Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No giving up!

While Seiin struggles to keep up after that set, it looks like their determination is still strong among its team members. Episode actually turned out to be decent (well compared to others). The second half especially bought out the intensity of the match including the time and score.

Those spikes are no joke. One of the better episodes imo.
Mar 18, 2021 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
damn this episode was really tense, so much volleyball action, that ending though... wonder how this'll turn out
Mar 18, 2021 10:52 AM

Jun 2019
This might be the best episode of this show so far. Lots of volleyball action. Lots of deuces. And good volleyball from both teams. I'm really cheering for Fukuho and Subaru's team. This was the most intense episode so far. That cliffhanger tho. Just one more episode left.
Mar 18, 2021 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
I don't even need to ship them when those boys are shipping themselves, in just one cour it has more fanservice than the entire Haikyu story.
Mar 18, 2021 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Animation team really went hard at it for this episode. Very clean stuff. It's a bit sad that this is coming to a close and that this series will be underappreciated because of the haikyuu zealots but I guess it is what it is.
Mar 18, 2021 11:59 AM
Oct 2019
My god where to even begin?...
-Yuni canonically gets a nosebleed over Chika telling him that he wants everyone to see how awesome he is
-Subaru and Ochi,,,,everything about them,,,,
Also this whole match is just,,,AA it's so good!! i've never felt more betrayed by an episode ending thoughhhh
Mar 18, 2021 12:20 PM
Mar 2021
That feeling when the ending was coming to an end and no after credits scene! THE AGONY
Mar 18, 2021 12:59 PM
Dec 2020
I really loved this episode tbh I kinda wanna go for fukuho but I really like seiin too and if it turn out oda has been practicing this whole time to get better then I think seiin definitely deserves this without a doubt regardless I love both teams and can’t wait for the final episode
Mar 18, 2021 1:14 PM

Jul 2017
Subaru Mimura is such a sporting player, the way he tries to taunt Yuni and Haijima in a proper sportsmanship manner, I respect him for that for trying to keep his team morale consistent: Unyielding is his motto.

We've come so far to see the relationship of Yuni and Haijima go from being bloke to broken to amending each other's place in each of their lives, and honest to God, it's been quite the ride for such a convoluted story of character drama amidst the Haikyuu backdrop of intense volleyball, but there's no turning back now.

The final throes of Set 4 for the comeback of Seiin losing to Fukuho 1-2 by match point after match point, the persistence is STRONG for deuces, and that is accompanied by DavidPro's great animation carried forward from last week's episode.

And into Set 5, the intensity rocks up for the 1st 15-point counter in a collective team effort of pacing each other's pointers. A bit sad for Ochi who sacrificed his arm and couldn't play together with Subaru, but at the very least, the cheers keep giving.

The revelation of the shortest vs. tallest player...that'll decide the ending.
Mar 18, 2021 1:41 PM
Sep 2020
i don't know how to explain, but this was a great episode. Like, i felt that Chika and Yuni and getting approached because of the volleyball and because they're in the same team. They're literally establishing a type of connection between bros. And that part of the game had me nervous. Oh my god, but it's a good episode tho, like the best.
Mar 18, 2021 2:46 PM

Jun 2020
The only good part was Kuroba getting a nosebleed because he was horny.
Mar 18, 2021 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
It's almost over. Seiin better win this. Subaru needs to be taken down a peg.

Mar 18, 2021 4:01 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
This guy with the broken arm, no joke, needs to shut up.

I'm tired of hearing this homie's thoughts, I'm just trying to watch the final round in peace.
Mar 18, 2021 5:41 PM

Apr 2009
Does the whole staff ship Ochi and Subaru or what. They have completely taken over the story lol.

Mar 18, 2021 6:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, as already predicted, the game went to the long-exhausted way to determined the real winner. Yuni back into action again, after realizing Chika's worry to his surrounding. Meanwhile, in the other side of the bench, Subaru kept the surrounding of the team under his own protection. One man's team still held his breath pretty good, when the Genius one already spreaded his burden and anxiety through the whole team, and ofc to the beloved friend, Kuroba Yuni, too. The end fate has been already sealed, honestly. Even the manager of Subaru's team, Ochi, whose arrived to complete the cast, already knew the end deal. However, Haijima couldn't let it end like that. He was truly enjoyed every seconds of those thrilling moments. Then the show granted it with such a long two-parter more episodes, to make it all done....

Fine direction, imho.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 18, 2021 8:02 PM
Jan 2021
kuroba's nose bleed when chika complimented him .. so cute. also when he wanted chika to push him on the back before the match :') love them
Mar 18, 2021 9:33 PM
Jan 2021
Can anyone plz tell me about this anime dub??? Like when it might come out is it out?
Thx
Mar 18, 2021 9:57 PM

Oct 2017
There was like 5 minutes of game screentime lol. Anyway damn what a cliffhanger, the ball fell but did it fall on this side or the other? Gotta wait till next episode to find out.
Mar 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Aug 2020
I totally switched sides from seiin to Fukuho . Subaru is actually a better player than Haijima cuz he has more spirit.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 19, 2021 12:31 AM

