Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 27, 2021 9:22 AM
May 2019
I just hate characters like Emma who always act so righteous and force their ideals on everyone, she doesn't have a fundamental understanding of how the world works, Now I have a feeling this anime is going to end in a cliched way where Hero Emma just solves everything, I'm planning to read the manga but Hey manga readers tell me does manga has the cliched ending? Does Hero Emma solves everything and saves everyone? I actually want it to take a dark route and not have happy happy ending, if manga has such ending then I don't want to read it
Feb 27, 2021 9:25 AM

Oct 2016
Every episode it goes absolutely nowhere, lmao
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Feb 27, 2021 9:33 AM
Sep 2008
Oh so they are legit gonna wrap this up with this season then. That's so bad.
Feb 27, 2021 11:01 AM

May 2015
Just kill the demons goddamit!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 27, 2021 12:43 PM

Jan 2012
KaiserVonGogureo said:
hakaihisaki said:

I can only think of 2 new scenes: The demon talking with Mother, and the sick demon child.
Was there anything else?

How could you forget the fish scene my friend, or how about that entire montage of the kids in the bunker, or that totally useless scene in the anime of finding the writings on the wall that was NEVER mentioned again, or that oh so needed scene of the idiot duo of Thoma and the other guy begging to go outside

Damn, can't believe I forgot the fish scene!
Now that I remember, I think this show deserves a 10/10
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 27, 2021 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
So um... is the "anime original" plot coming soon or do I have to go pick it up somewhere?
So far everything has correlated with the manga plot (but of course is a complete disaster due to arc-skipping, character-erasing, info-dumping).
Feb 27, 2021 8:58 PM

Oct 2008
The turn of events gets complicated!
Normal is dead set on eradicating/annihilating the demons.
While QUEEN Emma doesn't want to.
well for me it comes down to consequences...i wonder how Emma face Norman if there is just a single casualty from the kids because of her dumb decision!
damn cliffhanger, i really thought we're gonna see what actually happened the day Normal left the farm...well i guess it would be for the next ep!
5/5.

Feb 28, 2021 12:10 AM
Jan 2021
DaFreshLink said:
People you have to remember. 80% of anime is nothing more that over glorified super expensive advertisement for either manga or light novels.
The promised neverland manga is over and worse it ending with rather meh sales and reception.
The clearance for the second season of the show probably happened behind the scenes around the time the first show was airing and the manga's popularity AND ITS POTENTIAL was at its highest. Meaning that the contract was already made and set in stone before the manga's fall into mediocrity.
Now that the show is actually here now to air its possible that they're just trying to rush to an anime only ending and write this show off as a failure.

(especially considering how popular horimiya and wonder egg priority, 2 other shows airing at the same time TPL season 2 is airing , is they might want to transfer resources from the TPL project to either of those two projects in an attempt to actually make something worthwhile.
but you have to understand if they animated goldy pond the sales would have increased drastically and TPN being a Shonen is much more appealing than Horimiya and wonder egg priority despite their themes it's like they left the true deserved adaptation to an interesting shojo and u unconventional original wonder egg cloverworks will get bashed if they do that then people will feel like they truly don't respect the promised neverland s2
Feb 28, 2021 4:21 AM

Jul 2013
I don't even know what to think.

No, I think "If you're going to make an omelet, you've got to crack a few eggs."

They need to show Lambda and whatever's behind that door Norman went through. They've shown the lead-up to the door 3 TIMES.

Show Lambda, so any warm fuzzies about demons can disappear.

And why are all 4 of the oldest, most responsible children leaving the younger ones so they can go look for magic demon girl? That's irresponsible.
Feb 28, 2021 6:02 AM

Apr 2020
Episode was alright, but at the same ime I feel like like it was kind of a repeat of the previous episode. Getting a bit of tired of the whole "Show, don't tell" aspect. Another complaint that I have is, why would Emma and company leave the small kids by themselves? Norman mentioned in the previous episode that Lamvda and Grace Field are searching close to where the Demon town is. It's just kind of dumb putting all those kids in danger imo. That being said, I can't wait for next episode. Judging by the ending, it looks we're finally going to see exactly what happened to Norman right after he was shipped. Really looking forward to that. Also, Isabella when? Lol
Feb 28, 2021 4:39 PM

Aug 2020
I guess this Emma's sentimental plan will ruin everything... "Boo hoo there are good onis too. We have to grant them food bla bla bla..."
But let's see the next episode... I might be wrong.

