Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, that Merlin and Escanor scene together almost hurts to watch. You can see the feelings of passion but also despair in those flames.

Definitely highlight of the episode imo.
May 26, 2021 2:26 AM

Nov 2007
Demon lord's attack first that made them unable to move at all, then witch lady gave them power.

Fake for the full counter. Then power together to crush the land body.

Demon lord's appearance before disappearing... an old? bald? guy. Using water?

Everyone's safe, but no power from witch lady's power. Souls not gone, though.

Younger KajiKaij's character first seeing the new power KajiKaji's character, who used it to destroy the souls.

The couple left, not intending to go w. the group.

Sun guy already in limit. His final words (w. the goddess w. original sun power) including his confession to witch lady, and said not because she looked like the one he loved. She gave him last kiss, leaving herself scar.

Short preview (due to cm for movie w. present campaign) w. KajiKaji's character and pig, seems like story about the witch lady next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 26, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
anika12332 said:
It's a recap.... Uhhh
What you talkin' about...?

The final push against the Demon King, and with Merlin's Power Limit Breaker, and Meliodas's Full Counter for a combo Deadly Sins power finish. Yet, the core of the 10 Commandments aren't fully exterminated...?

The last bit of effort lies with Meliodas to utilize his demon power to fuse the 10 Commandments together and defeat the Demon King once and for all, the end of the age of light and dark.

It's all over, for both Zeldris and Gelda, and also Escanor, the expunging of his Sunshine power being the final farewell for the Seven Deadly Sins. More than whimpers and cries, Merlin strikes to Escanor the most, not before leaving him with a kiss and a memorable fire scar of remembrance.

May you be missed, Sunshine. RIP Escanor.
May 26, 2021 10:06 AM
Oct 2018
even though the animation is the worst thing ever, the voice actors and the story managed to make this incredible episode, I felt very emotional at the end of this episode, it was worth watching even here with these problems.
May 26, 2021 10:55 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Escanor, you were truly a legend.
May 26, 2021 11:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the last scene with Escanor was better than I expected... Merlin kissed him and burned her face.
That was kinda powerful, RIP to one of the best character from this anime
May 26, 2021 11:43 AM

Jun 2019
Finally, Meliodas and the seven deadly sins have defeated the Demon King. The place is a mess tho. And props to that lake who took all the magic in and Meliodas destroyed the amendments as well.

And there goes our legendary Escanor. He finally expressed his feelings towards everyone he cared about especially Merlin. That kiss was so powerful. It's too late now Escanor. You could've done this sooner. That mark is proof that Escanor existed. A sad day for the fans and the Seven Deadly Sins.

Rest in Peace, Escanor.
Pre_YumMay 26, 2021 11:47 AM
May 26, 2021 1:26 PM

Feb 2020
Damn RIP GODcanor 😭
May 26, 2021 3:06 PM
May 2019
RIP Legend Escanor.
May 26, 2021 4:14 PM

Sep 2020
R.I.P. Legend ESCANOR
May 26, 2021 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Tomokazu Sugita did well per usual, what a way to go out!

Sleep well, Escanor. 🔥
May 26, 2021 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
Is it not gonna finish adapting the manga? Only 4 episodes left and not even on the final arc yet. It's been awhile but is it possible for all that to be in just 4 EPs?
May 26, 2021 10:47 PM
May 2019
The anime is a fucking trash.. Shit went downward sloping. Fuck this shit. Let's finish this show and never remember.
May 26, 2021 11:45 PM

Jul 2015
The Sun has set.
RIP Nuclear Reactor.

May 27, 2021 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
rest in peace Escanor the scene at the end was beautiful this very good give be see the love of Escanor for Merlin.
May 27, 2021 9:21 AM
Sep 2020
R.I.P you sad legend
May 27, 2021 2:10 PM
Feb 2015
RIP Escanor, my favourite character from the anime and most liked one of everyone, the anime surely went downhill, just cuz of escanor i had watched the current season otherwise it wasn't really worth continuing.
from a throughout boring & flat season i was almost about to burst in this episode!
May 27, 2021 8:00 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, I haven't gotten this emotional since Hawku's"death" in season 1. RIP my man Escanor.
May 27, 2021 8:17 PM
Jun 2019
Best episode so far imo, you guys don't know how much tears i shed watching this episode eventhough i know what will happen. I become more emotional bcs this scene really far exceeded my expectations (the animation, ost, voice acting).

Farewell, the one who stand on the pinnacle of all clans.

The sun has set its master to rest.

May you rest in peace, Escanor
May 28, 2021 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
Eh, with the track record of bullshit revivals this series has, Escanor will be back in 3 episodes.
May 28, 2021 9:12 AM

Jun 2016
R.i.P Escanor Latommm !!!

