to the cops, and offered himself up as a bait for when the killer went after him. I doubt simply testifying that he drove her to the agency about the time that girl was killed would have been enough to secure a conviction (since the Yanos and co idiots erased all the forensic evidence of the crime..); besides, her lawyers could have attacked him as an unreliable witness due to his, er, "condition" and head injury.

However setting up a sting OP for her with him as the bait, surely wired, and with cops monitoring hidden, would make her show her hand. I think that's why Odokaga smiled when he woke up from his nap; he knew, or was informed, his mark was approaching. While that would be very risky for him and arguably it would not be proper police protocol I think he set it up (again) with Little Daimon.
Even if nothing of the short happened and Odokaga simply forgot to inform the cops I strongly doubt this tiny girl could have strangled him from behind his seat like she did with her rival. I mean that's her MO isn't it? But Odokawa is more than twice her size..

fishpun said:
sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for this TwT you've made my heart lighter lol the end made me so sad but i'm now adopting this as the canon ending XD

You are welcome fishpun; I'm happy I made someone's heart lighter today ^.^
SharpedonJun 29, 2021 3:09 PM
Jun 29, 2021 11:59 AM

May 2018
This was amazing, and this ending!! This was an awesome ride, in any way possible.
Jun 29, 2021 12:30 PM

Feb 2020
Hahhahah, thats a good twist... Men I mever though about that shit.. hahahah I love this Anime, all the characters was fucking interesting all of them is awesome and when they're revealed the truth I just WOW Beautiful anime.and after the twitst they give us more twist.. hahahahha. Ahhhhh
Jun 29, 2021 1:28 PM
Aug 2020
Someone cares to explain me what the real symbolism (from the scene where Odokawa’s taxi falling in slow motion with every character watching it seeing images of objects falling into liquid)is? I get a little gist of it but want to know the legit meaning behind it.
justwinkleJun 29, 2021 1:32 PM
Jun 29, 2021 1:54 PM

Jul 2019
So weird to see all of them like that. I'm going to miss Yano and Sekiguchi a lot they were a better duo than the Homo Sapiens. ;_;
Life is a despicable endurance race
Jun 29, 2021 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
i'm seeing a lot of you mention the audio drama, are there any transcriptions/translations out there yet? TTATT

ETA:

Sharpedon said:
What was left open in the end was whether Odokawa informed the cops about her or not. [...] I think he did remember, he did speak to the cops, and offered himself up as a bait for when the killer went after him. I doubt simply testifying that he drove her to the agency about the time that girl was killed would have been enough to secure a conviction (since the Yanos and co idiots erased all the forensic evidence of the crime..); besides, her lawyers could have attacked him as an unreliable witness due to his, er, "condition" and head injury.

However setting up a sting OP for her with him as the bait, surely wired, and with cops monitoring hidden, would make her show her hand. I think that's why Odokaga smiled when he woke up from his nap; he knew, or was informed, his mark was approaching. While that would be very risky for him and arguably it would not be proper police protocol I think he set it up (again) with Little Daimon.

sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for this TwT you've made my heart lighter lol the end made me so sad but i'm now adopting this as the canon ending XD
fishpunJun 29, 2021 2:41 PM
Jun 29, 2021 2:55 PM
Feb 2018
fishpun said:
i'm seeing a lot of you mention the audio drama, are there any transcriptions/translations out there yet? TTATT

You can find it on the Odd Taxi wiki, here's the link with all of the drama's as well as a timeline of how the pen gets passed around between episodes.
Jun 29, 2021 3:09 PM
Feb 2014
What an amazing ending. CHILLS!
Jun 29, 2021 4:06 PM
Nov 2019
My spoiler free review on Oddtaxi:

