Forum Settings
Forums

Do you guys think that AOT is a little boring at the moment?

New
Mar 2, 2021 11:35 PM
Jun 2020
As of recently I have been watching AOT weekly and its kind of boring, I'm sure that the boring parts are important for the lore in the upcoming eps. When I heard that AOT s4 was getting announced I was so hyped for it, but now I forget about it and even put the episodes off, What do you guys think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2021 11:42 PM

Apr 2015
Anime fans tend to care a lot about fights and action, though in a 80 episode show some things have to be explained and build up episodes are needed. I think that in a week or two, where there will be more action, everyone will get as hyped as they were, again.
Mar 2, 2021 11:56 PM

Aug 2019
I enjoy them because I’ve read the manga and it’s neat to see the chapters getting animated, but yeah the real juicy stuff is not coming until part two
Mar 3, 2021 12:44 AM

Dec 2016
I think the show is super sleeper at the moment to the point where I don't even want to take the time out of my day to watch the new episodes weekly, but I know it is important in order for the show to build its plot.
Mar 3, 2021 12:46 AM

Jan 2009
the manga chapters of this none action parts have this complains too btw especially that the manga is release monthly so you can tell the boredom of a lot of manga readers back then too

rest assured Final Season Part 2 will be action pack
Mar 3, 2021 12:47 AM

Jul 2020
If you're a fan of battle shonen then you'll find it extremely boring from now on.Cuz it's more slow paced compared to before.
Also you shouldn't have created this thread cuz the toxic users will come now.
deg said:
the manga chapters of this none action parts have this complains too btw especially that the manga is release monthly so you can tell the boredom of a lot of manga readers back then too

Damn anime onlies are complaining about it despite being weekly.I can't imagine the frustration of the Manga readers now XD

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 3, 2021 12:51 AM

Apr 2016
Is kinda boring, but I don't think is a bad thing. Only fighting without plot is not good

Mar 3, 2021 1:03 AM

Jun 2019
I personally don't mind watching slow pacing episode. I'm glad that AoT is not like any normal action anime. The anime not not always relies on huge and bombastic action sequence. I don't know why people find the plot building episodes so boring. If you don't care about the plot progression then just watch the action clips on YouTube.....
Mar 3, 2021 1:04 AM

Jan 2021
i don't mind there not being any action at the moment. gives more depth to the story.
"ไธๅนธใ !" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 3, 2021 1:08 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
Not for me. I've actually really enjoyed the slower paced episodes. Even though I'm looking forward to the action stuff, I thought these episodes were pretty interesting.
Mar 3, 2021 1:09 AM

Mar 2015
It is not peak for me right now but I like whats going on and art style so no problem.
Mar 3, 2021 1:12 AM

Jun 2019
Cozye said:
Not for me. I've actually really enjoyed the slower paced episodes. Even though I'm looking forward to the action stuff, I thought these episodes were pretty interesting.

If they watch each episodes carefully they will find lots of hidden hints regarding the future events. So many characters getting very good character development. The anime is already enough interesting.
Mar 3, 2021 1:24 AM

Apr 2020
I don't think so. The two episodes that "focused" on backstories were a little boring. But those were the only "boring" ones; apart from that, every single episode felt like less than 10 mins (yes, including ep 12).
Mar 3, 2021 1:30 AM
Dec 2017
Surely, it doesn't need to have fight scenes every damn second.
Mar 3, 2021 1:34 AM
Jul 2018
I guess bear with it or binge it after season ends.
Mar 3, 2021 1:43 AM

Jul 2019
A lot of things happen, action or not. I was only worried at the begining because we didn't see Eren and the others. lol
Life is a despicable endurance race
Mar 3, 2021 1:58 AM

Jan 2018
Absolutely not.AoT is entering it's best stages. The dialogues are amazing and the subject matter is thought-provoking and rich.
Mar 3, 2021 2:01 AM

Sep 2020
If you say that you're feeling bored now, after watching FOUR seasons of the same anime then I'd say that the anime series did a damn good job to keep you entertained for so long. Even Gintama gets stale after 200 or so eps

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Mar 3, 2021 2:02 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
It's a show that I only like for the slaughtering. The war and the fight in the earlier episode in this final season was great. A part from that, I barely could give a shit.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 3, 2021 2:03 AM
Jan 2018
Not in the slightest but I guess each to their own :p
Mar 3, 2021 2:04 AM

Mar 2020
Nope, I'm actually liking the recent episodes because of how well the world building and stakes are being set up.
Mar 3, 2021 2:11 AM

May 2018
Yeah, I think I got tired of this franchise. I've stopped after 2 episodes of Final Season. I've noticed that I feel nothing. No thrill, no interest anymore. Just annoyance.
I wanted to drop it for good but one guy convinced me that it's too late to drop after I'd been watching it for so long, so I have to give it a second chance and at least put it on hold. So, I'll return to it some time, but on a low priority.
At least I'm interested to watch that Silver Surfer ripoff titan lol.
Nemo_NiemandMar 3, 2021 2:15 AM

