Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 15, 2021 6:14 AM

Aug 2017
We memed it with my friends based on the trailer only, so when the first episode came out, I had take a screenshot every 2 minutes and send it to them.
"Hololive was a mistake" -HaYagoo Miyazaki

Jan 15, 2021 6:50 AM

Jan 2020
Waiting for it to beat Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven
Jan 15, 2021 7:34 AM
Jan 2011
Anime needs it's own razzy awards. This cgi reminds me of reboot.
Jan 15, 2021 8:14 AM
Nov 2020
I personally feel like the whole idea of the story isn’t that bad but the animation literally ruins it... I’ll probably give the manga a shot tho—
Jan 15, 2021 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
its amazing how its not even a hate campaign, everyone who just happens to watch the first episode is like "yep, this is shit" lol
Jan 15, 2021 4:38 PM

May 2019
In the beginning, watching it or not, people is giving 1 to follow the hype.

With the 2nd episode they will rate 1 cause the confirmation of the joke, we are not being unfair to the series.

After 5 episodes people will be just too bored to still find it funny... and then will give 1 because it is terrible.

And, yet, there will be still more than half of this anime to follow.
Jan 16, 2021 7:54 PM
May 2020
Scordolo said:
It definitely has the potential to top this
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3287/Tenkuu_Danzai_Skelter_Heaven
LoganMcClure21 said:
I really feel bad for the author, can we all give the manga a shot because that actually has good art and it’ll be easier to focus on the story

Don't forget the fans who were hyped when the anime was announced.I feel bad for them too.

I was hyped. Until i saw the trailer. I didn't even finish watching it. Of course i'm glad i removed this entry from my PTW list immediately afterwards.
Jan 16, 2021 7:59 PM

Jul 2020
tanjiroisbae said:
lmao currently it's 2.95, what the fuck is going on.

The rating as of this time is currently 2.32 lmao
Ik your post is old btw.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 16, 2021 8:53 PM
Mar 2014
I Just read the manga last week and it's really good, but seeing 5mnt of the anime I'm disappointed and the Author must be crying
Jan 17, 2021 12:42 AM
Jan 2021
I just discovered that Alice Himegami and Mikasa Ackerman are both voiced by Yui Ishikawa.
LuxologyJan 17, 2021 12:46 AM
Jan 17, 2021 7:47 AM
Oct 2019
Imagine being EX-ARM author.... Must be feel so depression right now
Jan 17, 2021 10:40 AM

Dec 2008
Is it "Mars of Destruction" level of threat? I'm in!
Jan 17, 2021 11:35 AM

Jan 2020
xMGMx said:
Is it "Mars of Destruction" level of threat? I'm in!

Not even gonna lie, I would say it's even worse than Mars of Destruction

Jan 17, 2021 11:46 AM

Jan 2011
its funny how the anime with good animation even if the story trash will always got a high score

it's feel like no one really care about story, it's just about:
1- is the characters hot or badass
2- is the animation good
3- is the art good
3- is there a lot ecchi Moments

even if I don't like the anime art I can't go and rated 0 just because I didn't like the art this really stupid standard for rating which tell me why MAL rating always sucks
Jan 17, 2021 12:21 PM
Dec 2020
I had to stop when they mixed the 2D and 3D characters I mean it's too off putting just make it all 2D or all 3D don't mix it like this. Or even put the 3D in fight scenes and have a 2D for the rest.
Jan 17, 2021 12:29 PM

Sep 2020
xsilicon9 said:
Anime needs it's own razzy awards. This cgi reminds me of reboot.

Except ReBoot came out in like 1994, and this JUST came out.
ReBoot actually looked pretty good for it's time.
Jan 17, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
RegalTheReaL said:
A masterpiece of our time. Everyone needs to experience this

Indeed, folks will be missing out on this soon to be classic.
Jan 17, 2021 2:23 PM
Jan 2017
And you say Aot S4 has shitty animation haha. The combination of 2D and 3D characters in the same scenes was so bad I couldn't stop laughing.

I mean it's shit, but it's more interesting than some better loking average show that's just "barely good".
Jan 17, 2021 5:11 PM
Sep 2016
dark-chaos said:
its funny how the anime with good animation even if the story trash will always got a high score

2- is the animation good
3- is the art good

even if I don't like the anime art I can't go and rated 0 just because I didn't like the art this really stupid standard for rating which tell me why MAL rating always sucks

Funny I know, it's almost as if the medium is called "anime".