● Story: It's the combination of light comedy, light slice of life, light psychology and light mystery. Well atleast that's the tip of the iceberg. It's not a narrow-visioned mystery. In most mystery shows you'll see everything revolved around "x is chasing after the mystery" or pretentious plot device. But here everyone will go to restaurants/saloons, will do their job/daily life activities, will do casual conversations, will listen to their favorite programs/idol songs and will ride a taxi. Admist all these they come in contact with each other which are relevant and meaningful to story giving it a more realistic flavour. The mystery is really well written and built with good amount of foreshadowing and devoid of "information/exposition dump" serving the true purpose of the show in a proper manner considering it's genre while poking some of the problems of our society. Viewers are the ones who are chasing the mystery here. How they mishmash humorous/daily life dialogues and meaningful/heavy ones significant to narrative in casual conversation is extraordinary. You'll have to pay attention. The storytelling and finale is simply amazing. It has one significant plot armour. But thanks to Kazuya Konomoto's amazing script which forced me to overlook that single flaw and give it a perfect score. MUST READ this 👇 forum only AFTER FINISHING the series. It shows all the foreshadowing of mystery in the series.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1926718

● Direction: This amazing anime wouldn't be amazing without the direction and editing by the talented debutant director Baku Kinoshita. It's definitely masterclass. Will be looking forward to his other works in future.

● Animation and Artstyle: Little different but perfect for the show. From character designs to coloring of frames everything are exactly what these type of show need. The expression detailing of characters also helps in foreshadowing.

● Characters: Show's one of the strongest point after foreshadowing and direction would be amazing set of characters with their own individual personalities some of which represents narcissism, obsession, addiction, jealousy etc. It helps their conversation and meaningful interaction look natural.

● Soundtrack: From simple sound effects like indicator of taxi/closing the door of the taxi to shifting of the voice along with change of the direction of a running character, background music, opening song to set the mood of the show and everything else related help oozing out the atmosphere of the show.

● Personal rating: Read the damn review. It's hidden there.
Jun 29, 2021 8:53 PM

Jan 2020
The massive score jump is deserved after a fantastic finale such as this. The human theory from long ago was actually correct and I can't believe it.

I remember reading a forum on it a while back and I thought it was too good to be true. It's pretty amazing actually seeing it play out though. Also, extension on odokawa's character was great.

Great finale

Jun 29, 2021 10:27 PM

Jan 2021
Yay human form!! Shirakawa is so pretty <3

The scene when Odokawa's taxi plunges into the sea was really good especially when the background is the moon.. it was great.

It would have been a 10/10 if the ending is not a cliffhanger like that ;__; I really enjoyed this trip with Odokawa and all characters! Such a fun ride ~

Jun 29, 2021 10:49 PM
Aug 2020
That last episode was really good. If the manga over takes the anime I'm gonna read that , if there's going to be a second season.
Jun 30, 2021 4:30 AM

Jul 2013
_fishstik said:
fishpun said:

You can find it on the Odd Taxi wiki, here's the link with all of the drama's as well as a timeline of how the pen gets passed around between episodes.

ahhhh thank you so much!!! :D
Jun 30, 2021 6:39 AM

Jul 2017
LightDrift said:
KANLen09 said:

Even the Lucky Ballpoint Pen comes back as a link to everything with the audio and voice drama!

I don't remember the pen, please refresh my memory.

The below post is your answer:

_fishstik said:
Jun 30, 2021 7:29 AM
Nov 2019
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SO...WHERE TO???

THE FINALE OF ODD TAXI...and EVERYONE is chasing after Odokawa: Dr. Goriki with his new-found knowledge about Odokawa's past, Yano and Sekiguchi for the failed bank heist, Big and Little Daimon as police acting in justice, and Shirakawa because she is concerned for him. Odokawa's inner backstory monologue about his whole life (just like Tanaka), it's just sad.

"I wish I were a walrus instead." SO THAT'S WHY the trip to the zoo is his own clinical lycanthropy (or visual agnosia by executive dysfunction) hallucinations about going back to reality, his eyes are part of the cognition of lies.

To come from a family that's wretched from a drunk dad and a bawling mom, his interest in the animal encyclopedia, as well as in cars for family rides, but ending up in the zoo just because his dad has an affair, SIMPLE AS THAT.