Norman's appearance and this "blood coughing-drama" is getting a bit off the tracks, since the pacing until his apparition was a bit weird.

Ray seems to just follow the flow.
KitsuFrostFeb 28, 2021 4:43 PM

Feb 28, 2021 4:46 PM

Aug 2020
towelgirl21 said:

They need to show Lambda and whatever's behind that door Norman went through. They've shown the lead-up to the door 3 TIMES.

Exactly what I thought... This is turning from a mystery to an annoying plot device. Seems like a way of making this arc longer, since there's not a lot to show. So the best way is to pick a 1st season scene, and use the most out of it.

Feb 28, 2021 8:49 PM
Feb 2020
Holo-san said:
I swear... the IQ of Emma and Ray dipped in the two digits in this season. Emma litterally not thinking of anything but "uh.. but friends" (actually, what friends? what kids? what demon family? we haven't seen you interact with any demon so far except Mujika and Sonju), without thinking of ways to save her siblings first and Ray accepting everything she says because "she's Emma, that's what she does".
I would accept this friendly behaviour if they actually showed us any positive interaction between Emma and the demons, but all they gave us are just shots of Emma and company walking in the market of god knows what city. What the hell are the director and manga author smoking right now? powdered wasabi? Did they forget that they actually needed some more character development to explain this stupid choice that Emma took?

Seriously, i’m so tired of al the other characters being whipped by Emma. They’re in a life or death situation, starving but none of the 20 kids has an issue with Emma going against Norman? Did she even explain her plan to them? They talked back & forth so much about nothing this episode, i can’t remember.
Mar 1, 2021 12:35 AM
May 2017
I'm on Norman's side. Exterminate all demons.
Mar 1, 2021 12:40 AM
May 2017
itzVeer said:
Oh look, three episodes where nothing notable happens in a row.

Anime premature ejaculation detected.
Mar 1, 2021 1:39 PM
Sep 2015
HucuChill said:
Every episode it goes absolutely nowhere, lmao

My thoughts exactly lol, I knew the episode would end when we started getting Norman's flashback story. We got nothing this time.
Mar 2, 2021 5:29 AM
Dec 2019
In case nobody has said this yet: this is how the final arc of the manga went too.

Obviously a bit has changed to make up for the skipped arcs but most of the complaints here are how people were feeling back when the manga was ending. I think there will be even more cuts since there's only four episodes left but everything thats made it to screen was in the manga. The only changes are big cuts and minor stitches.
Mar 3, 2021 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
Norman has changed this a lot and interesting, ray and enma only have 5 days this and a lot to find mujika and sonju.
Mar 3, 2021 6:21 PM

Dec 2018
Awwwww Emma I am so proud of you pumpkin! Even if she have suffered a lot in the pass, she would never wish that cruel fate on anyone else. Because she is MY girl, and my girls dont solve their problems by exterminating entire species

Clearly Emma dont want to take any part in that grim future, And will never support that boys cravings for more suffering

Instead she will go and search for her little demon girlfriend Mujika! Hopefully do some lesbian kissing with her,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

And then together my girls will find a better way out. I will cheer for team Emma and Mujika all the way, My girls are strong together! Go lesbians!! Demons also have feelings!! And genocide will never EVER be the right answer to solve anything

Yuri-CrusaderMar 4, 2021 7:00 AM
Mar 4, 2021 1:19 AM
Feb 2012
This show has become my go to explaination as to why I hate manga readers.
Don't like it? Don't watch, it's really that simple.

Giving the show a 10/10 just to counteract butthurt manga readers in my insignificant way.
Mar 4, 2021 8:34 AM
Dec 2019
yro-san said:
This show has become my go to explaination as to why I hate manga readers.
Don't like it? Don't watch, it's really that simple.

Giving the show a 10/10 just to counteract butthurt manga readers in my insignificant way.

