Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2021 8:20 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HEH, Nonnoria finally made it into the anime. She was so fond in the game.

A village where children reside, and memories of monsters (which has Marius having flashbacks), that's generally not a good sign.

Saving a kid who ran to the labyrinth of Tron Cavern that houses monsters, that is not good. And really, does it have to be the "damsel in distress" tactic for Alfred to save Nonnoria and Conny. But the werewolf certainly has rekindled the harsh memories of both Alfred and Marius when it had slained the king...and it turns out that the cavern resides a lake that reimagines their worst nightmares, and the werewolf was a fake. One of many myths that stands true in the land of Hortensia.

No wonder it was a memory that could not be forgotten.
KANLen09Jan 15, 2021 11:35 PM
Jan 13, 2021 9:29 AM

Apr 2019
so the princess was actually the prince? damn, I knew that he looked like a girl. that "moru" monster thing is annoying asf. We got to see a bit more lore on Magonia, I'm liking Marius/Mariel's character a lot.

Jan 13, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
wow that was a pretty nice episode, seems like we learn a bit more about marius' backstory and the tron cave was pretty interesting too
Jan 13, 2021 9:31 AM

Apr 2016
Oh look at that shes actually a woman, who could possibly thought that ?!?! thats some real plot-twist ?!?! WOW, how absolutely shocking development!
Jan 13, 2021 9:46 AM
Oct 2016
Some good old fashioned monster hunting in our fantasy anime. Alfred, Maurice, and Marius going around making sure these newly rampaging monsters don't hurt anyone. Always helps to have some monster bashing in a fantasy setting just to make it more badass. Enjoyed this episode showing not as kuch action as the premiere but more emotional depth with Marius having to deal with the emotions of losing her father to the werewolf and having to reconcile with seeing that shape shifting monster in the cave turn into one. We got some more scenes of back when that happened and Maurice carried her away to safety. I liked seeing those moments of Marius having to cut her hair to assume a new identity in hiding, leaving her brother behind, learning about the pope being a schemer. Her conversations with the main Nonorria were sweet. I like the bond between those two, Nonorria trying to find that boy who ran into the cavern then for Alfred and Marius to come save her. Lot of reconciling with the past in thus episode from both Alfred and Marius.
Jan 13, 2021 9:54 AM

Apr 2016
pint said:
so the princess was actually the prince? damn, I knew that he looked like a girl. that "moru" monster thing is annoying asf. We got to see a bit more lore on Magonia, I'm liking Marius/Mariel's character a lot.

No the prince is her brother, who is now ruling the kingdom while she is in hiding cuz the hot pope is doing some mumbo jumbo stuff.
Jan 13, 2021 10:13 AM

Apr 2019
Swagernator said:
pint said:

No the prince is her brother, who is now ruling the kingdom while she is in hiding cuz the hot pope is doing some mumbo jumbo stuff.
that's what I meant I just worded it terribly xd

Jan 13, 2021 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
This continues to be really, really boring. There's some goblins. Timmy went to the goblin hole. Eek! Goblins. Oh wait, the protagonist is already here. And now, flashbacks. Yes, I'm being more than a little flippant. I'm being extremely flippant. You could make a decent episode out of that sarcastic summary if you bothered to put some effort into the action scene, or made the maid a compelling character instead of a brainless damsel in distress, or the flashbacks weren't just a rehash of the already bland origin story we spent most of last week on.

We do none of those things though, and thus remain firmly Generic Low Effort Fantasy and almost certainly the last look I give this. This is where a little desperation sex might've spiced up the story and characters a little bit instead of being a nakedly transparent attempt to shock and inflame *wink *wink. The jury's still out on whether any of them have gone through puberty at all, and I'm including the 60 year old dude with a beard and children.
Jan 13, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
Goblins... where is Goblin Slayer when you need him.

So myths are becoming reality.

Jan 13, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2017
damn Marius getting some ptsd trauma from werewolves now lmao, well she definitely needs to recover from it sooner or later if she's to avenge the previous king

tbf I feel like Marius is more of the protag than Alfred
Jan 13, 2021 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
Waaaay better episode then last weeks episode that is for sure. Better constructed in general.
Jan 13, 2021 1:29 PM

Mar 2020
Alfred's voice actor doesn't suit the character he plays at least in my opinion.
Penguinman37Jan 13, 2021 1:37 PM
Jan 13, 2021 1:43 PM

Apr 2018
Honestly a pretty solid 2nd ep. Myths are coming true and monsters start to appear more and more.
Jan 13, 2021 2:09 PM
Dec 2018
I enjoyed this episode. Does anyone else love the ending theme? I think it's really good
Jan 13, 2021 2:11 PM

Mar 2015
Good continuation of story and character building. Squeaky had a central role this week.

