Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 25, 2021 11:43 PM

Jul 2019
Aww, so Tsukasa will absent from this series. Can't wait for 3rd season. XD

And what with the 1 vote. It's really disgusting. -_-
ymii_Mar 26, 2021 12:10 AM
Mar 25, 2021 11:58 PM

Dec 2020
rly good ep to end a series !! the scene where senku talked with tsukasa and realised that he's been freezed was probably my fav one from this entire series
Mar 26, 2021 12:01 AM

Mar 2019
It's over!! Can't wait for season 3 though!! It's gonna be so good.

We even got a glimpse of

Yes, let's freaking go!!
Mar 26, 2021 12:07 AM
Feb 2019
Such a satisfying ending. Dr.Stone just keeps getting better and better. Cannot wait for the 3rd season.
Mar 26, 2021 12:22 AM

Jul 2016
MasterHavik said:
SouthRzVa said:
I stated back in S1 how Dr. Stone goes downhill when it embraces its "shounen" essence to the fullest (every confrontation with Tsukasa and that atrocious tournament arc, for example) and since a "war" arc is the most shounen thing this show could have come up with... yeah, this season ended up being as underwhelming as I was expecting. Absolutely no sense of tension nor danger because of course Senkuu and co. managed to fight against a kingdom lead by two murderers without suffering casualties.
Even the inventions got more and more absurd this season. We seriously went from making ramen and glasses to build fucking tanks and cryogenic chambers lmao.

On a good note, at least the comedy was good and entertaining enough because otherwise my score would have been even lower. Chrome's character getting more attention was also quite welcome now that I think of it.

4/10 - Season 3 confirmed. Hopefully, the writing as well as the story will improve now that the group will embark on an adventure to discover the truth behind the petrification beam.
So we're going to ignore the last episode where Senku actually shows emotion? also no stakes of tension.. dude Tsukasa had his lung pierce. Some of guys jsut talk out of your butt sometimes. I loved this arc because... well it sucked to its guns. We asked how are they going to win a war without killing anyone? They did it. What was the goal? They made it obvious to us. I don't know what the show can do for some peopel who like to bitch about shonen as this quite possibly the best way they could have done it.

Why would I be surprised to see Senkuu showing emotions? The dude already showed them back in season one when we learned about his father and the "100 or 1000 tales" thing. The same during this season when he talked with Taiju and Yuzuriha after so long.

Yes, and Ukyou got stabbed in the side with a spear and Hyouga got electrocuted while being soaked and surprise, they both survived because the author likes to ignore logic in these cases. Tsukasa didn't die at the river after getting his lung pierced and potentially collapsed, of course he would make it until Senkuu build a freaking refrigerator to preserve his body a la Walt Disney. Again, this series has no sense of real tension.

Also, what did they do different in order to have a conflict without casualties? Nothing. They just scared some meatheads and when Tsukasa and edgelord Hyouga appeared, the group somehow managed to keep up with a dude who kills lions with bare hands and another one who can create small gusts of wind with his precious spear until Senkuu created nitroglycerin in record time. Come on...
Mar 26, 2021 1:28 AM
Apr 2020
Really great ending with that idle chat being the emotional highlight of the episode. Great to see there's still hope for Tsukasa and its not basic plot armor but something that has been established since season 1 (healing effects of petrification).
10 billion percent excited for the sailing adventures.
"Who am I ? Where do I come from ? Where am I going ? That's all I want to think about"
-Saikawa Sohei
Mar 26, 2021 5:09 AM

May 2017
Another amazing Season of Dr. Stone! Loved it. The characters, the story and the soundtrack. Can't wait for season 3! 9/10
Mar 26, 2021 5:18 AM

Jan 2012
7/10

I would give it a 8 if that thing with glueing the statues and such didn't happen. Ofc all of the science stuff in this show is over the top but this was too unbelieveable that they find from so many people each part to fix them....

I get it, it plays with into i want to find a solution to save everyone but i think the author wrote himself into a corner there.

Also not a critic but what i think is funny, did this happen to tsukasa to make the main team not too strong for the next conflict? xD

Overall i still enjoyed the show quite alot.
Mar 26, 2021 5:59 AM

Feb 2020
Great season, can't wait for season 3!!
9/10.
Mar 26, 2021 6:48 AM

Feb 2014
This was a satisfying ending to this second season of Dr Stone, and one where the emotional moments were a lot stronger than I thought it would be.

Considering that Tsukasa has been the series antagonist all this time until recently, his death in this episode before he was placed in Senku's freezer in the hope to preserve him so that they can find a way to revive him one day was powerful. Not for the first time this week, this got me tearing up as even Senku was struggling to contain his emotions as well. Poor Mirai... ='(

Either way, I did like how everyone got a pirate makeover when Senku told the whole group about plans to build a ship. Pirate Kohaku is pretty hot, I must admit! XD

For now, I might give the Stone Wars arc the same score of 9/10 as season 1. It was short, but it still hit the highs that the previous season hit, so that leaves me happy and wanting more. Bring on the next season!
Mar 26, 2021 7:35 AM

Sep 2018
Beauty123 said:
Whaaaat most people hated it????
Wait a minute!!!
Do those people hate science?????

