Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
When even higher-ups cannot be trusted, making your own alliance is the best result.

Templar knight Adelheid Olivier is introduced, and good luck trying to keep the primary target (Marius) away through the current conflict of the democratic and autocratic churches, much less hunting witches (due to the village incident episodes prior) for an excuse...

...well, put that on hold, because of the kingdom force conflict between Olivier and Camellia kingdoms at the Trang River. Look who's back: the knight of Camellia, Roy, just this time, dictated by the Salamander dragon calls of retreat. What a way to call the cliché "we'll see each other again on the battlefield" for a big battle setup inching towards the end.

A truce between the Ecclesiastical Order Orthodox Church and Olivier in favor of keeping Adelheid as a partner in battle for peace throughout the land, no doubt, this battle will only grow to be more bloody as Camellia under Rugis makes his call to oblivion. Theresia though...she'll be the key strategist for Camellia, but who knows what the newly crowned Duke will do next.
KANLen09Feb 4, 2021 3:14 AM
Feb 3, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
damn, really hate those annoying church retard. tryna kidnap a bunch of women and even little girls for a "witch hunt", really disgusting. was confused about that fight at first but it makes sense now, good thing adelheid didn't get arrested; seems like maybe might not be a full-on enemy... also, kinda weird how in the battle they were just killing people left and right without any reaction whatsoever, they just kept talking to eachother like usual. i mean i dont think they're all psychopaths but it did look a bit weird to me.
Feb 3, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
and...30 minutes after this is supposed to start streaming and Funimation still doesn't have it up...nor LBX Girls 1 hour after it was supposed to start streaming.

Just think of the joys we will have when Funimation finishes the purchase of Crunchyroll and we get to deal with the combined incompetence of Crunchyroll and FUnimation
Feb 3, 2021 1:25 PM

Sep 2019
I’m still surprised by how good the production of Hortensia Saga is. Good animation, great CG, really good soundtracks, amazing OP/ED (especially the ED)... and the list goes on. In the big fight, everyone else except the main cast was cg and it looked really good. It was a good episode.
Feb 3, 2021 1:44 PM

Apr 2020
Meh, this episode sounds kinda rushed
Feb 3, 2021 3:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A bit of Hortensian politic insights in these episode, to be honestly. After having a good knowledge of Albert Dominion, and Carmellian Dominion which already declared and stood up as the new kingdom, there's one more principalities whose served right to the old Hortensia major kingdom. Its Olivier Dominion.

By having a new ruler, under the orthodox church influence, that Pope, Olivier had no old titles. Their territories get annexed in, and the previous duke child served as their coast guard commander only, apparently. Still, the Pope usatisfied, after saying 'the hint' about 'harboring the witch', which I assumed was Theresia. The order to caught off Olivier commander has been launched.

In the other side, the templar knight moderates side under captain Georgg, ordered Alfred and gangs to ask Olivier into their side. Funny that him called the opposite side as a radical one. It may be true, but still, its bring more undeniable result. A chaos amongs them happened later. But, to my surprise, its started out from Carmellian ex Duke, Rugis. The reason was quite intriguing me, though, it may be untrue.

There's a lot of mystery referring to their true motivation, and i don't even know how the plot of story ended up at this kind of convoluted Hortensia kingdom story. I, unironically, aggree with Alfred's confusion.

Alright, lets see next, then....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 3, 2021 3:38 PM

Mar 2020
Pretty sure Adelhied knows Marius's real identity.

Short battle occurs at the Trang River. A hit and retreat tactic done by Camellia to keep Adelhied from being taken away by the knights.

Well the salamander appeared for a few seconds that was shown in the opening. Wonder how it will contribute to the series.
Feb 3, 2021 3:56 PM

