Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2021 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm not surprised to see Emma talking sense into Norman and consider his recent actions. All hell broke loose in that town after all. Norman's mental breakdown this episode also didn't surprise me but I'm glad he was able to show his emotions to his friends.

We got more storytelling about their world and timeline again, which is an important part of this series.

Really hope the kids have a solid plan about their future.
Mar 11, 2021 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was pretty nice, the resolution was quite good but felt like it could've been handled a little bit better, kinda weird how everyone just switched all of a sudden and stuff but whatever. looks like they've got a plan now so we'll see how that turns out, hope it works out and cant wait to see phil and the others again. also, that ending scene... knew that guy was sus
Mar 11, 2021 10:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're really going back to Grace Field like that, they don't think if it's a trap or not, but at least they have the plan + more information.
But yeah that end is gonna be interesting for sure
Mar 11, 2021 10:25 AM
Nov 2020
It was another sudden change of events but I'm interested to see how they'll end it in 11 episodes. Or maybe there will be a season 3?
Mar 11, 2021 10:27 AM

Feb 2019
Rahin said:
It was another sudden change of events but I'm interested to see how they'll end it in 11 episodes. Or maybe there will be a season 3?

Nah it’s definitely ending in 11.
Mar 11, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Norman's plan of the Demons' genocide has proceeded to waste Ray and Emma's deal of bringing only Sonju and Mujika, and so Emma's determination to talk some sense into Norman is truly beneficial to regaining his humanity.

To directly confront the Lambda 7214 teens with that confession straight from the heart, it takes a great deal on Norman's behalf to find closure with them.

BUT the trouble is not over with Peter Ratri, the Demons, and even Sister Isabella. Forcing all the remaining Grace Field kids with the Lambda drug treatment (what Norman went through) is just insane, and at this point where it's crucial.

It's just sad hearing Vylk's backstory of the demons suffering from time past and present for 700 years of leaving the demons hanging in lambast and extinction, and now having that change of responsibility handed over to the Grace Field escapees and Lambda teens signify that hope of change. The damage is done on Norman's part of misguidance, but what's to come is especailly important for both humans and demons.

For once, Emma got the best of both worlds: her decision to save humans and demons, and now, saving the remainder of the Grace Field kids. Let's hope that their plan goes without a hitch against the detractors.
Mar 11, 2021 10:29 AM

Feb 2019
After the pretty good anime original episode last week, I felt this one was a return to the subpar form of the second season. Conflicts being resolved too damn quickly with no tension at all. Killing yuugo off with some bullshit..

Next week they’re heading back to Grace field house.. does that mean no queen fight?

2 episodes left, I don’t know how everything gets wrapped up... anime original third season too? God I hope not.

I did think Vylk’s backstory was a nice addition, but that alone doesn’t save what’s going on in the show.
Mar 11, 2021 10:33 AM

Oct 2017
Putting aside the fact that how easily Norman's lackeys turned over a new leaf this episode was quite emotional. We got a lot of more info and it's time to get gracefield back.
Mar 11, 2021 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
Whoa so convenient haha! 10/10 best writing ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2021 10:38 AM

Jun 2019
Norman finally realized that he was doing wrong to the demons. Emma really made him change his mind. But, the Phil and others are gonna be shipped soon. So, they'll have to be rescued. There's still hope for them to be rescued as Fylk gave Emma a pen piece which gives a lot of info. on Grace field. Looks like a rescue mission is on the way.
Oh no, looks like there's an imposter among us.
Mar 11, 2021 10:40 AM

Nov 2016
Makes me appreciate the manga a lot more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 11, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2020
Did not expect that ending. Quite an enjoyable and emotional episode on the whole, was better than the earlier episodes for sure!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 11, 2021 10:44 AM

Nov 2018
I now have some hope that it may not be a complete trainwreck at all, let's hope they don't fuck up the remaining two episodes. But yeah, everything feels rushed af tho.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
Mar 11, 2021 10:53 AM

