Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that is one tough mother to deal with. I'm not surprised to see Yoshida having to deal with that harsh words but getting on his knees to beg...? That takes a lot of guts. This was all for Sayu too and how selfless he is as a person.

Sayu also knows how much Yoshida cares for him and the two had some special moments themselves this episode. Cute. Only one more episode left!
Jun 21, 2021 7:34 AM

Apr 2010
Well that's a perfect example of bad parenting, honestly the reason Sayu turned out like this is because of her mothers behaviour.
Her mother is way more concerned with herself rather than her daughter on top of that she is way to strict and doesn't give her daughter much attention.
Honestly Sayu's brother is way more mature and responsible then her mother is.

Well let's hope her mother learned something from this.
Jun 21, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2020
Well the mother is a bigger POS than I expected. She's probably mentally ill in some way or another imo, as her actions tend to not seem sane, like when she realised she was cornered that was the main trigger for me to think this way but what the hey, I'm not a psychiatrist.

Like I thought, the mother slapped sayu because HER reputation got damaged, not the fact that sayu ran away without telling her. Seems like she's heavily concerned with her own image, to the point she forgets about her own child. I don't really get why they don't just report her for neglect/abuse or why sayu just didn't go to a foster home, but I'm not too well versed with that side of things, especially the japanese side of things so its not really my place to say anything.

Her mother's tirade was honestly so stupid, like sure, you'd be concerned about some random old stranger that came back with your daughter from tokyo, but not enough to snap at him straight off the bat. I seriously don't understand how sayu kept herself from shouting or leaving the room, she was getting so much slack and you could see how much her mother despised her through her conversations.

When yoshida gripped the coke glass, I about leapt into the air with a guts pose, but he did the adult thing and controlled his anger so props to that. Surprised he dogeza'd like I assume that's a respect thing when you're begging as you're the lowest of the low - both physically and in the conversation- and sayu's mum definitely didn't deserve that, but sometimes you have to put your pride to the side to get what's right.

Her little temper tantrum really threw me off, like a little kid that gets angry when they don't get what they want. Issa really is acting as though he's aiding her thought pattern, like her behaviour was uncalled for but he supported her, making it seem okay but I guess she is family after all, but I do wonder where he draws the line.

The little outside scene was heart warming, and yoshida gripping sayus hand back was sweet but then issa had to ruin the moment eh? Again did not expect yoshida to want to talk to the mother again, moreover apologise for his actions, but yoshida-man is on a separate plane of thinking to me.

Seem like sayu's life may get better, fingers crossed we get a nice ending and not some dodgy no one wins ending, where both yoshida and sayu find their own happiness elsewhere whilst remembering the memories and impact they had on one another!
LeviathanHWDJun 21, 2021 8:24 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 21, 2021 8:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sayu's mother saying that she shouldn't have been born was horrible, good thing that Yoshida kinda fixed the situation and that she'll be able to stay here until she graduates but well it's still really bad for her psychology I suppose, especially how she cried after hearing what her mother said.
Jun 21, 2021 8:23 AM
Dec 2017
I'll rate this episode "not buying this forced drama/10".
Jun 21, 2021 8:23 AM

Jun 2019
I was thinking maybe her mother would have some valid points but oh boy... was I wrong. The mother turned out to be a total bitch. What a horrible mother she has. I can't imagine living with someone like that myself. I don't blame Sayu for what she did. Bitch was literally saying that she shouldn't have given birth to her. Like really?

But, man props to Yoshida, even being a stranger, how much he cares about all of this stuff and how much she cares about Sayu. The guy got onto his knees in front of her mother to convince her to stay there at least until she gets graduated. And, he became successful in that. Yoshida will go back to Tokyo in the morning. One more episode to go.
Jun 21, 2021 8:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The reaction of the mother was so over the top that it felt unnatural. Even if you're furious at your daughter, you don't blow up like that in front of a complete stranger.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 21, 2021 8:26 AM

Feb 2019
The mother is clearly mentally ill and is a perfect example of “some people just shouldn’t have kids” such a toxic and unhealthy situation to grow up in. If your own mother is saying she shouldn’t have had you, of course you’re going to have self worth issues. Her little tirade/semi nervous breakdown felt so over the top and dramatic that only psycho could’ve pulled it off. Glad Sayu found Yoshida so she can actually be somewhere she’s loved until graduation.

