Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 22, 2021 9:45 PM
Aug 2011
BilboBaggins365 said:

I mean that series is hardly a good comparison here plus shojo manga is like that too. Take Say I Love You hot guy who literally has the opportunity to be a model takes an interest in this ordinary girl compared to even his past more romance fashionable interest that in most instances they would go for.

This is a really good point. There sheer slew of reverse harems, otome and shoujo. It's always some clumsy girl gets one, two or more super hot rich guys fighting over her affections for no explicable reasons.

Occam's razor here. Incels are nothing to do with anime.
cipheronJan 22, 2021 9:51 PM
Jan 22, 2021 9:49 PM

Oct 2017
cipheron said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

I mean that series is hardly a good comparison here plus shojo manga is like that too. Take Say I Love You hot guy who literally has the opportunity to be a model takes an interest in this ordinary girl compared to even his past more romance fashionable interest that in most instances they would go for.

This is a really good point. There sheer slew of reverse harems, otome and shoujo. It's always some clumsy girl gets one, two or more super hot rich guys fighting over her affections for no explicable reasons.

Occam's razor here. Incels are nothing to do with anime.

I murdered the grammar in that statement lol maybe I should just take a break. Though yeah I will add even in some of the cases here like Shield Hero Naofumi is actually a pretty attractive guy so it's not always a generic looking MC to self insert into. If you ever get into YA lit targeted towards girls you tend to hear similar complaints to isekai/harem titles targeted to guys. It's about the same kind of writing really.
BilboBaggins365Jan 22, 2021 9:52 PM
Jan 22, 2021 9:58 PM
Aug 2011
BilboBaggins365 said:

I murdered the grammar in that statement lol maybe I should just take a break. Though yeah I will add even in some of the cases here like Shield Hero Naofumi is actually a pretty attractive guy so it's not always a generic looking MC to self insert into. If you ever get into YA lit targeted towards girls you tend to hear similar complaints to isekai/harem titles targeted to guys. It's about the same kind of writing really.

Yep, self-inserts don't need to be *fugly*. Think about attractiveness. it's something people can believe about themselves, want to believe about themselves. So it's normal for a blank slate character to be somewhat attractive. But they're not going to make them a super-model. Think Bridget Jones. However making them *not too attractive* probably explains Jennifer Anniston.
Jan 22, 2021 10:04 PM
Jan 2021
ok? if those are incel bait what do you call all the countless shoujo manga that have reverse harems with guys stalking and thirsting for a girl constantly?

Femcel - bait?

Jan 23, 2021 12:06 AM

Nov 2017
smallasiangirl said:
I'm talking about shows like Shield Hero, SAO, Rent a GF, or Bunny Senpai. It usually centers around one dude in a cast of ladies, typically portrayed with more depth than any of the girls throughout the show.

I'm also taking into consideration that as a girl, I wouldn't relate much to male power fantasies.

If you like these kinds of shows, especially if it's one of the 4 listed, what do you find appealing about them?

First off, the protag in bunny girl senpai did not have more depth than co-protag, Mai. Shield bro did not have more depth than co-protag, Raphtalia.

Are Shield Bro and Bunny Girl "male power fantasies"? No. Shield Bro is a bitch, his victories are moral and not related to power. Morality cannot be related to power. Those most moral have died the most pyrrhic victories throughout history: Joan of Arc, Socrates, Jesus Christ. LOL, do you know any history at all? You need to watch the movie A Man for All Seasons (1966). Morality is not a fucking power fantasy.

An incel bait anime is more like...the Trump administration, or the Bolsinaro administration, or Brexit, or voting for Putin, or voting for Xi Jinping or One Child Policy bros because men are stronger than girls (thus creating a manly paradise of men).

Shield Bro and Bunny Girl are not incel bait. To even call them Otaku bait...well, Shield Bro is a little, but if you don't like guys then I guess it will be useless for you. If you don't like normie marriage heterosexual pairings as over 80% of the population does, then I don't know what to say to you.

