Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 31, 2021 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
what an episode...the emotions where so heavy on this one. as you might have noticed, i don't even know what to write here... I swear sometimes i forget to breath when i'm watching fruits basket and at the end my mind just goes blank. But kyo's voice and him crying really broke me. how do i call sukuna to rip my heart out so i don't need to feel anything?? On every fruits basket episode , i tell myself that i won't be an easy bitch and cry easily but i always fail. like even their first kiss didn't make me feel happy, bcs i was already too broken- Damn you kyo, why did you kiss her now xD

i'm just gonna say this, tohru is really better person than me. if it was me, i would have already beaten the fck out of akito from the day i learn what she did to the soumas. like don't even try me. but at least we over with akito bs finally so i guess that's all that matters? let me be honest abt akito thoough, i feel bad for her, and i'm glad we got her character devolopment but doesn't mean i like her or that i will forgive her for what she did.i i think anything will change that. i just hope she will be a better person now.
May 31, 2021 12:55 PM

May 2015
axel360 said:
What did Kureno tell the doctors? "Yeah, I just slipped and fell, and this knife just stabbed me in the back, doc."

Well, he was in Souma General Hospital so I guess he didn't have to tell anything...
May 31, 2021 1:11 PM

Mar 2021
Istg, i have never experienced a shorter episode x.x I'm so happy Kureno and Tohru are fine..they deserve the world tbh <3
May 31, 2021 1:19 PM

Nov 2017
Amazing episode! Big scare for Tōru and Kureno which unscathed!
May 31, 2021 1:19 PM

Nov 2020
Great ep but It didn’t feel like Fruits Basket. I’m glad my Kyo ship is happening. Momiji Continues to become my favourite character this season. I had a good feeling tohru wasn’t gonna die but it would have been interesting to see what would happen if she did. 10/10 season after this ep.
MegamiRem said:
Tohru used talk no jutsu on Akito, it was super effective.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought of the talk no jutsu.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
May 31, 2021 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
First time I actually felt sorry for Akito.
May 31, 2021 1:20 PM
Mar 2015
So many great scenes Torhu offering to be Akito's friend Akito reaching out her hand as Torhu falls off the cliff I did not remember Torhu's monologue while she was lying there but it effectively tied her to Kyo who kissed her and she was able to move from her mom to Kyo
Momiji's story was effective on Akito because she cannot understand why they can forgive her
Hatori's statement to Shigure "Did things work out like you planned ?" Was so appropriate since everything that happened was Shigure's scheme
May 31, 2021 1:22 PM

Jul 2014
I may be the only one but I laughed when Akito slapped Tohru several times, it was the only time I've been on her side xD. I don't know, I've never been a fan of forgiving the villain through the extreme kindness of the hero. I get that it fits Tohru's character and that she always was the key with her kindness to Akito's change but after seeing it so many times in other shows, to see it on a show I love as much as this one... leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know whether to call it out of nowhere or rushed but I feel that too many things happened and everything was resolved too quickly. It's also worth to mention Tohru's shonen resistance, but that's okay, if there's anyone I want to be okay, it's her.

Then we have Kureno who also survived... sorry but there are 2 characters I don't like in this series. Akito, in the sense that she's so hateable and Kureno who is just meh, he's like a worse version of Tohru. It feels like he survived just to not sink Akito's development, hell, I don't even like his ship with Arisa xD.

On the bright side of things, let's see what's next for Tohru and Kyo's relationship after that kiss :D
May 31, 2021 1:25 PM
Apr 2016
Wait... So that's it? Everything is forgiven and Akito won't suffer the consequences for all the things she had done???
May 31, 2021 1:28 PM
Apr 2021
i literally cried for 24 minutes without stopping
May 31, 2021 1:31 PM

Sep 2019
KYORUUUUUU AHHHHHHHH I’VE BEEN WAITING THROUGHOUT MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS AND I’M EXPRESSING HAPPY THOUGHTS RN. It was fucking beautiful oh my goodness.

