Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2021 11:31 PM

Sep 2009
Gab5 said:
Xaphion said:

Well of course she just met him so she doesn't know his limits and she goes all the way without hesitation but at least she stops at the point where it's obvious he can't take any more.

What next? If he starts drowning when she pushed him in the river she will call for help so its all OK? Oh, at least.....

I never said it was all okay. I was only glad that the starting point wasn't as low as I imagined it would be, being an anime only and hearing spoiler-free descriptions on how it will progress.

Even throughout the episode, with every encounter we see (what I'm assuming are) slight pangs of guilt. In the art room she sticks around and tries to cheer him up (though for some reason still wearing that shit eating grin), and on the next encounter she acknowledges her terrible treatment of him.

I would understand if people dropped it after just this episode. What I myself am expecting from this anime would be Senpai overcoming his trauma/bad habits by being pushed out of his comfort zone, and Nagatoro...at least learning some moderation, but hopefully growing that peanut of a conscience.
Apr 13, 2021 1:15 AM

Oct 2010
why am I watching this
Apr 13, 2021 4:39 AM
Dec 2018
Xaphion said:
Gab5 said:

What next? If he starts drowning when she pushed him in the river she will call for help so its all OK? Oh, at least.....

I never said it was all okay. I was only glad that the starting point wasn't as low as I imagined it would be, being an anime only and hearing spoiler-free descriptions on how it will progress.

Even throughout the episode, with every encounter we see (what I'm assuming are) slight pangs of guilt. In the art room she sticks around and tries to cheer him up (though for some reason still wearing that shit eating grin), and on the next encounter she acknowledges her terrible treatment of him.

I would understand if people dropped it after just this episode. What I myself am expecting from this anime would be Senpai overcoming his trauma/bad habits by being pushed out of his comfort zone, and Nagatoro...at least learning some moderation, but hopefully growing that peanut of a conscience.

I'm sure they will turn it around, they always do, it just won't be believable for me as she's gone too far already. Uzaki and Takagi San are being playful, her behaviour is just hateful. The other two do it because they love the target of their teasing, how can she turn around and love this guy? She can't ever justify how she treated him and she has no reason to love someone who is such a loser.

But her behaviour isn't what bothers me the most, it is his. He should be coming to school the next day with a baseball bat. At some point, it would be nice to think that he would turn it around, rather than they just accept that he is a total loser and take pity on him. I'm sure she will grow a conscience, will he grow a backbone?

I suppose manga readers, who know what is coming, might enjoy it more, despite the comments about the voice actors, but I'm going to duck out until I hear that this guy has somehow got his act together and made things more interesting. Just watching him get crushed every week isn't for me.
Apr 13, 2021 7:24 AM

May 2020
Well that was a boring and annoying start. I don't like Nagatoro's personality, she's pretty annoying same with the wimpy MC.
Apr 13, 2021 8:08 AM

Mar 2021
i haven't read the manga, but i loved the first episode! honestly nagatoro did nothing wrong, i'd bully senpai too. she's just trying to help him build character, i respect that
Apr 13, 2021 9:17 AM
Apr 2020
The worst start in this season ,The hero and the heroine are among the worst characters I have seen
Apr 13, 2021 10:11 AM

Jan 2015
Oh god I hate this lol
Annoying as fuck MC, he should get mad or say something ffs.

The girl pretty much carried the whole episode, but she quite overdid it. I’m not sure I can get through this for 12 episodes

Apr 13, 2021 11:16 AM

Aug 2015
LostSpectre said:
misaxtoe said:
I’ve wanted to read the manga for about a year now because it seemed interesting, but I was a bit too lazy. I just finished watching the first episode right now and I think I might finally pick up the manga because I actually find this pretty funny, and in my opinion some of the scenes were super cute. I also really love Naoto because he’s really adorable.

I’m not really sure why so many people even consider this bullying when it’s pretty obvious that Nagatoro is just playing around. I’m excited to see where this goes. (:
It's not the psychopathic bullying you might see in other anime, but you can't just repeatedly taunt and insult someone, all while making them increasingly uncomfortable, and then savoring their tears after you finally break them, and then it call it "playing". You do realize that her version of "playing" around is straight up sadistic, right? Granted, it's both fictional and not even a serious show, so none of this actually matters. Oh, and she loses like 50% of her edge by the next episode.