Even SAO's protag does not have more depth than his girlfriend/game wife. Do you think wives are cuckolds? You're taking this extremely far. One person in the pairing is masculine, the other feminine. Let's not confuse power dynamics with natural testosterone vs estrogen biology.

Honestly OP, you're having like a twitter crisis right now and talking straight out of misguided feminism. I feel sorry for your miasma of confusion.

How is a classic, heterosexual relationship pairing a male power fantasy? In what world is that true? The man takes the woman sexually eventually through consent and the woman gives the man responsibility and stability. The woman gains the same. This is called parenting.

What on earth are we talking about? Straightness is inceldom now? A guy likes women so he's an incel? Normies are incels? I don't think you know what incel means, you got your lingo mixed up.

These shows are cheered for being harems with balanced power dynamics. I don't know what more you want. 90s harems were like Tenchi, just a shade of beige surrounded by beautiful woman with all the relationship power and acting more like the masculine man. Bunny Girl is a consenting hetero relationship. Same for Shield Bro and SAO.

You confused, OP.
Jan 23, 2021 12:16 AM

Oct 2018
This is bait, just another person trying to get attention. congrats! you got it!

Jan 23, 2021 12:37 AM

Apr 2014
I decide to look at this forum for the first time In a while and I remember why I left
Jan 23, 2021 12:38 AM
Jan 2018
I wouldn’t call Bunny Girl Senpai an incel bait show, but things like Shield Hero are classic incel bait shows that exist just for self projection power fantasies on a “relatable” protagonist. Oregairu is to an extent as well. It’s pretty funny to see people attempt to deny and defend these though.
Jan 23, 2021 12:42 AM

Apr 2019
smallasiangirl said:
I'm also taking into consideration that as a girl, I wouldn't relate much to male power fantasies.
The equivalent content for female fetish fantasies exists as well, yet given their lower market share less of it. E.g. Diabolik Lovers or Shin Shirayuki-hime Densetsu Prétear and similar reverse harem shows. Why do those shows exist? Because there is a market for them. That simple.

Jan 23, 2021 12:51 AM
Feb 2020
Why not just let people enjoy what they want to enjoy??
Jan 23, 2021 1:02 AM
Nov 2019
smallasiangirl said:
I'm talking about shows like Shield Hero, SAO, Rent a GF, or Bunny Senpai. It usually centers around one dude in a cast of ladies, typically portrayed with more depth than any of the girls throughout the show.

If you like these kinds of shows, especially if it's one of the 4 listed, what do you find appealing about them?

same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same same
Jan 23, 2021 1:08 AM

Dec 2016
It shouldn't be that hard to understand why a female would lack the required understanding of a male power fantasy. Like how I find reverse harem absolutely unappealing. Stop trying to gaslight incels into giving e-girls their money instead of hard working incel bait productions. They have it hard enough as it is and should buy sex dolls and give me their money instead.
Jan 23, 2021 1:21 AM
May 2016
sighhhhhhhh, i guess im an incel now
Jan 23, 2021 1:36 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I feel like incel is used so liberally at this point that I kind of just want to start treating it the same as when I start seeing people toss around cuck or SJW as a pejorative label, which is pretty much putting them in the "yeah just shut up and fuck off, you're not worth the thought" mental category

Even in cases where the label seems like it's fair, like with Redo of Healer's concept/framing of the rape, it just becomes hard to take seriously anymore whenever you're going to get accused of inceldom in one way or another by some fucking looney if you just like anime tits

Just bleh, what's the point? If somebody's first reaction is to start tossing incel around why shouldn't I just bin them by association due to being so eager and willing to toss it around as a pejorative like that?
ManabanJan 23, 2021 1:49 AM

Jan 23, 2021 2:01 AM
Aug 2011
Manaban said:
I feel like incel is used so liberally at this point that I kind of just want to start treating it the same as when I start seeing people toss around cuck or SJW as a pejorative label, which is pretty much putting them in the "yeah just shut up and fuck off, you're not worth the thought" mental category

Even in cases where the label seems like it's fair, like with Redo of Healer's concept/framing of the rape, it just becomes hard to take seriously anymore whenever you're going to get accused of inceldom in one way or another by some fucking looney if you just like anime tits

Just bleh, what's the point? If somebody's first reaction is to start tossing incel around why shouldn't I just bin them by association due to being so eager and willing to toss it around as a pejorative like that?