Everyone gathers at the harbour of fate:
- The Homosapiens Shibagaki and Baba making up for their Banzai comedy jokes;
- Rui and Yamamoto having to answer for their crimes;
- Shiho's awful backstory;
- Sakura Wadagaki, the fake Yuki Mitsuya with her own single-parent life;
- Kakihana wasting his life away just because of a sham bogus plot;
- Tanaka's life being a "Game Over" for losing everything;
- Kabasawa earning that LEGIT Twitter of a justice fame.
--> ALL WHILE Odokawa's Odd Taxi is a reference to E.T., and everything finally, FINALLY, clicks into place.

The full story of Odokawa's life on display, from cradle to death, then on the hospital bed receiving treatment at a time where he'd actually see everyone as animals, which proves that his dysfunction is pretty severe. The foundation's benefactor is CONFIRMED to be the tapir Kuroda, the one who provided him funds. And Shirakawa going down the ocean to save Odokawa, her Queixada capoeira saving his life.

AND THERE YA GO: HUMANS IN AN "ANTHROPOMORPHIC" WORLD, though not live-action, sad but true. Dobu got played by Little Daimon, though he's not free of the crimes he'd commit. And of course, Little Daimon was the one that shot him in the harbour in Yano's episode (the white dog-like hand is a strong indcator). And of course, Rui, Yano, Sekiguchi and Yamamoto all paid for their sins in arrest of the crime that they didn't commit.

The 1 billion that Imai had and won and was stolen, 100 million from the taxi is returned to Odokawa in favour of his efforts, though the money is useful in other areas. Though seeing humans in animals, I'd figure that the furry section is quite the intrigue. Of course, Kuroda knows it all, and his subordinates are pretty much true for being both Dobu and Yano. He's a criminal, but a good one too, this Kuroda.

So who's the one behind the closet?

Even the Lucky Ballpoint Pen comes back as a link to everything with the audio and voice drama!

WHAT A PERFECT AND OUTSTANDING ENDING, couldn't have any other way.

THIS IS THE SPRING SEASON'S DEFINITE AOTS, MY DEFINITE AOTY! MAJOR THANKS TO ALL who joined in aboard this thriller ride!

Ok. I think we can discuss here instead of episode 5 discussion thread as it's the last episode. I just wanted to check if I had missed anything. Was there any connection between Mystery Kiss Girl and Tanaka shown after 5th episode?
Jun 30, 2021 7:34 AM
Aug 2020
I dislike the ending...For me, that Odokawa's disease of "see people like animals" was stupid and destroy the previows good feelings that gaves me this anime.
Jun 30, 2021 8:42 AM
Jan 2021
We need 1 more episode :(
Jun 30, 2021 8:42 AM
Jan 2021
We need 1 more episode :(
Jun 30, 2021 9:37 AM

Jul 2017
@DoctoRojack I've replied back in the Episode 5 discussion, please refer to that instead.
Jun 30, 2021 9:43 AM
Dec 2020
WOW, what a ending!
Especially the killer, though I had my suspicions about her. But still make me surprised!

8/10
Jun 30, 2021 10:33 AM
Oct 2012
BESTSERK said:
I dislike the ending...For me, that Odokawa's disease of "see people like animals" was stupid and destroy the previows good feelings that gaves me this anime.
I thought BNA already bait and switched me with furry but Oddtaxi took my feelings and pissed on it.
I grew attached to anthropomorphic animals not ugly humans.
Jun 30, 2021 10:54 AM
Sep 2014
Easily anime of the season no debate. It's been way too long since we've witnessed a god tier script like this filled with masterful, witty and nuanced dialogue that never felt forced from start to finish. This can easily take a place in my top 20
Jun 30, 2021 11:07 AM
Dec 2019
BESTSERK said:

It was foreshadowed almost from the beginning and later on in several dialogues, if you were surprised by that reveal you have only yourself to blame for not paying attention.

fishpun said:

ETA:

Sharpedon said:
What was left open in the end was whether Odokawa informed the cops about her or not. [...] I think he did remember, he did speak to the cops, and offered himself up as a bait for when the killer went after him. I doubt simply testifying that he drove her to the agency about the time that girl was killed would have been enough to secure a conviction (since the Yanos and co idiots erased all the forensic evidence of the crime..); besides, her lawyers could have attacked him as an unreliable witness due to his, er, "condition" and head injury.

