Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 1, 2021 8:51 PM

Jan 2011
despite playing the game right now can only think this is a promo for it still deciding on if i actually want to watch it, regardless i should be done it before the anime even finishes so i can just skip around to the good stuff if it actually looks decent
Jul 1, 2021 10:47 PM

Oct 2016
That was fine, not amazing but it was fine. The plot is interesting and the characters are just ok so far. I don't know if this is like a prequel to the game or an adaptation of the game itself, but I am sure the game is a way better experience. Had my eye on the game for a while now, haven't bought it yet though, maybe when it goes on sale on steam.

I am guessing it's either Kasane's mother that saved Yuito or there's some time travelling shenanigans happening. The others designs also kinda interesting though in a weird way lmao. OP and ED is great though. Let's see if it gets better in the next episodes.
Jul 2, 2021 2:10 AM
Sep 2020
Generic stuff..but nothing bad till now
Jul 2, 2021 2:21 AM
Oct 2010
Okay first episode, but ultimately pretty forgettable in terms of design, characters, initial plot setup, etc etc etc. I don't really expect much from any game tie-in anime, and this lived up to that to start with.

Have to see where it goes.
Jul 2, 2021 7:25 AM

Mar 2014
Meh it's so generic and boring
5/10
Jul 2, 2021 1:31 PM

Sep 2018

Ooff...

That was painful.

Anyone prepared to step up with a reason to watch another episode?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 2, 2021 8:52 PM

Aug 2017
Looks generic as fuck but I don't mind. Nagi is annoying. Conspiracies, mysteries, etc.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 2, 2021 11:07 PM

Oct 2008
hmmmm another edgy show?...let's see...
3/5.

Jul 3, 2021 4:32 AM

Jun 2013
I don't know what to say, that was pretty generic
Jul 3, 2021 5:20 AM
Apr 2021
for anyone confused about why this episode is getting such low reviews, it's because it feels like generic shounen drivel.

The world felt pretty lifeless. I always hate it when anime overuses holograms like this, but aside from that the world doesn't really have any consistency. I can't look at any one shot and say "that is 100% scarlet nexus" like you can with something like 86 or Vivy from last season. The world is also very similar to Akudama Drive (I dunno if anyone still remembers that tho lol)

The characters are all cliche and rather unpromising. Our main has no charisma to speak of and his friend is borderline obnoxious.

I don't see any hope for this show unless it has a really good story.
Jul 3, 2021 6:33 AM

Jul 2016
RedChrome said:
Meh it's so generic and boring
5/10

Yeah I had it at 6/10 as it will no doubt provide some good honest fight scenes with little thinking time needed.
Jul 3, 2021 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
Yikes. The fight scenes turn out to be horrendously animated, and if I am gonna be honest, I predict it will stay that way for the rest of the anime.

At first, I wanted a Code Vein anime adaptation, but now, I am thinking we dodged a bullet with that not being adapted into an anime.
Jul 3, 2021 5:12 PM

Nov 2016
It seems that the game came out a week ago, I don't really know if Nagi is a original character or not from the anime (I think he's not), but can someone that knows the plot of the game tell me if he dies?

The episode was overall great, although the enemies were a little meh, and them showing all the powers at the same time in the same episode was also meh. I might or might not buy the game depending if Nagi stays alive or not.

AlvaritoterreosJul 3, 2021 5:49 PM
Jul 3, 2021 5:46 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Not sure what to think of an enemy that looks like a corset wearing flower bouquet. And if the Others feed on brains, our two heroes are safe. Along for this ride but hoping the clown car gets dropped off soon.
Jul 4, 2021 4:01 PM
Mar 2021
Whether this anime reminds me too much of Anime 86 too many of the same or similar things are in it, it's not original.
Jul 4, 2021 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
It has potential, but i feel like ive seen this 20 times before
Jul 5, 2021 5:51 PM

Nov 2017
Decent start,banging ED song though!
Jul 6, 2021 9:51 AM

Nov 2012
I think its a safe drop, cant really like this type of shows, how can I say it? boring, cant get my attention, too plain.

My Candies:

Jul 7, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2013
It's okay. I do like the character designs, especially the MC. Very 2000s emo hair.
Jul 7, 2021 9:07 AM

Feb 2021
I haven't played the game, but the anime looks great. The design is interesting, the graphics are good and the CGI is very well used.
Jul 7, 2021 9:54 AM

Jan 2019
Looks like the anime is bad too lmao
Jul 10, 2021 8:39 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
I thought it was okay
This is probably gonna be an okay anime
Not really expecting much out of it but I'll stick around.
Jul 11, 2021 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Everything was painfully average from the character, designs, animation and set up. Not really looking like something I would enjoy. Possible drop.
Jul 12, 2021 7:15 PM

Dec 2016
I watched the Music Video of Red Criminal by the Oral Cigarettes and found out it was the OP of this anime so then I decided to watch the 1st episode to see what it's like. So, it was really boring and generic. It's like a bad mixture of Deca-Dense and 86 and so many other anime.

