Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2011
I'm enjoying this anime more than I expected. So long since I found a interesting slice of life romcom.

One mystery about Gotou discovered, now to the next.What's her deal?

Let's get those 3 missing cups,Sayu!
Apr 12, 2021 9:43 AM
Dec 2020
"What cup are those" I fucking lost it, this ep was great
Apr 12, 2021 9:48 AM

Sep 2019
I really liked the OP visuals, Sayu was looking so cute in those sheets. Yuzuha was cute. So Gotou has I cups, damn that's big. I think she's my least favourite girl.
Apr 12, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2020
Another episode of Sayu is goddamn cute and adorable.
It was a good ep, I'm liking Yoshida's personality more. And seems he's pretty popular at work, his junior was good too, tbh I will like Yoshida to be with her junior more than Gotou, but that's just my opinion.
Sayu got the mobile as a gift, adorable.
So yeah, pretty good, laid back episode.
Now wait for the next Monday.
Apr 12, 2021 9:58 AM
Dec 2018
Already looking like the best show this season, the bar is pretty low, admittedly.

Yoshida looks like the best MC for some time, decent, thoughtful but not weak or a complete goody two shoes. It looks like he is walking into a minefield so I hope they can maintain his great character.

There are a lot of men and women like Gotou, who get off on someone liking them without offering anything back. And, of course, it is early days, so people shouldn't be so quick to judge her.

Mishima looks like a nice character and, early days, I am hoping that she will get closer to Yoshida if the series starts to go in that direction.

Yoshida needs to keep talking to his workmate, the guy gives him some solid advice. Being too nice to Sayu might not be the wisest move in the world. She is already fond of him and, knowing that she has only dealt with scumbags up to now, Yoshida should be wary of being too nice to her and then she falls in love with him. After the life she has had, it wouldn't be a surprise that she falls for the first nice and honest guy that she meets. She seriously does not want to be found, cutting off from all her friends by throwing her old phone away.
Apr 12, 2021 10:00 AM

Aug 2020
Pretty good Op and ed. Is still different at manga but still good episode.

Mami vibe but still Sayu smiles still the best we must protect her.

Apr 12, 2021 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
nooooo Yoshida, reject thot-senpai and embrace best girl kouhai
Apr 12, 2021 10:01 AM

Sep 2020
"I believe in Big-breasted older supremacy". Perfect lmaoo. I like all girls in this show and episodes are really going fast. I feel like this is better than nagataro
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Apr 12, 2021 10:02 AM

Aug 2020
This guy straight up asked what her cup size is.
Apr 12, 2021 10:05 AM

May 2015
curvedtree said:
Women like Gotou-san are the worst, they turn you down after you confess to them, but they get jealous if you move on from them and find a new person.

I don't think she was one of "the worst" just because of that, that was actually how most women would think in a similar situation - what she felt was not exactly jealousy but more like being offended by that the guy seemingly had got over her so quickly. It was actually a good thing that they have stayed so close to each other in spite of her having rejected him that they could discuss the matter over a dinner in a friendly manner.
IshitatesoApr 12, 2021 10:09 AM
Apr 12, 2021 10:09 AM
Oct 2019
A really good episode. Sure, it has lot of jumping around. But otherwise, a fun episode witch semes to be building up at lot of different plot points
Apr 12, 2021 10:09 AM

Aug 2020
MegamiRem said:
Sayu's so adorable, the hug was sweet.

Yoshida's a man of culture. Older women are the best.

So Gotou's the possesive type eh. She rejected him yet doesn't want him to date anyone else. I really dun like girls like her.

Yoshida's kouhai Mishima seems like a nice girl and she seems to like to him too.