I did notice this episode the quality of the soundtrack. Loved those cellos at the end.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 13, 2021 4:00 PM
Jul 2020
Short_Circut said:
damn Marius getting some ptsd trauma from werewolves now lmao, well she definitely needs to recover from it sooner or later if she's to avenge the previous king

tbf I feel like Marius is more of the protag than Alfred

That is sorta what i expected from this, if her as protag 1a and him protag 1b. Honestly enjoying the series more than i expected so far.
Jan 13, 2021 9:18 PM

Jan 2012
the anime is so ultra mediocre ooooof

Jan 13, 2021 9:56 PM
May 2016
I found Nonnoria annoying... the voice, the attitude, dunno... maybe just another ep. to decide if I continue watching this or not.
Jan 13, 2021 10:35 PM

Oct 2008
Hanfos said:
the anime is so ultra mediocre ooooof

and WEP is ultra inverse of mediocre...ain't right?

Jan 13, 2021 11:52 PM

Jul 2015
Just as I suspected, Marius is in fact a girl and a princess on top of that.

Jan 14, 2021 12:17 AM

Mar 2010
Well it was a pretty average episode. Nonnoria voice is a bit grating to ears but I think I can stand her. Looks like a new character will be introduced next episode.
Jan 14, 2021 1:12 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty nice episode, things are starting to make sense now with the whole Pope controlling the king. That's why Charlot's eyes look dead as fuck, well probably also because his father is dead and his sister is missing.
Jan 14, 2021 1:20 AM

Jun 2013
Well that was boring as fuck
Jan 14, 2021 4:37 AM

Sep 2019
Both of their most hated creature is werewolf and they had to fight it. I don’t have much to tell about the episode itself but the ED is fucking great.
Jan 14, 2021 6:15 AM
Jun 2015
Can the maid and that cat just get killed off. They're both useless and fuckin annoying. I can't stand her voice at all
Jan 14, 2021 6:56 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty sure Alfred's sister is alive and well. Might even come back as a brainwashed enemy someday.

Dumb kid and Maid got lost and thnx to that they found the cave which creates illusion of the things they hate most. Marius almost drowned but I'm glad she's allright. Also the maid likes Alfred too it seems.
Jan 14, 2021 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
Maid is annoying again. And with MAL listing it only with 12 episodes ... there is not too much hope I guess. Unless they progress a lot faster. I guess another adventuring-type episode was necessary. And it explained the backgrounds of the princess. (Whe she had to hide.)

But the OP showed them like they were living happily in that village. I just fear it might take a lot of episodes until the plot really starts to grow.
Jan 14, 2021 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
the episode was cool, cave has several monsters i don't know how the monsters didn't pay the conny.

Mod Edit: Removed unrelated picture. Please use your signature.
Koito91Jan 18, 2021 12:34 PM
Jan 14, 2021 11:22 AM

Sep 2020
The Hortebsia's world is in full Fantasia mode but some people still don't believe in the existence of monsters and legends?
They're in for a rude awakening.
Jan 14, 2021 11:23 AM

Nov 2014
i just think of Ganyu when I hear Nonnoria
Jan 14, 2021 11:16 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Penguinman37 said:
Alfred's voice actor doesn't suit the character he plays at least in my opinion.
Agree, although it might be because I entirely hear Daichi and see Ciel in Alfred.

I'm curious if Alfred genuinely doesn't know that Marius is the princess. The pieces are there; also almost expected them to undress her to find her true identity under the veil of "getting hypothermia". Maybe he's playing along, because like -- it's less complicated that way? I peep that he didn't refer to Marius as family, or to be more careful either although as a reigning lord, maybe it isn't "professional" to be too endearing of your squire. I peep last episode though that he was really worried for her though; and while it's totally normal to not want your allies to die, I'm really split on if he might know her true identity. After all, if his dad protected her then like maybe he wants to honor his legacy of keeping her alive. Shoot idk.
Jan 16, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2009
After the second episode, this is not King's Raid, this is worse than King's Raid.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 16, 2021 2:13 PM
Jan 2016
pretty decent so far standard fantasy revenge story I love the music though
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jan 16, 2021 7:14 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
ayalat said:
I found Nonnoria annoying... the voice, the attitude, dunno... maybe just another ep. to decide if I continue watching this or not.

Same she just bolted into the cave to look for the retarded kid who went missing like are you stupid girl, you have no way of defending yourself but you keep believing the main character will always come your aid this is dumb, she knows the main character is out killing monsters what if he has his hands full nah the director 🤔looking kind of bad already im going to see who is in charge of this anime cuz I found these scenes dumb also the main character saved her not even one word of why did you go out on your own its like these characters are all bland no personality at all

Jan 16, 2021 9:59 PM

Dec 2016
I'm gonna drop this, it's too boring for me. Those morumoru desudesu are getting on my nerves...
Jan 17, 2021 2:06 AM

Oct 2013
........shows still doing a good job of being gaaaaaay

Just fuck the maid already yesh
Jan 17, 2021 1:14 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Collins89 said:

lol 😂😂 but the maid is too dumb she probably doesn't even know what sex is, she's highkey dumb

Jan 17, 2021 8:19 PM

Oct 2013
Kiriikun said:
Collins89 said:

lol 😂😂 but the maid is too dumb she probably doesn't even know what sex is, she's highkey dumb

Bruh your to right, she would just be like "Nani desu" in some stoop style voice!
Then he should just jump on the reverse trap! Get a pleasant surprise!
Jan 20, 2021 10:58 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, this episode explained my doubt at the previous episode. Thats good. Marius was really an escape princess at disguised, in order to deceived the Pope. Oh, well, Pope manipulation. Idk why, but felt familiar with those plot, and its explained why those Duke and his man decided to retreated as soon as the uprising already reach the conclusion. Pope already found his true puppet.

