Forum Settings
Forums

Re:Zero has the best written characters in all of isekai. Yes or definitely?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 11, 2021 1:02 AM

Feb 2021
Supercuecaaa said:
I think Mushoku Tensei has the potential to top Re:Zero in the future
Yes! definitely, it does have the potential, let's see if it stays true to the source or not.
Jun 11, 2021 1:14 AM
Jul 2018
Dasdsadzxczx said:
Rezero and its characters are definitely up there, but I'm pretty confident its not the best. Well it has the potential for sure but its not fair to compare it to already completed series especially series like MT.

I like MTs character alot compared to Rezero. In anime/manga/LN standard, sure Rezero's characterization is top tier but MTs character is way above that standard. Its something not even innately supposed to be in this medium because its so disgustingly realistic and deep.

In addition, Rezero's characters are still pretty young afterall.
I very much agree with this........
Jun 11, 2021 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
Desolated said:
If we're only talking about Modern Isekai, Tensura is prolly the best for me.

If we're talking about all Isekai, well it's 12 Kingdoms no contest.
finally someone is talking about 12 kingdoms you made my day 12 kingdoms is so underrated, everybody talks about rezero mc that he is so real like a real person but I will say 12 kingdoms mc is way more real
Jun 11, 2021 2:06 AM

Jan 2021
ehh, let's just wait for Mushoku Tensei part 2 first. Re zero is great but.... Well, it has something missing.

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Jun 11, 2021 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Re:zero characters surely had more depth but I found Konosuba characters more likeable by a margin because they're individually funny and bring out the best with each other.
Jun 11, 2021 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
The only character I like is rem, rem character somehow managed to get character development because subaru rbd loops keep increasing chapters, volume weight and other characters didn't get able to get character development well but rems character was more like making subarus character more better when her job was finished writter thought a plan to made her in coma so emilia and subaru relation can get more time but seriously other characters are all boring rezero is little overrated in my opinion no I'm not spreading toxicity or something rezero only able to get famous because of rem everybody hears about rem like rem is the best, who is rem? thing in internet so they took interest to watch rezero
Jun 11, 2021 2:41 AM

Aug 2018
robinaa said:
Desolated said:
If we're only talking about Modern Isekai, Tensura is prolly the best for me.

If we're talking about all Isekai, well it's 12 Kingdoms no contest.
finally someone is talking about 12 kingdoms you made my day 12 kingdoms is so underrated, everybody talks about rezero mc that he is so real like a real person but I will say 12 kingdoms mc is way more real

Yes, 12 Kingdoms is the best isekai but honestly it only technically qualifies for that label. It's got nothing in common with the modern variety.
Jun 11, 2021 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
epidemia78 said:
robinaa said:

Yes, 12 Kingdoms is the best isekai but honestly it only technically qualifies for that label. It's got nothing in common with the modern variety.
because nowdays isekai animes are bad same things includes again and again in isekai anime but I like 12 kingdoms
Jun 11, 2021 5:18 AM

Jul 2019
Sure, I guess. But I think it's pretty low bar overall since it's Isekai genre.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 11, 2021 6:21 AM

Apr 2017
I would say yes, the best characters in an isekai. However, there are several other issues present. But well, what doesn't have positives as well as negatives - almost everything is like that. (No hate, I'm saying this as someone who absolutely loves Re:Zero and had my life change because of the story)
Jun 11, 2021 9:20 AM

Dec 2020
This forum is so true! Finally after scrolling through many bad forums, FINALLY!!! Re:zero was one of the first anime I watched so I have connections with it the author is a genius!
MAL mod tier list
S-tier
me if I became a mod (though probably not)
A-tier
AlexPaulLEWZ - I love him because he's super sweet, but he rates everything a 10 (please don't watch Arifureta)
anime-prime - leaked a super top secret information that some mod knows about my club (would be S-tier if he told me which mod), but is older than me (I want to be the oldest)

This concludes the tier list as I have not interacted with any other mod lol
Jun 11, 2021 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
So the bar for isekai characters is that low?
Jun 11, 2021 12:50 PM

Sep 2020
so no spirited away? lmao. hmm I wonder

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Jun 11, 2021 1:26 PM

Oct 2010
12 kingdoms exist so I guess re:whatever is not no1
Jun 11, 2021 3:45 PM
Jan 2021
Nillwas said:
@Gilgameshuu, that what I mean you have watched 6x Isekai, but still you're making a statement about what's good or not.
It's rather common that we get more then 6x Isekai shows in one season.

