Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2021 8:58 AM

Jun 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder who kissed the mc, he seems to be really bothered by it....

On the other hand SPEAKING OF HANDS, THEY HELD HANDS , Ichika seems to have made up her mind and she's not holding back anymore, as best girl, I approve. She's even refusing to pay the full rent all by herself now! Now the quints are all forced to get a job to help pay it...

Nino and Miku's rivalry keeps growing and the intensity keeps escalating, but I guess Nino should be in the lead now that she got a job at the same cafe as Fuutarou and she seems to be going hard, an unstoppable train with broken brakes. Choo Choo

Starting their 3rd year of high school, all the quints are now in the same class together with Fuu, this will definitely make things more interesting.
Mar 4, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
It's great that the Nakano quintuplets are going out of their way to share the workload of the once-family breadwinner Ichika, now that they're living in a rented apartment altogether to settle the cost of their rented apartment...and so is more of the love affection offense towards Fuutarou.

And back to school being 3rd Years, the fascination of all 5 sisters in the same class sure takes the class by surprise. The handsome Takeda aside Fuutarou teaching the classmates of Class 3-1 how to recognize them is a good starting point, if there's anything to go by.

The most important occasion: Fuutarou's birthday, and in secret preparation while he is constantly messed up in a lot of things, from Yotsuba's class rep enthusiasm to Nino working better than him in his part-time bakery work (with all the work passed onto her, which is work cruelty). It's especially that Nino earned her spot working in the same part-time job as Fuutarou, yet the distance between them grows more distant.

But dang, there's no turning back going for the offensive, and it shows...especially with Ichika, being on the sidelines and yet, holding nothing back. The disguise of Ichika into Miku more or less confirms her attack...and man, I don't wanna imagine of the REAL Miku finding out about this.
KANLen09Mar 4, 2021 1:45 PM
Mar 4, 2021 10:26 AM

Mar 2019
Time flies by...already last year in highschool and his bday is coming as well... This will surely a good present...

Ichika is totally on the offensive now...even playing the Miku disguise in the end...it's probably not really fair play but who cares? I wonder what Miku will react when she knows this.

Mar 4, 2021 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
oh wow this episode was pretty nice, they're finally all 3rd years. nino making moves and the others jobs too; itsuki being the food reviewer was pretty funny lol. ichika is actually a pretty big actor i guess, that scene with her and fuutarou at the end ending though... the look in her eyes was hypnotizing

also, nino looks sooo cute in this outift
Mar 4, 2021 12:16 PM

Oct 2017
Ichika's no longer willing to pay for all of their expenses and it's totally underatandable. Nino in chef clothes looked really cute and Nino x Fuutarou moment was sweet. The class part was hilarious, I like how Fuutarou became the quints locator XD. Welp Ichika confessed using Miku's face
I kinda have mixed up feelings about this but hey everything's fair in love and war.
MegamiRemMar 19, 2021 4:24 AM
Mar 4, 2021 12:52 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn. Ichika can be all cutesy on the outside but she is actually a formidable opponent. Her good acting skills, combined with the fact that she has disguises for all of her sisters, is pretty overpowered. Nino is fighting head-on but ichika is taking the methodical, manipulative approach. Might make you like her a bit less for playing a bit dirty, but hey, whatever it takes to win I guess. Although none of this would be happening if our favorite mc ever fu-kun used some of that brain power he uses for studying into removing some of his dense-ness LOL

and yeah anyway here we have BEST FKING GIRL DON'T @ ME
BetaMaleUltraMar 4, 2021 1:53 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 4, 2021 12:53 PM
Sep 2020
What site do you all watch this so early on?
Mar 4, 2021 1:10 PM

Jun 2019
DepressedPanda said:
DepressedPanda said:

Live in Japan so that’s how I, not sure on others. Most probably watch raw versions, so pre-subbed 😊
Mar 4, 2021 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nino is absolutely adorable in this episode. She simply doesn't hold back as we knew from the manga but hearing it and seeing it animated just brings it up notch. I need a HD print of her blowing that kiss to Futarou.

