Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2021 2:43 PM

Jul 2013
This episode had me on the edge of my seat! I was afraid the 2 demons in the marketplace would get them.

Also, I liked how the demons were humanized; I felt bad for the 2 that were dying of degradation :/ Too bad that they can't diversify their diet somehow (?)
Feb 4, 2021 2:45 PM
Aug 2020
I really hate to dunk on this show after adoring s1, but man this really is too fast for me. i’m fine with them going anime original and all, but it still has to work out, and honestly bringing Norman back now is just way too soon. don’t get me wrong, i have a feeling I’ll be way more interested in the season from now as we’ll hopefully get to hear about what happened with Norman and who these other people are, but the way things were left in s1 with not showing his death, people already thought he was coming back, but the best thing they could’ve done in that situation was left it, let him be mentioned a couple of times but kind of fade to the back of peoples conscious, maybe even have some character talk about how they’d be no chance of him surviving, only to have him come back at least at the end of this season, preferably some time in a next season so it was an actual shock. Yes, this was a shock because as soon as I knew they were humans, my mind didn’t instantly think of Norman, but to then see him I was just kind of... alright? I think a lot will depend on the next episode. I think if I see more emotion from the 3 reuniting then that’ll restore my faith because the whole encounter just felt a little.... not disingenuine, but just not how I thought it would happen personally and with respect to the characters. Like did you see what happened when they thought Norman was being killed? They were all a wreck, so surely Norman seeing them again, idk I just don’t think he’d approach them all shady like this in a demon village. I pictured it more passionate, like he’d be shocked to see Emma and ray and just jump on them or something.
I know I’m fixating on this one interaction but it’s kind of a big moment and it fits into a thought I had through the whole episode about threat, danger and recklessness. You are in a life and death situation, so if Thoma and lannion want to go to the demon village with you, you say no. They’re hyperactive and loud and playful, and even if they weren’t it’s still not worth the risk to take more people than necessary. And i don’t care how kind you want to be to an elderly demon, don’t approach them. Apart from sonju and mujika, you have no reason to believe demons wont just eat you on the spot. Along with a lot of show not tell criticism I have for over the time skip and how the group is working now, that lack of integrity with the level of threat just got to me. I really hope it picks up bc this episode felt like a weird mix of fast and slow and just not inkeeping with the rest of the season so far and definitely not s1.
Feb 4, 2021 2:50 PM

Oct 2015
Manga aside, this episode was enjoyable on it's own. Last episode had me scared, but now I'm excited to see where the anime story line is going.
Tired, always tired!
Feb 4, 2021 2:50 PM
Jan 2021
dompsterfire said:
I love how they did not show what happens after the bunker explodes. I love how they just all survived going through the forest full of demons. I love how the pursuers never got to them. I love how they only smelled the humans now.

Yeah for real, how did all of them survived a forest full of demons with barely any combat experience? this is some top level plot armor bullshitery.

I didn't like how the anime did it and I didn't like how the manga did it either because the manga was also quite ridiculous, seeing untrained 50 pounds little kids defeating 1,000 pound demons (or super-powered demons) was equally as bad.

I understand the anime wanted to avoid those parts so they cut it out because it was ridiculous but the anime needed to provide another explanation on how they survived, this random time skip didn't explain anything at all.

Well in the manga there was at least one adult and another group of slightly older children with combat experience and also they all had firearms, not arrows and bows. In the anime they have the power of the script
Feb 4, 2021 2:54 PM
Jan 2021
This will give lots of people a reason to go read the manga, maybe this was their ploy all along, to make it go down in quality in hopes people who loved it would just go to reading the manga

Like S1 was a great 9/10

And S2 currently is a 7 but I feel it could drop to a 6

I thought the same, well I will not bite, fuck if they do not respect the fans I tamoco to them I had started to buy the volumes but the rest I will read pirate.
Feb 4, 2021 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
I respect the author wanting to deviate from the original story through this follow-up of the previous adaptation, if so they wish, but the execution so far has been fairly underwhelming.

Best of luck to the team handling this.
Feb 4, 2021 2:56 PM

May 2019
I knew Norman was alive but I never expected to see him so soon. I feel kinda sad for the two demons tho.

I feel like everyone's going to hate me for saying this but...