This episode AGAIN perfect. I’m clapping my hands. I’m really happy that Tohru and Kureno are okay. Oh my god, the parallels between Akito and Tohru were well perfectly portrayed and the INNER MONOLOGUE THROUGH TOHRU’S MIND. I had an emotion rollercoaster of this episode. Momiji too, his character is so wise and really impact Akito’s mind by telling her the idiotic traveller story, which she finally realises to why these two characters- Tohru and Kureno- are truly like this.
May 31, 2021 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
I liked how it ended with Akito taking her first steps of change toward Tohru. It was a happy moment.
May 31, 2021 1:49 PM
Sep 2020
holy shit holy shit holy shit-
May 31, 2021 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Wow. Honda just became my favorite character of Furuba. Wow. Never thought that'd ever happen
May 31, 2021 1:59 PM
May 2017
*Sees somebody pointing a knife at you

Tohru : Imma try to calm down this person by directly approaching her
May 31, 2021 2:05 PM

Aug 2020
What a powerful episode. It was so quite as well, I thought I was in and out within 8mins. I feel very bad for Tohru, she didn't deserve any of that. Honestly i'm not sure what else to say, but wow what an episode.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

May 31, 2021 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
I knew what was going to happen since I've read the manga and all, but this episode was still able to easily hit me with that roller coaster of emotions and nail its target with perfection. It's emotionally draining and I have no regrets whatsoever over it.

Despite dealing with Akito's chaotic emotions, Tohru still held herself firm and wanted to help Akito to open up, but that was when the cliff collapsed under her feet. Not only that, it was the same cliff location that destroyed her tent back in season 1 and it was shown a few times here as well.

The moment between Kyo and Tohru as he cried over her when she was injured was powerful and I don't blame him for kissing her at that moment either. Considering how injured she was, I wouldn't blame him for thinking that if he didn't make the move then and there, he wouldn't have that opportunity again.

Thankfully, Tohru's injuries weren't life threatening and Akito herself visited her in hospital. She still feels a lot of regret over her actions and rightly so, but the others want to help her turn over a new leaf, as was shown with Momiji telling her about the story of the idiotic traveller. Akito's genuine smile at the end was nice, though. =)

Excellent episode this was and I do look forward to seeing how the next episode goes.
May 31, 2021 2:09 PM

May 2020
Fantastic episode!! I only wish they had shown some cracks or something in the cliff starting to form prior to it/Tohru falling. I know they showed the previous landslide on Tohru's tent + the weather so there was some foreshadowing but still felt a little abrupt.
May 31, 2021 2:16 PM

Nov 2019
This episode felt like someone gave the writer a rollercoaster challenge. I don't know what to feel. Extremely conflicted about how Kyo's breakdown transitioned to Akito's (unworthy) redemption, just like that (snaps fingers).
Tohru getting slashed and slapped, stood like:

I guess this is what peak drama feels like - unsettling, unreal and unpredictable. In the midst of all this storm, I almost nearly forgot about a certain couple kissing.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 31, 2021 2:25 PM
Nov 2020
witchfaerie said:
Wow. Honda just became my favorite character of Furuba. Wow. Never thought that'd ever happen

Same I always thought she's a little too nice but it's kinda refreshing ^-^
May 31, 2021 2:29 PM
Oct 2020
holiday498 said:
Mixed feelings here, I don't know if it was pacing issues to cover more chapters or the original writing got weird here, but Akito's change of heart was super sudden, and ngl I guess it was supposed to be dramatic but Tohru falling so suddenly and out of nowhere made me chuckle a bit, a bit over the top for me.

I agree. I've been really enjoying the whole series so far, but this was, at least for me, just a little too much. Though I wouldn't say the whole episode was bad, and I will definitely continue watching.
May 31, 2021 2:32 PM

Nov 2011
I had to put my dinner down while I was watching this episode. God dammit I hate Akito with a burning PASSION. The fact that the cliff collapsed where Tohru camped out was everything coming in a complete circle imo.

