Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2021 7:44 AM

Jan 2019
"training complete" yess we did it, *not so fast.... KAABOOOMMM!!
Mar 27, 2021 7:48 AM
Jul 2019
idk, when it takes an entire episode to reintroduce the cast that may be a sign that there are too many characters... just my two cents

Mar 27, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2020
Decent start, I feel bad for the staff who have to think of an entire ep just for introducing characters lol
Mar 27, 2021 8:11 AM

Feb 2013
For a recap/filler episode this was great. So happy to see these characters again 🤩
Mar 27, 2021 8:12 AM
Jan 2021
Bakugo is still funny af.
Mar 27, 2021 8:12 AM

Feb 2014
Well, is the recap with original content we were expecting alright.
Mar 27, 2021 8:17 AM

Dec 2015
I mean, I didn't expect them to just suddenly give up on doing a reintroduction episode, but oh boy… this was even more shitty than usual.
Well, gotta hope for the rest of the season to not contain useless fillers
Mar 27, 2021 8:20 AM

Oct 2020
Pretty good start to the new season! The op/ed tracks were really catchy. Bakugo exploding Tamaki at the end was hilarious!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2021 8:23 AM

Sep 2020
I didn't like this episode very much.
Mar 27, 2021 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Why do they do these every season they're annoying
Mar 27, 2021 8:27 AM

Oct 2016
I don't know if this is considered episode 0 or episode 1, but anyway that was a pretty good anime original episode and seasonal reintroduction to the characters, not that I need it, but it is appreciated. Love the new OP and ED, especially the ED, the peggies don't miss.

Mirio just flowing into the river is fucking hilarious, and R.I.P. Amajiki senpai, he just wanna go home, he'll be best of friends with Ishigami. I'll take any light hearted shit I can get right now, if you know what I mean. Well, looking forward to the official start of the season next week.
Mar 27, 2021 8:28 AM
Dec 2020
Why is endeavour redeeming himself can’t say I’m happy about it but okay....I have nothing else to say but nice episode I guess
Mar 27, 2021 8:42 AM

Aug 2013
I honestly needed this episode to remind me of what happened in the previous season. I should have read the manga which I've been putting off for quite some time.

Bakugo being Bakugo was hilarious. Poor Amajiki. XD

Mar 27, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2020
i laughed when dabi appeared but he has same va with connie ;; so far, nice episode. the fight scene wasnt bad. i dont want to put high expectation on the next episode. yeah i dont know future event since im an anime watcher but hope it will getting better.
Mar 27, 2021 8:51 AM

Nov 2020
When I heard that this would be another recap episode I set my expectations pretty low, but to my surprise it wasn't recap at all outside of the Endeavor scene in the beginning and the re-introduction of everyone's quirks. Instead it's another training episode, and as far as those go it's one of the better ones. Maybe it's because this is our first time back and I missed these characters, but it was entertaining enough seeing them all work together and take on the big three. Mirio was the highlight as always. I'll certainly take this over the 2 part OVA we got last year, which I found pretty dull tbh.

Overall, not much to say, the final scene sets up our true return to the main story with Dabi injuring Endeavor I'm guessing? And Hawks is the traitor that was hinted at before? Either way next week will be interesting. The OP/ED were also fine, nothing too special but wholesome and catchy enough that nail the MHA vibe.
Are ya winning, diners?
Mar 27, 2021 8:52 AM

Aug 2017
Overall, I liked this episode. Maybe the reintroduction of every character of class 1-A was a bit unnecesary (tho I laughed a bit when Present Mic introduced Bakugo's hero name as "undecided"). Mirio as the victim was really funny and Hado played her role very well too.

About the heroes of class 1-A, I think I gained a bit of insight into Hagakure: She is not only invisible, she can manipulate light to also create those flashes. That means that maybe in the future she would let others (and we too) see her as she truly is (that is, deactivating her power).

Aand I liked both the OP and the ED. Not as much as OPs and EDs of past seasons, but these aren't bad either.
Mar 27, 2021 9:06 AM

Feb 2014

I would like to know who is the wise man who continues to introduce us to the characters in the fifth season. A waste of time this chapter for nothing. WE WANT WAR NOW, NOT KNOWING THE NAMES OF EVERYONE FOR 4858th TIME
Mar 27, 2021 9:14 AM

Apr 2020
Recap for a bit. Like 5 mins. Was the final part reanimated or maybe a new voice recording used? It seems slightly different.

New opening so good, not great. Maybe it gets better the more it will play.

Alright, so it's a drill for the students. The third years are playing villains, etc.
Not bad. Bakugo is irritating as ever, when will he get his character development?

ED theme was sweet, I never do expect from an ED's visuals.