I'm not even sure what to think. For a start, the OP has Ishuzoku Reviewers in their frikken favorites. Now, while i couldn't care less what shows people have in their favorites, that becomes a more questionable decision when that same person is mass-labeling people who saw shows as diverse as SAO and Bunny Senpai as being "incels".

99% of SAO is a guy who's really good at swinging a sword around. While he gets *a girl*, it's literally one girl. Asuna who he meets in season one becomes his long-term girlfriend for the entire duration of the story. There are other girls in the show but they aren't actually romantic interests, almost all of them are just people he helps out along the way. Shion in Gun Gale Online (the third cour of SAO) for example becomes friends with him. But she thought he was a girl the entire time, because his GGO avatar had a female appearance. So there was never a romantic connection made, either from her end, because she thought he was a same-sex friend basically the entire time, or from his end, because he was already going out with Asuna from way back in the first season.

While SAO is far from the greatest show ever, saying it's somehow incel bait because there are a number of female characters in it is far off the mark. The problem with that is that there are dozens of prominent male characters too, and the hero basically got into a long-term relationship right at the start of the series, effectively ending any sort of "who will he pick" thing before it could even begin.

One part that's common to it is that many of the plot arcs focus on a female character and whatever troubles she's going though, and the hero helps her out with that. But these, like many light novels are mostly about the hero entering *her* world and having to learn to navigate things and assisting her in achieving her goals, while having some overlapping reason that he was there in the first place. In the GGO arc of SAO, it's the female character Shion who gets all the development. Kirito is really just there to complete a mission and inadvertently stumbles into her life problems, which are the real focus of the story. He had no personal reason for any of it, it was just a mission, so he doesn't get any character development in the arc. Shion gets the detailed backstory, character arc and redemption.
cipheronJan 23, 2021 2:27 AM
Jan 23, 2021 2:06 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
cipheron said:
Manaban said:

I'm not even sure what to think. For a start, the OP has Ishuzoku Reviewers in their frikken favorites.

Now, while i couldn't care less what shows people have in their favorites, that becomes a more questionable decision when that same persom is mass-labeling people who saw shows as diverse as SAO and Bunny Senpai as being "incels".

I mean OP is literally followed up their thread posts with 4 posts just directly attacking people for liking harems and stuff in pretty nasty ways, so it's kind of obvious they just want to provoke, OP isn't relevant to my weltschmertz here, kind of an obvious troll thread

Just outside of OP, it feels so ubiquitous now that I feel like the only way I can avoid being labeled as an incel and getting associated with that type of shit is literally just not like the type of shit I like anymore, which, in turn, makes it feels more like just trying to bully/mock people at a certain point whenever they probably don't have anything to do with incels in the first place, just grouping whoever you can in there so you can justify treating them like shit for no reason

Annoying as shit and a cowardly as fuck tactic to use against people you're knowingly catching in the crossfire really
ManabanJan 23, 2021 2:12 AM

Jan 23, 2021 2:13 AM

Oct 2015
Manaban said:

That's how the owrld is now sadly yes.
"ok boomer"
"ok incel"
"ok simp"
"ok nazi"
"ok sjw"
"ok <insert whatever pejorative label here>"
Jan 23, 2021 2:29 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Nefelupitou said:
The boy from Bunny Girl isn't an incel, he's the Chad.
I mean, Mai is one of the hottest anime girl out there and she's his bitch.

Beat me to it. Also this thread is biased. You know what is the counterpart that women flock to instead of

smallasiangirl said:
take the time to really understand women instead of relying on fantasies.

Those are chick flicks, K-dramas, the list goes on. Don't be a misandrist. Everybody is an escapist to varying degrees
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Jan 23, 2021 2:32 AM

Jun 2012
catefr said:
sighhhhhhhh, i guess im an incel now

Rather a Incel knowing the difference between fantasy and reality while enjoying something and letting other people enjoy what they want.

