Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
On scale of 1 to 10.
1 being able to boil water
10 being a chef who owns a Michelin star restaurant

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^โ–ฝ^)ψ__
Mar 30, 2021 8:30 AM

Oct 2010
4/10
my food is edible and decent but nothing fancy
Mar 30, 2021 8:32 AM

Aug 2020
0, I suck at cooking a lot, my foods always taste like nothing

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Mar 30, 2021 8:36 AM

Mar 2021
4 to 6 (actually maybe 3 now that I look at the poll again more carefully). In my college days I had a part time job washing dishes, making sandwiches and cooking full English breakfasts for a staff canteen at a supermarket. I used to sometimes make a breakfast for whichever girl I was dating. I don’t do that anymore and my girl complained about it. I had to make it for her on her birthday last year. She insisted. I was rusty though but I can still make better eggs, sausages and bacon than she can. She makes every other dish well except for that. I mean it’s alright but mine looks and tastes better. Not trying to brag it’s not even something I enjoy and I’m not proud of it but we just have different cooking styles when it comes to this one. I do as I was instructed and she does her own thing.

hellicey said:

Thought you said you was Caribbean? What happened that you ended up not learning to look? My girl said her mother didn’t teach her so she just watched her cook. Her mother is Jamaican.

I’m eating some chicken and rice at work right now hat she cooked up the other day. She knows her seasoning.
GenshinRosariaMar 30, 2021 1:43 PM
Mar 30, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Between 6-7.5, I guess.

I usually cook only easy and quick recipes and nothing fancy, because I'm lazy and cheap lol. It also depends how often I already made it.

But I guess I have a good intention what goes well together and what you can do with simple ingredients.

I often get complimented on my dishes too.
removed-userMar 30, 2021 8:42 AM
Mar 30, 2021 8:47 AM

Aug 2020
SisterSemilla said:
4 to 6. In my college days I had a part time job washing dishes, making sandwiches and cooking full English breakfasts for a staff canteen at a supermarket. I used to sometimes make a breakfast for whichever girl I was dating. I don’t do that anymore and my girl complained about it. I had to make it for her on her birthday last year. She insisted. I was rusty though but I can still make better eggs, sausages and bacon than she can. She makes every other dish well except for that. I mean it’s alright but mine looks and tastes better. Not trying to brag it’s not even something I enjoy and I’m not proud of it but we just have different cooking styles when it comes to this one. I do as I was instructed and she does her own thing.

hellicey said:

Thought you said you was Caribbean? What happened that you ended up not learning to look? My girl said her mother didn’t teach her so she just watched her cook. Her mother is Jamaican.

I’m eating some chicken and rice at work right now hat she cooked up the other day. She knows her seasoning.

ehh, I was never really interested in cooking so like here i am

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Mar 30, 2021 8:59 AM

Jun 2020
3/10 no one has ever taught me how to cook
just a weeb wandering around.

Mar 30, 2021 9:03 AM

Apr 2020
Solid 6, I know how to make banging pasta and salad dishes. Some tasty breakfast/lunch meals. I believe anyone can be as good as a professional chef with the access we have to the internet, it's more about time and money, and whether you enjoy it ofc.
Mar 30, 2021 9:07 AM

Jan 2017
On a scale from 1 to 10, I think I'm at 5 right now. I recently started taking interest in cooking, especially in desserts. My best dish consists of homemade spheric donuts, with different types of glaze. I'm more interested in dessert recipes, but I can also make a few non-sweet dishes.
Mar 30, 2021 9:08 AM

Mar 2021
6-8. I try to make a pizza, failure at first because the dough wasn't finished enough, at second time its taste very well. but I rarely cook something heavy like that due I don't have much money to buy ingredients and my lazyness. and remember once a wise chef said "Anyone can cook"
k, imma gonna disappear
Mar 30, 2021 9:09 AM

Nov 2017
8. I don't have much trouble making stuff, people happily eat the food I make and I got a signature dish.

