Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 22, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a better way to end this spin-off series, than to celebrate the Happy New Year in Tempest!

Short stories:
- A glorious New Year, and Rimuru's giving of money as respect...of a joke of stones.
- Milim looks nice in a kimono, and he praised her right that she seems elated.
- The shrine visit...and guess who's the god: Rimuru himself in his slime form for all Tempest brethren to pay their respects to. Hope he doesn't have to be on the stand for too long.
- Shion's worry that her large breasts will sag in the tight Yukata, and Milim is A-OK beause FLAT IS JUSTICE.
- Fortune-telling, and Gabiru is in high spirits for having great luck...too much of praises is never a good thing (and is that a Nazi reference I see), and he got fooled as a joke.
- The goblin kids playing match-up of Rimuru, and Gobta sure knows how to make an impression, but Rimuru's face is derpy disheveled to not lose out.

Everyone participating in calligraphy to commemorate the New Year in their own ways and words, that's nice.

- The kids having fun playing badminton in the outside lands...except for Milim and Shion who takes it like a real match with OP powers.
- The males donning their half-nakedness and pounding mochi, and Papa Geld proves again of his cooking skills of making delicious mochi that looks and tastes good.
- Who can fly the kite highest, and Souei does a ninja slash in air to rid outsiders between him and Soka's time in the air.
- Treyni once again making things unnecessarily tense, while wearing a Furisaode. She looks brillant.
- A buffet between the Kijins, only except that Shion lost badly to Milim with her face almost smeared in ink.
- Rmuru can dream about Shizue, and a special training in dreaming.
- Another praying statue in replacement for Rimuru, but the Rimuru-sama mochi statue looks more appealing with double the happiness lols.

And that's the end of the Slime Diaries...with the anime! The slice-of-life manga is still ongoing, and live a good life to the denizens of Tempest!
KANLen09Jun 22, 2021 8:51 AM
Jun 22, 2021 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
Aye, the girls dress to impress again in this show.

It's fitting they went with a New Year special to celebrate the Slime Diaries finale. It was a fun show overall, nothing really extraordinary but a show like this served as a fine breather before part 2 airs this Summer.
Jun 22, 2021 8:18 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like Tempest's new year celebration is going on pretty great. Everyone's in their celebratory dresses and everyone looks amazing. Rimuru gives some rocks and yes Shion, of course, they're Rimuru's balls. LMAO. The shrine visit was cool even tho Rimuru was the god. LOL.

Overall, a good spin-off. The slice of life factor of this show really impressed me even more than I anticipated initially. We already got two full seasons of slime and now for the summer season. It was very light-hearted and cute for what it was. Can't wait to dive into the actual story.

Jun 22, 2021 8:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well now with the final event of the year it makes sense to finish like that, it was fun following them through all the seasons xD and sure that it's quite funny for a not serious spin-off like that with the characters in cute and joyful situations, it's the perfect kind of anime to wait before the real events of the next part
Jun 22, 2021 8:36 AM

Feb 2019
Ah so the fluffy peaceful times are finally coming to a close. Def gonna miss watching everyone in such a relaxed state. Knowing what’s coming in Tensura s2 part 2, they’re in for a ride.

Shion and Milim arguing over boobs in their Yukata definitely highlight of the ep lol. Love those girls
Jun 22, 2021 8:39 AM
Sep 2015
I'm not ready for the big action in Tensei Slime SS2 Part 2!
Jun 22, 2021 8:59 AM

Apr 2014
Rimuru disguised himself as a kagami mochi. lol
Shion and Milim in kimono are looking very nice. Treyni looks very gorgeous in her furisode.

I'm gonna miss those relaxing daily life, I hope Tensura Nikki will get the second season.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 22, 2021 9:12 AM

Jan 2018
This was actually a nice spin-off. Waiting for Part 2 now.
I'm a bit surprised that Milim was in so many episodes. When I was starting this series I thought she'd be only in one or two episodes in the middle. Glad she was in more. Love her.
But

Jun 22, 2021 9:34 AM

Dec 2020
It was a good spin off series and enjoyable to watch. Nice to see the girls in the Jukata. Now to the part 2 im hype
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 22, 2021 9:55 AM
Oct 2016
The final entry of our tensura nikki aka slime diary. I really enjoyed this spin off side story. Its a nice breather between the craziness that is season two for the main anime. Along with showing these great characters just enjoying life it gives us a greater opportunity to grow attached to them. Which I very much did. Lots of the side characters get more shine here than in the main story which is nice. Geld especially I came to love and admire a ton more seeing him here with the goblin kids. Makes me root for him even more when he beat some ass in the first half of season two. Rimuru certainly had many crazy shenanigans to deal with in this side story with Shuna, Shion, Gabiru, and Gobta all being extreme versions of themselves. Many moments that made me laugh, every episode had some nice comedy and heartwarming moments. Milim joining halfway through was nice, she's the ultimate wildcard here to add some extra craziness to the fun. Over the course of this show going through the different seasons and how the people of Tempest enjoyed them all. Spring, summer, fall, and winter, even Christmas and new year's. All good times to see these characters enjoy their lives together. A very wholesome time every week this season that I thoroughly enjoyed! Cannot wait now to get back to business with season two returning soon.