So Dabi was there after the Endeavor fight.
And Hawk went to meet him later that night.
Does not seem like a betrayal but well see.
--AbiSa--
Mar 27, 2021 9:16 AM
Apr 2020
i was unsecure of the animation at first but it turned out great. the opening is awesome as well shows everyones powers. if the anime adaptation is as good as the manga then this will be one hell of a season.
Mar 27, 2021 9:23 AM
Jul 2019
Pretty nice canon pilot episode. Real happining things after anime ending part. We will see Hawks and Endeavor what happend.
Mar 27, 2021 9:30 AM

Aug 2020
Bit of a recap episode I guess, Mirio falling into the lake had my dying.

Also, the ED SMACKS, I think I prefer it over the OP tbh.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Mar 27, 2021 9:37 AM
Mar 2018
The first episode was refreshing especially the Amajiki part. At first it was a little boring with intros but the studio is giving it a good shot overall. And lastly DISH , one of my fav bands. This is lit indeed.😍
Mar 27, 2021 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
It wouldn't be a new season of MHA without a shitty recap !

Nah I'm gonna be honest I really enjoyed the latter half of this one, I think that for a recap/filler it was pretty well animated, like it effectively had more animation than Mirio vs Overhaul from last season so this can only be an improvement lol.

Also, some moments were straight up hilarious, Mirio being the best as always, Bakugo f******g killing Tamaki and the others.

Not that the bar was very high, but this surprisingly ended up being the recap I enjoyed the most across all seasons.

Opening is bland, as expecting mind you. Ed is once again real nice.

I have moderate expectation for this one, don't wanna be let down like I was during S4.
Florent3571Mar 28, 2021 3:31 AM
Mar 27, 2021 9:41 AM

Dec 2016
Jesus! Bakugou shows no mercy, not even to uperclassmens XDD No wonder his intense glare scarred the crap out of Amajiki X) Just don't mess around with Bakugo's patience or you'll gonna get it *giggles* (Bakugou's now in trouble though) And Togata fooling around was very hillarious!

Great start! It gave me chills when Dabi shows up and tells Endeavor it's his first time meating him O_O; even though we know the truth!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 27, 2021 9:46 AM
Apr 2020
I liked this episode. It was a recap episode going over everyone in class 1-A + hero names + Quirks which I like because it had been a while since I've seen season 4 and I'm not a manga reader, so it was very welcome. I also liked seeing more of Endeavour and what happened to him when he won his fight against Nomu. I find it slightly odd that people are already rating this season when this episode was a recap episode and not content from the actual season, but whatever.
Mar 27, 2021 9:48 AM

May 2018
Not a bad start. I was expecting a recap episode but we got a drill instead :D

now for the real shit to start next week
Mar 27, 2021 9:51 AM

Oct 2020
so it begins, great start for another season
Mar 27, 2021 9:52 AM

Dec 2019
Well... At least they tried something new with the recap I suppose.... Is a recap really needed? Nothing really happened last season---- I like how they added the big 3 since they are so forgettable

I don't want to write too many negatives so:
Mirio in the river was funny and the new Op and Ed are good.

Am excited to see Shinso again, Been waiting over a year for the arc to be animated just so I could see him >w>

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Mar 27, 2021 9:52 AM

Jul 2013
I don't mind if they start a season with filler (not counting the post-credit part with Endeavor), but I hate how they had the narrator remind the audience of the powers of the students once again. I have been watching four seasons of this series, you don't need to remind me that Todoroki can use fire and ice for the 1000th time.

That being said, the part with Mirio in the river was genuinely funny.
Mar 27, 2021 9:57 AM
Feb 2016
Wasn't a bad recap episode. I liked how they had to fight the big three for their training drill, especially how Amajiki was so out of role with being the villain lol. Still wished they'd stop doing these recaps at the start of every new season, it's just a wasted week.

Also, don't click the spoilers if you don't want to know about an upcoming event. You've been warned:

Mar 27, 2021 9:58 AM

Aug 2017
Natsude_tanaka said:
HannahEdits said:

Umm.. You are 20 years of age, correct? Uraraka's 14 years old, she's practically a minor-.

yeah i know, what so wrong in liking an anime character's ass lol

Fanservice exists for a reason.
Mar 27, 2021 10:06 AM

Apr 2020
Great episode, very funny and nice teamwork. Man, I love Bakugou... I laughed hard at the end.

The OP is just ok, but I liked the ED a lot.
AcD4cMar 27, 2021 10:10 AM
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Mar 27, 2021 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
I think people are thinking that this was a good episode 1 for S5....
This would have been good if it was Ep.1 of S1 (where they introduce the characters) or Ep.0 of S5 (prologue or recap).
This was literally the worst Ep.1 of S5 i have ever seen, if u have seen a worst1 plz tell me, i am curious (4/10)
Mar 27, 2021 10:12 AM
Sep 2018
The episode was not bad but without more. The scenes where we were shown the names of the characters etc. were useless. but it's cool to watch 3/5 for this episode.
Mar 27, 2021 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
Oh a semi-filler recap. That's fine for me.
"I want to go home..." LOL
Mar 27, 2021 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
Surprisingly not a bad start for the usual "OVA" first episode. Probably because they structure the episode in a way where it felt like a background for Yuki Hayashi OST to shine. His music can really carry the feeling of the series.

