Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 30, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Reki continues to display his daredevil tactics in this show. Risky but it's the way but that's his personality. Those are some pretty smooth moves and even audience is impressed.

Adam's mysterious vibe carried into this episode as well but I find his moves even more impressive.
Jan 30, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2019
Damn you, Adam. Keeps amazing me with those moves of yours.
On the contrary, Reki did a fantastic job of showing his own skills which were rather impressive considering who he is up against.
I just keep getting hooked on to this show more and more every week.(even tho Idk anything about Skating :P)
Jan 30, 2021 10:58 AM

Mar 2015
I don't understand the reason to challenge Reki first, why not challenge Langa himself if you don't care about Reki?

Sick race, really fun, I was kinda expecting him to fly at the end since this is just crazy.
Jan 30, 2021 11:12 AM
Sep 2015
I love how this anime doesn't afraid to present homosexual element. In fact, ADAM might hide his sexual orientation in real life, and he can truly be him when he skate. Next episode will be even more clear judging from the preview.

Joe and Cherry don't fully skate yet. Just as ADAM's assistance, which I guess that he'll be just as good, if not better skater. But Joe is the one that catch my eyes since he skates shirtlessly LOL
Jan 30, 2021 11:19 AM

Sep 2019
Adam's a fucking God, he does things I couldn't even think of. I love everything about Adam. His personality, style, VA... it's a perfect character.

It was a great episode, this was my favorite episode so far but the next one will probably top it.
Jan 30, 2021 11:21 AM
Oct 2020
just me or ADAM is giving me very much DIO from jjba vibes
Jan 30, 2021 11:24 AM
Jun 2020
ADAM did not disappoint (Also his theme sounds cool)
Jan 30, 2021 11:29 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I want ADAM to be my dad.
Jan 30, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
damn, this adam guy is such a dick. race was really sick but feel bad for reki, hopefully langa can kick adam's ass next episode.
Jan 30, 2021 11:37 AM

May 2020
Shadow seems like a nice guy, he's helping the kids a lot (even if he says he doesn't want to)!!!
I was really fascinated with Adam's skills but still, why did he do that to Reki T_T
Jan 30, 2021 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
eqorio said:

yeah, gave roswall from re:zero vibes too
Jan 30, 2021 11:43 AM

Mar 2016
eqorio said:

They mean, they share the same VA, so it isn't surprising.
Jan 30, 2021 11:53 AM
Jul 2013
Can this show like let Reki have his moments anywhere lmao instead of constantly putting him down for the sake of Langa. its always all Langa, Langa, Langa, Langa, Langa lmao i hope Reki stays a proper lead WITH Langa instead of being his supportive sidekick that got him into this sport.
Jan 30, 2021 11:53 AM

Jul 2020
Honestly, as much as I'm enjoying this, I can't tell if this show wants to be realistic or unrealistic because this episode had a longboard skating on a diagonal wall with the skateboard being parallel.

I'm pretty sure I know enough about skateboarding to know that this isn't possible
Jan 30, 2021 12:15 PM

Oct 2019
Damn son. Sk8 Saturday. I was not expecting this episode to be this good. Especially tricked out SKATER DIO's board looking like a bull. Looking really good.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jan 30, 2021 12:24 PM
Dec 2020
ADAM gave me Hisoka vibes this entire episode. regardless, a solid episode omg cant wait for next week
Jan 30, 2021 12:40 PM
Dec 2015
Does anyone know the song that was playing during reki and adams race?
Jan 30, 2021 12:43 PM

Jun 2019
ADAM was pretty crazy. I liked how his style of skating is all about crushing his oppenents, which are usually skaters with great promise. It really adds to his characterization, not to mention how insane it looks from an animation perspective.
Jan 30, 2021 12:47 PM
Mar 2014
phantomfandom said:
I love how this anime doesn't afraid to present homosexual element. In fact, ADAM might hide his sexual orientation in real life, and he can truly be him when he skate. Next episode will be even more clear judging from the preview.

Joe and Cherry don't fully skate yet. Just as ADAM's assistance, which I guess that he'll be just as good, if not better skater. But Joe is the one that catch my eyes since he skates shirtlessly LOL

I picked up on that too. When his aunts talked about finding himself a bride, it appeared as if Adam was in the closet and that's why he hasn't married yet.
Jan 30, 2021 12:52 PM
Sep 2020
It was very enjoyable I will be continuing to watching and will look forward to next week for episode 5
Jan 30, 2021 1:05 PM

Jun 2020
If ADAM ain't gay, I'll stop watching anime
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 30, 2021 1:09 PM
Jan 2019
Mika-taicho said:
Can this show like let Reki have his moments anywhere lmao instead of constantly putting him down for the sake of Langa. its always all Langa, Langa, Langa, Langa, Langa lmao i hope Reki stays a proper lead WITH Langa instead of being his supportive sidekick that got him into this sport.

