Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2021 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked the nagatoro with its way of acting, it was a good start.
Apr 11, 2021 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
This is like if Takagi-san and Uzaki-chan were both far meaner and sadistic.

I can actually (somewhat) stand Nagatoro, but the senpai is such a wimp.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 11, 2021 1:40 PM

Apr 2018
Damn I didnt expect all this teasing on the first episode. Damn Nagatoro kind of hurts my head cause she is such a little shit head LOL . This kinda reminds me of Uzaki if she was sadistic.
Apr 11, 2021 1:44 PM

Jun 2016
This was a lot more wholesome than I anticipated. Nagatoro's smug face is kinda cringy though.
Apr 11, 2021 1:46 PM
Mar 2021
Great show. VERY good start. That library scene though... LOL. So far, so good. Looking forward to the 2nd episode
Apr 11, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
Shiyuru99 said:
I absolutely despise every character with just one episode.

Yea, that has to be a new record for me as well :D

Just imagine the shitstorm that would have been, if it was a boy harrasing a girl instead.
Apr 11, 2021 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
Holly shi*, I was expecting to see it downvote to hell, what happened ? are bot acc offline today ???
Anyway, the start was ok, but they could do some tweaking to it in anime, because in manga start was the weakest part of it, but oh well, as soon as noodletoro show up it will be better.
Apr 11, 2021 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
Xaphion said:
She wasn't as bad as I was led to believe she would be to start with (unless worse parts are yet to come). Yes she is a bit insensitive and selfish to have fun at his expense but she seems to know where to draw the line and always apologizes.

I didn't find much, if any, of the episode to be funny but I don't hate either of the characters. To me it just looks like it could make for interesting character dynamic.
If the line is after he is reduced to tears, and she still takes sadistic pleasure in that, then, sure? No, she learns what the line is after this episode.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 11, 2021 4:19 PM

Jan 2021
Idk if there'll be some character development along the way but this ep was too difficult to watch ...literally felt like she was bullying me too
Apr 11, 2021 5:39 PM

Jul 2015
Are there really people who make the connection between pedophilia and ... this anime? While there is no connection? Damn, and to say that these same people don't do anything about real-life pedophilia that destroys children and families, they'd rather spit their hate behind an anime. It is really pathetic.
Apr 11, 2021 5:43 PM
Jan 2021
I'm not a masochist and i love this ep i have high hopes for this anime cant wait to see more. Nagatoro is so cute 😍
Apr 11, 2021 6:02 PM
Feb 2015
I used to be a admin for a Nekopara discord server, and I had to deal with toxic people that called us Nekopara fans pedophiles, and three of the people that joines our server was spamming pedophiles all across our message channel. It got so bad that the owner of that Nekopara discord server had to delete the server; however, he's gonna make a new one when things calms down.

So I'll say this right now to the people from Twitter that wants to start some drama shits over the Nagatoro-san anime; don't watch it you're gonna start some drama shits, and leave other people alone that wants to enjoy the Nagatoro-san anime.
Apr 11, 2021 6:05 PM
Jan 2018
it's funny to see how people who don't like it try to make it look like those who like it are wrong in some way.
this site is always a circus in every forum LMAO
Apr 11, 2021 7:19 PM

Jun 2019
These site's threads are really funny, as worse as Twitter and r/anime. Luckily Japan doesn't really give a care about western opinions.
Apr 11, 2021 7:19 PM
Sep 2018
They messed up the subs in three scenes but all in all, it was good.
Apr 11, 2021 9:34 PM
Aug 2018
It reminds a bit of uzaki-chan, albeit without those huge boobs.
I liked her and I will continue watching, the girl is irritating but fun.
Apr 11, 2021 10:14 PM
Mar 2021
I really hated this show. The ML girl is just plain annoying and only into bullying. There is nothing funny about the show. Only psychos will enjoy seeing a pure innocent boy getting bullied like that. On the other hand, a show like Takagi San, has a girl doing the same but she doesn't cross the line into outright bullying and harrasing. It's comedy gold compared to trash anime like Nagatoro San.
Apr 11, 2021 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
The tsundere/bully trope aside; I'm so tired of the typical MC is a complete pussy stic. Just done to death and boring at this point. Might give it a couple more episodes to see if it gets more palatable but ehhh.
Apr 11, 2021 11:25 PM

Sep 2009
LostSpectre said:
Xaphion said:
She wasn't as bad as I was led to believe she would be to start with (unless worse parts are yet to come). Yes she is a bit insensitive and selfish to have fun at his expense but she seems to know where to draw the line and always apologizes.