I enjoy this anime a lot. Maybe manga was better idk, but as an anime-only, I still think it's decent. It's not painful like TG root A.

That aside, I still want to know how the heck did they manage to get away from all the pursuers last ep.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 4, 2021 2:59 PM

Jun 2013
sogegesoge said:
rip yuugo & all goldy pond best kiddies. rip the poachers. rip duke lewis.

hoorah, they don't get rid zazie.
Lewis is a fan favourite character I'm actually a little bummed about possibly not even getting a glimpse of, ngl.
Feb 4, 2021 3:02 PM
Sep 2017
Did they skipped the whole goldy pond part ? like wtf ? Seriosly this is
absolutely garbage . Cant recommend anyone watching this just stick to me manga its way better .
Feb 4, 2021 3:04 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
The kids who got caught failed... successfully...
Feb 4, 2021 3:08 PM
Oct 2007
FUCK YOU STUDIO CLOVERWORKS

Spoiler alert:

WTF WAS THAT SHITTTTT
GOD DAMMIT IM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF
From the Shelter until the Demon Town was allmost 70 - 80 Chapters in the manga.
What about the old surviver from the last group that escaped from the farm?
Emma's group was living in the shelter for allmost a year until it was attacks by the royal Demon soldier and ratari human squad.....
whats the point, too ruin a whole season of anime with shoving norman to our faces?!
It was suppoused to be so much dramatic and dark.

F U C K
GO READ THE MANGA, SCREW THE ANIME.
FUCKKKKK
Feb 4, 2021 3:16 PM

Aug 2016
there are som many things I still like about the changes, but at the same time it feels so awkardly fast paced.
:v
Feb 4, 2021 3:17 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is... really, really weird to watch, and I'd imagine it's the same for anyone else who's read the manga

Literally a completely different story now. Like nothing in this episode has anything to do with the manga's story. That's not to say it's automatically trash or anything but... differences aside, this feels suuuuper fast paced in comparison. I mean really, Norman here and now? That's just so random lol
Feb 4, 2021 3:20 PM
Jun 2020

SaurabhCharde said:
Even though I'm an anime only dude it DOES feel like they skipped on a lot of (important?) stuff.
Bro you are right you feel like the story is not correlated like "How did they escape from the shelter and how did they find the temple and how they started going disguised as demons?!".

But I WAS EXPECTING THE RETURN OF NORMAN because if you watch the episode where Norman "dies" the production doesn't show his corpse of even a moment,they last shows us how Norman enters a strange room(remember that other people who died didn't enter that room so yeeaaah)
Even with all hate i liked the episode but i think the anime tends to skips a lot of important details like in SAO first season
Feb 4, 2021 3:23 PM

Sep 2008
i never thought they were gonna skip so much content, what's the point then?
Feb 4, 2021 3:27 PM

Sep 2012
What a fantastic idea to skip the second best arc of the manga!
Feb 4, 2021 3:28 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, they literally skipped the best arc in this series. Wonder how they'll end this anime and whether it'll be good or not. It kind of sucks that they skipped that arc because it makes the whole "You're a human in demon land, don't expect things to be easy". Seeing them starve is incomparable to how the Goldy Pond arc made me feel and how it made the story feel like a Horror and not water down version of Horror.
StarfolaFeb 4, 2021 3:34 PM
Feb 4, 2021 3:31 PM

Aug 2010
As someone who read the manga before this season and really liked it, I gotta say,"what's with these changes?"

They make everything feel less meaningful.

Even making Emma have a moment of emoness felt out of character for me. She's the hopelessly hopeful one.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Feb 4, 2021 3:34 PM
Jun 2019
payment said:
shane_nichols said:
This anime original bullshit. Yoh I'm currently reading the manga and its obviously much better. Done. Theres no saving this series now. Completely fucked. Score should be a 6. And shame on the writer for allowing this. Absolute garbage.

what do u think he could do, writers are known for having no say
Except the writer is currently working with production of this season. I think the studio said this was what the writer wanted.
Feb 4, 2021 3:35 PM
Jun 2015
shane_nichols said:
This anime original bullshit. Yoh I'm currently reading the manga and its obviously much better. Done. Theres no saving this series now. Completely fucked. Score should be a 6. And shame on the writer for allowing this. Absolute garbage.

