Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 10, 2021 3:48 PM
Apr 2021
This episode gave me chills. It was SO satisfying to see Tohru admitting her feelings for Kyo.

That last scene tho??? It seems like something bad happened between Kyo and Tohru's mom and I'm so afraid of it ruining Tohru and Kyo's relationship I'm not ready to cryyyyy
May 10, 2021 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
Bro the end of this episode had me fucking screaming at my Television.

We went from GREAT development between Kyo and Tohru to complete and utter Annihilation.

When I saw the Cracked Picture of her Mother in the ending song I fucking lost it.

Incredible Episode.

Side note: Not a fan of Short Hair Rin. But I am a friend of her and Tohru being Friends :3
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 10, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
What a phenomenal episode. I don't know where to start...

First thing to stand out is Shigure going on about the curse to Isuzu and failed to notice Tohru coming around the corner (or he knew, you never know with him and he wanted her to hear it).

More surprising is the insight we got on Tohru's dad. Either I have forgotten, but I don't think he has been mentioned a lot. I remember someone asking Tohru about him before, cause all she would talk about was her mother. Now we got more and I am surprises to see that Tohru tried to copy him, so that Kyoko wouldn't leave her behind as well. That seems to fade away now, but it makes her feel that she will stop loving her mother, since Kyo came into the picture.

Tohru opened up on her feelings and besides Isuzu being surprised about it being Kyo Tohru fell for and Kagura slapping her in the face, cause she needed to tell him that in person, I was expecting a confession at the end (to Kyo, cause it was more than obvious to the viewer that she has feelings for him), but my lord that cliffhanger. That definitely raised so many questions after having a few answered. Is Kyo the cause of Kyoko's death or does he feel responsible for not being able to save her? What was that scene.. I am so curious, cause it for sure looks like it's traumatizing him.
May 10, 2021 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
THAT CLIFF HANGER AGGH
May 10, 2021 4:05 PM
Feb 2019
This episode hit hard because it was on "Tohru"
I always disliked her for the goody two shoes she was but to think she was also suffering.... Her story gave her character atleast a Depth and I liked it because it clearly shows how she became this way

That last scene tho
Kinda expected something like that from way before in season 2 but I forgot about it since they showed how kyo met tohru's mom Nice timing to make him remember tho 😐 probably something like "her mom's death is his fault that's y he is the last person in the world that has the right to love her" thing
( ╹▽╹ ) Well nice ep
May 10, 2021 4:05 PM

Dec 2016
I hope Tohru can open up more to Kyo about her feelings from now on. The moment was very sweet <3

Oh no, something's wrong with Kyo and I didn't like the way this episode ended >^< Now I have to wait next week for more details.

Great episode as always! :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 10, 2021 4:07 PM
Feb 2019
rivilwnobara said:
This episode gave me chills. It was SO satisfying to see Tohru admitting her feelings for Kyo.

That last scene tho??? It seems like something bad happened between Kyo and Tohru's mom and I'm so afraid of it ruining Tohru and Kyo's relationship I'm not ready to cryyyyy

It won't Because that's what the writer's trying to show...
.... Atleast that's what I think
May 10, 2021 4:34 PM
Oct 2016
theyre officially married now just look at them

May 10, 2021 4:56 PM

Sep 2019
Marcos_Aspira said:
BobaGoodness said:
Now manga reader mode. I’m pretty sure they are squishing everything to 13 eps, which kinda makes me worried. If the ending is bad, I’m not gonna blame Takaya for that because she’s not really involved with the production that much in this season and she could be feeling pissed too, like us manga readers. I can see why most anime onlys are confused and I’m guessing this might be explained later.

Do you have any source to confirm this information?

Nothing hasn’t confirmed. It was more of a speculation. I saw a comment in one of the recent post on FB reddit regarding to this and it was also a theory, since the person is in the industry of animation.
May 10, 2021 5:01 PM
May 2021
This episode made me cry! To this day, no anime hits me quite as hard in the feels as fruba. I really can identify with Tohru taking responsibility for her moms happiness after her dads death...touchy subject especially around this time of year. Overall I loved the episode and I’m really loving the animation this season too ^^
May 10, 2021 5:49 PM

May 2018
Ayooooo??? Hol tf up, what was thaaat. This was probably the best episode of Fruits Basket so far.
May 10, 2021 6:05 PM
Jun 2020
I don't know what's going on but I LOVE IT!
I'm not going to comment on anything because at the moment I am speechless before what I just saw, for me it is already a 10/10 and we are just in episode 6, I already want to see the next episode !!
May 10, 2021 6:56 PM

Mar 2018
What Kagura said is true, Tohru needs to face her feelings head on and stop running away from them, she should tell her true feelings to Kyo. Though, by the looks of it (at the end of the episode) there are some mental barriers preventing her from doing so.