Mar 3, 2021 2:19 AM

Nov 2019
Futari_no_Ossan said:
If you say that you're feeling bored now, after watching FOUR seasons of the same anime then I'd say that the anime series did a damn good job to keep you entertained for so long. Even Gintama gets stale after 200 or so eps
i felt gintama really peaked even after ep 200. well each to their own i guess.
Mar 3, 2021 2:57 AM

Sep 2018
I think this is probably the most interesting AoT Season. The lack of action finally opens up some time for world building, the problem i have with it, is that the world expansion after the last Season was so big that this Season will not be able to probably develop everything that, in my eyes, needs to be developed.
Mar 3, 2021 4:46 AM

Jun 2020
i do agree that its a little boring but this is important as it further develops the characters and builds up for the climax
Mar 3, 2021 5:08 AM

Jun 2020
No fighting doesn't mean it's boring.
Mar 3, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2018
Character development
World building
Jesus, I might be watching another show
Where can I download the same Shingeki no Kyojin as you guys are watching?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 3, 2021 5:19 AM

Dec 2017
And it's better that way, no more shitty titan fights. Atleast wit made it look good but now that mappa took over I hope they keep those parts short.
โKabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.โž
I was immensely devastated.
Mar 3, 2021 5:24 AM

Nov 2016
For a political and dialogue focussed portion it's actually pretty spicy. Not so slow paced either. Sure, might give that impression if compared to full dramatic action AoT, but stuff like LotGH was slower at times, so the current episodes feel eventful compared to that.

Scordolo said:
If you're a fan of battle shonen then you'll find it extremely boring from now on.Cuz it's more slow paced compared to before.
Also you shouldn't have created this thread cuz the toxic users will come now.
deg said:

Damn anime onlies are complaining about it despite being weekly.I can't imagine the frustration of the Manga readers now XD

It was hard to stay invested if you only read once a month and don't keep up with the AoT fandom talk lol Watching the episodes feels way better

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 3, 2021 5:26 AM
Dec 2020
GoZha said:
i dont think he's bored because theres no fighting
Deathlydash
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 AM

Sep 2020
Nachtmonkey2737 said:

Not exactly 200 eps, I just give a random estimation since I was too lazy to look up the part that bored me out. Now that I looked at it, it's actually over 300 eps lol the part that started the decline of the show for me is

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Mar 3, 2021 9:52 AM

Jul 2020
I'm loving these latest episodes. I don't get bored of the storytelling or politics, even with absence of fights and "hype" moments

Mar 3, 2021 9:56 AM

May 2020
For me it feels kinda empty. I know it is a build up for something, but it is just mindless and shallow dialogue between characters that i don't really care with some events in between. It feels like they are just feeding me information instead of trying to make something eventful but idk I'm kinda apathetic towards the old main cast so it adds ups to the boredom

๐•”๐•™๐•š๐•๐•๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜

Mar 3, 2021 10:03 AM
Oct 2018
Deathlydash said:
GoZha said:
i dont think he's bored because theres no fighting
pretty sure that's the reason, people who actually liked aot S1 consists of people who only watched it for the action, they don't really care about the mysteries or world building all they want is some flashy fights, in my opinion S1 and S2 were complete snorefest only constant fights were all it had going for, finally it stopped doing that and actually started building up the story and characters and now people suddenly think it's boring.

lulio3000 said:
For me it feels kinda empty. I know it is a build up for something, but it is just mindless and shallow dialogue between characters that i don't really care with some events in between. It feels like they are just feeding me information instead of trying to make something eventful but idk I'm kinda apathetic towards the old main cast so it adds ups to the boredom
but the same could be said about S1 tho, it fed people with mindless and swallow action which were unessassarily stretched out. how is it that it's ok if it's action but not ok if it's dialogues?

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
CravenlockMar 4, 2021 6:55 AM
Mar 3, 2021 10:07 AM

May 2020
Red916 said:
lulio3000 said:
but the same could be said about S1 tho, it fed people with mindless and swallow action which were unessassarily stretched out. how is it that it's ok if it's action but not ok if it's dialogues?

I didn't like the Season 1 so don't know which your point is haha

Mar 3, 2021 10:09 AM

Nov 2019
A deep anime is good and all but if its boring then who gives a shit. that's why chimera ant arc was so bad.
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Mar 3, 2021 10:09 AM

Aug 2020
I'm enjoying this season but not as greatly as the past seasons. I think AOT has to explain a lot of lore stuff at the moment (which I find interesting but I guess some people find it boring) but I think maybe in a few episodes the action will start to build up, but I'm not sure I'm not a manga reader.
Mar 3, 2021 10:10 AM

Aug 2015
That´s because there is nothing interesting happening right now. Like, if you are a die hard fanboy it might work, but seeing people talking with an intense face about badly made politics is not entertaining at all.