Having a good animation is a threshold so obviously, the one with trash animation tend to drop hard. And well it's not like ex-harm has a good story, characters, or world-building either. Moreover, it's an adaption so the animation is even more important because if the animation part of the anime adaptation is bad why even bother with it when there's already a manga.

Also, that list of yours really doesn't work: just look at the top anime by score, almost all of the top100 is there mostly for its story or characters.
Jan 17, 2021 5:26 PM

Sep 2020
I haven't watch it yet but it can't be worse than sword art online s2
Jan 17, 2021 6:40 PM

May 2019
Know what is funny?

If this series was made with OK quality, like No Guns Life, it now probably would be rated 6.80 and have 20k users on MAL, and be completely forgotten in 3 months.

What is better, to be a peasant among the elite, or the King of the trash?
Jan 17, 2021 7:41 PM

Jul 2014
pint said:
As of the time I'm writing this post, this anime has reached an average score of 2.95. This anime is now ranked as the 11th worst anime of all time on this site, as well as being the No.1 lowest ranked TV Anime on this site! Revolutionary.
Unique series in its own way.

To be honest by episode 2, I don't think it's that bad... I mean, I've watched way worse stuff getting a 6.x score in MAL, and by MAL standards 6 is already a really bad score... How is it getting a score THAT low is beyond me.

I don't think bad CGI explains it... there is Bubuki Buranki with a very similar style and a score almost 5 points above this... I wouldn't talk about Ajin because forgetting the CGI Ajin was still really good, but Bubuki Buranki is kinda bad, and CGI is also bad...

Ok. I'm finishing episode 2 and combat animation is hilariously bad. It's weird how they use CGI and it still looks like a Powerpoint presentation lol. The battle in the church was also really stupid. The priest was in the church but he escaped into a police helicopter without anybody seeing him and without any details of how that happened. That part was so badly done that I thought the mastermind was not the priest because he was inside the church and he couldn't have run away THAT fast... without anybody making a remark about it.
LeviathanTheEspJan 17, 2021 8:23 PM
Jan 17, 2021 7:49 PM

Apr 2019
dark-chaos said:

That's how it should work. When rating an adaptation, you rate according to how well the anime does at adapting the source material and how good the animation is. Unless it is an anime original you HAVE to rate on visual quality.

Jan 17, 2021 8:02 PM
Jun 2017
As of typing... 2.27... we are witnessing some history 😂😂😂😂
Jan 17, 2021 8:27 PM

Jul 2014
I suspect people who read the manga are contributing really fast to the rating. It's not only the CGI, this adaptation is rushing so much it makes no sense. Just to find the kiss censorship scene I went to chapter 7 and I don't understand a thing because anime is skipping everything.
Jan 17, 2021 9:43 PM

Jan 2019
LeviathanTheEsp said:
I suspect people who read the manga are contributing really fast to the rating. It's not only the CGI, this adaptation is rushing so much it makes no sense. Just to find the kiss censorship scene I went to chapter 7 and I don't understand a thing because anime is skipping everything.

I'm at chapter 10 and the manga still hasn't caught up with episode 2.
Jan 17, 2021 11:04 PM
Jul 2017
Holy shit this anime is about to beat Mars of Destruction. Ex Arm is at a 2.26
Jan 18, 2021 12:58 AM
Sep 2016
LeviathanTheEsp said:

Fans of the manga most likely did give it a 1/10 considering how much it butchers the manga, but since only 43 people have it as completed, I doubt they're having much of an influence.
Jan 18, 2021 1:00 AM
Aug 2018
Epic failure on this scale only comes a few times in our life time. Enjoy it while you can, because there’s a big chance this embarrassment might get deleted from existence when it ends.
Jan 18, 2021 1:07 AM

Dec 2014
What are the reactions from those actor participated in this anime?

LOL
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 18, 2021 1:21 AM

Jan 2011
Oriotiar said:
dark-chaos said:

2- is the animation good
3- is the art good

Having a good animation is a threshold so obviously, the one with trash animation tend to drop hard. And well it's not like ex-harm has a good story, characters, or world-building either. Moreover, it's an adaption so the animation is even more important because if the animation part of the anime adaptation is bad why even bother with it when there's already a manga.

