Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, this episode had that Zombieland Saga style humor that I've always enjoyed about the show.

Franchouchou also looks more like zombies more than usual especially on stage in front of those kids. The mask breaking scene was priceless. I wish they kept them on the whole show though.
Jun 17, 2021 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
WELP, a massive power outage and flood in Saga? Even the Franchouchou house was uprooted, became a house boat, to only disintegrate on shore in fullview of the zonbie girls. The Saga prophecy from the Reiwa Era is slowly becoming real and playing into effect...

The Franchouchou girls have go by their Numbered names, and the legendary Tae Yamada is as comical as usual, except that the truth about them being zombies aren't an exposed secret yet, so girls, please do well to keep mum about being a zombie! Even in such a dire situation, having fun with the sheltered adults and kids to pass time is heartwarming to see.

...at least for the Saga reporter who still has doubts that people know that Franchouchou are zombie girls and his expose of a plan.

Thank Heavens that both the barmaster and Kotarou got out of that underground bar scot-free...AND DID SAKURA'S MASK FACE JUST CHIPPED? WOW THAT'S META hilarious with those Mona Lisa-like horror facial expressions of the Franchouchou girls. But of course, they can't keep their makeup for that long without anyone noticing.

Pretty smart of Ai to propose making actual Ozaki masks instead of the wear-and-tear makeup, but they look like Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees lookalikes...WHICH THE MASK BREAKING SCENE...HOLY F***ING SHIT that is the usual Zombieland Saga type of hilarity.

Well, I guess the naivety of the kids passed the Franchouchou girls for being actual zombies, and they did their job of conveying their feelings forward. The Saga reporter is convinced now of Franchouchou's state, and with Kotarou's request, aims for the idol group to make it big for his revenge back at EFS.

The Revenge is happening, for the glory of Saga, to an all-out "throw the dice" fate. All glory to Kotarou's present and his predecessor for upholding the Saga dream alive.

A comeback revenge of the sweetest kind, for eternity.
Jun 17, 2021 9:01 AM

Jan 2014
Those kids are so precious, even if they believed that they were Zombies, they'd still treat them as well, them. To them, they're the idol group, the sweet idol group, aiming to help out and put smiles on their faces in these hard times. What precious angels honestly.
Jun 17, 2021 9:02 AM

Feb 2019
“You’re not zombies, you’re franchochou” goosebumps during that scene. It doesn’t matter whether they’re alive or not, the people of saga have accepted the girls into their community and into their hearts. Kotaro definitely succeeded. Loved the moment with he and Sakura at the end and the flashback to his past. You don’t always see him emotional, so it’s a nice event.

One last ep to go :/ hopefully s3 isn’t as long a wait as this was
Jun 17, 2021 9:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is something I didn't expect at all, a very important flood that almost destroyed Saga and destroyed their mansion... well that part in the refuge was great they still did concert etc, they almost revealed their identities though but good thing that kids didn't think they were zombies xD the discussion between Kotaro and Sakura at the end was great though, we saw a very brief moment of his backstory I want to see more... now I'm looking forward to seeing their final concert "the revenge"
Jun 17, 2021 9:15 AM

Jun 2019
I love this episode. Easily one of my favorites for this year.

I need more Kotaro and Sakura backstory.
Jun 17, 2021 9:17 AM
Aug 2016
Good episode after all. The next one is the last, but honestly i don't think they'll end it all, i have high hopes for like a movie to conclude properly.
Jun 17, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2020
I thought the point of this episode is that they can prepare for their performance, but I'm wrong. They really need to entertain to kids in shelter. Respect +100 to Franchouchou. Their cover almost get blown. Fortunately the kids thought it was make up. But I really want them to reveal their true identity. So I hope in the last episode they can reveal it to the world. Ookoba is really nice holding his news for the sake of Franchouchou (or thanks to flood). Aahh, I need Kotaro to confess to Sakura.

