Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2021 9:26 AM

Feb 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Asashi!!!! Lets goooo I’m so happy she’s alive and well. I was really taken aback when she died. Enjoyed the art and animation quite a bit this episode. Overall the plot has def started to fall apart, but I’m still looking forward to seeing how they wrap things up next week.
Jun 8, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Sawa sparing her opponent this episode definitely shows a change in her character.

I wasn't expecting Hana to actually go into labor and give birth this episode. Good for her. It's a bright light in their dark world to see life rather than death for a change. And also, glad to see Asahi reunite with Sawa. It seems she really did have influence on her during their trip.

Only one more episode left...

Jul 2017
Did they go the extra length to add SFX to the OP? Probably a deal too late for this.

Not surprising that Nue leader Jin would turn his back and betray Sawa's entire clan as a Tokugawa government dog, this man has always been an outlier for far too long. First with Janome, now with the Yoshinobu Tokugawa government regime to chase after the elusive blue blood as a source of power both figuratively and literally.

Howdy-ho to Rinko, she's another enemy that Sawa must face after the brief introduction on the train some episodes back. What a way to create an easy throwaway "support" character for plot.

The pregnant Elena could've just got out of this mess, but instead she stood by Sawa, just as is Asahi with the help of Jin to save what could be saved. The saving grace for support characters sure took a ride from living hell to redemption, and the re-creation of salvation by affirming bonds between Sawa and Asahi to work and walk their way towards the future.

Never mind all that, with Sawa readied for the impending final battle that's to come, even with having second thoughts about the past sins committed, there's no turning back now

I wanna feel things for this set-up episode for next week's finale, but it's so simple and awkward-feeling to walk out of this show (much less this episode) scot-free.

Jun 2019
Now that Yuki has found out that Jin is the one who killed the whole Karasumori clan and her family. She probably wants to kill him but right now, she has a bigger fish to work with, the pursuers after her are trying to kill her. Nice to see that Elena is alive. The fight between Yuki and Rinko was cool, I guess. Rinko didn't stand a chance against Yuki.

Apparently, Asahi is alive as well. Thanks to Jin. But, Elena's pregnancy is now the main objective. It's gonna be Yuki's job to handle that. But, luckily she managed to do it and a baby girl was born in the middle of so much commotion out there. Their reunion was precious as well. Asahi is gonna go study now so she can lead a different life than Yuki's. Yuki finally managed to show emotions after all that. She has come a long way.
Jun 8, 2021 9:35 AM

Apr 2018
The drunk rinko's back trying to murder them both. But damn, she lost pretty quick.
And Asahi is alive, saved by Jin.
''The baby's coming'' xD out of nowhere with no doctor in the area. Yuki had to do it herself.
It went well.
SideCharacterKalJun 8, 2021 9:38 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 8, 2021 10:04 AM

Apr 2014
YESSSSS!!!!! Asahi is alive. She is alive!!!!! I'm so glad about it.
The battle between Sawa and Rinko was also looking great. It was unexpected for me to see Sawa fights Rinko with her bare hands.
It was nice to see Elema back in action again with her pregnant belly. She is very tough and strong when she was fighting and running with that huge belly. Finally, she gave birth to a healthy daughter with help from Sawa and Asahi. Congratulations!
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 8, 2021 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
Asahi as sweet as always, please Yukimura don't you dare die on us and leave Asahi all by herself.
Jun 8, 2021 11:30 AM
May 2021
A lot of feelings in this episode, and more knowing that Asahi is alive. Hope the best to Yukimura in the next episode, loving how this is ending.
Jun 8, 2021 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
Oh, Asahi lives. Colour me surprised.

Jun 8, 2021 12:30 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Asahi's back, and Elena's baby is born.

