Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 31, 2021 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
This episode. Wow, just wow, it was really powerful. Seeing Teio sprinting with all she has while McQueen was watching her and crying at the same time, man, that really got me, almost cried ngl, i was smiling the whole time! XD and in the end, she won, and kept her promise to McQueen, it was the cherry on top of the cake! Couldn't have asked for a better finale!!

8/10 as amazing as the 1st season tbh, it just saddens me that this show isn't being watched by more people, really deserves more recognition out there, but i do know this is huge in Japan i believe, so if it gets a 3rd season, im all for it!
Mar 31, 2021 10:37 AM

Oct 2012
Todd_ said:
I think the only thing that gets me is the whole timeline of this show. Just how much time has passed since the first episode? It would've had to been at least 3 years. Not to mention the time skip afterwards having the two little horse girls be old enough to enroll into the school. I kind of think this series goes off the rails a bit when it comes to skipping around time wise.

The first episode was 1991.05.26.

The last episode was 1993.12.26.

I cannot hold it against them!
scineramApr 1, 2021 5:03 PM
Mar 31, 2021 10:50 AM
May 2011
Definitely way better than S1 for me with how they characterize our 2 main mcs and other girls. I actually had to *endure* s1 to get to this beautiful season (saw some clip decided to watch). And the races my god were they spectacular bringing the intensity and passion. Very few light hearted moments compared to s1 but ofc when our mc faces injury throughout most of the season, can't expect it to be light. Despite this the way they inserted perfect comedic timings were just god damn. Then most of the race results and setting were adapted truthfully to IRL events just made the whole season even more wholesome for me (especially this last episode ofc).
Mar 31, 2021 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
This season was kinda heavy, much heavier than the last one. I was sad every episode. The injury plot was kinda overused but still effective.

Kinda teared up the for finale, 9/10
Mar 31, 2021 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
I was yelling, "Go Teio," like a madwoman. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy.
Why would Teio and McQueen still be in school when the 2 little girl's were older? Did they miss that much due to illness?
I hope it comes back.

Glordit said:
I couldn't stop laughing.

That was so funny. Came wearing a helmet with long hair. Leaving almost bald probably also wearing said helmet.
dragynfaerieMar 31, 2021 4:22 PM
Mar 31, 2021 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
happyteo said:
I am so shocked that this episode got so much hate (1/5) in the votes. This ending episode is absolutely great as well as the whole series!

Do you expect MAL user give good anime 5 star score expect for Gintama, SAO, or isekai??
Apr 1, 2021 6:29 AM

Oct 2020
dragynfaerie said:
I was yelling, "Go Teio," like a madwoman. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy.
Why would Teio and McQueen still be in school when the 2 little girl's were older? Did they miss that much due to illness?
I hope it comes back.

Glordit said:
I couldn't stop laughing.

That was so funny. Came wearing a helmet with long hair. Leaving almost bald probably also wearing said helmet.

kudo's to them for using that gag throughout the season. Another one was the cardboard cutout of Hishi Amazon.

Apr 1, 2021 11:43 AM
Feb 2021
I really liked the ending 13 episode. The feeling of the race was very pronounced, especially when Tokai Teiou drove to beat Biwa Hayahide. good lah uma musume season 2I really liked the ending 13 episode. The feeling of the race was very pronounced, especially when Tokai Teiou drove to beat Biwa Hayahide. good lah uma musume season 2.
I give it 9/10
Apr 1, 2021 11:50 AM

Mar 2008
A very satisfying end to the season. The last race was excellent. Going to give this season a 9/10.
Apr 1, 2021 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
Arkaisen said:
dragynfaerie said:
I hope it comes back.

kudo's to them for using that gag throughout the season. Another one was the cardboard cutout of Hishi Amazon.

They did a lot of cool stuff that was really impressive Like matching their hair colors with the real horses to their ribbons matching he jockey silks (someone told me that one).
Apr 2, 2021 5:44 AM

Jan 2014
As of writing this: 666 votes - 1 out of 5: Hated it (81.12%)
Total Voters: 821

Wth lol?