Why would that be your reaction?
Mar 4, 2021 9:34 AM

Mar 2020
Best episode so far. I hate Emma and her morality bs. I hope Norman doesn’t get all pussy and decide not to kill the demons.
Mar 4, 2021 9:12 PM

Mar 2009
This was a perfectly fine and good episode, I thought. *shrugs*
Mar 4, 2021 9:49 PM
Nov 2019
So Norman is basically Eren if Eren could still feel some remorse. That scene in the village was way more brutal than what I expected this series to show. They even threw in a baby for god's sake. Really interested to see how Emma and Ray try to bring Norman back from this. On a side note, loved the scene of Norman playing chess while plotting his escape. Almost like he's playing with his captors and escape is checkmate.
Mar 6, 2021 1:24 PM
Jun 2020
Oooo Norman antagonist this season? I'm down
Mar 6, 2021 1:24 PM
Jun 2020
Ooooo Norman antagonist this season? I'm down
Mar 6, 2021 9:05 PM

Apr 2020
damn, the demon that Norman caught was so big, I wonder how he caught that demon..
Mar 9, 2021 4:14 AM

Oct 2014
oh God I love those children
Mar 17, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2020
Is really hard for me to see a child being a leader between adults... like, i know that he was IQ but he is still a child in puberty.

Its cool to see the thow sides of the reality to discuss but i prefer the Norman's side because it's more easy and natural, i don't think that humans and demons can be live in the same world, it's unnatural.
MariaszMar 17, 2021 8:57 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2021 8:57 AM

Jul 2020
Sayali567 said:
I just hate characters like Emma who always act so righteous and force their ideals on everyone, she doesn't have a fundamental understanding of how the world works, Now I have a feeling this anime is going to end in a cliched way where Hero Emma just solves everything, I'm planning to read the manga but Hey manga readers tell me does manga has the cliched ending? Does Hero Emma solves everything and saves everyone? I actually want it to take a dark route and not have happy happy ending, if manga has such ending then I don't want to read it

OMG SAME, you are complete right, the girl suffer SO MUCH in the whole life because of demons, she escape every day from the death of demons, she even can be in the same world with humans because of demons, and she keep saying that demons are friends without context or even know a "GOOD" demon in person. I know that she meet two in the begin of the season but compare with all of the others its irrelevant. People good like Emma don't exist or she is just childish for this. I see here a lack of development of character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2021 10:42 AM

Apr 2018
Gilda made some pretty good points about demons and all of a sudden she's okay with Emma's plan? Wtf...
I wonder if Emma would have a different mindset if someone close to her dies in front of her eyes because of those demons. I thought Ray would stop her or something, but he seems too chill with Emma's plans. Ahhhh I can't even.
Mar 25, 2021 7:24 PM
Jan 2020
A lot of people are hating on Emma, but she isn't wrong whatsoever! There is no such thing as a good or bad guy, we all have different circumstances in life.
If anything Norman's plan is amazing, it makes so much more sense than Emma's, however, he is going against his ideals. Didn't he always want Emma to smile? Now all he wants to do is for her to live in a safe world with no happiness.
The demons in my opinion don't deserve to live, however, it's Emma's perspective, Emma's wishes, and we must respect that of the main character.
Also, to the people hating on Ray, he is probably the smartest of the bunch. He agrees with Norman's plan, but he doesn't jump to conclusions. In contrast, he looks at all points of view before deciding on which course of action to go on.
Ray is an introverted, intuitive, thinking, and judging character - the most observant and logical type
Norman is an introverted, intuitive, feeling, and judging character - he makes choices off on his feelings and is in a loop in which he can't decide between his feelings or his logic.
This shows that Ray and Norman are both smart, though Norman is being held behind by himself.
Apr 6, 2021 2:13 AM
Dec 2020
Emma is annoying af. Norman explained her everything. But despite losing the argument with him, her mindset didn't change a bit.
Isabella's Lullaby was only good thing in this ep which was played in a flashback of Norman's shipment.
Apr 6, 2021 2:14 AM
Dec 2020
Emma is annoying af. Norman explained her everything. But despite losing the argument with him, her mindset didn't change a bit.
Isabella's Lullaby was only good thing in this ep which was played in a flashback of Norman's shipment.
Apr 6, 2021 1:55 PM
May 2020
Emma's stupidity will honestly be the death of her family. someone must die to show how immensely naïve she is
Apr 14, 2021 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
FreezeHolic said:
towelgirl21 said:

Exactly what I thought... This is turning from a mystery to an annoying plot device. Seems like a way of making this arc longer, since there's not a lot to show. So the best way is to pick a 1st season scene, and use the most out of it.