Honestly, it feels like you and many other people are just overreacting. She’s just teasing him, and it’s obvious that it’s to help him. When I was in middle school I used to tease boys (Only like three but you get the gist) like that as well because they were weak as hell. Yeah, they cried a lot, but the majority of them definitely did toughen up afterwards. Plus teasing a person is NOTHING compared to actually bullying them. And, as many other people have said, Naoto just seems like the type to cry over anything.
Apr 13, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
it's not the worst. but damnn it's so annoying and entertaining at the same time..

Nagataro.. it's ok I guess. I love all the expressions she made but the "teasing" thingy is kinda overdone for me. as for MC, I hate it.

will try a few more episode with this..

Apr 13, 2021 12:29 PM

Mar 2020
oh this some degenerate shit
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 13, 2021 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
I was wondering if this show could be interesting for me to watch at the beginning of the episode but by the end of it I get the feeling that this could be a heart warming series to watch.
Apr 13, 2021 1:35 PM
Jan 2021
I enjoyed the episode and it was exicitng but i dont like the MC this far. Maybe the backstorie can change my mind. Nagatoro is a uncommon female romance MC but I like her personality, voice and look
Apr 13, 2021 1:38 PM
Jan 2021
tanishq1204 said:
It got the pretty slice of life style animation, the colors looks good.
The voice fits Nagataro really good, I mean the laugh just fitted her personality perfectly.
First episode was pretty good, liked it. Wanna see how the mc will interact with Nagataro's friends too. And teasing was pretty much what expected but still don't get why Twitter was tryna cancel this show.
So yeah hope it'll be good, looking forward.

I dont know either. This show is not like the other romance anime but i like it
Apr 13, 2021 1:48 PM

Nov 2016
IsekaiFan9543596 said:
grumpy_wolf said:

"teasing" ?

she pushed him off a fucking bridge

Maybe in your fetish world this is called teasing but in reality this is bullying and the kind that can get one a lawsuit.
She didn't mean to lol, are you blind, she just meant to push him a little bit but she didn't realize how light he is and she even felt sorry after accidently pushing him off the bridge

I wonder why people even bother to bring up their headcanon. We all have seen the episode, so who are they trying to fool? lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 13, 2021 4:40 PM

Jan 2013
misaxtoe said:
LostSpectre said:
It's not the psychopathic bullying you might see in other anime, but you can't just repeatedly taunt and insult someone, all while making them increasingly uncomfortable, and then savoring their tears after you finally break them, and then it call it "playing". You do realize that her version of "playing" around is straight up sadistic, right? Granted, it's both fictional and not even a serious show, so none of this actually matters. Oh, and she loses like 50% of her edge by the next episode.

Honestly, it feels like you and many other people are just overreacting. She’s just teasing him, and it’s obvious that it’s to help him. When I was in middle school I used to tease boys (Only like three but you get the gist) like that as well because they were weak as hell. Yeah, they cried a lot, but the majority of them definitely did toughen up afterwards. Plus teasing a person is NOTHING compared to actually bullying them. And, as many other people have said, Naoto just seems like the type to cry over anything.
No, the Reddit thread makes mention of bullying numerous times, it's just that people don't feel the need to cry about it, and defend her behavior, as if there was actually some sort of necessity to do so, when that couldn't be further from the truth. She comes on way too strong, and if she acted like that the whole series she would be a borderline psychopath, but none of those things happen, you won't even recognize her character by the midway point. No one with even half of a functioning brain thinks repeatedly insulting someone for being a pathetic creepy virgin, all while continuing to invade their personal space after they are visibly uncomfortable, qualifies as good-natured "teasing".
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 13, 2021 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
Mokocchi_x3 said:
i haven't read the manga, but i loved the first episode! honestly nagatoro did nothing wrong, i'd bully senpai too. she's just trying to help him build character, i respect that
This is just a lame excuse people keep using, she isn't trying to help him do anything, she just sees a fidgeting nervous wreck of a guy, and can't resist bullying him to tears, because she is practically getting off to it. It doesn't matter anyway, she mellows out quite a bit by the next episode.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 14, 2021 2:33 AM
Oct 2020
It was a pretty interesting Episode and I have some theories about the story.