Anyhow 'Good' show but struggled with caring for the main characters in this second season, first season far better for me at least. Don't understand why it's named as a second season since besides the settings being very similar the characters and story had little to do with first season, should have made it stand alone with a different name.
Apr 2, 2021 8:54 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like I hit the mark, she won at last episode.

And YAY, we finally got an idol performance. All the previous races skipped over the performances. (Especially Rice Shower, who literally skips it even off-screen)

Tho too bad we didn't have McQueen dancing up there too cause she wasn't in the race.

___ ___ ___

And looks like we're already getting new horse girls... possibly the set up for next season.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 2, 2021 8:59 PM
Oct 2018
The Winning Moment Tokai Teio She back on the Race From Support McQueen after Replace.She Finaly come back after close race ofv BNW and Tokai Teio to Finnish
Apr 3, 2021 8:18 PM

Jun 2008
ClickNot said:
Anyhow 'Good' show but struggled with caring for the main characters in this second season, first season far better for me at least. Don't understand why it's named as a second season since besides the settings being very similar the characters and story had little to do with first season, should have made it stand alone with a different name.

It's the 2nd season, because it is the 2nd season of Uma Musume, not "Special week". You know why There's no more Special week and Silence Suzuka, because both their important races in real life has been animated already.

Silence Suzuka had to be euthanized after her leg broke shown in episode 7 of season 1. That's why most of her appearance was from a video call from "America". Her "welcome back race" for episode 11 season 1 never happened IRL

Special Week's last race is when she lost to Grass Wonder in Arima Kinen, in the anime they actually mixed around and made her lose first to grass wonder, and winning Japan Cup beating Broye later.Also the real horse died recently in 2018 after the anime aired.

The dream race was a dream race, most of the horse girls racing there, never even met each other IRL
Like symboli Rudolf already stopped racing even before special week and silence suzuka was born.

Uma Musume isn't your run of the mill sports story, it's based heavily on history. So if you think season 2 had too many drama? welcome to IRL horse racing, how about you go back in time and stop Teio and Mcqueen from getting injured.

Also Rice shower fans, precious as she is, she won't get a focus ever again. She won only 4 times, what makes that special was, all 4 wins were big upsets. You already saw 2 of those wins in season 2. IRL horse died way too early, after a nasty fall in kyoto, where they had to euthanized her on the spot.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 6, 2021 5:38 PM
Jul 2008
kaimax said:
ClickNot said:

It's the 2nd season, because it is the 2nd season of Uma Musume, not "Special week". You know why There's no more Special week and Silence Suzuka, because both their important races in real life has been animated already.

Silence Suzuka had to be euthanized after her leg broke shown in episode 7 of season 1. That's why most of her appearance was from a video call from "America". Her "welcome back race" for episode 11 season 1 never happened IRL

Special Week's last race is when she lost to Grass Wonder in Arima Kinen, in the anime they actually mixed around and made her lose first to grass wonder, and winning Japan Cup beating Broye later.Also the real horse died recently in 2018 after the anime aired.

The dream race was a dream race, most of the horse girls racing there, never even met each other IRL
Like symboli Rudolf already stopped racing even before special week and silence suzuka was born.

Uma Musume isn't your run of the mill sports story, it's based heavily on history. So if you think season 2 had too many drama? welcome to IRL horse racing, how about you go back in time and stop Teio and Mcqueen from getting injured.

Also Rice shower fans, precious as she is, she won't get a focus ever again. She won only 4 times, what makes that special was, all 4 wins were big upsets. You already saw 2 of those wins in season 2. IRL horse died way too early, after a nasty fall in kyoto, where they had to euthanized her on the spot.

The weirdest part of Uma Musume is definitely the school setting.
Rudolf is forever president while Teio who already won GI still got lectured about GI,GII,etc, what is the school for?

welcome to IRL horse racing, how about you go back in time and stop Teio and Mcqueen from getting injured.

