Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's not a massive Kaiju but they actually managed to captured one of those things. Too bad it didn't remain that way for too long.

Gauma's personality also seems to be more and more aggressive in this episode. That poor city and those people. They were not ready.
May 21, 2021 7:17 AM

Apr 2016
This show likes to push the theme of children growing up, but its also about the decisions you made as a young person that carry with you through your whole life. That's what the unemployed-kun and his "almost girlfriend" reminds me every time they brought it up.

Also we need a spin-off or an OVA of the "bad guys" just doing slice of life stuff lol that was funny :D
May 21, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
Heh, the Kaiju-of-the-week is a small colorful one that splat on Gauma's face and its surroundings. His caretaking went awry too.

As much as I want to understand Koyomi's afflictions of his past romance failings, I just can't help but feel like this guy deserves more.

Never have seen Gauma control a Kaiju before, but the "Instance Domination" part was freakishly funny for the chuckles. Yomogi had a link to it, even if he couldn't control as the closest the Dynazenon crew could've got. No surprise that Anti and Second would show up to clarify the properties of a Kaiju while the Eugenicists have a fair bit of recreation.

Notice that Gauma mentions about "Princess", the person who was kind to living things,

Too bad that the Kaiju didn't stay small for long (due to Sizumu's intervention), havoc wreaks immediately. To that effect, both Yomogi and Anti merging together looks dope, but to kill it while it has feelings and emotions, this is a new feeling for Yomogi.

The hallucinations of this episode is definitely noticeable...
May 21, 2021 7:48 AM

Oct 2017
Quite an amusing episode focusing the colouring Kaiju, too bad it had to die thou. Yomogi will most likely be able to fully control Kaiju soon or something similar. He's gonna get even more conflicted. Also as I thought the thing Chise picked is gonna turn into a kaiju or maybe a part of Dynazenon who knows.

Yume x Yomogi moment at the end was sweet. Specially with Yume poking him and also their conversation from the begining of the episode reversed at the end scene.

Also I like how during this entire event the Kaiju eujenicists were just chilling and having fun.
May 21, 2021 7:57 AM
Sep 2015
This is a relaxing episode, but it's also sad. Surely Gauma's emotion make that Kaiju grow, a lot!
May 21, 2021 8:26 AM

Oct 2020
Haha, Gauma's face looks ridiculous! The juxtaposition of the main crew fighting the Kaiju and the Kaiju Eugenicists just messing around was pretty hilarious. Yomogi might be able to control Kaijus. I'd definitely like to see them expand on that. Yomogi and Yume were once again very cute.
JamalaNekaMay 21, 2021 8:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2021 8:31 AM

Jun 2020
I can't stop thinking how cute Yume when she's trying to Instance Domination that little alien kaiju but, I wonder what happened with Yomogi... maybe he's actually can controlling kaiju?

"Keep searching until we find it."
"OK."
Lol, nice joke, Anti.

Also I really hope they make a progress about Yomogi and Yume relationship...
May 21, 2021 8:49 AM

Mar 2019
Ok, this might be my favourite episode so far. I loved it.
May 21, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2019
Things are getting weird, this is seeming more gridman every episode. I like yomogi is having some interesting development besides loving yume. Very hyped about next episode, i think its very likely that it will be a VERY important and weird episode. Im also crossing my fingers for a storyboard/AD work from Kai Ikarashi, he did a stellar job on episode 9 of gridman so pleaseeee
May 21, 2021 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
The events were very interesting, I didn’t expect a kaiju with the power to color things or cool objects to be seeing this.
May 21, 2021 9:59 AM
Aug 2020
The more I watch this show, the more it reminds me of Power Rangers
May 21, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
are Yomogi and Chise gonna be Kaiju Users too? lol

Chise is developing a Kaiju it seems though

Kaijus are born from human emotions

damn the social interactions on this anime are very good though, even the enemies are having social fun
May 21, 2021 11:20 AM

Jul 2011
I hate how this anime bait me, to think that will happen something to Chise, this time was become a Kaiju User, but no, she got just a hot glue dragon.