Than being condescending, combative, simple minded and letting others think for you.
Jan 23, 2021 2:34 AM
Jan 2017
They’re just for them to party with a girl they’ll probably never have
Jan 23, 2021 2:47 AM
May 2016
Well i watched 2 of the shows and i love them both.And the least i was worried is 1mc and a bunch of girls around him,thats not why i started the shows and that's not why i continued them both or why i loved them.
For both of the shows the only thing that matter to me was premise and that both animes were in adventure,fantasy genre.After its execution of the story,whether there was those relationships or not i did not care.1 girl,10 girls,10guys,100 tenticle monster,couldn't give a f***.
A good story with perfect execution and some unexplored world waiting to be discovered is all i want.
Jan 23, 2021 3:03 AM
IRL Aqua

Jun 2017
Manaban said:
cipheron said:

I'm not even sure what to think. For a start, the OP has Ishuzoku Reviewers in their frikken favorites.

Now, while i couldn't care less what shows people have in their favorites, that becomes a more questionable decision when that same persom is mass-labeling people who saw shows as diverse as SAO and Bunny Senpai as being "incels".

I mean OP is literally followed up their thread posts with 4 posts just directly attacking people for liking harems and stuff in pretty nasty ways, so it's kind of obvious they just want to provoke, OP isn't relevant to my weltschmertz here, kind of an obvious troll thread

Just outside of OP, it feels so ubiquitous now that I feel like the only way I can avoid being labeled as an incel and getting associated with that type of shit is literally just not like the type of shit I like anymore, which, in turn, makes it feels more like just trying to bully/mock people at a certain point whenever they probably don't have anything to do with incels in the first place, just grouping whoever you can in there so you can justify treating them like shit for no reason

Annoying as shit and a cowardly as fuck tactic to use against people you're knowingly catching in the crossfire really

I would really like see you try finding messages of me being "nasty" :). I'd say I was being very polite with @doshiteKAMISAMA and @Davidh39
Jan 23, 2021 3:04 AM

May 2020
danstrummer said:
Nefelupitou said:
The boy from Bunny Girl isn't an incel, he's the Chad.
I mean, Mai is one of the hottest anime girl out there and she's his bitch.

You mean the friendless, sex pervert who unironically says cringe and creepy sexual remarks?

In all seriousness, I really disliked that anime. The premise of a creepy social reject going around solving problems for a bunch of waifus practically screamed wish-fulfilment power fantasy.

wait! hold on a second, ive never seen a guy like sakuta because like hes so diff than other romance drama that i watch like isnt that what u want from mc in romance genre . idk wym by friendless if u watch it he got 2 bf and that enough for him. i mean, thats normal for boy to a pervert but hes not that pervert.
Jan 23, 2021 3:33 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
smallasiangirl said:

I would really like see you try finding messages of me being "nasty" :). I'd say I was being very polite with @doshiteKAMISAMA and @Davidh39

I mean, y'know.

smallasiangirl said:

That's so sad. Sometimes I wish guys like that could take the time to really understand women instead of relying on harem power fantasies.

smallasiangirl said:

I have the preconceived notion that (straight) men who like these kinds of anime have 0 bitches or have never touched a woman. I am seeking for a new perspective on these anime and on the fans of them.

smallasiangirl said:

Yeah, I can get behind dudes with genuine social anxiety or maybe even depression finding comfort in these kinds of anime. I'm also referring to just Western anime fans since factoring in Japanese culture would probably be another topic entirely.

You immediately went in on it being a result of some kind of mental or social deficit. I don't think anybody is tone deaf enough to where they won't see how that's kind of fucking insulting. And you don't even own up to it, you just go "I'm trying to look for a new perspective :)))))" like that's going to change that you basically started off using this thread to be as insulting and demeaning as possible. You can't veil hostile, insulting shit behind nice words and have convince people you have well intentions.

