Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2021 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
This was way sadder than the manga wow
Jan 31, 2021 8:44 AM

Oct 2013
Peeti said:
keragamming said:

What cgi? I didn't notice. Whatever I'm tired of you guys bitching. We are at the half way point, you had plenty of time to drop it, I should not be seeing these type comments anymore when we had previous episodes to discuss these things. At this point just drop it, move on.

its at 95% upvote, this is the worst time to make such comment. This comment would make more sense in the episode 6 discussion thread.
it has 20+ 5/5 votes without episode 8 being aired though. Not that it matters much because the main point will anime only fans overall.

Huh? Episode 8 has aired and this is the first episode that had so many upvotes from manga readers, which means it may be even higher once anime only watches it. So when the sub is released we will get anime only upvotes.

Since manga readers are a lot more nitpicky, so I always use their vote as an indication. So if manga readers are pleased anime only definitely will be pleased as well.
Jan 31, 2021 8:46 AM

Sep 2017
imbAF said:
yuki kaji's voice acting in the end was GODLY. I was prepared for your generic emo-edgy laugh, but this dude is on some other next level shit of acting. The laugh was so on point, and his hate was even better

exactly, im getting chills when he laugh with low voice like that. sasuga kajikaji
Jan 31, 2021 8:47 AM

Oct 2016
I just doesn't care about gabi, she has her pov n rights to shoot.
But the problem is, why all of people must be sasha?
Hallo?
Rest in peace my girl sasha...
YES
Jan 31, 2021 8:47 AM

Oct 2008
Out of curiosity, what did Levi mean by pointing out how Zeke threw more rocks at them than he was supposed to? How did that help after the Jaw and Cart joined the battle? By dispersing them?
Jan 31, 2021 8:49 AM
Dec 2020
Actar said:
Out of curiosity, what did Levi mean by pointing out how Zeke threw more rocks at them than he was supposed to? How did that help after the Jaw and Cart joined the battle? By dispersing them?
zeke was acting and levi says he couldve threw less rocks but zeke said that would be sus
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Jan 31, 2021 8:50 AM

Aug 2019
Yuki Kaij is a once in a generation talent, that Attack on Titan were lucky to get. He does a superb job portraying Eren.
Jan 31, 2021 8:51 AM

Mar 2018
Vaiend said:
Gonna just leave this meme image here before this thread turns into a warzone, loved the episode though btw.

TRUE!!! Loli Eren did nothing wrong!!
Jan 31, 2021 8:56 AM

Oct 2020
Actar said:
Zeke had to pretend more with Jaw and Cart there.
Jan 31, 2021 8:58 AM

Oct 2008
yaegerist-15 said:
zeke was acting and levi says he couldve threw less rocks but zeke said that would be sus
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Zeke had to pretend more with Jaw and Cart there.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
Jan 31, 2021 9:02 AM
Aug 2019
RIP Sasha, she's now dead in the anime too.
Gabi did what was right from her perspective.
The animation in this episode looked really good plus the character designs didn't look off like previous episodes. Ouch, they beat up the kids, that was brutal. I love the Zeke-Levi interactions so much can't wait for more.
That Eren laugh-cry moment was done well, it was painful for him too.
Oh, they used that ost at the end for Sasha's death is it related to a certain character that we'll see next episode, he was in the preview.

So this episode adapted 1.3 chapter, at this point we won't get chapter 112 adapted in the first part, maybe they'll end at chapter 119 that will be a brutal cliffhanger ending to part 1.

Jan 31, 2021 9:03 AM

Sep 2019
keragamming said:
Peeti said:
it has 20+ 5/5 votes without episode 8 being aired though. Not that it matters much because the main point will anime only fans overall.

Huh? Episode 8 has aired and this is the first episode that had so many upvotes from manga readers, which means it may be even higher once anime only watches it. So when the sub is released we will get anime only upvotes.