Jan 2020
I'm start to think the Carmellian are the good side here

Feb 3, 2021 5:18 PM

Jan 2018
lol it's already 22:00 in here and no page I've visited has uploaded it
where do you guys watch it ?
Feb 3, 2021 5:23 PM
Mar 2020
abyss_will said:

yeah I don't know what's up; Funi should have had it up about 8 hours ago and I just went to watch and it's not there yet.....
Feb 3, 2021 8:18 PM
Oct 2016
Using this episode how to check back in with a character we briefly saw defending the capital back in episode one during the monster invasion. That being Adelheid. She was a good character to have in this episode. Showing again how this church is becoming tyrannical with them coming into the city for a witch hunt but actually just wanting Adelheid to show herself. Interesting that Adelheid has been looking for the princess these past years and then her comes Marius aka Mariel walking right up to her. Tragic story and some bs how after Adelheid father Leon got killed instead of letting her take over the church pushed for not to happen so the territory got just absorbed by Hortensia. That would be horrible, I can understand Adelheid wanting to defend her country after her father dies and it's essentially taken from her right after. Didier this black knight is a character to look out for. He seems reasonable but also fanatical. Idk what to make of him other than he's unsettling. With how crazy this church has shown itself to be Alfred will probably need to call on Adelheid help later on to deal with them.
Feb 3, 2021 8:18 PM
Oct 2016
ninigotmac said:
abyss_will said:

yeah I don't know what's up; Funi should have had it up about 8 hours ago and I just went to watch and it's not there yet.....

Funimation finally has it there
Feb 4, 2021 12:12 AM

Mar 2010
Wow, I thought it was going to be a Skyrim moment when she got arrested and the dragon showed up. Adelheid x Roy? I wonder what the secret of the kingdom is. I am very sad that the dads died would've been amazing with both of them alive. Leon looked very nice. So I wonder who is the true bad guy.
StardewFeb 4, 2021 12:19 AM
Feb 4, 2021 12:51 AM

Oct 2016
I am as confused as Alfred now about who the true enemy is. Camellia is looking kind of on the good side in this episode but why did they kill the King, Leonard and attacked the kingdom. The ecclesiastical knights definitely feels evil though, but still it's a bit vague.

Adelhied sus of Marius, she must have recognized her since she definitely met her before. Well, that was a good episode, looking forward to the next one.
Feb 4, 2021 1:51 AM

Oct 2013
This show sucks balls! Lol, you can tell how many people are dropping it just by the replies to the threads for each episodes.
Ep1- 100
Ep2- 40
Ep3&4- 30

Ha, people are losing so much interest and aren't even bothering to talk about it anymore.
Not surprised, I watched this episode in speed mode skipping about half of it.
Feb 4, 2021 4:17 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, are these people fucking stupid ? "Presumably dead princes", she's literally standing next to you, you dumb Didier lmao.
Feb 4, 2021 4:43 AM

Dec 2015
This episode made it a bit more interesting. They gave Rugis a bit more background. Seems he is not evil - and also fighting against the pope. Killing the king must have been part of some deeper plan. (I just don't know why he did not take control of the kingdom for himself back then.)

The abilities of Theresia are also interesting. Was nice to see how they helped Adelheit. And Alfred recognized that this was the plan - when he talked to convince the Didier guy.
Feb 4, 2021 7:20 AM

Dec 2010
Ohh what is Rundelhaus(Tetsuya Kakihara) doing here as Leon Olivier???

Interesting episode.
We got a fight that was meant to save Girl Olivier, as ordered by King.

Collins89 said:
This show sucks balls! Lol, you can tell how many people are dropping it just by the replies to the threads for each episodes.
Ep1- 100
Ep2- 40
Ep3&4- 30

Ha, people are losing so much interest and aren't even bothering to talk about it anymore.

That's a stupid way to counting the drops.
Feb 4, 2021 12:33 PM

Apr 2018
Honestly another good episode.

I was surprised when Duke Rugis saved Aldehied from getting thrown into prison for suspicion of rebellion.

I wonder what the Knights' true intentions are.
Feb 4, 2021 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
booyah10 said:
Ohh what is Rundelhaus(Tetsuya Kakihara) doing here as Leon Olivier???

Interesting episode.
We got a fight that was meant to save Girl Olivier, as ordered by King.

Collins89 said:
Ep1- 100
Ep2- 40
Ep3&4- 30

That's a stupid way to counting the drops.

Lol, well when your not an omnipresent being that can just see every single person that's ever watched and dropped a show. You have to find other ways to judge how a show is doing from a general perspective.
And when a show goes from having over 100 mentions in episode 1 to having 25 mentions in episode 3 that means people are losing interest and some might be dropping off.