But that's not even my biggest issue. I see that and I don't think you put forth the thought or effort in trying to understand the people you're making this thread about, because you immediately ran with insults and pejoratives as soon as this thread got off the ground. Like, you went straight lifestyle and mental health accusations, as if that's the only obvious conclusion there is. And it really isn't if you'd be willing to try to think about this type of thing on your own - it's just a goddamn appeal to a type of fantasy, like pretty much every other form of escapist media. Not everything being different from what you like or understand is a result of a social or mental deficit. That's just having basic social common sense, because when you're met with some kind of difference you don't understand in real life you don't immediately resort to publicly accusing the other party of just having mental or social deficits. I mean, you *can* but I'd like to see you do something like that at a job and see how well your co-workers take it and how long you're welcome in that workspace, or say stuff like that to your friends if you run into problems like this with them and see how long you hold onto their friendship, so on and so forth.

And if I'm not convinced that you didn't even put forth any thought or effort on the topic on your own, and I see you immediately dart to these types of accusations and labels, why am I going to believe that you're approaching making this thread with any kind of good faith like you have been claiming you are throughout? Why wouldn't I believe that you just didn't want to have a proxy to put other people down because you think they're weird or don't approve of a show they like? Which, hell, I won't stop you, but I'll sure as fuck get annoyed if you end up targeting a group I fall into a bunch indirectly, i.e. the heavy implication that people like me are incels for liking harem shows.

Like it or not, I'm not a fucking incel, I don't hate women, I'm not socially awkward, I'm not sexually frustrated, and I'm not depressed. I do fuckin' have fantasies and I like media that can indulge in said fantasies. And just because I enjoy media that can do that doesn't suddenly mean my perception of reality is so utterly fucking warped that I expect a real relationship to play out like a fucking harem anime, or that I'd demand it to, so on and so forth, because it doesn't need to and *I* don't need it to, for that matter. The fact that I even have to sit here and say that so often - *because* of warped ideas that people like you seem to thoughtlessly bite into rather than anything on my end - is fucking demeaning in of itself. It's dehumanizing as *fuck* because it projects an infantile social understanding onto me over something incredibly trite and superficial, but what do I expect from somebody who's immediate response to shit like this is to assume that the problem has to have some extreme mental/social disorder or be an incel? Why would I expect basic human consideration from *that*? Because that's also incredibly thoughtless and dehumanizing, so it just fits with the general M.O. of people who come onto the forum and say shit like this. And, unlike a character who's objectified, which is an abstract representation of a fucking fantasy in this context, I am a real fucking person.

What I *am* is someone who is fucking tired of having that type of accusation implicitly levied at me constantly with no real basis other than I like shit like harem anime. It's goddamn true that fiction can influence somebody's perception of reality, but if your understanding of how humans interact with escapist fiction is so fucking unnuanced, then just go sit in the same corner as with the people who wrote shit like Mazes and Monsters back in the '80s because that's about the level of rationality you're at on the topic.

So yeah, I'm going to say that you acted nasty. You seem like a nasty, myopic person. Because that is the type of coy, fake bullshit a nasty, myopic person would pull. Well, more realistically, I'd just say you seem like an outright shitposter wanting to provoke a reaction from someone like me, but w/e, that's on me I guess. I bit the bait. And fuck it anyway, nobody's going to lose sleep over me biting the bait to rant.

By the way, I am indeed single and I haven't been in a relationship for years, so 0 bitches and haven't touched a woman in a while. I will cede that, and I probably won't be in one for a few more years, certainly not while I'm still making an entry-level salary. I can say all of that confidently because my entire life doesn't fucking revolve around whether or not I'm getting pussy. I have other shit to worry about that's more important than whether or not I'm dating anyone right now, and also because *I* am more than that. Like, me, the person. Like it or not, a man's world doesn't necessarily revolve around women no more than a woman's world necessarily revolves around men. It's a two way fucking street in that regard, even if people like you never seem to fucking grasp that.
ManabanJan 23, 2021 5:04 AM

Jan 23, 2021 6:25 AM

Sep 2015
smallasiangirl said:
onceexisted said:
I think those four shows you listed are good but I wouldn't call them a power fantasy maybe shield hero but kazuya is portrayed as a pretty weak main character in my opinion. I don't understand how you could think these anime to have anything to do with incels.
Theo1899 said:
I don't get the connection between incels and these anime.