This is just arrogance and nothing more.

And I'm rather calm, I just don't get it when people are living in a fantasy world where they think they know everything and seen everything.

You're literally grilling him out for having an opinion and believing a show is the greatest whilst saying that he doesn't know everything and there are shows better, using other shows as an example; but there could be better ones than those that you listed, you have definitely not watched every anime. Do you not see the hypocrisy in your attitude?
Jun 11, 2021 3:49 PM

Dec 2015
Oremonogatari said:
Nillwas said:
@Gilgameshuu, that what I mean you have watched 6x Isekai, but still you're making a statement about what's good or not.
It's rather common that we get more then 6x Isekai shows in one season.

This is just arrogance and nothing more.

And I'm rather calm, I just don't get it when people are living in a fantasy world where they think they know everything and seen everything.

You're literally grilling him out for having an opinion and believing a show is the greatest whilst saying that he doesn't know everything and there are shows better, using other shows as an example; but there could be better ones than those that you listed, you have definitely not watched every anime. Do you not see the hypocrisy in your attitude?

Little friend, sadly enough I have watched most of the Isekai, sadly enough I have.
Would be a good idé to start checking up peoples profile before making a statement.
As the only Isekai I have left to watch is the Chines once that dosen't have sub yet.

So hypocrisy, no I don't think so.

Jun 11, 2021 4:01 PM
Jan 2021
Nillwas said:
Oremonogatari said:

Little friend, sadly enough I have watched most of the Isekai, sadly enough I have.
Would be a good idé to start checking up peoples profile before making a statement.
As the only Isekai I have left to watch is the Chines once that dosen't have sub yet.

So hypocrisy, no I don't think so.

Beyond the fact that you may have watched nearly everything, that doesn't mean you know everything; which you said you hate when people act like they do when they don't. For that reason your scolding of him is unjustified because you cannot possibly know everything and cannot actually shut down an opinion as if your opinion is fact.
Jun 11, 2021 4:06 PM

Dec 2015
@Oremonogatari Sorry ?

How is it possible that in the last few years I have been watching close to every single Isekai that has a english sub. But still I don't know what I have been watching ?
What kind of logic are you pulling out of you ass rihgt now ?

And no, you can't think you know what's the best when you have watched 6 isekai out of more then two hundred of them.
Yeah, Re:Zero might be the best one out of the 6 he has watched. But the best out of everything but still haven't watched anything, yeah this is some logic I can't stand behind.

It's as dumb as you're logic, you don't know anything yet I have watched everything that has a english release.

Stop pulling out some stupid as logic, that dosen't make sense.

Jun 11, 2021 4:10 PM
Jan 2021
Nillwas said:
@Oremonogatari Sorry ?

How is it possible that in the last few years I have been watching close to every single Isekai that has a english sub. But still I don't know what I have been watching ?
What kind of logic are you pulling out of you ass rihgt now ?

And no, you can't think you know what's the best when you have watched 6 isekai out of more then two hundred of them.
Yeah, Re:Zero might be the best one out of the 6 he has watched. But the best out of everything but still haven't watched anything, yeah this is some logic I can't stand behind.

It's as dumb as you're logic, you don't know anything yet I have watched everything that has a english release.

Stop pulling out some stupid as logic, that dosen't make sense.