I just hope I don't get disappointed like in Season 4. No more tea villains and no more rock band concerts please.
Mar 27, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 2020
Florent3571 said:
It wouldn't be a new season of MHA without a shitty recap !

Nah I'm gonna be honest I really enjoyed the latter half of this one, I think that for a recap/filler it was pretty well animated, like it effectively had more animation than Mirio vs Overaul from last season so this can only be an improvement lol.

Also, some moments were straight up hilarious, Mirio being the best as always, Bakugo f******g killing Tamaki and the others.

Not the the bar was very high, but this surprisingly ended up being the recap I enjoyed the most across all seasons.

Opening is bland, as expecting mind you. Ed is once again real nice.

I have moderate expectation for this one, don't wanna be let down like I was during S4.

Ojiro vs Tamaki really did have more animation than Mirio vs Overhaul lmao.
Are ya winning, diners?
Mar 27, 2021 10:24 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty much a recap episode reintroducing the characters, their quirks, and what happened at the end of season 4. Kinda disappointing, but this seems to be a common trend in this series for the first episode of the season to be a psuedo-recap.
Mar 27, 2021 10:44 AM
Jan 2021
loved the OP and ED
The big 3 were a pleasure to watch
Hawks and Dabi's meet piqued my interest for the next episode :)

Idk why so many ppl hated this ep... I thought it was a great start to the new season.
Mar 27, 2021 10:51 AM
Aug 2020
I love the teaser they showed in the end of the episode, it’s very well produced
Mar 27, 2021 11:00 AM
Nov 2019
Really not a fan of having every season start with a filer recap episode, especially here since it really disrupted the flow of events with everything with Endevear, Hawks, and Dabi. That being said, this was still an enjoyable episode. I like how they found a way to incorporate everyone's quirks, and the bits with Mirio and Amajiki were hilarious.

(And can someone seriously figure what's with all these low scores on every new episode. It's happening with every show I'm watching.)
Mar 27, 2021 11:15 AM
Aug 2016
vestun said:
Yeah, I just wanted to see if it got better. But it didn't so that's that.

It'll get better in the second cour of this season. Also, from that point onwards, it just keeps on getting darker and darker.
Mar 27, 2021 11:17 AM
Aug 2020
i guess no one's gonna question the fact that Bakugou made a HUGE explosion right into Tamaki's chest? no? ok
Mar 27, 2021 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not a crazy fan of the show and yet I know all their quirks by now, Its like this shows needs to remind you 24/7 who has what quirk.
Mar 27, 2021 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
That Endeavor/Hawks/Dabi moment keeps me at the edge of my seat, cannot wait for the next ep.

The OP was alright but that ED was LIT.
Mar 27, 2021 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
eh standard first episode that introduces everybody.....again
is it needed? no
but thats what they do and that gets fans excited so
Mar 27, 2021 11:34 AM
Jan 2021
A great start to the season! This recap episode was so fun to watch (action, duh) and was comically hilarious! It was very refreshing to see everyone’s face, yes, even Bakugo’s sneer. It’s ok Bakugo, we love your face. I can’t wait to see the upcoming episodes and see if we get an explanation about the dream at the end of Season 4 💕
Mar 27, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2020
Mirio was so hilarious lmao.He fell down to the river on purpose and I was like B R U H.
Tbh Mirio carried this whole episode.

A big F to those who skipped the ending as well as to those who skip the episode because they thought it's a filler.
THIS EPISODE IS NOT A FILLER I REPEAT THIS EPISODE IS NOT A FILLER

Xaralabos13 said:
I think people are thinking that this was a good episode 1 for S5....
This would have been good if it was Ep.1 of S1 (where they introduce the characters) or Ep.0 of S5 (prologue or recap).
This was literally the worst Ep.1 of S5 i have ever seen, if u have seen a worst1 plz tell me, i am curious (4/10)

Oh come on bruh.You're being petty at this point.I'm also advising you to enjoy the Joint Training Arc to the fullest because it's the final school like event we are gonna ever get.
ScordoloMar 27, 2021 11:50 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 27, 2021 12:02 PM

Mar 2021
This was a ton of fun, I hella enjoyed this. The comedy was top tier, and bar some weird things I actually like the animation, I don't know what people are complaining about.

9/10 for its first episode, hopefully, the next episode follows suit in quality.
Check out my music - https://irrenoid.com/music

Mar 27, 2021 12:12 PM

Mar 2018
Pretty unenjoyable filler/recap episode. Nothing else to say other than that the drawing style is a bit different. Not bad but different ok.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

118 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.