Jul 2015
Okay lol... that pen also had a thingy of curing the lambda given disease.. HOW CONVENIENT..
but boi.. this is so much forced.. i.. dun even know what to say.. Barbruh can easily eat demons flesh but not hit a child? was the demon not a human(lol)
the way everyone turned over new leaf.. this is waay over naruto's talk no jutsu..
and ofc! its all thanks to Emma!
Mar 11, 2021 11:00 AM
Oct 2016
Well that was decently anticlimactic. Emma and Ray just asked Norman to stop and he was like sure I guess I will. Don't get me wrong I'm glad that no more of the innocent demons got murdered and those scenes of them all eating each other while their family members screamed wasn't pleasant however things kinda just stopped. Mujika and Sonju giving their blood away to help them was nice. Now that who is village is like them, doesn't need to eat humans. That's a good and bad thing since it potentially could disrupt the power structure the demons at the top have. We saw a higher up demon speak to Peter Ratri about restating the Lambda experiments. Isabella coming up with her plan to trick the kids to return to Grace Field. Idk how these last two episodes are gonna go, considering them going back to their home was the final manga arc, with all the changes and reordering that's been done, I suppose we'll see.
Mar 11, 2021 11:04 AM
Jan 2019
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse
I genuinely can't understand how people still watching this and liking it.
Mar 11, 2021 11:05 AM

Jan 2021
Finally they show Isabella. I wonder how she became grandma. Overall this episode was really good and hopefully they finish the season off good. Unfortunately at the pace they are going it is looking like they won't have a season 3.
Mar 11, 2021 11:06 AM

Jan 2021
Well, at least the city attack has been resolved, evangelization for the entire Lambda group xd
Isabella finally appears, fuck Vincent
Mar 11, 2021 11:07 AM

Nov 2019
Hmm...considering how deep-rooted their hatred was for demons, I'm kinda surprised Norman's subordinates changed their tune so quickly.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 11, 2021 11:07 AM
Jun 2020
I HATE MOTHERFUCKING TRAITORS
Mar 11, 2021 11:08 AM

Apr 2018
I understand they decided to go full original to make sure the story ends at the 11th episode of this season, but I'm seeing they're forcing some heavy stuff around too easily... and that "betrayal" at the end doesn't help me see any way to end it in the last 2 episodes left
Mar 11, 2021 11:09 AM

Aug 2020
So somebody is going to betray them, I'm assuming. Or..?
Mar 11, 2021 11:16 AM
Apr 2020
Well Norman took all of 2 minutes of Talk no Jutsu to suddenly drop all the planning he'd done because.. well he didn't want to do it in the first place. And Norman is supposed to be the smartest kid in decades. Such brilliant writing man.

The old demon just happens to have everything that the kids need, because obviously he does. He also manages to safely keep a tiiiny pen cap for 15 years.
Sonju has forgotten he wanted to eat the kids.

Obviously the biggest predicament, that Norman was going to die is resolved as the pen somehow has a cure for the disease he has; because obviously it does.

Norman's followers obviously just forget everything that happened to them because Boss Norman changed his mind.

Now all the kids go back to Grace Field and fight a one episode old villain.
With the shit its pulling, wouldn't be surprised if big bad momma sacrifices herself to save the kids, because well..convenience.
They already have a free route back to the human world so obviously they'll get through without sacrifices again.

A completely botched anime which somehow made the story even worse than it was in the manga during the later arcs.
Proper dumpster fire.
Mar 11, 2021 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
Mmmmm, while I did like this episode, not sure I'm gonna like the ending, depending how it goes. All seems that they're just gonna get captured again.
Mar 11, 2021 11:23 AM
Apr 2020
The old demon they saved, who lives in some random unknown isolated town, just so happens to have a cap that just so happens to be compatible with the kids' pen that just so happens to contain a detailed map of the farms AND the guard patterns AND the CURE for Norman's 'deadly disease' .

What the fuck?
Mar 11, 2021 11:24 AM
Jun 2020
Did I miss an episode? The pacing is horrible. We go from an unbearably slow pace at the start of the season to literally speedrunning through to the ending.
Mar 11, 2021 11:25 AM
May 2020
first aot manga and now this I’m really sick and tired of talk no jutsu resolving everything everytime
Mar 11, 2021 11:28 AM

Aug 2016
So Norman turned his back on his plan and then convinced his demon hating friends to also throw away their hatred all in the space of about three minutes.
Then old man demon happens to have an item that has the full blueprints to Grace Field, including where the human world gate is and the cure for Norman and his buddies..... that's convenient.
This show actually has someone decent doing the Series Composition, so how is it so bad.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 11, 2021 11:28 AM
Apr 2020
Need to escape Lamda? Easy