Pretty Tohru-centric episode, with some of her "backstory" being explained, and I wish there was more of Tohru explained and more of her story.

Final scene where Kyo and Tohru had those sights, especially Kyo's flashback, were really powerful.
May 10, 2021 7:25 PM
Aug 2015
I loved tohru since day 1 and as the series describes her itself, having someone like her around makes the world seem like a kinder place. Damn this episode hit hard, I almost cried 😭
May 10, 2021 7:26 PM
Apr 2021
I think this episode is great because this episode revealed Tohru's backstory and Kyo's backstory. These are hurt and deep but Kyo's backstory is remain. I can't wait new episode for Kyo's backstory.
May 10, 2021 7:53 PM

Jul 2019
Nice to see the score keeps going up with every episode, if it dethrones Clannad and becomes the #1 romance anime I'll die in peace
May 10, 2021 8:02 PM

Jul 2016
Kagura hasn't appeared for quite a while and when she decides to show up, it's to cause ruckus and make me wanna bitch-slap her.

Also, Rin with short hair is... an odd sight, to say the least. Guess it will take some time for me to get used to seeing her without her beautiful long black hair. Damn Akito.

Overall, another pretty nice episode but this time, the flow of events didn't feel as organic as in previous weeks. Honestly, the bits with Kagura could have been skipped for all I care.
That aside, episode totally focused on Tohru's character and the hard time she has been having at dealing with the weight of her feelings for Kyou. She finally acknowledged she loves him but is deathly afraid such realization may make her forget about her mother considering she would stop being the most important person in her heart.
Not gonna lie, this matter seems kinda trivial to me since you CAN have more than one important person but given the context with Katsuya's death and Tohru's desperate attempt to copy him in order to avoid losing her mother too when she was little, I can understand that putting Kyou in first place is a huge deal for her.
This said, the hug scene at sunset gave me some hope she might start getting over it with Kyou's support but guess it's still too soon for that, given that sudden double PTSD reaction at the end of the episode. Which was honestly kinda frustrating to see since it felt like all the progress the episode achieved regarding Tohru and Kyou's relationship was simply demolished with one single scene.

Anyways, looking forward to next week to see how directly or indirectly involved Kyou actually was in Kyoko’s death.
SouthRzVaMay 10, 2021 8:13 PM
May 10, 2021 8:04 PM

Nov 2008
EWWWWWWWWWWWW

RIN'S HAIRCUT IS SO UGLY that mullet/bowl makes her look like some nerdy dude. xD why do authors do this?

Here comes the Kyoru drama...my body is ready...not sure if my heart is though.

May 10, 2021 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK This is the dreaded arc for Kyo...dammit I'm not ready
Don't believe the hype.
May 10, 2021 8:29 PM
Mar 2021
Man this season makes me cry with every new episode 😂
I agree with what everyone’s saying here that Shigure is pretty harsh but it is the truth so it’s undeniable. I’m glad Tohru’s finally realizing that her feelings for Kyo are very deep, but it kind of makes me sad how she thinks that because she’s putting Kyo before her mom, she’s eventually going to forget about Kyoko (or however you spell it).

IMO, it’s okay if you love two people the same amount or even one more than the other. Just because you love someone else doesn’t mean you’re going to forget the other person. It kinda serves as closure, yes you shouldn’t forget your mother but by having closure with her death and realizing that you’re not as selfish as you think, I think it could help Tohru feel more at ease.