Since manga readers are a lot more nitpicky, so I always use their vote as an indication. So if manga readers are pleased anime only definitely will be pleased as well.
the thing is Manga readers are out of that shocked moment of sasha. It will be interesting to see anime onlies reactions. Can be positive or negative.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 31, 2021 9:10 AM
Jan 2020
YutakaYamadafan said:
Why is Zeke with our heros?
I thought he was on Marley side but hes on the blimp ?

He has plans with Eren,which I won't tell about because it's really important
Jan 31, 2021 9:12 AM
Dec 2020
save_humanity said:
madarchod.....khankicchele randirpo gustichudi
Peeti said:
keragamming said:

the thing is Manga readers are out of that shocked moment of sasha. It will be interesting to see anime onlies reactions. Can be positive or negative.
black tounge guy why don't you shut your mouth please request you always feel negative for aot i know you haven't any explanation about it please don't comments in aot foram
Jan 31, 2021 9:12 AM
Jan 2020
ereh21 said:
I am a manga reader but in this anime eren feels like more evil after hearing that laugh and i kinda hate it, RIP Sasha

Ohhh come on he wasn't laughing,he just remembered the good times with her how it was cool that she was so genuinely addicted to food (meat),later you clearly see him falling in despaire
Jan 31, 2021 9:34 AM
Apr 2019
MohsenAirwave said:
armchair3 said:
I feel like you guys only remember Levi vs Zeke / Erwin charge / Eren and Armin outplaying Bertholdt. Season 3 part 2 had worse animation on average than Mappa. But WIT had higher peaks
I don't mind awesome highs and static lows. But 5 fps shitty cgi titans in a high point really destroys the hype.
certified mohsen moment
Jan 31, 2021 9:34 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Whoa, they adapted a lot less than I expected. The slow pace does help elevate the stuff they've adapted in this episode though. Sasha's death does feel more impactful in this episode than it did in the manga. Props to the VAs for making the scene hit.

I still think ending this season at ch 122 is still possible. Maybe the final episode can be an OP-less and ED-less episode adapting 120-122. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the season does end at an earlier spot. I guess the pacing of the next couple of episodes will determine what MAPPA's planning.
Jan 31, 2021 9:44 AM

Mar 2020
they did this scene justice. RIP Sacha
check out odd taxi
Jan 31, 2021 9:48 AM

Oct 2020
Man...... Just.... MAN.....

I knew this was coming but the VA.. the OST... The animation... AJSBSJSB DOUBLING THE EMOTION :'D
The way i love and hate this episode... Prove how much of a rollercoaster emotion this episode is... :')

And yes. Honorable mention to our SasuKaji. His voice we are hearing right now as Eren, is prove of His dedication to voice acting.. :'D
A certain person lurking here
Jan 31, 2021 9:56 AM
Dec 2020
This shot of armin makes him look so much like Erwin..... https://twitter.com/deyynuuh/status/1355908684858068999/photo/1
Jan 31, 2021 10:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
NOOOOOOOOOO RIP Sasha.... :/ damn this episode was just incredible, I felt so bad while watching it for the tension and the events
Jan 31, 2021 10:02 AM
Jun 2016
petterson_ said:
MohsenAirwave said:
I don't like the animation at all. It makes me sick. The cgi really ruins it. I hate to be that guy and it really makes me sad to say this but I whole heartedly belive reading manga is a better experience then watching it. When I think about the fact that this could've had a production quality like attack on titan season 3 but I didn't it makes me angry and sad at the same time

Season 3 had the worst animation out of all of the previous seasons. Season 4 looks way better than season 3 did, the only really good sakuga in season 3 are the parts that Imai drew.

Season 3 animation was hella solid, if you remove Colossal out of the picture, there is pretty much zero reasons to complain... I like season 4 so far, but season 3 had Levin escape scene, Levi vs beast, Mikasa Shooting Reiner from the Armor Titan's mouth. Season 4 still didn't top those scenes and season 3 as a whole yet IMO. Maybe it will, who knows?
Jan 31, 2021 10:02 AM

Jan 2019
Great animation, great voice acting, great OST, great story-telling. This is just insane.
Jan 31, 2021 10:11 AM

Feb 2017
they could not have any better reason for sasha death and pulled this off lmao.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jan 31, 2021 10:22 AM

Apr 2018
Arin-san said:
Seeing this scene animated, it broke my heart into 2. And I hope Gabi dies the most painful fucking death, Jean and the others are fucking pussies, I would’ve kicked Gabi to death, what the fuck did Jean do? Absolutely pussies, shame in the name of a friend.

