Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 26, 2021 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
I see many people recommending animes like Prison school, Konosuba, Saiki K, Gintama, Grand blue etc. for comedy genre but never do i see anyone recommend Kaguya sama. I have only seen Gintama and Kaguya sama in comedy genre and while there were several very funny episodes in Gintama but i found it extremely inconsistent. On the other hand Kaguya sama might be one of the most consistent anime.
removed-userMar 26, 2021 3:42 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2021 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
No. I found it annoying, actually, in a blue-balling kind of way.

I don't have a problem with childish anime (clearly), but in a romance? Just freaking grow up and confess already.
Mar 26, 2021 3:30 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
But it is recomended a lot, I found it consistently boring though.
Mar 26, 2021 3:32 AM

Nov 2019
Kaguya was hilarious but Grand Blue is the funniest I've seen.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 26, 2021 3:34 AM

Jan 2020
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

I don't have a problem with childish anime (clearly), but in a romance? Just freaking grow up and confess already.

They don't confess because that is the entire point of the show?

Roevhaal said:
But it is recomended a lot, I found it consistently boring though.

How, exactly?

OT: Yes, Kaguya-sama is one of the funniest anime I have ever watched (the second season in particular), but Gintama is even better.
Mar 26, 2021 3:34 AM

Aug 2017
I liked the show, the absurdness of some situations was very funny.

But my best comedies yet are Detroit Metal City, Prison School and Asobi Asobase.
Mar 26, 2021 3:35 AM

Nov 2019
its funny but i wont even consider it in the top 5 funniest shows i have seen
Mar 26, 2021 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
It's a good anime, I enjoyed it. But anime like Binbougami ga and KonoSuba are way funnier imo.
Mar 26, 2021 3:40 AM

Oct 2020
It is funny but I like the romance element more

Mar 26, 2021 3:41 AM

Jun 2020
It was really good but my favorite is Saiki
Mar 26, 2021 3:41 AM

Nov 2019
It's a good show and it has good comedy but it's not one of the best imo

Mar 26, 2021 3:43 AM

Sep 2018
Very few anime truly made me laugh and Kaguya-sama is not one of these (and neither are the others you mentioned, except Saiki K), but I still liked it for the directing and the characters.

Mar 26, 2021 3:44 AM

Oct 2016
It's very funny at times but I think I would consider Kaguya more of a romance than a comedy. The comedy aspect takes a secondary role.
Nyanpasu~
Mar 26, 2021 3:45 AM

Oct 2010
I consider it one of the most unfunny romcom. Is it consistent? yes, in being unfunny
Mar 26, 2021 3:46 AM

Sep 2020
No,i dont think it's "fun" "cute" or "wholesome"

it's literally a fucking death note with funny comedy and centered in rom-com school, you see both couples Miyuki and Kaguya confesses in many ways since the one who confesses first are considered loser.
Mar 26, 2021 3:47 AM

Jul 2020
kaguya-sama was super entertaining imo. I feel it wasn't "die of laughter" type of funny for me, but more of a "short, consecutive exhales through the nose" type of funny.

I still found myself laughing aloud at some scenes tho.

Also gintama is significantly longer, so its obviously harder to stay consistent with the comedy; nevertheless, I think sorachi pulls it off imo cuz I love gintama.
mobmisMar 26, 2021 4:17 AM

domesitiku violensu

Oct 2018
I don't think it's that funny, what I like the most about Kaguya-sama is its characters.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.

Dec 2020
Nah, it's decent comedy.
And it's a hit or miss with everyone else.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Mar 26, 2021 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
Kytren said:
No,i dont think it's "fun" "cute" or "wholesome"

it's literally a fucking death note with funny comedy and centered in rom-com school, you see both couples Miyuki and Kaguya confesses in many ways since the one who confesses first are considered loser.

I love that show but it does get pretty dumb. For example, once shinomiya and shirogane were fighting so that the other person could have a peice of cake for an hour instead of splitting it in half.
Mar 26, 2021 3:52 AM
Jan 2018
Not only it is the funniest, but also cute and wholesome, the characters also get pretty good development besides having a laugh fest every week. 10/10 anime
Mar 26, 2021 3:54 AM
Jul 2018
IrrelevantGuy said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Fine, I'll elaborate then.

Kaguya is the anime equivalent of Moonlighting, with Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd. You're stuck there for multiple seasons, getting blue-balled, while waiting for something memorable to actually happen.

Of course when the payoff comes, it's way too late, and the execution can never be good enough because the timing itself wasn't good enough. So you end up hating it in the end.

I didn't expect the anime to start and end in five minutes, obviously. But there needs to be a clear progression path.
If you're going to have two characters dance around each other for twelve whole episodes, playing "mind games", you can't have them end roughly on the same level where they started.