From the preview for last episode, I don't see any stage or perform in it. Maybe they can finish it in Season 3. Hope for Season 3 is getting bigger.
Jun 17, 2021 9:21 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was turning out to be a disaster, a real disaster. RIP Franchouchou's mansion.
I really love the tearjerker moments between Kotaro and Sakura at the end of the episode. It was like Kotarou is accomplished his goal by making Sakura be the idol.
Now, it time for Franchouchou to save Saga and showing their idol power.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 17, 2021 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
This entire 2nd season has been back to back excellence.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 17, 2021 9:54 AM

May 2020
great episode as always.. the whole episode is so wholesome, also that last scene was pure gold, kotaro x sakura moment are precious. i need more of them but there's only 1 episode left :( i hope there will be S3 asap

Jun 17, 2021 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
The part with the masks breaking and those kids was really touching. The last scene with Sakura and Kotaro was really beautiful and emotional. I'm not crying damn it, I definitely am not. What an episode, 11/10.
Jun 17, 2021 10:02 AM

Jan 2013
You know, they could've just said they're putting zombie makeup for their performance instead of all the mask hustle.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 17, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2018
It was a great episode.
The episode has been very funny and nice(especially the part of Sakura and Kotaro), we will see that it comes to happen in the following and last chapter.
FRANCHOUCHOU WILL SAVE SAGA!!!
PS: Kotaro's song was good.
Jun 17, 2021 10:33 AM

May 2015
Oh god, why is it so sad? I wonder, if Sakura will ever remember her past and that she knew Kotaro before...
Jun 17, 2021 10:47 AM

Aug 2018
This episode was great, Franchouchou helping the Shelter and entertaining the children
It was so nice how children didn't think that Franchouchou are zombies
Best part was the moment between Sakura & Koutarou, I feel so bad for Koutarou that he can't say to Sakura that he is Inui and he liked her
I just want to know about Sakura & Koutarou's past, I hope this will get S3
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jun 17, 2021 10:50 AM

Jul 2011
Was a good episode to halt the reporter from spilling the beans. And how Franchouchou is loved by the community.

This was Tatsumi episode, surviving 24 hours inside water, having a epic montage,and more important, the final scene, where is so beautiful Tatsumi(or Inui) deep love for Sakura. So hot-blooded, that moved me.

Now im curious how the zombie perception happen.After all, in the past they were visibly very zombie, but if the person see as an ally just looks like a very hurt person? Like we and Tatsumi see?
Jun 17, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2018
Well unless episode 12 can top it that was officially the greatest episode In all of zombieland saga for me:) there’s only one episode left and there is some important stuff I still need answers too. I’m hoping they just do a movie because I really don’t want this to drag on for too long.
Jun 17, 2021 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
Not that I mind this turn of events the plot is predicated on, but is there any actual reason for this curse afflicting Saga and trying to wipe it off the map? It just feels entirely random, not even justified in the flashback to historic Saga and Koutarou's ancestor. I maintain that I'd have much preferred a simple "Saga is losing relevance and is going to be forgotten" to there being an actual magical curse at work.

Also, this episode raises another question: they could've just said the zombie aesthetic was make-up from the start, couldn't they? So why did they ever make themselves up to look human on stage when there was never any reason to do so? That would have also been far simpler than the silly mask angle they went with instead. At least the show got some comedic beats out of it, I suppose.

Regardless, great to see the girls well and truly accepted by Saga, and now they can go and put in one final performance to save Saga from its impending magical demise. That was an emotional conclusion scene with Koutarou and Sakura too; hopefully she regains her memories in the finale and remembers who he truly is.
Jun 17, 2021 11:30 AM
Sep 2017
This episode was phenomenal imo. I’ve been loving season 2 so much it’s easily gonna be my favorite anime of this year I can feel it.
Jun 17, 2021 11:30 AM

Dec 2020
In this situation flan chouchou help the other people to not think negative in this situation and that makes them special all.
The fans of flan chouchou are all nicht to them i must say kotaro san is a legend!
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 17, 2021 11:39 AM
Jan 2021
The legendary episode, absolutely.
Zombie Land Saga Revenge will repeat the great success they had in Season 1, that producer will set a new record of successfully making 2 great idol animes in 2 consecutive seasons, and that producing company will also set a new record of successfully making 3 great animes (Zombie Land Saga Revenge, Idoly Pride & Uma Musume Season 2) with spectacular production.
Jun 17, 2021 11:52 AM

Aug 2020
honestly though i can't wait for more sakura and koutarou backstory

so sleepy...

did you need something?