One more ep next week, gonna be sad to see this go /:
Marinate1016Jun 21, 2021 8:30 AM
Jun 21, 2021 8:26 AM

Oct 2017
Yoshida groveled for Sayu, respect for this legend. Other than that the interactions between them and Sayu's mom felt a bit superficial.

One more episode to go. I wonder how they'll end this.
Jun 21, 2021 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Karen mom..did she told her to give birth
Jun 21, 2021 8:28 AM
Jan 2021
So Sayu's mom also has mental illness ...

Author really went so far ...

Too bad Project No.9's animating ability can't keep up with the awesome power of voice acting in this episode.

This is actually a classy and high-value dramatic content, Higehiro gives something really real about a broken home child, who then chooses the wrong path in his life, then then repent after meeting a good person.

After all, this is the fault of the anime industry as a whole, even though there are production companies and animation studios that are better, even very good, also making anime with the same theme (even with original concepts), namely "untrustworthy adults."
teofilusSWJun 21, 2021 8:35 AM
Jun 21, 2021 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Man, that's not how you treat your runaway daughter, Mother. Your stuck-up attitude sucks shit, that's why Sayu had to run away, she has simply no choice.

Good thing that Brother Issa is around to meditate things between mother, daughter, and the caretaker Yoshida. Her strict, self-caring attitude is what no parent is supposed to be, and that infuriates Sayu a lot. Giving no leeway even to Yoshida, she is the epitome of a bad influence, and Sayu facing her head on is really commendable given how much flak she has received.

I wish I could be like the chad Yoshida and inadvertently (almost) splash water on her, but he's an outsider, and could only argue the best that he could while holding back, exposing the real truth between the miscommunications. Knowing where to draw the line between being a stranger and being family, Yoshida feels powerless, but he knows how to make things work, even with a Dogeza together with Issa that sends her to a frenzy.

Feeling conflicting emotions is a first for Yoshida, though Sayu sharing the same sentiment is very thoughtful. I can never think of a better pairing of Yoshida and Sayu living a life together, even if the entire world goes against them with morals attached.

Repairing the mother-daughter relationship will always be a work in progress, and it's settled for now, and with thanks to Yoshida for calling his heart pangs out to the fullest. The last sequence with Yoshida's pep talk with their mother, hopefully she'll be able to learn a thing or 2 over this.

Such a powerful set-up episode for the finale next week though, I'm thoroughly impressed.
Jun 21, 2021 8:31 AM

Apr 2014
Sasuga Yoshida-san. Big thanks to Yoshida, at least Sayu will be able to stay here until she graduates.

I would say for the 40,938 time Sayu's mother is horrible and being the worst of all. That mental illness aunty's attitude is the worst, she doesn't try to understand anything about Sayu and blaming everything on her, everything!! She just cares about herself and her social status. She doesn't even have enough maturity to be a mother.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 21, 2021 8:33 AM
Mar 2021
Man
Than was a hell of an episode
I was literally crying my balls out by the time yoshida kneeled before her
I could never imagine just gow much hatred Sayu tolerated in her life.
Against all that hatred and torture, those six months she spent as a runaway looked nothing.
Let's make a 'Sayu's Mom Hate' club, after all she's a psyco
Jun 21, 2021 8:35 AM

Jan 2021
Ahh, the mother playing the victim now, she's insufferable...
Thank goodness Yoshida has used talk-no-jutsu

We'll have to see if he'll really keep his word or not... 0.0
This time they'll really have to say goodbye (╥_╥)
Jun 21, 2021 8:38 AM
Mar 2021
So the villain of the story really is Yuzuha Mishima and that’s so sad. Sayu and Gotou both had bigger chance to be with Yoshida and the sad fact is she really did like Yoshida and was the better option. She shot her shot despite the audience groaning and moaning to get off their screen. Sayu’s mom is just narcissistic empathy-deprived character. I feel sorry for her mom and even more for her daughter. While she may be the antagonist to set the story in motion... it’s Mishima who will still be the villain just because she likes a guy... and that’s absolutely heartbreaking
Jun 21, 2021 8:44 AM

May 2020
In the previous episode, I thought that Sayu lowkey deserved that slap from her mom after being gone for a couple of months. But man... I take that back.