83/100
Jun 22, 2021 10:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After Christmas the next big one to look forward too will naturally be the new year. Now that was one hell of an outfit that Shuna prepared for Rimuru though. Funny in that the ball had the opposite in terms of reactions though. The kimono's though really serve to enhance the beauty of each of the girls though. Milim's reaction to Rimuru's praise was adorable though. The years first calligraphy though was pretty unique. I guess Milim and Shion's little rivalry is something that never changes no matter what year it is. Geld's popularity with the kids is undeniable. The lunch meeting between Rimuru's closest allies was nice though. Looks like Shion ended up being defeated in the worst way possible. Overall a pretty cute and entertaining finale to end such a warm and surprisingly fun series. The usage of the new year and the events associated with it i felt was used excellently and served to remind us that after a long and turbulent year a new year will serve to allow them all to step back and rediscover the things that's most dear to them. Now that the cast had their fun its time to get back to business and take stock of the situation in the main story. Im glad that Milim stayed until the end. 8/10 easy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2021 10:43 AM

Nov 2014
And so it ends. It was ok I guess? As much as I was hyped for SoL Slime, differences in character design and some out-of-charatcer behaviors kinda wasted it for me. At the same time some other characters (i.e. Shuna, Treyni) were fun to watch doing weird or unexpected things.
It's kinda funny how I found this version of Milim annoying, despite being her fan. But by the end I actually thought that bratty side of hers is cute too and I wouldn't mind spoiling her lol.
Jun 22, 2021 10:49 AM
Jun 2020
Rimuru sama no Tama lol
Jun 22, 2021 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
I can finally say that i liked this spinoff far more than the actual OG parent anime..
this anime just doesn't tries to overly exert its jokes or make them repetitive..
i wish other spin offs could have this much passion.. only few other that i can think of my mind would be Fullmetal Panic Fumoffu and Attack on titan Junior High which had this much passion and love..
i doubt we will ever get a season two.. but if we ever do.. i would gladly watch that..
9/10 from me.. just a wholesome comedic anime that i will probably re watch some scenes of..
Jun 22, 2021 11:20 AM

Mar 2018
I had a lovely time watching this show, super chill show to just unwind to; going to miss it :(.

This episode was much of the same, smiles and happiness to go around, but also some funny moments as well. This whole show has been a pleasant surprise, and I wish there was more.
Jun 22, 2021 11:26 AM

Sep 2019
There were some boring episodes but it was a fine show overall. It got better after Milim showed up.
Jun 22, 2021 11:30 AM

Aug 2020
I want to stay in this peaceful season of Tensei Shitara, but i can't wait the big action at S2 part 2.

Jun 22, 2021 11:48 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So that's the end of Slime of Life I guess. Overall, it was fine though no more than that for me personally.

While the characters were further developed than the main series with everyday sheinanigans, I can't say all of the jokes hit. In fact I found some of the episodes just dull or very slow. More so, sometimes I forget that Rimuru is supposed to be a thirty-year-old man reincarnated (more or less) so the recurrent realization doesn't fit with the way he behaves nor the others around him. Seriously, do we really need to hear "Rimuru-sama" every 5 seconds or less?

In any case, if you're a fan of the series, maybe you'll like this as a distraction from the main action and the one that's yet to come. Otherwise, it's hard to say this will convince you to give it a shot.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 22, 2021 12:23 PM

Jan 2021
Happy New Year! I hope that one day I will get a stone as a present as well

Ahh, I'm going to miss this, I'm hoping for a second season 0.0 7/10

Now, on to season 2 part 2
Jun 22, 2021 12:37 PM

Feb 2007
Rimuru is friend, not food...

Geld, friend of all the little kids. ^_^
Jun 22, 2021 1:20 PM

Apr 2020
Overall it's not better than the main series but it's still nice fanservice for the fans. 7/10 it was a good watch.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 22, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2019
I felt this series started out feeling very fresh and slowly became boring as it drew to a close. Still there were things that I enjoyed. One of them being appreciating the characters more. One of my biggest problems in this show were drab characters like Shuna and Shion given too much screentime. Even Milim, someone I didn't have much good opinions about in the original show, actually subtly displayed some appreciable character depth here. In fact, I naturally like her more in the clothes she wore throughout Nikki. Yeah, clothes maketh the demon lord.