A more light-hearted episode this week for this show - as expected with it coming to a close next week.
Jun 8, 2021 1:46 PM
Jul 2020
next week is gonna be the last ep omg im not ready
Jun 8, 2021 4:27 PM
Aug 2020
Loved this opening as well as the episode. Glad Asahi is alive and Elena could give birth. Very surprising anime for sure, with a strange pace at time, but good overall. I think many people dropped it way too soon.
Jun 8, 2021 6:41 PM

Jan 2015
Please... just let all four of them live as a family... PLEASE...I AM BEGGING YOU,

Jun 8, 2021 10:03 PM

Apr 2017
I feel like this show is underrated..
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 9, 2021 12:13 AM
Jun 2012
What a cop out bringing the kid back. Lowering my score because of that.
Jun 9, 2021 12:34 AM
Apr 2021
shit man
literally every single main character has had a fake out death. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I just don't care about what happens anymore. They actually gave me some interesting characters, like the whip lady. But she just ranted so much during that duel it completely ruined her character for me. And the head executioner has just become so much more boring now that he's just spending his entire life covering for Sawa.
This show had some cool and interesting themes and ideas, but completely botched the landing on all of them. This is a perfect example of an original series that had high potential, but didn't have a well-planned narrative framework
Jun 9, 2021 1:18 AM

Oct 2017
I'm glad Asahi's safe and Sawa goes forth her final battle, that last scene was pretty cool.
Jun 9, 2021 3:56 AM

Jul 2016
Piromysl said:

Can't even do a proper revenge story correctly.

Jun 9, 2021 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
Vindicater said:
Piromysl said:

Can't even do a proper revenge story correctly.

This is so generic and predictable , that I would actually be surprised if it turned out she is Indeed dead.
Same thing for Nue being responsible for her Clan's demise.
Notice how Asahi could remain dead and story wouldn't suffer from it, but dead kid is a big no-no.

Jun 9, 2021 7:02 AM

Oct 2016
I really enjoyed that episode, probably my favorite. But overall, plot is definitely all over the place. Asahi's reveal that she's alive was done pretty shit but still, glad she's alive. I loved the sound effects in the OP though, that was a banger. As well as how they did the ED this episode.

I really liked the vibes this episode, Asahi coming back came out of left field but I still loved the Sawa and Asahi moments this episode, they shouldn't have killed her to begin with if they were just gonna do this. That scene of Sawa sharpening the blade was dope though. Well, let's see how this show is gonna end.
Jun 9, 2021 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
I liked how the director decided to put some sounds in the Opening I really liked that it really turned out to be a good thing in the episode, I'm curious how the outcome of this show will be.
Jun 9, 2021 11:26 AM

Jan 2021
The sound effects in the opening were god awful. Oh wow Asahi is alive. This show is actually retarded.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jun 9, 2021 4:24 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 11 and its starting to get really good.. like i said, its nearly impossible to get out from the darkness, specially when ur in too deep.. tho in her circumstance now, from the revolution to the arrival of asahi and hana, it may not be a pipe dream to be finally free.. since what she thought was the enemy, is actually an ally.. in the fight against the bigger enemy, which is the shogunate.. tho there are still questions to ask, like who is actually the monster who killed tsuki, and how will she be able to survive the revolution? Also, hana giving birth during the revolution?! Is quite the turn of events as well.. well, in spite of everything being done, sawa decides to finish the score once and for all.. and now heads to the imperial palace.. right after crying her heart out, in relief that everyone she cares for are really safe.. anyways, i rate the episode a 4 of 5, 4 for story and 4.5 for art.. :)
Jun 9, 2021 5:25 PM

May 2020
It is astonishing how much this show blows. I can't believe it actually has fans. None of the character deaths mattered, there are no real stakes, birth out of nowhere, lackluster action...
Jun 9, 2021 5:40 PM

Sep 2020
Let's see if next week Sawa will be able to bring down the ultimate death flag raised in this penultimate episode!
Jun 9, 2021 9:59 PM

Oct 2008
what an asspull is that!? Why the heck is Asahi alive!?!? oh man...
2/5.

Jun 9, 2021 10:20 PM
Jan 2019
Why was there sounds in the Opening. Why is the kid alive. This show had good animation and soundtrack but the adaptation or the story itself(never read) really sucks.
Jun 10, 2021 5:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Uh seriously, Asahi is alive, well, this anime is too afraid to make them dying xD at least Elena finally got her child it's heartwarming
Jun 10, 2021 6:24 AM

Oct 2011
ofcccccc she's alive altho i didn't see that happening lol

also what happened to the man elena was gonna start a family with? is he dead? we saw two bodies burned to death or smth so was it just her body replaced and not the guy's?