I didn't find much, if any, of the episode to be funny but I don't hate either of the characters. To me it just looks like it could make for interesting character dynamic.
If the line is after he is reduced to tears, and she still takes sadistic pleasure in that, then, sure? No, she learns what the line is after this episode.

Well of course she just met him so she doesn't know his limits and she goes all the way without hesitation but at least she stops at the point where it's obvious he can't take any more.
Apr 11, 2021 11:50 PM

Jul 2010
That Kabedon tho, that was some good shit
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Apr 12, 2021 2:00 AM

Dec 2020
i can see the appeal of it but not rly my thing so im just gonna drop it here lol. and to anyone who dislikes this show without even watching an episode id say check it out before you say shit abt it. even if you end up still disliking the show, or end up disliking it even more at least you have a concrete reason to. but who knows you might like it as well
Apr 12, 2021 2:19 AM
Nov 2020
Stark700 said:
Oh man, Nagatoro is hilarious and goes all out on the teasing.

"teasing" ?

she pushed him off a fucking bridge

Maybe in your fetish world this is called teasing but in reality this is bullying and the kind that can get one a lawsuit.
Apr 12, 2021 2:51 AM
Dec 2020
Nagatoro is beautiful
Apr 12, 2021 3:07 AM
Dec 2019
This was a very well produced first episode, the production values of this show are decently high, Nagatoro was mean to the guy but hopefully they get better as she did seem like she knew that she was acting mean, the guy though needs to grow up fast as he is a pushover at the moment.
Apr 12, 2021 3:45 AM
Sep 2020
Haha mc guy very simlar to me in my teens...As a kid i also could'nt look people in the eye..People said I should look them in the eye...I could not talk to a girl..I blushed easily...But i never got bullied...Things got better with time so here i am enjoying this anime
Apr 12, 2021 4:14 AM
Jan 2021
perfect ...........
Apr 12, 2021 4:14 AM
Jan 2021
perfect
hxhfhvufkwkdgc dhfhdhee
Apr 12, 2021 5:16 AM
Dec 2018
Do people find this crap funny? Make one character as weak as possible and make the other a bully. Just kill him already.

I wonder if people would laugh as much if the guy was acting this way and the one crying was the girl. This isn't Uzaki or Takagi San, where the characters love their target, this is just abuse. Each to their own, I suppose. But the MC was getting on my nerves after 5 minutes.
Apr 12, 2021 5:20 AM
Dec 2018
grumpy_wolf said:
Stark700 said:

"teasing" ?

Maybe in your fetish world this is called teasing but in reality this is bullying and the kind that can get one a lawsuit.

Yes, some people sound quite pathetic, the way that they play it down. She's a total bitch and MC is worse than trash for letting her do that to him. People actually find it amusing, its sick.
Apr 12, 2021 5:23 AM
Dec 2018
Xaphion said:
LostSpectre said:

Well of course she just met him so she doesn't know his limits and she goes all the way without hesitation but at least she stops at the point where it's obvious he can't take any more.

What next? If he starts drowning when she pushed him in the river she will call for help so its all OK? Oh, at least.....
Apr 12, 2021 6:51 AM

Nov 2012
As a manga reader, voices are bad, damn, they really got to mess this up, Nagatoro as senpai dont have a suitable voice, its so sad to hear, specially when the animation its pretty good

My Candies:

Apr 12, 2021 9:02 AM

Aug 2018
This show is pretty cute imo ^^ Nagatoro best girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2021 10:46 AM

Nov 2016
Gab5 said:
Do people find this crap funny? Make one character as weak as possible and make the other a bully. Just kill him already.

I wonder if people would laugh as much if the guy was acting this way and the one crying was the girl. This isn't Uzaki or Takagi San, where the characters love their target, this is just abuse. Each to their own, I suppose. But the MC was getting on my nerves after 5 minutes.

As long as it isn't portrayed in a mean-spirited way then I would also laugh as much or even more if the genders were reversed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2021 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
knktzvra said:
As a manga reader, voices are bad, damn, they really got to mess this up, Nagatoro as senpai dont have a suitable voice, its so sad to hear, specially when the animation its pretty good

Totally agree, I'm also disappointed about the voices, it's very frustrating ... It looks unnatural.
Apr 12, 2021 11:11 AM

Nov 2012
grumpy_wolf said:
Stark700 said:

"teasing" ?

Just to be a little fair, that was NOT what happened in the manga, also, senpai's reaction to Nagatoro's underwear (bra) is, again, NOT the manga source, I dont know why they did those changes, its a little disappointing
knktzvraApr 12, 2021 11:16 AM

My Candies:

Apr 12, 2021 11:27 AM
Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
Gab5 said:

As long as it isn't portrayed in a mean-spirited way then I would also laugh as much or even more if the genders were reversed.