Gabi did nothing wrong

Well I mean murder is wrong, but she did very little wrong (besides the murder ofc) from her POV
Jan 31, 2021 10:24 AM

Oct 2007
That quick punch to face fight between Rainer end Eren was less then what I expected. I kinda thought there would be an all out battle, but I guess Eren became too strong.

Gabi shooting Sasha was unexpected as well, but well delivered. Gabi was able to deliver her revenge, a bit at least and was immediately confronted with Zeke betraying everything she believes in. Thats some quality script writing right here, good stuff. I'm curious to see how Gabi will fit in in the future in to the story, if she stays antagonistic or if she start to believe in another truth. I have no trouble seeing Falco immediately accepting Zekes choice though.
Jan 31, 2021 10:27 AM

Apr 2019
This Zeke situation is quite complicated. I'm a little confused on it but they're probably going to explain later.

Jan 31, 2021 10:27 AM
Dec 2020
Rifle said:
That quick punch to face fight between Rainer end Eren was less then what I expected. I kinda thought there would be an all out battle, but I guess Eren became too strong.

Gabi shooting Sasha was unexpected as well, but well delivered. Gabi was able to deliver her revenge, a bit at least and was immediately confronted with Zeke betraying everything she believes in. Thats some quality script writing right here, good stuff. I'm curious to see how Gabi will fit in in the future in to the story, if she stays antagonistic or if she start to believe in another truth. I have no trouble seeing Falco immediately accepting Zekes choice though.
eren wasnt that strong, eren was exhausted but reiner had little to no will to fight (or even to live), he rescued garliard and eren fleed with mikasa (he pretty much used all his titan power)
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Jan 31, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2020
evoniee said:
they could not have any better reason for sasha death and pulled this off lmao.

The reason Isayama killed off Sasha was to provide more depth to Gabi as a character . Nothing else , which can be disappointing to some people . Personally I'm fine with as Gabi became a much better character .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 31, 2021 10:32 AM

Mar 2018
Gonna give a quick impression on the last 3 episodes.

While ep 6 suffered from some janky shots that didn't show the CGI under it's best light, ep 7-8 were absolutly phenomenal and I feel like a huge idiot for thinking the staff wouldn't put their whole heart into this adaptation.

The direction is SO MUCH more flavorfull then S3 and I'm only realizing it now, it was a good adaptation, but also a pretty safe one apart when Imai was involved but that was a given, here there's an attention to detail in the music direction that's just mindblowing, they know when to use a drop and when to let silence take over.

Also, the designs and art are insane, do you realize the amount of lines on the characters faces ? It's incredible that they're able to keep them consistent with how detailled they are and how little time they have.

So far this season is undeniably great and I'm the first surprised and thrilled by it.
Jan 31, 2021 10:36 AM
Jan 2016
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, PLEASE NOOOOOOOOO....Potato girllllllllll!!!!!!! Shit man....please excecute Gabi, nowwwwwwwwwwwww...I really appreciate Falco's thought but Gabi....I really hate her now....and yeah I already had in my mind that this will be some conspiration behind this and it is who it is, Zeke Yeager, the War Chief of Marley...he's been acting really strange, man...let Reiner go with Falco, went to the gate easily, saying that Eren is not his enemy, and of course defeated by Levi so easily....but nooooooo Sashaaaaaa...,
Jan 31, 2021 10:37 AM

Mar 2017
Sad Sasha died so fast... I feel like she hadn't done much since S2. I don't remember her being big part in S3. Now she comes back kills the one titan and now is dead. I would liked see more time skip her.
Jan 31, 2021 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
Man i'm scared of the reaction people will have towards Sasha dying. Fantastic episode though, Founding titan and someone with royal blood together, a terrifying combination.
Jan 31, 2021 10:43 AM
Aug 2020
Kokorowagurasu said:
petterson_ said:

Season 3 had the worst animation out of all of the previous seasons. Season 4 looks way better than season 3 did, the only really good sakuga in season 3 are the parts that Imai drew.