Yeah, I love everything else, I just want Reki to be able to shine a bit more. Langa is cool, but he's had the spotlight the whole time, it's like the main boy's just used as a stepping stool for Langa.
Jan 30, 2021 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
This... is a masterpiece. The anime of the year easily. I don't need to see any others to know this for a fact.
Jan 30, 2021 1:35 PM
Jan 2021
Great episode! Loving this show so far.
Jan 30, 2021 1:40 PM
Jul 2020
Miya please shove your skateboard up my arse im begging you.
Jan 30, 2021 1:53 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
An improvement over last week for sure. Really happy to see Reki actually working and fighting for something rather than taking a backseat to Langa. And while he fought back well against Adam, to a point where Adam had to use his ultimate move, I knew he would end up losing. Which of course now we're back to focusing on Langa.

Well after this week I guess we now know that this is leaning towards more of the fantastical rather than realistic when it comes to skateboard moves. Some of the moves Adam did should have significantly slowed him down.

It's really too bad this is a guy centric anime, because like every girl shown so far is really pretty, like the Flower Shop manager.
Jan 30, 2021 2:00 PM

Nov 2019
They queer coded the creepy villain. Typical..

Jan 30, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
well I guess this will turn into Super Saiyan mode soon with all these impossible moves

I don't like support animes when they include superpowers, but maybe I will like this one since there are no rules in this support anyway

Jan 30, 2021 2:10 PM

Aug 2018
this_shit_again said:

Mmm yes, because gay people are only allowed to be bland good guys and never do anything problematic. All gay characters must be muh positive representation...
Jan 30, 2021 2:23 PM

Nov 2019
Gallyleo said:
this_shit_again said:

Mmm yes, because gay people are only allowed to be bland good guys and never do anything problematic. All gay characters must be muh positive representation...

Because clearly that's what's happening in Japanese animated works..
Jan 30, 2021 2:46 PM
Dec 2020
I don't know why, but for some reason I just can't get into this show beyond the animation quality. Like I can see why a lot of people are liking it, but is it because of the skateboarding? The characters are okay, the skateboarding is neat, but i don't feel like there's a whole lot going on that's keeping me hooked.

And I tend to like sports anime. Am i missing something?
Jan 30, 2021 2:55 PM

Aug 2020
Sick episode, feel bad for Reki though, always seems to be failing while Langa just gets everything done 100 time better than him.

Still cheering Langa on though.
Jan 30, 2021 3:09 PM

May 2019
Adam turned out to be even crazier than expected. I've never expected Reki to win, I believe no one did, but damn, I wasn't expecting such a horrifying experience for him. The crash at the end is enough to kill or heavily injure a person, but since people here have bones of steel, I don't think Reki's skating career is over yet.

Shadow and Miya made a better duo than I expected. Honestly, character relationships here are very organic and don't seem forced at all. Especially Reki and Langa are truly best buddies. Their friendship didn't feel fake even for a second.

As for Langa, I have no idea how his match with Adam will turn out (but he'll will definitely learn that uphill trick) but I'm honestly more excited for his beef with Joe and Cherry Blossom.

4 eps in, still entertaining as heck. This is AOTS worthy for me. Definitely deserves a higher score than 8.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 30, 2021 3:34 PM

Sep 2018
There was some brilliant voice acting in this week's episode! I gotta hand some special kudos to Reki's VA though, his lines during the beef felt really authentic.

Based on what the OP has given us, I'm thinking that Langa's fate against ADAM won't be as lucky as his other matches... We'll know what Bones has got in store for us next week though, I'll be looking forward to that.
Jan 30, 2021 3:45 PM

Apr 2015
the show finally full-on admitted to being about gayness, not about skating, so I hope all the bitching "its not realistic skating" people will remove themselves from the fanbase.
I personally am enjoying myself so far. I was shaking the whole episode and not because of fear :P
OberonFelsachJan 30, 2021 5:24 PM
Jan 30, 2021 3:45 PM

Dec 2020
I just hope Adam defeat Langa nxt week coz it will be so unrealistic. Reki who has been skating for as long as he remembers but he can't win a single race whereas Langa wins every race he enters, and he is new to skateboarding, I know that he has been snowboarding since his childhood but it's still not the same.