I mean that you can't possibly know everything and yet you act like you do when you shut down his opinion's by acting like your opinion is fact. Therefore you're doing the very thing you claim to hate, as stated in your previous comments. I don't care enough to reply anymore so I will leave it at this.
Jun 11, 2021 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
SAO has the Progressive Asuna and the Stacia Asuna and Re:Zero has Emilia so it's an even tie. If the SSB counts as a reverse Isekai it also counts as one of the bests because of Link, Princess Zelda, Ventus,
and Dante/Vergil. So my vote goes for "hell naw". Peace.
Jun 11, 2021 6:27 PM

Apr 2020
I'd try to make an argument, but I've never seen 12 Kingdoms, thought Mushoku Tensei was mediocre, and realized that the bar for "high quality" isekai is very low.
snuzerJun 11, 2021 7:31 PM

beep boop bop pow
Jun 11, 2021 7:29 PM

Sep 2019
Nah, I personally think it's one of the worst shows ever made, with some some of the crappiest characters I've ever seen , but that's just me though...
Jun 11, 2021 7:43 PM

Dec 2019
Best written characters? Hmm, while I do agree they are indeed very well written, I'm not sure if they're the best in the isekai genre. Konosuba, Mushoku Tensei, and Tanya also have great characters that I enjoyed just as much as Re:Zero's characters. Though I found myself being a hell of a lot more interested in Re:Zero compare to other isekai because of its world and story as well as its themes. Something about the whole seven deadly sins in this anime really captivated me, especially the IF routes. I'm a huge sucker for these things.
Jun 11, 2021 7:52 PM

Oct 2019
bro just get good at watching isekai, I've been in the top 5 on the leaderboards for like 3 years now, its not that hard, considering I'm not even trying, just get gud.

noob
scrub
I see dead people
Jun 11, 2021 7:52 PM

Oct 2019
bro just get good at watching isekai, I've been in the top 5 on the leaderboards for like 3 years now, its not that hard, considering I'm not even trying, just get gud.

noob
scrub
I see dead people
Jun 11, 2021 8:06 PM

Aug 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
mazuchi said:
I didn't see any depth whatsoever in them and the only character "development" is Rem's 180. I only forced myself through the first season though because all of them are also incredibly unlikable.

Considering you only watched the first season then I can understand why you feel that way, but the rest of the cast are all given a lot more depth and development in Season 2 but even in Season 1 they already had plenty of depth imo.

I too cant understand why you created this post when you yourself have only watched 2 or 3 Isekai anime?
Ok let me get to the point. When I first saw Rezero is gave it a 10 as soon as i finished it but when I look back there were some things I didnt like. So I think it is just another Isekai with somewhat unique and interesting story. Though I didnt enjoy the season 2 part 2 much.
Trust me there are not a lot of Isekai I call interesting.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Jun 11, 2021 9:30 PM

Feb 2021
VioletteloiV said:
so no spirited away? lmao. hmm I wonder
It may be because it does not hit some people like it hit others, me included but that's probably cuz I don't have a soul.
Jun 11, 2021 9:40 PM

Aug 2017
Yes, and this its a fact. Re:Zero characters are extremely well written.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 11, 2021 9:50 PM

Apr 2020
i want to impregnate rem so bad! uohhhhh

Jun 11, 2021 10:11 PM
Aug 2020
Re:Zero is my least favorite anime ever, so that's gonna be a no from me.

I'm right, you're wrong.
Jun 11, 2021 10:26 PM
Oct 2020
Tendo_GM said:
Konosuba has entered the chat……
I wouldn't say konosuba has the most well written characters but it was my first isekai and so far the most entertaining.
Jun 11, 2021 11:59 PM

Mar 2020
Otaku_Peace said:
Tendo_GM said:
Konosuba has entered the chat……
I wouldn't say konosuba has the most well written characters but it was my first isekai and so far the most entertaining.

Well written character doesn’t gave to mean deep or complex…
A well written character is someone full of personality who acts according to his predetermined character, someone who is so believable that you can put him in a totally different situation than what we’ve seen and you can accurately determine what they’ll do. And making memorable characters is a skill very few writers posses and Konosuba excels at that.

By all the standards for the definition of a well written character, Konosuba’s 4 idiots are some of the best in the whole genre (if not the industry).
The reason behind their insane popularity is solely behind them being written really well….
Jun 12, 2021 4:30 AM

Jul 2015
Tendo_GM said:
Otaku_Peace said:

A well written character is someone full of personality who acts according to his predetermined character, someone who is so believable that you can put him in a totally different situation than what we’ve seen and you can accurately determine what they’ll do. And making memorable characters is a skill very few writers posses and Konosuba excels at that.