Agreed older women forever and always
Apr 12, 2021 10:17 AM

Mar 2020
Yoshida is nice and caring. Going out of his way to treat a random teenage girl nicely not even knowing her full situation. Mishima got some screen time this episode. She'll probably be an important one in future events. Wonder why Gotou asked Yoshida out for dinner. She must have had something else on her mind that she could not bring herself to say.
Apr 12, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2021
I really liked the OP
I'm glad that Yoshida and Sayu have more confidence in each other
Best Girl, Kouhai Mishima appeared o(><)○
Honestly, Gotou is the one I least want for our MC xd

Yoshida is like most guys, we don't know if you're interested in us until you tell us to our face and not with hints 😂

Apr 12, 2021 10:44 AM

Mar 2014
Really hope this doesn't go the romantic route between Sayu and Yoshida but I'm probably fooling myself ;_;

Gotou is the type of woman I dislike, she does not reciprocate Yoshida's feelings but she still wants to feel loved and validated so she gets selfishly jealous if his attraction to her is threatened by another woman. This kind of stance can sometimes make the other person have hope that his feelings are returned when sadly it's not the case.
Apr 12, 2021 10:45 AM
Jan 2021
tetrix1993 said:
Another lovely episode. Love the OP & ED! Hope the junior isn't annoying... and why is Gotou still asking him out even when she rejects him?
pm-Red said:
i feel like im gunna really dislike Gotou if she doesnt leave it be
todorooo said:
first of all, Gotou-san is a b*tch.

Imagine rejecting a guy then getting bothered because he just got a girlfriend.

ps. she has I-Cup DEYYYMMMMM

"For me, Sayu is a child before woman"

What a chad. I like this guy.

You all get your answers about Gotou's reason probably next week or the week after. So stay tuned on what's happening.
Apr 12, 2021 11:09 AM

Nov 2017
Protect Sayu Smile with all the Cost!!!

Apr 12, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2020
2 episodes in and I love this show. Based on how I see this playing out, I think I'll end up liking it the same way I like Sakurasou or Bunny Girl Sempai. Really quality writing so far.

Also, that smile at the end. HNNGH my heart
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Apr 12, 2021 11:17 AM
Dec 2018
A lot of hate on Gotou already. She's his boss, and in two episodes she has gone out to dinner with him twice. She is is older than everyone else in the story. She has already explained that people put expectations on her to behave in a certain way because she is their boss.

It's funny that people who are accepting a 17 year old who has been with multiple guys for a place to stay, not blaming her, are not giving Gotou San a chance when she is clearly very interested in Yoshida. Her character has 'not all she appears to be' written all over her.
Apr 12, 2021 11:17 AM
Feb 2021
I really like the second episode especially how sayu hugged yoshida making him feel better this anime will definitely develop yoshida love life as well as his relationship with sayu
Apr 12, 2021 11:31 AM

Feb 2014
Ishitateso said:
curvedtree said:
Women like Gotou-san are the worst, they turn you down after you confess to them, but they get jealous if you move on from them and find a new person.

I don't think she was one of "the worst" just because of that, that was actually how most women would think in a similar situation - what she felt was not exactly jealousy but more like being offended by that the guy seemingly had got over her so quickly. It was actually a good thing that they have stayed so close to each other in spite of her having rejected him that they could discuss the matter over a dinner in a friendly manner.

He went to talk with her because: 1 he still likes her; 2 he thought she reconsidered the rejection. She wanted to talk with him because: She thought he was dating someone after confessing to her. A mature adult would simply say "I'm not interested" and move on, he was being the mature one, despite being rejected and it seemed like he wasn't going afterwards her again, she on the other hand is playing with him and that is immature of her.
Apr 12, 2021 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Another brilliant episode.
I have a feeling that Gotou will be the main source of drama in this series. Meh, I hate people like this.

Gab5 said:
Already looking like the best show this season,

Yep, same for me
Gab5 said:
Already the bar is pretty low, admittedly.,

But this is where I don't agree with you at all ;)

[quote=Danae message=62745174]Really hope this doesn't go the romantic route between Sayu and Yoshida but I'm probably fooling myself ;_;
/quote]
Because?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 12, 2021 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Syureria said:
I don't know if it was me who didn't realize, wasn't the OP too obscene? I mean I have to see Sayu's naked every week? To ED, Sayu is really like a housewife, really ... They better get married.