May 28, 2021 9:02 PM

Mar 2013
Ah, I see they took the coward's way out with Merlin's scars. Disappointing.
May 29, 2021 3:55 PM
Feb 2021
Rip Our Lord Escanor
May 29, 2021 4:37 PM

Nov 2012
The loneliness and love btwnEscanor and Merlin was so sad, and yet his words were beautiful.
May 30, 2021 12:08 AM

Oct 2019
So Escanor is no more :( Rest in peace big/small guy.. That was a very touching scene between Merlin and Escanor, and that kiss they exchanged was very hot! I wonder who that other "chalice" might be for Merlin, per Escanor's last poem. Could it be King Arthur?

In the next episode we at last find out Merlin's true intentions. So, 4 episodes left and the Cursed by Light movie and that's it, this show is done right? It's high time I think, because the last two seasons were rather tiresome to watch..
May 30, 2021 9:08 PM

Oct 2016
at the end escanor says something about merlin's crimes and she says "you knew?" does anyone know what he was referring to?
May 31, 2021 1:19 AM

Apr 2007
jacksoon said:
at the end escanor says something about merlin's crimes and she says "you knew?" does anyone know what he was referring to?

I'm curious as well.
Blergh.
Jun 2, 2021 9:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Touching final moments there. Rest in Peace, Escanor. Your pride, strength and arrogance will not be forgotten, I still remember seeing the hype when he first appeared and kicked arse. And to make it even more impactful, Merlin sacrificing a scar to bid him farewell was pretty heartbreaking.

Finally, the Demon King has been beaten. It got seriously dragged out for too long.

Zeldris, like brother Meliodas, is quite the avid fan of boobs too xD.

Curious to see what the next 5 episodes will cover. Merlin's background next ep should be interesting, to say the least.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 2, 2021 9:34 AM

Apr 2020
RIP to my guy Escanor

Alexeon said:
jacksoon said:

I'm curious as well.

Wasn't Escanor's kingdom destroyed? Maybe Merlin was the cause of it?
Jun 3, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2016
Uff, the farewell between Escanor and Merlin was powerful. I liked how the latter expressed her feelings by initiating that kiss with burning passion.

RIP legend

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 4, 2021 6:52 PM
Nov 2019
RIP Escanor he truly was the best character in this anime...fuck why did they gotta kill him out of everyone ;-;
Jun 6, 2021 12:35 AM

Jul 2019
Escanor was the reason i decided to watch this anime, now he is gone. Beautiful and satisfying end of a unique character aka sun god. RIP..
Jun 6, 2021 7:13 AM
May 2018
Thank you Escanor, the only reason why I'm finishing this season off. RIP Legend
Jun 21, 2021 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
RIP Escanor the best character in the whole show, he carried s2, s3 and s4 on his back. Seeing his backstory in this season and also seeing him get a kiss from Merlin was a treat, probably the only treat in s4 if I'm being honest. Even if she doesn't love him back, their kiss and her decision to carry a scar on her face to remember him in order to bid him farewell was very emotional. Like she said, if they met earlier things would've been different. Maybe she loves someone else or will be able to find someone she'll come to love. Escanor said he thinks she's lonely and sad so I hope this will change for her. The romantic poem he wrote for her was really good too. He was always intent on loving her without asking anything in return, which is the purest form of love in fiction.

I can't believe out of all the characters with the thickest plot armor Escanor is the only one who died. Damn it.

Besides Escanor saving the episode, I think Demon King was a pushover in every single form he took. There was no reason to drag the fight so much, it had absolutely no weight. Even Estarossa was a bigger challenge to the Sins compared to the King and he was supposed to be inferior. But anyway, at least the battle is over, thank christ.
Jun 23, 2021 1:56 PM

Jun 2014
The best sin out of the 7 and the one who was singlehandedly backpacking this terrible final season and he had to be the one to die. Damn they really toned down Merlin's scar compared to the manga.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 24, 2021 6:48 AM

Apr 2018
Poor Escanor, his last conversation with Merlin was sad. This was a good fight. Visuals were great. Escanor was a great character. Merlin hugs and kisses him in the end THIS IS GOOD ROMANCE! Finally after 4 seasons. Escanor got what he wanted. GG Escanor, you got what you wanted.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 27, 2021 9:45 PM
Jun 2017

IF Meliodas had the power that surpasses demon king ...why didnt he use it earlier????....Escanor wouldnt have died then?
Jul 2, 2021 5:25 PM

Nov 2010
nikhil21411 said:

IF Meliodas had the power that surpasses demon king ...why didnt he use it earlier????....Escanor wouldnt have died then?