Need to escape the elite soldiers raiding your hideout? Easy

Need to escape the giant monster hunting you? Easy

Need to kill all the demons? Easy

Need to find Sonju and Mujica who could be anywhere n 5 days? Easy

Need to convince Norman to stop his plan? Easy

Need to convince the others who promised to devote their remaining life to killing demons to stop doing just that? Easy

Need to find a way to infiltrate grace field again? Easy

Need a cure for the deadly lambda side effects? Easy

Need to find a way to reach the human world? Easy
Mar 11, 2021 11:30 AM

Dec 2020
The episode was okay. Like there were some good parts. The old demon's backstory was good. But he managed to store a small cap for 15 years while here I can't find where my brand new pen is. Norman maybe will change sides but Barbara used to eat demon meat without any second thoughts. And now she couldn't kill a demon? Some parts were rushed asf but it was a decent episode.
Mar 11, 2021 11:33 AM

Nov 2019
I really want to know how they're planning on wrapping this up in just 2 more episodes.
Will there be a time slip involved?
Mar 11, 2021 11:36 AM

Dec 2020
Psyborgrey said:
I really want to know how they're planning on wrapping this up in just 2 more episodes.
Will there be a time slip involved?

Dunno lol. So, Vincent has to atleast try to betray them, the group has to infiltrate Grace Field. Save everyone. ( And still they won't have any casualties which is unbelievable). Then they have to find the formula or something to cure their disease and then I don't know? Go back to the Human World? Too much to fit in 2 episodes. Unless they rush everything. Even Isabella is involved now.
Mar 11, 2021 11:36 AM
Apr 2020
Okay so a girl who eats demon flesh hesitates to kill a demon child. And also the ultimate form of plot convenience.
Mar 11, 2021 11:41 AM
Jun 2015
This is some bullshit. The writing is so trash. Two episodes till this abomination finally ends then I can wash out this taste with some Shaman King greatness
Mar 11, 2021 11:43 AM

Jun 2019
This was by far the worst episode of the season.

Norman changes his mind rather quickly. He convinces his followers to do the same (and they quickly accept despite being depicted as very vengeful). Mujika stops the damage of the attack and will jow start spreading her blood again. They get a pen piece that shows them where everything in headquarters is located even drugs to cure their side effects. Isabella is now Grandma despite doing nothing this entire season. And Vincent is a traitor now.

It is all so abrupt, so contradictory to their characters, and so rushed. I have been on the side of defending this season from what I saw as overreacting criticism, but after this episode I can’t defend this season.
Mar 11, 2021 11:45 AM
Mar 2021
It wasn't the worst episode out of this season but it was lackluster with no tension. My favorite episode so far has to the episode from last week. Besides the point it was nice to see Vlyk's backstory (I hope I'm spelling his name right, sorry if I didn't.) I feel like I should be more excited since there are only 2 episodes left but I'm not feeling anything. I'm not as invested in the characters like I were in season 1. I feel like something is missing from this season as a whole and I can't put my finger on it, maybe there will be a part 2 but I highly doubt it (and quite frankly I don't want another part/season). Overall I give this episode a 3/5
Mar 11, 2021 11:53 AM

Feb 2021
Good old talk no jutsu makes its debut in Yakusoku no Neverland. Will be interesting to see how they wrap this up in just 2 episodes.
Mar 11, 2021 11:55 AM

Nov 2017
so everyone's just gonna forget that quickly that norman attempted mass genocide?

all the lambda kids just completely change just like that??

they went from "norman you better not be hesitating, we are killing all of the demons" to "norman you don't wanna kill the demons, and that's fine we won't either" in like the span of 10 minutes

and out of fucking nowhere they have the piece of the pen that holds the key to everything they need?? with no build-up?! the old demon just happened to have it?!

fuck this, this shit's garbage
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Mar 11, 2021 11:56 AM
Jan 2018
The quality was much higher than previous episodes. I actually enjoyed but still, it’s too far gone to save it unfortunately
Mar 11, 2021 12:22 PM

Jul 2020
I had a feeling it was a trap as soon as I heard they mentioned that Grace Field is shipping ALL children(Phil and others) at once.
Damn Vincent, you traitor!