The building where Chise and Minami ,wasn't very well projected or people are doing exactly what you shouldn't do in case of disaster that is use the elevator.

Was fun to see Kaiju Eugenics just having fun around, and is always good to see Mujina around.
May 21, 2021 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
Lots of funny moments in this episode, I really like them a lot.

We got more info about Koyomi and Inamoto where we see that she found a lot of money and wanted to go somewhere with him but he ran away... there still has to be more, right? Seems like the poor guy still can't find closure.

One would expect Chise to be the one able to use "Instant Domination" but surprisingly it is Yomigi who seems to have that ability. Too bad for the Kaiju though, it didn't seem to be evil, just curious, but still posed a danger to people.

The Eugenicists having fun while a kaiju is on the loose in the city lol. I keep wondering who the big bad is because they definitely don't look like it... except for Shizumu, he's planning something.

You can't not love Mujina. Mujina is love, Mujina is life.

Chise's thing keeps growing... and it's shaped like a dragon huh.

The ending was cute with Minami trying to cheer up Yomogi <3.
May 21, 2021 11:47 AM

Aug 2020
i just love the script and the long silences in this anime , its so much fun . and the brilliant storyboarding that adds to it .

kinda sad ep , even though ugly it was , that kaiju had its own cute characteristics . sucked to see it pass away , looking at yomogi in its last moments.
and for once it wasnt the kaiju eugenicists' fault . Mujina cute moments were a cure for the heart . and also this :

that spider web thing that chise was holding at the end 100% looked like the one from yomogi's sudden imagination.

(anyone noticed anti's sword hitting the railing , reminiscent of that dude from gridman ?? hahahahah)
May 21, 2021 12:18 PM
Dec 2017
Probably my favorite episode so far. Yomogi was revealed to have the potential of a kaiju user after all, the kaiju eugenicists spend some time resting (and therefore felling more like a realistic group of friends) and we saw the destruction a kaiju causes first hand, when the kaiju-of-the-week almost killed a house with Minami inside.
I specifically liked the idea that kaiju's have a heart as well and the fact that Yomogi needed to kill a living being without the kaiju eugenicists interference. Also, Yomogi's and Minani's relationship as well as Gauma's personality developed further, so that is nice.
May 21, 2021 12:50 PM

Aug 2020
Something is up with Yomogi, can he use Instant Domination or is it something else?
May 21, 2021 1:16 PM

Jul 2015
Not gonna lie.. extremely love the casual reactions of the SSSS characters.. never drop those! in future sequels!
Also.. Mugina thighs saved the day again.. there are now a lot of mysterious characters and not a lot of episodes left.. man i wish we had more.. i'm in love with these characters..
May 21, 2021 2:04 PM
Apr 2021
amazing episode,love this anime so much
May 21, 2021 2:37 PM

