Welcome to my profile !
Candidates to watch next (subject to change): Robin Hood no Daibouken.
Greek | Music lover | (Medieval) History buff | Gamer | INFP-T
Things I like in anime:
- Slice of Life / CGDCT (but usually ones that aren't way too calm and where things happen)
- stuff with interesting themes
- stuff with fleshing out of characters/character development and/or good character interactions
- stuff with mature/emotional/"darker" elements/themes but keeping an overall positive/optimistic tone
- Kickass action and hype moments in general
I also like finding obscure anime, since they're often better than what the ratings would lead one to believe.
Given how I like action, I also like tokusatsu - their action is way hype! (I only watch them from time to time though, as I otherwise mainly watch anime) Here are the main ones I've seen so far:
- Kamen Rider W (1st toku I watched; my fave so far)
- Kamen Rider Fourze (the 4th KR entry I watched; 2nd favorite toku so far)
- Kamen Rider OOO (2nd toku I watched; I liked W better)
- Ultraman Z (the 1st Ultraman series I watched)
- Ultraman Tiga (the 2nd Ultraman series I watched; my favorite Ultraman series so far)
Top favorite anime OPs and EDs
Here are my top favorite anime OPs and EDs. These are, ranked in order of preference:
- The OP of Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team
- The ED of the above as well
- The OP of the second season of Moriarty the Patriot
- The OP of the first season of the above
- The OP of Kemono Jihen
- The second ED of Yona of the Dawn
- The ED of Symphogear G
- The second ED of Fresh Precure (warning: spoilers the fourth Cure of that entry)
- The ED of My Master Has No Tail
- The ED of Chimimo
Here's a spotlight section for webtoons I like (as some aren't in the db and webtoons in general are underrated here).
Titles and reason I like them:
- Concubine Walkthrough: This has quite a lot of political intrigue, and also a novel take on the stuck in a videogame trope. I also like the artstyle a lot.
- The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter: Leslie's path towards being happy with her new family is quite heartwarming.
- The Male Lead's Little Lion Daughter: I like sassy characters, which the MC here is. I also like her relationship with her dad.
- The Tyrant Wants to Live a Virtuous Life: I got invested in the MC's efforts to make her 2nd chance in life better than the first, while struggling with her emotions about the situations she encounters.
- My Father, the Possessive Demi-God: The way the MC has to deal with her being different from others is interesting.
- The Villainess's Daughter: I wanted to read this since I saw the webnovel, and I like the plot and characters.
- Total Entries992
Anime History Last Anime Updates
- Plan to Read44
- Total Entries1,601
Manga History Last Manga Updates
All Favorites Favorites
- The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter Manhwa·2019
- Tongari Boushi no Atelier Manga·2016
- Kaze Hikaru Manga·1997
- Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made Manga·2019
- Eris no Seihai Light Novel·2019
- Cat Street Manga·2004
- Toshokan Sensou: Love & War Manga·2007
- Hawkwood Manga·2010
- Enidewi Manga·2012
- Sazan to Suisei no Shoujo Manga·2015
- Fujimura, Taiga Fate/stay night
- Toosaka, Rin Fate/stay night
- Higashi, Setsuna Fresh Precure!
- Kurumi, Erika Heartcatch Precure!
- Hanasaki, Tsubomi Heartcatch Precure!
- Myoudouin, Itsuki Heartcatch Precure!
- Inverse, Lina Slayers
- Yoshida, Yuuko Machikado Mazoku
- Sesemann, Clara Alps no Shoujo Heidi
- Doma, Umaru Himouto! Umaru-chan
All Comments (278) Comments
Let's hope this topic is comparable to planting a flag & claiming our manhwa space in MAL :P
I think the first step for success is now having a couple of qualitative posts (just like the one you posted ;) Thx 4 that) & then we just need time so that manhwa readers flock there naturally :D
*cheers* for being the first poster! :D
I came here to invite you to a new topic I made on the forum!
It's a place where we can talk about manhwa & find like-minded people to even gain some neat recommendations.
So feel free to take a look & drop a comment ;)
I might as well read the NT Warrior manga this year and start with where Axess ended.
As for Sorcerer Hunters, its chapter finale was more epic than I expected. Xebec should have adapted this series in 1999.
Other than that, I can't wait to read V-Tamers next.
In an initial equipment challenge, you can still use better and more practical mages.
Last month, I played FFX just for fighting superbosses or Dark Aeons while getting Tidus' hidden weapon very arduously. Yes, the Caladbolg which is the best weapon for killing Penance. Dirtiest superboss ever made.
Aside from Sorcerer Hunters and video games, I've been studying abstract algebra.