Ah this scene, I remember it was in Vol 4 which tells about Sayu's past. is this a hint they'll adapt to Vol 4?? if so maybe they will skipped a lot of scene.
Apr 12, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2020
Really enjoying the character development and relationship build between the two. It's not forcing anything.

So far, I am really loving this show. It's sad most people automatically look at the age gap without even looking at how they characters are handling the situation.
Apr 12, 2021 11:59 AM
Apr 2020
this was a great episode! Sayu is just so frickin adorable i can’t take it!!! she is so precious
Apr 12, 2021 12:00 PM
Apr 2020
Brandon_Lowe said:
this was a great episode! Sayu is just so frickin adorable i can’t take it!!! she is so precious

i also think this could be a solid 9 if done right
Apr 12, 2021 12:07 PM

Nov 2014
Yoshida gets another +1 to respect this episode. In all thsoe conversations he keeps nice level and doesn't do some stupid fuck ups, while sounding very natural.
As for Gorou... let me guess, she lied about being in a relationship and now regrets it? Tbh that other girl seems much better option for him so far.
Not sure what to think about potential romance with Sayu. Sure, she is cute and them ending together would be a solid ending. But atm it's too soon to progress that imo. I'd rather see them living their spearate lives while supporting eachother at home, and then eventually falling in love much later.
Apr 12, 2021 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
Yoshida has cemented himself as a man of culture by being honest with his co-worker about him loving older ladies with big boobs. XD

Once again, this episode felt wholesome and very satisfying. Sayu and Yoshida are getting along a lot better in such a short time and I do like how Yoshida treated Sayu to a new phone, even through she didn't want one, but since he did say that he wanted to contact her just in case he would get home late, Sayu accepted his gift with joy. =)

This episode did bring up the elephant in the room and that was Gotou, Yoshida's boss. He was surprised that, despite getting rejected by her in the previous episode, she personally asked him out for dinner. I'm happy that their working relationship hasn't become awkward, although I can't help but think there's more than reason why she wanted to take him to dinner and ask those questions about him.

We got our first taste to the OP and ED segments and both songs are great, definitely one of the betters songs this season so far.
Apr 12, 2021 12:21 PM
May 2020
Really loving Yoshida’s personality and found Yuzuha quite charming/cute in this episode.
Apr 12, 2021 12:22 PM
Dec 2020
Gotou is I Cup... great info
The opening is amazing! Love that the song it included was from DIALOGUE+
First heard them in Bottom-tier Character tomozaki and instantly fell in love with them!
Apr 12, 2021 12:28 PM

Sep 2020
Really cute episode. Yoshida seems kinda like a dad or older brother going out and shopping for a phone for her and worrying.
Apr 12, 2021 12:28 PM
Apr 2021
Lovely episode. I really hope they will fall in love.
Apr 12, 2021 12:33 PM

Feb 2019
Making a drinking game out of the 'yasashii' counter in this show would make anyone drunker than Charlie Sheen, it's almost disconcerting. I guess there's no other way to make sure the MC is yasashii unless the women around him constantly say it, it's just anime law.
KosmonautApr 12, 2021 12:37 PM
Apr 12, 2021 12:35 PM
Aug 2020
Another surprisingly decent episode. I still have a bad feeling that Yoshida will fall in love with Sayu, especially after he blushed when she smiled. I like the father-daughter relationship that they have and I don't want it to be ruined.

Also, I want Gotou to bury my face in her boobs
Apr 12, 2021 12:37 PM
May 2016
I get it now, first episode threw me off, this is a harem but for grown men instead teenagers. He's already has three girls will there be more? Expecting the adult women to discover his teen runaway and be supportive and make them think it was nice of him and admire him for it, then all fight for his affections LOL
Apr 12, 2021 12:41 PM

Aug 2016
Sayu is definitly one of the best girls this season!
Apr 12, 2021 12:44 PM
Apr 2021
the op and ed gives me oregairu vibes, really liking this anime
Apr 12, 2021 12:46 PM
May 2020
sayu was finally able to pull off a genuine smile
Apr 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Oct 2020
Good episode. Sayu's really warming up to him and her façade of forced smiles and laughter is slowly fading.