Even then, the last last season (or whatever they decide to do with it) will be a bunch of action and some "epic" moments, so that might pick the interest of the people.
Mar 3, 2021 10:24 AM

May 2015
Not really. It feels slow for sure but it's far from boring. It's actually interesting so far, seeing on how they're trying to cope after the events that transpired.

After all, it's already more of a war drama than an action shonen at this point.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Mar 3, 2021 10:25 AM
Oct 2018
lulio3000 said:
Red916 said:

then, is it about the hype moments?, Aot is finally going out of its way from being a typical shonen to something more ambitious. If it restricted itself to constant hyping up random fights then it won't go any further than being a demon slayer clone. Also I wouldn't say the dialogues are shallow and mindless, for sure they aren't anything deep but they have their merit and are expanding the characterisations and worldbuilding. Otherwise it would just fall flat like the Reiner plot twist where author was trying hard to making people care for eren's relation with Reiner but it was hard to do so because they barely got any screen time together, it just led to another mindless hype moment all while losing the main point.
Mar 3, 2021 10:30 AM
Oct 2020
Nope it's not. It is just building a tense environment and great story depth
Mar 3, 2021 10:48 AM

May 2020
Red916 said:
lulio3000 said:

then, is it about the hype moments?, Aot is finally going out of its way from being a typical shonen to something more ambitious. If it restricted itself to constant hyping up random fights then it won't go any further than being a demon slayer clone. Also I wouldn't say the dialogues are shallow and mindless, for sure they aren't anything deep but they have their merit and are expanding the characterisations and worldbuilding. Otherwise it would just fall flat like the Reiner plot twist where author was trying hard to making people care for eren's relation with Reiner but it was hard to do so because they barely got any screen time together, it just led to another mindless hype moment all while losing the main point.

Hmmm I wouldn't said it like that. I'm all in about getting more world building and characterisation (And that is one of the things that i felt that was lacking in the first season), but the way they are doing it is not doing it for me, that's all.

I feel like the current episodes arre just a bridge between events, and they are kinda sparse. They are jumping way too much between points that gives us information about what is happening so we get to a climax, but no point is worth by itself so it is kinda empty for me. And then the shallow politics and overplayed moral doesn't do it for me either. But it's my opinion!

Mar 3, 2021 11:00 AM

Feb 2021
Every anime is boring at a moment. So yes I think aot gets boring at a time.

Futari_no_Ossan said:
Nachtmonkey2737 said:

Not exactly 200 eps, I just give a random estimation since I was too lazy to look up the part that bored me out. Now that I looked at it, it's actually over 300 eps lol the part that started the decline of the show for me is
I started to enjoy Gintama from the 2nd season but I think best part of Gintama is Assassination Shogun arc- Silver Soul arc.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
CravenlockMar 4, 2021 6:57 AM
Bungee Gum possesses the properties of both rubber and gum.
Mar 3, 2021 11:07 AM

Mar 2018
It's more interesting than it ever was for me...

Some episodes in season 1 and 2 were the only parts I found boring about this series.
Mar 3, 2021 11:14 AM
May 2019
I mean, it could be considered "boring," but the reason the action scenes are so hype is because they have meaning behind them. For example, one of the most hype scene, Levi vs Beast Titan, if there were no story or build-up, it'd literally just be a random person looking like a fidget spinner fighting boot-leg King Kong and it'd make no sense if you didn't know the context. It's the story behind these scenes that make the adrenaline rush and give so much more enjoyment when you watch it. So though it can be a little boring right now, it's just building up the excitement and makes the story more impactful.
Mar 3, 2021 11:51 AM

Jul 2020
I thought it was more interesting. Probably because you were there for the fight scenes.
Mar 3, 2021 11:59 AM

Nov 2015
what? It's really interesting right now.
Mar 3, 2021 7:09 PM

Jan 2020
I view it as more of a build up towards something much larger and better.

Mar 3, 2021 8:28 PM

Dec 2020
Bored sometime, but i enjoy it at the same time.
Mar 4, 2021 4:45 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
Nope, I am not AOT fan but so far so good, its getting interesting :)

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - 1 hour ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
5 minutes ago

» why is myanimelist aka mal not popular in china?

deg - 12 hours ago

22 by TsutanaiFuun »»
6 minutes ago

» Happy Mother's Day, Who Are Anime's Best Moms ?

tchitchouan - Today

20 by 3miL »»
9 minutes ago

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - 10 hours ago

32 by deg »»
30 minutes ago

» What is your first anime and when did you start it? ( 1 2 3 )

Pinoffin - Mar 26

108 by BatoKusanagi »»
47 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.