I have the preconceived notion that (straight) men who like these kinds of anime have 0 bitches or have never touched a woman. I am seeking for a new perspective on these anime and on the fans of them.

Have to be dumbest shit I've ever read. How does anime genre you like relates to your real life sexual encounters? Believe me or not but people don't just fit in ''incel'' and ''chad'' categories, hop off the internet and enjoy some real life because now you actually sound/seem like a femcel who don't get any good dick so you project by creating these threads lol
¬
Jan 23, 2021 6:53 AM

Jul 2019
I've honestly never met anyone who watches anime for self-insert and every time I hear about self-inserters I kinda cringe on the inside. I watch Isekai because I have hope in the category despite its bad reputation and for Rent-A-Girlfriend I just love romance anime and also I like to see how well authors can portray people in their work.
Jan 23, 2021 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
All these shows are literally the same fucking thing every time

>Protagonist is a dude who thinks he's smarter than everyone else
>Everyone is mean to him or stupid, especially other male characters
>Tiny veiled harem
>Started as a Web Novel when the author was in high school
>Poorly written revenge porn where the stupid and mean characters learn the protagonist(Aka the author)'s true worth
>Bonus: It's a fantasy isekai that operates under game logic for no reason and the author's gamer skills are finally relevant

It this was 20 years ago you would probably find them in the Japanese equivalent of fanfiction.net kek they are basically mary sue self insert fanfiction, the quality of the writing is about the same.
Jin_uzukiJan 23, 2021 7:12 AM

Jan 23, 2021 8:47 AM

Dec 2020
OP is just triggering people with her comments and everyone is taking the bait, just ignore her.
Jan 23, 2021 8:52 AM

Sep 2017
I'm not an incel though, I literally liked Shied Hero's story
For other ones, SAO is shit
خ
Jan 23, 2021 8:54 AM
Oct 2020
lol woman do not understand male sex drive it seems. these shows are not incel-bait. they are teenage-boys-bait. the average sao watcher is probably a minor. a minor that is a virgin is not an incel because it is common to be a virgin as a minor. probably most teenage boys have fantasized about having a harem of beautiful girls. of course it is a little bit pathetic to watch these self insert shows but this is not a male phenomenon. there are these kinda shows for women too. for example akatsuki no yona.the original mary su was a woman. maybe women value other things over harems. one reason for the treamendous popularity of harry potter among young girls is mary su hermine. she has no harem but she is the smartest most decent person and the world would be somuch better if more people would listen to her. lots of women think that about themselves.
Jan 23, 2021 9:34 AM

Jul 2016
out of the shows you listed the only one i enjoy is bunny senpai, only since it's way more focused on the romance rather than the bullshit harem.

harems should die out not just because they have bad female characters but because they're butt ass boring
Jan 23, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2015
manelist1 said:
OP is just triggering people with her comments and everyone is taking the bait, just ignore her.

I mentioned this earlier in thread, no one seemed to realize it. OP's list is full of some really rough hentai scored with 6's and 7's, too, along with reverse harems. I'm surprised this thread is still open since it's obvious bait.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 23, 2021 9:44 AM
Oct 2017
Ye Im seeing a lot of these. This season mostly. I can't throw them all into one bag but instead I just judge them separately. It's like it's own genre. Pretty wacky and kinda hard to talk about. But I don't think Bunny girl is like that. There is a certain element of it but it's actually pretty good.
Jan 23, 2021 9:47 AM
Aug 2020
How are sao, bunny girl senpai, and rent a girl friend incel bait????

And the shield hero stuff is rather cliche but i mean this is what happens when someone is charged under a false charge because of a lie.