There's always new recipes to try and I'm still learning though~
Mar 30, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
hellicey said:
SisterSemilla said:
4 to 6. In my college days I had a part time job washing dishes, making sandwiches and cooking full English breakfasts for a staff canteen at a supermarket. I used to sometimes make a breakfast for whichever girl I was dating. I don’t do that anymore and my girl complained about it. I had to make it for her on her birthday last year. She insisted. I was rusty though but I can still make better eggs, sausages and bacon than she can. She makes every other dish well except for that. I mean it’s alright but mine looks and tastes better. Not trying to brag it’s not even something I enjoy and I’m not proud of it but we just have different cooking styles when it comes to this one. I do as I was instructed and she does her own thing.

ehh, I was never really interested in cooking so like here i am

0 is a bit over the top though? 0 or 1 would be a "you get food poising"-bad in my eyes haha
Mar 30, 2021 9:57 AM

Aug 2018
i can cook fried rice at least, so i guess a 4.
Mar 30, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2009
4 gets my vote since i can cook few dishes, just following the recipe lol
Mar 30, 2021 10:19 AM

Oct 2020
5 for me. I could cook a few dishes. It has a decent taste.

Mar 30, 2021 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
I used to be a zero, but I learned how to boil water when I was around 26 or 27, and since then, I've become at least a 4, although I continue to strive to become a 7 or 8. If my parents hadn't coddled me, I probably would've had these skills years ago. Fuck modern parenting.

Mar 30, 2021 10:56 AM

Aug 2007
It's at 5 right now. I can follow basic recipes. Before, I used to be by the book, literally following what the recipe dictates. But starting pandemic, I learned to make adjustments, and can make some dishes out of ingredients available.
ใ‚‚ใ‚ใจใ‚‚ใซ
ๅ“€ใ‚Œใจๆ€ใธ
ๅฑฑๆกœ

่Šฑใ‚ˆใ‚Šๅค–ใซ
็Ÿฅใ‚‹ไบบใ‚‚ใชใ—.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Mar 30, 2021 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
Interesting that "6" is for 2 options in the poll. I've chosen the former, since I can help out and cook some simpler dishes myself, except that as long as I don't have to, I do not bother much with it

Mar 30, 2021 11:11 AM

Dec 2017
7 close to 8, I love cooking. I don't do anything extremely fancy but I trully enjoy cooking in general.

Also the country I'm from helps with how diverse our cuisine is (Portugal). Usually there's a lot of simple dishes but extremely tasty.
One day I wanna learn how to do sushi though.
“There is something in this world which no one has ever seen.
It is soft and sweet.
If it is spotted, I'm sure everyone will want to have it,
Which is why no one has ever seen it.
For this world has hidden it quite well, so that it is difficult to obtain.
But, there will come a day when it is discovered by somebody,
And only those who should obtain it will be able to find it.
That is all.”

Yuyuko Takemiya
Mar 30, 2021 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
i can cook nothing. i used to be obsessed with it back in summer 2020 since I had nothing else to do but i am too lazy to cook now so -10/10
Mar 30, 2021 1:04 PM

Mar 2020
I think I can cook pretty well. I cook dinner for my family sometimes and they say it's good. I also bake cookies and cupcakes occasionally. So I'll say 6 or 7.

How can they see the love in our eyes
And still, they don't believe us?
And after all this time
They don't want to believe us

Mar 30, 2021 1:10 PM

Feb 2019
I'd give myself a solid 7. I don't need to follow a recipe most of the time, unless it's a really complex dish. I quite enjoy my cooking and other people haven't complained either. They even throw in an occasional compliment once in a while.
Mar 30, 2021 1:51 PM

Sep 2020
Like a 6, usually what I cook tastes good but I´m not no Gordon Ramsay, also most of what I cook is pretty simple
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Apr 3, 2021 10:42 PM
แด›สœส€แด‡แด€แด…โ˜…ส€แด‡แด€แด˜แด‡ส€