Also, it pisses me off when everyone ignores Reki and Langa gets all the attention ;( hope this is just for build up and that Reki gets some focus and character development later on
Jan 30, 2021 3:54 PM

Mar 2020
Will_do_it_later said:
I just hope Adam defeat Langa nxt week coz it will be so unrealistic. Reki who has been skating for as long as he remembers but he can't win a single race whereas Langa wins every race he enters, and he is new to skateboarding, I know that he has been snowboarding since his childhood but it's still not the same.

Also, it pisses me off when everyone ignores Reki and Langa gets all the attention ;( hope this is just for build up and that Reki gets some focus and character development later on

This. I really feel bad that even though Reki was the first character you're introduced to and you start liking, he gets the short end of the stick that he just isn't as good or unique as Langa.

The guy basically acts like a teacher to Langa by teaching him how to skate and building a skateboard for him but somehow he himself hasn't won any race so far, and is basically just the sidekick character to Langa's "unique charm".
Jan 30, 2021 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
T1mma said:
Honestly, as much as I'm enjoying this, I can't tell if this show wants to be realistic or unrealistic because this episode had a longboard skating on a diagonal wall with the skateboard being parallel.

I'm pretty sure I know enough about skateboarding to know that this isn't possible

You don't even have to go that far. When's the last time you seen a Skateboard with horns on it or a smart Skateboard?
Jan 30, 2021 4:26 PM

Mar 2020
I didn't think they could make skating this cool and intense!

Adam's skating is great all around; however, some of his techniques are meant to hurt the other skater. It was Displayed in this episode. His dance with Reki and then the love hug. Reki gonna have to take a trip to the hospital.

Guess will see what Langa has to offer to the table next episode!
Jan 30, 2021 4:27 PM
Aug 2018
Why are they doing my boy Reki dirty like that? Show some love, he deserves it. Its really starting to piss me off how they give all the attention to Langa. Don't get me wrong i love them both but i need both of them to be good not just one.
Jan 30, 2021 5:02 PM
Jun 2017
love hug!!!! what a move by ADAM, and it just shows us what a god tier level S he is
Jan 30, 2021 5:07 PM

Sep 2017
Bruh I know you all wanna see Reki take a W for once, but did you really think he could win here? Now I could get what you are saying if Langa wins again against Adam but there is no way that happens.
Jan 30, 2021 6:07 PM
Apr 2020
Adam is really dangerous, Reki looks traumatized while skating and now he's injured. Next is beef between Adam and Langa!

Jan 30, 2021 6:17 PM

Feb 2017
T1mma said:

My dude.. stop looking for "realism" in anime, sk8 the infinity never presented itself as a purely realistic skate anime.
Jan 30, 2021 6:27 PM

Jul 2020
MiiyoSon said:
T1mma said:

You don't even have to go that far. When's the last time you seen a Skateboard with horns on it or a smart Skateboard?

lmao that is pretty true, but I think it's just for visual appeal
Jan 30, 2021 6:29 PM

Jul 2020
tottobennington said:
T1mma said:

My dude.. stop looking for "realism" in anime, sk8 the infinity never presented itself as a purely realistic skate anime.

Fair, but there are times like this episode where they animated the casper slide where I think they want to try and be realistic.

I honestly don't mind too much about the realism of this show since I enjoy a lot, but it's just off-putting at times
Jan 30, 2021 6:31 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
good episode.

Finally get to see Adam (aka DIO) skate against Reki. My guy actually grabbed him like a freak of nature and then proceeds to go uphill. The way he started off after smoking for a good minute or two was insane.

Even though Reki got his ass beat, I really would like to see Cherry and Joe duke it out with Adam.

I'm very much looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 30, 2021 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
lol they went full Koyasu with ADAM.

Jan 30, 2021 7:18 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, Adam has some absolutely absurd but fancy moves. I don't the first things about skateboarding but I'd be curious if those moves of his are even possible. Neverthless, very entertaining episode.

I loved how Reki regained his motivation in the middle of the race but the final scene made me feel bad for him. Adam literally just drove straight back in his face, that was unneedful.
Jan 30, 2021 7:29 PM
Jul 2020
adam + zeke yeager = same va = both are annoying character lmao
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM

» Redundant

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

0 by OnlyAraku »»
Dec 31, 2023 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.