Jan 23, 2021 9:53 AM

Jan 2018
I stopped taking this seriously when I read your title lmao
What a beautiful Duwang
Jan 23, 2021 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
its all wish fulfillment bs

I'm tired of the cliche of all these girls so easily falling for the same old generic looking MC with generic personality
Jan 23, 2021 10:07 AM
Jan 2020
Shield Hero - Haven't watched it yet
SAO - just bad
KanoKari - For that sweet plot progression and touch of realism (compared to a harem manga that goofs around in a hundred chapters with no plot progression whatsoever)
Bunny Senpai - banter between sakuta and mai, also with that supernatural aspect

Just like you can't understand these "incel-bait" anime, then I, as a dude, can't fathom those yaoi and bishounen stuff you women find appealing. It's most likely gender preferences so that's that.
Jan 23, 2021 10:18 AM
Apr 2018
hello, a guy here. Shield Hero had a cool concept which was sadly kinda forgotten after 5 episodes(hyperbole) and I think that was its selling point. Otherwise the protagonist was pretty meh and the whole girl situation with them being like children and slaves was kinda weird and was probably aimed at the more incely audience.
SAO is for people looking for that edge(teenagers) and also kinda suffers from the same thing shield hero does (cool concept not rly explored very deeply).
I don't understand your point about Rent a GF and bunny girl being incel-bait.
I haven't seen Rent a GF but from what I've heard at least the main girl has a really well developed character and i suspected the others will be properly developed too. Usually incel-bait animes have a rly plain, mostly op mc and harem of girls whose character is just an archetype.
People thought that bunny girl senpai was just going to be another ecchi slice of life or smth, but it was a lot more than that. It's main focus was on the individual girls and their problems. There was very little ecchi if any at all and I think you can make the argument that its title is kinda incel-bait, but otherwise it is the furthest thing from that.

As to your question about why guys enjoy the whole ecchi, school, fantasy, op mc, bigtiddie goth gf type of shit is because we're horny. Nothing more nothing less.
Jan 23, 2021 10:22 AM
Aug 2018
Yeah this whole thread is bait especially coming from this person who scores hentai of all things, listen besides the fact that none of these anime’s were made for Incels (ok maybe SAO but only slightly) you can enjoy any anime you want without being an Incel, you enjoy what you want to and no one should judge you for it. Ecchi, harems, isekai whatever your reason is for liking them remember you can enjoy them without you being judged.
Jan 23, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2020
Tropisch said:
manelist1 said:

I mentioned this earlier in thread, no one seemed to realize it. OP's list is full of some really rough hentai scored with 6's and 7's, too, along with reverse harems. I'm surprised this thread is still open since it's obvious bait.

The way she tries to downgrade the people while at the same time being "polite" gives her away.
I have just seen her list. lmao you are right
Jan 23, 2021 10:49 AM

Aug 2018
smallasiangirl said:

How exactly is Shield Hero, SAO, or Bunny Senpai 'incel' bait anime?

Rent a Girlfriend can be considered 'incel' but the term is rather meaningless as the vast majority of people watching and even aren't 'incels'.

smallasiangirl said:

Not everything has to be relatable. One can enjoy an action movie involving gangs and drug lords just fine, or play as the opposite gender in video games without being transgender, etc.

smallasiangirl said:

Several factors; the plot premise, the soundtracks, the character nuances, how scenes are portrayed for maximum emotional impact, etc.
OpticflashJan 23, 2021 10:52 AM
Jan 23, 2021 11:22 AM

May 2019
Oh this is the thread where an small asian girl discoreved that among weeb community there are lots of incels who like harem power fantasy.

But her mind was still too small to realize that the same incels like shounen, slice of life, terror, comedy as much they like that type, what make the automatic relation pointless.

And sure lots of users without relationship issues also like that genre, like myself.

Btw, my wife likes that bishounen shoujo genre and i can't call her the female version of a delusional fat incel.