I completely agree
Feb 4, 2021 3:38 PM
Jun 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
WTF? At this pace they'll end the story this season!
I think that's the plan
Feb 4, 2021 3:38 PM

Nov 2013
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
@Sxsh1xxl This reveal was so much more strong in manga :(

@Filmlord - Most of us, manga readers, expected some changes here and there, but this season took a very different path. They skipped like 60-70% of the remaining story, and I'm afraid they'll compress the remaining 15% (100-70-15% of the first season) in just 5 episodes!!! Considering how ep6 is a RECAP!

This is so very sad, it's like they're rushing the story for the sake of getting rid of it as quickly as possible. Makes you wonder why they even bothered to make a second season with such attitude!

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1357310033713856520
Feb 4, 2021 3:44 PM
Feb 2018
2 seconds into the episode, I already knew what was wrong. I don't see how and why they changed do much. This isn't the tpn I knew and loved.

Feb 4, 2021 3:45 PM
Dec 2016
MANGA SPOILERS
(Sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes, English is not my first language.)
It really bothered me that Norman showed up just like that. In the manga there is a beautiful reunion and here they simply found themselves in the middle of a city full of demons. I'm still mad they didn't put up the Goldy pond arc, but I'm hopeful for other arches and characters to appear. I know Aish is a minor character, but it would be very interesting for her to appear now that they have said that demons have families.
I am very grateful that they have added what is happening with the farms as it's an important part of the plot, but I still cannot believe that they haven't added Goldy Pond and that they are changing so many things in the anime.
At this point in the anime I'm starting to think that they are going to skip Archduke Lewis and in the end they are going to focus on the Queen. Lewis was truly the manga's best antagonist, and it's a bit disappointing to come to think that he's not going to appear.
I am seriously questioning whether or not to continue this anime as I am not liking many things and I was very disappointed that Yugo and the Goldy Pond arc did not appear. But at the same time I want to continue it because Isabella has a big role and becomes an incredible character.
I know some people who didn't read the manga may find it very annoying that we constantly talk about Goldy Pond, but we are not kidding when we say that it is the best arc.
If you are thinking of reading the manga, do it.
Feb 4, 2021 3:49 PM

Nov 2018
kunieda said:
sogegesoge said:
rip yuugo & all goldy pond best kiddies. rip the poachers. rip duke lewis.

hoorah, they don't get rid zazie.
Lewis is a fan favourite character I'm actually a little bummed about possibly not even getting a glimpse of, ngl.
well, his ending role is quite cringy though, but still, his goldy pond part is pretty dope. dunno what cloverworks trying to do anymore..
Feb 4, 2021 3:57 PM
Apr 2020
woooooooooow , what a perfect jumping episode without a fillers manga >> another 10 0f 10
Feb 4, 2021 4:02 PM

Nov 2015
Filmlord said:

Duuuuuuuude, seriously!?!? That's bad. Would you recommend I should just go read the manga at this point?

Definitely read the manga (and in my opinion even the manga ends up feeling rushed but it's nothing like this disaster).
Feb 4, 2021 4:05 PM

Nov 2014
I honestly don't mind them going anime original, but can they at least make the characters STAY IN CHARACTER!?? Like Emma. There's no way in hell she'd let the kids go out, not to mention allow them fuck around in the forest while yelling at the TOP OF THEIR DAMN LUNGS. And Ray didn't stop or warn them?? And they spent a whole year in that place and Emma is still uncertain about their situation? She's not the type to moan and berate herself like that. She'd keep pushing herself. And after finding that old man demon in their hideout, they didn't think "oh shit a demon has entered thank god he's blind so he didn't see us perhaps it's time to get the HELL out of here incase other NOT BLIND demons stumble into our hideout???" And no to mention last episode. Emma, who cares so much about her family, would willingly let three of them trying the food for poison!??? That's NOT Emma! That's an imposter! It's almost as if CW cuts away all the amazing Emma scenes just so they can show she can't do jack shit without Norman's help. We FINALLY have an amazing female shounen protagonist they just had to cut out so many great arcs that shows how amazing and independent and strong Emma is and added anime original scenes that shows her to be an idiot who's totally useless without the hero (Norman)'s help. Also, two short human kids can run faster than grown ass demons with long ass legs!? And the demons only smelled humans when a wind blew past? Oh, so you're telling me during this entire year Emma and her gang are in the forest and town gathering food, no wind blew past at all?? utter trash, CW.
ttcchenFeb 4, 2021 4:19 PM
Feb 4, 2021 4:06 PM

