Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 19, 2021 7:09 PM
Feb 2021
Soundtrack for this EP was amazing. First time I’ve heard la campanella in an anime. 10/10
Jul 19, 2021 7:09 PM
Feb 2021
Soundtrack for this EP was amazing. First time I’ve heard la campanella in an anime. 10/10
Jul 19, 2021 9:17 PM

May 2019
Man wtf was that UPPER LEVEL OF SAKUGA? Come on! The Re:Zero guy became famous for Re:Zero, but then his work to gain the best anime adaptation is now Vivy! So ironic are the plot twists of anime industry.

epidemia78 said:
This whole thing about "Diva" becoming a complete separate mind from "Vivy" seemed so unnecessary to me. Why couldn't the Vivy we started out with just learned from experience over the many years since her last mission and gradually develop a more confident personality? That would have been more interesting IMO. Seems like just a way of shoehorning another "sad" death into the story.

Sure the reason for this plot event was another "sad farewell" just as like ep. 2, and 4, and 6 lol

But at least i praise an well made story, and it fits well in the plot: Vivy "broke" her mission (aka soul) seeying the suicide, so we would lose to see a "Diva fullfilling the promisse to Momoka of be the great singer that would make everyone happy".

Then the plot found a way, and now, yay, the tormented Ai is back and i HOPE we never hear anymore she repeating her damn mission again lol (im still going to watch next episodes).

Man, it is so sad when we lose the weekly realease of new episodes to discuss about anime. Binging it later is like watch netflix series.
Jul 20, 2021 3:41 AM

Aug 2013
Binging this series right now and I cannot believe how much of a banger it is so far; props to WIT Studio for delivering us a serious dark horse. My feels are at a next level high off this.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 21, 2021 3:33 AM
Mar 2012
Complex bad subs, need rewatch better subs.
Great fight Kakitani bot 40years later vs Diva.
Sad chad Diva senpai personality is gone, and left us that strong song of partnering with Matsumoto, going beyond the individual mission.
So many themes happening, and connections to previous arcs crucial especially the Dr's suicide causing Vivy's split persona & breakdown. Parallel between Antonio & Ophelia, vs Cube & Vivy's strained relation. Kakitani & his piano teacher compared to Vivy, him questioning why make AI approach humanity.
Jul 21, 2021 12:57 PM
Feb 2016
Just finish the episode, and i don't relally understand why Antonio want to suicide Ophelia :/
Someone can explain me ?
Jul 24, 2021 6:37 PM

Dec 2013
I wished we got more explanation on the terrorist's situation but overall it was still a strong episode. The action really blew me away.
Jul 30, 2021 6:34 AM

May 2015
Welcome back Vivy.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 1, 2021 9:10 AM
Apr 2021
I just have a little question about smth i didn't understand, WHO was the man who fought against vivy ?? :/
Aug 2, 2021 11:12 PM

Aug 2019
Dammit it got me, this episode got me. I cannot word how amazing this watch has been, this anime has hit almost everything for being a masterpiece in my eyes.

Absolutely loved Matsumoto's development. Until now we've always seen him as the lead, bossy, sarcastic and argumentative with Vivy. However his talk with Antonio, admitting that he was close to the obsessive state similar to his with Ophelia, a failure of a partner that never put their partner first, but the mission, always the mission, and regretting it. Developments like these were we see characters change and developed not just slightly, but massively, is what i love to see in my animes.

Antonio and Ophelia's story was truly a heart breaker. It's clear Antonio's actions was inheritably wrong, but was his reason really that cynical? He truly wanted Ophelia to succeed in her career, but his role as a guardian, became more of obsession that led to over-protection of Ophelia, and clouded his vision. He really did care for her, otherwise why would he of gone so far? But it can also be argued that he didn't care for her, but her mission, why go as far to take over her? To play the role of Ophelia for so long instead of help guide her? To accomplish her mission to make everyone happy with her singing.
The ending was the real nail in the coffin for me. If we say that at the end, the Ophelia that held onto his corpse was the real Ophelia, then that shows he never erased her and truly just cared for her, not her mission, till the end

Kakitani's character in this series personally has to be on of the most interesting, shrouded in mystery, but personally i'm ok with the conclusion to his story. A man, so dedicated to his cause, to his mission that one would argue he was a machine from the very beginning, that at the end, broke.

The ending was really something Antonio and Ophelia's story, Diva's situation, the music, the visuals, Diva's final words to Vivy all had me in shambles. I really haven't felt this way about an anime in a while.
Code0018Aug 2, 2021 11:15 PM
Aug 6, 2021 7:10 AM

Sep 2020
The fight between Diva and Kakitani was epic, it had fantastic music and looked soooooooo good. Definitely one of my favourite episodes from the series, kept me on edge the entire time.
Aug 8, 2021 4:51 AM

Nov 2013
Once again not a fan of fight scenes in this anime. I feel like they should not belong here. So, Vivy is back but Diva is gone. Does that mean the singing is over?
Aug 15, 2021 6:05 AM

Feb 2018
The fight between Antonio and Matsumoto was nice but the fight between Vivy and Yuugo was so damn good.. So Diva's memory disappeared? and now Vivy is back?
Sep 14, 2021 5:27 PM

Feb 2016
I didn't really understand this arc. The previous arcs were better.
その目だれの目?
Oct 16, 2021 9:49 AM
Feb 2017
Insane, thrilling, yet heartfelt and resonant. That was an incredible episode, especially regarding the scene with Diva (upbeat persona) talking to her original Vivy self (the autonomous robotic persona). The action scenes and even the fight choreography were stupendous, even if they ain't on the level of something like KnY or JJK.
Nov 17, 2021 6:50 AM

Apr 2021
Nothing and no one prepared me for the electronic warfare program and Diva's fight!
“Why does an apple fall when it is ripe? Is it brought down by the force of gravity? Is it because its stalk withers? Because it is dried by the sun, because it grows too heavy, or because the boy standing under the tree wants to eat it? None of these is the cause.... Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own free will is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of history and preordained from all eternity.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Nov 22, 2021 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
The script is terrible.
Jan 6, 2022 2:22 PM

May 2016
That was a banger of an episode the emotional farewell from Diva to Vivy inside her mind
in that wonderful room.