Bots. The same thing happened to last episodes of ReZero and Yuru Camp...
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 26, 2021 8:30 AM
Oct 2019
This is sad...
Tsukasa going to Cold Sleep...
What a heartbreaking moment.

Hell yeah goes to the Ocean, we clearly didn't switch Anime to One Piece... Lol

Ohh boy the ending scene, new character...
Must be play important role in Season 3.

Dr.Stone Season 2
8/10

Btw, what's up with this 1 score on the poll???
Re Zero has the same problem as well.. wtf
Mar 26, 2021 9:07 AM

Feb 2016
Who the hell voted 1? It’s a good ending wtf?
Mar 26, 2021 9:16 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, fantastic episode! That "idle chit chat" with Tsukasa made me sad as fuck and I've read the manga, that was so well done.

Work is never done for a mangaka even after thousands of years lmao. Man, I love it when everyone just gets together and then builds shit. Yo just casually integrating himself into the science kingdom lmao.

That tease at the end though, this is exhilarating. Wonder when season 3 will come out, hopefully like spring next year, that's my best bet. Well, overall that was a really good season like the first one. 8/10
Mar 26, 2021 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
Great season! Cant wait for season 3.
Mar 26, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2018
rip Tsukasa, you just got freezer'd

not as good as season 1 but still quite enjoyable throughout. I do not like how all the materials are so conveniently available... must be the power of recycling haha

6/10
Mar 26, 2021 10:38 AM

May 2017
Why aren't they trying to revive a doctor? None of them knows medicine and their friend is wounded?

Mar 26, 2021 11:39 AM
Oct 2016
Where are the admins aaaaaaattttttt??????????? Letting bots review bomb this wwwwwwwttttttffffff???????
Mar 26, 2021 11:46 AM
Feb 2020
Why so everyone hating this episode? It was perfect.
Mar 26, 2021 3:09 PM

Nov 2015
The idle chit chat broke my heart. I didn't want to like Tsukasa but the last few episodes have made it difficult. Clever way to take him out of picture without killing him... He can't overpower the good guys, but he's there for future use. I hope he makes an appropriate comeback.

Fun season, really enjoyed it. I'm excited for the third. I mean, a pirate ship arc?? Hell yeah! I'm all for it.
Mar 26, 2021 5:49 PM
Nov 2018
Bots all of those 1 of 5? I think it was a good adaptation, next arc is my fav. cant wait.
Mar 26, 2021 6:30 PM
Sep 2008
Adindata said:
Aww, so Tsukasa will absent from this series. Can't wait for 3rd season. XD

And what with the 1 vote. It's really disgusting. -_-

some bot army, they did they same thing for re:zero
Mar 26, 2021 6:34 PM
Feb 2019
My view on Tsukasa has changed this season. Before I saw him as a brute who broke the Statues he deemed as unnecessary without remorse. However, that all changed when I learned that back in the old world he did all of those Matches and TV appearances so he could pay for the medical expenses of his younger sister. He also expressed remorse for the statues he destroyed and told Senku their locations which spoke volume to me. Glad to see Yuzuriha and Senku found a way to repair and revive the shattered statues. Also, sweet that manga has been reintroduced to the world through the revival of the manga artist. Wonder what new adventures and foes await senku and Co.

Rooting for Senku x Kohaku ship.
Mar 26, 2021 6:43 PM

Jul 2010
Tsukasa picking Taiju and Chrome was very wholesome.

Their pirate clothes were cool. Yuzuriha <3

The finger snapping guy at the end is the mastermind? We will see.
Mar 26, 2021 7:16 PM

Apr 2020
Oh my gosh! This is only the prologue? WHAAAAAT. Looking forward to season 3! I'm gonna miss Senku tho. Hope the next season is going to be longer. ( ー人ー)|||~~~

»»————- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇs ʜᴇʀᴇ ————-««
Mar 26, 2021 7:35 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
What are all those 1s...? The comments are generally positive and obviously the quality of the episode contradicts those numbers, so they must be sort of counterfeit votes but I am wondering how and why.
Anyway, great season finale. I gave 9 to the first season but it was more an 8.5 ceiled. This season 2 is even better, a full 9/10 for me with no doubt. I am so hyped for the season 3, I guess there will be enough material for at least 2 more season.
Mar 26, 2021 7:47 PM
Jun 2020
Farmaceut said:
Beauty123 said:
Whaaaat most people hated it????
Wait a minute!!!
Do those people hate science?????

Bots. The same thing happened to last episodes of ReZero and Yuru Camp...
sad indeed🥺🥺
Mar 26, 2021 7:55 PM
Nov 2015
let's hope they don't rush the next season. It'll need at least 24 episodes to reach the end of the next arc.
Mar 26, 2021 9:40 PM

Oct 2008
Didn't enjoy stone wars as much as first season, couldn't look over all the asspulls and plot holes.
Mar 27, 2021 1:46 AM

Jun 2015
This season felt a bit rushed, but at the same time I liked it very much!