Feb 2020
tags because i might talk about manga spoilers

Feb 4, 2021 4:11 PM

Sep 2020
It was okay I guess. I'm just really disappointed with the anime going original, and seeing it skip one of the manga's best arcs hurt. Everything felt rushed, and even the big reveal at the end which was supposed to make me feel happy just made me feel disappointed with how rushed this season is.
Feb 4, 2021 4:13 PM

Aug 2019
This is probably the first episode in the series I'll give it less than a 4/5 for. As an anime-only, it felt very rushed.

A year-long time skip. No explanation as to what happened in between, how the kids got by, how they figured out how to blend in with their enemies. Disappointing.

I thought the demon family that were introduced in this episode would have had more of an impact on the story given they were afforded plenty of screen time early on, but two of them were just brutally murdered at the end, practically handing their other two ill relatives a death sentence. This was after Emma made a point of stating to the other kids that demons have families as well.

Then we have the Naruto style chase scenes across the roof where Emma/Ray suddenly figure out to use chakra to increase jumping speed and power.

Ultimately, it was all just a play to help set-up Norman's re-introduction, which felt very underwhelming at the end.

I hope some of these concerns are addressed in a couple of weeks, but I very much doubt it.

S1 felt like it had a structure, a polish and a plan throughout. This just feels a bit like they're playing it by ear as they produce each episode.
Feb 4, 2021 4:14 PM

Sep 2020
sailor_maggie said:
honestly I hated it and it made me angry I don't like the direction that they are taking it in and I don't get why they skipped a whole year and left out important characters to the plot

i agree, as much as i tried to enjoy it and ignore the manga, it honestly sucked. plus the big reveal at the end? absolutely no tension, and it happened way too soon. they could've made it more dramatic and memorable.
Feb 4, 2021 4:16 PM

Dec 2020
i'm sorry this is wayyyy too rushed like don't go skipping whole ass arcs
norman is my favorite but it just he came too soon for this season and was really anticlimactic

they really just jumped a year forward...
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Feb 4, 2021 4:20 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
I'm so confused I can't tell if they're switching to exclusively anime original content or if they actually just skipped almost two seasons worth of manga content. I mean personally I'm of the opinion the manga only went down hill after they escaped the orphanage but still I doubt they can do better with original content and the battle against the mercenaries they skipped (same goes for some of the forest/base stuff they rushed through) was most of the only good stuff left. Very disappointing, scaring me with Tokyo Ghoul Re Season 2 vibes.
Feb 4, 2021 4:26 PM

Jun 2013
sogegesoge said:
kunieda said:
well, his ending role is quite cringy though, but still, his goldy pond part is pretty dope. dunno what cloverworks trying to do anymore..
His character was particularly engaging in the Goldy Pond arc, yes, though I feel like he always had an interesting flair. It's known that the manga's ending had mixed reviews, we'll have to wait and see what the author intends to do and how the studio carries out this different approach.
Feb 4, 2021 4:32 PM
Mar 2019
that's it, i have no hope anymore for this show
I love K-On, and so should you.

Feb 4, 2021 4:43 PM

Mar 2020
Apparently CloverWorks skipped a handful of chapters. Guess it's time to take a trip to the manga.
Feb 4, 2021 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
I'll probably dive into the Manga eventually once the 2nd season is complete but for now I'm happy to see Norman again.
Feb 4, 2021 4:53 PM
May 2019
Man this episode is so disappointing. This season is just disappointing. I get that its anime original now but man the whole Norman stuff was done amazing in the manga. It had great foreshadowing and mystery and when he finally came back it was an emotional surprise. In the anime he just comes back after a sudden unexpected time skip. I don't care that Shirai and Posuka are involved in this. It would've been better if they weren't involved in the first place or at least involved in this manner where they just skip everything good about the series and turn it into a mediocre piece of crap. It really sucks that this great manga got butchered by its own creators. They should've known fans especially manga readers would be very disappointed. This sucks man. Oh well at least Attack on Titan has a great adaptation.
Feb 4, 2021 4:58 PM
Feb 2015
Even as an Anime only this season just feels off. Things are rushed, random one year time skip and bam, Norman shows up?
Feb 4, 2021 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
why Emma and ray's character turned out like none of them... i don't like it.
Feb 4, 2021 5:16 PM
Jul 2019
I had my suspicion on the time-skip from episode 4, but this is just abhorrently disappointing and disastrous. I'm not a manga reader for this series, however, I am close to friends who are and they recommend me to drop this adaptation immediately. The fact that they skipped a whole arc, made the Norman reunion less emotionally impactful, and brushed certain key story points regarding demons and humans is just truly disappointing. Definitely going to read the manga, something I should have done from the beginning in 2020.
Feb 4, 2021 5:19 PM