That moment when Emma heard she has the exact same name, was an adorable touch

Mar 11, 2021 12:23 PM
Jan 2021
Wow, this episode was so bad. First 10 minutes... we rush EVERYONE IN NORMAN'S TEAM JUST DECIDING TO NO LONGER KILL DEMONS CAUSE THEY ALL SAW THEMSELVES IN THEM. I am very pro don't kill the demons but the fact that norman switched so quickly when he's supposed to ride this out till the bitter end because of how much lambda changed him. and the others. grrr. makes me so mad. THEN DEMON GRAMPS SHOWS UP AND GIVES THEM DEUS EX MACHINA PEN CAP THAT TELLS THEM THE CURE TO LAMBDA DEATH AND A PERFECT MAP OF GRACE FIELD AND HOW TO ESCAPE OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BAD HOLY SHIT.

at least little demon emma is cute.

And at least Vincent isn't putting up with the instant change of heart of his buds but still there is no way his betrayal can be as compelling as Norman staying on kill demon side would be.
Mar 11, 2021 12:36 PM
Dec 2020
Bullshit absolute fucking bullshit I just finished reading the goody pond arc and that’s the first thing I’m angry about why wasn’t it adapted ? Tf also Emma pulled a fucking Talk no Jutsu on Norman like wtf the pacing is terrible zazie and barbra are so quick to change there minds AND SOMEHOW NOW THEY CAN CURE THEMSELVES FROM THE LAMBDA SEZIURES ????!! ABSOUlTE DOGSHIT it’s clearly trying to fill in plot holes anyway this is the end of my rant...

I wish clover works and the mangaka the best.
Mar 11, 2021 12:43 PM

Jul 2015
So, I assume that due to Convinient Writing, Emma's unrealistic pipe dream of peace between Humans and Demons somehow will become a reality and as Mary Sue she degraded into, she will manage to have things both ways. This is some SAO level of writing right there.

Mar 11, 2021 12:45 PM

Jun 2020
And in just one episode Norman gets talk no jutsued out of his plan...

Wow. I did not think this could get any worse.

So much potential from the last episode. Way to execute.
Mar 11, 2021 12:47 PM

Jun 2020
juniorrrbello said:
first aot manga and now this I’m really sick and tired of talk no jutsu resolving everything everytime
Nah man SnK manga did not have talk no jutsu and even if you were to argue that it did it was not nearly as bad as this episode's
Mar 11, 2021 12:56 PM
Jul 2020
getting fucking tired of emma being such a fucking bitch about everything
Mar 11, 2021 1:06 PM

Nov 2016
JokerVentura said:
So Norman turned his back on his plan and then convinced his demon hating friends to also throw away their hatred all in the space of about three minutes.
Then old man demon happens to have an item that has the full blueprints to Grace Field, including where the human world gate is and the cure for Norman and his buddies..... that's convenient.
This show actually has someone decent doing the Series Composition, so how is it so bad.

I believe nobody cares anymore and there's only so much you can do in 11 episodes to wrap the whole thing up xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 11, 2021 1:12 PM
Jul 2020
UkRs said:
Okay lol... that pen also had a thingy of curing the lambda given disease.. HOW CONVENIENT..
but boi.. this is so much forced.. i.. dun even know what to say.. Barbruh can easily eat demons flesh but not hit a child? was the demon not a human(lol)
the way everyone turned over new leaf.. this is waay over naruto's talk no jutsu..
and ofc! its all thanks to Emma!
same i wanted total destruction, i wanted to see that hammer smash
Mar 11, 2021 1:13 PM

Jun 2014
Ok so.....that happened lol. So they turned Vincent into a rat eh, let's see how that plays out now that Isabella is gaining intel about their plan. And the convenience of that tiny ass pen cap that the old demon was holding onto.....my god, I know this season has been rough but even by the standards that have been set up to this point, that's just plain ridiculous writing.
thebrentinator24Mar 11, 2021 1:30 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 11, 2021 1:21 PM

Feb 2016
What sort of fool are you taking me for? what the fuck is this shit? Barbara... OF ALL PEOPLE, DOUBTING!!!? I'd understand Norman... but Barbara? you gotta be kidding me. This show is insulting my intelligence.

And now, conveniently, everyone finds out about a cure for lambda's side effects... LMFAO

Shirai, retire now and never ever try to create another story.

I'm amazed that there are people that still likes this shit.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

508 by Term4738 »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.