Mar 27, 2021 2:11 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Two seasons were no more than the prologue? My expectations got even higher for the story. I wonder if something w<ill shock them as soon as they hit the land, like find other people or something. Great season.
Mar 27, 2021 2:52 AM

Apr 2017
Holy shit! I'm not crying, you're crying...

Tsukasa freezing gave me chills (see what I did there).

Can't wait for the next season: Dr. Piece.
Mar 27, 2021 3:52 AM
Apr 2016
akihikosama said:
Didn't enjoy stone wars as much as first season, couldn't look over all the asspulls and plot holes.

Yeah same and it was a lot more shonen-ish, which is a bit anti climatic for a science theme imo
Mar 27, 2021 5:23 AM
Oct 2020
The ending is great, I am so hyped for new adventures of main characters. It's gonna be really interesting to see how they will make it across th ocean and what they will find in foreign lands. Also now I appreciate Tsukasa a bit more, though it's still hard for me to forgive his willing to kill people, even if their statues will be repaired. But now I don't see him as just a tyrant asshole who thinks only about power, I can understand his circumstances and feel a little sorry for him. Hope he won't die
Mar 27, 2021 5:24 AM

Apr 2020
Build a ship and cross the sea ?! I can't wait for the sequel
Mar 27, 2021 7:01 AM

Dec 2016
Xenocrisi said:
So bots weren’t happy with giving tons of 1s to Re:Zero’s finale, now also to Dr.Stone? Lmao
Someone got no life

When now even episodes scores are becoming pointless on MAL...
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 27, 2021 9:49 AM
May 2020
It's hilarious how the winner of the poll results is "hated it" but the majority of comments are very positive LOL
Mar 27, 2021 10:29 AM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 27, 2021 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
Dr Stone turned into One Piece real quick on season Finale, i can't wait for more adventure to come, maybe there are more unpetrified people out there already making their own civilization somewhere.

I'm so curious about the light that petrified them in the first place, what kind of Alien tech is that, so i'm expecting more plot twists to come.

Overall score 8/10, i'm ready for the 3rd season
Mar 27, 2021 3:03 PM

Aug 2017
Great ending to a great season of a great anime, although I definetely expected more than 11 episodes. I'll be waiting for season 3.
Mar 27, 2021 3:10 PM

Jul 2020
Yeah, this season was a bit of downgrade for me. It was clear to me at least that action, fights, and overall tension was weaker than S1. That said, I will look forward to S3 and hopefully the author doesn't go back to "shounen fights"... 6/10
Mar 27, 2021 5:07 PM
Aug 2018
Incredible. This show is just incredible. It's legit one of the only anime that's ever made me cry for real... I just get so hyped up when I think about it. We literally did all that in real life! It's so inspiring!!! I absolutely CANNOT wait for S3
Mar 27, 2021 5:18 PM

Mar 2019
WTF Is happening in MAL this season..

I already saw at least 6 series with over 1k+ 1/5 ratings in last episode...

Damn Bots...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 27, 2021 5:41 PM
May 2019
I don't understand this episode's ratings. It was a good finale, emotional and full of perspectives for season 3. An adventure over seas... not bad at all! I imagine some will be left behind, to take care of Tsukasa, to awake people up, etc, but I don't know who I want in the ship. How are we gonna live without some wonderful characters? But they have to leave place for new ones.

GREAT. SHOW.
Mar 27, 2021 8:12 PM

Jul 2016
Medutce said:
Such a satisfying ending. Dr.Stone just keeps getting better and better. Cannot wait for the 3rd season.

Was okay.

Glad this silly stone wars is over and we get back to hopefully palling around looking for cool stuff.
Mar 27, 2021 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
my weekly enjoyment is over!!! gonna wait for S3!!!
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 27, 2021 10:22 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
I voted 1 because the series sucked. And honestly, my opinion is worth 10x any of y'all's.
Mar 27, 2021 11:26 PM

Sep 2018
OO I was worried on what would happen next. the last scene would've been cool with a one piece reference!
Mar 28, 2021 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
The ending feels like the following season is gonna be even better. Despite of this season having just 11 episodes, its still entertaining to watch till the end. Does it look like him or was that really Senku petrified in the ending? o.o
Mar 28, 2021 5:05 AM

Mar 2016
I knew the finger snapping guy would be shown in some way this episode. It's funny to think that he got petrified while snapping his fingers.

I don't understand why Senkuu got emotional while freezing Tsukasa. They weren't that close, and Tsukasa would come back anyway.

I remember reading this in the manga and being horrified to learn that you kill people when you're cryogenically freezing them. I can't imagine resurrecting a dead person. But, I've heard of a bird of an extinct species that was frozen, and then brought back to life when the ice had melted.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

130 by sadsaggyballs »»
Mar 27, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

181 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2021

168 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

129 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 18, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: Stone Wars Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2021

134 by KoniginElle »»
Mar 15, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.