Well, this obviously is not IRL horse racing, the anime maker said so.

And why it's possible for Suzuka but not Rice Shower?

So if you think season 2 had too many drama?

Funny, he didn't say it but you did.

What @ClickNot said is the season should have title addition like the BNW one which focused on BNW. Some people who like Suzuka and Spe are sad because they barely have screen time in 2nd season then you lectured them about IRL horse racing.
Apr 6, 2021 7:22 PM

Feb 2014
Okay, I lost counts how the drama was forced and repetitive. Didn´t they have any more ideas besides injuries all the time?

Definitely dissapoiting compared to the 1st season which is way better (more exciting, the energy is better and the main cast as well and not repetitive).

5/10 at best. Too bad.
Apr 8, 2021 7:35 AM
Nov 2016
The final episode was super corny and predictable.

Still cried though, I love this season.
Apr 8, 2021 7:36 AM
Nov 2016
The final episode was super corny and predictable.

Still cried though, I love this season of Uma Musume.
Apr 12, 2021 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
Until the McQueen injury last episode, I was thinking this season was a definite improvement from season 1, in large part due to Teio and McQueen making for much more interesting protagonists than Special Week ever did in season 1. And while that remains true until the very end, this second season's writing of the overall plot is drastically weaker than season 1 was, by virtue of just repeating the same plot point of injuries over and over again to keep Teio and McQueen from racing each other.

Yeah, I get that it's based on real history and all, but it doesn't make for an interesting narrative when it's just the same thing constantly for virtually a full cour, even more so when that injury plot point was already handled in season 1 with Silence Suzuka anyway (and far better than it was handled here, that's for sure). On the flip side, the show did something truly interesting and compelling with Rice Shower's arc of being the winner when no one wants her to be, only to then basically abandon the character entirely afterwards.

Despite my complaints, this was still as fun as season 1 was, it just swapped the strengths around: season 1 had a strong plot but weak protagonists, while season 2 had great protagonists but a weak, repetitive plot bogging them down. This final race was a solid payoff for everything as well, even if Teio winning was 100% predictable.

7/10
Apr 12, 2021 7:48 PM

May 2015
Atavistic said:
This final race was a solid payoff for everything as well, even if Teio winning was 100% predictable.

These last 3/4 episodes were a little bit melodramatic (like that one part where it was raining and Teio just stood there as her friend slipped, fell and struggled on the ground wtf), but the final part of the race gave me chills and was super good, 100% worth it.

I even checked the actual irl race and something super very similar happened in it (in that one horse was leading, Teio managed to catch up and it was a close call until the last few seconds)
Apr 21, 2021 11:36 AM

Nov 2009
Season 1 being just 'okayish to good' almost actively hurts Season 2 and it's accessibilty to being watched, this completely eclipses it on every single level and you can really feel they wanted this to be a success and line it up with the game release for real this time.

10/10
Apr 22, 2021 8:44 PM
May 2020
So many people accidentally pressed 1 out of 5 because they couldn't see their screen with tears still in their eyes huh?
May 1, 2021 3:42 AM

Apr 2021
This season has too many injury dramas imo. Some of them done right while the other feels forced. But it's still fun nonetheless. So many characters but they're all likeable (with the exception of Twin Turbo. She can be pretty annoying sometimes). The horse racing were as intense as ever. 7/10

Also Rice Shower best girl fite me.
May 10, 2021 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Great last episode and season. The race had me crying 🥲 I hope we get a third season soon
May 10, 2021 10:09 PM

May 2010
kaimax said:

That's actually what redeems this series for me. If it were a normal anime then I would have complained about absurdly unrealistic and overdramatic it was. But since I knew this all actually happened in real life, I was able to shut my inner critic up and just enjoy the drama in its full glory.
“Money can't buy dere”
May 12, 2021 9:30 AM
Feb 2016
What a season of injuries. Aside from the downgrade in animation, everything else is a lot more enjoyable than season 1. Altho tbh i really missed Suzuka as the lead and really wish we got more of Rice Shower. Her character feels like wasted potential when she can be developed more.
Anguish_one7May 12, 2021 10:21 AM
May 25, 2021 7:26 AM

Jan 2021
I really love this season and think it's better than season 1.

