Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Tomodachi no Imouto ga Ore ni Dake Uzai' Gets TV Anime

New
Jan 31, 2021 2:12 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The GA Fes 2021 event announced a television anime adaptation of Ghost Mikawa's Tomodachi no Imouto ga Ore ni dake Uzai (My Friend's Little Sister Has It In for Me!) light novel on Sunday. The voice cast from the drama CD will reprise their roles.

Synopsis
If a girl teases you, that means she likes you!

Unfortunately, Akiteru knows from experience that isn't the case. Because every girl he interacts with shows him nothing but scorn, and he's not scored a single date from it! Luckily, he's more concerned with securing a spot for him and his game-development buddies at his uncle's business.

But when his uncle throws him a condition that involves playing the part of his daughter's boyfriend, Akiteru has no choice but to take it. What will his best friend's sister Iroha, who bullies him relentlessly, think of the news? (Source: J-Novel Club)

Cast
Akiteru Ooboshi: Haruki Ishiya (Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka?)
Iroha Kohinata: Sayumi Suzushiro (Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)
Mashiro Tsukinomori: Tomori Kusunoki (Assassins Pride)
Ozuma Kohinata: Souma Saitou (Qualidea Code)
Sumire Kageishi: Kana Hanazawa (Sora yori mo Tooi Basho)

The romantic comedy light novel has been published under the GA Bunko imprint with illustrations by Tomari since April 2019. SB Creative shipped the sixth volume on December 10, with the seventh volume planned for release on March 12, which includes a third drama CD.

Square Enix's Manga UP! web magazine began serializing a manga adaptation by Hira Hiraoka in December 2019. The second volume shipped November 7 last year.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel in English last November and plans to release the first volume digitally on February 10.

Announcement

Novel special site: https://ga.sbcr.jp/sp/imouza/
Official Twitter: @imouza_PR

Source: GA Bunko official Twitter

Tomodachi no Imouto ga Ore ni dake Uzai on MAL
VindstotJan 31, 2021 3:50 PM

Jan 31, 2021 2:54 AM

May 2020
So this is getting an anime eh. I've read a few chapters of the manga and it's been pretty alright. I don't know how different the manga is from the LN, but I'm definitely gonna check this out when it airs :D
Jan 31, 2021 2:58 AM

Mar 2012
YES IT"S HERE.

I know this will get anime from the very first volume. My new favorite LN.

Stan Iroha and Aki.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 31, 2021 2:59 AM

Oct 2017
And she bullies him cause she's just a tsundere who likes him?
Jan 31, 2021 3:03 AM

Sep 2019
>when his uncle throws him a condition that involves playing the part of his daughter's boyfriend, Akiteru has no choice but to take it.

Lmao, Akiteru's a cultured man.
Jan 31, 2021 3:09 AM

Feb 2016
Glad the the cast is the same as that of the drama cd. They all fit their roles really well.

3 more anime adaptations left from today's GA Bunko event
Jan 2021
I am watching Horimiya now so I think it would be a good romcom

Oct 2018
I wonder if this anime holds a vibe of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san? Well I'll go and watch it once the anime comes out.
Forum set made by Nate
Jan 31, 2021 3:12 AM

Jan 2016
FUCK YES

This along with Tomozaki Kun are my 2 favorite ongoing romcom light novels.

It's not something original but the humor is great and I like the character development that each character has gotten so far

J Novel Club recently finished the first volume and it should be coming out in 10 days if anyone's interested
Jan 31, 2021 3:14 AM

Mar 2012
Cocoa_Hoto said:
I wonder if this anime holds a vibe of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san? Well I'll go and watch it once the anime comes out.
It isn't actually. You will be disappointed expecting that way.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 31, 2021 3:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Literally no idea what to expect from this but I’m curious and that’s enough to make me watch the show.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 31, 2021 4:00 AM

Apr 2014
yes!!! it's here.
As a light novel reader, it's pretty enjoyable. Iroha is the best girl.
Hope it will turn out to be a good adaptation.

Cocoa_Hoto said:

no. it isn't actually Takagi-san level. But, I think you will enjoy it anyway.
AkeZZZJan 31, 2021 4:06 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 31, 2021 4:06 AM

Apr 2012
Not that I mind, I love the manga adaptation of this LN, but why did the Japanese suddenly decide to give hype for adaptations of school LNs if the industry itself is gradually moving away from school topics?
Jan 31, 2021 4:12 AM

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
Not that I mind, I love the manga adaptation of this LN, but why did the Japanese suddenly decide to give hype for adaptations of school LNs if the industry itself is gradually moving away from school topics?
No the industry actually start cycling back to high school romcom. From now on you will actually start to see them again more often.
Jan 31, 2021 4:41 AM

Apr 2012
NeoAnkara said:
RobertBobert said:
No the industry actually start cycling back to high school romcom. From now on you will actually start to see them again more often.

Really? A couple of months ago, it seemed to me that Frog-kun wrote in his article that LN gradually dropped out of school due to oversaturation.

Jan 31, 2021 4:50 AM

Jul 2015
So many anime with sadodere main girl recently. Not even mad, tho.

Jan 31, 2021 4:51 AM

Jul 2017
LOLS I just started reading the manga adaptation of the LN, and this came out?

Well, if the harem keeps coming, I'm not complaining!
Jan 31, 2021 4:59 AM

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
NeoAnkara said:

Really? A couple of months ago, it seemed to me that Frog-kun wrote in his article that LN gradually dropped out of school due to oversaturation.

You may still see isekai here and there but high school romcom are gradually making comeback. It's pure magical academy that still haven't back yet since that can clash with isekai.
Jan 31, 2021 6:02 AM

Aug 2016
Imouto, I'm out..........

Friend's Imouto, I'm back in.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 31, 2021 6:31 AM

Dec 2016
Read the manga version and will watch the anime.
Jan 31, 2021 10:05 AM

Apr 2012
NeoAnkara said:
RobertBobert said:

You may still see isekai here and there but high school romcom are gradually making comeback. It's pure magical academy that still haven't back yet since that can clash with isekai.

So, will we get more school LNs soon? I don't mind if it's not a generic comedy with a poorly justified harem.

Jan 31, 2021 10:41 AM

Feb 2015
OH THIS LN.... Made me incel tilt too much.... I'm assuming it'll prolly adapt vol.1-5 or close to it, the love triangle is too much for me to handle so I had to drop the series. I didnt really like the MC that much too so yes. Well pretty sure kouhai will win but honestly I dont give a damn... MC's high horse and ego is umm too much for me. I felt like a depress HSer who felt like he was below when he was actually towering everyone is like... I've seen enough?

Grats tho...
Jan 31, 2021 11:39 AM

Sep 2020
I don't know if I should happy or not.

Jan 31, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2013
What kind of harem is this. The kind where all the girls try and fail or the one where he fucks them all?
Feb 1, 2021 9:16 AM

Jul 2019
I will definitely watch.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Feb 1, 2021 8:28 PM
Feb 2021
JokerVentura said:
Imouto, I'm out..........

Friend's Imouto, I'm back in.

trash ass tastes i see

More topics from this board

» Production Staff for 'Utagoe wa Mille-Feuille' Announced

Vindstot - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon' 2nd Season Reveals New Cast, Staff for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

10 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Samishigariya no Ryuu' Anime Movie Announced for 2025

Vindstot - Sep 21

20 by MichaelJackson »»
Yesterday, 4:46 PM

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Sep 21

8 by UberBat »»
Yesterday, 3:06 PM

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Season 2 Announced for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

4 by Sleabedybarb »»
Yesterday, 1:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.