Jan 2021
I loved this episode! I know I should be cheering for Seiin but I just really want Fukuho to win this. Like their team more. The volleyball scenes are really well animated and hype me up. As for Yuni getting a nosebleed after Chika complimented him, we been knew. And everybody is a simp for Ochi. I don't even need to ship Subaru and Ochi when all the characters already do it themselves. Ngl both Subaru and Ochi are my favorite characters so far.
As for people complaining about there not being enough volleyball action, by now you should really realize that it's not shounen sports, rather drama sports so don't expect this anime to be something it is not. I quite like how the characters are flawed and feel like real people. Just one more week left :( really hoping this gets a new season.
Mar 19, 2021 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
this was actually a good episode.it's obvious seiin is gonna win but i feel bad for fukuho too...
Mar 19, 2021 2:37 AM

Dec 2020
ochi and chika's self thinking monologue kinda comes out of nowhere so i didnt rly feel for any of them but the intensity of this episode's match was great. cant believe the next is the last one
Mar 19, 2021 4:33 AM

Mar 2016
This is so gay. I have read BL that're less gay than this. Wish we could at least get a kiss on the cheek or hand holding or something in this anime.

Subaru actually came to apologise. That was nice of him. Because he's this arc's antagonist, the story shows him like he's a threat. But it's nice to see him being a normal boy every once in a while.

I want Seiin to win because the story would feel anti climactic if they don't. But, I also want Fukuho to win because they've worked harder and have people who may not be ale to continue volleyball after this. The plot makes me desire one thing, whereas the characters make me desire something different. I hope the next episode solves everything in a satisfying way.

I like that the matches here are short and to the point. If I wanted a full volleyball match, I'd watch an actual volley ball match.

Blushing Yuni should be illegal. He's too cute!!
Mar 19, 2021 5:04 AM
Aug 2020
I'm just put my expectation to high to this I'm not comparing this to haikyuu but instead what it's give us new content or story I guess drama is fine, the drama in 1 to 3 is great but afterwards more drama to come feels I don't know what they trying to give us well last ep next week I'm not expecting so much how the series will end.
Mar 19, 2021 8:29 AM
May 2011
I share Haijima's thoughts: I didn't want this episode to end. At least not like this. The credits rolled, and all I wanted was two more minutes, maybe another after credits scene, but no dice. Actually looking forward to next week.

MrAnime-MSA said:
Can anyone plz tell me about this anime dub??? Like when it might come out is it out?
Thx

No announcement from Funimation on dubbing this series. While they are dubbing select popular shows from this season, I'd say they are generally behind due to the pandemic. They recently announced dubs for shows from Summer 2020, so maybe this show gets one in the future.
Mar 19, 2021 8:53 AM
Jan 2021
Fail_Man_X said:
I share Haijima's thoughts: I didn't want this episode to end. At least not like this. The credits rolled, and all I wanted was two more minutes, maybe another after credits scene, but no dice. Actually looking forward to next week.

MrAnime-MSA said:
Thx

No announcement from Funimation on dubbing this series. While they are dubbing select popular shows from this season, I'd say they are generally behind due to the pandemic. They recently announced dubs for shows from Summer 2020, so maybe this show gets one in the future.
okay I'm not in a rush so I can wait...Thx for telling
Mar 19, 2021 9:27 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Definitely the best episode of the show so far. That dump at the beginning of the fifth set actually really caught me by surprise lmao, that was well done.

For a second there I thought there was gonna be more drama with Subaru's knees, but glad it didn't. That last scene with the ink artstyle was nice.
Mar 19, 2021 10:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Probably the best episode so far, the match is tense for sure and it really feels like the peak of the anime
Mar 19, 2021 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Our game is getting better and better, the game is about to end I hope Seiin wins.
Mar 19, 2021 4:54 PM

Dec 2020
a nosebleed? seriously? make it a bl already! why are you so stubborn?
Mar 19, 2021 7:52 PM
Jun 2020
cheering on for Fukuho lol
Mar 20, 2021 12:59 AM
May 2017
Tragic rating that keeps dropping but I've enjoyed this show.
Mar 20, 2021 4:49 AM
Mar 2017
phantomfandom said:
I don't even need to ship them when those boys are shipping themselves, in just one cour it has more fanservice than the entire Haikyu story.
Lmao, obviously guy. Cause haikyuu is a sports anime and not dumb fujo bait. The story didn't need pandering to become popular since its great by itself.
Mar 20, 2021 10:37 PM

Oct 2008
intense match! both are on par with each other till 5th set!
but personally i wanna let Seiin win cuz i don't like the attitude of Mimura! lolz
5/5.

Mar 21, 2021 12:21 AM
Oct 2019
I'm literally screaming when they end the Episode...
God damn the cliffhanger lol
Can't wait for the finale...
Mar 22, 2021 11:11 AM
Jul 2017
this episode was saved by Oda. The rest of the cast is shit.
Mar 23, 2021 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
Yo! What's with this episode's OST? Freaking amazing!

Best episode in terms of volleyball action. Good to know this show can also reach "Haikyuu!!" levels of entertainment if they put their mind on it.

Honestly, I still want Fukuho to win but man, I also want short team captain Oda to get the huge gratification of being able to block Subaru's powerful blow. Anyways, we'll see how this all ends next week.
SouthRzVaMar 23, 2021 7:22 PM
May 12, 2021 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
Animation at the last part of Subaru trying to score a point was pretty great, but damn that cliffhanger can't wait to find out if Seiin team won or lost the match.

Jun 3, 2023 8:48 PM

Dec 2022
Oda probably tanked the hit with his face lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

64 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 12:15 PM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

43 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:42 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

35 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:24 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2021

53 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 13, 10:37 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

155 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 13, 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.