Feb 2012
Fun episode, it reminds me of certain episodes of the 93 toku (e.g. ep 20 with Mecha Stealgun) where Takeshi designs kaiju to cause problems that are petty compared to Kahn Digifer's life-threatening ideas.
01:36 Kids treat kaiju as an object of curiosity, not necessarily something to be feared. It makes sense that SSSS.DYNAZENON is set in a computer world like last season.
02:02 At first it looks like the Kaiju is spilling pigment everywhere but looking closer, it almost looks 3D, as if it changes the texture of what it touches (like in a 2D or 3D graphics environment).
02:52 More is revealed about the event involving Inamoto and Koyomi.
Back then, Koyomi avoided taking money that wasn't his. Now, he likely regrets that he didn't run away with her.
06:56 Yomogi is relatively the most successful in controlling the little Kaiju, not even Gauma could do it. He sees a vision of the egg-brain thing inside the Kaiju and then his face becomes very reminiscent of Akane in SSSS.GRIDMAN. His hand does a similar pose to the one in the OP.
09:02 With Sizumu having left the "failed Kaiju" that Yomogi and Yume later found, the Kaiju Eugenicists have little to do while they wait for a new Kaiju.
09:48 The emotions that would later nurture the "Coloring Kaiju" are likely those of Gauma when he slept thinking about the Princess. Gauma knows nothing about the Gridknight Alliance. But we do... ngl, I expected Anosillus II to transform like when she met Yuta to prove Gauma wrong.
10:56What "villains" do on their day off... Literally the whole day. Bowling, tennis, segways, they're just having fun. Mujina, especially.
11:18 It's night time and yet Gauma's miscoloured head shines. Definitely in a glitch in a Computer World. Gauma finally calls the woman he is looking for "Princess". Once again affirming the connection SSSS.DYNAZENON has to episode 18 of the 93 tokusatsu series.
13:02 With another day having nothing to do, the Kaiju Eugenicists watch "Tarabaman" in 4DX.
14:13 It takes one to know one. Anti's subplot in SSSS.GRIDMAN had him discovering his own heart, becoming Gridman's fellow hero. Knight's sword hitting the railings solidifies his role as the Samurai Calibur of SSSS.DYNAZENON
15:18 With what happened last episode, Koyomi takes collateral damage into consideration. Gauma the Mummy gives a reminder of his age.
15:59 DIA CLOOOONE! I hope to see Trigger animating certain TakaraTomy properties in the future. The Kaiju, now fully grown, doesn't appear to be acting out of malice. It's treating Dyna Striker like the big toy that it is.
17:12 Dyna Soldier transforms into the Dynamic Canon, a weapon for Gridknight to use. It is a homage to Gridman's Dragonic Cannon weapon from the original Tokusatsu. This was the first part of Dyna Dragon that was developed.
18:44 Knowing that Yume is in the building, Yomogi hesitates to fire. Attempting to use his Kaiju User powers, he catches its attention. A single eye emerges from its "mouth" to stare at him. Reminds me of Evangelion ep 2 when helmetless EVA-01 stares at Shinji. Gridknight and Yomogi use Dynamic Fire (a homage to Dragonic Fire in the original Toku). Aiming a little higher, they miss the building, only destroying the Kaiju. Heard the SSSS.GRIDMAN OST in this scene. Stitched the shots of Gridknight with Dynamic Canon.
20:59 Chise's Kaiju egg has been growing, and we have confirmation that human emotions is what nurtures Kaiju. Last time, Yomogi was there to empathize with Yume over the loss of her sister. Now, she is comforting him.
Fortress_MaximusMay 23, 2021 3:11 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 21, 2021 2:38 PM

May 2020
This is for sure my favorite episode so far, it started calm but interesting and finished a little bit sad but man, Yomogi really stepped up this time.

It seems he can control kaiju's too and he is finally getting closer to Minami, soo good.
May 21, 2021 2:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
SkyLETV said:

You can't not love Mujina. Mujina is love, Mujina is life....

Her thighs will haunt my dreams in the best of ways for decades to come.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 21, 2021 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
Probably one of the better episodes of the series, it meshed the mundane 'Doing stuff with the gang' bits with the kaiju of the week a lot better than some previous episode which borderline felt like they were having to pause the actually interesting character stuff just to shoehorn in a fight.
May 21, 2021 6:44 PM
Oct 2019
Will Yomogi mastering instant domination?
May 21, 2021 7:43 PM

Aug 2020
This episode was hilarious. The most different by far. So it seems that Yomogi has a connection with kaijus, as he made the instance domination for a couple of seconds, and also the scene where the kaiju stared at him. One thing I noticed in this episode is the landscapes, which are beautiully done. I'm so glad I'm watching this series while it is being released!

It was funny to see the eugenicists just doing normal things haha It shows that they are people like us after all. All the female characters are charming and cute. Impressive.
KitsuFrostMay 21, 2021 8:15 PM

May 21, 2021 7:44 PM

Aug 2020
Farabeuf said:
SkyLETV said:

You can't not love Mujina. Mujina is love, Mujina is life....