After all, has the OC learnt anything?
Jan 23, 2021 11:35 AM
Jul 2013
I'm talking about shows like Shield Hero, SAO, Rent a GF, or Bunny Senpai.
literally 4 of the most different shows possible
none of those is like the others
SAO is a self insert protagoinst
Shield hero is about a struggling hero, and spin on easy isekai life where every girl fawns over you for no reason after transportation
rent a gf is about a wuss who is so sad for any kind of girl interaction that he breaks down to paying for it while simping for the only girl who agreed to talk to him before
bunny senpai is about human perception and problems of how people view themselves vs how others view them

each one is so different from the rest in the group, espically Bunny girl senpai
there are so many incel-bait anime but these aren't them espically bunny girl senpai
Jan 23, 2021 1:49 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't know there was a whole genre for incel-bait anime. Mal should get on that then.

But on a serious note this makes as much sense as the right leaning dudes who use anime in memes. It's a coincidence that those kinds of people like those shows but that doesn't mean it's specifically made for them.
Jan 23, 2021 2:50 PM

May 2018
arent these just harems though? like sure, theyre weird male power fantasy things and probably would appeal to incels in some small degree, but they arent specifically incel bait i would argue.
Jan 23, 2021 3:00 PM
Feb 2020
Judging from your title, I initially thought you were talking about Redo of Healer.

lol.
Jan 23, 2021 3:47 PM

Mar 2019
Having watched SAO, RaG and BGS, to varrying degrees of enjoyment, here's why I like all of them:

SAO: I don't necessarily like it for the harem, Sinon, Asuna and Alice are cute, but all the others can be deleted, I wouldn't care (ok keep Ronie and Tiese because they're precious).
I (and many others can relate to this I think) like it more for the story, the whole concept of being trapped in a virtual world (even if that concept doesn't last) is super interesting, and at the time, it was new. The harem isn't exactly the main focus of the show for me, I don't often let it take over my enjoyment.
I don't really see how it's "incel bait", it's a starter anime, so it's bound to have a few tropes.

Rental GF: Got into this since a few buddies were talking about it, and I can definitely see how it can be incel bait. However, from what i've seen, most people tend to hate the male MC, and prefer the waifus, most being Chizuru simps, and those guys did indeed get baited, she's literally a rental girlfriend.

BGS: I don't see how this one is incel bait at all. It's a more psychological show that has romance elements.
Jan 23, 2021 4:18 PM

Jan 2017
smallasiangirl said:
2077 said:
they like to self-insert as the mc who has a harem and girls all over him but irl theyre just neckbeards who are 300 pounds and live in their moms basement

That's so sad. Sometimes I wish guys like that could take the time to really understand women instead of relying on harem power fantasies.

You don't have to be an incel to watch these shows, for instance, i'm a shredded dude with a girlfriend and a pretty good social life but i still enjoy them. They most certainly are not my favorites by any means but still, sometimes you just wanna watch some good synergy between characters that go further and develops into relationships. But yeah, 2 out of the 4 shows are garbage so i can understand where you're coming from.
REVIVE MECHA
Jan 23, 2021 4:37 PM

Oct 2013
smallasiangirl said:

Edit: Please read my list before making any assumptions. I have stated that this thread is meant to challenge my preconceived notions, big thanks to those who bothered answering the question.

I am not reading 5 pages to see if anyone actually bothered to meet you on your level here, and I've only actually seen one of the above shows, but I wonder if you genuinely don't see any other selling points to these series except male wish-fulfillment?

I thought Bunny Girl was witty, had fun characters, and loved some of the twists, especially in the movie. It hadn't even occurred to me the series was incel-bait until going on MAL and seeing people have an aneurism.

I haven't seen this one, but my ex-girlfriend loved SAO for its world and characters, and its my understanding talking to some other weebs that it's also the series that brought to life the "trapped in a video game" setting for a new generation.

There are other selling points to these series, even if they don't sell you specifically, or even if you feel it does those things badly, besides the wish-fulfillment element.

And finally, why is wish-fulfillment inherently bad? Yeah, it's unrealistic, but many genres of media are precipitated on that notion of escapism. For decades kids have fallen for series like The Lord of the Rings or Narnia for being fantasy wish-fulfillment, letting us be whisked away into mythical otherworlds rich with beauty, heroics, and adventure.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 23, 2021 4:45 PM

Mar 2016
It just be like that sometimes but it works.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
3 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
11 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 7 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.