Exactly my thoughts too. So lame. Escanor sacrificed his life for nothing, since Meliodas was holding back all this time. Escanor should've delivered the killing blow to DK, then his death would've been acceptable IMO.

Merlin lost my respect for rejecting Escanor, but immediately gained it back after she kissed him and now he's literally burned into Merlin forever. hehe

EDIT: Hmm after watching a bit of ep. 21, I guess Meliodas was conserving his DK powers so that he can completely destroy the 10 commandments. I guess that's a good explanation on why he was holding back.
MizuhoKamuiJul 2, 2021 6:12 PM
Jul 5, 2021 11:45 PM

Dec 2016
They animated the Escanor farewell scene better than any other scenes of this season. But it was still way beautiful and emotional in the manga.

In the anime Merlin said “However the proof that you lived, that you loved me, and that you were a man, is something I'll burn into my body”

In the manga Merlin said “But as proof of your life as proof you existed...I'll take these burns upon me...as symbol of the one man who ever loved me”

The manga one is much more impactful and beautiful than the anime....

And I didn't like the angle of the kissing scene in the anime, it looked like they were trying to censor it in a shitty way. I wish they kept the angle same as in the manga.
Jul 13, 2021 9:56 PM
Apr 2019
RIP Escanor. Truly an awesome warrior.
Aug 23, 2021 10:59 AM

Feb 2021
I was prepared for the death of escanor. But omg that kiss with Merlin & his last words to all his friends . It was so emotional

In my opinion he is the best character in this series
Sep 23, 2021 6:40 AM
Jan 2021
RIP Escanor, you will be missed :( 🥺

Sep 26, 2021 11:17 AM

May 2015
Damn, Escanor death hit hard. Escanor > rest of crew.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 5, 2021 2:48 PM
Mar 2016
So Escanor died for no reason, and we didn't even get an ultimate attack in his cool final form? I mean Zeldris straight up admits that Meliodas is stronger than the Demon King in his final form, but he doesn't use it until the fight is over.

So aside from the constant melodrama and secret keeping that somehow continues to happen for every single character and not destroy their friendship (every time their selfishness just makes things worse for everyone), we get what barely qualify for light shows what should be absolutely epic fights we've waited for the entire series.

The first half of this final season was awful, and now that I can finally watch the rest it's worse than I feared. Like the writing isn't even at fanfiction levels anymore, it's BAD fanfiction levels now. It took me a bit into the first season to really get into this show, but after that I really liked it. Now, graphics aside, it just continues to completely disappoint me.

They're just going to throw away the best character like that? For shame. The last kiss wasn't even between their true forms! Someone spoiled his death for me a long time ago, and I hoped they changed it in the anime. But no. Almost every other character comes back again and again in typical fashion... But not Escanor. Never the characters I actually want to stick around. Even just in spirit form.

Not to mention only half an episode to focus on Escanor's backstory. I can forgive a lot of things, but this plot is swiss cheese, and the epic conclusions feel more like sentences in an epilogue paragraph.
Oct 5, 2021 2:53 PM
Mar 2016
MxS7HGS said:
nikhil21411 said:

Exactly my thoughts too. So lame. Escanor sacrificed his life for nothing, since Meliodas was holding back all this time. Escanor should've delivered the killing blow to DK, then his death would've been acceptable IMO.

Merlin lost my respect for rejecting Escanor, but immediately gained it back after she kissed him and now he's literally burned into Merlin forever. hehe

EDIT: Hmm after watching a bit of ep. 21, I guess Meliodas was conserving his DK powers so that he can completely destroy the 10 commandments. I guess that's a good explanation on why he was holding back.

I knew that's what they would go with, but they had 100s of years to destroy the commandments afterwards, and they weren't even sure they would survive the fight. They certainly didn't expect him to revive the first time. It's still a crappy justification no matter how you look at it.
Oct 16, 2021 7:51 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Pain. Just complete and total pain.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Oct 25, 2021 10:54 AM
Apr 2018
Final Attack : Full Counter

SUN is always there in our hearts. A Memorable episode!

Sayonara ESCANOR!

Nov 10, 2021 8:19 PM
Nov 2021
I wasn't expecting to actually cry. Escanor burning away and Merlin kissing him goodbye. Burning a scar on her face to never forget him really hit me.
Nov 20, 2021 3:04 AM

Jan 2021
Escanor was the one of the main reasons everyone enjoyed watching 7ds he will be missed
Dec 29, 2021 12:25 AM

Jan 2009
Merlin now has a permanent 5 o'clock shadow.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2021

96 by selgoku »»
Apr 11, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2021

103 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 23 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2021

33 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

36 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2021

35 by GearheadOtaku »»
Mar 10, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.