In the end, Maurice chose Fernando dominion land as his believed safety place. Then, its true, nothing happened again after those incidents, after these current time. But Alfred was such a dumb for not recognising Marius obvious hint as a girl. Lmao. Whatever. Sooner or later, he might've acknowledge it.

This episode also dumped more info about Magonia, the floating island, and its magical lore, whose summoned a dangerous legendary monsters. The reason was still unknown. At least, Nonnoria showed her role to not even be a usual maid. Thats good. Even though i still don't believed its silly saving the kid plot. However, its fine enough to concluded the memories of the former princess, Marius.

What else next? Ah, another new character unlocked!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 20, 2021 11:57 PM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
I'm pleased that I wasn't an idiot for assuming that marius was the princess instantly in ep 1, just the short hair and characters saying she was a guy threw me off for a while. The whole thing around this series is starting to make me think a little bit of the series chain chronicles, just without the magic and the dark king. It's pretty neat though. I'm hoping for some cool legends to start becoming reality. I'm also wondering when he'll learn her identity, since that obviously has to happen at some point.
Jan 26, 2021 10:29 AM
Nov 2018
I assumed right away that he would know it's the princess but would play along, to surprise the audience. If you live together it's impossible not to know.

Kaguyachinchin said:
Penguinman37 said:
Agree, although it might be because I entirely hear Daichi and see Ciel in Alfred.

I'm curious if Alfred genuinely doesn't know that Marius is the princess. The pieces are there; also almost expected them to undress her to find her true identity under the veil of "getting hypothermia". Maybe he's playing along, because like -- it's less complicated that way? I peep that he didn't refer to Marius as family, or to be more careful either although as a reigning lord, maybe it isn't "professional" to be too endearing of your squire. I peep last episode though that he was really worried for her though; and while it's totally normal to not want your allies to die, I'm really split on if he might know her true identity. After all, if his dad protected her then like maybe he wants to honor his legacy of keeping her alive. Shoot idk.
Feb 9, 2021 10:18 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Collins89 said:
Kiriikun said:

Bruh your to right, she would just be like "Nani desu" in some stoop style voice!
Then he should just jump on the reverse trap! Get a pleasant surprise!

Lol a pleasant surprise u my friend are too much but I'm pretty sure the reverse trap would be down for it

Feb 21, 2021 9:19 AM
Jan 2020
We got some more backstory on what exactly happened that night when the werewolf attacked the king. All these monsters come out of folk tale and suddenly appeared. The Tron Cavern is the place where more monsters live and that monster which can apparently read your mind and take form of your enemy you hate the most. Marius was also blacking out a lot this episode.
Apr 6, 2021 5:41 AM

Oct 2008
Was hoping the goblins were the rapy kind. Wanted to see the maid get f****d up. Maybe then the anime wouldn't be as boring. Right now this is a 4 or 3/10. Hope it gets better soon, I don't like giving low scores.
Apr 26, 2021 12:25 AM

Jul 2015
Sad for Mariel to not only witness her dad being killed but also knowing that her little brother will be controlled as a puppet by the pope without being able to rescue him.

Oct 31, 2021 3:40 AM

Dec 2014
Wait? Isn't that Conny from Attack on Titan?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 11, 2022 4:30 PM
Jul 2021
This has got to be one of the worst episodes of any anime I've ever seen! It's like wtf?! This entire enterprise is ffucked up beyond words/repair.

Like the maid, the mc the "esquire" the kid, the pet, everything is totally off! One of the worst anime I've seen and I'm only <-> this deep into it!

The mc voice doesn't fit the character, the maid voice actress, argghh please shut the fudge up! That pet thing, wtf is it? And why is it here for? C'mon no one can see what we all can see? You know something about a certain character? C'mon how dumb can you be?

How long can they hide certain things from the rest of the world? Sooner or later certain body parts will develop and pop out and, and ffuck this silly asf anime.
DawizzOct 11, 2022 4:33 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM
Nov 2022
I knew Alfred was going to die, i mean, it would be too stupid if he as weak AF survived. All his oponents were too strong. Animation was ok and storyline was good, its just if there were no magic power this anime it would be a great anime. I guess if there is going to be a Season2, Alfred will finaly be able to fight back, now that he is revived
I dont know about the game that ppl are talking about but didnt like the anime. Everybody think different so this is just my opinion. I finished the anime but it was hard to watch i was thinking to quit at episode 4 or 5 but magane to finish it

More topics from this board

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

73 by Rexicek159 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM

» Should I drop this ?

Roronoa_alex01 - Jan 13, 2021

17 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 2, 2022 10:17 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

24 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 2, 2022 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.