Teiou has lost almost everything that drives her to run. First the target to obtain the Triple Crown, second the target to become an undefeated horse girl, and finally the target to fight against McQueen in Arima Kinen. Still, she manages to find what running really means to her and achieves miracle in another unprecedented way, which is winning in a G1 competition after one year of rehabilitation, and becomes the "Horse Girl of Miracles". This reminds me a lot of my experience these years, when I had suffered a great financial failure and at the same time could never achieve something I wanted to do in university (going to a foreign country for exchange) due to the pandemic. Thanks to this anime, I'm reminded that even if I failed to achieve the initial targets, I could still discover other targets and work hard on them.

Also I really really like Rice Shower. Although it's already a perfect show and I gave it a 10/10, I still want to see Rice Shower be encouraged and cheered by the crowd at the end. According to the wiki, she (in reality he) didn't get cheered until the third time she (he) got the champion. I just want this scene to get animated and give my baby horse girl more love :(

I really want a season 3 and I'm happy that after changing the anime studio, the anime became better than before :)
May 30, 2021 4:57 PM

May 2015
Seabury said:
kaimax said:

That's actually what redeems this series for me. If it were a normal anime then I would have complained about absurdly unrealistic and overdramatic it was. But since I knew this all actually happened in real life, I was able to shut my inner critic up and just enjoy the drama in its full glory.

Are you me? I had the exact same reaction.
After the story used the same 'Teio broke her leg' plot line for the one thousandth time my brain was this very close to calling it quits, but the fact it did happen IRL stopped brain in its tracks. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have liked the show as much had I not known of this.

Though speaking of drama, leaving the final race aside, the last few episodes *were* very melodramatic
Jun 2, 2021 12:17 AM

Jul 2015
Thrilling match, I got emotional seeing Teio making her comeback. Despite the large amount of drama and sad moments which may seem really ridiculous at times (although they are based on real life events), I liked this a lot more than s1.

Jun 4, 2021 12:43 PM

Aug 2016
I feel sorry to all the people here complaining about how the drama was all injury related. IT'S BASED ON REAL EVENTS. All the injuries, teio's miracle comeback are all fact and did happened in real life. Now, you can all shut up.

Aside from me getting triggered on those people, this season is really good. 9/10 for me. Hoping for a S3 with Dia and Kita as MC's <3
Maple-SenpaiJun 4, 2021 12:49 PM
Jul 3, 2021 6:45 AM

Jan 2017
Thrilling finale for a superior season in terms of story but not so in animation quality.

The change of MC from Spe-chan to Teio really does make things more interesting as Teio's motivations is not the generic "I want to be the best in <insert place here>" yada yada

That ending scene with Kitasan and Satono is a tease for season 3 eh
FragmantLemonJul 3, 2021 7:10 AM
Nov 11, 2021 1:04 PM

Nov 2014
Epic finish. That race, seriously, I can't even imagine what people who watched it IRL felt. The "miracle" word was never so fitting.

Segaco said:
Seabury said:

Are you me? I had the exact same reaction.
After the story used the same 'Teio broke her leg' plot line for the one thousandth time my brain was this very close to calling it quits, but the fact it did happen IRL stopped brain in its tracks. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have liked the show as much had I not known of this.