Nagatoro started to interact with the MC after reading his doujin manga.
Authors tend to create main characters, which are based on their own personalitys.
"Siegfried" seems to be a projection of the MC and at the same time a desire for more courage and strength.
Nagatoro even adressed this topic by herself and i think she wants to help him in a strange way.
She even ask him with a serious demeanor "Don't you ever get angry Senpai? I've been pretty horrible to you".
Maybe she wants him to stand up for himself and to fight back.
The MC handled previous conflicts by just enduring them and closing his eyes.
After all the teasing of Nagatoro, he's able to say his honest opinion about her and release parts of his own feelings. This is a small development of his previous behaviour.
The MC is a loner and seems to suffering from social anxiety and a low self-esteem. He always tried to avoid social interactions, but desire them at the same time. You can only overcome a social anxiety by facing uncomfortable situations in your daily life.
So Nagatoro seems to be perfect counterpart for his character, due to her teasing behaviour.

It's an interesting premise and iam looking forward to the next Episodes.
Maybe i think too much about it, but that's my interpretation.
TypeMercury94Apr 14, 2021 9:39 AM
Apr 14, 2021 4:29 AM
Jun 2017
came for comedy anime school i got bully lmao
Apr 14, 2021 5:06 AM

Jan 2021
Mokocchi_x3 said:

Don't you think there are better ways to build his character than traumatizing him?
Sore wa chigau yo! - Junko Enoshima, probably
Apr 14, 2021 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
Oh how I hated this. I don't even know where to start. This bullying is not funny or cute at all, it's straight out cruel and terrible behavior, and I believe animes like this will encourage some girl that it's okay to terrorize weaker guys and they will call it "feminism". Like some people here said earlier, if the genders were swapped everyone would lose their shit, which makes it even more clear that what is going on in this show is not okay. It doesn't make it okay that a woman is doing it.

Plus, her facial expressions are batshit insane and degenerate, is it supposed to look cool or sexy or what?? Like when her eyeballs have different sizes and she twitches and stuff, that just reminds me of a fly that got hit but isn't completely dead yet.

CANCEL
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Apr 14, 2021 7:54 AM
Apr 2014
lol the production quality is surprisingly top notch
Apr 14, 2021 10:20 AM
Apr 2019
YES IT'S HERE LET'S GOOOOOO!!!

They made the...uhh I'll call them "situations"...so INTENSE it looks so good!!!!!!!
Apr 14, 2021 12:05 PM

May 2014
The animation and art is great, but I can't stand these characters so far. I just want to reach through the screen and punch this girl so bad. This "senpai" needs an ass kicking along with a father figure as well, like where is his spine. Worst part is that this is somehow supposed to be appealing, so these characters will probably never get their comeuppance.
Apr 14, 2021 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
Solatic said:
The animation and art is great, but I can't stand these characters so far. I just want to reach through the screen and punch this girl so bad. This "senpai" needs an ass kicking along with a father figure as well, like where is his spine. Worst part is that this is somehow supposed to be appealing, so these characters will probably never get their comeuppance.
It's a romcom with some fanservice, just ignore that the author forgot he wasn't making a revenge doujin for the first couple chapters.
Apr 14, 2021 2:10 PM

May 2014
LostSpectre said:
It's a romcom with some fanservice, just ignore that the author forgot he wasn't making a revenge doujin for the first couple chapters.

Yea I plan on giving it a few episodes at the very least, it's well made enough to hook me. I don't like this dynamic though, so if it's toned down I think I'll be able to enjoy it, but I'll probably never like the characters much.
Apr 14, 2021 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
Solatic said:
LostSpectre said:

Yea I plan on giving it a few episodes at the very least, it's well made enough to hook me. I don't like this dynamic though, so if it's toned down I think I'll be able to enjoy it, but I'll probably never like the characters much.
I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that I'm up to date in the manga, and I treat the first 3 chapters like they don't exist or they're supposed to be purely dark comedy with how absurdly over the top it is, between her sadism and his spinelessness. It's not a stretch to say that the beginning of the story is thematically garbage, and only serves to confuse the viewer, whether you enjoyed it or hated it.
Apr 14, 2021 5:17 PM
Jan 2011
This was good but the mc needs to man up,Stop crying and put that mofo in her place stop being a wimp hopefully that changes later episodes.
Apr 15, 2021 9:52 AM

Aug 2019
the first episode gave me mixed feelings. none are that positive. a mix of i lowkey feel bad, cringe, and uhhhh
5/10
Apr 15, 2021 11:35 AM
Aug 2017
This anime is not my cup of tea, so probably not continue to watch.

However, character designs are amazing. Nagatoro is a huge refresh in character design.
Apr 15, 2021 11:38 AM

Aug 2019
YueNaDe said:
This anime is not my cup of tea, so probably not continue to watch.