May 2019
That is great, so after 1 year, Emna and Ray are now able to jump that pit around the farm without ropes or anything!

So legit!

Feb 4, 2021 5:34 PM

May 2012
This entire episode, once again, felt like filler. Kids spend the entire episode looking for food, bruh.
Feb 4, 2021 5:36 PM
Oct 2020
The episode was decent but wtf they skipped the best arc for the manga? There really could’ve animated the arc but ok it was pretty dumb so read the manga.
Feb 4, 2021 5:36 PM
Oct 2020
OG_Gattsu said:
OMG THEY SKIPPED TO THE DEMON SOCIETY PART?!

Okay, so the good thing is we got to see how the demons interact. However, there’s SOOOOO much content that has been skipped- around 65%.

Why is their only a 6 month time skip? By this point there’s was 2 years go by which made the kids combat skills and survival skills more justified. Did you see how the group ran away from the demons then cutaways to them finding a safe spot? Plot armour at its finest.

Do anime only watchers care that Norman is back? Because to me it’s too fast paced and should have been done in a later date like the manga.

What was the “HELP!” in the room? Who was behind the soldiers who raided the shelter? What happened to William Minerva? Are we gonna find out? NOPE! Manga readers know tho.

I’m trying to comprehend why the author wanted to change the story and produce a worse one, but it’s not making any sense.
Well it was a 11 month timeskip if I am not wrong. Last episode the date was 26 Feb 2046 and now it's Jan 2047. Gilda was saying that nothing of note has happened in the last 6 months.

U know stuff is bad when even manga readers are confused.
Feb 4, 2021 5:37 PM
Jan 2021
Please just read the manga, a time skip that fast??? Norman isnt supposed to show up that quick.
Feb 4, 2021 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
i'll give this a fat 0
Feb 4, 2021 5:44 PM
Oct 2020
Actar said:
As an anime-only, I really don't have any issues with the pacing or how the story is going. Honestly, this is one of the reasons why I don't read the manga before watching its anime adaptation:

1. Spoilers.
2. Raised expectations.

How can you not have issues after this episode. I am an anime only too. Heck I was even disappointed by the previous episode.
So let's see. First of all I wanted to see how the children escaped the large demon thingy and how they survived a forest full of demons.
Then what happened to isabella, is she still on their chase. Are they still allowing her even after one year has passed. Also how did Emma and ray become ninjas all of a sudden.
And the thing that annoys me the most is the Norman reveal. Well i kinda guessed he might be alive but reintroduced so soon made complete waste of his sacrifice in season 1. Felt more like he was onna vacation and now he's back.
Feb 4, 2021 5:47 PM
Oct 2020
Ranacchi said:
Ain't they gonna explain what happened between the base being raided and wherever they're at now?? This is the 2nd time they're bsing themselves a way through. How did they get there, where did they find it, how long did they travel to find the demon city, what happened in-between then and 6 months ago.
I get that covid's making it hard to get work done but I'd like some answers. Heard something about a "recap episode" so it's to hope that they put in that info over there, and don't rush through w/e this arc is cause of time issues.

Note: I haven't read the manga.

I like Emma's new look and the return of their old friend. I'm surprised he's looking this good seeing how I seen some stuff... then again they may just act like that stuff never happened and said character is OK now.

I was hoping that with the bad feedback the manga end got that they'd choose to rewrite certain parts to make them more appealing but it's now looking as if they're gonna keep jumping through the story to cover as much ground as they can before getting cancelled.
I agree with you but it was a 11 month time skip. I am an anime only too.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.