Exactly this. The fact that it all actually happened made those events much more special and removed any kind of "unrealists" or "friendship power" problems for me.
Jan 3, 2022 12:36 PM

Sep 2018
A final episode, which is quite telegraphed in what happens, but is still a work of fiction, can also be there. However, overall the anime was enjoyable in every episode and even this, aside from the miracle that occurs, is an episode that satisfies both as entertainment and as a story finale, and manages to convey the message that was at the basis of the entire anime series. Also this time that a choral involvement of all the characters even those whose names are not even known, those in the end turned out to be the best in some ways. I hope not late in coming a third season of this show.
Feb 12, 2022 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
another amazing season of this series

id have to say the only thing that i didnt like about this season was the performances taken out unlike in season 1 there was 1 every ep and i loved that

sadly taken out of season 2 i wonder why...... ? but nonetheless this season was still really good i fully enjoyed the season

with that said i really hope for a season 3 to happen
"one step at a time"
Mar 11, 2022 8:50 AM

Jul 2012
Definitely enjoyed this one better, just from the first episode felt like the 1st season was a filler or about side chars.

A lot of (heavy) drama in this one ending with Teio overcoming her limits. Really like Teio so was also more enjoyable to watch.
Really enjoy the comedy same as s1, very light and not forced. Twin Turbo made the comedy in s2 =/

Rice Shower in ep8 was something else, her appearance in OP!!! In general the OP song is amazing,Teio's VA singing!!!

Skimped some comments and saw that it is "based" on real events for horce races, thought the names were only used and the stories were made.

Just judging from chars i feel like Silence Suzuka is far stronger than anyone else as much as i like Teio.

Overall 8/10 This felt like a season about a main character while the 1st season really didnt feel like it.
allenjkeMar 11, 2022 8:58 AM
Mar 13, 2022 10:25 AM
Mar 2022
8/10, -1 for CR's localization:
I'm sure that CR localization team of Umamusume has never thought that this anime is strongly based on real stories and they forgot to take a JP IRL horseracing crashcourse(they have even not visited the EN IRL horseracing websites for the standard translations of important JP races e.g. it should be Tenno Sho instead of Tennoshou), and add important IRL references in the subtitles for international audience who don't know those things: As a CN guy I have watched S2 on CN's Bilibili, and CN localization team has added plenty IRL references into the subtitles(even for those horsegirls who appeared only once in the anime), and Umamusume enjoys a certain popularity in CN anime community……the lacking of IRL references is an important reason for why umamusume isn't popular in EN anime community, watching it with IRL knowledge is a complete different experience from watching without them
Apr 24, 2022 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
Really enjoyed this season.

(Though I don't think McQueen's issue is that she "shouldn't give up". Unlike a broken leg, she seems to have developed a chronic condition with no cure... It seems like a different beast, but whatever)
May 7, 2022 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
OMG! That was the most intense and emotional race I've watched. I am almost in tears and every spectators are crying. That was the most unbelievable, emotional, breathtaking comeback from Teio. HOT DAMN!

Lmao at the the two girls shaving each others hair. Everyone was chanting her name. Even prez was in tears and chanting. And even her competitors are congratulating and giving her a hug. What's even more surprising is Suzuka flew just to actually watch. Everyone was happy and crying that she's back. The dance performance is top quality.

It was a rather fun but a bit dramatic 2nd season. But girls had badluck but manage to rise again. So happy for Teio at afther a year since her race she can run again. She made history as the first horsegirl to win after a year of hiatus. Amazing.

Kinda sad that Special Week and the rest of Spica didn't give much attention this season. And its nice to see Suzuka again. Kita and Dia grew up and enrolled now. I'm hoping if there's a S3 there would be focus on Specchan besides the two new horsegirls.

Just amazing. I'm gonna that again.
Jul 6, 2022 11:39 AM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
These last episodes were so heavy on the feels! I really don't recall that from the first season. I hope it gets another season.

Maybe a season about Kita and Dia!

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Dec 15, 2022 8:12 PM

Sep 2018
Brilliant, emotional show which really exceeded expectations. 9/10. Maybe just a little too much melodrama for full marks, only so many injuries I can take.
Jul 8, 2023 3:00 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You can pick it apart for days, but idc. This show about cute horse girls racing has left me a sobbing mess.