I also think murder cat will lose, because she was shown already as a bit dumb and too cocksure, we have her even called out as "too greedy" right before: she was just very lucky that other set up murder scene for her and then removed evidence, so there's no way other murders would be that easy for her, and she want to go solo and get rid of Shiho when manager told Rui that as good as she is she need bandmates because solo idols are not popular, and Sakura is far worse than Rui was. It should be easy to bait her in a trap.

I'm interested what will happen to Rui if Sakura gets caught and after she serves few(?) years for helping hide the body - she was really ambitious, but will she learn her lesson after she learned first hand how terrifying crime can be and now that her ambition destroyed her career, sent her to prison and almost(?) let her rot there for murder? She was pretty ruthless, but she seemed to be traumatized by what happened to real Mitsuya.
Bear_from_caveJun 30, 2021 11:24 AM
Jun 30, 2021 12:05 PM

Feb 2020
everything was perfect about this show except the cliffhanger ending. i hate cliffhanger ending. this is why I hesitate watching original anime.
i hope there is some sort of continuation (even a special would do) but i dont think there will be.
AdampkJun 30, 2021 12:32 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 30, 2021 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
I liked this anime from start to finish. I was saying to my friends after 3 episodes that I wouldn't be so sure if I'd like the anime so much if the cast was all human instead of animals... Well, I still liked the animal version more I think. The art style was great.

Did I miss calico cat human form or was it shown in the episode at all? Can someone screenshot her if she was somewhere? I tried to spot everyone, she was the only one I could not identify.
Jun 30, 2021 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
This is how you write a satisfying ending. A lot of mangakas can learn a thing or two from this show.
Easily 10/10 from me.
Jun 30, 2021 3:42 PM
Apr 2015
Einya said:
I liked this anime from start to finish. I was saying to my friends after 3 episodes that I wouldn't be so sure if I'd like the anime so much if the cast was all human instead of animals... Well, I still liked the animal version more I think. The art style was great.

Did I miss calico cat human form or was it shown in the episode at all? Can someone screenshot her if she was somewhere? I tried to spot everyone, she was the only one I could not identify.

She is at the clinic during the montage, she is the brown haired patient I think.
Jun 30, 2021 3:43 PM

Jan 2019
I think Odokawa's realisation in the hospital bed that he said he should tell the cops about is that the girl he drove in his taxi that night was the replacement idol, so he knew she was the killer.

So that last scene is just a misdirect for those not paying attention, Odokawa likely told the cops and it's a set up to catch the replacement idol.

Jun 30, 2021 4:03 PM
Sep 2020
LightDrift said:
DarkDooM2 said:
the Radio Drama ends with Sakura knocking out Taeko and threatening the listeners they're next.

I don't understand this part. Can you please elaborate?

The recording pen which is the key point of the audio dramas is a bugged pen Taeko gave Odokawa by way of Goriki as she suspected he was the kidnapper. The pen travels the case through out the audio dramas and returns to Taeko in between the first and second halves of the last episode. She listens to the recording, realizes Sakura is the murderer, which Sakura realizes herself, and kills (not knocks out, with all likelihood--Sakura is a cold-blooded killer who didn't even hesitate to murder Mitsuya to get a leg up, casually told her mom about potentially killed Shiho, etc.) Taeko so she won't get exposed. That's why you see Sakura carrying the pen at the very end.
Jun 30, 2021 4:05 PM
Sep 2020
Adampk said:
everything was perfect about this show except the cliffhanger ending. i hate cliffhanger ending. this is why I hesitate watching original anime.
i hope there is some sort of continuation (even a special would do) but i dont think there will be.

that's precisely why it's good...It's unsettling cuz there could be or could not be justice based on how you see it. It leaves you rattled cuz you don't know if Odokawa's part of a set up or if he's unaware that's Sakura and about to get killed.
Jun 30, 2021 5:43 PM
Mar 2021
This was incredible!! I really wish I didn't have the ending spoiled right of the bat by mother's basement "what to watch this season" video
Jun 30, 2021 6:06 PM
Feb 2021
This was such an amazing show. There is much I want to say that had already been expressed on other peoples comments. So I just going to type what questions I still have left on my notepad.