Her thighs will haunt my dreams in the best of ways for decades to come.

They are mesmerizing... That scene when she yawned was gold.

May 21, 2021 9:41 PM

Jan 2011
episode had a lot of what the hell is going on with that moments and i feel like were going to hit a turning point " what if we were the baddies all along"

Mujina is still my religion was not expecting her to bound with the red head as much lol
May 21, 2021 11:22 PM

Aug 2019
damn Mujina really is the best girl in this show
May 22, 2021 3:11 AM

Oct 2008
it was fun seeing Mujina having fun malling watching movies, bowling but that scene when Mujina woke-up...SUPER THICC!!!
5/5.

May 22, 2021 6:05 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah I totally agree. It's a really good ep. The best ep for me so far.

I also really liked the scene before ED, then Minami offers Yomogi to eat. She smiled so tenderly and carefree, then replied that she didn't care where to eat, and then the frame changed to Yomogi's dazed face, which was slowly covered by sunlight...
Damn that's such a trivial trope, but it was soo good!
dokugamineMay 22, 2021 6:10 AM
May 22, 2021 6:24 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! The Kaiju Eugenicists out here just having fun lmao, that was great, Eugenicist screentime is always great because you know, we also get Mujina screentime. While Gauma gang is having depressing problems. Really wondering who this princess Gauma is referring to, It could be Akane, it could also be not Akane. Shizumu probably let the Eugenicists just chill on purpose, so he could see how Yomogi develops or turns into a kaiju user or something. What the hell was that quick computer world vision of Yomogi though, and that white thing is growing on Chise. We are nearing the end and if it's like Gridman, shit's about to pop off in these remaining episodes.

Really love the awkward pauses in the interactions and the lack of background music, it just sells the realism of the interactions. Anti even inherited Samurai Calibur bumping into things gag, but it was a subtle ding lmao. Koyomi going through a midlife crisis though. And loving the development of Yomogi and Yume's relationship, I sure hope nothing bad happens to hinder this relationship. Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 22, 2021 7:21 AM
Apr 2020
Voice drama 8.8 is already up. We get to hear Anocillus' trademark giggle, and Yomogi getting into trouble with Anti.
https://streamable.com/igblzh

The purple mark on Gauma's back has been steadily growing bigger, btw.
https://imgur.com/a/HvldgUP
May 22, 2021 7:49 AM

Oct 2016
I think in the earlier episodes Glasses Eugenicist remarked that he wanted to recruit Yomogi and the others to join the Eugenicist group, kinda suggest that the Dyna Pilots have the potential or power to control the Kaiju.

I like the part where the gang stated on how Anti and 2nd are so very knowledgeable about Kaijus
Anti and 2nd: *crickets…..
May 22, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2013
woah yomogi almost succeeded taking control over the kaiju i wonder what's behind it
May 22, 2021 9:49 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi has a connection to the kaiji which attacts the babe
May 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
Maybe they can use the instant domination thingy when they start having doubts towards killing kaijus and actually starts trying to understand them. Gauma cant use it anymore cause he started seeing kaijus as things to be killed.
I liked how the start of the ep and the ending of it were parallels, start was Yomogi asking Yume to eat somewhere (was awkward af btw when Yume just stared at him after his invitation and kinda just shrugged him off) while in the ed Yume repeated the exact shiz Yomogi asked her but Yomogi as the head over heels young guy wanting to bang the hot popular chik that asked him that ofc saw a bright ray of sunshine after he gets asked that.
Comedy scenes hit good this episode, still not a fan of NEET dude and his backstories btw, Gauma's comments are getting more and more obvious that he is talking about
Mujina being adorable and hot as usual in every scene she is in and Chise with her stuffs... damn what an episode.