I found Antionio act quite stupid if you ask me, also that that what hell was wrong with him.
Mar 9, 2022 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
fight scenes are very impressive but somehow i dont think they fit in this story
May 29, 2022 6:44 PM

Feb 2019
So the energetic, confident and happy Vivy is not "Vivy" but "Diva", a complete alter ego of her, basically a different person.

And Diva has to go now, so Vivy can return. Matsumoto's partner is Vivy only.

The idea and execution of this ep is brilliant, Diva really pours her heart and soul in her last performance. Hopefully project singularity will be a success so her sacrifice is bot dying in vain.

Matsumoto didn't use 100% of his power, once he did it all went down. Truly the superior AI from the future.

The fights are stunningly awesome.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 12, 2022 5:30 PM

Dec 2018
ElPsyKongroo69 said:
Blue_Maroon said:
I think this episode all but locked up Vivy has AOTS.

Unfortunately To your Eternity exists which is clear of everything else this season

to your eternity had a great open and close and a whole lot of absolute trash in the 80 to 90 percent middle.
Jun 12, 2022 5:33 PM

Dec 2018
ZXEAN said:
Why Ophelia/Antonio want to committee suicide again I still don't get it ?

Other then that this episode is fantastic the fight scene was mind blowing and R.I.P Diva ,

antonio took over the both of them, got upset he couldn't even sing as good as she could as her, and wanted to end it and when he died she got restored, but of course at that point she was dying. she probably was a spectator the whole time but had no control.
Jun 13, 2022 12:29 PM
Aug 2020
StateofOhayo said:
ElPsyKongroo69 said:

Unfortunately To your Eternity exists which is clear of everything else this season

to your eternity had a great open and close and a whole lot of absolute trash in the 80 to 90 percent middle.

I completely agree now. I posted that after 5 eps I think. Was complete garbage from then on
Jul 28, 2022 8:49 AM

Dec 2020
What's that, a robotic love story! This show using anthropomorphism every episode and it does not works, not for me. Art and animation is top notch but the plot gets repetitive. Episode 6 was the peak.
Aug 13, 2022 7:37 AM
Jul 2021
O MELHOR ATÉ AGORA!
Sep 25, 2022 6:26 AM
May 2021
Another beautiful ep!!! 🔥😭😭
Sep 27, 2022 4:13 AM

Dec 2020
So for old diva/vivy when they said frozen and got rebooted I thought she was gone. But she was actually just hiding away. New Diva was very cocky and super cheerful and full of expression would of been kinda nice to have like both of them interact more with each other or take turns controlling the body.
Nov 13, 2022 8:41 PM
Jun 2016
Incredible episode. Fight scenes were amazing and the song at the end combined with the conversation in the Archive made it worth of a 10/10
Dec 14, 2022 9:34 PM
Nov 2022
at this point in the show ive lost all care for vivy, so her whole split personality thing had 0 impact on me personally. the whole plot with that one dude felt pointless as well, it wasn't necessary in the slightest, and made it so vivy was actually useless this entire arc. 2/5
Feb 26, 2023 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was something special. The direction, too. Masterclass.

I didn't expect Diva to be erased. I thought she would just unlock her memories as Vivy. That's quite unfortunate. I liked her warm personality and quirky finger snaps. And that little dance she did at the end while talking to Vivy added so much to her character. All of it made her human. It's sad things ended up this way, but I'm happy to see Diva fulfill her mission. In the end, she revealed what's inside. Her heart.
Apr 21, 2023 3:46 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The action in this episode wants places. This is definitely one of those episodes that will be remembered for years to come.
Jul 17, 2023 7:37 PM

Jun 2021
My favourite episode of vivy, it had all that i like of this anime, this anime is a banger in all senses.
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Oct 7, 2023 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, I'm really liking the direction and writing.
We finally learn about Kakitani's past and the reason why he joined Toak.

Our decisions / experiences and how we evolve from those define us and make us human.
We see an example of this by Antonio and his decision to take over Ophelia, his mission was to support Ophelia and through his experiences with her he eventually interpreted that by having to take over her body.
Just the fact that he was able to perfectly imitate her without anyone noticing implies he had a deeper understanding of Ophelia other than how they were both programmed.

The "mission" these AI have really shows how they're more than just computers / 0's and 1's, they make illogical decisions just like humans.
PrOxAntoOct 7, 2023 2:13 PM
Jan 28, 11:49 PM
Jan 2024
The animations, fights and visuals are very good and spoil the eyes 50:50 with the fate series🔥🔥
Feb 5, 4:05 PM

Mar 2010
They really killing everybody that is not Masumoto or Vivy lol

It is sad that Antonio was not able to hear her answer.
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
Another example of tasteless 'let's humanize not only androids but also robots to a degree not reachable by many human characters in other anime'. Then what is the purpose of this anime which imitates sci-fi but always ends with some human tier drama? Looks like a bait to me then. What is the point of deleting of Diva's personality? Just for more drama reason again, it's so fresh...
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

257 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

369 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

295 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.