Jun 17, 2021 12:05 PM

Nov 2013
It feels like the story is JUST beginning!
Jun 17, 2021 12:23 PM

Sep 2019
SHINOBI-03 said:
You know, they could've just said they're putting zombie makeup for their performance instead of all the mask hustle.
Yeah I was thinking of the same thing but it ended on a wholesome note so whatever I guess.

It was a pretty good episode, those kids will be dedicated fans in the future. I really liked the last part where we got a glimpse of what happened at Sakura's school after she died and Koutarou's motive.
Jun 17, 2021 12:38 PM

Jan 2018
Even during the dire situation our girls pulled through. Franchouchou's passion not only reached and moved everyone in the shelter but it was also conveyed to the reporter as well. And Kotarou being the best manager as always, giving them the pep talk they needed. Also I need that Kotarou and Sakura backstory.

It's finally time for revenge. One more episode to go.
Jun 17, 2021 1:20 PM

Mar 2017
My heart jumped when their masks fell off... but no matter what they look like Saga loves Franchouchou and Franchouchou loves them and that's what the journalist has just learned. I'm glad he's found out the truth about our girls before he could release the article about them being zombies.

It's been obvious that Kotaro & Sakura had a connection when she was alive because she's the only 'ordinary' girl in the group, but I wanna know more about that mystery. I hope we get to see more about it in the last episode!

Can't believe there's only one ep left... Season 3 please?
Jun 17, 2021 1:59 PM

Sep 2020
This episode was fantastic, this is probably the best one of the whole season. It had everything, funny faces, Kotaro screaming, drama, heartwarming shit. I loved it, that ending was especially amazing.

I can not wait for the last episode.

Jun 17, 2021 2:10 PM

Oct 2019
I think this was the best episode so far, or maybe a tie with the last episode of season 1. I l loved everything about it! Let us hope the girls beat that curse!
Jun 17, 2021 3:53 PM

Jan 2017
The S1 was already outstanding and amazing in its own rights and yet S2 is absolutely killing it since episode 1. I really hope that we will get an S3 next year or even faster!
Jun 17, 2021 4:21 PM

Aug 2019
damn I’m not ready for the finale next episode, and turns out Sakura knows about Kotaro’s past it seems
snowykevinJun 17, 2021 4:26 PM
Jun 17, 2021 4:29 PM

May 2021
I can't be the only one having this feeling...
I think Kotaro was a classmate of Sakura back when she was still alive... but this is just my theory.

Jun 17, 2021 5:02 PM

Nov 2011
In regards to Animation, Voice acting and background music...this might have been the best episode of the Series imo.

Tae chomping on Sakura...im telling you man their graves are so close together and that is why those two are close as well!

Granted this series is seriously amazing but I liked how there was not a lot of Pomp and Circumstance in this episode and they are clearly saving it for the 'Finale"
(though I have a feeling we will get season three)
SoraSenpaiJun 17, 2021 5:14 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 17, 2021 5:02 PM

May 2020
This gotta be the best episode, everything was on point.
Jun 17, 2021 7:12 PM

Feb 2014
Things caught up with restoration after the last episode disaster. Franchouchou winning the hearts of Saga with their calming aura. Seems like we're gonna be packed with a lot of fun for the finale.
Also Sakura and Kotaro seem to be a thing from their past. Kotaro doing it all for his crush's dream?
And Kotaro coming out of nowhere to scare the shit out of Ookba was hilarious.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 17, 2021 7:18 PM

Aug 2018
AAAAAAAAAAA THAT WAS ABSOLUTE FUCKING KINOGRAPHY, MAPPA I ETERNALLY KNEEL !!!
I was so wrong about this season, only judging it by the amount of good songs because season 1 was mainly focus on songs with the first album but I should have seen it since the beginning how much the plot became the center part of the show and not the songs, and what was a light disappointment became a seasonal favorite, we're talking madoka-tier of savior perfection here.
This is just great, I cannot tell if best idol show or best parody of idol show but it might be both.
Jun 17, 2021 9:42 PM

Jul 2016
Season 2 is seriously gonna conclude without Tae receiving her proper backstory episode...