Also I swear that ED song gives me such nostalgic vibes... I love it!
May 22, 2021 3:03 PM
May 2018
i like that scene where Anti turns around and his sword hits the rails. Reminded me of Samurai Calibur.
May 23, 2021 6:22 AM

Apr 2016
The main highlight of Dynazenon to me isn't the action but arguably the way the conversations are handled in like every episode. Trigger surely has stepped up their game in manipulating the flow of a scene, thus eliminating or at least minimizing any sense of boredom in a lengthy dialogue with outstanding visual tricks. Simply put, there's no redundancy as far as I'm aware when it comes to talking, the character expression and gestures are just spot-on.

One major concern is probably the lack of explanation with the setting, like human's life wasn't taken so seriously till recent episode and even so they just decided to speed up those moments instead so idk what's the point lol, and not to mention how cheap of a suspense it was when Yume was trapped in this episode, especially with how she kept dropping stuff randomly which wasn't very convincing at all, but whatever.
May 23, 2021 9:48 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Arguably the best episode yet, it was loaded with charm. Loved the character interactions throughout the whole episode.

It was surprisingly entertaining to see the Eugenists having fun.

I find it a bit strange that throughout the series, they can't decide whether or not they value human life or not. Koyomi stopped Gauma from firing because of being in the city, but they've fought multiple kaiju before and it wasn't an issue. I wish it was a little more decisive in that regard.

The scene flashing between Yomogi and the kaiju was especially striking.

Ultimately Yomogi had to choose between something that may have a heart and Minami. I have a feeling as time goes on they'll make this concept of kaiju's with hearts more prominent.
May 23, 2021 10:03 AM
Apr 2020
takkun_ said:

I find it a bit strange that throughout the series, they can't decide whether or not they value human life or not. Koyomi stopped Gauma from firing because of being in the city, but they've fought multiple kaiju before and it wasn't an issue. I wish it was a little more decisive in that regard.

It's quite different from Gridman, where the main cast tended to acknowledge those killed by Akane's kaiju attacks (even if nobody remembered them anymore after the city gets auto-repaired).

I find Dynazenon tends to put greater emphasis on interpersonal character relationships and troubles; at the possible expense of worldbuilding stuff and reveals still being somewhat blurry at this point.

May 23, 2021 8:34 PM
May 2020
Finally some big plot development, I was awaiting for it. Im not sure how their gonna TRIGGER-ify it in less than 4 eps but they're gonna do something I just know it. Also props to the facts that they did the whole tease with Yomogi and use it in the same ep rather than doing it at a later time. Can't wait to see the next few eps.
May 23, 2021 10:23 PM
Apr 2020
this was a great episode. I loved the eugenicists just hanging out and I love Anti/Knight getting more screen time. also at some point during the episode, I noticed there was a poster for diaclone hanging in the background. so that's cool.
May 25, 2021 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
Was anyone else disappointed Chise didn't pilot Dyna Wing when Minami dropped it and couldn't join the team?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
May 28, 2021 7:14 AM
Dec 2020
Good episode also mujina her thighs are just amazing the reason why i wait for every episode
May 28, 2021 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
EASTER EGG from EPISODE 8 14:42

Music Video 0:20

OhmAnimeMay 31, 2021 1:18 PM

May 29, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2020
I know i'm a week late, but...

Am I watching too much anime?

I think I am watching too much anime.

Nanachi's wisdom:
"Watch the Monogatari Series following the Novel Order."
May 30, 2021 1:27 PM

Mar 2010
I just want to see em date already. But it really brought this whole kaiju ordeal down to our level.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 5, 2021 12:58 PM

Jul 2008
So Yomogi is a kaiju user too? So if they aren't mindless beasts, then that changes the game.

Also Mujina bowling....heart melting.
Jun 14, 2021 3:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yomogi can control the Kaiju as well... hmm I didn't expect that but I'm not surprised
Jun 25, 2021 5:55 PM

Aug 2017
Who's that Princess? Are all Kaijus evil? Is Yogami x Yume a thing? Too many questions!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

121 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 11:53 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2021

106 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 11:06 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2021

63 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 10:41 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

58 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 9:43 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

80 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 25, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.