Though the fact that Yoshida can't see through Gotou's malintent is really worrying. Having lingering feelings is fine, but she's definitely going to do something malicious later. My best guess being exposing Sayu and Yoshida to the authorities.

Hope I'm wrong.

Other than that, one of favourite shows of the season so far.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Apr 12, 2021 12:54 PM

Dec 2013
Fuck Gotou, absolute worst girl, he's better off with his cute JK wifey or his kouhai at work
Apr 12, 2021 12:55 PM

Sep 2020
just read the manga, I guarantee that it gets more bloody after this...

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Apr 12, 2021 1:08 PM

Sep 2020
Pretty damn good. The op is alright but this episode was very interesting. His trainee seems to be interested in him and that might have been making the boss jealous, whatever is going on with that seems very spicy.

His relationship with the girl is also getting interesting, she seems to be getting better and he believes he wont fall in love with her when he obviously will (hopefully only paternally, their relationship right now is very cute). I was wondering what happens if someone not in the know needs to visit his house, everyone thinks he has a girlfriend and they might snoop around.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Apr 12, 2021 1:22 PM
Oct 2020
At 10:23, I think Sayu is reading Kuroko no Basket because one frame there was a basketball and it looked like Akashi was on the cover
Apr 12, 2021 1:23 PM

Jun 2015
I dont really get it. I enjoyed first week eps much more primarily because it gave all the little cretins heart attacks at the audacity of the content even know nothing bad is actually going on. This week just felt bland in story I for me Im worried it will just teeter into rom com territory without any actual comedy.

I'd totally marry his boss at work however, she seems like a total minx!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 12, 2021 1:24 PM
Nov 2017
Candyblaze said:
I thought, How can Yoshida be that good ?, bruh, he bought a smartphone for juniors , a bit envious of yoshida's kindness

Some people are just nice. Not perfect but they like to help others, specially people that look helpless. I think he really cares about his juniors, I feel the same and I try hard to help mine, specially those who are really nice.

I also think for now he looks to sayo like a younger sister. She looks like very nice teen that just need to care and love. I would not do that for a stranger (bring someone I don't know the backstory to my house) because is a risk but If I know some good kid that just need some attention and love but had bad luck with their live I would help him without thinking.

I will probably never have a kid but this anime somehow made me think about someday just adopt some teen in need. Many of them just need an adult give them some care and love. Help her or him to get some decent education, proper coach in life and help to start their adult live while being supporting.
Apr 12, 2021 1:24 PM

Mar 2014
Hey yoshida's friend...your name is...hashimoto right? you better call the police and report the issue if you are really his best friend, or else you will be treated as an accomplice once cops find out they are living together illegally.
ButtSlapperApr 12, 2021 1:29 PM
Apr 12, 2021 1:27 PM
Feb 2020
Is it the pacing? Or everything is just a little different from the manga
Apr 12, 2021 1:53 PM

Aug 2020
What another banger of an episode. Pacing was just right, though there wasn't much screentime from Sayu. The hug between them two was very cute, she is really bossing over her in a kind way. Also Airi is being very pushy. But in the end, great episode.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Apr 12, 2021 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
Gotta admit, the dialogue is pretty dang good.
Apr 12, 2021 1:56 PM

Feb 2018
Snackgamers557 said:
Ah this scene, I remember it was in Vol 4 which tells about Sayu's past. is this a hint they'll adapt to Vol 4?? if so maybe they will skipped a lot of scene.
I heard rumors that this will be adapted to the end, maybe until volume 5. This is rumor, not official
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

185 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 12, 8:09 PM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.