Her mom definitely needs to get something from the dispensary or seek some help from a therapist.
Jun 21, 2021 8:49 AM
Apr 2017
I get it that they put pauses to make it seem like the characters are going through stuff in their head (especially Sayu), but they do it to often. And because they do it so often, they basically force you to notice how bad the animation is. This show started with an interesting premise, but it slowly died to pacing problems and degrading quality.
Jun 21, 2021 8:53 AM
May 2021
I’ve seen tons of terrible anime parents, some just hate their children like most Fruits Basket parents, and some try to redeem themselves, like Endeavor, but Sayu’s Mom, she’s beyond help, if this were real life, she would’ve been arrested for child neglect/abuse. Props to Yoshida for being able to control his anger and just being there for Sayu.
Jun 21, 2021 9:00 AM

Dec 2020
Yoshida made her realize that you shouldn't say something to her own daughter, that even yoshida cries was already emotional.

I hope the relationship between sayu and her mom is getting now better but im not sure about it.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 21, 2021 9:03 AM

Sep 2019
So she changed her mind as soon as Yoshida got on his knees? Eh. As someone said above, this part reeks of forced drama.
z00nexJun 21, 2021 10:38 AM
Jun 21, 2021 9:13 AM

May 2020
Yoshida should have asked mom to let Sayu marry him. He would get Sayu back and - as a man and wife - could even have a legal sex with her. Sayu's mom would not need to bother about raising Sayu anymore. Win-win situation.
Jun 21, 2021 9:16 AM

Aug 2019
Yoshi chad again saving the day against from karen mother....
Jun 21, 2021 9:22 AM

Sep 2020
This is going to be a hilarious post. I really liked the anime but this is how far it goes. No characters would be harmed in this post

Yoshida is the real chad. Man it was hilarious af when he started drinking XD. Should have actually thrown the glass at sayu's mom.

Telepathy going on!

It does not even feel real anymore!? Like what the heck actually happened this whole episode?! Turns out sayu's mom was just a psychopath and i would not like to talk about her worst parenting skills.

Chad Yoshida is crying{{{(>_<)}}} I don't really care about sayu anymore but this was disheartening.

Overall, my ratings have really dropped for this series ever since Sayu's past has been revealed. The animation quality also keeps getting worse. The emotional scenes does not even feel real. It's just melodrama.

(No comments about Sayu and her brother. There is nothing good I can point out :D)
Jun 21, 2021 9:22 AM

Dec 2015
mythical_k said:
I’ve seen tons of terrible anime parents, some just hate their children like most Fruits Basket parents, and some try to redeem themselves, like Endeavor, but Sayu’s Mom, she’s beyond help, if this were real life, she would’ve been arrested for child neglect/abuse. Props to Yoshida for being able to control his anger and just being there for Sayu.

That's exactly what I thought, she cited Yoshida as having committed a crime, but he could easily report her.

A crazy mother who says her life is difficult but is supported by her son.
A son who is rich but cannot buy Sayu a house.
The classic rejected daughter from another marriage.
And the script protagonist who resolves everything in the conversation.

Yoshida could have asked for Sayu's custody right away and taken her away.
Jun 21, 2021 9:26 AM
Jul 2019
Aversa said:
Well that's a perfect example of bad parenting, honestly the reason Sayu turned out like this is because of her mothers behaviour.
Her mother is way more concerned with herself rather than her daughter on top of that she is way to strict and doesn't give her daughter much attention.
Honestly Sayu's brother is way more mature and responsible then her mother is.

Well let's hope her mother learned something from this.

Even thou she learn, I will never forgive and never forget if I were her daughter, you abused me for 16 years yet you're sorry?! Go to hell!!
ironcross30Jun 21, 2021 9:32 AM
Jun 21, 2021 9:29 AM
Aug 2020
I got to say this anime really highlighted the fact that no matter how rough you have it with your parents you don't disrespect them, try to resolve it in the most respectful way possible

By not losing his temper yoshida really showed sayu that fighting wasn't the solution because I'm pretty sure the mother character is not fit mentally and her past with her husband obviously took a toll on her.
Sayu is perfectly in the right to have animosity towards her mother but her time spent with yoshida made her grow up and mature and to stop judging paper and try to talk things out. This way imo the objective of the series is completed.
The real asshole imo is her brother I mean assuming that he's a grown adult he could have dealt with the situation before it escalated. It really pisses me off to see him smiling in front of sayu when he should be on this knees begging for her forgiveness. The scene where the mother loses it after yoshidas speech was soooo human and I really appreciated the way sayus mom showed vulnerability and even though it was self pity It also looked like she knew how much of a failure she is as a human in comparison to yoshida

I'd say this series is a low 7/10
Jun 21, 2021 9:39 AM
May 2021
It doesn't change a thing if compare to Sayu didn't run away in the beginning. The mother didn't promise to mend the relationship.
Jun 21, 2021 9:41 AM

Feb 2020
Is it only me who didn't like this resolution?