1. (a) Who is Kuro-chan? (b) And why would it be an issue if people were monitoring the call?
Reference: Episode 12, 4:52

2. What's Yuki Mitsuyas (dead girl) connection to Tanaka.
Reference: ?

3. Why does Odokawa feel like he's drowning. Is it possible that he predicted himself drowning? It's the only thing that's making sense to me right now. Why else would he gasp for air out of nowhere. Also, it's hinted multiple times in the series that he's scared of large bodies of water.
Reference: Episode 1, 1:46

4. Why is The Ballpoint Pen of Happiness (the pen Yuki Mitsuyas lookalike was holding) SO significant? There must be a season 2.
Reference:

Other than this, I'd like to know more about Odokawas parents. Like where were they going on that one night ride, and what happened after? Odd taxi isn't just an anime. It is so mysterious & there are so many answers that you'd have to look out for in the real world. Like these podcasts by Satoshi Nagashima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLHAWUGYPw&list=PLALPKX9PTmBZ-5X6GSm5B4rthGzNaTtpD. Or Kabasawas twitter profile https://twitter.com/kbsw_t. This was the best anime of watched all year.
Jun 30, 2021 8:33 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
CrimsonShrike said:
Einya said:

She is at the clinic during the montage, she is the brown haired patient I think.

Yeah, pretty sure that’s her:
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jun 30, 2021 9:04 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
itsjustbrenda said:
This was such an amazing show. There is much I want to say that had already been expressed on other peoples comments. So I just going to type what questions I still have left on my notepad.

1. (a) Who is Kuro-chan? (b) And why would it be an issue if people were monitoring the call?
Reference: Episode 12, 4:52

2. What's Yuki Mitsuyas (dead girl) connection to Tanaka.
Reference: ?

3. Why does Odokawa feel like he's drowning. Is it possible that he predicted himself drowning? It's the only thing that's making sense to me right now. Why else would he gasp for air out of nowhere. Also, it's hinted multiple times in the series that he's scared of large bodies of water.
Reference: Episode 1, 1:46

4. Why is The Ballpoint Pen of Happiness (the pen Yuki Mitsuyas lookalike was holding) SO significant? There must be a season 2.
Reference:

Other than this, I'd like to know more about Odokawas parents. Like where were they going on that one night ride, and what happened after? Odd taxi isn't just an anime. It is so mysterious & there are so many answers that you'd have to look out for in the real world. Like these podcasts by Satoshi Nagashima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLHAWUGYPw&list=PLALPKX9PTmBZ-5X6GSm5B4rthGzNaTtpD. Or Kabasawas twitter profile https://twitter.com/kbsw_t. This was the best anime of watched all year.

I haven’t checked out any of the extra media that supplements the main story so im not 100% on all of these, but from what i picked up from the show:

1- Kuro-chan is Kuroda, the big guy with the tattoos (aka the Tapir) who helped Odokawa thru the orphan fund, but he is also the yakuza boss that Dobu & Yano work for. Donraku is a publicly respectable & well-known figure in the manzai & rakugo world, but also has yakuza dealings thru Kuroda, and that connection could be discovered if the two of them speak on the phone when the police could be listening.

2- I hadn’t noticed there was a connection, (other than the super-rare eraser Tanaka bid on as a child being modeled on Mitsuya’s father Donraku) so not sure on this one.

3- Odokawa almost died in the same incident that killed his parents (more on that below), Though he has no memory of the event or what really happened to them, he is subconsciously haunted with thoughts of drowning.

4- This ties in mostly from the associated audio dramas (that i haven’t listened to yet), but as @peaswar explained above:
peaswar said:
The recording pen which is the key point of the audio dramas is a bugged pen Taeko gave Odokawa by way of Goriki as she suspected he was the kidnapper. The pen travels the case through out the audio dramas and returns to Taeko in between the first and second halves of the last episode. She listens to the recording, realizes Sakura is the murderer, which Sakura realizes herself, and kills (not knocks out, with all likelihood--Sakura is a cold-blooded killer who didn't even hesitate to murder Mitsuya to get a leg up, casually told her mom about potentially killed Shiho, etc.) Taeko so she won't get exposed. That's why you see Sakura carrying the pen at the very end.