9.4/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 8, 2023 4:32 PM
Jan 2015
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Brilliant, emotional show which really exceeded expectations. 9/10. Maybe just a little too much melodrama for full marks, only so many injuries I can take.
You can't blame it on authors since they legit took all of them from real life. In fact from what I understand McQueen also had a massive number of injuries and not all of them are really shown there, real life Tokai Teio indeed had 3 fractures and was absent from competition for a year (and racing horse career is like 3-4 years in total, so this is a REALLY long time).
Oct 7, 2023 10:32 AM

Oct 2008
i really wasn't able to complete S2 but since S3 is now airing i just finished the last ep of S2 and it was so glorious!
good thing Meijirou McQueen went inside to watch the marvellous win of Tokai Teiou!
5/5.
8/10.

now immediately onwards to watching the ep 1 of S3!!!

Oct 11, 2023 10:42 AM
Mar 2021
What's with the all the 1's lmao. This is such a perfect final episode. Many will say overdramatic and all but it is such a inspirational and touching story it is mostly focusing on never give up on fighting the injuries and how to make a comeback and the comeback portrayed in this episode is really beautiful. Imagine your favourite football player suddenly have an heavy injury and absent for long period of time and when he is back he can't play like normal but he never give up and work on rehabilitation until he fully recover and become a hero in the pitch like he used to once more after many years. It really had deep meaning. I last saw this discussion right after this episode release and it got 90%+ of 5 at that time and boost the score up the way to 8,00 suddenly when I come back today I kinda wonder what is the 1's rate with 50% is about while there are mostly positive reviews the rating also increasing from 8,00 to 8,06. Are there any bots spamming 1 or someone just deliberately make multi account and start spamming 1?
Oct 12, 2023 4:22 AM

Jun 2012
Ironically the fact this series mirrors real life results makes it the last predictable sports series I've ever seen. It ruthlessly avoids sports tropes and conventions at every turn. Usually a "gacha anime" will have a lot of characters because gacha games have a lot of characters. But this has a lot of characters because there just happens to be a lot of relevant horses who win/place in events. A lot of characters do get their moment, but broadly speaking there's no designated winner/rival/antagonist because that's not how the sport actually works.

All that applies to both seasons of course, but S2 is a clear Teio Step above for me. The start of the season is around S1's "pretty good" quality, but once S2 gets going it leaves S1 in the dust. The "Undefeated vs Reigning Champion" mega race between Teio and McQueen. The incredible Rice Shower arc. The Twin Turbo inspired Teio comeback. And then the amazing ending.

It does feel somewhat unfair to say S2 is better than S1 when both are based on real life events. But if S2's real life events are this much more compelling AND took place earlier irl (1992-93 for S2 vs 1998-99 for S1) then I do wonder why this wasn't S1. It would be a shame if anyone went into this series with an open mind and then dropped it because they didn't like S1. Then again, I'm even seeing S2 slander (mainly from people who don't know it's based on real life and wanted more easily digestible sports tropes) so you can't guarantee anything anyway.

I doubt S3 can top this, but I'll definitely check it out when it finishes airing. I would have hated to wait a week for every episode of this season.
Dec 22, 2023 7:16 PM
Sep 2008
I got disappointed how characters like Mc Queen and Bourbon were left aside, specially Mc Queen at the very end.
Dec 29, 2023 1:44 PM
Mar 2021
better than s1 ending cried no clickbait i love this anime sm. it shouldn't be as good as it is for the silly ahh premise it uses, but it takes the goofiest ideas and pours heart into it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

53 by Kuroniiro »»
May 4, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 11, 2021

49 by Kira_yoshikage04 »»
Mar 24, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2021

59 by itsmepee »»
Mar 12, 11:03 AM

» The hairdresser is underappreciated

Allsaints112 - Feb 2

3 by AntiSadboi »»
Feb 2, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

69 by Th0rAxe »»
Jan 7, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.