Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2021 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, they threw a big party for the series' end rather than going with a big fight. I think perhaps the most interesting part of the episode is the Twilight Zone-like feeling with Alice and not everyone remembering Karen. World has indeed changed.

Anyways yeah, they concluded the show in a safe way featuring pretty much all the main cast. Kasane seems to be finally at peace with Yuito. The latter wants to change the world so that's his own adventure.

Dec 23, 2021 5:59 AM

Jul 2017
The finale of the ultimate end...and the Scarlet Guardians have a lot to do....EXCEPT that this is a timeskip of sorts? YEP.

Everyone is already forward into the future, with all the plot threads resolved after the aforementioned timeskip. Yuito is fine while his family suffered tremedously given all the behind-the-scenes work, and both Fubuki and Alice are betrothed.

Shiden and Kagero got promoted as Commander, Karen's younger brother Luka ascends as Head of the OSF, all is fine...if not for Karen's sacrifice which left everyone (except for Yuito, Kasane and Fubuki) forgetting about his presence in exchange for Alice's life.

The fact that sacrifices have been made to achieve the new future that Karen has re-written, and the world is at the hands of those who forge it.

A "nice" and decent ending all things considered, and Scarlet Nexus's anime adaptation as a whole is 1 POINT better than King's Raid.
Dec 23, 2021 7:11 AM
May 2021
Satisfying ending to the series, liked it a lot. The animation of this series improved a lot from ep 14 Or 15. Would have loved to see kasane x yuito getting married lol. But they will not be able to see each other as kasane going to moon later on. But good to see they are all alive and well.
Dec 23, 2021 8:01 AM

Dec 2010
I still don't know why I tortured myself by watching this to the end. It's not like the plot itself was stupid, but it just wasn't engaging at all. 26 episodes later and there's not a single character I care about, not even the protagonist.
By the way, did this adapt the whole story or does it continue with the moon plot?
Dec 23, 2021 9:02 AM

Apr 2020
A worse version of the game in every way. Unless you liked the game you should consider it giving a chance like I did or just skip it and play the game again. It will be better. 5/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 23, 2021 6:51 PM

Oct 2016
The game is still way better, but I did like that the anime added some extra scenes in some parts of the story. The anime is definitely more enjoyable if you played the game, treat it as a complementary thing to the game. I suggest giving the game a try, it's one of my favorite games this year. As for the anime, I give it a 6.5/10
Dec 23, 2021 11:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
An alright epilogue with everyone career in the future. General Shin. Lmao Kagero, nice joke. Shiden now the commander, Arashi will always together with him no matter how lazy she looked. Yuito keep coming up with a naive dream. While Kasane still on the brave mode as she can to be the the only recon to the moon. Holy shit, girl!

After such reunion until these episode, those half-sibling just separated again with their own career path. They indeed fell far apart. But, like they said too, the bond SAS will always connected them all along. So, there's nothing really changed that much here, except for the obvious, 'who's Karen?' to almost everyone.

Okay ending, still mostly bamboozled with how Karen's end. Its then average at best for Arashi faith as an overall for me. But i feel like, they can do more better, if only the first cour hold a decent start. Since its not, there's nothing you can do with how everything revolves at the end here.

Move on....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 24, 2021 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
Honest thoughts. At least it could've made you interested to play the game at least. I'll give it that. I did enjoy it, even if it felt like a chore sometimes, and honestly, like I said, it would've been better to play the game.
Dec 24, 2021 9:42 AM
Jan 2020
Now they want to finally deal with the unethical sociopaths after decades of child torture?

Plus we still don't find out anything about the moon, which is just dumb as radio communications should now be possible. Sending Kasame to the moon blind is even dumber as you can't just send someone there without determining where you're gonna land.

Gotta wonder how many favors were called in to get this mess funded for 26 episodes.

Dec 26, 2021 6:33 PM

Jan 2019
Sheklon said:
Then, Karen sacrifices himself, for some reason, to close the Kunad Gate and bring Alice back. But how? Where did he go? Why was that the only thing altered in the past, no time paradox, not butterfly effect or anything...

At least we still have one episode to explain some things and give a more concrete ending, but dammit, that was a rushed and poor execution of an ending. I wonder what will happen to Yuito's headaches and if we'll get any information about the moon people.

Well, at least some of my concerns were answered with this episode. I don't hate the idea of leaving a final episode just to explain things and clarify how our characters will be doing from now on at all. It's a good choice, just maybe a weird one for a show with pacing issues.

There isn't much to complain. The last bit of combined speech with Kasane and Yuito was a bit cheesy, but it's not a big deal. Not a spectacular ending, but a decent final episode. The main problem of this show was trying to bite more than it could chew by compressing too much content in a few hours and in a series format. Everyone witnessed the pacing issues and some people had issues connecting with the characters due to that problem. Not to mention the awful execution of Karen as a last boss.

Yes, the anime made me interested in playing the game, I don't feel like this is a cash grab , but it's a flawed adaptation nonetheless, so I'll have to settle for a 6.5/10 score. On that note, I'm also curious if the moon plot continues in the game.
Dec 30, 2021 10:57 AM

Oct 2016
so, does the anime expand in any way from the game? i was finishing for it to end to watch it since i played the game, but 26 episodes is a lot
Jan 2, 2022 9:31 AM

Sep 2021
I managed to endure through this! Gotta give credit where its due though, its good that we are able to see a little more of the aftermath of Karen's (who?) that last boss's decision to sacrifice themself.

Hope anyone that managed to keep watching till the end will try out the game after this (if they are able to), if only to experience more of the story from Kasane's point of view and to see better character developments for everyone.
Jan 24, 2022 6:01 AM

Mar 2013
I really love the potential of the story and its characters but the adaptation was really bad... >_< (animation was actually great, especially the art styles and 3D maneuvering). Though I always get tired watching it even one ep per day just to hope something better than the previous one, to finally finish the story.

It was really obvious that Karen replaced or removed his existence to save Alice and it left a disappointing taste. There's no happy ending for this one, even romance was non-existent. *BIG SIGH*

I really need a sequel for a happy ending route if possible but I doubt its existence after watching this whole series.
CrazyButNot4UJan 24, 2022 6:18 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 27, 2022 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
Thinking positvely, the benefit of almost nobody remembering Karen is that almost nobody will feel bad that he's gone now. Overall quite bland series with a decent end to it.

Apr 24, 2022 6:52 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
A bittersweet ending (even similar to Revisions like that), Yuito completely lost his powers, and they all must go separate ways, positively move on into the future. It was a good ending and anime for me and opposite to others (who come watch the anime because they played the game), I WANT TO GO PLAY THE GAME because of seeing the anime. Closing note, Hanabi is HOT! 10/10 anime
張大です for 張大勇督察
May 3, 2023 9:46 AM
Oct 2017
Thank God it's finally over!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scarlet Nexus Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2021

28 by KantenDestroyer »»
Mar 24, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Scarlet Nexus Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2021

33 by CrimsonCW »»
Mar 15, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Scarlet Nexus Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

83 by CrimsonCW »»
Mar 10, 5:16 PM

» should i watch it ?

ThatDeadMikey - Jul 6, 2021

31 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 11, 2022 7:34 PM

» I love this game but

Jontayy - Jul 29, 2021

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Sep 8, 2022 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.