About the last scene though, hellll nooo I’m hoping Kyo is just imagining things because if he actually had something to do with Kyoko’s death, I know it’s gonna be yet another huge setback on his relationship with Tohru and I’m gonna rip out my hair😭
May 10, 2021 8:56 PM

Apr 2020
Pre_Yum said:
What's with today, Man? Every show today has so many emotions.
crying on mondays

Grandpa and Kyo's chat was very deep. how much adults can damage a child's self-esteem just by believing they "don't understand". Shigure's thoughts, Kazuma's regards, each conversation deepens the feeling the end of the curse (and the series ajaj) is near

filler of Kagura's exaggerated violence it's a bit annoys to me, it can be catastrophic without breaking half a house. and dispite it's a consequence of Akito's abuse, Rin was beautiful with short hair pls!

and that hug ಥ◡ಥ it destroyed me

May 10, 2021 9:18 PM

Dec 2020
tohru starting to accept her feelings for kyo, their romance is getting closer and closer. but that ending holy shit ? did kyo see kyoko die? was he involved in it? is that why he feels guilty when coming to her grave?

rin and kagura's interaction was pretty cute too. and now rin knows that the curse can be broken + that kureno's gone
May 10, 2021 9:18 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was emotionally powerful but rushed. Its a shame.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 10, 2021 9:54 PM

Aug 2019
man that cliffhanger isn’t fair, well now I’m really interested in the death of Tohru’s mom and how Kyou plays a role in it
May 10, 2021 10:11 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A great episode, loved seeing Kagura again and we learned a lot more about Tohru’s backstory, but I think I will forever remember my reaction the ending of this episode. Absolutely blew me away, did not expect it at all. The moment Kyoko was missing from the frame and then appeared behind Kyo, got so many chills, and then the cut to Kyo remembering gruesome imagery of what looked like Kyoko’s dead body, wow. And then of course it cuts to the happy ED lol, man that was awesome. Very much looking forward to next Monday.
May 10, 2021 10:14 PM
Aug 2016
Please this episode was just me bawling my eyes for 22 mins straight.
Just when I think adults couldn't be more pathetic there comes yet another story of how those stupid good for nothing relatives said nonsensical stuffs to kid Tohru.
Almost towards the end and I still can't accept that Kyoko Honda is no more. I hate the fact that her death kind of kick started the story. I wish she was alive.
Also Kagura talking with her fists! Yes we need friends like this!! Shisho san being the wholesome dad of almost all the zodiacs now! He's the best!!!!
And man oh man what a cliffhanger!
May 10, 2021 10:14 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
I'm not sure if I never reached this point or if it just hits different, but holy shit I did not expect the big crocodile level tears. I had no real reason to feel sad, but definitely got hit in the feels. Seiyuus are too good. It feels nice to see Kyo again (although I miss his little catxrat competitive fighting side). I feel like this episode I finally accepted(?) Tohru and her seiyuu being one person...if that makes sense.

I'm interested if Kagura really thinks she likes Kyo or not, or if she internally accepts that Tohru is different and hence the emotions.
May 10, 2021 11:16 PM
Jan 2021
I feel so bad that I thought of Tohru as the 'classic protagonist nice girl ' in season 1 because this episode got deep af.

Also, damn what was with that flashback Kyo had?
May 10, 2021 11:33 PM
Sep 2020
I am a manga reader so I know what'll happen but as I hear Shigure's words, I can't really think of anything, this episode was great.
May 10, 2021 11:40 PM
Mar 2020
I'm in love with this episode but i heard manga readers saying it gonna skip some good stuff and i'm worried, also it lookes like we only get 13 episode , i hope there atleast be a movie or an OVA or a double sized episode, omg i'm dying from anxiety
May 10, 2021 11:49 PM

Dec 2019
This is coming from someone who hasn’t read the manga, but are they skipping some things?? It seems to be going at a very fast pace compared to the last two seasons. We’ve been getting bombarded w/ new information as well. Nonetheless it was still a good episode, hopefully they slow it down a bit lmao. (side note but does the animation look kinda off? I’m not complaining I just wonder if that’s because of covid & stuff)
May 11, 2021 12:03 AM

Feb 2014
What did catboy do for Tooru like him so much? It kinda feel forced to me.
May 11, 2021 12:04 AM
Mar 2020
alxison said:
This is coming from someone who hasn’t read the manga, but are they skipping some things?? It seems to be going at a very fast pace compared to the last two seasons. We’ve been getting bombarded w/ new information as well. Nonetheless it was still a good episode, hopefully they slow it down a bit lmao. (side note but does the animation look kinda off? I’m not complaining I just wonder if that’s because of covid & stuff)