God damn that kiss though...well overdue.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 31, 2021 2:33 PM

Apr 2020
Literally cried watching this episode
I do want to eventually read the manga :'(
May 31, 2021 2:33 PM

Dec 2016
That pure precious soul TTATT Tohru didn't deserve all that! I'm glad Akito didn't push her off the cliff, but still ;_; Not gonna lie, but I literally cracked my knuckles the moment I saw Akito beat Tohru non-stop... it was very painful to watch ;~;

Oh, and what do we have here? My favourite ship is sailing? Yes, please! <3 But still, was that the best time to kiss her? I'm already happy just to see him open his heart to the woman he loves =^w^= I wonder how Tohru will react from now on, after her heart's been taken I mean >w>

What an emotional episode! I have a feeling Tohru changed Akito's heart for the better. Let's see how this goes.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 31, 2021 2:35 PM
Oct 2016
Kyoru is love, Kyoru is life!!

May 31, 2021 2:36 PM

Nov 2014
My feelings towards Akito are just confused and conflicted, I hate her for the actions and the abuse she brought upon the Sohma's, but at the same time, I feel like Tohru, if I was given a chance to help Akito, then I would, call me a moron, but I am that type of person.

MY SHIP HAS SAILED, YAS! God, I squealed when Kyo and Tohru finally kissed even the scenario wasn't the greatest and wasn't sure whether I would laugh in happiness or cry in happiness, suppose I did both xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2021 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
Phenomenal episode once again, Fruits Basket is smashing it in the last few weeks.

I didn't think Tohru would be able to calm Akito down with words, kudos to her and that after Akito actually cut her arm as well.

When that cliff started crumbling... My poor heart just absolutely dropped to my feet D: What an emotional rollercoaster again. That kiss though T_T The ship has sailed, but I wonder if Tohru was conscious when Kyo kissed her. Not the greatest of timing if you ask me, unless there wouldn't have been a better moment.

Honestly I am just pleased that both Tohru and Kureno are doing fine. The sudden change of heart in Akito is very welcome. Is it enough to forgive her, I guess the remaining episodes will tell.
CeddyyBearrMay 31, 2021 2:47 PM
May 31, 2021 2:46 PM

Aug 2019
damn Tohru can really heal just about anyone, really good episode
May 31, 2021 3:07 PM

Aug 2017
I mean, Akito change of heart is rushed if u ask me. I still think this season should be 2-cour instead of a rushed single cour. Are they going to punish Akito somehow? Geez, I don't like how is this going. Akito is a criminal and she deserves punishment.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 31, 2021 3:15 PM
Jul 2020
some people probably wont agree but i dont think of akito as a bad person like shes been going through so much and shes just scared of being left alone (of course that doesnt justify her actions towards the others but still)
May 31, 2021 3:20 PM

Oct 2020
This show is perfect. Couldn’t ask for anymore after the Kyohru moments we had today. Didn’t like how Akito’s relationship all of a sudden is good w everyone, but yeah, don’t care at all what happens to her. Just want more screentime to Kyo and Tohru.

May 31, 2021 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
holiday498 said:
Mixed feelings here, I don't know if it was pacing issues to cover more chapters or the original writing got weird here, but Akito's change of heart was super sudden, and ngl I guess it was supposed to be dramatic but Tohru falling so suddenly and out of nowhere made me chuckle a bit, a bit over the top for me.
yeah, the pacing was definitely a bit off compared to previous episodes
May 31, 2021 3:41 PM
May 2021
Oh my God, my heart does not bear these flowing feelings that I feel at this moment, this chaos in my heart and these turbulent feelings will not go away. Fruits basket. Sorry because I do not have what to say, I can no longer find words. An unnaturally touching episode, one of the best episodes I have watched, I am sad because there are only 4 episodes left over the ending of the anime. It will leave a big void in my soul, as farewell is difficult toru, kyu, and everyone, I really loved you and thank you because you made me cry and made me happy, I will really miss you
May 31, 2021 4:00 PM
Aug 2020
holiday498 said:

The cliff Tohru fell is near Tohru's tent and had been known to be unstable. It was mentioned by Shigure in Episode 1 of season 1.
May 31, 2021 4:10 PM

Mar 2019
Ah yes. Trash, trashier, more trash, Akito. Confirmed once more. God or not god, she should die alone. She destroys everything, even the good story for me.

I wish Tohru and Kyo all the best, they deserve happiness
May 31, 2021 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
ggultra2764 said:
This episode adapted all of Chapters 121 and 122, parts of Chapter 123, and the second half of Chapter 124

That’s genuinely really surprising, the pacing here felt a lot more organic than some episodes this season that tried to cover like 4 chapters. Akito's turnaround here actually felt pretty organic despite it all happening in a single episode. Like everyone else in the show not named “Hiro”, bad parenting is once again the ultimate villain.