Fair enough, you would and others might as well. But I reckon a few people would be up in arms if a guy were tormenting a woman in the same way. I think it is fine to have a submissive and dominant character in these stories and watch them develop. But the difference between these people is just too big for it be believable or funny. She is pretty much terrorising him at the moment and, even if they turn it around in future episodes, he's so weak it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if he couldn't handle it. His character, in particular, needs to start from a slightly stronger place. The reason I prefer Uzaki and Takagi San is because the submissive one isn't completely pathetic and the dominant ones are not quite so mean.

Do Japanese women go around tormenting weak guys in this way and then getting them to cry by accusing them of looking at their underwear? I know it is meant to be comedy and so is allowed to be a bit extreme but this trope plays out quite a lot, man is meant to see pants and then is humiliated, slapped or abused in some other way. Is it really that funny to people? Then, the next episode, they have a beach or hot springs episode and no one cares if the women are in their bikinis!!
Apr 12, 2021 12:15 PM

Nov 2015
Didn't find this funny at all. More frustrating than anything, but the ending gave me hope for a better future.

Hoping this doesn't turn into another Uzaki-chan. That bitch was a real bitch.
Apr 12, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
Gab5 said:
FMmatron said:

Fair enough, you would and others might as well. But I reckon a few people would be up in arms if a guy were tormenting a woman in the same way. I think it is fine to have a submissive and dominant character in these stories and watch them develop. But the difference between these people is just too big for it be believable or funny. She is pretty much terrorising him at the moment and, even if they turn it around in future episodes, he's so weak it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if he couldn't handle it. His character, in particular, needs to start from a slightly stronger place. The reason I prefer Uzaki and Takagi San is because the submissive one isn't completely pathetic and the dominant ones are not quite so mean.

Do Japanese women go around tormenting weak guys in this way and then getting them to cry by accusing them of looking at their underwear? I know it is meant to be comedy and so is allowed to be a bit extreme but this trope plays out quite a lot, man is meant to see pants and then is humiliated, slapped or abused in some other way. Is it really that funny to people? Then, the next episode, they have a beach or hot springs episode and no one cares if the women are in their bikinis!!

Yeah, people would go apeshit for sure, but that's on them. I believe fiction shouldn't pull any punches.

And I mean this so exaggerated in many ways and far off from irl bullying that it's hard to take seriously in the first place. Same goes for many other tropes in other anime.

I gotta accept your views and somewhat see where you're coming from, but I don't share them at all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2021 1:30 PM
Apr 2021
grumpy_wolf said:
Stark700 said:

"teasing" ?

She didn't mean to lol, are you blind, she just meant to push him a little bit but she didn't realize how light he is and she even felt sorry after accidently pushing him off the bridge
Apr 12, 2021 1:37 PM
Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
Gab5 said:

Yeah, people would go apeshit for sure, but that's on them. I believe fiction shouldn't pull any punches.

And I mean this so exaggerated in many ways and far off from irl bullying that it's hard to take seriously in the first place. Same goes for many other tropes in other anime.

I gotta accept your views and somewhat see where you're coming from, but I don't share them at all.

No, that's cool. I understand that it is meant to be exaggerated. But his extreme discomfort, to the point of crying, is meant to be reasonably realistic.

I find the number of 'weak man getting teased' tropes interesting as well. I suppose we had a spate of 'weak woman' shows for a while and now roles are getting reversed. But, I too, see where you are coming from. I don't think fiction should pull any punches either, I suppose shows where one person totally dominates another just aren't my thing. Just a matter of taste. I enjoyed both Uzaki and Takagi San, so I suppose it is just the degree of domination that is off putting for me, as well as how lame the MC is.
Apr 12, 2021 1:57 PM

Nov 2016
Gab5 said:
FMmatron said:

No, that's cool. I understand that it is meant to be exaggerated. But his extreme discomfort, to the point of crying, is meant to be reasonably realistic.

I find the number of 'weak man getting teased' tropes interesting as well. I suppose we had a spate of 'weak woman' shows for a while and now roles are getting reversed. But, I too, see where you are coming from. I don't think fiction should pull any punches either, I suppose shows where one person totally dominates another just aren't my thing. Just a matter of taste. I enjoyed both Uzaki and Takagi San, so I suppose it is just the degree of domination that is off putting for me, as well as how lame the MC is.