I am sick of seeing Norman walk up to it... Just fucking tell me already.
Apr 18, 2021 1:51 PM

Jun 2017
Since Barbara and the others haven't much time left, I just can't think of anything else about what they said other than: "dying." Is that mean Norman is going to die? Oh snap! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Apr 19, 2021 10:43 AM
Oct 2019
so norman is gonna die soon regardless. maybe the heretic demon girl's blood can save him hahahaha

they captured a giant ass demon to experiment on. that's neat. how? show us the experiments, too

so that demon girl really doesn't eat humans. and norman didn't actually have any history with her. other than knowing she's some sort of jesus christ demon savior girl and is 700 years old and yada yada. demonds and humans are greedy and will commit atrocities because of their greed

Apr 29, 2021 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
Norman really has changed in the time he was gone, I'm actually rooting for his plan to succeed (even if it needs Sonju and Mujika are to be killed) because I really disagree with Emma's overly idealistic and nonsensical view.

Jun 15, 2021 8:11 AM

Mar 2015
The last scene tho!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 24, 2021 4:51 PM

Feb 2014
Gilda is obviously correct.
Oct 26, 2021 6:48 AM

Jun 2016
I'm so used to all three of them being on the same page that watching them disagree amongst themselves is quite the spectacle.

Norman has been telling lies, even to Emma and Ray. His situation must be kinda serious if that's the case.

I think anyone would happily drink Mujika's blood, so no wonder people wanted to eat her friends, too.

Clashing ideal, you love to watch that happen, hehe.

Don't get me started on the portal-thing being under Grace Field. That shit is stupid.

Dec 29, 2021 1:50 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Is Norman dying gonna be the time bomb here?
Mar 11, 2022 8:05 AM

Apr 2016
So Emma found out that their whole existence was to be eaten by the demons.
She saw Conny body.
She tought Norman was dead too.
She has been chased by demons.
She has visited that demon town enough times to see "oh poor demons" buying body parts of kids.
She knows there are more farms.
Now she knows there are places where kids get used for experiments.
And yet she's still with the "but I made a bestie and she's a demon :( can not kill demons! I might be super sad if I do that :p" and the fact Gilda(!!!) is the only one to call her out just to be easily conviced, that's not idealism that's just plain stupidity.
You would think after having to leave with a certain amount of kids she learned that you can't save them all... wait, nope, she wants to save demons! Screw those kids from the other farms!

Ray now is just there to give background vocals to Emma, the kid who was going to burn himself with the rest of the house out of guilt for knowing the truth for so long gets easily conviced to save the demons even though the mujika girl is not his bestie like she is with Emma, even though he can see Norman is back and theres no way he was having a good time after he left the farm.

This whole thing is stupid and where is Isabella and her "I'm going to find them and get them back" thing? Probably something stupid too.
Jun 30, 2022 9:31 PM

Nov 2012
better than ep 6 at least, interested to see what happened to Norman after he was shipped
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 29, 2022 4:15 AM
Sep 2021
Udělali z Normana totálního čuráka >:(
Dec 25, 2022 5:33 PM

Dec 2022
I didn't go into this season with much expectations, given the average, but so far it seems fine. Obviously, it's nowhere near as good as the first season, but I was expecting something terrible based on the reviews. The whole thing with Mujika is keeping me on edge, and I'm excited to see how it plays out. It's sad to see Norman acting so radically different to how he was in the first season. All of his actions were based on Emma's moral philosophies in the first season - because he loved her -  but now it seems he just doesn't care about Emma in the way he did before.

In other words, Norman used his pragmatic mindset in conjuction with Emma's strong sense of right and wrong. That's what made them an interesting duo. Now I feel that the dynamic has been stripped away for the sake of other characters which just aren't as enthralling.

I gave the first season an 8/10. So far, I would give this season a 6/10, but that could change depending on how the story plays out.
Feb 11, 2023 9:37 PM
Jan 2021
A 12-year-old on drugs could have written a better, less rushed story.
Nov 22, 2023 9:22 AM
Oct 2021
Hated how they changed Norman, but understand why they had to. Feel like this is going the opposite way of how it started.
Dec 22, 2023 7:04 PM
Dec 2021
a whole yap sesh about demon capitalism n shit

"wait, ain't that bad?"
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.