The cliff giving out way was too foreshadowed to be anything other than unintentionally comedic though, haha.
removed-userMay 31, 2021 4:29 PM
May 31, 2021 4:28 PM
Feb 2020
no No NO!!! I said i can't feel bad for Akito but DARN IT!! I do feel bad for her...She should still be accountable of her actions but damn... Major changes in the right direction for once. SO QUICKLY IN HALF AN EPISODE TOO!!
May 31, 2021 4:47 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
again, tohru is seriously the best, and her relating to akito and her obsession with everlasting bonds regarding tohru's need to keep her connection with her mother in perpetuity was nothing short of beautiful, seriously one of the best moments of the show.

as much as people are waiting for all the ships to sail, which obviously i'm with everyone (especially now that uo-chan and kureno can finally meet again), there are apologies that must happen, like kyo owes yuki a big one for making him the bad guy and if akito is turning over a new leaf, more so than anyone else, rin deserves to be begged for some forgivness if any.

once more, like last year and the year before it, fruits basket would probably end up my aoty and most definitely enter my top 10 of all time, just as well.
May 31, 2021 4:48 PM
Apr 2021
The second time I’ve cried this season! And one of the best episodes yet. The pain I felt for Akito when Shigure asks her if she pushed Tohru. Now that’s a character I never thought I’d feel pain for! What a good start to her redemption though.
May 31, 2021 4:59 PM

Feb 2017
kyo and tohru's kiss was not what i was expecting but i've been dying for them to get together because they're such a sweet pairing. tohru's fall scared me half to death and the way that whole scenario was progressing really made me think she was gonna die jfc. she's such a sweet person too - she really wants to give akito a chance to start over despite the pain she's inflicted on so many people. that's a really admirable trait in tohru but i honestly don't know how to feel about akito now. this season is going by way too fast i swear every episode is 5 minutes long:(

placeholder text
May 31, 2021 5:06 PM

Jul 2019
Besides a little pacing issue, the episode is perfect. Another 5/5 in the bag.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 31, 2021 5:11 PM
Apr 2021
Dawg this was a good ass episode lowkey had me thinking that she was dead and was like wowwwwww. Another thing is how she had noticed akito finally not as a person but for who she really is. Last she accepted that she is moving on from her mom and not staying by her side anymore
May 31, 2021 5:12 PM

Sep 2015
holiday498 said:

According to manga readers, the episode in terms of pacing was perfect except for Akito's developing. So, probably they chose to get focus more on the dramatic side (which I don't think was bad at all). In my opinion, I really liked the chapter, especially for Tohru's dialogues.
May 31, 2021 5:18 PM
Mar 2016
First things first, please don't be harsh on me. Im annoyingly picky with this show because I have had it on a shrine since it aired. And on top of that, its just an opinion, mine.

Im so sorry to say that im kinda dissapointed. I mean, I like but I dont at the same time. For two reasons, mainly.

First, Akito. I mean... I am okay with Akito starting to realise that she did all wrong in the past but... seriously, that's all it takes to redeem the character? As easy as crying a little and feel a little sorry to vanish all the pain she caused to everyone in the zodiac? Dude, that was too sudden, like in the last chapter she STABBED Kureno, also Tohru, but with some nice words she magically becomes a good person. No. Rushed.

And second, Kyoru. Ive literally waited sooooo long for this moment and I loved how it came to happen. But honestly, I saw it coming. I feel like the show have killed the romantic tension eversince Yuuki met Machi and confessed he viewed Tohru as her mom. Yuuki was wiped out of the triangle so early and in a so anticlimatic way that idk... And I say this as a Kyoru stan. (The only moment in this season that got me truly thrilled was when Momiji subtly hinted that he would make a move on Tohry if Kyo didnt... like MAAAAN, i didnt know that I wanted it till you said it. Seriously. Its all about TENSION)

Aigh... I really wanted to like the finale. I have loved eveything about first and second seasons but this one is leaving me all bittersweet.
May 31, 2021 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, boy... I always finish this show being an emotional mess. This episode was INTENSE.
"Show compassion to the least deserving person when they least deserve it" proves right with Tohru and Akito.
Both Kureno and Tohru are safe, thank goodness!