Dec 2018
My_Tea_ said:
How would you rate yourself at cooking?
On scale of 1 to 10.
1 being able to boil water
10 being a chef who owns a Michelin star restaurant
I would rate myself a 5/10. Started cooking as recently as 2 years ago (?), made some dishes family liked but I definitely am no culinary master.
Apr 3, 2021 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
10/10 I ain't not scrub in the kitchen.
Apr 3, 2021 11:39 PM

Sep 2019
4 to 6

I wouldn't say what I make is fancy, but it tastes good and I have no problems using a stove or oven. Cooking's kinda fun actually
Apr 4, 2021 12:05 AM

Feb 2021
dude, one can owns a restaurant but doesn't know shit about cooking.
Apr 4, 2021 12:13 AM

May 2020
Between 2 and 3. I can make some basic pasta recipes (spaghetti and penne mainly, never tried ramen because my parents don't eat that stuff - heck I don't even know any decent noodles recipes) and can cook frozen food in the oven as per the instructions on the package (haven't made any microwave food though, because my parents don't eat that stuff either). I can't however cook eggs and haven't tried to either because I don't even like eggs (except as omelette, and omelette is more complicated to make than basic boiled eggs). I would ideally want to make some more complicated recipes, but, eh, can't be bothered most of the time.
Apr 4, 2021 12:15 AM

May 2020
For me I guess it's 5.I can make a regular meal and I'm not really good at baking.
Apr 4, 2021 12:24 AM

May 2016
I've literally never cooked anything in my life. Not boil water even so a 0.
Only thing I've done is microwave and oven heated shitty freezer pizza.
Apr 4, 2021 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
6 to 8 Can manage to cook everyday for a family and myself.. I have made bread, tamales, lasagna, Russian fried pasties, sushi, bean soup, chili, refried beans, biscuits, dinner rolls, pelmini, birria beef tacos, steak, chicken, pork chops, roasts, meatballs, burgers,meatloaf, fried rice, empanadas, quiche,salisbury steak, pie, shrimp n grit, crispy homemade french fries, fried potatoes, and home made pasta sauce and a bunch of other stuff.
ezikialrageApr 4, 2021 1:21 PM
Apr 4, 2021 1:21 PM

Jan 2020
I've always been interested in cooking, even considered going to culinary school. I didn't end up doing that though. Still, I'm the primary chef in my household and am generally in charge of feeding everyone. I feel pretty comfortable with cooking, but I'm mostly just good at cooking for myself. I doubt too many people would like what I make, as I tend to be pretty heavy with spices. I'm definitely not near a 10, but I'm probably at least good, a 6-7 by MAL standards.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 4, 2021 1:26 PM
Dec 2017
Stephen_MK said:
Probably a 5 or 6 when I try my best? Not sure, because it doesn't really count if you rate yourself, others should rate your cooking to have a rate a bit more accurate and not biased.

I think another form of bias would come from friends and family telling you its good just to make sure they don't hurt your feelings.

OT

8 according to my parents sometimes i put too much spice or salt in food.

Apr 4, 2021 4:49 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Somewhere between 6 and 8, maybe like 7. I studied at a chef school but I'm still not that good at making food, like I can make really fancy gourmet stuff but I'm really bad at normal home cooking. But of course I live alone so I make my own food 100% and I guess more often than not it's good enough to eat.
Apr 4, 2021 5:02 PM

Nov 2016
4-6 i lived enough time alone to be able to cook i can cook decent amount of dishes but well i rather my moms food to mine in every single category so not very confident about taste. My main problem mostly is the ingredients i think , she gets best ones possible around while i get standart things from market shopping is a skill too imo and its big part of cooking.Thats mostly where i lose i just get standart things from market while she knows every saleman in the bazaar and already rated which one sells best x or y and already knows where to buy best x or best y.
Apr 4, 2021 5:34 PM

Dec 2019
I know how to make a lot of dishes and i would manage to cook for me and my family,but it's nothing fancy.

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
19 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
20 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 49 minutes ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
49 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ยฅ1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
56 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

41 by Merve2Love »»
2 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.