And their enemy...flower vases grew legs and started running around attacking humans to eat their brain.....looks like something you'd do when you run out of any creative ideas. Next I won't be shocked to see doors grew legs and mouths and started eating humans.

Looking at the VAs of Yuito, Nagi and Kasane, it's literally JJK Itadori, Fushiguro and Nobara XD

Both the OP and ED is good.

Anyway, I watched it just like that, not gonna continue it and not even gonna add this in my list as dropped.
Jul 13, 2021 8:43 AM
Apr 2021
For me, the first episode is so good
Jul 14, 2021 1:16 PM

Feb 2012
Yuito remembers the woman that saved him when he sees Kasane? Probably Kasane's mother, because Kasane would've been too young.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 15, 2021 3:35 AM

Jun 2011
The setting seemed promising but after watching the first episode I think I am really going to drop it. It's just not for me..
Jul 16, 2021 6:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I come here because the game actually looks nice enough. But this start feels shallow already, even though the art actually pretty decent and the ost is fine. Maybe because its first pov by Yuito, and not with Kasane? Well, if thats true then, i can't do anything about that choice. Even if they spit it sometimes, i feel like its not enough. Oh well. Expect some more good action and avoided cringe generic character interaction like Nagi response, for god sake. In the end, i may feel regrettin my decision here to start this off. But, well, as always from the anime game adaptation, 4 season in a row, i may put this as low as possible to waste my damn time on the weekend. Hopefully its get better. But ... That's it all from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 22, 2021 11:32 AM

Apr 2015
Expected nothing and got nothing lol

Sad how the industry wastes budget into these lifeless shows
Jul 24, 2021 9:02 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting... based on the game...

Tho... feel kinda off somehow.

Since the end of ep 1 says something like "we don't know the truth" and such... which is exactly my reaction to ep 1 too, they literally explained nothing and just threw us in following this dude and plant monsters killing people.

Plus, where did they all get special abilities? they explained nothing... at least BokuHero explained how ppls gained special abilities...

___ ___ ___

(I haven't play the game, however I watched others play, but my reaction will be based on anime only)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 7, 2021 8:50 PM
Oct 2019
solid start. the characters are interesting, not awful or annoying. plot has potential

7/10 start
Jan 26, 2022 3:59 AM

Jul 2015
Certainly an unique design for the 'Others' with one looking like a walking bouquet which makes me wonder how it would eat a human brian.

Aug 9, 2023 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
At first i thought it was weird that these elite fighters were squaring off against what amounts to sentient flower pots and lava lamps, but then i saw that this show is based on a jrpg game, so that explains it. i guess?
Mar 10, 5:16 PM

Mar 2016
So I just started the game not too long ago, and while I started with Yuito's route, I intend to play through the entire game; I've become a bit obsessed with this game and was excited there was an anime. Obviously I can't watch too far because I want to play the game first, but I just had to check out episode 1; the curiosity was killing me. I wouldn't mind watching more too!

I'm about at chapter 5 of the game, and while it's a bit hard to understand, I appreciate having to pick up on details through worldbuilding and I do like all the characters I've gotten to know thus far...and I'm shocked but, the anime did it all justice for me!

All the characters showed up, all with good introductions that set them up and a nice little opening narrative that worked great! I actually liked this as an introduction more than the game's opening! The game kinda just threw you in without any warning (maybe I was supposed to play Kasane first? I don't know)

But this totally worked for me! I even liked that Brain Drive was shown without any explanation as a setup for a (hopefully) future explanation! Not everything or everyone can be fully explored in the first episode, so I like just leaving open ended setups to tackle later on, and so far, I think the groundwork is solid to do it justice, even in a different way!

It worked for me! And this is by far the best game adaptation anime I've ever seen. Some last a bit longer (Requiem for the Phantom) and some fall apart immediately (P5 anime), but so far, I want to be optimistic! And now I want to play more the game so I can continue watching!

It's pretty damn impressive to do a totally different opening episode than your source material and still nail the feeling and set up a large cast and world so well!

I give the episode a 4/5 and the series an 8 so far! I like to update as I progress! So hopefully it maintains this level! I'm impressed thus far!
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scarlet Nexus Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2021

28 by KantenDestroyer »»
Mar 24, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Scarlet Nexus Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2021

33 by CrimsonCW »»
Mar 15, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Scarlet Nexus Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2021

15 by Anenha5 »»
May 3, 2023 9:46 AM

» should i watch it ?

ThatDeadMikey - Jul 6, 2021

31 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 11, 2022 7:34 PM

» I love this game but

Jontayy - Jul 29, 2021

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 8, 2022 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.