Also, that list of yours really doesn't work: just look at the top anime by score, almost all of the top100 is there mostly for its story or characters.

actually this because most the time anime with good animation will have good story
actually I read the manga and it's not that bad as story

my point was that people complain about the art more than story
for example look to Nanatsu no Taizai first season got 7.98 score but third one got 6.40 after the visual drop, now imagine if the first season was with same bad visual like now then I guess you will see the score at least 5 or 4

well maybe because I like manga more than anime that why I don't care too much about the visual when come to rating
Jan 18, 2021 2:36 AM
Sep 2016
dark-chaos said:
Oriotiar said:

actually this because most the time anime with good animation will have good story
actually I read the manga and it's not that bad as story

my point was that people complain about the art more than story
for example look to Nanatsu no Taizai first season got 7.98 score but third one got 6.40 after the visual drop, now imagine if the first season was with same bad visual like now then I guess you will see the score at least 5 or 4

well maybe because I like manga more than anime that why I don't care too much about the visual when come to rating

Sure a lot of the time if a company is going to invest in a good animation, the original material has a good story, but they're a lot of exception (no game no life 0 for example). But more importantly the top100 really isn't ordered by how good the animation is, almost all the anime in it have a good animation but a lot of them would be nowhere near as hight if it was ordered by animation, just look at FMAB and Steins;Gate which are 1st and 2nd yet neither has particularly great animation.

Sure Ex-arm manga's story is okay but the anime completely butcher it, same for the characters, and the art style; everything is rushed and they cut a lot of important parts.

Once again animation is especially important for adaptation, especially manga one since it's almost the only thing the anime adds. And in Nanatsu no Taizai's case, the quality already goes down really fast in the manga so if a bad story is badly animated, it's not that strange that the score will get lower, in fact, I'm surprised that s3 has a score of 6.40 I thought it would be much lower.

That seems kinda backward, I mean you do you, but if you're a manga fan shouldn't you be more concerned about the animation than anime-only, after all the visual is what the adaptation is supposed to add over the story, characters, and art that you can allready enjoy in the manga?
Jan 18, 2021 5:14 AM

Oct 2017
This is the first anime I gave a score of one, it would be zero if it was possible.
Jan 18, 2021 6:52 AM

Jan 2011
Oriotiar said:

Sure a lot of the time if a company is going to invest in a good animation, the original material has a good story, but they're a lot of exception (no game no life 0 for example). But more importantly the top100 really isn't ordered by how good the animation is, almost all the anime in it have a good animation but a lot of them would be nowhere near as hight if it was ordered by animation, just look at FMAB and Steins;Gate which are 1st and 2nd yet neither has particularly great animation.

Sure Ex-arm manga's story is okay but the anime completely butcher it, same for the characters, and the art style; everything is rushed and they cut a lot of important parts.

Once again animation is especially important for adaptation, especially manga one since it's almost the only thing the anime adds. And in Nanatsu no Taizai's case, the quality already goes down really fast in the manga so if a bad story is badly animated, it's not that strange that the score will get lower, in fact, I'm surprised that s3 has a score of 6.40 I thought it would be much lower.

That seems kinda backward, I mean you do you, but if you're a manga fan shouldn't you be more concerned about the animation than anime-only, after all the visual is what the adaptation is supposed to add over the story, characters, and art that you can already enjoy in the manga?

well if you rate no game no life 0 this just proves that you don't have a standard for rating like the majority of members
I agree with you that the rating should include everything from visual to story but sadly I don't see MAL rating represent this, also if we include the anime fans who will rate other famous anime 0 just to make sure his favorite stay the top, then my point about how much MAL rating sucks is valid

at least this why I stopped care about updating my list or rate anything because it's useless

Jan 18, 2021 7:11 AM
Dec 2016
pint said:
As of the time I'm writing this post, this anime has reached an average score of 2.95. This anime is now ranked as the 11th worst anime of all time on this site, as well as being the No.1 lowest ranked TV Anime on this site! Revolutionary.
yaaaaay we win number 1 even if its bad still number 1
Jan 18, 2021 10:09 AM
Sep 2016
dark-chaos said:
Oriotiar said:

That seems kinda backward, I mean you do you, but if you're a manga fan shouldn't you be more concerned about the animation than anime-only, after all the visual is what the adaptation is supposed to add over the story, characters, and art that you can already enjoy in the manga?

well if you rate no game no life 0 this just proves that you don't have a standard for rating like the majority of members
I agree with you that the rating should include everything from visual to story but sadly I don't see MAL rating represent this, also if we include the anime fans who will rate other famous anime 0 just to make sure his favorite stay the top, then my point about how much MAL rating sucks is valid

at least this why I stopped care about updating my list or rate anything because it's useless

What the problem with rating NGNL:zero, are you against rating anime movies for some reasons?