Season 3 animation was hella solid, if you remove Colossal out of the picture, there is pretty much zero reasons to complain... I like season 4 so far, but season 3 had Levin escape scene, Levi vs beast, Mikasa Shooting Reiner from the Armor Titan's mouth. Season 4 still didn't top those scenes and season 3 as a whole yet IMO. Maybe it will, who knows?

All the mentioned animations were more or less done by one guy, Imai who is also a freelancer, not by WiT studio staff. Besides, s3 had more stills than any season, rushed pacing for part 1 and above all lackluster directing for "less important" episodes. Heck, even reiner vs eren in p2 was lazy af with rooftoop cg flying all over the place. S3 was more or less carried by the content while reaching highest peak in a handful of scenes. While s4 had consistency in both directing and animation department with a good mixture of cg for movements and 2D for stills. It also had it's sakuga moments (Falling titan, Jean vs Cart, Armin transformation).

But for the love of God, can we please move on from this same shit. There are already hundreds of thread made for bitching about cg or whatnot, let this thread be for what it is. Which is discussing ep 8, crazy concept I know!
Jan 31, 2021 10:44 AM
Jul 2016
Headd said:
Man i'm scared of the reaction people will have towards Sasha dying. Fantastic episode though, Founding titan and someone with royal blood together, a terrifying combination.

I pray for Gabi’s VA, she has done fantastic voice-acting in this episode and doesnt deserve any threats
Jan 31, 2021 10:47 AM
Nov 2020
Harsha1314 said:
Arin-san said:
Seeing this scene animated, it broke my heart into 2. And I hope Gabi dies the most painful fucking death, Jean and the others are fucking pussies, I would’ve kicked Gabi to death, what the fuck did Jean do? Absolutely pussies, shame in the name of a friend.
they should've just left her to floch. he is the devil she deserves
Gabi did nothing wrong, you can't prove me wrong.
Jan 31, 2021 10:47 AM

Mar 2019
Can someone elaborate to me please, why did Eren laugh then out of sudden became so angry? Like I was so confused during that scene (I'm an anime watcher only).
Jan 31, 2021 10:49 AM

Feb 2020
I cry like a fucking baby... Men this fucking suck... And WTF Zeke working together with Paradise Island?? Now that shock me more after Sasha Dead... Fuck me
Jan 31, 2021 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
Ehhhhh Sasha’s death didn’t feel emotional at all tbh. It was handled very poorly imo.

Also, I’m not sure I’m following everything the characters are saying. I’m not sure whether I’m braindead or there are some things that will be explained better as the season goes on

Action is bad, animation is bad, exposition of the plot is quite a mess, characters have a 360 turn in personality for whatever reason during the 4 years timeskip.

Disappointing season so far. Definitely not a fan of the timeskip at all. Such a shame

XenocrisiJan 31, 2021 10:55 AM
Jan 31, 2021 10:51 AM

Mar 2014
EPIC SHOT Gabi!
Bravo...
Well played ;)

So this is the end of the invasion arc, I'll say this was animated as nice as I expected I guess. Now on to the part I'm sure a lot of anime only may start getting bored...maybe.

Somebody get Sasha some potatoes she ain't looking so good.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 31, 2021 10:55 AM

May 2020
Xelecus said:
Can someone elaborate to me please, why did Eren laugh then out of sudden became so angry? Like I was so confused during that scene (I'm an anime watcher only).
Its the way Eren copes with grief . In the last episode of Season 2 when Hannes died he laughed the same way .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 31, 2021 10:56 AM