I don't subscribe to the "blood is thicker than water" thing. I, with my western POV, hoped that after Yoshida stopped himself from throwing the glass of juice at her, he'd tell Sayu something like: "let's go back home." and she'd reply: "Hai" tearfully.

But now, she's gonna stay in that awful house until she graduates from high school!? It's preposterous...

I don't think nobody should take s--- like that. Not even from parents. Maybe a lot of people here never really saw stuff like that in real life, but I saw. There are plenty of people out there - millions upon millions - who cut their parents off for stuff just like that.
Jun 21, 2021 9:43 AM
Mar 2019
i like a lot.

I swear in last episode put more after novel finish to know the future
Jun 21, 2021 9:44 AM
May 2021
I hate the mother that’s all I gotta say. Also when yoshida cried ngl I teared up a little cause that was depressing as hell.
Jun 21, 2021 9:48 AM
May 2021
I was expecting Yoshida after he almost threw the glass, to ask if he could become Sayu's guardian, but he didn't. I don't see how this is a better solution to be honest, but I understand in Japan family is everything... We'll see how the last episode goes.
Jun 21, 2021 9:51 AM

Jun 2019
I know this is supposed to be a serious episode, but I can't but laugh at Yoshida aiming the drink to Sayu's mother but but then proceeded to drinking.
Jun 21, 2021 10:02 AM
Dec 2018
Well, you can't choose your family and parents like this are the reason so many people are screwed up. Parents ought to influence their children's lives but not too much, especially when they are unstable like this.

The episode was a bit overdramatic but an improvement on some of the recent episodes. All set up for Sayu to come back to Tokyo and one of them to confess next week.
Jun 21, 2021 10:07 AM
Jun 2021
i have no words for sayu's mom, but my heart couldn't stop melting when sayu and yoshida saw the night sky with theirs hands holding each other. Yoshida never makes me dissapointed. Respect for his wisdom!
Jun 21, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2015

Is this even the sem anime from the first few episodes?
The writing has gotten down the gutter.. characters have become cringey..
i know about toxic mothers but this is just unrealistic.. Sayu's mother has to be retarded to be even remotely act like that..
Yoshida's englightment of "children do not get to choose their parents" is COMMON KNOWLEDGE.. dude just spouted a few nonsense and everyone went into awe..
What even is this BS? just one more episode.. this anime had so much potential.. and now its become trash
UkRsJun 21, 2021 10:25 AM
Jun 21, 2021 10:22 AM

May 2021
I really hate Sayu’s mother. Wish Yoshida really did throw that drink on that little selfish ****
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 21, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2019
This episode says it all: This show is nothing but forced drama, cringe writing, bad handling of its themes, illogical presentation, and utter insulting to my intelligence.

The anime has decreased in writing value ever since the rapist shit happened. Before then, it was at least watchable. I can't wait to tear this shit show apart.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 21, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2014
As expected, Sayu's mother really is a lower level of scum and it really showed during the confrontational talk that all four of them had. Was most of the drama here forced, like a lot of users above love to criticise this show for? Yes, but most drama IRL is pretty much the same forced crap as well, so the criticism here sounds rather hollow and cheap, even if true.

I really thought Yoshida would chuck the glass at Sayu's mother and most guys in his position would've done it without hesitation, but he was smarter than that, so he downed the drink and his words and actions finally got through to her mother, who seriously needs to get some help, as her mental state of mind looks to be in pieces in this episode.

I felt bad for both Yoshida and Sayu as they went outside and both broke down in tears, but their moment together was sweet. Sayu will have to stay at home until she graduates and I do hope she can somewhat form a bond between her and her mother, if it's possible.

Who knows how the last episode will go and whether Yoshida ends up with anyone or will still be single, but as long as he's happy and Sayu is happy back home, then that's fine with me. =)
Jun 21, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2019
UkRs said:

Is this even the sem anime from the first few episodes?
The writing has gotten down the gutter.. characters have become cringey..
i know about toxic mothers but this is just unrealistic.. Sayu's mother has to be retarded to be even remotely act like that..
Yoshida's englightment of "children do not get to choose their parents" is COMMON KNOWLEDGE.. dude just spouted a few nonsense and everyone went into awe..
What even is this BS? just one more episode.. this anime had so much potential.. and now its become trash

It was never good to begin with.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 21, 2021 10:38 AM

Jul 2019
honyax said:
This is going to be a hilarious post. I really liked the anime but this is how far it goes. No characters would be harmed in this post[/u]

Yoshida is the real chad. Man it was hilarious af when he started drinking XD. Should have actually thrown the glass at sayu's mom.