I see, that's something I can agree on, but only if you just look at the victim. There's also the soundtrack and Nagatoro's facial expression which make up for an edgy contrast lol

Hmmm there's this manga

https://myanimelist.net/manga/123125/Ijimeru_Yabai_Yatsu

I don't want to spoil anything, but you might be interested in checking it out

Apr 12, 2021 2:09 PM

Sep 2020

I read a few chapters of the manga and it's nice.
Don't get how bullying/teasing can become love, but this is funny.
Heavier than Uzaki-chan.
niko_sbApr 12, 2021 2:16 PM
Apr 12, 2021 3:28 PM

Jun 2020
When the senpai is sus

I remember the fallen, do they think of me?
When their bones in the ocean forever will be
I remember the living do they think of me?
When my bones in the ocean forever will be
Apr 12, 2021 5:15 PM

Aug 2015
I’ve wanted to read the manga for about a year now because it seemed interesting, but I was a bit too lazy. I just finished watching the first episode right now and I think I might finally pick up the manga because I actually find this pretty funny, and in my opinion some of the scenes were super cute. I also really love Naoto because he’s really adorable.

I’m not really sure why so many people even consider this bullying when it’s pretty obvious that Nagatoro is just playing around. I’m excited to see where this goes. (:
Apr 12, 2021 5:31 PM

Nov 2017
We should put DEMON and HORROR on the genre tag
Now Loading.....
Apr 12, 2021 5:39 PM

Nov 2017
misaxtoe said:
I’ve wanted to read the manga for about a year now because it seemed interesting, but I was a bit too lazy. I just finished watching the first episode right now and I think I might finally pick up the manga because I actually find this pretty funny, and in my opinion some of the scenes were super cute. I also really love Naoto because he’s really adorable.

I’m not really sure why so many people even consider this bullying when it’s pretty obvious that Nagatoro is just playing around. I’m excited to see where this goes. (:
Read the damn manga,its pretty good,and there is a good reason as to why it "seems" as though she's bullying him,though it's not bullying,its more teasing(and she is a bit of a "gal",so that type of behaviour is usually a part of that stereotype),but seriously,the manga is really good,well worth reading.
So far I'm a bit unsure about the anime,mainly because for me,Nagatoro's voice doesn't seem to match her(or what I imagined she might sound like),but Meh,the animation is fairly good,the OP/ED theme seem to be decent,and since I've read the Manga up to Vol 6,I'll keep watching.Her voice might grow on me as it goes on.
Apr 12, 2021 7:04 PM

Dec 2019
pretty great for a first episode
7/10
Apr 12, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
Gab5 said:

I see, that's something I can agree on, but only if you just look at the victim. There's also the soundtrack and Nagatoro's facial expression which make up for an edgy contrast lol

Hmmm there's this manga

https://myanimelist.net/manga/123125/Ijimeru_Yabai_Yatsu

I don't want to spoil anything, but you might be interested in checking it out

cheers, I will check it out!! And, definitely, the portrayal of the victim makes a big difference. It is clear that she will redeem herself at some point, they always do.

The manga on that link looks really interesting and I will definitely start reading it.
Apr 12, 2021 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
misaxtoe said:

It's not the psychopathic bullying you might see in other anime, but you can't just repeatedly taunt and insult someone, all while making them increasingly uncomfortable, and then savoring their tears after you finally break them, and then it call it "playing". You do realize that her version of "playing" around is straight up sadistic, right? Granted, it's both fictional and not even a serious show, so none of this actually matters. Oh, and she loses like 50% of her edge by the next episode.
LostSpectreApr 12, 2021 7:59 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 12, 2021 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
Starhammer said:
Read the damn manga,its pretty good,and there is a good reason as to why it "seems" as though she's bullying him,though it's not bullying,its more teasing(and she is a bit of a "gal",so that type of behaviour is usually a part of that stereotype),but seriously,the manga is really good,well worth reading.
So far I'm a bit unsure about the anime,mainly because for me,Nagatoro's voice doesn't seem to match her(or what I imagined she might sound like),but Meh,the animation is fairly good,the OP/ED theme seem to be decent,and since I've read the Manga up to Vol 6,I'll keep watching.Her voice might grow on me as it goes on.
The reason it "seems" like she's bullying him is because she flat out ends him, dude never even saw her coming, and her technique was flawless, she lured him in until just the right moment, and then she attacked, bitch couldn't even contain her sadistic excitement after he flinched, just like she knew he would. But hey, if you think it's just teasing because she's actually a lowkey sadist, then more power to you, I guess.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

143 by curvedtree »»
May 3, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

271 by Danniikun »»
Mar 29, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 22, 2021

142 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 1, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 15, 2021

134 by AkiFosu »»
Feb 29, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.