Sep 2016
That exceeded my expectations once again. My faith in MAPPA has been fully restored. Sashas death felt a lot more impactful here than in the manga. Well done.
Jan 31, 2021 10:58 AM
Sep 2019
I remember I first read this part in the manga.i was like "wow Gabi is really like eren".they both had some one close to them die and want to the kill thr opposition.but ya really great episode.loved it
Jan 31, 2021 10:59 AM
May 2018
The pain, it's unbearable.. I hope no one else dies that are so close to us fuck.
Jan 31, 2021 11:06 AM

Mar 2014
Shit... RIP Sasha... she died as she lived...a heavy reminder that every single loss is a huge weight to bear

It looks like Falco's gonna get the perspective of both sides, while Gabi's inherited Eren's season 1 RAGE. It was very satisfying to see their worldview being shattered seeing Zeke betrayed Marley after what happened to Sasha
Jan 31, 2021 11:07 AM
Jan 2021
Why, why did they have to do kill Sasha ;-;
Jan 31, 2021 11:07 AM

Apr 2013
Florent3571 said:
Gonna give a quick impression on the last 3 episodes.

While ep 6 suffered from some janky shots that didn't show the CGI under it's best light, ep 7-8 were absolutly phenomenal and I feel like a huge idiot for thinking the staff wouldn't put their whole heart into this adaptation.

The direction is SO MUCH more flavorfull then S3 and I'm only realizing it now, it was a good adaptation, but also a pretty safe one apart when Imai was involved but that was a given, here there's an attention to detail in the music direction that's just mindblowing, they know when to use a drop and when to let silence take over.

Also, the designs and art are insane, do you realize the amount of lines on the characters faces ? It's incredible that they're able to keep them consistent with how detailled they are and how little time they have.

So far this season is undeniably great and I'm the first surprised and thrilled by it.
Only episodes I have issues with are 2, 3, 6 and most of them its details that as a manga reader I nitpick on or technical things that in total probably dont amount to a 1/5 of the length of the episode. Episode 7-8 were S tier to me.

Xenocrisi said:
Ehhhhh Sasha’s death didn’t feel emotional at all tbh. It was handled very poorly imo.

Also, I’m not sure I’m following everything the characters are saying. I’m not sure whether I’m braindead or there are some things that will be explained better as the season goes on

Action is bad, animation is bad, exposition of the plot is quite a mess, characters have a 360 turn in personality for whatever reason during the 4 years timeskip.

Disappointing season so far. Definitely not a fan of the timeskip at all. Such a shame

Hmm?
Jan 31, 2021 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
sooooo why did Eren just leave Reiner and Porco there instead of consuming them? Sure he was out of energy, but those two were literally lying there ded (and whatever life Reiner had could've easily been dealt with by Mikasa anywho), wouldn't it have been better to get rid of them there and be done with it lmao? oh wait I forgot reiner plot armor titan kek

and phew, ngl I actually didn't feel that much annoyance at Gabi during her revenge, funnily enough I liked her better in this ep than all the previous eps. Big F for Sasha though, the OST reallllly shined through this ep

But why Jean gotta blame Eren for getting the Scouts involved leading to Sasha's death, when him and all the rest of the SC were ignorant as fuk to not listen to Connie expressing concern over the dude not arriving yet. Like damn they really didn't care for that poor guy at least they faced the consequences in the end.
Jan 31, 2021 11:11 AM

Jan 2021
I never liked Gabi since she was first introduced. Seeing her always made me very uncomfortable. I understand the statements of those who are trying to defend her by saying that she is only child and simply did what in her brainwashed mind seemed or seems right. However, her shooting Sasha, made it very clear for me that I will never be able to feel any sort of empathy towards her - no matter what. I‘ll miss Sasha a lot...
krswJan 31, 2021 11:17 AM
Jan 31, 2021 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
Rifle said:

I agree with everything you said! However, Gabi might be antagonist to us, but she is a protagonist in her own and whole Marley's eyes right now probably. I wonder how she will act from now on too. My guess is our squad is going to tell everything that has happened to Gabi and Falco. Well, we already saw Falco's way of thinking this episode, so I'm pretty sure he is going to warm up to our squad soon, but I don't know about Gabi. She's way too much stubborn than Falco, which reminds me of Eren in the first season. Things are getting very interesting

Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.