Jerry Seigel would grill on DC Comics for giving his character an unwanted bisexual child that the company calls Superman and is far from being the true Man of Steel like Kal-El. Dwayne McDuffie would also be furious at what they did to his character or Static Shock if he were alive. In other words, besmirching and I don't approve of that either.
As for Sorcerer Hunters, the anime didn't exactly cover most of the source material despite being a solid adaptation. Said manga of said name is a much closer to the light novel that came out earlier in the 90s.
Yes, the incomplete Xebec adaptation missed out a lot of characters, canon-wise.
With that said, RIP to Yuko Mizutani who used to voice Chocolat. Glad that Megumi Hayashibara is still in good condition.
I thank the woman with an Asian husband that recommended this manga to me indirectly.
Less recycled content than battle shounen and modern comics which can go straight to the scrapyard.
Καλά κάνεις και κάνεις το rant σου, ισχύει το MAL είναι ίσως αρκετά αυστηρό και μάλλον αρκετά αργό στις ενημερώσεις του. Τουλάχιστον, γίνεται κάποια πρόοδος όσο περνάν τα χρόνια, ειδικά αφού τα digital only ανεβαίνουν σε popularity. Βέβαια, δεν έχω πολλή εξοικίωση με τα webtoons για να έχω άποψη.
Είχα αρχίσει να ασχολούμε με manga κοντά στο 2011 θυμάμαι, και νομίζω εκεί κοντά ήταν και το peak της ελληνικής προσπάθειας από τους εκδοτικούς οίκους, αλλά είμαι και από μεγάλη πόλη όπως λες, οπότε σίγουρα όλα αυτά έπαιξαν ρόλο. Αλλά να φανταστείς τόμους του death note θυμάμαι να βλέπω και στο κυλικείο της κατασκήνωσής μου.
Πάντως, σίγουρα το κοινό έχει αυξηθεί πολύ σε σχέση με εκείνα τα χρόνια, ακόμα και στον κύκλο μου ακόμα και αν δεν είναι όλοι collectors όπως εγώ, το λιγότερο διαβάζουν κάποιες από τις πιο μεγάλες σειρές από scanlations.
Θυμάμαι, πριν μερικά χρόνια πρέπει να είχε γίνει και μια προσπάθεια για ένα ελληνικό scanlation/translation team αλλά δεν ξέρω που κατέληξε δεδομένου του πόσου δύσκολη διαδικασία είναι. Ακόμα και τα fansubs έχουν πέσει πολύ σε σχέση με το πώς ήταν παλιά.
Ισχύει, η Anubis είχε ξεκινήσει πολύ δυναμικά εκείνα τα χρόνια, και το Love Hina ήταν το πρώτο μου manga, το είχα βρει τυχαία σε μια διανομή τύπου ενώ αγόραζα κόμικς, οπότε σίγουρα έχει μια ξεχωριστή θέση στην καρδιά μου και εκτιμώ πολύ το όλο εγχείρημα. Υποθέτω ότι κάποιες από τις σειρές τους σταμάτησαν επειδή πρέπει το license να ήταν μέσω της Tokyopop που έκλεισε το αγγλικό department της περίπου εκείνο το διάστημα ή απλά ήταν πολύ ακριβό για το μικρό κοινό της Ελλάδας.
Will you getting switch or nah?
Will you continuing AC series then?
You started bit late but thats okay too. When did you stop play pokemon game series then?
What other games do you play whether be in the past or present?
What was the first pokemon you played then?
I still kept with pokemon games though
By the way, I've been playing FFX HD and re-watching Ghost in the Shell, 2nd Gig that is.
My early Capricorn friend from Maryland is a big fan of Ghost in the Shell by the way (her birthday is right next door with Toyoguchi-chan). Yes, she's kind of a tomboy and she also loves Mass Effect.
Speaking of birthdays, I hope that Starfire's voice actress had a good one four days ago.
Valentine's Day is coming next and it's always somewhat next door with Chinese New Year.
I hope that you are having a good early Year of the Rabbit.
Oh really i really enjoy Ghibli movie there like part of me while i was growing up.
I will look in to your favorites then.
How would rate the shows what you watched? Like there different factor into? Just enjoyment ?
After those series keep going i discover the big three OP ,Naruto, Bleach which open other genre of animes and also studio ghibil which open into another relam per say
I keep looking for it to watch online but it was not easy to find sites but i did have internet but it wasn't as fast as now but i also been busy since i had other activity aside from school since parent made me to participant
I found MAL by accident so i made account and list anime but there alot not my list since i forgot anime or my enjoyment for it& also start interacting with other people as 2 or 3 years ago
Do you have anime that hold any special to you? Like first or anything like that?