However, character designs are amazing. Nagatoro is a huge refresh in character design.

Yeah I also really like her design it's pretty simple but she's such a memorable looking character that I could spot her in a lineup of "school anime girls" without any problem.
Apr 15, 2021 11:47 AM

Aug 2019
I really enjoyed the first episode some of the scenes were just shot for shot remakes of the manga which I appreciate because the manga had good artwork. Another plus is also the facial expressions of the characters which are really good too, they're expressive and I know just what they're thinking by looking at them.
Apr 15, 2021 11:48 AM

Dec 2009
I can't come to like these shows. Similar to Karaki Jouzu no Takagi-san, as I see it is just wrong on so many levels. Supposed to be entertaining I guess, but it is just about bullying someone for your entertainment or sadism or twisted sense of love. Why though? If it were in real life, the bullied person would already gone crazy or committed suicide. Totally scarring someone for life. Maybe the guy here is somewhat a masochist so perhaps he turns to like this treatment, but normally people wouldn't. Yes, it is just fiction, but still wtf, what is wrong with people.
Apr 15, 2021 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
Honestly, if people dislike this just drop/give your low score and leave. Jesus... Nobody cares about your childhood ptsd. Just like most shows, this one was made to entertain. If you're not entertained, nobody's forcing you to watch.
Apr 15, 2021 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
snowman_builder said:
I can't come to like these shows. Similar to Karaki Jouzu no Takagi-san, as I see it is just wrong on so many levels. Supposed to be entertaining I guess, but it is just about bullying someone for your entertainment or sadism or twisted sense of love. Why though? If it were in real life, the bullied person would already gone crazy or committed suicide. Totally scarring someone for life. Maybe the guy here is somewhat a masochist so perhaps he turns to like this treatment, but normally people wouldn't. Yes, it is just fiction, but still wtf, what is wrong with people.
Did you just compare innocent schoolyard teasing in Takagi-san to bullying that would make someone want to die? Get a fucking grip on reality.
Apr 15, 2021 2:37 PM
Dec 2017
My first reaction was that the voice for the Senpai really fit with what I would expect, but my second reaction was that Nagatoro's voice, in my opinion, didn't. The way she speaks reminds me of Uzaki-chan in that it's more annoying than mallicious and there's not really a lot of depth to the way she speaks. She has one voice and one tone and it doesn't change no matter what she says. It's fine, i guess, for the first episode, but I really hope they give her more range further on in the series, especially for the "protective nagatoro" moments that are yet to come. I can't imagine those moments playing well with the high pitched "uzai" voice that shes using now.

That being said, these are choices being made by the director, and while I personally would have gone in a different direction, I'm sure the director has his own vision and I look forward to seeing where it leads.
Apr 15, 2021 7:42 PM
Jul 2019
juniorrrbello said:
that was funny, and you can tell that nagatoro's 'bullying' isn't actual bullying like he experienced

tbh I think he needs something like this, this guy is way too introverted, hopefully nagatoro makes him more confident as the show goes on

Exactly, I feel like a lot of people had a knee-jerk reaction to this episode with the teasing by Nagatoro and got offended without really thinking about it much. I am looking forward to seeing how their dynamic evolves over time. This episode ended with a lot of potential for character growth.
Apr 16, 2021 1:49 AM

Jan 2011
phantom360 said:
This was good but the mc needs to man up,Stop crying and put that mofo in her place stop being a wimp hopefully that changes later episodes.

Haha, I dont think this will ever happen. The show's appeal is to certain fetishes and that will remain so. The rest of us can rate this crap low and laugh :D
Apr 16, 2021 4:50 AM

May 2008
Pacing feels slow. It feels like it might get obnoxious. I'll stick with it though, let's see how it fares.