Regarding Odokawa’s parents, it’s pretty certain their “night drive” was intended to be a one-way trip. His mother, dissatisfied with her life & marriage and no doubt suffering from major depression loaded her drunk husband into the car along with Odokawa and planned to drive them off the pier into the bay. Odokawa survived, but received the head injury that caused his condition as a result.
gappasaurusJun 30, 2021 9:12 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jun 30, 2021 9:21 PM
May 2015
SideCharacterKal said:

AND GODDAMN IT WAS JUST A CAT IN THE CLOSET, we got bamboozled and baited!

The detail was in the OP, sadly. Spoiled it for me.

Jun 30, 2021 10:35 PM
Jun 2017
God, this series felt so good. The plot, the ost, the characters, the visuals, the enjoyment overall... Might as well give it a 9.5. I'm reluctant to give it a 10/10, but it really deserves a high score.
So that theory I and some more were holding up was confirmed. It all made sense if you knew where to look.

That said, the change was a bit unsettling. I was already accustomed to the furries, so...
But it wasn't bad. Nikaido is actually pretty. Baba-san looked way older than I pictured him to be, though.

Now that I've mentioned the furries, it's a goddamn pity that this anime will probably be overlooked by many just because of the fact it's starred by loosely anthropomorphic animals. Well, their miss.

Holy God in Heaven, that ending!

It's worth noting that most 13 episodes series tend to peak around the 10th or 11th episode. OddTaxi managed to sustain the suspense until the end.
PaulotronatorJul 1, 2021 10:33 AM
Jun 30, 2021 10:41 PM

Feb 2020
peaswar said:
Adampk said:

that's precisely why it's good...It's unsettling cuz there could be or could not be justice based on how you see it. It leaves you rattled cuz you don't know if Odokawa's part of a set up or if he's unaware that's Sakura and about to get killed.

no, thats not good for me. i dont like cheesy horror/slasher movie ending. there is no justise, i prefer okakawa dying in the ocean rather than about to be killed by edgy immature little girl. it would have been a 10/10 for me if its conclusive. but now its not anymore....all sorts of regrets are flooding in my mind....missed opportunity for me.
AdampkJun 30, 2021 10:55 PM
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 30, 2021 10:47 PM
Sep 2020
Adampk said:
peaswar said:

no, thats not good for me. i dont like cheesy horror movie ending. it would have been a 10/10 for me if its conclusive. but now its not anymore....missed oppertunity for me

just cuz it’s inconclusive doesn’t mean it’s a cheese horror movie ending, nor does a good ending have to be conclusive. If you want every ending to be a happy ‘oh my god we saved the day hurrah’ ending you’d have no variety in the show. Sometimes a lack of gratification is better than an ending which gives you it (I can think of some very famous, very good anime which also have intentionally unsatisfying and unsettling endings)

we got a chilling, mysterious ending. An ending which ends in the middle of the tale, just like odd taxi’s start, which begins in the middle of the tale as well. It’s a masterfully directed finish, which leaves you with a sense of dread and intrigue.
Jun 30, 2021 10:57 PM

Feb 2020
peaswar said:
Adampk said:

no, thats not good for me. i dont like cheesy horror movie ending. it would have been a 10/10 for me if its conclusive. but now its not anymore....missed oppertunity for me

just cuz it’s inconclusive doesn’t mean it’s a cheese horror movie ending, nor does a good ending have to be conclusive. If you want every ending to be a happy ‘oh my god we saved the day hurrah’ ending you’d have no variety in the show. Sometimes a lack of gratification is better than an ending which gives you it (I can think of some very famous, very good anime which also have intentionally unsatisfying and unsettling endings)

we got a chilling, mysterious ending. An ending which ends in the middle of the tale, just like odd taxi’s start, which begins in the middle of the tale as well. It’s a masterfully directed finish, which leaves you with a sense of dread and intrigue.