Gobta felt more suitable and rememberable in this side-story. I also liked the Treyni screentime. At the end, the group of people whom Youm was dismissing as "a bunch of filthy dudes" have actually more interesting characters than most of the highlighted male characters of Tempest.

I think, the biggest accomplishment of Tensura Nikki were the Gerudo parts. Each of his little moments, especially with the Goblin child were simply golden. And, the show is aware of his charisma too, as they repeatedly show his hard-working, loyal and loving nature. For these things, I'll be giving this as high a score as the main series.

Looking forward to S2 cour 2 and a good adaptation!
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 22, 2021 1:37 PM

Feb 2014
12 episodes feels too short for a fun spin-off like this one. =(

Regardless, I had a really fun time and this last episode gave me plenty of laughs as usual. Seeing Shion, Shuna, Milim and even Treyni in their kimonos was a treat in my eyes, but the jokes were even more memorable. Shion dissing Milim due to her flat chest was asking for revenge and Milim did that by dissing Shion's large chest saying that it'll get saggy in the future.

No surprise that their rivalry got so intense that they had a large-scale badminton battle against each other. HaneBado, eat your heart out! XD

Fittingly, it seems that Shion lost that battle, as she had her face covered with ink when she was eating with her family later on, looking rather depressed. That's what she gets for insulting Milim's excellent figure, after all! =P

Overall, this spin-off was really fun and one that was made better with good production values and jokes that were hilarious which went well with the wholesome moments, too. You can thank Geld and the loli goblin girl for that!

Unsurprisingly, since this is me after all, the series got even better when Milim arrived and I was happy with the large amount of screentime that she got. Bratty and impatient she can be at times, but she ALWAYS put a big goofy smile on my face when she acts like she usually does. She's a good girl and I love her for that. ^_^

8/10 will be my final score and I highly look forward to season 2 part 2 of the main series. This Summer is already looking promising!
Jun 22, 2021 2:29 PM
Feb 2018
So sad to see this end
Needed more child like millim soninrewatched the first 9 eps of black bullet
Jun 22, 2021 2:29 PM
Feb 2018
So sad to see this end
Needed more child like millim soninrewatched the first 9 eps of black bullet
Jun 22, 2021 2:39 PM

Sep 2020
So it ends. Sad to say goodbye to this chill series. I wish itll get a S2.

Shion and Milim boob argument and badminton battle are the highlight for me.
Poor Shion, she lost, ink says it all. LOL
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jun 22, 2021 2:46 PM

Apr 2018
Milim and Shion in a kimino is so CUTE. This was a wholesome anime, really loved the interactions between Shion and Milim/Rimuru. SOL Tensura really made my Tuesdays better. Well this was the last episode. Celebrated New Year together and that's it. Shion's face full of ink LOL. Rimuru dreamin abt her again.
8/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 22, 2021 3:24 PM

Apr 2020
Solid side story series. I only wish we got to see more of the good boy, Ranga. The little goblin girl must be protected at all costs.
Jun 22, 2021 3:50 PM
Nov 2017
I will miss this show. The best spinoff of all
Jun 22, 2021 4:09 PM

Aug 2019
sad to see this go because I really enjoyed this but regardless I’m glad season 2 part 2 of the actual anime is airing next season
Jun 22, 2021 4:11 PM

Nov 2011
I loved this anime and this episode. The interaction between Shion and Miliam are always hilarious!

I wonder if that Harpie or Bird was a preview of what is to come for the new season. Im intrigued!

9/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 22, 2021 5:03 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
One Shot, One Kill

What a lovely finale. New year event felt very wholesome when the monsters just had fun together. Rimuru-sama always be an awesome figure. Even when the joke really can't be understand, always risking the lives in the middle of the deadly Badminton shit. Still, everyone always loved you, even to your balls. So, yeah, its a wonderful finale before reaching the serious parts of this show.