That aside, pretty sweet episode overall. Franchouchou making daily presentations for the kids was adorable and that Sakura x Koutarou moment sure was nice.
Jun 18, 2021 12:02 AM
Dec 2018
Dudi4PoLFr said:
The S1 was already outstanding and amazing in its own rights and yet S2 is absolutely killing it since episode 1. I really hope that we will get an S3 next year or even faster!
Keep in hope cz there's so much unanswered mystery XD
But I guess we will get 3rd season in 2 or 3 years later since this S2 came 3 years after the first. But I will always wait for the sequel no matter how long it is!
*MAPPA pls give us sequel confirmation! :D
Jun 18, 2021 1:01 AM
Oct 2019
That mask break scene broke me, that shit right there is peak comedy.
Jun 18, 2021 1:30 AM

Apr 2015
Damn, I would almost say this episode felt like a real representation of what an earthquake or typhoon can do to Japan.

That aside, I really loved that the girls took the initiative on entertaining the people in that shelter to keep the positive vibe going.

I didn't think we would get a "reveal" this episode, I was expecting it for the season finale, but the reveal was pretty anticlimactic, I mean what kid is going to take you serious saying you're zombies? Of course they will think it was all part of the act XD

So the EFS performance has to go on, I can't wait for the finale and honestly hoping for a third season! Still think this is one Idol show that stands out.
Jun 18, 2021 1:52 AM

Oct 2016
That flood and typhoon was horrible but holy shit Sakura's reaction was amazing lmao. Another fantastic episode, S2 has been fucking killing it, I've been enjoying it even more than season 1. And I am sure the last episode will be a fucking banger, I really hope our zombie idol journey doesn't end next episode and we get a season 3.

That Kotaro song though damn, Mamoru Miyano goat. And that scene with the kids saying they're Franchouchou was fucking sweet and amazing, Ai's face says it all. Glad reporter dude realized that he's wrong about Franchouchou and Kotaro. Kotaro's face though when he saw Sakura, I mean that was a beautiful fucking shot of Sakura, so can't blame him. I hope we get to see someday Kotaro's full backstory. Really looking forward to the season finale.
Jun 18, 2021 6:35 AM
Mar 2019
Ahhh this episode was so good :,) I cried a lil bit
Jun 18, 2021 4:42 PM

Jun 2017
That Koutarou kabedon terrified poor Sakura. lol

Amazing episode, can't wait for the finale, it seems like it won't close the series so S3 seems plausible.
Jun 18, 2021 6:12 PM
Jan 2021
.r.n . Mlm
. . hhj..r
Jun 18, 2021 6:14 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Lots of heart in this episode. It dialed everything back and put things in perspective for both Franchouchou and Kotaro. They're doing this for the good people of Saga.

We only got a taste of Kotaro's backstory again. I'm really really wanting to see what the deal is with him, how he got to this point and what changed him to be like he is now.
Jun 18, 2021 11:44 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! what a wonderful episode i teared-up a bit!
5/5.

Jun 19, 2021 8:10 AM

Jul 2013
Finally... We're getting into the climax!

It's been a long ride, but this episode was the final push-in episode that we need. Now it's all working out perfectly towards the end: the girls surpassing their zombie complex of being out of place, the journalist being ruthless in his quest for exposing the girls, Koutarou with his wavering heart...

The highest point for me it was Koutarou and Sakura's backstory. It all started as someone who wanted to cheer another person's dream.

I think ZLS story is actually a very heartwarming one.
Gotta update this soon™
Jun 19, 2021 11:44 AM
Jan 2021
the Kotaro and sakura moments are always wholesome but i cannot wait for ep 12.
Jun 19, 2021 12:30 PM

Jan 2020
The fact that even the tiny flashbacks we see of Kotaro and Sakura can properly convey just how desperate and crushed he was in the aftermath of her death is really moving.

Old man Saga in rough shape too. :(

I hope the last episode can pop off like this one, and PLEASE don't make us wait half a decade for a S3...
Jun 19, 2021 10:58 PM
May 2019
This episode was so good. Usually this show tends to look at the dark side of idol culture, but this episode showed the girls being not a only a help to their community but a light in the dark that people look up to. I do believe celebrities In the real world have that power but the industry they reside in is so rotten that it rots the celebrity from the inside out to the point where they do
Something to be shunned from the public.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

235 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 10, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.