thats how most slasher movie i have seen ends though. they are also intentional
AdampkJun 30, 2021 11:02 PM
BIO

Jun 30, 2021 11:33 PM
May 2020
Adampk said:
peaswar said:

no, thats not good for me. i dont like cheesy horror/slasher movie ending. there is no justise, i prefer okakawa dying in the ocean rather than about to be killed by edgy immature little girl. it would have been a 10/10 for me if its conclusive. but now its not anymore....all sorts of regrets are flooding in my mind....missed opportunity for me.
why they make the ending like that? Because many people is just like you, always complaining in everything. Let me explain, if they make that girl kill odokawa with same way like she killed mitsuya yuki you guys will say "ouh, that doesn't make sense, odokawa is full grown man, killed by a child who not even a pro killer, even yamamoto need some extra effort to kill odokawa" and if she kill odokawa with a knife you guys will say "that was dirty, and she will get arrested, and also she need to do it with a cleaner move, that sucks odokawa just ended up death by a knife" or if they make she kill odokawa by a poison you guys will ask "where tf she get a poison?" or even if she didn't kill odokawa at all you guys will say "so what the point she into odokawa taxi, just for talk no jutsu" for god sake they just have 24 minute in this episode. They need to explain odokawa situation, they need to explain the other character situasionh, they need to explain whats in odokawa closet, they need to explain about the orphan, they need to explain the killer, even they made a new character design and use it just for 1 fcking episode, you can say "ouh if they don't have enough time, why they don't make this anime into 24 episode or atleast 14-15 episode" man, they don't have such a big name, this is the debut work for the director which is very well for the debut, this anime original, and i'm kinda sure they finish this anime before christmast and they just didn't get spot for winter 2021. And the TV guy will give them extra episode for unproven anime original, hell no. The show is great 10/10 with that cliffhanger so you can assume by yourself what is gonna happen to odokawa.

Edit : i forgot to say this, P.I.C.S studio never make an anime before, i'm pretty sure OLM help them a lot . Thats why, the character in human form some have Pokemon vibe and some of them have Inazuma vibe
LostintourJun 30, 2021 11:58 PM
Jun 30, 2021 11:58 PM

Feb 2020
Lostintour said:
Adampk said:

why they make the ending like that? Because many people is just like you, always complaining in everything. Let me explain, if they make that girl kill odokawa with same way like she killed mitsuya yuki you guys will say "ouh, that doesn't make sense, odokawa is full grown man, killed by a child who not even a pro killer, even yamamoto need some extra effort to kill odokawa" and if she kill odokawa with a knife you guys will say "that was dirty, and she will get arrested, and also she need to do it with a cleaner move, that sucks odokawa just ended up death by a knife" or if they make she kill odokawa by a poison you guys will ask "where tf she get a poison?" or even if she didn't kill odokawa at all you guys will say "so what the point she into odokawa taxi, just for talk no jutsu" for god sake they just have 24 minute in this episode. They need to explain odokawa situation, they need to explain the other character situasionh, they need to explain whats in odokawa closet, they need to explain about the orphan, they need to explain the killer, even they made a new character design and use it just for 1 fcking episode, you can say "ouh if they don't have enough time, why they don't make this anime into 24 episode or atleast 14-15 episode" man, they don't have such a big name, this is the debut work for the director which is very well for the debut, this anime original, and i'm kinda sure they finish this anime before christmast and they just didn't get spot for winter 2021. And the TV guy will give them extra episode for unproven anime original, hell no. The show is great 10/10 with that cliffhanger so you can assume by yourself what is gonna happen to odokawa

what are u trying to explain me how she will kill odakawa ?

i am not complaining. i just dont feel the sense of satisfaction in the ending....what can i do. i am just writing in a discussion page thats all.
if its a 10/10 for u, good for u. but its not for me anymore. i dont even want to remember the ending.

edit - also everything u are saying feels like ur complaint rather than mine. i said its perfect except for ending. for me its too perfect to have such ending...thats why its a tragady
AdampkJul 1, 2021 12:11 AM
BIO