Ichika goes on the offensive too now, but alas, instead of being upfront about it like Nino she makes a rather underhanded move there at the end. Some might say that all is fair in love and war, but doing that when your opponents are your sisters is simply bad form.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 4, 2021 1:33 PM

Apr 2012
Ichika is literally shipping herself using cheat code disguises. We got ourselves a polymorph people so be on the lookout for her underhanded op skill.
Poor Miku getting used as fodder for Ichika's offense.
Janethan23Mar 4, 2021 1:39 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 4, 2021 1:39 PM
Nov 2019
That was god damn low, Ichika, yikes
Mar 4, 2021 1:40 PM

May 2020
Another week
Another Quins 2 episode
Another time to say Nino is best girl
That's all.
Mar 4, 2021 1:47 PM

Jan 2021
Very nice episode!
Nino working with Futaro and Ichika making a masterstroke xdd

I don’t trust Takeda 0.0
Mar 4, 2021 1:49 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
3rd years huh to think that they managed to make it this far. Nino's determination though sure is impressive. The sisters though sure managed to get an impressive reception on their first day. Yotsuba though really is going all out to involve Futaro in order to improve his standing within the class though. Miku though has one hell of a death glare. Its funny how Futaro's knowledge of the girls made him the go to contact for the class though. Its nice that Futaro and Nino were able to break past the awkwardness that had come about. Her teasing nature really makes their scenes that much more sweeter. Overall a pretty interesting ep that while showcasing the girls rise to their final year also highlighted Nino and Miku's determination to win Futaro's heart. Still looks like Ichika ended up taking the route of the liar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2021 1:49 PM
Jan 2021
Wow ichika lost it
Mar 4, 2021 1:51 PM

Mar 2016
I’m surprised there are even people who can still call Ichika best girl after this episode smh...she literally lied and undermined her own sister instead of playing up her own appeal like everyone else who’s seriously competing for Fuutarou.

That’s dirty af...
Mar 4, 2021 1:53 PM

Oct 2020
Yooooo
What the fuck Ichika just made???

This episode developed pretty well both Nino and Ichika, but what Ichika made at the end of the episode was hella surprising. Holy fuck...

Ichika was always the "onee-chan", the most mature sister and as a #TeamIchkma member, I really liked Ichika's attitude, though it confuses me a bit.

Best episode so far.
Read light novels!
2023 Update: Do NOT read light novels. Regular novels are better. Glory to Haruki Murakami!!!
Mar 4, 2021 1:55 PM

Oct 2020
Elma_fer said:
Wow ichika lost it
Yeah, she did hahahaha
Fuutarou will get pissed af.
Read light novels!
2023 Update: Do NOT read light novels. Regular novels are better. Glory to Haruki Murakami!!!
Mar 4, 2021 1:56 PM

May 2018

I like the moments of Nino vs Miku but I knew Miku still held on like a champion . Can see Fuutarou being embarassed and shy around Nino

- Love Miku being jealous. #TeamMIKU

It was such a nice episode UNTIL the end. ICHIKA, really played dirty. I liked Ichika but now she is my least fav of the girls . Seriously I am shocked, Ichika had to play as Miku. Unacceptable. To be fair that was painful to see. I probably wont feel as annoyed if she played another girl but come on playing as MIKU is a no no

-Miku_Meister-Mar 5, 2021 12:44 PM

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 4, 2021 1:58 PM
Jun 2014
Here it is, the resurgance of Snake Ichika.

For the record, the author admitted that he needed a villain for the upcoming arc and chose Ichika because she was the most disposable. No one would buy Miku or Yotsuba doing this kind of underhanded crap since they are supportive of Fuutarou, and according to him Nino and Itsuki had villainous phases before. It didn't help she was only 4th on the popularity poll, while being actually likable before. Nino was 5th, and her prize was ultimate reverse shilling through the tsundere getting a change of heart to make her more popular, while Ichika was deemed no good.

It's still an idiotic move that entirely relies on not letting Miku and Fuutarou talk between the two of them EVER after the incident. What's worse is that as an actress, her Miku act, clothes, accessories were absolute garbage. Fuutarou even stated that he has seen through Miku's disguise. Even if she believes it was a fluke, she put zero effort in the act.

I already spotted the "All is fair in love and war" quote. Sure. That's the special whiteknight argument. You can just throw your flesh and blood under the bus for a guy you barely know for 6 months, while no freaking one forced you to just sit on your ass the whole time regarding your romance while everyone else honestly want to pursue their love. Because Miku certainly didn't buy her half-assed act of support all this time, that was evident.
Mar 4, 2021 2:12 PM

Mar 2016
SogiitaGunha said:

I already spotted the "All is fair in love and war" quote. Sure. That's the special whiteknight argument. You can just throw your flesh and blood under the bus for a guy you barely know for 6 months, while no freaking one forced you to just sit on your ass the whole time regarding your romance while everyone else honestly want to pursue their love. Because Miku certainly didn't buy her half-assed act of support all this time, that was evident.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Hope this shuts up the Ichika white knights, but of course it won’t because people are blind to logic once their hearts on set on their personal best girl, lol...
Mar 4, 2021 2:21 PM
May 2017
It seems that the S N E K behaviour stays in the anime as well.