Again, like Moonlighting, I'm not going to wait three full seasons for the director to throw me a (rotten) piece of meat.

In short: Watching Kaguya is the same as watching a football match for 90 minutes, only for it to end 0-0.
Sure, the teams did a fine job mind-controlling each other. The positioning was flawless. There's only one problem: no one actually wants to watch that shit. We came for the goals.
Mar 26, 2021 3:57 AM

May 2018
Is it that romcom about pretentious elitist brats who are trying to outsmart each other for some dumb reasons? No, I don't think it's good.
You can like whatever you want, but creating fanboy-ish tribute topics is absolutely unnecessary.

Mar 26, 2021 3:59 AM

Oct 2018
Yep, I do consider that as one of the funniest anime, when I watched it for the first time, I did enjoy it but when I recently rewatched it, it became one of my favourites and I seriously loved every single episode of it.
I especially like the direction and voice-acting of the anime which makes it really enjoyable.

Mar 26, 2021 4:00 AM

Apr 2020
Kaguya Sama is more than just comedy!

I suggest everyone not to watch this anime just for laughs!

This anime is one of the best anime!

This will become clearer when season Three come out!
Culture Festival Arc is amazing!
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Mar 26, 2021 4:01 AM

Nov 2020
Yeah, I thought it was really funny actually.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2021 4:04 AM

Apr 2020
No, but Kaguya-sama is one of the funny anime, and I think the funniest anime is grand blue..
Mar 26, 2021 4:04 AM

Jan 2019
quite funny
but not on Saiki K. or Grand Blue level
but it's one of my favorite anime for me, especially Season 2
Mar 26, 2021 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
Nemo_Niemand said:
Is it that romcom about pretentious elitist brats who are trying to outsmart each other for some dumb reasons? No, I don't think it's good.
You can like whatever you want, but creating fanboy-ish tribute topics is absolutely unnecessary.

Its not a tribute. I just found it strange that it doesn't get recommended considering how good its ratings are while konosuba and prison school do.
Mar 26, 2021 4:07 AM

Apr 2020
It's good and one of the funniest anime I've watched. Didn't find it boring at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2021 4:07 AM

Oct 2018
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

Kaguya is the anime equivalent of Moonlighting, with Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd. You're stuck there for multiple seasons, getting blue-balled, while waiting for something memorable to actually happen.

Of course when the payoff comes, it's way too late, and the execution can never be good enough because the timing itself wasn't good enough. So you end up hating it in the end.

I didn't expect the anime to start and end in five minutes, obviously. But there needs to be a clear progression path.
If you're going to have two characters dance around each other for twelve whole episodes, playing "mind games", you can't have them end roughly on the same level where they started.

Again, like Moonlighting, I'm not going to wait three full seasons for the director to throw me a (rotten) piece of meat.

In short: Watching Kaguya is the same as watching a football match for 90 minutes, only for it to end 0-0.
Sure, the teams did a fine job mind-controlling each other. The positioning was flawless. There's only one problem: no one actually wants to watch that shit. We came for the goals.

To be honest, I don't have problem with that, I mean I do want to watch progression but I think it is okay for them to end up on roughly the same level if I'm enjoying the episodes which I sure am, not to mention there has been progress.

Mar 26, 2021 4:10 AM

Nov 2019
Whatever2001 said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

Its not a tribute. I just found it strange that it doesn't get recommended considering how good its ratings are while konosuba and prison school do.
it gets recommended like hell everytime there is a discussion about a romcom idk what you mean by it not getting recommended
Mar 26, 2021 4:12 AM

Aug 2018
no. kaguya sama is not one of the funniest, but it's funny enough.
Mar 26, 2021 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
Nachtmonkey2737 said:
Whatever2001 said:

it gets recommended like hell everytime there is a discussion about a romcom idk what you mean by it not getting recommended

Maybe. But when i was looking for good anime in comedy genre, very few people especially on reddit recommended it.
Mar 26, 2021 4:15 AM

Jan 2021
It is definitely funny but for me it is not the funniest, the most I laughed while watching a show was "Grand Blue".
Mar 26, 2021 4:15 AM

Feb 2020
It was one of the the shows where I consistently enjoyed the jokes so it’s probably one of the funniest shows I watched not sure if it’s the funniest out of all the anime I watched.
Mar 26, 2021 4:18 AM

Feb 2020
Exclusively looking at the comedy aspect, it's my second favorite after SKET Dance.
Mar 26, 2021 4:24 AM

Feb 2019
It is funny but 'Daily lives of Highschool Boys' is even funnier.