From what i heard from manga readers they are kinda doing it, they are mostly focused on key moments, and i'm really worried cause they say they might skip some really good stuff, and the rumores about only 13 episodes just make me feel worse. I hope we get a movie or an OVA or something, i also kinda felt the same way about the animation but i didn't care that much.
May 11, 2021 12:06 AM
Mar 2020
curvedtree said:

it's not like the main male lead should always save the heroine's life, watch the first and 2nd season again, i think it's really make sense.
May 11, 2021 12:26 AM

May 2016
I'm not liking the whole repressed memories with Kyo. He knew his involvement with kyoko, thats the point. Making it repressed memories of all things is a pretty wierd change and has no reason to be there.
May 11, 2021 12:34 AM

May 2008
They actually skipped a lot of sentences and changing the order of events did not help convey the emotion properly.

For example, Shigure's announcement that Kureno was not an isolated case and that the entire curse was about to collapse loses its impact since the scene with Momiji has already occurred, it was supposed to be a big revelation.

And in detail, I just checked the missing parts of chapters 107 and 108 (which only cover a small part of the episode) :

To end on a positive note, I really liked the symbolism of the end of the episode, the fact that Tohru drops his mother's photo and lets it break to help Kyo.
Len-77May 11, 2021 12:43 AM
May 11, 2021 1:07 AM
Apr 2020
I'm in a minority but I think Rin looks so cute and just a little bit edgy now.

Tohru moments were beautifully made, although the episode overall unfortunately was very rushed and the way they rearranged certain things seem a little bit forced for a manga reader. 13 eps may in fact be true :/

May 11, 2021 1:23 AM
Mar 2018
All I could think about was the bedsheet being ruined, but damn, that cliffhanger is something else. Why is everyone so emotionally traumatized

May 11, 2021 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
When I first watched Fruits Basket, I never expected Tohru's character to be so deep and tragic. I thought she was just going to be another Shoujo protagonist. I love seeing her character arc unfold.

I hope her and Kyou get the happy ending that they deserve! <3
May 11, 2021 1:58 AM

Apr 2020
bro holy, what a cliffhanger, such good drama in this show
Now I sort of want to read the manga just because it is too good.
May 11, 2021 2:32 AM

Oct 2008
After Watching Fumetsu...then this episode adds more to my dehydration! it's really raining MONDAY!
5/5!

May 11, 2021 2:52 AM
Dec 2018
This episode was great. Tohru finally realised her feelings, i'm proud of her.

Im curious to know what happened in the post. Kyo looked so scared :0. I feel like the mom saved kyo and thats why she died idk
May 11, 2021 3:03 AM

Jul 2015
I suspect Tohru's mom shoved Kyo out of harm's way and took the hit from Truck-kun.
When he saw her photo, he realised it was her and "I won't forgive you!" was just him feeling guilty and assuming Tohru will feel grudge towards him. But Tohru is so kind, she would never.

Anime only, btw.

May 11, 2021 3:43 AM

Oct 2015
fcking saucefags legit cant even wait till the series to end to complain
its just REEEE they skipped X which isnt really relevant at the end of the day and its therefore bad D:<

fcking plague on this forum
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 11, 2021 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
I know nothing about the source but the last couple of episodes have felt like speed runs, introducing new information about characters AND resolving things based on that information all within a single episode.

It’s so weird to have S1 and S2 take things at a borderline too slow pace at points only to sprint to the finish at the end.
removed-userMay 11, 2021 4:38 AM
May 11, 2021 3:57 AM

Mar 2014
That was a lovely moment between Kyo and Tohru.....until that last scene
May 11, 2021 6:26 AM

Feb 2014
So Tohru was not always this cheery and gentle. Pain and sorrow steeled her hearts to become so. This episode hit really hard. Even though they are children, they do understand the things in their own way. Most couple's in this show are getting a good closure now, but Tohru and Kyo's is gonna be hurtful.
Ugh gotta steel my heart for what's coming next.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 11, 2021 8:35 AM

Oct 2017
Simply put, a beautiful episode. Tohru x Kyo was strong af in this episode. Thou that end has me worried.
May 11, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2008
curvedtree said:

That's not how loving someone works. Sometimes they don't have to do anything special; just be by your side when you need them.

May 11, 2021 10:24 AM
Jun 2011
...are they rushing? I haven't read the manga, but it feels like they're rushing.

Good episode, despite that.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

317 by ducvub10 »»
Apr 22, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.