Plus another thing, and yes, I'm aware that this is a charm point of the original series and it would hardly be the same without it. But holy crap, that guy has no business being that tall considering his complete lack of a spine.
[Insert Zeeky Boogy Doog here]
Apr 16, 2021 5:36 AM
Jan 2017
The animation is fine to above average. The story feels like it's going to be VERY similar to Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! That being said, this show made me feel uncomfortable in a way I have never felt towards an anime before. Sure other anime have had scenes that made me uncomfortable, but usually if someone goes too far with a joke they apologize or at least admit to us that they feel bad. But my problem lies with the fact that in this show that doesn't happen. Nagatoro just straight bullies this man for 20 minutes with no remorse, you can even tell she knows it's bullying but she does it anyway. Oh she went too far? No time to feel bad, gotta do it again. I can see the potential for how she is probably trying to help him, but this is just not the way. It felt like it took what Uzaki-chan did and just made it waaaay more mean. Uzaki was ALWAYS teasing her senpai, but she was open about actively trying to help him, she felt bad when she went too far and often apologized for it. As someone who was never really bullied in school, this show has made me understand in a much more real way what that's like. Most every other media source just shows it once, and acknowledges it's bad behavior and moves on, occasionally inserting some more bad behavior to remind you that it's there before it bubbles over and the character being bullied cracks, usually in some sort of climax for the show/movie. This was scene after scene of dedicated screen time to watching someone get bullied along with some inner monologue about how that character was feeling, or at times how he was essentially too scared to even think. It's easy to see the potential for PTSD triggering on a not small share of the viewer base.

Tl;dr This show made me uncomfortable from the literal 20 straight minutes of bullying with no signs of remorse. Animation is okay, but doesn't make up for it. Hopefully the show becomes more transparent about the apparent "helpful" aspect of the bullying soon otherwise the show will just be continuous minutes of uncomfortableness.
Apr 16, 2021 9:24 AM

Nov 2008
It's a bit mean-spirited....I don't know if I'm sold yet.

But I can relate to the MC; if someone found my unfinished manga sketches, I'd freaking die. OTL

(They tend to be sappy af so it'd be embarrassing. xD)

Apr 16, 2021 10:53 AM

Apr 2015
Major drawback to these kinds of shows is that the authors can't write realistic small talk as they are usually losers themselves.

So in these shows we have exaggerated caricatures of socially awkward losers and exaggerated caricatures of idiots that are pretend cool.

I know it will probably get better later on in the show but I really can't stand it.

Unrelated but this is one of Sumipe's best roles in a while.
Apr 16, 2021 12:36 PM

Aug 2020
This anime is just what I expected after reading the manga. Nagatoro's VA captured her personality really well!

Why did she have to say 'sus' though? Smh smh

10/10 for the ED (or OP?); it sounds so good!
Apr 16, 2021 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Chiibi said:
It's a bit mean-spirited....I don't know if I'm sold yet.

But I can relate to the MC; if someone found my unfinished manga sketches, I'd freaking die. OTL

(They tend to be sappy af so it'd be embarrassing. xD)
Without spoiling anything, no one should take the first episode seriously, thematically speaking, even as a comedy it is greatly exaggerated for shock value or "please step on me" vibes, it doesn't deserve to be viewed in any kind of serious capacity, and it gives a misleading impression of the show as a whole.
Apr 17, 2021 3:03 AM

May 2012
They adapted her dommy mommy persona from the manga pretty good.
Apr 17, 2021 7:48 AM

Apr 2017
God, I wish that were me.
cunnysseur
Apr 17, 2021 9:46 AM
Jun 2017
Ryoketsu said:
Was this supposed to be funny? I think that my ability to interpret cannot keep up with the genius of this work, I only managed to understand it as far as the protagonist is a coward and the girl is an asshole.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I don't hate it or anything, and I'm not bothered by the subject matter, but it's classified as a comedy, and when I watched it there didn't really seem to be... jokes? Just felt like it was played pretty straight. I'm not sure if it becomes a comedy over time, or if this is just what the funny stuff is supposed to be, but it was a bit dull.
Apr 17, 2021 1:40 PM

May 2018
Geez, man how could you let a couple of kphai's push you around?
Apr 17, 2021 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
The girl is really cute, but it feels kinda like Uzaki-chan 2.0. I'll keep watching it though.
Apr 17, 2021 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
100% the expected animation style/visuals!

100% not the voice I ever expected Nagatoro to have.
Apr 18, 2021 6:36 AM

Apr 2020
It was kinda boring and honestly I don't find unasked for bullying really funny or entertaining.

Except if you're into "BDSM" stuff where a woman treat you like shit, I'm not sure what's the appeal of the show yet..

Most of the time she just insult him for no reason, and then it cuts to the next scene...

Edit: Judging by the comments above, I see I'm not the only one that is confused, and I also see I was right "I wish it was me".

This show is basically for people into the slave-master thing.
The insults are just mean and have little to no comedic effect, it could actually just be considered bullying/abuse.
EstebanODApr 18, 2021 6:41 AM
I don't know how signatures work

Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

143 by curvedtree »»
May 3, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

271 by Danniikun »»
Mar 29, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

142 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

134 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 29, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.