Look at shows that are doing well and they will have a pretty consistent number of people going to the threads every week and commenting.
Some shows like AOT will have high counts of people coming every week to discuss it, and even smaller shows will have fan bases that come every week and discuss it even if in smaller numbers. Like "Kid from last dungeon boonies" or Horimiya.
But shows that aren't will have a big drop off over episodes. Log Horizon S3 is another example that has a large discussion count in ep1 with over 100 but has since dropped under half that in later episode discussions.

As a person that does like to try and comment on shows he watches every week be it good or bad. I have found this to just be a general way of assessing how a show is doing, when just casually commenting.
By all means though, you can always goto the statistics section for a more exact way of judging. With this anime having about a 20% drop rate just a few episodes in.
Collins89Feb 4, 2021 3:49 PM
Feb 5, 2021 5:49 AM

Aug 2013
Adelheid Olivier makes her and she recognised Marius as the princess(?).

Pretty good episode.

Feb 5, 2021 7:49 PM

Feb 2014
So after the events of this episode, Rugis seems to have paid off his debts to his former ally. Although what happened on that assassination night still seems sketchy. Who are the real enemy?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 5, 2021 9:47 PM

Oct 2017
Adelheid is a beauty and strong too, totally the type of woman I like. I'm glad she wasn't taken to prison and can stay in Olivier. Also she seems to have realised that Marius is the princess, finally someone noticed it.

The mystery intensifies, I wonder why Rugius a man who's supposed to love his friends and always help them turned against them.
Feb 6, 2021 2:43 AM
May 2018
Oh wow, no one even mention the sister. Character in this anime sure is forgettable huh
Feb 7, 2021 2:28 AM

Sep 2020
Can't get enough of Adelhied voiced by Kobayashi Yuu.
Feb 7, 2021 3:04 AM
Apr 2020
Collins89 said:
Ep1- 100
Ep2- 40
Ep3&4- 30

I'm holding on to every episode despite how boring it is. But I saw worse and more boring animes than this.
Feb 7, 2021 3:32 AM

Oct 2013
guihualinux said:
Collins89 said:
Ep1- 100
Ep2- 40
Ep3&4- 30

I'm holding on to every episode despite how boring it is. But I saw worse and more boring animes than this.
Same here my man, I'm a completionist! With over 800 anime under my belt I'm proud to say I've only dropped about 30. And this one's not bad enough to be dropped!
Feb 9, 2021 9:05 PM
Nov 2020
I like Adelheid's new hairstyle; it really adds to her sex appeal. Also, when Alfred made an appeal to Sir Didier to release Adelheid, didn't he use the same reasoning that Adelheid used (i.e. Olivier needs its commander for troop morale and proper defense against the Camellian forces).

It seems that Adelheid knows the true identity of Marius..
Feb 10, 2021 11:54 AM

Mar 2009
Avvenirista said:

Indeed. I wish she had more roles lately.
Feb 11, 2021 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Avvenirista said:

I really like her voice.
Feb 13, 2021 1:46 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ara, so Camellia's invasion had other motive and Theresia the salamander has prophetic ability, no wonder it had perfect timing, nice :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 25, 2021 7:57 PM
Jan 2020
It was a good episode, with loads of action. Albert saves the two kids and obviously they were the bad guys. They were powerful but then a crimson dragon who is a lady comes to save them. They are apparently after the relic that the pope has. Also, the two kids are a boy and a girl… and when the dragon transforms back into the lady, the guy gets to see some spicy stuff. He was not surprised meaning he gets to see it a lot. DANG IT.
Apr 26, 2021 1:46 AM

Jul 2015
Really confused by Roy's contradicting belief of Rugis fighting for his friends and the ones he loves...despite the latter clearly having slain his old comrades who once saved him in battle...

Feb 1, 2022 10:47 PM
Oct 2019
what that throws a wrench in things

it almost makes camelia sound like the good guys? the church is obviously bad (just look at the irl church; it's a terrible institution that LITERALLY rapes and pillages). wtf is up with this dark knight guy?

edelheid is the spelling? she seems like a competent one. i like her, even though she doesn't have much personally. most these characters don't haha. moru

More topics from this board

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

47 by klompa »»
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

73 by Rexicek159 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM

» Should I drop this ?

Roronoa_alex01 - Jan 13, 2021

17 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 2, 2022 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.