Overall this is a fun trip, got one and two chuckle. Gerudo still being an awesome papa, and Milim, always destroying some door. Cuute! Hope there's a continuations of this damn spin-off tensura. That's it all from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 22, 2021 5:21 PM

Jan 2021
I loved how Shion and Milim playing badminton hahaha and whenever Gobta competes and get beaten up with them in this series haha sad to see this will go, but yeah thanks for the producers, studios, staffs and seiyuus for this spinoff series adaptation!
Jun 22, 2021 5:54 PM

Oct 2018
Best slime of life of the season.
Jun 22, 2021 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
what a great episode to end as good as new year I liked the Rimura commented on new year which is something very good for the end of a show that had a great outcome for a spin off.
Jun 22, 2021 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
great spin-off show, Millim is too damn cute here
can't wait for her badass moments in season 2 part 2
Jun 22, 2021 8:31 PM
Aug 2018
pikeman1 said:
great spin-off show, Millim is too damn cute here
can't wait for her badass moments in season 2 part 2
slime diary also may get second season
Jun 22, 2021 10:02 PM

Jan 2018
This spin-off was really fun and relaxing to watch, I especially liked the art style.
It gets a 8/10 from me.
Now it's time to wait for S2 Part 2.
Jun 22, 2021 10:08 PM

Jul 2013
It felt kind of weak for me cosidering this is the last ep. But the anime as a whole has been enjoyable. Can't wait for the 2nd part of S2
Jun 22, 2021 10:56 PM

Jul 2016
Episode fully focused on New Year celebrations to conclude this spin-off and I gotta say I absolutely loved it. Shion and Milim in their yukata, arguing over boobs with the latter roasting that other female Demon Lord was hilarious and the scenes with Geld serving mochi to the kids; the Kijin group having a heartfelt family moment and Rimuru dreaming of Shizue were as wholesome as one could expect.

Honestly, this SoL spin-off ended up being way better from what I was originally expecting. It was sweet, chill, funny and absolutely wholesome. And things only got better once Milim showed up.
Seriously, such a delight to find out that TenSura can also work pretty well as "feel-good" anime.

8/10 - A second season would be quite welcome.
Jun 23, 2021 7:35 AM

Nov 2019
Taking place between the Orc Lord and School Teacher arcs of the main series, the only differences here are a lack of action/drama and notably altered character design for a few characters.

Making it flat-out worse unless the only thing you liked about that was the comedy.
Jun 23, 2021 7:41 AM

May 2018
A nice relaxing ending to a nice relaxing spin off of a sometimes nice and relaxing series! I will miss this a bit but this is basically 12 episodes of fluff. I enjoyed it nonetheless. 5/10
Jun 23, 2021 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
it was a decent end for the spinoff but for me, it just wasn't enough, it was too plain for this series and it didn't make me feel anything at all
Jun 23, 2021 12:35 PM

Aug 2018
What a wonderful 1st half of slime dairies I can't wait to see what they will come up with in the second half of this season. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! .. Overall 8 out of 10 Awesome side story
Jun 23, 2021 3:27 PM

Jul 2017
Ya know what? For a spin off dedicated to slice of life only, it was really well done! I mean, if you like TenSura characters, its a blessing already for you to enjoy this show. Was really refreshing to see all the characters relaxing and doing cute stuff all around! So yeah, im quite satisfied with this ^^

8/10 lets go 2nd cour of the 2nd season!
Jun 23, 2021 8:44 PM
Aug 2018
WaterLord said:
Ya know what? For a spin off dedicated to slice of life only, it was really well done! I mean, if you like TenSura characters, its a blessing already for you to enjoy this show. Was really refreshing to see all the characters relaxing and doing cute stuff all around! So yeah, im quite satisfied with this ^^

8/10 lets go 2nd cour of the 2nd season!
this may get a season two
Jun 24, 2021 12:13 AM
Mar 2018
Did not expect to be so entertained by a spinoff of series I binged quickly. Held my attention for the whole season, and kept it on my watchlist with very few other shows.

Super excited for season 2 part 2, can't wait to see more Rimaru! 8/10

Jun 24, 2021 4:17 AM

Apr 2009
Ah it's over. Geld always have a back story or parts in almost all episodes with that little goblina.

7/10 I liked it, short and sweet.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 24, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2018
Celebrating the New Years is always fun, I will miss this show and how chill it was seeing everybody having a good time especially the children 8/10 for me.
Jun 24, 2021 5:10 PM

Jan 2014
I haven't watched something so relaxing and enjoyable in a long time. These short episodes from everyday life during the different seasons were so cute and fun. I may even dare to say that this series surpasses the original, but I'm a slice of life lover and have always preferred everyday life to some fights and action. As in the original tensura I wasn't interested in many characters, in this series I started to like them all. OST in this series is a masterpiece, each song there fits perfectly into the situation.
Strong 9/10, in my honest opinion it's anime of the season on a par with "Slime 300". I recommend to everyone who watches a slice of life, really amazing anime in this category, and if there is a second season I will be really REALLY happy.
GlutekJun 24, 2021 5:14 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2021

61 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 20, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2021

49 by Magicmist »»
Apr 15, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2021

50 by Magicmist »»
Apr 14, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2021

45 by Magicmist »»
Apr 14, 2:43 AM

Poll: » Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2021

66 by Magicmist »»
Apr 13, 4:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.