Well, I do agree that MAL scores rarely are the best metric on which to judge a series, that said, it doesn't make your "people rate only on visual" or "people don't care about the story" claims any more true.
Jan 18, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2020
At the time I write this post, Ex-Arm is almost top 3 worst rated anime on MAL, currently at rank 4 worst rated. Maybe I should support the rating system by also providing my 1.
Jan 18, 2021 11:25 AM

Jan 2011
Oriotiar said:

What the problem with rating NGNL:zero, are you against rating anime movies for some reasons?

Well, I do agree that MAL scores rarely are the best metric on which to judge a series, that said, it doesn't make your "people rate only on visual" or "people don't care about the story" claims any more true.

oh I thought you rated NGNL series as 0, well I just misunderstand you
anyway it's not just inside MAL even inside japan the same
Jan 18, 2021 11:50 AM

Apr 2020
@pint It's mind boggling that this season of Winter 2021 alone possesses the highest-rated and lowest-rated show of all-time the whole 2020's.

#00002 AOT: The MAPPA Season (9.15)
#10960 Ex-Arm (2.26)

Not all-time yet since FMAB is yet to be dethroned...
Jan 18, 2021 12:05 PM

Apr 2019
raiderublaze said:
@pint It's mind boggling that this season of Winter 2021 alone possesses the highest-rated and lowest-rated show of all-time the whole 2020's.

#10960 Ex-Arm (2.26)

soon, the passing of fmab is imminent..

Jan 18, 2021 12:11 PM

Apr 2020
pint said:

I'm quite honored that I'm gonna witness that inevitable day...
Jan 18, 2021 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
raiderublaze said:
pint said:

I'm quite honored that I'm gonna witness that inevitable day...
It's happened a few times b4 but not for long, like Gintama and Kimi no na wa

Also eat shit Crunchyroll, keep it up n make Funimation regret buying u

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jan 18, 2021 6:45 PM

Oct 2008
UPDATE: we are now at 2.25!!!

Jan 19, 2021 5:10 AM

Feb 2014
pint said:
raiderublaze said:

#10960 Ex-Arm (2.26)

Eh, not really. You can expect that the moment it gets close enough to FMA:B, it's going to receive tons of low ratings. Keeps happening for everything that approaches FMA:B close enough and won't change this time around either.
Jan 19, 2021 5:59 AM

Jun 2007
so tempted to watch this honestly. but i'm going to be disappointed if it is not on a truly utter mega absolute garbage level and people are just having fun rating it "1"...
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jan 20, 2021 12:11 AM

May 2017
the score decreased every day holy sheett, we make new history guys
lol
Jan 20, 2021 1:29 AM

Oct 2015
This season is legendary, we got

Attack on Titan aiming to surpass FMAB for BEST anime of all time

and

Ex Arm trying to surpass Skelter Heaven for WORST anime of all time

what a time to be alive
Jan 20, 2021 11:04 AM

Apr 2020
Now I guess it's look more like people will now try to score it low just to get it below mars of destruction
Jan 20, 2021 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
Crazy to think it's feasible that there'll be more drops than completes when this is all over. Might not happen, but it's pretty close right now, and we're not even at the "3 episode droppers" point yet.

Only other show I know that has done this is 'Forest Fairy Five' (500 completes/900 drops)
Jan 20, 2021 12:54 PM
Sep 2015
LOL, someone put a petition on redit
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 7, 2021

18 by ionelHeredia »»
May 11, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 28, 2021

25 by ionelHeredia »»
May 10, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 21, 2021

23 by ionelHeredia »»
May 9, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 14, 2021

28 by ionelHeredia »»
May 8, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Ex-Arm Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 7, 2021

36 by ionelHeredia »»
May 6, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.