Jul 1, 2021 12:17 AM
May 2020
Adampk said:
Lostintour said:
why they make the ending like that? Because many people is just like you, always complaining in everything. Let me explain, if they make that girl kill odokawa with same way like she killed mitsuya yuki you guys will say "ouh, that doesn't make sense, odokawa is full grown man, killed by a child who not even a pro killer, even yamamoto need some extra effort to kill odokawa" and if she kill odokawa with a knife you guys will say "that was dirty, and she will get arrested, and also she need to do it with a cleaner move, that sucks odokawa just ended up death by a knife" or if they make she kill odokawa by a poison you guys will ask "where tf she get a poison?" or even if she didn't kill odokawa at all you guys will say "so what the point she into odokawa taxi, just for talk no jutsu" for god sake they just have 24 minute in this episode. They need to explain odokawa situation, they need to explain the other character situasionh, they need to explain whats in odokawa closet, they need to explain about the orphan, they need to explain the killer, even they made a new character design and use it just for 1 fcking episode, you can say "ouh if they don't have enough time, why they don't make this anime into 24 episode or atleast 14-15 episode" man, they don't have such a big name, this is the debut work for the director which is very well for the debut, this anime original, and i'm kinda sure they finish this anime before christmast and they just didn't get spot for winter 2021. And the TV guy will give them extra episode for unproven anime original, hell no. The show is great 10/10 with that cliffhanger so you can assume by yourself what is gonna happen to odokawa

what are u trying to explain me how she will kill odakawa ?

i am not complaining. i just dont feel the sense of satisfaction in the ending....what can i do. i am just writing in a discussion page thats all.
if its a 10/10 for u, good for u. but its not for me anymore. i dont even want to remember the ending.

edit - also everything u are saying feels like ur complaint rather than mine. i said its perfect except for ending. for me its too perfect to have such ending...thats why its a tragady
yeah its good for me, looking Odd Taxi beat out the crap the other spring 2021 anime with a big name on it. Atleast for fcking one time i really proud of MAL community even i just a guy who doesn't important to the community.
Jul 1, 2021 5:07 AM

Apr 2018
_hikigane said:
SideCharacterKal said:

AND GODDAMN IT WAS JUST A CAT IN THE CLOSET, we got bamboozled and baited!

The detail was in the OP, sadly. Spoiled it for me.

Yeah I saw it too xD
But I was like ''This might be a bait again.'' But sadly, it was true..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 1, 2021 9:42 AM

May 2020
The twist was not really surprising but overall, much like the rest of this show, was well handled. It was really nice seeing all the characters in human form.

As for the final scene, I hope Odakawa makes it out alive. Maybe a second season or something ? I hope so, even though there's really not much more to elaborate on and I highly doubt they'll make another special/season for this. Goddamnit, that final scene is stressing me out.

This is definitely the best show I've seen this season. Great writing, a nice story and very likable characters. Might just be my anime of the year.
Jul 1, 2021 11:51 PM
Jul 2, 2021 12:08 AM

Feb 2008
So the hints that were given in some episodes about Odokawa viewing people as animals, turned out to be true.
Overall, this series was a huge surprise and in a good way. I'll give it a solid 9/10.
Jul 2, 2021 12:12 AM
Mar 2019
Great ending! I just have one more inquiry though: do you guys think that since what was behind Odokawa’s door was a cat, Odokawa’s illness may have interpreted it as something else? He seems to be shocked that it is a cat, even though the cats been living with him for a while now. Maybe his fear of what the cat truly was to him caused him to house it in a completely separate room. Even further, if his illness had caused him to perceive the cat as a human, than it would make much more sense that he would only be able to speak to it behind a partition, as he has trouble looking at people in the eye! Regardless, a great ending to tie everything together. There were definitely high expectations going into the final episode, so I’m glad they went out with a bang! 8/10
Jul 2, 2021 7:33 AM

Feb 2015
I didn't really notice that Odokawa was the only person who refer other people as "animals"
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

87 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 3, 2021

90 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.