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jun 10, 2021 10:48 AM

Dec 2015
this episode was waaaay rushed and just dropped asahi in as if it was nothing...
Jun 10, 2021 11:27 AM

Sep 2008
This series got great soundtrack, opening/ending themes and heroine chara design, her powers and transformation is really, really cool... but other characters and story is kinda meh.
Jun 10, 2021 3:52 PM
Jul 2019
This episode so unexpected, such a dramatic . This series so perrrfect. hidden gem for me , as some peoples.
Jun 10, 2021 4:47 PM

Jun 2019
They didn’t know what to do so they brought Asahi back. Whatever, at least it adds something to Yuki’s character.

The fight with Blade Girl was decent enough. It was a little wonky on the animation sometimes and the sound design wasn’t very great, but it was dynamic enough to keep me interested. Blade Girl’s VA was really outperforming her script.

The plot continues to be a mess, but that is to be expected at this point.
Jun 12, 2021 7:42 AM

May 2015
Aka-chan is here. Asahi too...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 13, 2021 1:21 AM
Jan 2019
Frist i'm feel same with other people and suprising when asahi still live and let's say i'm smell sad ending in this anime because when the episode quite im feell there's no happy ending but let's see what happen in next week
Jun 13, 2021 1:38 AM

Dec 2020
oh i really hate the "coming from death" episodes, as it didn't happen on this show already
Jun 14, 2021 3:14 AM

Dec 2020
super happy that asahi is alive !!! but kinda takes away the shock/sadness i experienced. same with elena's death now that she's alive. good on her tho for being able to deliver in That state, with so many horrible noises in the background. sawa crying at the end was heart breaking man what the hell
Jun 15, 2021 12:58 PM

Nov 2017
Good to know Asahi is alive
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jun 17, 2021 10:16 AM

Jan 2019
(English) The anime moves towards the end, having solved most of its problems. Will Sawa be able to feel at peace once and for all?

And, ASAHI IS LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Portuguese/Portugues) O anime se encaminha para o final, tendo resolvido grande parte de suas problemáticas. Será que Sawa conseguirá se sentir em paz de uma vez por todas?
E, ASAHI ESTÁ VIVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 4, 2021 1:17 PM

Apr 2017
Asahi and Hana coming back are definitely a copout, and Asahi's return was handwaved as a quick "Jin coerced a med student to treat her" — with no mention that it took her so little time to get better after losing so much blood and sustaining such a big wound? Her coming into the room and talking so calmly while Sawa was overwhelmed with emotion was such a cliché, too.

With so many important characters coming back and only nameless goons dying, death has lost all meaning and impact in this show. The only one who's stayed dead so far is Tsukishiro.

It's like the show was written one episode at a time, week after week, rather than as a continuous story with a clear ending.
It's a pity, because if they kept Asahi dead and Hana out of the way (since they've served their purpose), the show would've been much more focused on Sawa's journey (as it was supposed to be) instead of wasting time with side characters.

Edit: Asahi recovering so easily is explained in the last episode.
Pande91Jul 4, 2021 1:48 PM
Aug 6, 2021 1:49 AM

Jul 2015
I knew it, they couldn't kill off the adorable little sister Asahi (like they couldn't kill off many other characters *sight*). Bit of a calm before the storm episode, with elena giving birth and stuff.

Aug 9, 2021 11:59 AM
Jan 2018
This series does like doing death flags doesn’t it
Dec 17, 2021 3:34 PM
Dec 2017
another decent enough episode

May 12, 2022 5:12 AM

Jul 2021
Asahi is back for the most part :/
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KiriSlays - Jun 15, 2021

107 by Catalano »»
Dec 31, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2021

34 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 13, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2021

61 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 13, 2023 5:54 PM

Poll: » Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2021

38 by lallo89 »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:56 PM

» Why is the rating so low?

Spenter - Dec 7, 2022

3 by KayKimii »»
Dec 7, 2022 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.