We're only 4 eps away from the end oh god... The waterworks are coming.
May 31, 2021 5:34 PM

Dec 2020
that was emotional. tohru and akito's scene was great, also liked how they pointed out how she fell on the same cliff that made her move into shigure's house. can't believe kyo kissed her like that tho ig its supposed to be romantic and moving but..... come on is that really how they had their first kiss. when she's near death?😭😭

akito therapy arc. but since we dont have any professional therapists in this world, tohru is the therapist. still can't forgive the shit akito's done but i can somewhat pity, mostly but also sympathize with her now

man we're nearing the end of this show. definitely wished that we could've got more episodes especially for this season but they've been doing it flawlessly so far so if it means making it worse then i prefer this ofc
May 31, 2021 5:38 PM

Dec 2018
siltrip said:
First things first, please don't be harsh on me. Im annoyingly picky with this show because I have had it on a shrine since it aired. And on top of that, its just an opinion, mine.

Im so sorry to say that im kinda dissapointed. I mean, I like but I dont at the same time. For two reasons, mainly.

First, Akito. I mean... I am okay with Akito starting to realise that she did all wrong in the past but... seriously, that's all it takes to redeem the character? As easy as crying a little and feel a little sorry to vanish all the pain she caused to everyone in the zodiac? Dude, that was too sudden, like in the last chapter she STABBED Kureno, also Tohru, but with some nice words she magically becomes a good person. No. Rushed.

And second, Kyoru. Ive literally waited sooooo long for this moment and I loved how it came to happen. But honestly, I saw it coming. I feel like the show have killed the romantic tension eversince Yuuki met Machi and confessed he viewed Tohru as her mom. Yuuki was wiped out of the triangle so early and in a so anticlimatic way that idk... And I say this as a Kyoru stan. (The only moment in this season that got me truly thrilled was when Momiji subtly hinted that he would make a move on Tohry if Kyo didnt... like MAAAAN, i didnt know that I wanted it till you said it. Seriously. Its all about TENSION)

Aigh... I really wanted to like the finale. I have loved eveything about first and second seasons but this one is leaving me all bittersweet.

All I say is calm down, it's not over yet.

And about Akito, there's more on her fate on FB Another manga, but only God knows if we'll get it animated.
May 31, 2021 5:46 PM

May 2020
I swear every new episode that gets released just increases my love for this show. It's so good. Seeing Akito in a new light is kind of refreshing, it's making it hard not to forgive her, it's not like I can forgive her actions or anything she's done, but I can sympathize with her and don't hate her as much as I did last week. And the way Kyo ran straight towards Tohru as soon as he heard the news. I swear to God if this man doesn't get up and visit her in the hospital I'm going to be fuming. I really want Akito and Tohru to become friends, I've never thought of them that way but I'd imagine it'd be like what happened with Uotani, the way she changed her way of thinking when Tohru was introduced into her life. But damn, this episode 10/10
EmmuhzxMay 31, 2021 5:51 PM
May 31, 2021 5:58 PM
May 2017
Great episode. So intense... Akito earned her redemption from Tooru's hands.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 31, 2021 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
So I think the cliff thing is a bit contrived honestly, like I really think the writer maybe should of done something like akito pushing away her hand reaching out is what caused her to fall to make it one last thing directly of her actions that caused the real change/guilt in akito. I think even that is kind of contrived but just having a random fuck you landslide happen at the most innopportune time.

Outside of that the episode was good although I hope they aren't all too immediately forgiving of akito, like she can feel sorry about it all and everything but she is still a monster. I actually do like how they have her breaking down not being able to handle why people arent angry at her for what shes done so that is reassuring, so far they are handling the redemption somewhat well I just worry its gonna jump ahead way too much and only give her a slap on the wrist. I really think the only way I can forsee myself being truly ok with it is if she does some sort of self-punishment such as intentionally isolating herself from the rest, only then have something like Shigure come in to stay by her side. If they rush into some big get together where everyone's friendly with her thats just going to leave a bad taste.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

318 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.