Telepathy going on!

It does not even feel real anymore!? Like what the heck actually happened this whole episode?! Turns out sayu's mom was just a psychopath and i would not like to talk about her worst parenting skills.

Chad Yoshida is crying{{{(>_<)}}} I don't really care about sayu anymore but this was disheartening.

Overall, my ratings have really dropped for this series ever since Sayu's past has been revealed. The animation quality also keeps getting worse. The emotional scenes does not even feel real. It's just melodrama.

(No comments about Sayu and her brother. There is nothing good I can point out :D)
LMAO HAHAHAHAH yes, couldnt agree more.[/quote]

I laughed watching the whole scene through. Jesus, it was mind boggling obvious that they don't know how to present this inner monologues. Like, did they seriously sat there and stared at Yoshida for 10mins while he was thinking to himself? It really takes you out of the show and it's absurd it's getting the passing grade.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 21, 2021 10:40 AM
Nov 2019
Oooh Teh Dramaz....

This is gradually sinking lower and lower, the writings getting worse, clichéd and stereotypical and the staff have obviously given up bothering too.

At least the artwork was a bit better this episode. plenty of static shots to keep the budget & effort low.

One more episode to go - at least we don't have to worry about a second season as they've ripped through the LN, ruining large chunks of it..

Final episode is bound to be predictable.

I wish Yoshida had told her mother "No I didn't - but plenty of others have because of you!" when Sayu's mother asked if he'd done anything with Sayu.
penrhosJun 21, 2021 10:45 AM
Jun 21, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2011
After this episode,I wonder how Issa turned having an okay personality, with less than 10 years of difference between.

This anime I began because of beautiful ladies, and stayed because of Yoshida.
Jun 21, 2021 10:55 AM
Apr 2020
Ok things went nicely then i ever expected it to go and i am happy.
For a moment i thought he would lose his anger and probably makes matters worse but dammn man you are hell of a breed. I was totally caught off guard when he didn't let his emotions get over him.
Above all nice one
But seriously thats one hell of a bad parenting. This is also the main reason for children running away from home and then later get in all kinds of trouble.
Jun 21, 2021 11:00 AM

Mar 2014
The Mommy went from a mean old hag to fucking psycho and the brother is fucking useless
Jun 21, 2021 11:03 AM

May 2016
That was by far one of my favorite episodes of this series, Yoshida handled the situation really carefully. 5/5
Jun 21, 2021 11:05 AM
Feb 2021
When he says only she (sayu's mother) has the right to raise her, he is talking presumably about the law. But hasn't he heard of adoption? A child can be legally adopted even if their parents are alive (if their parents want it). Also this woman is inflicting mental harm on her daughter and behaving in a way that can be construed as misfit and can be lawfully stripped of her rights as parent (I am not an expert on law and not law in japan specifically but it is common knowledge that it happens if parents are drunks or do hardcore drugs or are serious criminals).
Maybe yoshida doesn't want to take responsibility or he sees sayu in some other way (wink wink) that he doesn't want to take her as his daughter.
Dec 2017
I was hoping Yoshida will talk to Sayu's mother. Charm her, marry her and then become Sayu's father.

I mean it can be a good ending. Yoshida becomes rich, sayu gets good parents. Her mother can get a good partner.

And fuck that jealous intern and lying boss girl.
Oct 2016
Hey, the older brother of the young woman is a perfect idiot, in real life he should talk to his mother and not the young woman because she is still immature and defend her. These idiotic Japs have no place to empathize with them.

An unpleasant chapter, from beginning to end, who writes these stupid things.
Jun 21, 2021 11:09 AM
Nov 2017
Sondfer said:
I'll rate this episode "not buying this forced drama/10".
Yeah man I agree with you.....
This episode felt just too forceful with too much melo drama which felt very unnatural.....
And sayu's mother who had such hatred against her daughter suddenly got change of heart in just like an hour.....
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

185 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 12, 8:09 PM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2021

175 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 9, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.