Watch it

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Mar 26, 2021 4:24 AM

Sep 2020
No, in terms of comedy it made me wanna quit anime as a whole because it was that cringe.
Mar 26, 2021 4:26 AM

Mar 2021
in my opinion, this is very not funny at all. its just aristocratic romance. romcom should look like Chuunibyou
k, imma gonna disappear
Mar 26, 2021 4:27 AM
May 2018
It's definitely a very funny one!

The mind game side is not only true and 100% relatable (you always have to guess what the other person thinks, it's the case for absolutely every relationship), it's also perfectly used in this series. The plans and counters each character thinks of, the incarnation of Chaos theory through Chika's character, the way their feelings clash with their reasonings, the various quid pro quos, the unexpected development in some skits, the breaking of romantic codes...
This series is very clever, for a romcom. It's literally Death Note as a funny romance, and that contrast is what makes it hilarious.

Sadly, it will change from season 3 and onwards. The manga becomes incredibly dull imo, and it gives up a lot on the mind game, which is the very root of the fun in that series... But those first two seasons were awesome.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Mar 26, 2021 4:28 AM

Dec 2015
Kauya-sama is close to becoming one of the best comedy I've watched, not just in anime. The writing always make the show both hilarious and engaging in the drama aspect as well.

I've tried Gran Blue, but at least on its start, it's the exact opposite. The writing always repeat jokes that aren't all that good and most of characters interactions are empty.
Mar 26, 2021 4:32 AM

Jan 2021
non of those comedy anime made me laugh as much as Kaguya-sama, it's a good ass comedy show

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Mar 26, 2021 4:44 AM

Jul 2020
ehh no, in all honesty, Kaguya sama made me laugh but it's not one of the funniest anime in my pick

it's a solid 6/10 rom-com for me.

Matchiu said:
non of those comedy anime made me laugh as much as Kaguya-sama, it's a good ass comedy show

if you haven't watched Saiki kusuo, I'd recommend you to check it out
daedalus11Mar 26, 2021 4:48 AM
Mar 26, 2021 4:49 AM

Sep 2020
Prison school is the most funniest anime I have ever seen
Mar 26, 2021 4:51 AM

Sep 2020
No not that much funny, but it's annoying too. Yes, when it comes to Fujiwara, it's funny.

◽◽◽

ᓚᘏᗢ

◽◽◽

Having lived through trauma and mind-fucking, I'm accustomed to it now.

Mar 26, 2021 4:55 AM

Jul 2019
It has funny moments but it nowhere near funniest anime I have ever seen like Konosuba or Grand Blue
Mar 26, 2021 5:05 AM

Feb 2021
Kaguya-sama has its highs and lows, sometimes it’s funny and other times, not so much.
Mar 26, 2021 5:12 AM

Jan 2020
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

I'll elaborate my point of view as well.

Kaguya-sama is a romcom anime, but it's more a comedy than a romance. Romance is indeed an essential part of the show, but more people enjoy it because of its comedy, which is what this entire thread is about. That said, the romance elements are also very strong. It isn't true that Kaguya and Miyuki's relationship doesn't progress. It really does, but just very slowly and subtly—as I said earlier, that's the entire point of the show. If you don't like it, that's fine.

And I don't usually pull "the popularity card", but since you said "no one actually wants to watch that shit", people DO want to watch it; there's a reason why Kaguya-sama is so beloved and popular.
Mar 26, 2021 5:13 AM

May 2018
Whatever2001 said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

Dunno, this statement is kinda wrong. Konosuba is hated a lot, and Prison School is less popular than Kaguya.

Mar 26, 2021 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
IrrelevantGuy said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

I'll elaborate my point of view as well.

Kaguya-sama is a romcom anime, but it's more a comedy than a romance. Romance is indeed an essential part of the show, but more people enjoy it because of its comedy, which is what this entire thread is about. That said, the romance elements are also very strong. It isn't true that Kaguya and Miyuki's relationship doesn't progress. It really does, but just very slowly and subtly—as I said earlier, that's the entire point of the show. If you don't like it, that's fine.

And I don't usually pull "the popularity card", but since you said "no one actually wants to watch that shit", people DO want to watch it; there's a reason why Kaguya-sama is so beloved and popular.

If you don't usually pull the popularity card, you should keep not doing it, because my observation was never meant to be taken literally.
It was a mere argumentative tool to get my point across, not an affirmation that literally no one, in this entire planet, wants to watch this specific anime.

In other words: I'm letting you know why it doesn't work for me (and people like me).
I could've left it at "Not funny, didn't laugh!", like almost everyone else in this thread, but I felt it actually merited a more in-depth response because you seemed to show some interest.

Also, it is pretty obvious that I'm in the minority here and that most people enjoy the show immensely.
Good for them.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.