That means Ichika is out of the competition even if there will be an anime original winner.
Mar 4, 2021 2:35 PM

Jan 2016
NINO 👏 GANG 👏 RISE 👏 UP 👏
"hes too slow i dont know how hot has his processor but i put some death grips on it and its getting loud its getting lit"
Mar 4, 2021 2:45 PM
Jan 2018
Oh no. Ichika's desperacy made her do down the wicked path. Shes too insecure.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Mar 4, 2021 2:54 PM
May 2020
This episode was done so well especially the ichika moment at the end it felt even better than the manga tbh you could really sense her desperation.

Personally I disliked ichika from the start and it just got worse and worse as the manga went on, but as scummy as it was, she had been paying rent for all 5 of them and then she's realised that not only has miku been more forward nino suddenly joined the game out of nowhere, so I understand her desperation.

However all the ichika white knights can't say shit because she could've literally taken off her wig and confessed to him simple (like nino), but she decided to sabotage her own sister's love? Scummy behaviour

#bitchika
Mar 4, 2021 3:08 PM

Apr 2015
The Miku/Nino rivalry is growing stronger.

Yeah, we're reaching the part of the Manga where the Ichika ship for me would slowly sink.. The way she went disguised as Miku to confess to Fuutarou never really did it for me.. Was a pretty sad and underhanded method.

Still a great episode for Miku/Nino stans!!
Mar 4, 2021 3:10 PM

Apr 2020
I like the fact that Ichika is now being strict with her sisters by demanding them to pay rent now, and what a coincidence that they’re all in the same class now. (Well this is a harem anime after all.) Nino is definitely the best girl in season 2 no doubt about that, and the way she confess to Fuutarou makes me smile. I was shocked that Ichika betrayed Miku like that, by pretending to be her at the end and basically confesses to Fuutarou but without Fuutarou knowing that Ichika confessed. (I’m betting that there’s gonna be some drama with the sisters.)

But overall, I really love this episode.
I’m excited for episode 10.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 4, 2021 3:18 PM

Feb 2020
i feel so bad for ichika )): noo.. i don't like how she confessed though :/

nino is so cute in this ep - futaro's red ears LMAO

nino's kiss got me dead lol
Mar 4, 2021 3:23 PM

Mar 2020
Never would expect Nino to be the girl she is now. Compared to how she acted towards Fuutarou at the start of the season, I would've never thought she'd act in this manner. Man does love change a person.
Mar 4, 2021 3:24 PM

Jan 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:
Damn. Ichika can be all cutesy on the outside but she is actually a formidable opponent. Her good acting skills, combined with the fact that she has disguises for all of her sisters, is pretty overpowered. Nino is fighting head-on but ichika is taking the methodical, manipulative approach. Might make you like her a bit less for playing a bit dirty, but hey, whatever it takes to win I guess. Although none of this would be happening if our favorite mc ever fu-kun used some of that brain power he uses for studying into removing some of his dense-ness LOL

Ah yes, i'd like a poster of this thank you.
Mar 4, 2021 3:26 PM
Apr 2020
Ichika is worst girl now.
Mar 4, 2021 3:31 PM

Jul 2017
Another Nino-Miku rivalry moment again, right now directly approaching Fuutarou. Who will he chooses? ;)

This appearance really suits Nino, for chasing both her dream and love ❤️

And finally, the third Nino moment adaptation I waited for years finally happened, the debut of "Fuu-kun". Really a cherry of my ears. And we will see it so often from now on.

Hate-turned-Love is often will be deeper than any other love, and it's also true in this series. She really does love him so much, aggressive and straight to the point, not gonna lose to anyone. Fuu-kun is so red the whole time.

And finally, the infamous Snake-Chika moment just made it to the anime adaptation, which was one of the biggest drama of the series.
Yes, Nino's personality and ways might be too much for some people, but it's way way better than act and using a way like this.
Mar 4, 2021 3:33 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Ok, damn, I understand what people meant when they said that Ichika white knights would have a hard time defending her. No offence to those who like her but that was such a bitch move to do. It would have been one thing to disguise as Yotsuba or Itsuki who haven't shown clear romantic interest in Fuutarou, but as Miku, that's so damn selfish. She's trying to put herself ahead by putting Miku behind. That's so horrible when Miku is just trying to work the courage to get closer to him. Yes, by all means, go after him if that's what your heart wants, Ichika, but you chose to do it in such a dirty and underhanded way. At least Nino and Miku are being honest with their feelings and are trying to win his affection through their own merits.