By all the standards for the definition of a well written character, Konosuba’s 4 idiots are some of the best in the whole genre (if not the industry).
The reason behind their insane popularity is solely behind them being written really well….

You can predict what they do in every situation... because they're all one trick ponies lol.
Explosion girl does the explosion thing, Aqua is useless and does party tricks, the knight goes all [what a 12yo thinks sadomasochism is about], and MC-kun is tired of that bullshit (but still less than me after 5 eps)

... I def wouldn't call that being a well-written character.
Jun 12, 2021 4:40 AM

Jan 2020
I can't clearly express my words on it, but yeah it is
Jun 12, 2021 5:16 AM

Mar 2020
Deathko said:
Tendo_GM said:

You can predict what they do in every situation... because they're all one trick ponies lol.
Explosion girl does the explosion thing, Aqua is useless and does party tricks, the knight goes all [what a 12yo thinks sadomasochism is about], and MC-kun is tired of that bullshit (but still less than me after 5 eps)

... I def wouldn't call that being a well-written character.

You perfectly summarized their personalities and proved my point…
Characters with memorable and unique quirks are still better personality-wise than any character in ReZero for example…

They don’t have any deep backstories but as characters, they are lively and believable cause that’s their purpose, it’s a comedy show and they are filling in all the criteria for well a written comedy cast.

Your summary is literally the essence of the whole show and the base of all the comedy and it’s entirely because of their simplistic yet creative, unique and quirky personalities.

Just go and analyze ever fucking great comedy and you’ll see that the well written characters are carrying them, like Saiki, Kaguya, Nichijou, Grand Blue and even fucking Gintama…
The “one trick pony” characters carry those shows.
Jun 12, 2021 7:34 AM

Mar 2012
If the characters were well written there wouldn't be a trap who adds nyan at the end of every sentence.
Jun 12, 2021 8:51 PM

Sep 2020
nah,subaru is a double edged knife,you either love him or no,since he's actually a trash simp that makes emilia and rem a plot device for the entire series and his decision and his own journey to pursue Emilia is kind of stupid,but he's more smarter in s2 when making decision and that's a huge development

Echidna is still the best character
Jun 13, 2021 2:08 AM
Jul 2018
It is fine if you think that way. Just don't force us to do the same.
Apr 17, 2022 4:52 PM
Nov 2013
This thread is hilarious. People who say Re:zero has more poorly written side characters than shows like slime and Tanya are hilarious and it’s clear they either dont understand the characterization and development of characters like Beatrice, Otto, echidna, Ram, Garfiel, and Roswaal, or they just tune out the story entirely cause it’s not generic and spoon fed like most isekai
Apr 17, 2022 4:55 PM
Jun 2020
crystalblade13 said:
This thread is hilarious. People who say Re:zero has more poorly written side characters than shows like slime and Tanya are hilarious and it’s clear they either dont understand the characterization and development of characters like Beatrice, Otto, echidna, Ram, Garfiel, and Roswaal, or they just tune out the story entirely cause it’s not generic and spoon fed like most isekai
they are just not smart enough to understand their character development
Apr 17, 2022 6:44 PM

May 2021
How is this even a competition? Maybe not in terms of how much you enjoy them but they are objectively the best written characters in isekai, SO FAR.

Apr 17, 2022 6:50 PM

Oct 2018
I really wanted to watch this great version of Mushoku Tensei that people always talk about, with great characters and such a rich world, the part I watched had only fetishes acting like character and exposition telling about how rich that world is.

Where did you guys watch this different version?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 17, 2022 6:59 PM

May 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
I really wanted to watch this great version of Mushoku Tensei that people always talk about, with great characters and such a rich world, the part I watched had only fetishes acting like character and exposition telling about how rich that world is.

Where did you guys watch this different version?

There is really only one place that peak fiction can be found.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

57 by shiro-seishun »»
14 seconds ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
20 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

221 by PurplePants »»
1 minute ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

30 by LenRea »»
5 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

65 by luckyrune »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.