Yotsuba was initally the worst twin for me because she didn't have much personality, but sorry, that episode put Ichika at the bottom. I simply cannot stand people that use others for their own gain. When Miku finds out, I hope she corrects what happened to Fuutarou and says her peace to Ichika.

The Nino and Fuutarou moments were cute af tho.
isuzusanMar 4, 2021 3:37 PM
Mar 4, 2021 3:56 PM

Jun 2019
Things are really heating up now.

I like that all of the girls are doing things that are true to their characters. Miku molding herself into Futaro’s perfect girl likely won’t end up working, Ichika playing dirty and impersonating her sisters will likely come back to haunt her, Itsuki will probably take too long to make her move, Nino is clearly in the lead but may have come on too strong, and Yotsuba is supporting Futaro without him even knowing.

My money is on Yotsuba winning in the end, but manga readers don’t confirm whether I am right or wrong.
Mar 4, 2021 4:00 PM

Oct 2020
Woooah Nino and Ichika on the offensive
Mar 4, 2021 4:07 PM
Jul 2020
Without giving anything away, I noticed they skipped a sizable chunk of manga this episode. Im hoping theyre just rearranging things or else next episode wont really make sense.
Mar 4, 2021 4:27 PM

Mar 2010
First part was cheesy and everything else felt average but damn that ending was corny asf but felt funny asf. xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 4, 2021 4:34 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Nino was awesome <3

but daaaamn Ichika what a biiiitch 😱
Mar 4, 2021 4:57 PM

Nov 2017
Oh come on,what Ichika did is what the others would have done if they were in her shoes at that exact moment.What a lot of people haven't said,is that she probably put on the Miku disguise as it was easiest and quickest for her to do at that point,since it showed earlier she had Miku's headphones in her bag,and then when Futaro turned up,she took the opportunity presented.
Anyways,her,Miku and Nino were on form this ep,esp Nino(even though I dislike her the most)she is starting to come out more and more as the leader in the chase for Futaro,though I know Miku will have it in the bag in the end :)
StarhammerMar 4, 2021 5:01 PM
Mar 4, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, thank you for skipping a LOT of important chapters in this anime (especially this episode), really disappointing. I don't know what to say.
Mar 4, 2021 5:02 PM

Apr 2012
Ichika should know better than to ask a straight-A student to skip class. He'll always prioritize studying and asking him probably turned him off quite a bit.

Ichika... you're going down a path I cannot follow...
Jealousy leads to hate... hate leads to the dark side...
From this point... You shall be named Darth-Chika
Janethan23Mar 4, 2021 5:07 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 4, 2021 5:11 PM

Apr 2018
Anime looking to be very rushed. This arc will be the final arc of the season it seems. Just crossing my fingers that they switch up the winner
Mar 4, 2021 5:14 PM
May 2020
shintaroudesuu said:
Wow, thank you for skipping a LOT of important chapters in this anime (especially this episode), really disappointing. I don't know what to say.

I knew they skipped some chapters this episode the whole student rep thing felt longer in the manga, what did they skip again? I haven’t read the manga in a while.
Mar 4, 2021 5:22 PM

Feb 2009
Ichika on the offensive, #teamIchika FTW!!

Mar 4, 2021 6:14 PM

Apr 2007
Ichika decided to play dirty, huh. As if I didn't need another reason to dislike her.

BetaMaleUltra said:
This scene was AMAZING <3
Mar 4, 2021 6:23 PM

Nov 2020
oh boy it begins, I really was rooting for you Ichika.
Mar 4, 2021 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
sadly this episode looked pretty much on the cheap side....

like seeing Nino despite thinking shes in the lead after her restless attack of love is still struggling

Ichika what is you doin girl i was like hey more power to you being a bit more selfish for your own desire but god damn not that selfish oof

for funz current personal tier list since im fine with mostly all of them till this episode lol
Mkiu
Nino
Itsuki
Yotsuba
and finally Ichika
Mar 4, 2021 7:17 PM

Apr 2013

She's finally reared her head...
Mar 4, 2021 7:20 PM
Feb 2021
NINO SUPREMACY!! ICHIKA WHY THOOOOOOOOOO
Mar 4, 2021 7:21 PM
Feb 2021
NINO SUPREMACY!!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endings

Moppit - 9 hours ago

13 by endless_Story_ »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

132 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 3:02 PM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

143 by Yawuz_707 »»
Feb 16, 1:32 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.